Eventzilla Logo

Eventzilla

Online event ticketing, registration and management software

Eventzilla Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

Reviews by rating

Very pleased with service. Love the report generator and the ability to customize service.
It has been good so far with a few frustrations of not understanding the ticket setup. Customer service has been pretty responsive.
This software has great ticketing features, and the tracking tools that go with it are very helpful to gain demographic research for any event.
The fees charged by transaction are too high, which is why I use the platform only when absolutely required.
Setting ticket sales dates do not work accurately and are off by DAYS. Ticket sales quantities are no longer registering and have caused issues with overselling, thus having to manually refund.
We had problems with creating a way for our players to sign up for individualized training.

Lorena A.

New Business Coordinator

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Eventzilla Review: No Event Is Too Big For Eventzilla

Transcript

Lorena: Hi, my name is Lorena. I'm an event coordinator for a small to medium-sized business, and I give...

MG

Mitch G.

Office Manager

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Transcript

Mitch G.: Hi, I'm Mitch. I'm a Logistics Manager in the wine industry, and I give Eventzilla four out...

Tanuj S.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Hassle Free Hosting and Attending Events

Pros

1. Event Registration process is very easy, convenient and user friendly & does not require many days for getting your events live. 2. Payment Withdrawal Methods are amazing unlike others where you have to wait for completion of event. 3. The best part is we can self apply for refund, no need to involve in time-wasting processes of calling customer care executives & all. 4. If we have a good budget then we can also use their marketing strategies where they will promote our events and help us in making our event successfull. 5. Group Discounts is the most amazing feature, although i haven't taken any group discount benefit as my friends have different taste but I think people can use this amazingly.

Cons

1. Features in basic plan should be increased. 2. All Everything is perfectly FINE. Keep it up Guys!

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use, Great for Small Businesses

Overall positive experience.

Pros

The platform is very intuitive and easy to use. Setting up events is quick and straightforward. Events are customizable, which is nice as we hold many kinds of events (in-person, online, etc.). We've been very happy with it - it's helped our small team manage events without complication or hassle.

Cons

We've only had one issue where the Facebook link was not working correctly, but the customer service team helped me rectify the problem quickly. It would be nice to add a speaker or company's LinkedIn or Instagram profiles in addition to Twitter and Facebook.

PL

Phillip L.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

July 2020 - Quality of Product is Declining (user over 2 years)

I used to LOVE this system but now it has gone to $#IT. Going elsewhere.

Pros

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the previous system. It was powerful in all the right ways - mass communication with HTML capabilities, order and attendee sorting, third-party merchant services integration, easy to use event page layout designer, etc... All of the above have slowly declined in reliability and there are many glitches in the system now.

Cons

1. Setting ticket sales dates do not work accurately and are off by DAYS. 2. Ticket sales quantities are no longer registering and have caused issues with overselling, thus having to manually refund. 3. Glitches in sold out capacities where new ticket sales show up as "sold out" immediately. 4. Customer service response times used to be a few days, now I don't even get a follow up. Their chats are...

LA

Lorena A.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

After 3 years and 10+ Events this is still my #1 Choice

Every year I look for other services to make sure the price and service is competitive. I havent switched yet.

Pros

I like that the site is so easy to set up a caveman can do it.

Cons

I think they can benefit from adding more staff for customer service.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Simple set up

Pros

I like that our free events do not cost us anything to register our attendess. Multiple currencies for our paid events are definitely a benefit to our global business. Customer service - always quick to reply

Cons

I would like to drag and drop the order of my sponsors instead of having to re-input them to reflect their order of importance.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Eventzilla is a great asset to our sales team!

Pros

Eventzilla is easy to learn and navigate. It makes managing RSVP lists for events easy and allows customization depending on registration process. The event pages created are clean and neat and user friendly for attendees that are registering for the event.

Cons

There are some limitations if you need to create a detailed (multiple choice) registration page. Sometimes the font format can be difficult to format under Event Information. Would like if you could customize event page with more options.

Patrick B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great for Event Management

Very positive. I tried a bunch of other Event managers and this one was the most flexible for my needs of scheduling a dinner for my scout troop.

Pros

It was easy to setup and configure to personalize for my Boy Scout troop. It was also free for the type of events that we host from time to time.

