All categories

Eventsquid

Automated event registration with website & app creation

Eventsquid Reviews

Pros

Eventsquid has a unique way of outlaying details of an event in a comprehensive yet visually pleasant manner. Lovely integration with mobile app solutions too.

Jordane M.

Tom L.

The team is great, and we feel well cared for. Overall it's a great product supported by a great team, and we're happy Eventsquid customers.

Jenny S.

Cons

I struggled with some of the payment options and that was frustrating at times. It is not clear how payments should be properly handled.

Krista H.

The event evaluation tool also needs work - we've continued using Google Forms for this because the information is hard to use once people leave reviews in Eventsquid.

Jenny S.

And if it wasn't due to either of those reasons, customer service was right on it to correct anything... including my mistakes.

Mike C.

4.8

Wish we would have discovered Eventsquid sooner!

On top of solving all of our registration problems, through Eventsquid, we've solved problems that we didn't even realize were problems. For example, our accounting department for 34 years has produced invoices for hundreds of participants that wish to be invoiced. It's not hard to do but it takes time. With Eventsquid, the customer creates their own invoices and in their communication center, you...

Pros

I don't even know where to start. One of the biggest benefits we've received thus far is the ease of registering our customers. Our event is extremely complex with many different rules, exceptions, registration offerings, dozens of different registration categories that influence different registration prices, etc. We've tried several other registration systems and they just simply could not do...

Cons

I can honestly say there is nothing I dislike about this software. There were a couple of far-fetched, "in a perfect world" requests we had and their staff quickly modified the system to make it work for us.

Flexible platform for creative managers

The support team and leadership have been great to work with - I feel really supported and am proud to have brought this service and platform to my organization. We have since adopted EventSquid as our enterprise-level event management system. We're excited to continue learning the platform and the many needs it can meet.

Pros

The flexibility within the platform to customize and configure pathways and events just the way you need them is great! The user experience is smooth and appears seamless on mobile or desktop - that's a necessary feature for this type of platform. The admin side of the platform is fairly straight-forward and simple; you won't need an IT expert to use and deploy this platform. The support from the EventSquid team is what puts it over the top!

Cons

With so much customization, there is a bit to explore and can be overwhelming. The VEO seems promising but we haven't been able to quite figure it out with the video-conferencing platform and types of services we offer. There are just a few things here and there that the platform does (registration timeouts, inability to automate email/attachments in confirmation emails, not saving submissions, etc) that are a little frustrating, but nothing unexpected from a new platform.

Great event registration software at a reasonable price!

This is our second year using Event Squid. FitnessFest Conference & Expo is a conference for fitness professionals. We have about four days and 8 "tracks/seminars or workshops" going on at once when we hold our events, not to mention an expo and a rather robust and sometimes complicated schedule and payment options. We have a very unique service and need a variety of things. FitnessFest entertained...

Pros

EventSquid is very user-friendly. We are able to capture all the information needed from our attendees. Integration with Paypal was great for us to process payments quickly and easily. EventSquid has made our jobs much easier than in the past. The reports generation is a huge plus. We can see so much data across mulitple workshops without having to do it manually. It has helped us save so much time!

Cons

We feel we could have used a bit more training at the beginning to really utilize all the features of the software. We have a lot of complicated scenarios (mostly of our own doing) so we need to better understand how EventSquid can work best in those instances. Also sometimes certain actions feel redundant so might be good to be able to activate a function in multiple places. Lastly some things you have to push SAVE and somethings are autosaved. Would prefer autosave throughout the whole site.

Great features and functionality, issues with user-compatibility

It helped with several essential event functions, like registration and payment processing, and helped make things easier. However, non-user-friendly functions made things more difficult for us, as we had to help guests register and make payments over the phone. All in all, it's affordable and worth the money, but improvements are needed.

Pros

It performs a lot of functions, from registering guests to processing payments to sending out event surveys.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly, especially for people who are not internet savvy. I had to help most of our guests register for the event because the registration process was too complicated (having to make a profile for every attendee, even guests of our main attendees, made things difficult. People simply wanted to register guests without providing their names, addresses, etc.).

