Eventzilla Reviews

Eventzilla

Online event ticketing, registration and management software

4.4/5 (340 reviews)

Pros
  • Setup is super easy and easy to use. Abstract management and accommodation features are super useful.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The ticketing feature is awesome and the event tracking tools are very useful. It is easy to setup events and customize the event forms to capture the data you want from the guests.Karyn S.Read the full review
  • The software was very easy to navigate and I especially enjoyed the ease of use of the invite. Everything linked up perfectly , there were no errors at all related to functionality.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • The fees charged by transaction are too high, which is why I use the platform only when absolutely required.Deanna E.Read the full review
  • I was charged approx $5 and I didn't know why. I didn't find a reason why within the site or in the constant emails that were sent to me telling me I was delinquent.Lynette B.Read the full review
  • Some customization features are missing, and sometimes some features don't always link properly.Pieter H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Chris Prestridge

A must have for events!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Eventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.

Pros
Ease of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.

Cons
Would like some additional customization features.

Anonymous

Easy to Use, Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2019-10-28

Overall positive experience.

Pros
The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. Setting up events is quick and straightforward. Events are customizable, which is nice as we hold many kinds of events (in-person, online, etc.). We've been very happy with it - it's helped our small team manage events without complication or hassle.

Cons
We've only had one issue where the Facebook link was not working correctly, but the customer service team helped me rectify the problem quickly. It would be nice to add a speaker or company's LinkedIn or Instagram profiles in addition to Twitter and Facebook.

Brad Pham

Gets the job done

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-27

Pros
Easy to use. Has a mobile organizer app to scan tickets. Can send multiple event reminder emails.

Cons
No feature to add direct hotel booking site. Cannot view event website on app.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Karyn Snyder

Great event solution with robust features

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-01-17

This enabled us to look professional when ticketing for events and helped us keeping events organized and secure.

Pros
Eventzilla is a great solution for event management. The ticketing feature is awesome and the event tracking tools are very useful. It is easy to setup events and customize the event forms to capture the data you want from the guests. Admission at the door is easy using printed or mobile codes to scan.

Cons
I would have liked to be able to customize the confirmation email with the free version, but I am impressed with the solution overall.

Sandra Burela

Eventos de Community - Social Media

Reviewed 2020-03-17

Una vez que se aprende a sortear los obstáculos lo usamos mucho.

Pros
Poder clonar un evento para hacer uno nuevo Los códigos de descuento La variedad de tarifas que se pueden crear

Cons
- Las traducciones al español del panel de administración son nefastas, están hechas por una máquina y a veces es muy difícil entender. - Tenemos que desactivar algunas funcionalidades que puede ver el cliente porque está tan mal traducido que es un antimarketing. Es perjudicial para el negocio pues confunde al cliente. (Ejemplo: Ranuras izquierda!?). En su día ya les escribimos informando de este tema, exactamente el 12 de enero de 2018, pero nadie nos contestó. - Algún texto está en Samoano en vez de Español (TATALA LE NUMERA FAALILOLILO (TUU I LE FAITALIA) - Cuando caduca la fecha de una tarifa y entra en vigor otra, hay que hacer el cambio manualmente (hay que estar a medianoche atento para hacer el cambio) - El editor no permite cambiar el texto de tamaño o color. - No poder programar eventos en otra moneda (Dólares y Euros) Tenemos 2 cuentas de eventzilla y necesitamos usarlos en 2 navegadores distintos para poder trabajar con España (Euros) y Latinoamérica (en dólares)

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Mayowa Areola

Easy to create events.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Pros
Eventzilla makes it easy to create events and customize how I want my event page to look like. It has a simple interface, making it easy for attendees to register for events. I am also able to send messages to my attendees all at once.

Cons
I have had trouble paying for event tickets in time past on Eventzilla. Apart from the issues with payment , Eventzilla does a good job in every other area.

Nechelle Terrell

Longtime User

Reviewed 2020-01-03

I've used Eventzilla for several years and will continue to use for events that are free.

Pros
I like that I can customize the the registration link with the event name in it. I like that you are able to create more than one ticket type.

Cons
I didn't like all the information requested if you're having an event where fees are collected. Most sites just send you the payout to whatever address you select. Eventzilla wanted bank information for the company which I was unable to provide.

Pieter Huyer

Event Planning and Marketing Software Review

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-02-13

Overall, can help your small business with event planning and market details, but does create some unnecessary problems that hopefully can be fixed in the future

Pros
This software has great ticketing features, and the tracking tools that go with it are very helpful to gain demographic research for any event. The software is really easy to use, and definitely adds a lot of professionalism to any event you may have. Everything is very quick and straightforward; perfect for a small business.

Cons
Some customization features are missing, and sometimes some features don't always link properly. The hyperlink buttons to Paypal or Facebook would not work, and this in turn would time out customers who were attempting to pay for tickets. Customer service is capable, but has a long wait time.

