SmartSurvey Reviews

SmartSurvey

Online survey & questionnaire tool

SmartSurvey

Review Summary

Pros

We used this for a rapidly implemented survey. It was excellent - easy to set up, and the analytics in the Professional option are really very good and allowed for frequent non-expert review.

Jennifer F.

Very Accessible visually and the navigation and editing functions are really user friendly. The team at SmartSurvey were really helpful, approachable and importantly can be contacted with ease.

Andrew R.

Easy to use, great functionality and adding new features all the time. Multi-language support is great and the servers are in the UK so Safe Harbour isn't an issue.

Jackie R.

Cons

It took me a but to figure it out. That might be a user error on my part, nothing wrong with the software.

Teddy G.

Annabel B.

User Interface could be more streamlined from designers side. Loading Problems on survey-taker side.

Kayla S.

4.6

The best choice for non-profit organisations

It's the best way to find out what your audience really thinks. They could be members, residents, users or colleagues. Conducting an anonymouse survey of them with Smart Survey encourgaes them to give you honest opinions and that helps you work out your priorities and strategies moving forward.

Pros

Smart Survey is very easy to use for non-professionals. Sometimes small, non-profit organisations need to do some market research but don't have the professional expertise or resources to outsource it. Smart Survey is a really good choice for them, because it has all the essential features and functionality needed for a professional survey and is easy to learn and implement. Above all it looks professional and has an authoritative sounding name so that when you publish the survey online it looks good. That helps people to respond.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about it.

Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased to hear you are enjoying using SmartSurvey! If there is anything you need, please feel free to get in touch with the support or sales team they will be happy to help. Kind regards, Neil

Customized Surveys for Healthcare

Pros

It's easy to create customized surveys, including scorings that are necessary for healthcare usage.

Cons

The overview about the different pricing options is confusing and should get a rework. On the other side customer support was helping a lot.

SmartSurvey does not meet design requirements.

Pros

SmartSurvey is a platform that does have very good functions to be considered one of the best in the market of surveys, however, it should be stressed that this platform is very good to maintain opinions with a better status.

Cons

SmartSurvey does not fulfill what it promises, because when you go to the registration page, the design is very nice, but when you finish the registration, they send you to a page where nothing that was previously seen is like that, since they give a design horrible with colors that do not attract attention.

Good customer experience

very useful for global or in house company surveys

Pros

Happy with the ease of use of this product, the underlying software is flexible and makes production of useful reports fairly easy.

Cons

Would prefer more options around free text reporting. The new pricing structure is a little more confusing and my costs went up upon migration from the legacy account.

Hi Annabel, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is much appreciated. Kind regards, Neil

Very easy to use survey and a very good customer service!

I run a survey every year to ask residents to carry out a bird box survey in several developments. Smart survey has been a very good platform to do this.

Pros

I have used this software to organise a bird box survey for the last two years. The best feature is the easy of use, you do not need a lot of time to get acquainted with the features. Also, it is a British software- I like to go local when choosing apps etc.

Cons

I guess every time I want to set the ending time, I have to ask google. Maybe make that more obvious? But that is just me as I used it only for 4 months every year, so from year to year, I forget!

Hi Thais, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoy using SmartSurvey. I will pass your feedback on to our product manager. Kind regards, Neil

Andy's review

Good experience, I like it.

Pros

Easy to get to grips with and understand the layout, good auto save and session resume abilities.

Cons

the over design function feels rather old fashioned in comparison to others, its seems to have some basic function when editing the question titles for example.

Hi Andy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I have passed your feedback on to our product manager. We have the survey design tool in the product roadmap, and we hope to start work on an updated version later in the year. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with support who will be happy to assist you. Many thanks, Neil

Used it for research project

I credit smart survey with the success of my data collection. Would have been very difficult without it.

Pros

The ease with which one can create a questionnaire and disseminate it was a huge load off my shoulders. I have no experience in building website and not very savvy when it comes to formatting and the ease with which you can navigate through the templates was great!

Cons

Honestly, for my purposes it was perfect. nothing was difficult to understand or deploy.

Hi Shant, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its very pleasing to hear you enjoyed using SmartSurvey and you found the platform easy to use. Kind regards, Neil

SmartSurvey, smart choice

It did exactly what we wanted it to do at a reasonable price. We even got a discount as a not-for-profit.

