SmartSurvey Reviews

4.7

How would you rate SmartSurvey?

Pros

I cannot praise this product enough, the simplicity, the detailed and complex features and options and the finished product, absolutely fantastic.

EW

Elaine W.

EW

Elaine W.

We used this for a rapidly implemented survey. It was excellent - easy to set up, and the analytics in the Professional option are really very good and allowed for frequent non-expert review.

JF

Jennifer F.

Cons

To do one particular function it used to prompt me to upgrade my membership which in my view proved costly for me.

AM

Able M.

It took me a but to figure it out. That might be a user error on my part, nothing wrong with the software.

TG

Teddy G.

Maybe make that more obvious. But that is just me as I used it only for 4 months every year, so from year to year, I forget.

TM

Thais M.

Customized Surveys for Healthcare

Pros

It's easy to create customized surveys, including scorings that are necessary for healthcare usage.

Cons

The overview about the different pricing options is confusing and should get a rework. On the other side customer support was helping a lot.

The best choice for non-profit organisations

It's the best way to find out what your audience really thinks. They could be members, residents, users or colleagues. Conducting an anonymouse survey of them with Smart Survey encourgaes them to give you honest opinions and that helps you work out your priorities and strategies moving forward.

Pros

Smart Survey is very easy to use for non-professionals. Sometimes small, non-profit organisations need to do some market research but don't have the professional expertise or resources to outsource it. Smart Survey is a really good choice for them, because it has all the essential features and functionality needed for a professional survey and is easy to learn and implement. Above all it looks professional and has an authoritative sounding name so that when you publish the survey online it looks good. That helps people to respond.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about it.

Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased to hear you are enjoying using SmartSurvey! If there is anything you need, please feel free to get in touch with the support or sales team they will be happy to help. Kind regards, Neil

SmartSurvey does not meet design requirements.

Pros

SmartSurvey is a platform that does have very good functions to be considered one of the best in the market of surveys, however, it should be stressed that this platform is very good to maintain opinions with a better status.

Cons

SmartSurvey does not fulfill what it promises, because when you go to the registration page, the design is very nice, but when you finish the registration, they send you to a page where nothing that was previously seen is like that, since they give a design horrible with colors that do not attract attention.

SmartSurvey - the Smart Choice!

Excellent experience - I'd recommend this to anyone!

Pros

Easy to use, with helpful support available. Many templates, example questions and question types with the ability to write your own surveys with your own images and logos.

Cons

There could be more exported data types, and more options within the analysis reports.

Good customer experience

very useful for global or in house company surveys

Pros

Happy with the ease of use of this product, the underlying software is flexible and makes production of useful reports fairly easy.

Cons

Would prefer more options around free text reporting. The new pricing structure is a little more confusing and my costs went up upon migration from the legacy account.

Hi Annabel, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is much appreciated. Kind regards, Neil

One of the best customer support out there

Pros

Easy to use, simple to implement, straight to the point, reasonably priced.

Cons

Some of the respondents were not from the relevant field as requested. Some did not provide relevant answers to the questions. There is a little bit of cleaning needed in SmartSurvey's database to address the former; as far as the latter goes this is not something that they can really control, so I won't take any points away for that.

Thank you for your review, the positive feedback is much appreciated! Kind regards, Neil

Easy Survey to run

Pros

The survey was easy to use and the results were easy to analyse

Cons

There is nothing I can say which I didn't like. It was just what I wanted

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased you have enjoyed using SmartSurvey and great to hear our Sales and Support teams were on hand to help you both before and after purchase. Many thanks, Neil

SmartSurvey is very easy to use and we use it regularly

I write lots of stories for our Alumni Community. I use SmartSurvey to set up typical Q&A for people to fill out so rather than emailing people the questions every time I simply direct them to the Smart Survey URL (which you can customise).

Pros

Ease of use - you can set up surveys quickly and easily and also view results in anyway you prefer.

Cons

I have yet to find anything I don't like.

Excellent for student research

Very positive

Pros

It has all the features necessary for academic research and it is flexible with its plans. This is especially important for students and individual academic researchers. Ans it's very easy to use and it gives a professional appearance to the survey.

Cons

I had no issues, except for not knowing how the program classified complete and incomplete surveys, so I had to write and the following morning I had the answer to my question.