Hi Amberlee, I'm sorry to hear that you had to help your guests register because your form asked for name, address, etc. I looked at your event setup and it appears that instead of setting up your fundraiser as a simple event, you copied a sport shooting event (more complex setup) and left the guest setup in place. You, of course, can eliminate any or all fields from the guest registration form...

Very Glad I Found This Software!

This software has saved us countless hours in every aspect from setup to tracking to reporting to billing. We set up 3 different registrations - for clients, business partners, and employees - repeating some questions in all 3 but then easily making them unique for each type of registrant. Simple! And I cannot say enough about their customer service. Every single person we've worked with is pleasant,...

Pros

Eventsquid (ES) has given us amazing event organization capabilities at an incredibly reasonable price. The features rival those of systems that cost 5-6 times as much, and its presentation of info to our clients and business partners is very professional looking and easy to use. We set up very sophisticated agendas in it with dozens of sessions, spread across 6 different meeting rooms and many sessions...

Cons

There is nothing we really don't like, some feature just take some getting used to like any other software package. On a recent, sophisticated setup, I made the mistake of setting up our sessions in registration setup before I created them in agenda setup and then found out the agenda has to be done first. There was no converting the work I had done - my bad. We've opened a few enhancement requests and in general are pleased with the way they've been handled. Some have been added to the software, we've been given workarounds for others, and there are a few that are still on a future possibilities list. We could not ask for more than that.

You Can't Beat It The Service

From the start I found the company great to work with. They are very hands on from the demo/sales side all the way through with them taking you through your "lessons" so you can learn the system. If there is a problem or if you have a question they are very responsive. They work with you on finding the answer you need or to help you work through a problem you may have.

Pros

I found once I learned how Eventsquid titles or "sees" things when building an event registration system and website it was easy to use. The initial set-up when you are first learning can be difficult as there is a lot of toggling between tabs especially if you are building customized questions an attendee needs to fill out. But I find this software to be easy to use not only from the attendee's perspective but also for the planner who has to build it. This is huge as I have worked with other registration systems where you almost need a background in coding to use.

Cons

I find some of the reporting to be basic and not as customizable as I need it to be especially when it comes to the accounting side of things. There are also limitations on what it can do if you choose to use this software as a website.

Hands down the best event registration software!

I have to say it's been nothing but positive since the beginning, from the start we were greeted and introduced to Eventsquid by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself when we inquired about Eventsquid. The team they have at Eventsquid is incredible, their team responds right away, they are friendly, personable but still professional. I noticed a small error in the registration process and they called...

Pros

There are so many features that EventSquid has, that I am still learning about today. It has everything you need to set up a successful event, from creating profiles, to profile specific custom questions, to having a website for your guests to access to sign up and learn more about your events. We used a different array of event registration for our largest event of the year and I have to say, it feels good to finally have everything in one spot and to have a registration simplified.

Cons

Compared to using more basic and very limited registration software, it took some time to learn how to set up an event with all of the features that they have. But that was a more personal understanding, as they provided training to help me grasp the idea better and their support team has answered my questions in as little as under an hour at times too!

Terrific Virtual Event Management Software with Exceptional Customer Service

Eventsquid enabled us to successfully and efficiently run our very first online virtual summit. The feedback from our participants was overwhelmingly positive (both the for the event itself and their interaction with Eventsquid). For me, the most impressive aspect of Eventsquid is their customer service. Yes, the product is fantastic, but due to their highly responsive customer service team, I have become a raving fan. Can't wait to manage our next big event with Eventsquid!

Pros

Pretty much everything: Very strong feature set, intuitive UI, really nice analytics suite, ability to link registrant payments w/Stripe, a single fee (to us) per 1000 registrants (they do not take a cut of each registrant which is nice), a robust event management tool set, wonderful customer service (a massive differentiator that has turned me into a raving fan).

Cons

There's a few little things in the UI that could enhance the experience (e.g. ensure hitting "refresh" on a page doesn't take you back to the main page). More knowledge base articles/videos. Otherwise, they've built a really effective event management tool.

Most Features for the Money

We love the ease of use and the ability to create our events, register attendees, get feedback all under one platform.