Pros

Easy to use, versatile, flexible and provision of useful and easily worked with statistics/data

Cons

Sometimes it was a little difficult to find some settings.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Ashwyn, your feedback is much appreciated :) Kind regards, Neil

Great software

Very satisfied. Would highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use with lot of analytical features Cant save multiple views and cut data any way you want

Cons

Chart function is limited Vest to export to excel

Hi Danny, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review it's much appreciated. With regards to your feedback on charts, we have a whole new results and charts section currently in development so you should see a significant upgrade to that part of the platform in the next couple of months. A couple of highlights are: A new cleaner UI Being able to filter, save and share views Select different types of charts and customise them too. Many thanks, Neil

Creating a questionnaire

Pros

Once you had navigated through the web page the software was easy to use. There were the options of using question templates but you could also make your own. The graphical diagrams of the results enhanced the content of my dissertation.

Cons

It took a couple of attempts to navigate the website to create the questionnaire. To create diagrams, charts etc you are required to upgrade to get this facility.

Hi Andrew, Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is much appreciated! Kind regards, Neil

Quick to start, good support, but it can also take some time to figure out all the details

Pros

I've been using SmartSurvey for social science research for about 6 weeks now, and agreed to write a brief review and first impressions of the product and my experience using it in return for a not-for-profit discount on the product. I'm using the service to conduct open-ended social scientific questionnaires about how online communities help people care for those with chronic health conditions, and...

Cons

One example of the tool's behavior that takes some getting used to so this is not so much a con as a part of the tool that is a bit more complex and takes more time to learn is the anonymous response function. This function hides respondent IP and geographic information from responses when activated. However, if it is off, and then someone responds, and you then turn it on, the system seems to continue...

Fantastic! Exactly what we need to be able to collate information effectively.

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the programme. I am creating the surveys on behalf of Local Authority Building Standards Scotland. We are currently looking at our membership and require to see if we are currently meeting their needs and where we need to improve. Smart survey as a tool to be able to collate this information is fantastic and the fact that it produces the tables and diagrams for you...

Cons

There are some questions that need to be adapted but on discussion I was told there are ongoing developments (matrix questions in multiple answers currently all fields require to be completed even if the response is zero - a default of zero if not completed would be perfect)

Extremely easy to use questionnaire software, suitable for both small and large organisations

Affordable, flexible questionnaire design, administration and management

Pros

It is very easy to set up a questionnaire, and there is a very good range of question types and answers. Images and video can be embedded in a question, broadening the design. The design-test-redesign cycle is well implemented. The whole questionnaire can be easily branded to give a unique look. Deployment is simple, and with multiple versions easily set up. Usefully for a forum, it is possible to...

Fantastic survey software

Fantastic. I think they called me once to check it was all okay, but that was literally a question as to whether there was anything they could do. The rest of the time, the site worked perfectly, downloads of the data were simple. Bottom line is it worked as they said it would and you cant ask for more than that.

Pros

So simple to set up the questionnaires Easy for participants to access (multiple ways to access the site- QR codes, weblinks etc) Brilliant behind the scenes options- things like being able to annonomise respondents by removing IP addresses was a huge benefit for my study and meant i was able to make sure i didnt breach any GDPR requirements

Cons

There is nothing about this that i feel is a con.

A very good system for NPS

We can now see our customers responses instantly and this help the business to identify trends quickly. Dependent on what package you have the option to change/add to your surveys without having to go via the support team is very beneficial. The sales team did not try and over sell and didn't put any pressure on us to make a decision if we wanted to buy.

Pros

The system is easy to use and we could quickly navigate around it to create and update our surveys. The staff are always polite and helpful and the response to queries raised are answered very quickly.

Cons

The help guides are good but a few questions we have had are not covered which means a call or ticket being raised. Not easy to add more than one logo onto the survey (co-branding) and instruction from help line was just trial and error.

Satisfactory surveys with verified information

Pros

This is the only survey which verifies the demographic information of the attendee of a survey that is created thus making it more legitimate.

Cons

Because it is free it is also used by fraudsters creating scams, we advise them to make it more secured.

Easy to use product, with great customer service

High quality surveys are straightforward to put together and send to a large number of people.

