Chargebee Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

stripe-billing
zoho-subscriptions

I've already lost over $6000 in charges I can't add to my customers' invoices and a few thousand dollars in invoices that can't be generated.
Now I'm told I need to batch things weekly because adding charges to my customers is too taxing on their CPUs.

keval v.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best tool for billing and recurring

Pros

As a business owner, I know how hard it is to manage the bill. Chargebee makes the process seamless and easy. It's great for recurring subscriptions and provides the best customer service experience. Chargebee is the best billing and recurring tool I've ever used. The interface is clean and easy to use, plus it has a lot of features that make it worth the price. I love that they have integrations with so many other platforms, like Slack or Zapier. It's really helped us save time on our billing process in particular.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time.

LS

Liam S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Accounting and financial management software that simplifies everything and saves us time

It is fantastic software for automating accounting processes, reducing manual work, and eradicating possible paperwork. All accounting information is stored in the software, and it is easy for the accounting team to access this information, generate reports, perform in-depth analysis, adjust payments, and manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, among others. It is the best accounting software we have found; our experience has been excellent.

Pros

I love Chargebee for many reasons, the most important being that it allows us to streamline all the organization's transaction recording, which always involves a lot of money; at the same time, it helped us improve our previous shortcomings in generating reports. It has features and functionalities that save us time and make our daily accounting work more accessible, allowing us, among many other things, to import the account statement, perform in-depth analysis, and have control of all expenses; in short, it simplifies the entire accounting process, from purchases to the general ledger and accounts receivable and payable. Best of all, it is not difficult to use, and adapting to the software does not require much training.

Cons

There is a learning curve at first, primarily if you have yet to use accounting software; however, we have overcome that curve quickly and get great use out of the software daily.

Internet, 11-50 employees

To be avoided, it will cost you LT!

Pros

Chargebee started as a good product challenging Recurly but now it's really one of the worst decision we ever took

Cons

Their representative explicitly lied to to us to get us on a higher pricing in order to get his bonus and then you are stuck with another representation trying to get you to pay even to get his bonus aswell for the same feature that were promised earlier by someone else. Their management really needs to train their staff better & decide on a pricing policy that aligns interest (fixed or variable -- you can have it both ways! ) First chance we get, we get away from this scamming company!

LM

László M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Excellent subscription management platform

Overall a very capable subscription management tool with great integrations and great support them!

Pros

Excellent platform to manage your Saas Business. Great, very easy to use integrations with many vendors (Stripe, QuickBooks, Zapier, etc). Highly customizable settings for everything: email templates, the general look, and even the workflow & the custom fields.

Cons

Takes some time to get used to how to work together with your app and integrate everything to work flawlessly, but it worth it. I just wished that when the client has to select the quantity of their licenses, you could edit the label from Quantity to "users" or "licenses".

SL

Sam L.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Imperfect, but still pretty good

Mostly positive. Myself (non-technical) and my technical team have been able to integrate with our product and website with few issues aside from the previously mentioned requests. Also, my email with Chargebee is sam@beyondcad.com (old email) even though I have sam@beyondware.com listed here.

Pros

I'm able to handle my payment processing, recurring subscriptions, license validation, reports and more all from the same product.

Cons

Usually support is helpful but there have been a few times when the feature just isn't available and there was no timetable given as to when it could be added (or how I could make sure the development team received my request). Two examples- you can't hide the subscription amount when someone is signing up for a free trial and if you have a free trial assigned to a plan the user can't skip the free trial if they want to be charged immediately (you can help them with this on the backend, which adds friction).

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy Subscription Management

It has been useful to set up our automated subscription plans. Creating different plans, promos, and payment methods were quite easy.

Pros

Chargebee makes it very easy to set up automatic billing, subscription creation, and setting up promos for our customers. The interface is fairly straightforward to navigate and they connect with much of our tech stack, which helps streamline workflows.

Cons

Not much to not like. There are a lot of settings, such as reminders and notifications that you need to make sure you set up if you want to stay on top of your billing. Once they are set up, they are very helpful!

