All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Chargebee Reviews

Patrick B.

Read the full review
I fell in love with ChargeBee's interface and sleek outlook. They have rich features to offer, perfect for companies who look for a solid alternative to manage their subscription transactions.

Musadiq M.

Read the full review
Overall a very capable subscription management tool with great integrations and great support them.

László M.

Read the full review

Cons

I've already lost over $6000 in charges I can't add to my customers' invoices and a few thousand dollars in invoices that can't be generated.

Ryan H.

Read the full review
I never had this problem with my previous provider and they aren't even a billing or invoicing company.

Ryan H.

Read the full review
Sometimes due to system error invoices get created and get paid, which is not in order. I cannot bill single customer from to supplier.

4.5

Chargebee saved us a TON of dev time.

Pros

I love that Chargebee allows young startups to get their feet under them before charging them. The integration into Braintree was SUPER easy and we haven't really had any problems with it since we started using it. It allows us to manage subscriptions without building our own dev dashboard to do that and gives us much more flexibility than Braintree for doing so. We use coupons to run promos and Chargebee makes that super easy. We use their hosted page for payments inside of an iframe and that has been helpful as well. Again the biggest thing as a young startup is not having to build all of that ourselves or asking the dev team to make changes every time we need to address an issue. Overall I've been very happy with Chargebee and we plan to continue to use them moving forward.

Cons

I'd love for the reporting dashboard to be a little more robust and user friendly. It's not bad but it could definitely be better. Being able to accept multiple currencies could also be handled better, but we get by just fine with the way it's set up. It makes you change your password every 90 days, which is annoying to me but I guess it's more secure...

Our perfect subscription manager

Pros

We rely on Chargebee to manage subscriptions to our product. It's easy to use and to be integrated, and offers many features such as invoicing, TAX calculator based on location, several plans, offline payments, etc. Customer Support is great and they always hear what you say. Besides managing your subscriptions, it does something very important. By using their payment form on your website, you can easily integrate with several payment processors. This is especially important if you have payments that have been rejected by one processor and you can send them to another processor. It also reduces the dependency on one single processor.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is that the invoices it produces are not legal in some countries. For instance, in my country, invoicing software needs to be certified and to produce a SAF-T file with all invoices, that we need to submit to tax authorities. Since Chargebee doesn't do any of that, I need to have a separate invoicing platform.

Grossly incompentant

If I could do things over again I would have selected a similar provider even if I was forced to pay several hundred dollars per month it would have obviously been worth it. Now I have to make the decision of whether I want to potentially lose over half my subscribers again like the last time I switched billing systems (to Chargebee) or accept that I'm locked in for life.

Pros

Easy to set up and has a good API. Support is good and fast response so long as the issues are simple and don't involve anything technical.

Cons

The backend system is grossly unoptimized to the point many of my customers cannot be billed anymore. I was not informed of these issues when signing up and was promised that the system would be able to handle my very specific usecase. It clearly can't despite me giving them actual numbers. I've already lost over $6000 in charges I can't add to my customers' invoices and a few thousand dollars in...

Easy Subscription Management

It has been useful to set up our automated subscription plans. Creating different plans, promos, and payment methods were quite easy.

Pros

Chargebee makes it very easy to set up automatic billing, subscription creation, and setting up promos for our customers. The interface is fairly straightforward to navigate and they connect with much of our tech stack, which helps streamline workflows.

Cons

Not much to not like. There are a lot of settings, such as reminders and notifications that you need to make sure you set up if you want to stay on top of your billing. Once they are set up, they are very helpful!

Excellent subscription management platform

Overall a very capable subscription management tool with great integrations and great support them!

Pros

Excellent platform to manage your Saas Business. Great, very easy to use integrations with many vendors (Stripe, QuickBooks, Zapier, etc). Highly customizable settings for everything: email templates, the general look, and even the workflow & the custom fields.

Cons

Takes some time to get used to how to work together with your app and integrate everything to work flawlessly, but it worth it. I just wished that when the client has to select the quantity of their licenses, you could edit the label from Quantity to "users" or "licenses".

Good only if you use the default set-up

In the beginning was very nice, but the more I use the product, the less I like it. We are considering moving to a different provider even if this will require to re-implement all our payment process.

Pros

At the beginning, when we started using this software, the setup was quite easy and just following their online documentation we could set up everything in our project.

Cons

Things started to go wrong when we try to use a more advanced implementation using their API. Integration with Hubspot was a mess, but we manage to fix that. On the other hand, 3DS implementation is very poorly documented if you don't use their in-house components. The support team is one of the worst I've encountered, they give you contradictory explanations, they don't even properly read the information you provide and it's very difficult to get the level 2 support.

Basically, perfect in all aspects

We're ourselves are SaaS product, and use Chargebee as a backend for our payments and billing. We extensively use addons and various combinations of subscription plans. I couldn't name another product that I would be that happy with as I am with Chargebee.

