Invoice Ninja Reviews

4.92/5 (84 reviews)

Jason Woelfel

Has vastly improved my invoicing process and made easy what was once an arduous task.

Reviewed 2017-10-31

This software is so easy to use, but is packed with features! Everything gets calculated automatically, and all of my clients' information is stored in one place. Probably the most valuable feature for me is the automatic email reminders, since some clients forget to pay me on time. I never have to go back and figure out who's paid me and who hasn't, since Invoice Ninja tracks this for me. I can even see who has Viewed my invoices, which is very helpful.

Erik Wright

Affordable Feature-Rich Small Business Invoicing Software

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Invoice Ninja saves me a ton of administrative time as it allows me to track time spent on projects for clients, create quotes and invoices with ease, and doesn't have a plethora of "extras" that I'd otherwise be paying for (but not necessarily using) through another invoicing provider. Overall it provides me with the best value for an entry-level invoicing solution based on the features I currently need, so I don't see myself switching from Invoice Ninja for quite some time.

Aurore Noel

After trial testing, I signed up for pro version and am very satisfied with it !

Reviewed 2018-04-30

First of all, a multilingual app is great, more comfortable to work in your native language. One of the greatest feature in task and timer (timer can be installed directly on computer). In one click, task (with detailed timing) can be transformed in invoice, and a second click to send it to the client. I saved so much time with that !! Working in graphic design, invoice template is important to me. I tested many billing and invoicing systems. Finally Invoiceninja was the best choice. Nice templates for beginners. And customization allows good design (just need to work on code, but support and videos help you on that). Customer support is great, very quick (reply few minutes later) and very helpful. Clients propose various new features through the forum, and the dev team continue to improve the app considering clients feedback. Finally, invoices and quotes are so easy to create, there is no need to say more on that! Products list is a smart feature. Creating a catalogue of all products ans services makes invoicing very fast and intuitive. Once again, so much time saved. There is plenty of options in this app. Through features and custom fields, the app becomes your app, according your needs and your billing way. I can't wait to use Zapier to connect my shop with the invoicing app. After that, administrative works will not need anymore dedicated days on my calendar (only few minutes per month)

Mike S.

Outstanding software, easy to use, with amazing support.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Invoice Ninja is extremely easy to use, which is their main point. But that ease of use doesn't mean it doesn't have powerful features. There's plenty of functionality for freelancers such as myself to make getting paid a snap. The developers are also a top-notch group. Any time I've had an issue or a question, they're always quick to either fix a bug or point out exactly what I need to do to solve a problem. You don't get that from larger shops that have a bunch first-tier support people following a script. Having a developer team that communicates efficiently with the user base makes all the difference in the world. From an administrative standpoint, I could probably run it on a toaster as long as I had enough space for my database. If you choose to go the self-hosted route, there's no need for high-end VPS solutions. A single core with a gig of ram and some storage is more than enough to get you up and running.

Terry Hunt

I have been using Invoice Ninja for years now

Reviewed 2018-06-14

The customers pay me on time!

Anonymous

A great solution for small business invoicing.

Reviewed 2018-08-13

Whether using the hosted version, or hosting yourself, Invoice Ninja is a great option for handling your small business invoicing.

Eric Lemire

Streamlined my invoicing and quoting

Reviewed 2019-03-23

Invoice Ninja has allowed us to streamline our process for quotes and invoices. Since switching we are able to get quotes and invoices out to customers almost instantly without techs having to refer everything back to the office.

Laura Kloot

Extremely easy to use, very clear and intuitive

Reviewed 2017-10-10

I think the toggle menu on the right (displaying the latest invoices) is not necessary, so I just keep it closed.

Raymond O'Connor

Hands down the best value for money product we got for our business.

Reviewed 2018-01-13

This software has streamlined our interaction with our clients like no other product. I can't remember the last time a client phoned and asked us to send a statement. Clients ask us what software we are using. Everybody who uses it is pleased with it. Now that we have been using it for a while, there is real value in seeing all the transactions in one place. New features are constantly being added. Response from support requests are always promptly handled. I love Invoice Ninja.

Rio Perez

We used to use Clearbooks... InvoiceNinja assassinated that.

Reviewed 2017-06-05

Just better finance management. Its very clear in its operation. You can see at a glance whats happening within the company, how much money is owed and how much is earned every quarter etc. Brilliant. haven't found anything as of yet (using it for 6 months paid) and the monthly updates keep improving it. will edit this to reflect if any problems arise

CRM, Invoicing and Expense Tracking all in one platform

Reviewed 2019-02-11

Very satisfied with it. I really appreciate that they continue to improve the platform and roll out new features.