Pros

We are using SmartSurvey to gather views from both our employees and our customers. We have set up a few surveys now, collecting responses in the form of free text boxes, radio buttons and drop downs. The dashboard is easy to navigate. It is helpful to have the option to use pre-programmed questions and our own corporate template. The response formats are professional and the skip logic is easy to implement. There are comprehensive online guides for each stage of creating and using the survey. Where we needed additional help, the customer service was prompt.

Cons

It doesn't seem possible to customise the formatting of text within a question (italic, bold, paragraphs etc.); this would be a useful tool.

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your feedback. Re your query about customising the formatting of text within a question - when you go into edit a question, there is an 'enable editor' button in the bottom right hand corner that turns on all the standard formatting features, such as bolding and italicising etc. Hope that helps.

SmartSurvey is very easy to use and we use it regularly

I write lots of stories for our Alumni Community. I use SmartSurvey to set up typical Q&A for people to fill out so rather than emailing people the questions every time I simply direct them to the Smart Survey URL (which you can customise).

Pros

Ease of use - you can set up surveys quickly and easily and also view results in anyway you prefer.

Cons

I have yet to find anything I don't like.

Have filled out survey's using this app/software. Easy to navigate and fill out.

Giving information I thought was important to the organization asking for the input.

Pros

It was easy to navigate as a user. I don't have any experience at the other end of those seeking information.

Cons

I did not have any cons as a user. Screen was a good size, easy to read and easy to flip through pages. Length was determined by those seeking information and sometimes this was long.

Straightforward online survey system with great customer support

Ease of use, competitive price, helpful customer support, ease of reporting and ability to develop surveys that are unique and tailored to our requirements.

Pros

When initially looking at options for an online survey tool, SmartSurvey offered by far the best service for a competitive price. When enquiring about the service the customer service answered all of our questions and we signed up with multiple accounts. Many people have accessed SmartSurvey and no one has had any difficulties in creating surveys or analyising them. The ease of use and expert customer support is great service.

Cons

Having used SmartSurvey for a number of years now we have not had any issue or found anything we 'least' like.

Excellent customer service, brilliant survey tool and great value

Huge increased ability to canvass our existing client base, plus the potential to canvass a wider group. We can use this software for course/service/event feedback, to assess the demand for future courses/services, to understand how schools manage certain functions with a view to best-practice sharing opportunities. Surveys are far quicker for school personnel to complete than lengthy responses to emails or opening and completing email attachments. As such response rates have been vastly improved.

Pros

Customer service - quicker, more cohesive and proactive than other survey vendors we approached. The system is extremely easy to navigate and the option to use/view pre-populated questions was very useful. Data Output - the responses are very easy to read and quantify, meaning both at a glance and indepth analysis can be performed very quickly.

Cons

I'd perhaps like there to be more options for the background choices on the Pro version - as its designed for professional users I felt it would benefit from a greater range of choices. This was a minor complaint though !

Excellent for student research

Very positive

Pros

It has all the features necessary for academic research and it is flexible with its plans. This is especially important for students and individual academic researchers. Ans it's very easy to use and it gives a professional appearance to the survey.

Cons

I had no issues, except for not knowing how the program classified complete and incomplete surveys, so I had to write and the following morning I had the answer to my question.

A great experience in setting up the account with SmartSurvey. Team are very friendly and can be con

Pros

Cons

Getting used to the system still and wanting to get more creative so need to understand how some of the functionality contributes to the overall impact of surveys. Would like to have option to download data directly in to powerpoint. To be honest this is really picky because you have to highlight cons on the review, but to be honest don't have any grumbles at all!

Really intuitive to use and great customer support

Easy to use despite loads of features - offers great value for money compared to other tools and has first class support.

Cons

Easy to use even for beginners

the ease of creating surveys quickly and the ability to create and collect results very quickly which was convenient for me

Pros

i came across this site when doing my dissertation when i was weighing up my options on which platform to use, with this one i found that like some of the others it was one which is very simple and easy to use and gave the user a lot of control over the layout of the service and the format of the questions that can be asked and even as a beginner knew to this i was able to glide through the navigation and have a good play around with all of its features and found it was pretty easy to create services gather results and even export and downloa the results in different formats

Cons

sometimes you would like to format text of the questions for example if i wanted to bold something that was important for some reason i had a problem doing this and had to just leave it out but it just didnt work