Pros

- Perfect UX/UI: all the filters, mass operations, detailed settings are available just as I need them, never think a second where to find a function I need - Great API & integration support - Very powerful analytics (especially with RevenueStory) - Awesome support - A very, very carefully and thoughtfully planned interface with a deep understanding of the user.

Cons

I faced literally two issues through the course of 6 years using Chargebee in production.

Chargebee

This is the first software that I have used and I found it very easy to learn. I spent a morning going thorugh and learning the ropes and was an expert by the afternoon! Their customer service is awesome and provides great help. However, because it is easy to use, I have not had to use their help more than once.

Pros

Chargebee is easy to use and quick to learn. You are able to access subscriptions with ease. Creating email templates to be sent out is easy. You can view all of your subscriptions on one page or you can add filters to find one specific subscription, too.

Cons

With the email templates, you have to make sure that the client you are sending an email to, has to be in a filter, otherwise, you send it to your entire client base.

Reliable recurring billing platform

Pros

Chargebee is a very effective platform for recurring billings. It allows you to create plans, addons, coupons, and invoice reliably time and again.

Cons

Complex billing situations, such as sending a customer a single invoice for several subscriptions, are a bit more complex and require a lot of meddling with the system.

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review :) We do have a feature called Consolidated Invoicing that provides the functionality to consolidate and send out a single invoice for multiple subscriptions of a customer. We will send out a detailed email to you on this feature at the earliest.

Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing

Pros

Really ease the pain of implementing payment processing. I have tried implementing Braintree without Chargebee and it was a nightmare.

Cons

I have nothing to complain. They are improving all the time and doing its job.

easy subscription management software

managing payments on saas product. using for invoicing and planning

Pros

nice options available to flexible pricing options for SaaS. complete suite to manage invoicing and recurring payment. The test site for training prior to using is also very useful. We are able to use it really well due to this feature and we can train new employees on the product as well.

Cons

payment gateway integration can be a little more seamless they always encourage stripe, but a lot of spurious txns get generated on that platform.

Hey Alister, Thank you for your review :) We¿re happy that you find our product features useful. Regarding your feedback on payment gateways, we are constantly working towards a more seamless integration. Apart from Stripe we do integrate with several other payment gateways and Payment methods, please take a look at it and let us know if you are interested in any of these ( you can reach out to support@chargebee.com) . We will definitely help you with the set-up process.

It's a useful application if you have the significant large volume of customers for Invoicing

Saving lots of time in Invoicing to the customer.

Pros

The application is Subscription enabled. So if the monthly billing amount is same then the subscription will create Invoices every month automatically without manual involvement.

Cons

Hi there, Thank you for your review :) We¿re glad that you find our product useful. Regarding invoicing due to system errors, I would like to understand more on this. Could you please send me your email address so we get in touch with you on this?

To be avoided, it will cost you LT!

Pros

Chargebee started as a good product challenging Recurly but now it's really one of the worst decision we ever took

Cons

Their representative explicitly lied to to us to get us on a higher pricing in order to get his bonus and then you are stuck with another representation trying to get you to pay even to get his bonus aswell for the same feature that were promised earlier by someone else. Their management really needs to train their staff better & decide on a pricing policy that aligns interest (fixed or variable -- you can have it both ways! ) First chance we get, we get away from this scamming company!

Just Stay Away

I do not recommend them to avoid at all costs sign up for the free trial and process your first $50k free then move on to another company.software because once you start making money they will ask for a percentage of the money you collect. WHy do they think they are supposed to get paid a percentage of our moneyy?

Pros

The software is compatible with zapier which makes it easy to connect to other apps. or programs.

Cons

This company is based in the Philippines so the customer support for US-based customers is almost nonexistent. The online chat support is a complete joke because they just enter in "tickets" and never one ever follows up with you regarding an issue or concern. Once I sat down to track the payments that were being processed and the payments "could not authorize payment" but the system was marking the payments as paid. So customers are confused as too why they got an email says they paid but no payments removed from their account. The revenue story is unreliable and I have had to hire someone just to go inside of Chargebee to make sure the payments actually processed. Can you imaging hiring someone to double-check software?

Good of the shelf product, with a lot of problems when you scale

We are still using it, but more because the time and cost to change is very high than for other reasons - and I am not sure that forever is going to be the case. I wouldn't recommend using this product if you need anything beyond the basic subscription management capabilities. Support wasn't good either. In 6 months we had 3 account managers change and I am not even sure how to reach our account manager now. When coupled with the pricing they charge, I wouldn't recommend utilizing this product beyond its basic subscription management.

Pros

I love that it has multiple options and features. And the core subscription management works really well. It is great for companies that start from scratch and need quick 0-80 solution.

Cons

The issues start when you go deeper. Revenue story has lots of data reliability issues, slow refresh rates, information that changes in hindsight. The more you leverage the advanced capabilities the more disappointed you are. We had dashboards disappear, web hooks not triggering without any apparent reason and much more. We need to spend hours validating the data and double check three times before we can decide to rely on the output.

