Adaptive Planning Reviews

Adaptive Planning

Enterprise planning software for agile budgeting & reporting

Adaptive Planning

User friendly

Pros

Very useful product. Depending on business needs it provides the extent of capabilities to manage and govern your business both operationally and financially

Cons

The reporting side is a little light for my needs. I like flexibility in customizing my reports to my needs.

Information at your fingertips

Adaptive Discovery is a great way to share summary information in a format that people want to see. The Discovery tool in Adaptive allows users to create professional looking charts, graphs, data, gauges, etc. in a Dashboard view to get real time access to the key information that they need. Discovery is a good looking way to share high level information with users while providing them the access to customize their own dashboard and drill down to more detailed information stored in Adaptive. We have done some training and created dashboards for Finance. Our next step is to roll it out to the rest of the organization.

Cons

Adaptive Insights is a powerful tool to manage your business that remains easy to use

We evaluated many of the SaaS software options available before settling on Adaptive Insights (Host Analystics, Anaplan, Tidemark, etc). None of them matched the value, ease of use, and results of Adaptive. If you are looking to move away from spreadsheets and have one source for your financial data and reporting data, I highly suggest looking into Adaptive Planning. It has all the features you would expect in your financial tool and they are constantly upgrading and adding addiitonal features. Customer support has been excellent and they actually seem to care about their customers. Highly recommended!

Flexiable and Extensive

Pros

I like this software because it can do whatever I asked for from excel and it is ready to use and all other functions that I don't use but it is useful to have.

Cons

Many functions that I don't use and it can be clutter and confuse for the end user. If we can elimate that it would be great.

Adaptive is superior for budgeting and forecasting

I was able to get familiar with Adaptive Planning in my first week on the job. Having never used it before, I was amazed at the ease of use. In addition to serving as a data repository for 10+ years of information, the variance analysis reporting is fantastic.

Pros

Ease of use; Intuitive; Connectivity

Cons

Creating new sheets from scratch can be difficult for a novice user

Perfect Software.

The implementation is very quick and easy. We were up and running in a matter of weeks. The system is easy to use and change. Great connectivity with our accounting system. This is a great tool for handling the budgets for multiple companies. We really enjoy the flexibility and independence that this cloud based system provides.

Cons

Powerful but quite a decadent interface

Quite effective but very sloppy interface for getting financials. The design is decades old and seems frustratingly under developed. The reporting is there but it does not have advanced functionality that you would expect from such a pricey product.

Pros

Powerful - allows you to create custom reports, filter by various parameters, create different views Reliable - Stable and does not crash Light - Able to work through web interface which makes it a breeze even on thin clients Compatible - with most browsers and does not have hangups

Cons

Interface - looks like 2 generations old. Very barebones and non intuitive GUI - the design is extremely sloppy - and requires you to know your way through. Lack of advanced functionality

Budget Model

Pros

Simplicity, ease of use. It is easy to navigate. The feel is more like Excel. The reports are also easy to build.

Cons

Speed seems slow at times. I also would like to have a dedicated representative from AI to our account.

Improve your Finance deparment with Adaptive Planning

Since now, you can change the way your doing the things in de finance department. With Adaptive Planning you can move forward from Excel and achieve the next step: the analysis. Stop wasting time in operative tasks like validate links and formulas. Do "wath if" scenarios in minutes and take advantage over your competitors. Do monthly forecast and adjust your strategy when your business need. Take the control of your data and your finance process.

Pros

Easy to use and update. Dont need TI support.

Cons

Poor graphic capabilities

Powerful Budgeting tool!

I'm very impressed for performance, flexibility and power of this platform. As FP&A Manager, our main responsibility is to provide to Board of Directors accurate and timely information; and Adaptive help us to achieve our goals. The best pro of this tool: Is the adaptability, because allow built the model according your specific needs. Is important to mention as an another pro their stability and continuing improvement of key features. About the cons: Demand a lot of time (trial & error) the process of creating the model and their formulation.

Cons

Overall great software, easy to use forecasting and analysis

Formula creating is easy to use with the formula assistant. Adaptive customer support assists with any situations that may cause errors within your model. Planning enables end users to take a direct hands on approach to aid in the planning of the company. It also enables the company to be transparent, offering the budget managers optimized viewing of their level. An obvious con is depending on the data needed, dimensions are often used instead of attributes making the reporting take longer. Overall a great product.

