All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Academy Of Mine Reviews

Daylin M.

Read the full review
My overall experience has been just great with AOM. I've been able to resolve some concerns I had about changes in pricing and AOM has repeatedly demonstrated excellent support.

Shantala S.

Read the full review
Excellent customization capacities - including of both front-end and back-end. Outstanding support - both during the build process and post.

Mike K.

Read the full review

Cons

Initially , I was given very few video guides to illustrate how to work with the platform. That caused problems and forced me to contact support again and again.

Akhilesh K.

Daylin M.

Dr Deborah M V.

4.9

Satisfied all my needs , even obscure ones :) !!

My Overall experience can be summarised in the following points : 1) Support is very great and responsive . 2) Front end of site is unique and everyone can plan their own look and feel of site . 3) Hosting authoring tool content gives me scope for immense creativity in my courses. 4) Unlimited students at no extra fee does not give me any variable subscription fee headache every month . 5) I could use my own payment gateway to accept payments and money is directly transferred to my account immediately unlike many others who transfer money after 1-2 months period . 6) Initially , I had to work hard to customise the site according to my needs as compared to what was offered by other platforms . 7) But overall , once set up , its almost zero headache to maintain the LMS .

Pros

In one word , it is their flexibility and ability to customise each account according to one's needs . My own academy built on academyofmine.com has so many unique features that they custom built for me (and very patiently :) ) according to my demands . There. That's what makes them stand apart. They give you an out of the box solution to start with and then customise it according to your needs . But...

Cons

1) Initially , I was given very few video guides to illustrate how to work with the platform . That caused problems and forced me to contact support again and again . Luckily, the support was very responsive. And I have seen that lately , they have increased the amount of these video illustrations, although I don't need it anymore. 2) Initially , it took me some time to build my LMS . Although they provided support , it was a bit daunting . But guess , a unique site at the end of it made up for it :)

Excellent platform with outstanding tech support at an affordable price

AOM allowed me to create a much more customer-friendly "front-end" website and online course platform so that customers can see an online course, buy the course, and start right away. I was also able to "tweak" things to include our in-person courses, and hybrid courses in addition to just the online courses. And, most importantly, AOM has greatly reduced time spent on the "back-end" managing administrative...

Pros

I like that many things have been seamlessly combined into one more manageable platform with over-the-top-great tech support (which I need and use often). We now house our website, online courses, online store, and email marketing all in one convenient and customer-friendly learning management system.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve to get setup, but they were very clear about that in the beginning AND helped me understand why it was worth investing extra time up front so that in the end we have a site that works and that I know how to customize along the way (with the help of AOM's trusty tech support team when I get lost).

Amazing Customer Service

Overall, my experience with Academy of Mine has been great. If it weren't for the customer service and website implementation team or website would look nothing like it does. We have a lot of great potential for growth and I know the Academy of Mine team will be there to help with any edits or changes we require.

Pros

Academy of Mine's customer service is amazing. There is always someone there to answer your question in a very timely manner. We have utilized them to help with the implementation of our website designs and they are always making suggestions and recommendations and go above and beyond to make sure it is what the customer wants.

Cons

The software is very difficult to use at first. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easier. The key is to label everything on the back-end. The software does tend to take a longer than usual amount of time to load as well which becomes frustrating when making minor edits.

Great product, company and service team!

Overall, it has been an amazing experience! I've been using the program for 5 years now and in that time I have had very few issues. But when I have, I have received excellent service and they have been there for me to help and provide guidance. Even now, during COVID, when I was struggling, they provided help and assistance above and beyond my expectations. Just a great resource for my business.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. The program was very self-explanatory and not difficult to use and when I had questions, there was always an easy way to find answers. The system was easy to work on and make changes to and allowed for updates and changes as needed with ease.

Cons

At first it took some time to learn but once we learned it, no problem. The transfer of the domain took a little time, but again, once setup it was good.

The just-right LMS

As a company, AoM has been really fantastic to work with during our development phase. They were understanding about how slowly the wheels turn in academia, and they genuinely wanted to help us make the right choices during our evaluation of their platform. Their customer service is extremely responsive, and their developers were very helpful when we asked to integrate a new plugin into our installation.