Vince Fulco

I have been an avid user for last ~6 months; excellent in all ways.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

The product strikes me as having been built exactly to my needs. The functionality is complete, logically designed, and in keeping with the theme entrepreneurs crave "I want to get things done quickly and looking professional...". Customer service is incredible. Even after reviewing their well supplied help pages, sometimes I want to talk to a person. I have received responses in 5 minutes to 2 hours which is among the best of the best of any service I have ever used over 2 decades. And they keep adding features, some of which I didn't even think about but have come to incorporate into my operations. I am envious of how high quality a product and service they deliver as i strive for similar in my business. Lastly, IN holds great value/cost relationship for small & young startups like me. I can not say enough good things.

Brandon BUCHANAN

The Best Invoicing Program Out There!

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Everything! This software is so easy to use and has provided me with effortless invoicing to my clients. I don't have a big business so having a free invoicing program that makes me look good is really awesome!

Anonymous

Invoice and the team running it are amazing!

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Fast and intuitive, allow me to manage my invoices, quote, recurring from one interface.

Lindsay Shaver

Highly functional and perfect for freelancers and those with lower volume invoicing needs

Reviewed 2018-06-27

I can see my metrics for cash coming in and payments made right when I log in. The ease of adding terms to the invoices, creating products/clients, and the beautiful interface are what keep me using it instead of looking for some other alternative.

Brad Mound

Self-hosted option has incredible features - more than most invoice/project software in the market

Reviewed 2018-05-02

- Client portal - Invoice customisation - Clean, user-friendly design - Self-hosting option - Low price - No monthly cost for self-hosting - No restrictions apart from white-label logo removal - Loads of settings for invoices, quotes, clients and payments - Support for accepting multiple payment gateways for invoice payments and support for payment gateway fees - Ability to setup recurring invoices - Very comprehensive invoice/quote auto-emailing system

Margaret Almon

Invoices with my branding and ability to accept payment with Stripe

Reviewed 2017-07-18

I went with the hosted paid version, which allows me to include my logo and custom number my invoices. I can keep a simple product list for filling in my invoices, and accept payments with Stripe. Clients have had no problem paying their invoices since I started in January 2017.

Anonymous

The best invoicing software on the market

Reviewed 2019-01-08

We used zoho and another alternative before, both were crap. Many more people should use invoice ninja, we are very very satisfied ! Our customers love their portal a lot as well.

Vincent Kuiper

searched for time registration, found an exceptionally well working program

Reviewed 2018-03-12

When I started to use Invoice Ninja, I didn't know all the options and possibilities nevertheless the opensource version was quick to install. During my updates and using the program I started to love the program and started exploring all features. All my yearly and monthly invoices are sent automatically and time registration is done with a breeze.

Ali Yocca

Huge value for the price

Reviewed 2017-09-04

On-time and easy payments from clients

Kaled Hammad

Self Hosted Invoice Ninja User

Reviewed 2018-11-17

Invoice Ninja has no competitors in it's class!

Anonymous

Very satisfied with this product and the support behind it!

Reviewed 2018-09-14

After years of searching for invoice software to meet my personal technological demand I found Invoice Ninja. I am absolutely blown away! Operating a small business is no task for the meek, but when your invoicing software allows you to document so much to one invoice you know you have your bases covered. This product meet ever want i have ever had to present to my customers. I am self hosted for the first time in my life and find myself released from my host's many charges. I chose white-label only to show my support for this wonderful product. Even the support and customer service professionalism rocks my world. Any speed bump I had during the installation process was immediately straightened out by "Keymaster" Hillel Coren via google search and previously answering issues. Thank you all deeply for such a finely tuned wonderful creation.

Michael Smith

Great App for Freelancers and Small Business

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Easy to create invoices for my clients, automatic follow up emails.

Juan Pacheco

The overal experience its been very successful over the last 2 years I been using the product.

Reviewed 2017-10-31

A central database with clients and providers, invoices, estimates, payments . they have a mobile app and also a time tracking software.

Anonymous

Invoice Ninja handles all my invoicing perfectly

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Invoice Ninja is extremely flexible, allowing me to automate my invoicing so that I can focus on growing my business. I use everything from the invoice reminders to the Zapier and Stripe integrations to provide a simple-to-use payment system to my clients.

Michael Bur am Orde

Absolutely amazing peace of software

Reviewed 2019-02-19

I use the self hosted version! 1) Very simple to install 2) Very simple to update 3) Very fast interface with direct preview of the invoice 4) Very comfortable api

Marco Boers

Awesome software for a great price (free self host or 20usd/year Whitelabel)

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Easier invoicing, getting paid faster through iDeal (online payment) and easier management of expenses and administration tasks.