Cons

We use AI for our budgeting, some reporting and beginning to use it for our forecasting

I think that the AI toolset is fantastic. It has allowed us to save countless hours by not having to update and maintain Excel spreadsheets. It allows us to analyze rather than validate the numbers in our version. The implementation was quick and our implementer, Juan Maldonado was awesome! Juan was always available and usually had the issue fixed before we left the conference call. The tool isn't as intuitive as it could be but once you understand how certain things work, it does make sense.

Cons

Robust FP&A software. Implementation is costly and seems cumbersome.

Ability to see important financial data necessary for accurate forecasting and budgeting.

Pros

The NetSuite integration, and the connector to MS office applications to automatically update decks is excellent.

Cons

Setting up reports initially can be time consuming, and requires a lot of assistance from the vendor.

Adaptive Review

Adaptive has been very helpful for our finance org. We are able to use adaptive for a single source of knowledge that can be accessed across the company at any point in time. While we are currently using it only within our finance org, I can see the potential to use it across departments. The software is very easy to use to view different facts and scenarios. The exporting ability through office connect has been amazing as well.

Versatile and Powerful Planning Software

Adaptive is a very powerful FP&A software. The pros are the ability to customize it to meet virtually any planning need you have. The security options are very good compared to other products. The cons are the lengthy learning process to get accustomed to it, and to be able to build it or adapt it to meet your needs, but that is only because it is such a powerful tool. It is very worthwhile to pay for implementation services at least early on.

It's a good company

Pros

It's pretty easy to use for the most part

Cons

It does take a while to load up once you sign in

Adaptive uses Adaptive

I'm a member of the FP&A group at Adaptive. We -- of course -- use Adaptive internally to plan, report and manage our business. For a fast growing tech company where plans are constantly changing the tool is invaluable. We are able to easily run different growth scenarios and assess the cash implications, and the tool is easy enough for department heads to participate directly -- each manages their own P&L complete with headcount and expenses.

Endless possibilities

After going through implementation, I continue to learn more and more and am constantly thinking of refinements and more ways to use Adaptive. The forums have a wealth of information and customer support is great. I have asked several questions and although the functionality may not be available currently, they are truly "Adaptive" and listen to customers needs and have so many things planned in future releases.

Cons

Easy to use, fast reporting when integrated well

Pros: - Fast when data is integrated well - Flexible with different cuts of information - Accessible via the cloud - Office Connect is great Cons: - full features are reliant in a PC environment (not friendly to OS users) - Reports feel clunky and business users resist it - when not integrated well with an ERP system, can be very frustrating

Overall positive

Pros

Version control is extremely important in FP&A. I love how easy is it to control our docs and to see when changes have been made.

Cons

The modeling aspect can be a bit challenging. I often times find it easier to work out of excel when working with heavier modeling.

Forecasting made easy!

We were able to better forecast for a large multi affiliate company.

Pros

I love that Adaptive Insights made forecasting so easy. I liked that we could have every department contribute to the forecast and have it all roll into one easy to read report.

Cons

I don't like that changes didn't update in real time, but rather after a refresh. I believe you can have it refresh often so it can be close to real time.

I was looking for budgeting tool and I found it

I found that Adaptive Planning is very flexible for any business changes, very easy to adapt as your business grows.

Pros

All what you need for budgeting, planning, saving and forecasting in one tool. The platform is good to use for data warehousing with a big amount of data.

Cons

Variety of reports are limited. Maybe I could not find some tools to make it, in this case would be great to have some helpful prompts.

Great Budgeting and Planning tool

Adaptive makes it very easy to look at historical data in a nice simplified way. It allows me to effectively plan for the upcoming year as well as communicate current trends that are happening in our business at a very granual level. I do wish Adaptive was a bit more robust to be able to look at more than just planning. I often have to build several reports in excel because there is not enough opportunity to look at additional items. Such as member data/profitability, heat mapping, and product profitability. It would also be nice if it linked daily data so executive members can look at reports with fresh data anytime they want without requesting it from the Finance Department. I believe Adaptive to be a perfect product for what it is, but I think it could be capable of so much more.

Very Positive Experience with Adaptive

Pros

This is a very user-friendly product that allows you to customize your report layout. The vendor is very supportive.

Cons

The thing I like least is probably that the product does not follow the same logic as MS Excel.

Jumped into this software almost immediately

Overall, my team felt Adaptive Insights was very handy it fit it's role well.

Pros

Was extremely easy to set up a budget, and maintain through excel and other existing files. Adaptive is cloud based similar to google drive, so we can all work on the same files without overlap. Very seemless.

Cons

Very good in almost all departments. Navigating data sheets was a bit clunky.