Formaloo Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.39/10

See full reviews by rating

Alfredo G.

I am a user of Formaloo because honestly, compared to other alternatives on the market, its price is much lower and its quality is very good. In terms of functionality, Formaloo is very solid.

DC

Dunia C.

The free version is pretty powerful and allows you to test its validity before buying. Demo with team was helpful in answering my advanced questions.

TH

Troy H.

The most frustrating thing I felt was a lack of support for in built formulas and variables in the calculator function. Their calculator needs a lot of improvements.

VK

Vaibhav K.

The major problem, in my opinion, is the limited UI customization.

Marco C.

listing-logo
+ 2

Typeform

Compare both
How would you rate Formaloo?

Formaloo is much more than just a form builder...laden with useful features.

Formaloo has powerful features with potential uses cases that goes much beyond digital marketing. If you manage data of any kind, it can be a real struggle to find a tool that can be useful for multiple use cases. This could be your answer. Their roadmap is promising a lot and if they deliver, this will become a killer application. I hope they deliver. There is also a feel good factor which I am experiencing with the Formaloo team when it comes to their transparency, their actions and their service standards.

Pros

It is NOT just a form builder. Look at it as a data management tool. Look at it as your one source of truth. The extensive library of DFY templates is a great starting point for the beginner. I really like the relational aspect of the tool wherein you can basically combine multiple forms and mix and match them to create powerful data engines. It is a function of our imagination.

Cons

The load time can be slightly disturbing but I am sure it will improve with time as they work on it as currently, there are a lot of things going on under the hood with powerful features. There are a few missing features as of now and I am waiting for Answer Piping, Table filters and Multiple outcome/success pages.

Solid typeform alternative + promising live survey features

Great experience so far (like described above)

Pros

I am a WordPress user, so my previous experience was limited to WordPress formbuilder Plugins and Google Forms. I never was quite happy with the Wordpress Plugins I tried. With Formaloo I am actually satisfied though. I don't use their WordPress Plugin but embed it through their Iframe which works quite well. Many times, I link to the standalone forms, too. So, there is a solid amount of flexibility for different usecases. I like that. The mobile App is something nice to have, too. The functions of the form itself including statistics are more or less the same as compared to the competition. All I need for the moment.

Cons

I like the idea of the presentation mode - however, they need to add the possibility to access the survey with a specific QR code (similar to how kahoot and ngage.ai's presentation mode work). During presenting, there is no time to send a link to participants. Thus, as long there is no QR code for them to click on, I won't really use this feature.

Formaloo works well, easily adaptable, and keeps improving

I am using it to collect data from customers, potential customers, and from anon people for database, surveys, etc. purposes

Pros

It is relatively simple to use and yet can be used for a lot of different applications. I am only really using the form builder/database functionality but it can be used for many other things. Eventually I might build a mobile app with it.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Initially they didn't have many videos but they have fixed that and their support is quite good.

Missing Key Question Types

I am mainly looking for survey software that does not require I maintain my own web infrastructure.

Pros

This software is fairly easy to use since it is a cloud service, but read my comments below for areas that can be improved on. The price was noticeably less than another solution I looked at for similar functionality. The templates can help your forms avoid looking like they are trapped in the 1990s.

Cons

I wanted to create a ranking question, but the closest I could find was the matrix table where it is up to the user to follow instructions and only assign a given rank once. I also had an issue with a user being unable to complete a basic survey so this software may be more troubling once I really get to know it. I would also rather have a plus sign after each section to allow adding additional sections as well as making it easier to reorder fields (perhaps a number entry box or up/down arrows rather than dragging?).

Excellent form builder, packed with useful features

I am happy with the software, I like the flexibility to be able to insert it anywhere and the large number of options it offers and it continues to grow. The support team is very responsive and they help you a lot with questions. It seems to me that it can become a pretty solid option for creating forms in a very short time. I think I will use it more and more over other options.

Pros

It has many very useful options when creating forms: - What I like the most is the large number of templates it has, they help you a lot to work faster and at times when you are not sure what fields you should add to your form. - It has a plugin for wordpress, but it also has options to share with a link, or embed in any type of site. - The editor is has the option of drag and drop, which makes it...