All in one platform for Surveys

Customer feedback on products.

Pros

Simple yet great application with exceptional ease of use and cost friendly. Results are available as soon as the survey is complete. User Interface is amazing and a piece of art. Customization in picking up the pattern is the best feature, you can customize your survey as per need, could be a ranking based survey or question answer based, or can get simple feedback. There are multiple themes available which lessen the work load. It is an amazing software.

Cons

Nothing much to add here, it meets all the needs.

Quick to start, good support, but it can also take some time to figure out all the details

Pros

I've been using SmartSurvey for social science research for about 6 weeks now, and agreed to write a brief review and first impressions of the product and my experience using it in return for a not-for-profit discount on the product. I'm using the service to conduct open-ended social scientific questionnaires about how online communities help people care for those with chronic health conditions, and...

Cons

One example of the tool's behavior that takes some getting used to so this is not so much a con as a part of the tool that is a bit more complex and takes more time to learn is the anonymous response function. This function hides respondent IP and geographic information from responses when activated. However, if it is off, and then someone responds, and you then turn it on, the system seems to continue...

Basic Account Is Perfect For The Small Non Profit

I user the software to collect data for a book club. It's absolutely perfect. The users have responded very well. The reporting features ate very comprehensive. I love how I can choose the option to receive an email each time someone responds.

Pros

Because I am an occasional user, I am very happy to have the option of a free basic account, with the option to upgrade for enhanced features should I ever need to. It's the perfect way to try out the software and whilst there are restrictions on the features, numbers of questions and the number of surveys that can be sent, for the occasional user with less than 100 responders per month, it's absolutely perfect. The software is very feature rich even at the basic level, and were I a company I would not have any qualms about paying to use the advanced features. It's very user friendly and easy to use even for the beginner

Cons

It would be great to have the option to renumber or re-order survey responses, or to print a summary. At present I don't have the budget to upgrade to acquire these type of features as they are "nice to have" rather than essential, but it's certainly something I would consider.

Fantastic! Exactly what we need to be able to collate information effectively.

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the programme. I am creating the surveys on behalf of Local Authority Building Standards Scotland. We are currently looking at our membership and require to see if we are currently meeting their needs and where we need to improve. Smart survey as a tool to be able to collate this information is fantastic and the fact that it produces the tables and diagrams for you...

Cons

There are some questions that need to be adapted but on discussion I was told there are ongoing developments (matrix questions in multiple answers currently all fields require to be completed even if the response is zero - a default of zero if not completed would be perfect)

HR & Quality Manager

We have been able to use the product to collect feedback from external users, communicate and consult with our own workforce, data capture for reporting and beyond. Functionality for creating surveys and reporting exceeds our requirements.

Pros

Easy to set up variety of surveys depending on your output requirements. Excellent reporting functionality.

Cons

We haven't experienced any issues with the product.

Very easy to use survey and a very good customer service!

I run a survey every year to ask residents to carry out a bird box survey in several developments. Smart survey has been a very good platform to do this.

Pros

I have used this software to organise a bird box survey for the last two years. The best feature is the easy of use, you do not need a lot of time to get acquainted with the features. Also, it is a British software- I like to go local when choosing apps etc.

Cons

I guess every time I want to set the ending time, I have to ask google. Maybe make that more obvious? But that is just me as I used it only for 4 months every year, so from year to year, I forget!

Hi Thais, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you enjoy using SmartSurvey. I will pass your feedback on to our product manager. Kind regards, Neil

Extremely easy to use questionnaire software, suitable for both small and large organisations

Affordable, flexible questionnaire design, administration and management

Pros

It is very easy to set up a questionnaire, and there is a very good range of question types and answers. Images and video can be embedded in a question, broadening the design. The design-test-redesign cycle is well implemented. The whole questionnaire can be easily branded to give a unique look. Deployment is simple, and with multiple versions easily set up. Usefully for a forum, it is possible to...

Fantastic survey software

Fantastic. I think they called me once to check it was all okay, but that was literally a question as to whether there was anything they could do. The rest of the time, the site worked perfectly, downloads of the data were simple. Bottom line is it worked as they said it would and you cant ask for more than that.

