Invoice Ninja

Open-source invoice, expense & task management platform

Invoice Ninja Reviews

Pros

Luckily, the customer support team was fantastic - helped us figure out where the missing piece was and it looks like we've now got a product to do exactly as we need.

Michelle C.

Invoice Ninja makes it easy to generate invoices and track payments. It’s super customizable and there are so many useful features that I haven’t been able to use them all.

Shirley C.

Great, very easy to use, super flexible and amazing customer service.

Niv S.

Cons

There are limits on project management. Navigation can get confusing sometime because of not having back buttons.

Ryuta I.

What prompted this review was a series of trials and failures with different products and Invoice Ninja itself over about two months.

Michelle C.

When I find some I'll have to come back and fill this in.

An Amazing Invoicing Software that Will Leave You and Your Clients in Awe

Transcript

Alberto O.: Hi, I'm Alberto, the founder of the company that I own and manage. I grade Invoice Ninja...

The Best All Around Solution

Invoice Ninja is the invoicing solution I've always needed! Finally! But it's not just invoicing, it easily enables me to track my time, my income and my expenses as well (plus you can do even more with it if you want!). And it does this all at a very fair and affordable price for this sector. Many of the competitors are simply over priced, especially for sole traders that don't do a ton of business. It's also amazing that it is both powerful and easy to use. If you don't need to do much with it, then you can very quickly just get invoicing. For those who like to tinker and tweak or need more functionality, then it can do that too. It's rare to find both ease of use and powerful customization together.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup, yet at the same time the flexibility and functionality exceeds all other options I've tried in this sector.

Cons

There is one or two missing features that are key for me (combined currency income for example), but those are coming with the soon to be released next major version.

GREAT REVIEW!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to share! We're glad to have you as part of the Invoice Ninja community!

An Amazing Invoicing Software that Will Leave You and Your Clients in Awe

Invoice Ninja is an invoicing software that can make your business look that much more professional. For the small price tag, you get a very powerful, fully customizable system that will make your invoicing headaches disappear. We have linked Stripe and Authorize.Net to it with a simple copy and paste of the payment gateway key and within minutes we were charging customers. I highly recommend Invoice Ninja!

Pros

InvoiceNinja is extremely easy to use for both your team and clients. It allows for you to create customizable and nicely designed invoices and quotes. You can customize the messaging sent in email communications. It also gives your clients their own portals to manage their accounts.

Cons

Reoccuring invoices can be difficult to use and understand how they work. Also, when sending quotes they valid dates seem to end the day before in the evening and clients cannot accept the pricing sent so a new quote must be sent. There is also a lack of direct customer support and instead provide a knowledge base.

Thank you very much for your support & high recommendation! If you every need any support or have questions, we're at your service! Thanks again!

Awesome CRM and Invoicing Tool

This service has made it easier for me to do work that I need to do, managing client information and invoicing them.

Pros

I love that it is web-based. Also, it's a plus that it is open-source. It has got really useful features. I love that I can use it for CRM, invoicing and quotes. Clients also get their own invoice-payment dashboard too.

Cons

The only downside I could think of is there is no easy way to manually do curency conversion. They have an automated conversion, which works well. But, when I'm paid in a foreign currency, I need to use the currency conversion information from a different source. As far as I can tell, there isn't an easy way to do it custom like that.

Thank you for your support & fabulous review! We very much appreciate it!!!

Beware

They lied to us and I spent a week swapping over and now going back to quick books because you can only have 300 customers with a growth of just 100 a month. So I'm being penalized for growth so no way.

Pros

I purchased this program to get away from quick books and after talking to them about my customer load they made it sound like it was no problem. As soon as I sent out reacurring invoices they started flagging my account saying I had to many and it was considered phishing. I'm in trash collections and have over 1000 customers that's why I paid them money so I could have unlimited. I'm going back to quick books.

Cons

They liked to me saying I could have unlimited customers when they only let you have 300 and can only grow by 100 a month.

We allow unlimited customers & unlimited invoices. For NEW account only we limit 300 emails DAILY (9,300 monthly), to avoid spammers. The limit is increased each month an account is active.

Wonderful product!

Invoice Ninja was so easy to use, probably the easiest invoice platform I've used ever. The dashboard was comprehensive and stored the data in a user friendly and concise manner. I honestly can't believe how inexpensive Invoice Ninja is for what it does, and if you're looking for a sign to create an account and use the service, please consider this as your sign! You won't regret it!

Pros

The dashboard and the way data is stored. It's SO user friendly and easy to navigate, I never had a hard time finding the information I needed.