Recurring subscriptions made easy

A fantastic tool which makes it really easy to handle all your subscriptions in one place. Integrate it with the API and you can quickly start charging your customers on any period that you want. With smart and simple integrations to payment gateways you will see money on your account directly and you don't need to handle the credit card information. New product and coupons is simply added and managed in the interface. Looking forward to explore the tool even more.

Pros

Easy to use Simple setup Great support

Cons

Missing the possibility to be able to add multiple invoice rovs to an invoice.

Powerful product, 1 stop shop for subscription management

Pros

We rely on Chargebee for the recurring element of our business. It is incredibly flexible in the types of subscriptions you can create, and how you want to manage them. Every single element of every customer's subscription is customizable.

Cons

Hey Jake, Thank you so much for taking your time out to review us. We¿re constantly working hard towards improving our customer experience and reviews like these We work hard to meet customers¿ expectations and we are happy to know that we hit the mark for you :)

Billing Software For All

Chargebee enables is to efficiently bill clients and keep updated records of all customer billing information. The system also enables us to remind clients on outstanding payments. Its integration with our CRM enables us to help keep a centralized platform for custom relations.

Pros

The seamless integrations is enables as well as the automation that come with it.

Cons

The UI can be a bit dragging and makes it difficult for one to stick on the software.

Great API Docs and Fantastic customer support

I first heard of Chargebee after doing some trial integration of both Chargify and Spreedly with our new SaaS app rocketmailmerge.com. A quick look over their API documentation and we were off to work integrating their system with our billing and customer management. Chargebee's API was very easy to integrate, it took only 1 day to get up and running on their sandbox due to their great example code....

Cons

Wish it were a bit easier

Pros

I LOVE that you get to start for free while you're getting set up and building your business. That option is very valuable to me and the clients I work with. That is probably the #1 reason my clients have chosen the platform in the past.

Cons

There's so much to set up and sort out, and while it's nice that they reach out to hop on a call and give support (they reach out too much, actually), I'd rather have tutorials or even just a clearer sense of what to take care of first, what comes next, and on and on. It also surprises me at times how seemingly simple things are not handled simply. For instance, you should be able to send invoices without a client's credit card, or set up multiple payment plans within the same product.

Hi Sally, Thank you for taking time out to review us :) I¿m happy that you find our test environment valuable and useful. Regarding your feedback on set up, we will surely take this into consideration and work on a much more easier and quicker way to help set up the Chargebee account. Should you have any queries, please reach out to me or our support team and we will do our best to resolve them.

Chargebee is great!

Our small local professional org / non-profit was looking for a newsletter / member management system that was supported and not going to break the bank. During our investigations of MailChimp, we learned about Chargebee. While a relatively new company, we were given confidence by MailChimp's endorsement. We went live a week ago with our new solutions and cannot be happier.

Pros

We've found Krish and his team to be super helpful. They were responsive and informative to our pre-sales questions and have been helpful setting us up with their system. Generally, the product is very easy to use. They are receptive to feedback.

Cons

Since Chargebee is a new company, there are a few rough spots, for example, when using their hosted payment pages, any payment errors are generic. Also, for someone not familiar with payments, some of the configuration took some work.

Thank you Todd. A pleasure to work with you. Your inputs on your use cases certainly helped us & your review has been a great help to import your existing subscriptions. Looking forward to a long relationship. Thank you.

Payments simplified

We have been using Chargebee for over 6 months now and the experience has been nothing but great. The setup and onboarding is amazingly simple. From a developer point of view, integration process has been clearly chalked out and documentation is crisp and to the point. The pricing plan itself is very encouraging. 50K dollars are processed without any cost.

Pros

- Pricing plan - Integration and Documentation - Ability to setup coupons - Direct integration with affiliate systems

Cons

Setting up payments in multiple currency requires a bit of a workaround but again its sorted out.

Simply Awesome Subscription Billing that JUST WORKS!

I''ve been relying on Chargebee to handle all subscription needs for my online wordpress maintenance service for the last 3 years. They always went above and beyond my expectations in helping me with anything I asked of them. I have never once encountered a problem due to their service! I love their team. I respect their leadership. I highly recommend you check them out!

Pros

Fast and easy setup, Intuitive UI, Rich features, Flexible, Stable, Great support

Cons

None! Never had an issue.

An essential tool to avoid a mess in your monthly and yearly subscriptions over time.

Pros

Robust platform from which you can build a large customer base with different types of subscriptions. High level of customization. The information is well structured. It does integrate well with Stripe.

Cons

The UI could be sexier and the learning curve is steep. Sometimes, it is not intuitive and rely a lot on our IT team to support us internally.

Excellent product!

Chargebee is excellent for subscription businesses who need to manage their payments and invoices. I would strongly recommend trying it out. It's extremely easy to use. Should you run into any issues, their support team is amazing and very responsive.

Pros

Extremely easy to get set up and start taking payments.

Cons

A Xero integration would be useful, which they have built and are currently testing.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.