Pros

AoM's platform is easy to set up and use, but even more, it allowed me to get more creative with our content development than I would have been able to accomplish with a more traditional LMS. By combining a solid course player/admin panel/gradebook setup with WYSIWYG page design, H5P interactives and Wordpress frameworks, AoM provides a broad range of features and functions that will work for almost any group's eLearning needs.

Cons

AoM's integration of H5P interactive tools can be great for engaging learners, but their built-in testing tools could use some additional development. For example, the platform's built-in testing tools only support multiple choice, multiple correct, and short answer questions. Also, their assignment functions are excellent, but we could use some additional control over the ways that learners interact with the assignments.

The best LMS all around

We were in a learning management system that was just broken. The provider was actually advertising other courses on the purchase pages for ours. AoM exceeded out needs and jumped on helping move us to their platform. Even when we have had questions or issues, they are quick on helping resolve them.

Pros

AoM has built a learning management system (LMS) around core components that meet our needs as a training provider. Even better as our needs have grown, Academy of Mine has grown to meet them.

Cons

As we began the system has a bunch of things that all work together to build the user experience. While that is one of the benefits as it is powerful, the learning curve was a bit substantial. This was made harder because most of the documentation is videos. My understanding is that AoM is adding text instructions as well.

Excellent partnership and value

Customer service from Academy of Mine has been exceptional. The team (Valentijn in particular) has been quick to respond to our requests for customization, to scope out solutions, and to execute. The responsiveness and flexibility of the AOM team--essentially the service component--have distinguished AOM from every other LMS provider I've contacted and from the vast majority of vendors with whom I've worked.

Pros

The software itself is built on WordPress, so it offers numerous opportunities to customize the appearance and interface for various purposes. In addition, there's an option to support an unlimited number of users, which is appealing for organizations that anticipate a large user base.

Cons

Not all the menus for customization are easy to find or intuitive. In a similar vein, some features that might be standard or more advanced in other platforms are missing or basic in AOM. However, as I mention below, one of the great strengths of AOM's service is that their team will work with clients to customize and develop the product.

Great Learning Management Software system for Post-secondary Schools without the high Cost

Southern Technical Institute is a Post-secondary School with three campuses located in Florida. As Vice President, I highly recommend Academy of Mine for any kind of digital/online training needs. The support team is fast to respond and always seeking solutions. The software continues to evolve to meet the demands of our company. I was a bit apprehensive about signing up originally because I didn't see many post-secondary schools, however, I am so glad that I took the chance. Worth every penny and I have never looked any other LMS software since we signed up. I have been using Academy of Mine nearly 18 months and have only positive feedback to offer. Can't really think of anything negative to say. They always come through for us!!

Pros

Love that we are able to load our own custom text, class content, and quizzes very quickly and easily. Academy of Mine is very simple to manage and pretty much runs on "auto pilot" allowing our staff to handle multiple projects at once. I really like how the curriculum content is automatically included once you do your layout. It's very simple to navigate and manage the student population and student...

Cons

We have come across a few "cons" in regard to the needs of Post-secondary. For example, the students grades are not in an easy print format. We typically have to copy and paste in a Word document to help get them clean and on one or two pages at most. Another con is regarding the "Group or Package" of courses can be a bit different from the individual class options. We are currently working with the support team to address that minor issue. The report system is a bit simple, so we have had to come up with a few ways to help meet those needs. But overall, the "cons" are FAR smaller than the "pros"

Great Online Course Platform

We looked at a lot of platforms before choosing Academy of Mine about a year ago. No platform had all of the features we needed except Academy of Mine. They are great in responding to technical requests the same day. We are very happy choosing them.

Pros

Packed with features, both for building comprehensive courses (course pages, discussion boards, certificates, uploadable and written assignments, quizzes etc.) as well as customization of the course platform and marketing/shopping cart tools. Also the team is consistently adding new features and making improvements. Built on a widely used CMS platoform so you get a huge user community, widgets, security updates etc. Although not as important to me, the ability to build your own webpage or store is a great benefit.

Cons

There is so much to the platform and although customer support is very good with AOM, having more platform education tools, wound make it quicker to fix small stuff without raising a support ticket. Especially for the vast array of marketing tools

Amazing company

Being a customer since 2014, we've been able to develop a long term strategy with AOM and now we're in talks for doing many more projects. I highly rate them over other companies due to their approach and support.

Pros

I love that we're able to custom build our LMS platform and work closely with the aom team.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve for us at the beginning, but we're well into a long and happy partnership now and the AOM tech team are always on hand to help.