Cons

I have zero complaints! I never had any trouble using the service. I guess my singular complaint is that Invoice Ninja should stop selling themselves short and charge people what they deserve to be paid because this service is great.

FABULOUS REVIEW!!! Thank you very much for our kind words & being part of the Invoice Ninja community!

Gets the job done!

Pros

InvoiceNinja works out-of-the-box. It's easy and reliable and specifically designed for freelancers and SMEs.

Cons

Would love to see integration for platforms such as Payoneer and QuickBooks for payment requests and accounting. However, I understand that the lack thereof is probably more of an issue with respective providers. The proposal editor could use a rework as well to make it more intuitive.

Great review! Thank you for your kind words and being apart of the Invoice Ninja community! If you have any questions we're at your service!

A Happy'ish Invoice Ninja Client

I would like to see the clients phone number on the main Client screen. Some more updated youtube videos will be appreciated.

Pros

Invoice Ninja is easy to use and support has been very impressive when needed. I like that I can almost forget to do invoicing because it is done for you, especially recurring invoicing. It would be nice if statements could be sent out automatically on all overdue accounts.

Cons

I cannot always tell if clients have Viewed their invoices. Syncing with phone app not reliable for android. Proposals need some work. I am using Plutio.com for my proposals and digital signatures. The proposal sections look dated. More templates and a community that can share temples.

Thank you for your lovely review & great feedback/input! We'll definitely take your input into consideration as we release future updates!

Go Global with Invoice Ninja

Global Billing Single Payment gateway. Multiple users worldwide.

Pros

Hi., We have customers worldwide and we sell our subscription service to the customers for the shipping portal freightmarket.com Invoice ninja has helped us to expand globally by billing clients in multiple currency using a single payment gateway. Highly recomended for business trading worldwide

Cons

Simple to use and easy to understand. If you cant use Invoice ninja, you shouldnt be in business. Cheap pricing

Thank you very much for your great review, we're thrilled you love our platform!

Invoice Ninja is professional, reliable and cost effective

We wanted a way to configure recurring billing, the solution must integrate with Stripe and QuickBooks. Invoice Ninja gets the job done.

Pros

We are able to self-host Invoice Ninja on our cpanel website using Softaculous, other panels supported by Softaculous will also work.

Cons

Some functions aren't intuitive. For example importing takes some work. On the plus side forum support provided by the developer is excellent.

Great review! Thank you for your fantastic feedback!

Awesome software for a small business

This is a helpful way for me to manage my company's invoices especially on the go. It is perfect for my self ran business.

Pros

Easy to setup and use out of the box. Lots of information if you need help. Can create multiple companies and multiple users.

Cons

The invoice preview wasn't working for me by default. I had to download every invoice to just see what I was sending. I googled a small and simple fix. I just had to disable a setting and previews worked as expected.

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your kind words and having you on board, thank you! If you have any questions, we're at your service!

Has vastly improved my invoicing process and made easy what was once an arduous task.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, but is packed with features! Everything gets calculated automatically, and all of my clients' information is stored in one place. Probably the most valuable feature for me is the automatic email reminders, since some clients forget to pay me on time. I never have to go back and figure out who's paid me and who hasn't, since Invoice Ninja tracks this for me. I can even see who has Viewed my invoices, which is very helpful.

Cons

1. I think recurring invoices can be improved. Ideally, payments would automatically be drafted at each interval, rather than emailing an invoice for client to pay. Also, I'd like a better way to automatically display the correct service date range for quarterly invoices when the recurring invoices are generated. For annual invoices, I can use the year variable which would change each year, but for...

Thank you for your very kind review! Please email us and we'll help you setup auto-billing so your invoices are automatically paid. When editing a recurring invoice if you click the question mark next to the frequency select you'll see some more help. Invoice item taxes have been added to the export in our latest release.

Affordable Feature-Rich Small Business Invoicing Software

Invoice Ninja saves me a ton of administrative time as it allows me to track time spent on projects for clients, create quotes and invoices with ease, and doesn't have a plethora of "extras" that I'd otherwise be paying for (but not necessarily using) through another invoicing provider. Overall it provides me with the best value for an entry-level invoicing solution based on the features I currently need, so I don't see myself switching from Invoice Ninja for quite some time.