Pros

This was very easy software to learn and use. We looked at several options for our annual event. The one that we had used in the past wanted more for their base product and for each added function wanted a fee. This software is a total package and they keep adding features like online/virtual event registration.

Cons

Not having someone to talk to for support 24/7. However, the videos they have can answer most questions.

Great Software and Customer Service

Great Customer Service and a Wonderful Event Registration Software!!!

Pros

Ease of use...very user friendly and you can customize based upon your event needs

Cons

Reporting. The reporting is very good and you can customize but it takes time to get the information in the format you want it in.

Recommend Eventsquid

Eventsquid has really helped us increase the professionalism of our events. From registration page look and feel to easier check-in to successfully hosting a virtual event with more than 200 people, 50 workshops, and 65 presenters, Eventsquid really does an excellent job in supporting the major needs of event planners. We appreciate their drive to constantly improve their product and the high level of customer care they provide. Overall, we're happy customers and plan to remain so for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Eventsquid has outshone our legacy, custom-made event software manager. I'm constantly uncovering new and different ways to utilize the software to our needs, and we really have no regrets about choosing Eventsquid as opposed to some of the other more expensive options that are available. The software makes it easy to see event revenue vs outstanding payments, it's easy to track and find registered...

Cons

The program is feature heavy which makes it a bit challenging to deploy due to the learning curve. However, once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to use. We seem to have higher than normal "pending" or "incomplete" registrations than we did with our legacy product, but it's unclear if that's from user error or software issues (we do hear from time to time that a user couldn't get past a certain...

Great Functionality, Great Value, Even Better Customer Service

Eventsquid has given us the ability to run a professional conference with a national reputation. The software gives us the ability to offer a great experience for a large group of attendees. Our conference generated the highest revenues and hosted our largest audience ever in year one of using Eventsquid. We can only imagine what the future holds. Their customer service is to notch. They are responsive, patient, and truly care about us as a customer. We always know they are there for us no matter what. It has been one of the smartest decisions we have made in the 10 year history of the conference.

Pros

A couple of years ago we were looking to move our conference into the big leagues and that required a comprehensive event management system. Eventsquid gave us the opportunity to transition from a local event to a national conference. The registration system alone was invaluable as it allowed us to create a streamlined process unique to each individuals profession. It increased or conversion rates...

Cons

Eventsquid offers you the ability to have an event type app that does not require downloading app itself since it is web based. It is a nice feature that they were still developing at the time. It could use some more features and flexibility but they have made improvements and we are excited to leverage that for our next event.

Great Product at Affordable Price

If you're looking for value and affordability then definitely look at EventSquid. It gives you options (i.e. mobile site and webpages for events) that would cost extra with other competitors. We solved the issue of needing a robust event management tool at an affordable price and realized that we got more than what we initially thought we wanted. However, there is room for improvement.

Pros

I love the webpage that EventSquid automatically generates for each of my events/trainings. It's included with the price so I don't need to pay extra to achieve that professional look. The first event we ever used EventSquid, we had more out-of-state folks (and one person from another country) register than ever before! I believe part of the reason is because the website looks so much more professional (and legit) than it did with my previous event management site. Also, the mobile site is amazing and our attendees loved adding agenda items to their itinerary!

Cons

Three main issues: 1) The Group Payment option is ONLY available for initial checkout, meaning an admin needs to enter 15+ people all at once in order to get to the final group payment page. However, if an admin needs to check-out & "pay later" so that they can get an invoice or await grant funding, then the next time the admin logs in, they will NOT be able to regroup all the invoices and pay with...

The software is a oak tree of functionality. Each branch is a site feature to maximize efficiency

Pros

The Software gives my business a professional web presence that is well developed and highly functional. The software team is constantly updating the system to reflect more efficient ways to organize and adapt to any business model. The software is so advanced that it coordinates aspects of your business that I had previously never considered. Due to the systematic approach to organizational profiling,...

Cons

The software could be mastered by potentially offering web domain creation link. Website hosting would be an additional feature that could be linked to as well.