Brian Hadley

Simplifies Events

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-10

Eventzilla has made registering individuals for events simple and convenient. It has helped us keep costs down while having a professional presence on the web for our event.

Pros
I love that on a limited budget I can have a professional presence on the web to register individuals for events. With free events/meetings we can keep our costs down. If the attendance is beyond the free plan, we can pass along the fees to the registrant means we can keep our costs down for using the service.

Cons
Overall, there isn't anything not to like about this service. It has simplified life for us when setting up events and meetings.

Lasse Nordvik Wedø

A Great tool to handle registration and information about your event

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-15

It was easy to set up, easy to configure and to keep it up to date.

Pros
As a usergroup administrator, Eventzilla is a great tool to organize meetups. Both as a registration tool, but also a tool to keep attendees up to date on the event. The mobile app is also super useful as a tool to scan the attendees and keeping track of how many there are at each event.

Cons
As a non profit org, I would love to see more features in the free version.

Paul Crosby

The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Affordable event management application that was quick to get up and running

Pros
Cost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good

Cons
We run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.

Fritz Range

Great Event Management Software

Reviewed 2018-11-06

I have used for years for both a High School Reunion and several golf tournaments. It works well. Keeps the Management of attendees.

Pros
Allows you to quickly setup an event, set the Venue, Set the Tickets. Accept Payments. Notifies you of Purchases. Generally a one stop for the Event. It can handle any type of event.

Cons
Did not find it sooner. Would be better if you could spread payments using WEPAY instead of PayPal. It may be a feature but I have not found it. That would be a General Ticket is taken down by a 4 Ticket Purchase. I use Eventzilla for a golf tournament but I have several tickets that are for 4 golfers. We also sell singles. I would like it if I could reduce the Single Player count when a Foursome was purchased. I now do that manually.

Jennifer Foucheaux

Relatively easy to use. Your Eventzilla home page can provide you with lots of useful information!

Reviewed 2015-11-14

I used Eventzilla for a 20 year Nursing School reunion. I am not a professional party planner, just a mere mortal with limited computer skills and a desire to see long-lost friends. This website was perfect for us! Attendees could easily pay with a credit card. You then have to set up an account with PayPal (or similar) to have the money deposited into that account. The Eventzilla fee was a dollar per ticket sold. The fee with Paypal was 2.9% of whatever you are charging for your "ticket" plus 30 cents. Setting up the website was fairly easy, although somewhat time consuming (as any website would be). You can get all sorts of helpful information from your home page about website traffic, aborted ticket sales, etc. If you are selling tickets to something and trying to make money doing so (not the case for me) I can see where this info would be very helpful. I did have to contact customer service one time. I was surprised that there is no phone number to call, only an email address. They did respond to my question quickly, and gave me the information I was looking for. My one complaint, is how the page looks where payment takes place. My attendees would decide how many tickets they were purchasing then click the next button. No prob. On the next page they would fill out their personal info so I would know who was purchasing the ticket, then click the next button. No prob. This next page shows a confirmation number with their name. Next to their name they are to pick a payment method (either Paypal or credit card). This payment area is not set up in a clear fashion. That, coupled with the confirmation number, meant quite a few people thought that they were good to go, but in fact, were not, because they hadn't paid! My suggestion is to NOT give a confirmation number before payment is received as well as revamp the look of the payment screen. Having said that, I would definitely use Eventzilla again. If they could fix the payment screen, they would be darn near perfect.

Kathy Burnam

Eventzilla saves us money for our Non-profit

Reviewed 2019-11-04

Pros
I like the ease to use this program and the costs

Cons
I wish they had more features for tracking those who attend our events in the free package

Cathy Robart

Easy and automated

Reviewed 2017-03-23

We like this site for its ease of use, but would love the options to search for attendees by name and allow attendees to cancel their own registrations.

Pros
Free service, automated emails to participants and organizers, looks good, easy for participants to use.

Cons
Would like the option to search for participants by name since we host so many events. We would also like a clearer explanation to participants as to how to cancel their own registration.

Response from Eventzilla

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

1. We do have plans to improve the name search - in the coming weeks, so you can find attendees easily.

2. Attendee self-service is live now. Attendees can view and download their tickets easily.

In the near future, we are adding options using which attendees can edit or cancel their registrations - when it is enabled by event organizers.

Thanks again,
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Denise Si

The software has gotten better over time. It is not the most intuitive but it certainly gets the job

Reviewed 2017-07-05

Pros
I am able to imbed registration linking on to my website. And it works well with PayPal. It isn't hugely expensive.

Cons
That the software doesn't recognize ticketing levels correctly. For example if you have a max registration of 10 and you have deposit, 1sr installment and 2nd installment registration ticket levels, the system will show sold out when 7 deposits, and 3 1st installments are made even though there are 3 spaces left. This is very annoying.

Gerald Ugrina

5 stars all the way...

Reviewed 2017-03-22

I recommend big time... What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...