Pros

I settled on Invoice Ninja after trying a plethora of other free or low-cost open source invoicing platforms because it's super easy to navigate, and handles importing and exporting data with ease. Installing a self-hosted instance was a breeze and updates have always gone smoothly without causing any downtime for me. Managing client contact information to generate quotes or track time is simple, as is creating, sending, and getting paid for Invoices. I definitely recommend Invoice Ninja to any small business looking for a relatively simple and inexpensive invoicing solution.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Invoice Ninja, but there are a few things I'd like to see improved in future updates. Invoice Ninja's self-hosted installation & update process becoming easier through an automated installer / updater, similar to WordPress, would be great to see for those who are less technically savvy. I'd also love to see service tracking / ticketing implemented for repair tracking, and maybe even job tracking for businesses with mobile technicians or tradesmen, like plumbers or mobile mechanics. The Invoice Ninja team is very open with users about what needs fixing and implementing though, so I know they'll listen if enough people request a specific feature or report bugs.

Fantastic review! Regarding your feedback, right now we're working to launch a "ticketing" system that we also be used as a CRM & in-house tool for your team, you can see the video here for a pre-release demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3j2sCwrvc Thank you again!!!

After trial testing, I signed up for pro version and am very satisfied with it !

Pros

First of all, a multilingual app is great, more comfortable to work in your native language. One of the greatest feature in task and timer (timer can be installed directly on computer). In one click, task (with detailed timing) can be transformed in invoice, and a second click to send it to the client. I saved so much time with that !! Working in graphic design, invoice template is important to me....

Cons

Actually, I can not think of any cons. Of course, it is natural to want more and more features but comparing to other apps, this app is the best and more accurate. Moreover, after many topics on support forum, support helped me a lot to resolve all issues. And try to add new features or options to match these needs.

Thank you for your kind review! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the platform and features! If we can add anything or address any questions, we're here to help! Thanks again!

Outstanding software, easy to use, with amazing support.

Pros

Invoice Ninja is extremely easy to use, which is their main point. But that ease of use doesn't mean it doesn't have powerful features. There's plenty of functionality for freelancers such as myself to make getting paid a snap. The developers are also a top-notch group. Any time I've had an issue or a question, they're always quick to either fix a bug or point out exactly what I need to do to solve...

Cons

If I had to pick something to gripe about, it would be that the setup process for self-hosted can be a bit finnicky for beginners. But once you get the hang of it, it's really not that bad. Setting up my own deployment has helped me learn a lot about Linux administration, so it's a win in the end.

Wow! Great review! "Outstanding software, easy to use, with amazing support." this says it all! Thank you for much for your kind words and support!

I have been using Invoice Ninja for years now

The customers pay me on time!

Pros

This is free and open source invoice system. I have been using this for over two years and loved it! It is easy for my clients and me. It also helps my clients to understand what they owe and what the cost the products. I have used various payment gateways for this and have not had a single complaint from any of my clients. This software is highly recommended to anyone, and I have been telling my clients...

Cons

There is not one single thing I do not like about this software. If I didn't like this software, I would have gone with another invoice system.

Great review! This sentence says it all: " customers pay me on time" that is our goal! Thank you so for our kind review, we're super happy that it helps you GET PAID!

A great solution for small business invoicing.

Whether using the hosted version, or hosting yourself, Invoice Ninja is a great option for handling your small business invoicing.

Pros

The invoicing is super easy, and the recurring invoicing is a big plus to this software. Time tracker for tracking hours for billable billing...expense tracker as well...all easy to use features that I've been quite happy with. I switched from another service that I loved, but had become too expensive, and have been very happy that I switched as I have more features available with Invoice Ninja. One of the features I LOVE, is the ability to set up multiple companies on one login!

Cons

I would love to see an option for recurring billing setup with Paypal so my recurring invoice clients can "set it and forget it". I would also like to see a little more flexibility with template customizing via the admin, I had to make some changes via code, which isn't a problem for me, but less savvy users may find that a detriment.

Great review! We appreciate your kind words! We're working everyday to add features, and keep the pricing down! We're so happy that you found Invoice Ninja, thank you again!

Streamlined my invoicing and quoting

Invoice Ninja has allowed us to streamline our process for quotes and invoices. Since switching we are able to get quotes and invoices out to customers almost instantly without techs having to refer everything back to the office.

Pros

I love that I can access Invoice Ninja from anywhere whether I'm in my office or infront of a customer I can quickly put together a quote, lookup a product or send off an invoice. With the customer portal my customers know exactly where they stand, saving my staff time from having to look up information for customers. We love that customers can accept or decline quotes, and pay invoices right from their email or portal. Getting notifications when customers have completed actions such as viewing an invoice helps us know where our customers stand in the quote and invoice process.