Cons

Some of the options we a bit challenging to find, and I had to dig through menus to get to them. Perhaps a single page with more of the options would be better than multiple pages tied together with navigation.

Danielle S.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Best entry-level ticket sales/reg platform online

We needed an online system to take hundreds of solo,duet, trio dance registrations for a video dance contest as well as to process ticket sales for the live event. We needed it to have low fees (or zero) as well as the ability to pass on fees to the customer. Eventzilla did all of this easily! From customizing the registration forms to processing refunds and exporting reports - it was a breeze!

Pros

Everything! Very user friendly interface, all of the basic features anyone would need and the price is right!

Cons

It would have been nice to be able to completely customize the ticket/reg main page a bit more.

Angela R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Free trial, but I will be signing up!

Pros

I am currently at the end of my free trial and I WILL be purchasing the software. With the construction industry, sometimes we are all scattered all over at differnt locations and times. With Eventzilla I am able to securely set events (meetings) whenever necessary. The video quality is great. The audio is smooth. We already have a website, but there are options for custom branded website building as well! You can also send out surveys and such as well. This seems to be a one stop shop, and we love it.

Cons

I havent found a con yet in the free trial.

BH

Brian H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Simplifies Events

Eventzilla has made registering individuals for events simple and convenient. It has helped us keep costs down while having a professional presence on the web for our event.

Pros

I love that on a limited budget I can have a professional presence on the web to register individuals for events. With free events/meetings we can keep our costs down. If the attendance is beyond the free plan, we can pass along the fees to the registrant means we can keep our costs down for using the service.

Cons

Overall, there isn't anything not to like about this service. It has simplified life for us when setting up events and meetings.

JF

Jennifer F.

Relatively easy to use. Your Eventzilla home page can provide you with lots of useful information!

I used Eventzilla for a 20 year Nursing School reunion. I am not a professional party planner, just a mere mortal with limited computer skills and a desire to see long-lost friends. This website was perfect for us! Attendees could easily pay with a credit card. You then have to set up an account with PayPal (or similar) to have the money deposited into that account. The Eventzilla fee was a dollar...

CR

Cathy R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy and automated

We like this site for its ease of use, but would love the options to search for attendees by name and allow attendees to cancel their own registrations.

Pros

Free service, automated emails to participants and organizers, looks good, easy for participants to use.

Cons

Would like the option to search for participants by name since we host so many events. We would also like a clearer explanation to participants as to how to cancel their own registration.

Hi Cathy, Thank you for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs. 1. We do have plans to improve the name search - in the coming weeks, so you can find attendees easily. 2. Attendee self-service is live now. Attendees can view and download their tickets easily. In the near future, we are adding options using which attendees can edit or cancel their registrations - when it is enabled by event organizers. Thanks again, Customer Success Team @Eventzilla

DS

Denise S.

The software has gotten better over time. It is not the most intuitive but it certainly gets the job

Pros

I am able to imbed registration linking on to my website. And it works well with PayPal. It isn't hugely expensive.

Cons

That the software doesn't recognize ticketing levels correctly. For example if you have a max registration of 10 and you have deposit, 1sr installment and 2nd installment registration ticket levels, the system will show sold out when 7 deposits, and 3 1st installments are made even though there are 3 spaces left. This is very annoying.

KH

Kenji H.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Eventzilla in the lineup of other event software I've used

I use it to put together a luncheon at a trade show for 100+ people, twice a year. It works well enough, and seems to get good uptake. I'd like to have more design options and have the app auto-save my work. Creating a mobile app option would add value and make the platform stand out from competitors like Eventbrite, Eventbee and Cvent.

Pros

free access, seems to be working to improve each time I use it. Moving in the right direction. I also like the security feature built into the UX, where I'm prompted to create a password for registrants. Allows me to get creative w/o making it too difficult.

Cons

Many event-centric elements aren't even hinted at as on offer. It'd be a good way to monetize it better, to 'ghost' features like planning checklists, contact lists, design templates, and other key event organizing points. Having a wizard/AI would be amazing, since there are many types of events.

CH

Carol H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Eventzilla Review - Springboro Chamber of Commerce

Excellent system, we have used for about 4 years.

Pros

Ease of use, fast response time, immediate posting, easy to clone events and copy events, edit events and use to register for our members.

Cons

I dislike sometimes that the system is down during the week. I understand sometimes maintenance has to be done, just wish it would be done in the evenings, or on the weekends.