Great Customer Support, Wonderful use of WordPress, And still scaling to meet the client's needs

The overall experience is pretty good. The customer support is superb and they go truly try to accommodate custom requests. It's a great product for anyone looking for a quick, all-in-one solution for delivery of online courses.

Pros

The integration of the software into WordPress where all of the maintenance tasks of managing a website such as security, plugin updates, load time, etc. are handled by the AOM team is what I like most about this software. Also, the initial templates and set-up provided by AOM allows a starting point where scaling up from that point is feasible. In other words, giving us something to get started with is something that I really appreciated.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the TinCan importing experience for the students. If you have a team a developers directly building in AOM, then the platform is a beauty. But if your developers are building on 3rd party tools and then importing into AOM, then the experience is not ideal. Also, another issue is the course management framework for courses that have sessions and that are not...

Thanks so much for your candid feedback! We appreciate it. Just one clarification: Advanced CSS is only required for more advanced styling; within the platform you do have the ability to access more versatile design options to style course cards and site pages. If you require more advanced CSS styling, just let us know! We're happy to do that for you as a service included in your service plan.

Excellent Customer Focus!

Pros

- Everything is completely customisable. If the customisation is not possible through the administrator functions, AOM will do the coding you require. - This means you can achieve your own look that is aligned with the rest of your company's online presence - The user interface is very good. My e-learning platform looks like a serious offering as a result. - You can not only offer audio, video and...

Cons

- It took me a while to figure it out, but that's me! Now I'm able to create courses pretty fast!

After testing four softwares, AOM was the clear winner.

Using Academy of Mine has streamlined our business in several ways. Instead of using various softwares, we now use one for customer management, booking, client communication, and newsletters.

Pros

Academy of Mine's advantage over other softwares resides in its pricing structure, ease of customization, and customer service. We were in need of an LMS to create a program that would function differently than a traditional online course. To accomplish this, we needed several customizations, which AOM quickly completed. Our previous experience regarding development with other softwares had been extremely slow and very costly. On the other hand, the AOM development team is the most prompt and at the lowest cost we've experienced. They also have addressed every tech support question we've had almost immediately - even on weekends! This high level of customer service is not common in the software industry, and it certainly places Academy of Mine above the competition.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about the software. Our experience has been that if there is something we need to have changed, from visual to system modifications, the AOM addresses it...and most of the time, for free!

Try Out Academy of Mine - You Will Be Glad You Did

For the past four years, Academy of Mine has helped us provide certification level training for firefighters and first responders. Academy of Mine offers the perfect solution for online learning, product sales, marketing, commerce, reporting, analytics, and much more. It is user-friendly for both the instructor and student. There are many custom tools to provide a great learning environment for students. With 24/7 technical support, we never have to worry about an issue. If you are thinking about how to expand your business to meet your needs, give them a try. You will be glad you did!

Pros

Academy of Mine is the perfect solution for online learning. Easy to use dashboard with customizable tools including commerce, marketing, product building, and much more. Their 24/7 technical support is amazing. Whatever you are in the market for, Academy of Mine will help you reach your goals the way you envision.

Cons

I have no complaints except that I wish I found out about them sooner.

Academy of Mine for LMS

When I deal with AOM, I feel like I am their only customer - and I know that I am not, but they hear me out, offer workarounds or custom work to meet my needs, and deliver timely.

Pros

We have a variety of courses and AOM allows us to organize them easily, with lessons, but also to have flexibility - as all courses and lessons are not the same, not all have quizzes, handouts, etc. The flexibility to handle different types of training is critical. The price point is extremely fair - and since the platform is scalable, I feel like this is the right product to maximize profit while controlling the cost to administer.

Cons

Some features require custom work by the developers- and while I am being asked what I like least, this is not a deal breaker because the team at AOM will make just about anything you need happen.

Great LMS for our needs

We wanted to go with Academy of Mine for our short term and long term goals. They've exceeded expectations with our short term goals, so we're excited to see how it can help us with our future growth.

Pros

- Unlimited User Logins (regardless of user type) - So easy for students to use - Beautiful student experience - Easy reporting at a glance or in depth - So many features that we needed, like gamification, module types, and support for questions.

