Emburse Certify Expense Reviews

User ratings

4.7

1.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.19/10

See full reviews by rating

Again, speechless...cancelling once we clear all outstanding receipts in the system and moving to Zoho.
I really love how seamlessly the integration is with this software. It is excellent and keeps all receipts itemized.
A great tool that has brought relief to our Finance Department with our company. I appreciate the ability to watch the tracking of approval.
I don't like that it's a little difficult to correct mistakes.
Some of the labelling can be a bit confusing, for example, the decision to decide if I need to generate an expense or receipt can be a task.
A lot of back and forth that caused much inconvenience.

Emburse Certify Expense users...

SAP Concur-logocaret

Expensify-logocaret

Expensify

Harvest-logocaret

Harvest

How would you rate Emburse Certify Expense?

1,239 reviews

Game Changer for expense reporting

I'm a 25-year sales professional and have experienced several expense reporting processes. The Certify software saves me approximately 90 minutes per week versus the most recent previous process we were provided. I no longer have to make copies of each and every receipt, I do not have to put a print-out and receipts into an envelope, apply postage, and go to the post office. Our finance department switched us to Certify approx. 18 months ago and I am still thanking them. My one concern was being able to easily reconcile my credit card statement. I've found that it is quite simple to look back at archived expense reports on my iPhone to do this.

A Senior Accountant's Review

Direct integration makes it so much more efficient. We didn't have to key in the expense report into our Great Plains accounting software. Wish we didn't have to switch accounting softwares, so we could have continued to use Certify Travel & Expense.

Pros

Certify Travel & Expense has a direct integration with Great Plains accounting software, which made it easy to sync between the 2 softwares.

Cons

Unfortunately we had to switch our accounting software to NetSuite and Certify Travel & Expense did NOT have a direct integration with it.

Ditch the receipt

Totally loved ease of use!

Pros

After snapping a picture of the receipt, the system auto populates the open fields

Cons

Sometimes the auto populate gives the wrong town or state but that's easily overcome to make corrections

Certify Expense Reporting

Pros

Very easy to use. From the field, I can upload and code all of my expenses in real time so Im not having to keep up with receipts. I can submit my weekly expense report in less than a minute; just a few quick clicks and I'm done.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for P Card to link to appear

Review from the Administrator side

Overall I would say it has been a good experience.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly for our travelers. The website is easy to use.

Cons

The presentation of data could be better. In terms of looking up by employee and expenses by time period. I know our sales people have some difficulties in changing dates on expenses.

A Lifesaver.

Certify has changed my outlook on completing expense reports. Instead of drowning in paper receipts and scratching my head trying to remember what happened weeks (or sometimes months!) ago, Certify and its mobile app make it a breeze to keep track of everything. The amount of time and stress spent on the reimbursement process has been significantly reduced. I highly recommend to any organization! You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Straightforward and easy to use. Great mobile app. I love the auto-fill feature that actually reads your receipt and automatically completes the required data fields for each expense.

Cons

Sometimes when you navigate away from the expense screen before finalizing the expense, you lose the information you have already inserted.

Great for expense management

We use the software to submit mileage/personal expense and corporate card expense reports. We were previously with another well known company with a similar product, but made the choice to move to Certify. We process just under 1,000 reports per month. The app is easy to use, the website is easy to use. There are some small things I would change if I could, but nothing that makes me regret our decision to go with Certify. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for this type of expense management tool.

Pros

Really easy to use, GREAT support, excellent service.

Cons

Can't attach more than one receipt to an item - sometimes necessary for online purchases. Can't attach a statement to the report - it has to be attached to an expense so you have to create an additional zero dollar expense if you want to attach your card statement. If you enter your expense information before you attach a receipt, when you attach the receipt it wipes out the information you entered and you have to start again. Company admin doesn't have the ability to map the card to individual user's accounts, individuals have to. It would be great if we could do this for the users.

Quick, consistently accurate expense management

100% elimination of mailing hard copy reports and reciepts for processing. Reminder feature is very convenient and ensures I complete the report and submit on time, everytime!

Pros

Very easy to use. Takes less than 10 minutes to be up an running as an end user. Allows prompt entries while away from the office, which ensures accuracy and timeliness expense reporting.