Pros

So simple to set up the questionnaires Easy for participants to access (multiple ways to access the site- QR codes, weblinks etc) Brilliant behind the scenes options- things like being able to annonomise respondents by removing IP addresses was a huge benefit for my study and meant i was able to make sure i didnt breach any GDPR requirements

Cons

There is nothing about this that i feel is a con.

Absolutely fantastic product

I highly recommend this product, the software itself is great, easy to use and gives a great survey experience. The customer service team have been absolutely great, responsive, helpful and more than happy to assist in any way they can. Well done Smart Survey! I have widely shared within our Trust what a great product this is.

Pros

Cons

I honestly can't really fault this system, the only thing I would say is that 7 days may just be a little short for the trial - 14 days would be better.

A very good system for NPS

We can now see our customers responses instantly and this help the business to identify trends quickly. Dependent on what package you have the option to change/add to your surveys without having to go via the support team is very beneficial. The sales team did not try and over sell and didn't put any pressure on us to make a decision if we wanted to buy.

Pros

The system is easy to use and we could quickly navigate around it to create and update our surveys. The staff are always polite and helpful and the response to queries raised are answered very quickly.

Cons

The help guides are good but a few questions we have had are not covered which means a call or ticket being raised. Not easy to add more than one logo onto the survey (co-branding) and instruction from help line was just trial and error.

Satisfactory surveys with verified information

Pros

This is the only survey which verifies the demographic information of the attendee of a survey that is created thus making it more legitimate.

Cons

Because it is free it is also used by fraudsters creating scams, we advise them to make it more secured.

Andy's review

Good experience, I like it.

Pros

Easy to get to grips with and understand the layout, good auto save and session resume abilities.

Cons

the over design function feels rather old fashioned in comparison to others, its seems to have some basic function when editing the question titles for example.

Hi Andy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I have passed your feedback on to our product manager. We have the survey design tool in the product roadmap, and we hope to start work on an updated version later in the year. In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with support who will be happy to assist you. Many thanks, Neil

Easy to use product, with great customer service

High quality surveys are straightforward to put together and send to a large number of people.

Pros

We are using SmartSurvey to gather views from both our employees and our customers. We have set up a few surveys now, collecting responses in the form of free text boxes, radio buttons and drop downs. The dashboard is easy to navigate. It is helpful to have the option to use pre-programmed questions and our own corporate template. The response formats are professional and the skip logic is easy to implement. There are comprehensive online guides for each stage of creating and using the survey. Where we needed additional help, the customer service was prompt.

Cons

It doesn't seem possible to customise the formatting of text within a question (italic, bold, paragraphs etc.); this would be a useful tool.

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your feedback. Re your query about customising the formatting of text within a question - when you go into edit a question, there is an 'enable editor' button in the bottom right hand corner that turns on all the standard formatting features, such as bolding and italicising etc. Hope that helps.

Have filled out survey's using this app/software. Easy to navigate and fill out.

Giving information I thought was important to the organization asking for the input.

Pros

It was easy to navigate as a user. I don't have any experience at the other end of those seeking information.

Cons

I did not have any cons as a user. Screen was a good size, easy to read and easy to flip through pages. Length was determined by those seeking information and sometimes this was long.

Straightforward online survey system with great customer support

Ease of use, competitive price, helpful customer support, ease of reporting and ability to develop surveys that are unique and tailored to our requirements.

Pros

When initially looking at options for an online survey tool, SmartSurvey offered by far the best service for a competitive price. When enquiring about the service the customer service answered all of our questions and we signed up with multiple accounts. Many people have accessed SmartSurvey and no one has had any difficulties in creating surveys or analyising them. The ease of use and expert customer support is great service.

Cons

Having used SmartSurvey for a number of years now we have not had any issue or found anything we 'least' like.

Used it for research project

I credit smart survey with the success of my data collection. Would have been very difficult without it.

Pros

The ease with which one can create a questionnaire and disseminate it was a huge load off my shoulders. I have no experience in building website and not very savvy when it comes to formatting and the ease with which you can navigate through the templates was great!

Cons

Honestly, for my purposes it was perfect. nothing was difficult to understand or deploy.

Hi Shant, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its very pleasing to hear you enjoyed using SmartSurvey and you found the platform easy to use. Kind regards, Neil