Cons

- Initially creating content in lessons takes time to learn. But once you learn, you can create templates to make the process easier in the future. - I have to clear my cache somewhat frequently if I'm working on larger projects

Great product, support,

We have had an extremely positive experience with Academy of Mine. The software has proved invaluable to us for creating an online training platform,. There have been elements that didn't already exist in the software, but the AOM team have been able to create custom functionality for us. The support and service throughout has been fantastic and we envisage a long and prosperous relationship with AOM.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. There are video tutorials on all aspects of the software and on occasions where we have not understood something, we have received impeccable customer support.

Cons

It is difficult to fault the software, but perhaps the certificate facility could be improved (ability to use PDF instead of JPG/PNG to achieve better quality when printed.

Hey Pat, Thanks for the review. Just a clarification on the Certificate feature, we do generate a PDF certificate after the initial setup but I think you are referring to the initial setup where you have to upload a background image in PNG/JPG format. However, the end result is indeed a downloadable PDF certificate.

Highly customizable LMS with outstanding support

A few years ago, we began to realize that we had outgrown our LMS. Our response was to re-invest into it with large and expensive custom builds using an independent database and robust API's. In time, however, we further realized that we were spending more and more time and money on site maintenance and builds a less time on our core competencies: that of developing and marketing our e-learning products....

Pros

- Excellent customization capacities - including of both front-end and back-end - Outstanding support - both during the build process and post - Affordable pricing - Wide array of features and products included standard - Modern interactive course player

Cons

The system can be a challenge to fully grasp at first, however, I would attribute this to the fact that they simply have a wide array of products and offerings. They do offer excellent training features and support along with these features.

Still in the set up phase but I am thrilled!

EXCELLENT!!!!

Pros

I have been looking for an LMS solution for quite sometime. AOM had most features I needed but not all but as we grow, they are willing to grow with us. We are working on customizations that meet our needs now and in the future and I am thrilled. Honestly, the team of people working behind the scenes and with me directly are responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. My experience up until this point has been with larger companies with terrible communication, disregard for the small business, and no regard for how their product directly impacts my revenue. AOM is completely different. While we are not up and running yet, this is the part that is the hardest and I have been given an incredible level of support!!

Cons

I would like a bit more control of basic design changes in the LMS itself (color of buttons, etc.) but otherwise I am really happy.

bookateacher App

We have a one-to-one online tutoring service, with live class. Apart from the nice platform, all the admin stuff is automated, which makes our work easier.

Pros

The standard application is very easy to setup and use. We wanted to have a specialized solution and this was not a problem. The developers added our features and it all works well.

Cons

Four our needs there is not really a con. All our special wishes were solved by their developers.

If you want customizable LMS, this is it

Great team.

Pros

-Customization -Great customer service -Enables front and backend management -Can grow into the features they offer

Cons

-Costs more than other LMS but this is expected for the advantages

My Experience With Academy of Mine

I carefully researched the platform to support my individualized needs to develop my e-learning course as well as to revise my website. My conclusion has been that I have no regrets selecting Academy of Mine. I am extremely pleased with the updates made to my business website because all of my services, including my e-learning course as well as my blog, are now easily accessible for users to access. I look forward to completing my marketing initiatives so that my target audience will receive the support that they require as I advance my mission to "Ignite Family Engagement In Education".

Pros

The continuous help desk and person-to-person support as it relates to setting up my unique program has been valuable. Based on my experience with Academy of Mine to date, I know that any assistance that I require will be provided in an extremely timely manner.

Cons

Because my online course is unique, I had challenges setting it up. Segments were difficult for me to navigate. Additionally, I needed assistance transferring my website credentials to this company. However, Academy of Mine helped me. In fact, they continue to provide me with as required assistance.

Highly recommned

AOM has provided an amazing platform that my students love, thus adding huge value to my offering.

Pros

Excellent and always fast support team. Easy to use

Cons

Inability to upload multiple files without using a zipfile.

Amazing customer support and great all-in-one solution

Great experience. Customer support is outstanding and they have a fair price.

Pros

Software is easy to use and very friendly. It has pretty much everything you need to build an online course and start selling it.

Cons

In general, it has everything I needed.

Great choice for online learning platform

AOM fully supported our efforts to grow our business -- they were open to suggestions and went out of their way to help

Pros

The team behind AOM is amazing! Easy to develop and implement materials.

Cons

Would like more functionality around the newsletter and automations

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.