Strongest Solution for Associations and Member Organizations

The EventSquid team leads with terrific support and backs it up with a very robust solution, regular improvements, and frequent additions to the features and functionality. Our events vary from local meetings with 4-40 people up to week long major events and seminars of several hundred people. If EventSquid didn't support out of the box a particular way we wanted to charge our members or do break...

Pros

Member driven with member history and profile capabilties. Ease of use and flexibility.

Cons

Some of the mobile aspects and integration, all of which have improved greatly and have additional improvements and capabilities coming on the roadmap.

Eventsuid is still rocking it!

Overall, we love Eventsquid! The price is fair and we are looking forward to renewal!

Pros

Integration was easy, the team at Eventsquid is very responsive to questions. Over the last year, we have learned several features that we didn't know the software was capable of and we plan on renewing for another year with them.

Cons

Nothing about Eventsquid is difficult. However, the exhibit booth layout section can get confusing if you don't know what you're doing. The E.S. team is always available for us to ask questions & get ideas on the best way to use certain features.

Eventsquid has made creating and managing our events simple and fully digital.

Increased our event registrations and the resources we need to dedicate to promoting and running the event. We've went fully digital by building agendas and uploading presentations that attendees can access.

Pros

Creating an event is easy. We host 2 live events each year and looking to grow that going forward. We can have an event site up in a few hours and if we have questions or interest in other ways to do things the knowledge base and support has been great.

Cons

Would really like integrations with Salesforce or Mailchimp to pull our users list directly into the system. While it doesn't take much time, we are constantly updating contacts in Salesforce so by syncing them it would make inviting attendees quicker. With Mailchimp, its our main communications tool, so being able to send via that with our standard branding could also improve our use. Finally, for online events we use Webex Event Center. We've done some testing with that, but it's a little "clunky" on how we have to set it up.

Hi Ryan, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! On integration, we have a REST API. An Eventsquid-Salesforce integration is never a one-size-fits-all, due to the complexities of Eventsquid and SF data structures. However, some clients have found success by building/contracting middleware that consumes our public API. This is currently the recommended solution. As for email, our internal email system will permit you to brand and dress your emails in a way that allows people to see that it's from you. I understand you may not be able to do a 1:1 formatting (yet...we have this on the horizon). If there is anything else we can assist with, please let us know! Michael

Eventsquid is great for management all types of events

Eventsquid has been a lifesaver for our organization. We formerly had significant issues making sure people could register seamlessly for our conferences. Eventsquid has allowed us to not only create event registration sites that are easy to navigate but it has also given us reporting and statistics that we didn't have previously. Eventsquid was extremely helpful onboarding us and making accommodations for our complex event scenarios and hosts.

Pros

Low Cost Excellent Customer Support - Eventsquid Team is a true Partner Flexible Registration Options Support for Complex Attendee Types Support for Sponsors and Exhibitors Support for CEUs and Credit Hour attendee recording Stripe integration

Cons

Ability to import sessions does not exist but is something that is supposedly in the works

Bar none, it is the best registration software on the market.

Our meeting planning firm has been using EventSquid for years now, with clients such as Comcast Business and Qdoba Mexican Restaurants. It's extremely user friendly and the quality and functionality, in our opinion, can't be beat. On the rare occasions when we have run into issues or need something improved in the software, they have listened to us and whatever the issues have been, they addressed them within 24 hours. Their customer support is over the top. Their development on improving the software continues on a daily basis. We love this software and will never consider using another one. I can't express it enough. It's the best on the market.

Pros

Ease of use. Cost. They bid on a flat fee basis, program by program, after much discussion about what the client needs. They are the most cost effective in their space.

Cons

Can't think of one.

Best Software I've Used Yet

Our needs are usually difficult to fulfill due to the complexity of our registrations and the niche market our organization serves. We've run into systems with registration question caps that did not work for us, among other issues. This system helps us collect a lot of data on our attendees as well as displays the information in graph form to help our Sales team overcome the "no." This system is amazing! Quick and easy for our staff and admins to use, which is all we ever ask for!

Pros

From the smooth look and feel on the front end, to the numerous (but not overwhelming) admin customizations, this system has everything covered. Every feature seems to be carefully planned and executed to function the best way possible and the customer service is that of a small business.