Thomas Olesen

A simple solution to creating professional looking invoices that saves your time.

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Time saving and a more professional look.

Anonymous

This software is amazing and is able to handle simple and complex invoicing and project needs

Reviewed 2018-04-10

The open source software allows me to customize the application that suits me and fits around my business.

Lance Thompson

Excellent product, we have been using it for several years for various projects

Reviewed 2017-10-04

Hans Poelmans

Nothing but good words, if i encounter an issue i get allmost immediat response!

Reviewed 2017-06-01

Hassle free invoice creation

Gijs Rutten

Very simple but powerful peace of software for accounting/billing and some other useful features

Reviewed 2019-02-14

Managing clients and creating invoices through the REST-API. We use toggl for time tracking and zammad for tickets and all are connected with the REST API.

Graeme Roberts

Invoice Ninja handles all my freelance writing and editing business with ease and accuracy.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

It has made business simple for me, and immediate payment easy for my clients. I get paid the same day, because those are the terms I set.

Joshua Sharp

Get it. Pay the $80/yr or whatever it is for the fancy version. Be thrilled with the value.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

It does automated billing tasks that are beyond the ability of many other (much higher cost) software we've looked at.

Tom lawrence

This is an outstanding and well though out open source invoicing system.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

A simpler invoicing workflow for my company and an easier platform for our clients to pay us.

Blaise Clair

Unbelievable time saver!

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Easy to send invoices and manage incoming money

Gabriel Paravisini

Very happy with the invoice app, exactly what I needed

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Very easy to use Clean and straight forward Simple, with fundamental features Customize invoice capability

Anonymous

Invoice Ninja is an epic way to manage invoicing!

Reviewed 2018-12-19

It's been a great experience so far. They don't have anything unnecessary to waste time on, and it looks sharp. I haven't had any issues.

Mike Hosker

LOVE this software. Quite simply could not run my business without it. Support is excellent!

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Complete insights into my company financials and a streamlined invoicing process.

Erica Jarman

I use the free version in a very simple way for a one-woman tour operator business. It's perfect!

Reviewed 2017-09-05

It links to Stripe to take payments from clients online.

Sarah Patterson

Solid Option

Reviewed 2018-03-12

This is overall a really great option for most businesses. I love that it is open sourced and even the monthly fees for the paid tiers are extremely reasonable. The software was really easy to learn and implement. The free version allows you to add your logo and even included features like recurring invoices and read receipts when a client views or pays your invoice which I didn't see in most basic tiers of paid invoicing options out there.

Chris Mumby

Clear And Easy

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Time. Ninja cuts a lot of tedious paperwork for me. Checking for double entries is easy, checking clients is easy, checking everything is quicker and easier for me to do. The learning curve is gentle when changing from another invoicing software to Ninja and the whole feel is professional yet simple and clean.

Marco GG

I recently switched from a desktop software to Invoice Ninja and i am very Happy!

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Platform-independent. Works on my Mac, PC, Tablet and Smartphone. Very helpful customer support. Excellent Software-quality.

Kiko Seijo

Invoice Ninja review

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Firstly the great support, secondly the user experience that it's so intuitive. Overall feeling its a robust system. Congratulations to them team, them awesome on what they do.

Nicolas Caramella

Best invoice system for small online entrepreneurs

Reviewed 2017-09-04

The tool is simple and easy to learn, very versatile and their customer service is helpful, fast and friendly.

Patrick McMahon

Excellent invoicing and finance app

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Invoice ninja has been a free and easy way to start my business and invoice customers and keep track of my expenses. would highly recommend.

Clemens Mol

Amazing support, easy to use

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Invoicing used to take a lot of time, now its a matter of minutes per week. Also love the way customers can see and pay their invoices online, which also saves me a lot of time.

Nick Pagano

Super easy to setup and use. Makes it really easy to invoice customers.

Reviewed 2017-10-09

I love the live .PDF invoice creation. Overall it's just easy to use, and has all the tools that I need to invoice my clients.

Yonge Conv

Amazing must have for small shops

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Really helps in organizing and tracking billing.

Joe Ciavucco

Perfect in every way

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Invoicing clients quickly and easily

Braunson Y

Fantastic software

Reviewed 2019-03-09

Wonderful, would recommend to anyone looking for invoice management software (and then some)

Jason Pettys

Great invoicing solution for a small business wanting a simple affordable solution

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Does everything I want with the flexibility I want, and new features released regularly. The invoices look great.

Stefan van der Vliet

Saves me time and money!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

I like the option of self hosting the software the most! Also the recurring invoices are great.