Cons

I like it and it has a lot of potential, but it seems to me that it needs to polish some issues, however it seems to me that they are on the right track. What can be improved: - More options to customize the fields - Sometimes it takes too long to load the form, this should definitely improve. - That allows you to have custom domains (I know it's on your roadmap) - It has options for quizzes, but for my requirements, I need the one that can put time to each question - It lacks multilanguage options in the interface (also in the roadmap).

Easy To Use With Great Customer Service

So far it has been great. I emailed some questions on a Friday evening after signing up and woke up the next morning with answers in my inbox.

Pros

It is easy and intuitive. This is a full-featured form software that is easy to understand and implement. I have quite a few forms on my website on both the front end and back end and it was a quick and easy set-up.

Cons

Just one. I would like a conditional redirect that occurs "on select" instead of waiting for the form to submit. But this is a young company with a great roadmap, so I expect to see that sooner than later.

Strong Jotform alternative

Its been great, nothing that Jotform can do that this cannot. So we basically cancelled Jotform subscription

Pros

Great potential as a form builder. It has more features out of the gate than many other alternatives. And Version 3.0 looks to encroach upon the no-code app space, very ambitious team.

Cons

A tad too colorful and cartoonish for my liking.

What a great offering!

Pros

I love the clean UX of the experience (a huge upgrade over Google Forms), and the array of powerful features. Even just using a few of them makes for a fantastic value! You can launch a new website (Custom URL) with each form you set up? That's amazing.

Cons

I would like a better workspace UX, as it's not clear to me how that works, is configured, or is different than folders. I just might have more to learn.

Great quality rich forms

4.5/5 great software, will be using it for years to come.

Pros

You can create beautiful forms for multiple purposes and use cases.

Cons

I don't like how hard it is to do make appointments through the form. If formaloo could include that in a friendly way that would make it perfect.

An Easy-to-Use Customer Engagement Platform

Pros

I like the idea of being able to engage with customers easily. I can create a form on the web or mobile app and send it out. Then I can track responses and learn more about my customers. The forms have a beautiful aesthetic.

Cons

It took me a long time to make a quiz. It is time-consuming but overall worth the time. Also, it has the ability to send out contracts with signatures, which is fantastic and look amazing, but on the other hand, may not be legally binding. If this is a concern for you, reach out to support for clarification as this may have changed by the time you read this.

Impressive, affordable Type**** killer.

We use Formaloo for event registrations, internship applications, guest interview questionnaires, awards applications, course registration documentation verification, and customer support.

Pros

Ease of use, folders for projects, as easy to use for forms as Canv* is for image editing. Coming from Type**** the transition was extremely easy. The functionality is basically the same, but the forms are much easier to create in Formaloo, especially any forms that require advanced logic or payment, which are a pain to do in the other system. Formaloo makes them really easy.

Cons

Account dashboard could use some cleaning up but it's not bad. All the form functionality is where I expect it and there is nothing missing in terms of creating forms.

Brilliant tool that I have been highly recommending!

With Formaloo, I now have an easy to use too to ticks pretty much all the boxes. The team are so nice to chat with and are always happy to help if I have any questions. It's also great to see that their roadmap is lead by us, their community! (I'm rooting for progressive forms atm, go upvote it 😉). The styling is really easy too as is the integrations that I need such as Mailerlite.

Pros

Before I purchased Formaloo (and got some of my clients to also), I was struggling to find an affordable surveying tool with simple navigation that could also provide the features I needed. It was so frustrating building out a a large questionnaire to get to the end and realise that it was going to cost £66 a month, or that embedding it looked terrible on my websites popup, along with other things.

Cons

A few basic things are missing like a couple of styling options, but its a new tool and they are adding these in very soon to make it even better.

Easy to Set Up and Budget Friendly Form Solution

Quick and easy to set up. I was thrilled that in under an hour of logging into Formaloo for the first time I had a professional, working form to deploy.