Cons

I wish the project and time tracking modules were improved a bit, they don't exactly fit our needs, but it's not a deal breaker. I also would love to be able to add pictures of each product so that when the customer sees a quote or invoice they can see a picture of the product.

Invoice Ninja - Invoicing Made Easy

- Been over a year that I am using the software had no issues. - Other than connectivity issue with hosting provider. - Forums for assistance and help from others

Pros

- Easy of use - Customization of the software - Integration to payment gateways - Automatic Invoice Reminders

Cons

- No inventory option would be nice - Additional Columns to be added for customization - Mobile tutorials for users

Awesome review, thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback! It's appreciated!

Extremely easy to use, very clear and intuitive

I think the toggle menu on the right (displaying the latest invoices) is not necessary, so I just keep it closed.

Pros

I operate a small freelance business, and Invoice Ninja is perfect for my needs. I have no accounting/bookkeeping experience or knowledge, and I find that with Invoice Ninja, I can do everything I need to invoice my clients and get paid online very easily and quickly. Customer support is beyond anything I've seen before. When I've had questions or issues in the past, I've sent an email and received...

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review, we really appreciate it!

Invoice Ninja - Invoices

The “Estimates” and the “proposal” functionality is one of a kind for a product in this category.

Pros

Cons

Services and Products unable to be combined in single invoice when generated from expenses and tasks. For “tasks” the manually recording the hours is time consuming because it requires entry of the actual day time hours. The first thing the customer portal home page displays in 18pt font when my customer logs in, is the total amount the customer has paid (not owes, not billed, not quoted) since inception; to much information (TMI) With no advantage to any business.

Thank you very much for your review & important input! We'll work to improve/implement your requests with our upcoming v2 release in mid 2020!

Hands down the best value for money product we got for our business.

Pros

This software has streamlined our interaction with our clients like no other product. I can't remember the last time a client phoned and asked us to send a statement. Clients ask us what software we are using. Everybody who uses it is pleased with it. Now that we have been using it for a while, there is real value in seeing all the transactions in one place. New features are constantly being added. Response from support requests are always promptly handled. I love Invoice Ninja.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I am not happy with. There are no negatives. When multiple contacts are loaded for a company, the one that was loaded first, is always the one shown on the invoice, even after a different contact was selected. A minor issue.

Thank you for your stellar review!

We used to use Clearbooks... InvoiceNinja assassinated that.

Just better finance management. Its very clear in its operation. You can see at a glance whats happening within the company, how much money is owed and how much is earned every quarter etc. Brilliant. haven't found anything as of yet (using it for 6 months paid) and the monthly updates keep improving it. will edit this to reflect if any problems arise

Pros

We are a small digital company based in Scotland and were using clear books... then out of the blue Invoice Ninja got recommended by a client. Its transformed our company finances. Clearbooks had too much, other softwares had very little. Invoice Ninja is right bang in the middle, giving you the necessary tools to go ahead, which is excellent. They keep updating it so its better every month aswell. -Its extremely fluid and easy to use -updating it on the road with the app is excellent -its very clear cut, no clutter

Cons

Thank you for your excellent review! Please feel free to email us at contact@invoiceninja.com to let us know what features you'd like to see added next. In case you haven't seen it you can follow our roadmap here: https://trello.com/b/63BbiVVe/invoice-ninja

Support issues

My biggest problem is that support, even though respond very quickly, their responds are often not helpful or not detailed enough. One feature for paying with PayPal isn't working properly and instead of looking into it they suggest that I should contact PayPal, even though the problem is with Ninja. There is not enough information in the user's guide.

Pros

Easy to use with basic features. Quick response from support.

Cons

Support is fast but often not efficient enough. Some features are not working properly.

Thank you for your review, we are always working to improve our user support and hope you stay with us as we improve!

The Best Invoicing Program Out There!

Pros

Everything! This software is so easy to use and has provided me with effortless invoicing to my clients. I don't have a big business so having a free invoicing program that makes me look good is really awesome!

Cons

Honestly have nothing bad to say about InvoiceNinja

You're great! Thank you very much for taking the time to wrote your kind review, we appreciate it very much!

I have been an avid user for last ~6 months; excellent in all ways.

Pros

The product strikes me as having been built exactly to my needs. The functionality is complete, logically designed, and in keeping with the theme entrepreneurs crave "I want to get things done quickly and looking professional...". Customer service is incredible. Even after reviewing their well supplied help pages, sometimes I want to talk to a person. I have received responses in 5 minutes to 2...

Cons

Probably the nicest review we've ever received, thank you for your kind words!!