Edward Beaman

Fulfills every invoicing need a business owner could possibly have

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Invoice Ninja provides every tool a business owner could possibly want when it comes to secure, accurate, and easy-to-use invoicing software. I've been using their invoice system for six months and everything is straightforward, clear, and very user-friendly. There are many great options in regards to payment gateways, invoicing customization, and the automation requirements I need as a busy small business owner. I can't imagine using anyone else now for my invoicing.

Perfect for Freelancers

Reviewed 2019-07-25

I'm very happy and my experience has been superb.

Gustavo Ritondale

I don't use all features InvoiceNinja has but I can only recommend it to any freelancer like me!

Reviewed 2017-10-19

It's fast, intuitive, full of features, highly customizable, and free! I tried several other free invoicing tools but InvoiceNinja beats all.

Alun Davies

Standout feature was the service. About 2 dozen emails answered with solutions in minutes

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-22

To early to say

Karen Baker

Exactly what I needed and nothing I didn't want!

Reviewed 2018-03-13

This is a wonderful invoicing option! It has all of the features I needed and was not at all complicated to set up and use.

Yannis Sintos

This is a great invoicing software

Reviewed 2017-05-18

I stopped using paper invoices and i have a clean view of my income.

STEVEN SOH

good and ease of use.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Alessandro Rinaldi

Brings the invoicing experience to another level :)

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Cuts down a number of tedious steps in invoice creation and following up with contacts. Makes invoice creation finally a painless experience.

Anonymous

At last a billing system that works

Reviewed 2019-02-03

will use this system from now on.

Arnaud Connois

Great product and great support !

Reviewed 2018-04-19

I have been using Invoice Ninja for almost a year now. Product is simple to customize and to use ! Support team answers fast.

Devorah Altman

Sending invoices to customers is now so easy.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-09

I have an easy and efficient way to bill customers and track it. I highly recommend Invoice Ninja.

Andrew Starodubtsev

all that the freelancer needs with invoiceninja.com

Reviewed 2018-03-21

To not start from scratch every time, using templates for writing an offer or a brief or a contract and to keep track of sent offers and received payments.

Maniruzzaman .

Nice to use.

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-20

Easiest interface. Overall financial reporting.

Gonzalo Casas

Simple, feature complete and a pleasure to use

Reviewed 2017-09-05

The super easy to use User Interface, the fact that is open source and the payment gateway integration.

Niv Shalgi

Unbelievable customer support!

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Great, very easy to use, super flexible and amazing customer service.

Dean Householder

Great self-hosted invoice system!

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Ability to invoice client's and have them pay online!

Works well with Stripe

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-04-12

Have only used it a few times when I needed a quick and simple invoicing tool that integrates well with Stripe.

Tom Camp

Great Product! Absolutely love using it and it blows the other invoicing systems out of the water.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Its easy of use. I love how nicely it works with uploading a logo, interfacing with other systems, and accepting a payment.

Dorin Croitoru

Had to leave this review

Reviewed 2019-08-14

It's amazing value for money. The developers added so much features and a good deal of freedom to customize for a lot of needs.

Immediately glad I switched

Reviewed 2019-06-06

I was looking for a billing solution with a robust feature set and integration with Zapier that a solo entrepreneur could afford. Invoice Ninja ticked all of my boxes. The customizations let me tailor my invoices without fighting with the interface. I have gone with the hosted solution, but I was impressed by the open-source option, in case I feel the need to customize further.

Avi Kaufman

Great but needs more features

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-04-25

I love the simplicity of creating new invoices.

Taylor Stewart

Best Open source / Paid solution

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-04-26

Highly active development. Quick support. Outstanding software. Haven't had an issue with this software at all, its highly stable.

Ryuta Iihama

Excellent invoice manager

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Compared to other invoicing software, Invoice Ninja has the open source version that is at no cost. Good invoice templates, nice customer support.

Charlie Xuereb

Top notch service and App

Reviewed 2019-07-18

10/10 app is the best I found on the market , customer support answers you within minutes .. Worth all the money 100% garanti

Menachem Pritzker

mind blowing experience

Reviewed 2017-10-09

Simple and easy to use invoice generation

Anonymous

Simple and easy to use invoicing tool

Reviewed 2019-02-15

The interface is super clean, it is very intuitive. You can have this up and running in absolutely no time

Jason Raimondi

Great, full featured.

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Easy to use. Easy to deploy. Full featured. Docker container.

Robert F. Cavalear M.S

Fantastic, what a great product!

Reviewed 2017-11-01

ease of use, based in the cloud, free starter product to get you going, there is nothing not to like about Invoice Ninja.

david king

Simple and effective

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Very simple, easy to start, cheap! Nice clean layout.

Alan mann