JS

Jason S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Eventzilla

We used the software for about 1 year, as a registration method for a large convention. Overall, the software works well, but there are some flaws, especially with payment methods offered.

Pros

Ease of tracking total numbers of registrants. The ability to download as an excel file at the end, to manipulate into the sign-in sheets that worked best for us.

Cons

The payment methods offered were limited, and not customizable. Also, PayPal was the "online payment method", but PayPal has serious issues with anyone trying to use their cell phone to pay (instead of a laptop/pc). Also, if someone needed a registration modified (name changes, email changes, etc.) it was extremely time consuming and frustrating to do.

KM

Kelsey M.

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

Great event platform

Great platform does what I need it to do without being difficult to use.

Pros

This product is easy to use. Everything is in individual categories making is step by step to set up for whatever you’re trying to use this platform for.

Cons

I would like to see a simplified yes or no rsvp without having to be a ticket sale.

MD

Marcellina D.

Research, 1-10 employees

A user friendly, visually friendly-ish tool that could use some updates

We've been using Eventzilla for quarterly classes and event registrations. There are bugs in the system we don't like, but we've figured out a way around some of them to make it work for us. I took on the task of managing the tool without any training provided to me and it's been relatively easy to pick up as the site options are pretty intuitive. The tool has some limitations such as not being able...

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Very little if any tracking capabilities.

BR

Barry R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Running a business on my own...

I didn't mean for it to become a business. I just thought I had some space and could let people use it to give dental continuing education. Before I knew it, I had 25 classes running each year and it's growing. A secretary? No need. I run it with Eventzilla! Promotion, registration, attendee lists, refunds (through PayPal). It couldn't be simpler. My only complaint is that some of my tuitions are pretty large and I pay a hefty fee with the flat percentage even though there is no extra work for that. But that does cover their free service, too, so what the heck.

Pros

Pretty easy to run.

Cons

Sometimes I find certain things hard to find....have to go through different sections to find what I'm looking for. Can't remember examples offhand.

KG

Kati G.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

PIDX International Review

Pros

User-friendly interface, good options, good customer support

Cons

1. Some bugs in software, features sometimes do not save and revert to previous setting. 2. Sent our scheduled event survey at random time (not when it was scheduled).

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great tool for organising events

We've used eventzilla to organise our national fundraising challenge events, allowing people to sign up for mountain climbs and pay for their ticket at the same time as accepting T&C's and finding out more information about the event. It was really easy to set up and to manage the event and much easier than dealing with hundreds of emails!

Pros

It's easy to use and simple to personalise the events to incorporate your own branding and design. The notification settings are also easy to adjust to suit and reporting works really well. There are a lot of functions for a simple looking interface.

Cons

Nothing, it all does what we want it to!

cs

col s.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

I like the professionalism it provides me and ease of use.

Pros

That it is web based and easy to access and edit when needed. I like that I can copy and event and edit it with a new link. That is a time saver.

CR

Carol R.

Education Management, self-employed

Gets the Job Done

It was fairly easy to use with a low cost.

Pros

It was simple to duplicate my events from last summer and edit them for this summer.

Cons

I had difficulties getting the coupon codes and online payments to work.

MR

Murrel R.

Nonprofit Organization Management,

Used other for 2+ years

Very practical and useful. Good features and support.

Pros

Provides good value at low investment of time & money. We have reconsidered Event Brite from time to time, it has better features, but still select EventZilla. Writing our own from scratch is too expensive.

Cons

Lacks good field edits. Numbers should have field length, upper & lower boundary checks etc. We have an online membership database that we would like to use to validate attendees but there seems to be no way to embed code to validate member numbers against those entered in the field.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use for different types of events

We have a midday event for moms and their children at our church. I needed a method to know who was coming each time so that I could plan appropriately for childcare. Eventzilla made this a simple process for me to set up and for our moms to use.

Pros

I liked being able to personalize my use of Eventzilla for different types of events. I work in church ministry and have used this for ticket sales and just simple registrations. It helped me tremendously to be able to build my own registration forms with specific questions based on the needs of the event.

Cons

It took me a little while to learn how to effectively use the waiting list feature with my sales and registrations. I would have a limited number of spots and needed an easy way for a customer to cancel their ticket and the next person on the waiting list to be notified.