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

great product with an even greater support team

Pros

Chargebee has been instrumental in helping our software company's monetization team streamline development resources by automating payment collection, invoicing, email notifications, and subscription management. Additionally, Chargebee's customizable platform and support for 30+ payment gateway integrations have empowered us to experiment and iterate faster, adapting our monetization strategies to...

Cons

While Chargebee offers a comprehensive set of features, there is a slight learning curve involved in fully harnessing its capabilities. As a Product Manager, I had to invest some time in understanding the platform and its various functionalities. However, once familiarized, the benefits far outweigh the initial learning investment

Peter S.

Reliable recurring billing platform

Pros

Chargebee is a very effective platform for recurring billings. It allows you to create plans, addons, coupons, and invoice reliably time and again.

Cons

Complex billing situations, such as sending a customer a single invoice for several subscriptions, are a bit more complex and require a lot of meddling with the system.

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review :) We do have a feature called Consolidated Invoicing that provides the functionality to consolidate and send out a single invoice for multiple subscriptions of a customer. We will send out a detailed email to you on this feature at the earliest.

Chargebee

This is the first software that I have used and I found it very easy to learn. I spent a morning going thorugh and learning the ropes and was an expert by the afternoon! Their customer service is awesome and provides great help. However, because it is easy to use, I have not had to use their help more than once.

Pros

Chargebee is easy to use and quick to learn. You are able to access subscriptions with ease. Creating email templates to be sent out is easy. You can view all of your subscriptions on one page or you can add filters to find one specific subscription, too.

Cons

With the email templates, you have to make sure that the client you are sending an email to, has to be in a filter, otherwise, you send it to your entire client base.

Hardik M.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Best SaaS subscription billing platform

Pros

I have been using Chargebee for over a year now and I am completely in love with it. It's the best SaaS subscription billing platform out there and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to start a subscription based business. The customer service is also fantastic, they are always available to help and their responses are quick.

Cons

Some of configuration is complex to understand. But thier customer support is quick to help us.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Code quality is terrible. UI is confusing. Full of bugs.

A total disaster. Spent over 2 months trying to get everything working, but I kept hitting bugs and problems.

Pros

The backend code looks nice, but the frontend is a disaster.

Cons

Obviously no one is testing or maintaining the code. It's half baked, buggy and the user interface is bad.

RK

Rahul K.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great platform for billing and subscription.

Overall, Chargebee is a great billing solution and I would recommend it to anyone!

Pros

There are many things that I like about Chargebee, but the thing that I like most is the fact that it makes billing easy. No more worrying about whether or not I am being charged the right amount, or if I am being charged at all. Chargebee takes care of all of that for me, and all I have to do is sit back and relax.

Cons

I think that Chargebee is a good product but there are definitely some areas that could be improved. Sometimes payment gateway doesn't load and it show error which is bit frustating.

DR

Daniel R.

Retail, self-employed

Easy with many possibilities

Simple to set up and easy to use. Nice support for customers.

Pros

The implementation into our product and Slack. Statistic overview. It is very easy to set up customer and provide them also with info/status mails too.

Cons

To be honest, chargebee gives me more that I expected :D. Billing and subscription service was that what we need. And of course, the different types of mails notifications.

VD

Volker D.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

"Very convenient and flexible service"

Exchanges and membership the executives is really simple and coordinating the framework with our CRM was extremely speedy and powerful. The presentation of the organization expanded as it is truly simple to explore between our CRM and chargebee frameworks.

Pros

UI and straightforwardness. Everything is set consistently and regardless of whether you have a past encounter with Chargebee it's exceptionally simple to become acclimated to it. Effortlessness and a speedy expectation to absorb information make it an extraordinary apparatus for all exchange based cycles.

Cons

In some cases we get issues with webhooks and API's on our different member framework that is associated with Chargebee, however I'm certain it is handily fixed. We trust that these reconciliations issues will be settled.

Razvan G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing

Pros

Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing. I have tried implementing Braintree without Chargebee and it was a nightmare.

Cons

I have nothing to complain. They are improving all the time and doing its job.

TC

Todd, Chair, BostonCHI

Chargebee is great!