Pros
Everything...

Cons
Need french version option upon registration

Response from Eventzilla

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs.

Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release.

Thanks again.
Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Kira Wetzel

Great alternative to EventBrite

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-20

Overall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost. Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).

Pros
I used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money: - Seemingly more features - More customization of my event - Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole - Analytics on events

Cons
- Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so - Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity. - Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

Response from Eventzilla

Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback.

We are thrilled to have you on-board.

Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap.

Thanks again.
- Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

Marcellina DesChamps

A user friendly, visually friendly-ish tool that could use some updates

Reviewed 2017-04-26

We've been using Eventzilla for quarterly classes and event registrations. There are bugs in the system we don't like, but we've figured out a way around some of them to make it work for us. I took on the task of managing the tool without any training provided to me and it's been relatively easy to pick up as the site options are pretty intuitive. The tool has some limitations such as not being able to track sent messages, like when you've notified someone to complete their registration, or when you've notified someone on your waitlist that they can register. Another thing that bothers me is it will not allow us to overbook an event as the the administrator, which means if you cap your event, you have to go through a lengthy and risky process of opening registration up again to the public if you want to register someone on the back-end after your event has reached max cap or it's past the registration deadline. This is something we have to do a lot and it is time-consuming. Overall the tool is useful and pretty user-friendly, but we would like to have better email tracking and customer tracking abilities and will be exploring other options.

Pros
Easy to use.

Cons
Very little if any tracking capabilities.

Tracy Fisher

Versatile event registration site

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Eventzilla has been a great tool for my organization for organizing workshops, open houses, and other events.

Pros
I like that Eventzilla has a lot of options for my events. I can customize all of the details, as well as ticket types, registration details/questions, response emails, reminder frequency, etc. It gets me the information I need to collect data on my registrants and understand my audience better.

Cons
The software is a little cumbersome at times. Some of the great features are pretty hidden and you really have to look for them. The text box fields are also a little tricky sometimes - especially if you copy and paste formatted text. The text boxes allow for text editing and style options, but it is easy to get weird lingering formatting to stick and make things look funky.

Carol Hughes

Eventzilla Review - Springboro Chamber of Commerce

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Excellent system, we have used for about 4 years.

Pros
Ease of use, fast response time, immediate posting, easy to clone events and copy events, edit events and use to register for our members.

Cons
I dislike sometimes that the system is down during the week. I understand sometimes maintenance has to be done, just wish it would be done in the evenings, or on the weekends.

Cindy Houseman

It has worked wonderfully for my business.

Reviewed 2017-11-23

This software is excellent for our purpose. Easy to edit, delete, clone, do attendance. The mobile app is excellent. I have had no changes that I could not figure out. It is very user friendly!

Pros
It is so easy to modify and add to! When I have to delete and re-enter due to a typo, it is very simple to edit. Very user-friendly! Love the mobile app. It is so handy when doing attendance. I really like all of it.

Vincent Yeck

Six Events Experience

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Although this service will improve and has potential to be very good, I would recommend you look at other programs such as Eventbrite and take some notes from their business model. They are very efficient and work very seamless without lag. Although I like your event customizing much better than Eventbrite, the rest has been just off mark. Again, I am sure you will improve over time with feedback such as this.

Pros
Great promise with intuitive layout and customize able layout.

Cons
Reports and real time operation. When a report is ran, it should be able to be opened within a minute or less. Not be told that it will be emailed when ready. Sometimes it took a few minutes, other times, it took hours or never was emailed. Changes when customizing the event were not quick and sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more for them to lock in, even after refreshing the cache. Payments would need to post before tickets were issued, and constant complaints from customers that would not receive their tickets and verified by us as well. Real time purchasing information was a let down as well as the app.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jason Schultz

Eventzilla

Reviewed 2016-08-04

We used the software for about 1 year, as a registration method for a large convention. Overall, the software works well, but there are some flaws, especially with payment methods offered.

Pros
Ease of tracking total numbers of registrants. The ability to download as an excel file at the end, to manipulate into the sign-in sheets that worked best for us.

Cons
The payment methods offered were limited, and not customizable. Also, PayPal was the "online payment method", but PayPal has serious issues with anyone trying to use their cell phone to pay (instead of a laptop/pc). Also, if someone needed a registration modified (name changes, email changes, etc.) it was extremely time consuming and frustrating to do.

Rex Boggs

My experience with Eventzilla

Reviewed 2018-07-17

It saved the organisers a heap of time, and we rarely had anyone registering that found the registration process difficult to use.

Pros
* It really simplified the process of people registering for our workshops, both for them and for us. * When I had an issue with the software, the Eventzilla team got back to me straight away and resolved the problem. * Our workshops had the same format, so we were able to create a new form for registering by just editing an existing form. A real time-saver. * And because we weren't charging teachers for the workshops, it was free to use.

Cons
Only that one issue with the software - we were using a keyboard character in our title that caused the problem. But it was resolved quickly.