Cons

I'm old school; so it took me a while to "trust" that I do not need a paper copy of my reciepts and my reports. (But after several months of use with NO mistakes and NO lost data...I feel confident relying on the software to manage my expense activities.)

Certify - I'll Do It To Get Reimbursed by my Employer

Certify does a good job in solving the business problem of having all reimbursement, travel, and other expenses recorded for each user in one place, however, it is not always user-friendly. I would mainly recommend using this platform for booking travel.

Pros

My job recently switched over to Certify for travel and basic money management. The main reason I use it to receive reimbursement from my workplace when we go to an outing or have to travel for client meetings. Our company grew very quick from less than 100 people to over 700 people in a matter of 2 years so as we onboard this program, it made travel, reimbursement, tracking of receipts, etc for a medium size com pretty easy. I value programs like Certify that make my life easier by having all inquires in one place, saving me time on booking and making me worry free about tracking reimbursements

Cons

Sometimes the receipt upload process takes a while to get done right since it has quite a few components to enter when filing out the form for reimbursement. With this being said, the must unenjoyable thing about Certify is filing a reimbursement form since it is a tad annoying/takes a while to use.

No more problems with expense accounts

Figuring out expenses and travel costs is a breeze now. I don't worry any longer about where receipts are. Everything is right there in my phone. I love it.

Pros

Being able to take a photo of the receipt is exceptional. I have a bad habit of miss-placing receipts. Now that isn't an issue. It's so easy even I can use it. *smile* I can make decisions about the expense and travel without having to wait. Customer Service is top of the line. They are also very friendly.

Cons

I haven't found any cons...yet. I doubt that I will. It is a little regimented. It can be good but also as I found, it can be a problem.

Excellent, easy to use business expense tracker for companys

Pros

Software is very easy to use, and it comes with great features. One is the ability to send receipts from an e-mail directly to the date certify email, which this provides a receipt that automatically is in your wallet. Also there is a software feature where you can automatically input receipt amounts, but we have had some issues with but it does the job.

Cons

One tiny issue is that if the expense approval process requires two or more signatures, the user receives an email update about the approval process which in my opinion causes too many emails flowing back and fourth.

Know before you buy - DOES NOT INTEGRATE WITH SMALL BUSINESS CREDIT CARDS

After several phone calls with the Certify sales team, I was assured that the corporate credit card sync would work for our business. I stated several times that the credit card sync was THE critical factor in our evaluation of expense tracking software, and explained the structure of of our credit card login with authorized users. I was never given any indication throughout the sales process that...

Pros

This seemed like an effective and easy to use expense tracking software.

Cons

The sales contact repeatedly assured us that Certify would bring in credit card transactions from our company credit card (Capital One Spark for Small Business). We were explicit that this was the primary driver in our decision, and that importing company credit card transactions was our primary goal. As soon as we paid the implementation fee and were assigned to an implementation specialist, they...

We love Certify! Super easy to use and very user friendly!

Easy to use. Every one I have spoken to on the phone was also extremely helpful and very responsive. All the handouts and tutorials were very easy to understand and left no questions regarding Certify. The webinars were also helpful. Adding users is super easy as well.

Pros

Teaching employees how to use both the app and the computer version was super easy. This is almost a fool proof app. We only really use this for travel and expense reports.

Cons

It was hard to set up with the system that we use to process expense reports (Sage software). I had to call Sage on the phone and have them customize a report so we could use the product.

Easy! User Friendly!

Very easy to use to capture receipts. Autofill makes submitting an expense simple. Plenty of tutorials and instructions right in the program. Very user-friendly. Certify keeps up with all the latest technology. The app is great for on-the-go expenses. I would recommend to everyone.

Pros

Multiple ways to submit receipts, autofill.

Cons

Clean, Clear, User Friendly!

Pros

I love the look of it. It is immediately inviting, and doesn't appear overwhelming. The options are user friendly, and everything is fairly straight-forward. I like that I was able to complete most everything on my own without assistance - that's how simple the software is! The last program I used was not very easy to use, especially when it came to adding or attaching receipts. Certify does a great job of smoothing out all the wrinkles of complication, and making it an easy and even enjoyable experience to fill out an expense report.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything that has created any kind of stumbling block. Every field is so easy to navigate and understand, and is really set up with a good flow that is simple to follow. No complaints here!