Pros

I opened up Formaloo for the first time and within an hour had a very polished form ready to launch. I love how easy it is to set up. I was able to heavily customize the form, ensuring it has my brand's look and feel. The logic of showing or not showing a field based on an earlier answer works like a charm. This had been deployed and already collecting responses.

Cons

The top thing I would like to see Formaloo add is the ability to select exactly which types of forms a submitter can upload. Right now you can submit any, text or image. However you can't limit your choices further, for example under text someone can submit a PowerPoint presentation. When I asked Formaloo support about this I was informed it's on the roadmap.

Feature packed and easy to use form builder

Pros

The form templates provided are pretty easy to reuse and optimizable for the preferred use cases. I like that there is an option to customize the form url with cname. The UI is easy to use, I was able to get started with making forms easily when I first started using it. I have got stripe payments via the form, it generates an order id for payment. You can customize in setting to send notification mail or not and can choose mail where you will receive responses. The look and feel of the forms are pretty modern and if you use the tool well you can create very impressive and beautiful forms. I like that they provide different options on how you can embed the form on your website.

Cons

There are many editing options but I observed that on average if a form is big and has many data options/questions it loads slow, like over 5 seconds sometimes. I really hope they resolve this asap. Adding a high definition background image for a form is possible but it makes your form load time very slow. As a suggestion, I hope they add a share form link as a shortcut button under the form dashboard where all forms are listed.

A robust form, survey and quiz-building solution

Pros

Formaloo comes with so many powerful features that makes this one of the best alternative for those other, more known software of its kind. My personal favorite and the reason for choosing Formaloo is the survey and quiz features that it offers. I've been looking for something that has logic built in and that can help me create customer surveys and quizzes for lead gen. I do a lot of surveys and...

Cons

The one thing I'd love to see is a more uncluttered interface when I'm putting together a survey and a more user-friendly UI/UX as a user. Sometimes having too many options for formatting text in certain fields feels a bit too cluttered. But I know the team is working hard on this and so many other additions and improvements so I'm eager to see how Formaloo evolves over time.

a great investment and a star in the making

Pros

The UI is quite slick and snappy. It supports many types of form fields and can accomadate certain logics of Hiding and Showing a field. One of the main missing features is conditional email notifications and email notifications to multiple id's on form submission which are shown as coming soon in their roadmap. Their roadmap definately shows exciting features which will quickly bring the service at par with industry leaders. The value for money right now is phenomenal. I would recommend jumping at this opportunity immediately.

Cons

One of the main missing features is conditional email notifications and email notifications to multiple id's on form submission which are shown as coming soon in their roadmap. 1) A field which is missed is location (using GPS) on Map. 2) The score field is not customizable i.e. cannot define the starting and ending number 3) upload file field has an option of any one of 'image', 'document' and 'unrestricted'....

A Great Place to Create and Manage Your Forms

Pros

I really liked how easy-to-use. It's UI/UX is very user friendly and I was able to explain its features to our teammates easily.

Cons

I think sometimes some features need more explanation but I'm sure they're working on this feature due to their roadmap.

Fast to deploy, many layers of possibilities

Pros

The templates Formaloo currently offers are educative and usable. With just a few changes the form looks tailor-made for your brand intent. The ability to send data to sheets or even to other forms makes Formaloo useful for customized experiences, such as self-service orders or content recommendations flows.

Cons

They need more options for currency and payment gateways. There was a minor issue with date fields, but the team is working on it.

It is Resourceful

It feels well thought out and quite ambitious as it tries to provide tons of templates for diverse industry use cases, multiple deployment possibilities and extensive customizations including custmizing URL slug, domain name, logos and other such branding features. It is also the first forms/survey builder whose logic / conditions I found easy to use. This is because it offers a flowchart visualization of the survey which I haven't found in solutions I have used in the past. Its advance logic is easy to setup. I presume it will compete fairly with some of the solutions that have existed longer.

Pros

My biggest satisfaction with Formaloo is that I can use it as a workbook for trainees, because respondents can receive a copy of their response via email. This wasn't available in a previous solution I used. I also like the vast collection of templates.