Our small local professional org / non-profit was looking for a newsletter / member management system that was supported and not going to break the bank. During our investigations of MailChimp, we learned about Chargebee. While a relatively new company, we were given confidence by MailChimp's endorsement. We went live a week ago with our new solutions and cannot be happier.

Pros

We've found Krish and his team to be super helpful. They were responsive and informative to our pre-sales questions and have been helpful setting us up with their system. Generally, the product is very easy to use. They are receptive to feedback.

Cons

Since Chargebee is a new company, there are a few rough spots, for example, when using their hosted payment pages, any payment errors are generic. Also, for someone not familiar with payments, some of the configuration took some work.

Thank you Todd. A pleasure to work with you. Your inputs on your use cases certainly helped us & your review has been a great help to import your existing subscriptions. Looking forward to a long relationship. Thank you.

Kirti V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Enabling Businesses to Monetize their Subscription Models Effectively

Additionally, Chargebee's customer support and documentation are well-regarded, with many users praising the company's responsiveness and helpfulness in resolving any issues or answering questions

Pros

Streamline your subscription management with Chargebee's all-in-one platform,Chargebee's powerful billing and revenue automation features make subscription management a breeze,Get paid faster and grow your business with Chargebee's flexible payment options

Cons

Chargebee's revenue recognition capabilities give you accurate insights into your business's financial health.

Valentin M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Simply Awesome Subscription Billing that JUST WORKS!

I''ve been relying on Chargebee to handle all subscription needs for my online wordpress maintenance service for the last 3 years. They always went above and beyond my expectations in helping me with anything I asked of them. I have never once encountered a problem due to their service! I love their team. I respect their leadership. I highly recommend you check them out!

Pros

Fast and easy setup, Intuitive UI, Rich features, Flexible, Stable, Great support

Cons

None! Never had an issue.

Mark A.

Useful for user tracking

Satisfying and reliable until you try to get it to do more.

Pros

This gives me a better insight into what's happening with our software (with sign-ups, churn etc) than Google Analytics and other tools.

Cons

Some of the data is artificially limited - like you can only view through 1-8 days, 8-30 days, 30-90 days, 90-120 days...it doesn't make sense, and skews the data.

Patrick B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent product!

Chargebee is excellent for subscription businesses who need to manage their payments and invoices. I would strongly recommend trying it out. It's extremely easy to use. Should you run into any issues, their support team is amazing and very responsive.

Pros

Extremely easy to get set up and start taking payments.

Cons

A Xero integration would be useful, which they have built and are currently testing.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Chargebee first hand experience review

Pros

I like that it's simple to use and rich in features. It offers an easy-to-use user interface, good customer service, and is very configurable. Also, it works with any payment method and supports numerous currencies.

Cons

The setup process can be time-consuming sometimes, but still manageable.

JP

Jacob P.

Retail, self-employed

It's an Okay Product

Their customer support team was always slow on getting back to People and they never wanted to just provide you the answers you need, They always wanted to schedule a call back

Pros

That I could start subscriptions for my customers and also invoice them with their profile(accounts).

Cons

It stinks as I could not have a hosted payment portal for my customers to make payments and manage their accounts. Their software is heavily into coding and having the coding experience. It's definitely something not worth my money

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Good overall

I've used it for online payments mainly, and have recommended it to a few colleagues.

Pros

It's easy to set up payment links to send to clients and everything is process quickly.

Cons

Some features were a little convoluted but at least the help section is thorough.

C

Crystal

Stellar service saving time and money

I've had many 'long-term' customers, who are very satisfied with my Pilates services, but for whom the whole 'buying/tracking' packages of sessions has become too onerous. Chargebee has allowed me to provide my customers with the same stellar service, but at a reduced cost because I save bookkeeping time and money.

Harsha H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Chargebee is the way to go for all your recurring payment needs

Pros

The setup was smooth and did not take a lot of time. It integrates well with stripe and complements its feature sets.

Cons

Not a lot that i hate about Chargebee per se but i think integrating with accounting software even on the Go plan would have made it even better.