Great Service and Great Company

We have been with certify for 5+ years now and seen the growth which has helped us grow. Processing the reports used to take us hours which now takes minutes or less. Manager reports have saved us time and money. Easy to use from start to finish.

Pros

They encompass it all.

Cons

Always room for more features and growth.

This is one of the easiest ways to track my expenses it's very intuitive

Pros

Ease of use I use the app for 90% of my certify time it's great. Only go to PC when I submit end of mont report

Cons

Doesn't always match up correct with receipts Would be nice to create a report on the app. For when I am on the road

Easy program to use and saves time

ease of programs, time saver and organizer

Pros

Taking pic of receipts and entering info daily makes this program save time at the end of month to submit expense report

Cons

Sometimes the split receipt option doesn't work , just keeps thinking. Also you take the pic of receipts and they don't sync . Otherwise the program is a time saver overall. would recommend to other companies.

Easy go use

Pros

I like the tracking part. You can save it as a draft and continue adding items. And also it shows you how much your getting and your entering new days. Once you get familiar with the app it is very easy to use.

Cons

It would be a good idea to have a Definition list. I use it this app daily and it would be helpful if I know if I should use commute versus non commute.

Do NOT waste your time or money!

We spent many weeks researching the best options for what we were looking for in an expense tracking software. We tried several trials and lastly ended with choosing Certify for the job. Talking with our sales rep, it sounded like a dream! He addressed each of our concerns and assured us everything we were looking for was within their app. After we signed the contract, we experienced our first taste...

Pros

They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.

Cons

Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there. They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly. The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user. They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets. Certify has a great sales team, but that seems to be where the customer service ends and loads of issues begin.

Certify is the best T&E software I have used!

I have implemented a number of different T&E systems, but Certify hit the nail on the head! They are easy to use and understand and they have training videos that your employees can use whenever it is convenient for them! I love their latest update of their system! Not only did they let us know about the change months before it went into effect, they even set it up for me to switch my entire company over early once we had tested it! The support is amazing and cannot be compared to any other! There has never been a time that my support team has failed me! Did I mention that Certify never goes down? If you have used Concur, you know that there are daily issues with their system! Certify's sign on screen shows you the status up front.

Pros

Easy to use for both the user and administrator. Certify is always taking suggestions for improvements and actually implementing them.

Cerifty Makes Expense Tracking Easy

It has greatly streamlined the process of inputting and calculating expenses. The system has a great process then for moving expense reports through the organization for approvals and/or comments if need be.

Pros

Certify brings some order to the otherwise chaotic process of tracking receipts for expenses. There are several ways to import receipts, from your mobile device via the app or via the webpage on your PC. The layout makes alot of sense and its just an intuitive product to use.

Cons

No major concerns. There might be a better way for standardizing mileage within an organization, ie always use the same mapping option, etc.

Keeping track of expenses has never been easier

Any time you can go paperless, I'm all for it. Certify makes it so I don't have to carry around a bunch of little receipts, or worry that I lost one - I can just take a photo, upload to my wallet, and toss them. Combine that with other streamlined processes like automatically figuring mileage, and submitting a report with one click, saves everyone time and money. There are so many details to keep track of when travelling, simplifying expense reporting makes a big difference in my job satisfaction.

Pros

Having a program that I can use with my computer, or phone, is imperative when travelling. Certify makes it easy to upload my receipts using several methods, depending on my needs at the time. Notifications are automatic, which lets me get on to other parts of my job without having to worry about following up on my expense submissions.

Cons

It took a little while to get used to using it, but I think that is a factor when learning to use any robust platform. One thing I would really like is the option for a person in accounting to pre-check the report before final submission, since it's problematic to get it "re-approved" if something has to be changed.

Simple. Fast. Useful.

Pros

Easy to use for me entering receipts with my assistant coordinating the expense reports. Very simple to use.

Cons

Might have more visibility for executive assistant activity back to me. Not much else to talk about....

Cerify

Pros

Easy to use, photos of receipts upload easily

Cons

nothing really..