Cons

The UI looks quite barebones and unfinished, which can cost Formaloo business because new users may interpret that as the solution being an immature one. I tried it out first time because I trusted the community that recommended it, else I might have underrated it. I am very happy with it though, so I hope they polish the UI soon enough to not lose them prospective customers.

Perfect Forms Solution

Easy to use and feature-rich! My favorite form builder!

Pros

Very easy to use and the logic setup is quick compared to other form builders.

Cons

While I haven't found any true flaws a wider range of templates would be nice.

Fortunate to Have This

Support has been excellent, and the ease of deployment has made this purchase a very good one. I'm looking forward to seeing how many things I can use Formaloo for that I haven't been able to do (or do well) before!

Pros

Formaloo is exceptionally easy to deploy, with hardly any need for tutorials. I love how beautiful, versatile, and varied their templates are. I also love that they're integrated with payment processors and allow users to sell physical and digital items, as well as event tickets.

Cons

The one thing that's missing for me is direct autoresponder integrations. For such a powerful tool, that was and is a surprise. I don't care for Zapier, although I've found a way to use my free Zapier plan with Formaloo's Google Sheets integration so that I can automate a mind-numbing task I have to perform on a monthly basis. I hope direct email integrations with the major autoresponders come out soon.

This is gold! I did not realize how much I needed it until I got it

I have many other tools to create forms online. I liked this one for the possibility to create online polls showing the results to voters in real time. I included those forms in the process of launching new products, both to gather feedback and engagement. And now I use several kinds of forms on a regular basis.

Pros

Create forms and polls that are nice, minimalist and responsive in less than 5 minutes. That helps to engage and convert potential customers of the mailing list. Or just to gather important information about the level of engagement, their opinions on how to make your product fit.

Cons

I feel that it is pretty new, and some aspects of UI still need to be more polished, even when all the functions I need are already operative.

Really Great Product For Many Uses

Overall, it was good. I plan to use more with my real estate business to help may filling out questionnaires easier for my clients.

Pros

I like the templates and the ease of use. I used it first for a 3-part ministry event and It has worked very well. It also saved me a lot of time in making sure materials went to the correct registrants.

Cons

I duplicated one of the forms I already made and used. Formaloo also duplicated the responses and all of the data, which was a pain because I changed some of the form questions. It would be good to give an option of duplicating "just the form" or "the form and its responses/contents". This was my first time using this feature so now I know it's best to duplicate a form I already made before I sent it to my audience, so that there are no responses. I am not sure if Formaloo integrates with Sendfox or TidyCal (calendar) yet. If so, that is a plus.

Great form builder with tons of features

I love the Formaloo platform! It's so easy to use and I was able to build my custom business application without any coding required. The support team is also super helpful and they were able to help me with any questions I had. Highly recommend this platform!

Pros

With Formaloo, you can make your own surveys, quizzes, polls, and more! There are different templates for all types of projects such as HR questionnaires or customer satisfaction surveys. You can also export your results in a spreadsheet format which makes it easier to analyze them with other programs like Excel or GSheet.

Cons

Need integration with Pabbly. The only negative is that though the logic builder has a nice flow chart to help you manage your logic, it doesn't have advanced logic such as skip or block logic. This type of logic is usually only needed for more sophisticated flows so this isn't a show stopper.The only negative is that though the logic builder has a nice flow chart to help you manage your logic, it doesn't have advanced logic such as skip or block logic. This type of logic is usually only needed for more sophisticated flows so this isn't a show stopper.

What I have been looking for

Great option! I have been looking for a solution like this for my websites and now it can also serve my company in other ways I didn’t realize possible. Fast turnaround on support as well.

Pros

- The ability to embed forms on any site - unlimited amount of forms - the ability to use for client sites and have their submissions emailed to them as they allow for different emails for each address - great UI and drag and drop builder - the free version is pretty powerful and allows you to test its validity before buying - demo with team was helpful in answering my advanced questions - simple interface - presentation mode seems to offer some great insight abilities for the future

Cons

- lack of ability to change fonts and have more design capabilities within the forms, but I am told this will change in the near future.