Cons

Sometimes updates are made and buttons/sections are moved or features are condensed into other areas. Even with the update notes that describe the changes and lists where features are moved, it slows you down a bit after learning and getting comfortable with the UI.

Top notch event management software at a great price

Streamlined event management software and user-experience from design, registration and scheduling, was top notch. I don't think we could have found any other product that met all of our needs, and beyond, at this price. Eventsquid staff were very helpful and timely in training us on the software, which was fairly easy, as well as answering our questions as they came up. Our members liked the system as a user and had no complaints!

Pros

Customizable to meet our event needs- complex registration types, conference session tracks, look/layout to match our theme colors. Intuitive for both administrator and registrants. Great price for all of the functionality. Many other vendors sell registration system and mobile app separately- at a high cost- EventSquid includes all of this at a very good price and it means that online event details and mobile app are automatically linked. Excellent customer service throughout use.

Cons

We really liked all aspects of the software. If we had to pick an area that we liked least, it might be the agenda builder. The functionality was very easy to use, but we weren't able to create a general printable agenda/overview that met all of our needs. The web version of the general agenda worked great though. We just have some attendees who wanted a specific general overview- which we created on our own. Next year, we will use more of its functionality that we weren't able to use this past year since we had to build our event quickly. This will streamline our event and save us even more time.

Finally...a company that gets it!

This software will allow us to consolidate many of our current systems over the next few years. It will also give a more professional and simple way for our exhibitors to register/sign up for booths which will free up significant time for our staff.

Pros

My favorite part of this software is its simplicity. It does everything you need it to in the most straightforward way possible. And it's done in an attractive, user-friendly way to boot! We have a very complicated event and software such as Cvent, Event Brite, AtoZ, and even a custom made database struggled, or were unable, to provide solutions for us in various parts of our event but Event Squid...

Cons

Currently, the only con we've faced is that you cannot search for Exhibitors in the web version of the exhibit hall map. However, they are working on a solution for us since they have this capability in the mobile app. I don't expect this to be a con for long.

Outstanding Event Software and Customer Service

Customer service is top notch from the Sr. level down and everyone on their team was very responsive. Training was thorough and timely. Quick turnaround time with questions. Renewal process was very easy. Happy to see that they are enhancing their systems to meet the current trends and needs of their customers. We definitely made the right choice in selecting Eventsquid.

Pros

The software is user friendly, easy to set-up, it covers everything you need and more. The reporting capability is very comprehensive and detailed.

Cons

There is learning curve to setting up your event, but once you understand it, it flows very easily.

Our overall experience has been great. They are great to work with and good at responding to support questions. While there are some drawbacks to the program, overall it's functionality is very good.

Pros

We like being able to use one platform for exhibitor and conference attendee registration - as well as have all of that information populate into a website specifically for our event (which doubles as a conference app). All of the safety features to help walk someone through the registration process are a real plus as well.

Cons

The exhibitor specific registration part is very basic and has little flexibility. It would be great if it could be configured like the attendee registration. We've made it work for us by making exhibitors an attendee type and having them register that way. Setting up the various registration types can be confusing and time consuming - however EventSquid's support has been very helpful. It would also be nice to have the ability to import session information instead of having to input it all manually.

Hi Abi, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I believe you used our old exhibitor module for your event. Our support team can guide you to our robust profile area and show you how to construct a very powerful exhibitor setup like many of our clients have. I will notify them of this so we can improve your experience. Michael

Mission Success with EventSquid!!

We had previously used another well known registration site for all of our launch events. Several reasons we were looking for another software registration site include (but not limited to): not allowing for 'back door' registrations (security), providing SMS texting capability and setting the # of guest allowances per individual email address to name a few. EventSquid software provided us with ALL...

Pros

Too many to list, our top 4 are: CUSTOMER SERVICE, software is very intuitive, invitation list functionality and the Communication Dashboard!

Cons

Lacks an 'Admin Registration' feature to by-pass the specific parameters of the event.

In the dashboard, you can bypass front-end registration and configure an attendee's registration any way you wish!