Square Invoices Reviews

4.69/5 (65 reviews)

Wynn Monty

Great Software!

Reviewed 2016-07-22

Square is invaluable to the operation of my business. Their invoicing system allows me to accept custom orders and delegate perfectly

Pros
Ease of use! Love that the invoicing allows you to set dates finances are due, the analytics are seamless, and it tracks customers emails for you allowing you the added bonus and ability to reach out to customers if you wish. Love this Software!

Cons
All credit information is keyed in by customer - resulting in higher fee's. If you do find an error with the invoice, any changes are automatically emailed to the customer. I feel this could be annoying to customers receiving multiple unnecessary emails. There should be an option to prevent this from being automatically sent.

Nick Pulver

Automated invoicing made easy

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
I can set up a new customer 1 time and invoices are sent automatically each month. This saves me a tremendous amount of time that allows me to provide more attention to my customers.

Cons
When invoices are sent via email, they are occasionally sent to a recipient's junk folder. I typically send the invoice, then call the customer to make sure they've received it. I'm not sure how to get around it, but it'd be nice knowing invoices won't get filtered on the receiving end.

Serenity Sullivan

Amazing quality for cost

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Easy affordable invoice creation, sending, tracking, and even payments. It's completely customizable and free to use the invoice section. Accepting payments through the program also has a very minimal charge compared to most.

Pros
This program allows me to make send and track custom invoices for my small business. I can upload my logo and pick a matching color scheme. The program saves my settings then allows me to create my invoice in seconds. Then send it to my customers and I can accept payment through the program for a very minimal fee compared to most sites. I also can use it completely free to keep track of all my invoices and payments.

Cons
Honestly there are no cons on this software. Normally price is the biggest issue but not here. I really have tired to find something bad here and cannot.

Amelia Dias

Overall a great software that is extremely user friendly.

Reviewed 2017-09-28

Pros
What I like most is how simple and straight forward the user face is to use for myself as a business owner to send invoices and for my customers to pay with.

Cons
What I like least about this software is its reporting. It is very minimal and not accurate. It is nearly impossible to a report for specific days and get correct totals. It should be as easy as "how much money did we make yesterday" but Square Invoicing does not have the feature.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Neal Idnani

Simple to use. Great for scheduling invoices and accepting payments

Reviewed 2018-07-31

ease of use. Simplification of our billing process.

Pros
Easy to use. Eliminates the need to collect credit card numbers from clients and enter in payments manually. Much more secure and clients seem to like it too.

Cons
Clients can store their billing information for future purchases. However, there's no way for them to apply a gratuity for bills automatically paid in this way. Then it necessitates an awkward conversation to ask for a tip.

Cristy Tucker

We use Square Invoices to allow our clients to file with their HSA/FSA for reimbursement.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
We like the ease of use, ability to invoice without hassle, and how it integrates into our payment system without issues.

Cons
The customer support seems lacking. When we have had issues we were unable to speak with a person and were continually referred to the website which was not helpful with our issue.

Erin Weigel

Easy way to get paid by your customers!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-07

Pros
I set Square up using my mobile phone on public transport. They make it very easy to get started. I like how once everything with my bank was arranged I could tailor the invoices look and content to suit my needs. As an individual entrepreneur it suits my needs perfectly for ad hoc payments from my vacation rental guests.

Cons
I wish I was able to manually key in CC numbers without needing to have a CVC or a postal code. As far as I can tell if I have the customer's CC number there's no way I can send the invoice as a kind of receipt and have it already marked as "paid". Perhaps it's just a weird edge case though that I do that sometimes...

Dan Zuefeldt

I depend on Square Register

Reviewed 2016-07-23

There are several features I need to make my business effort easier. I certainly need to spend less time with collecting money than I do making it.

Pros
Love the online invoicing capabilities it has so far. Love the phone app so far.

Cons
Relationship between app and online web access need major connection improvements. Editing capabilities of the line item in invoice statement need to be editable.........

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Best tool that I own on my phone

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
I like how I am able to complete transactions/send invoices right there on my phone without making a trip to the bank

Cons
I honestly dont have any cons about this product. It has helped me tremendously with my business. Overall great product.

Michael P Moran

We were looking for an app just like this

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-20

Pros
We had used many invoice apps, and nothing did everything we needed until Square came out with their Invoice app. For starters, it is quick and easy to use, super fast to fill out an invoice. Once filled in, review and send in matter of seconds. You will be notified if the customer pays, if not, you can quickly send a reminder, and if they fail to pay by the due date, you will receive notification again. Keeps a running tab of total amount of invoices sent, what has been paid and what is still due. Super easy to customize with your own logo, and keep customer credit card on file for future purchases. It only takes a second to resend receipts and cancel invoices also. Highly recommended.

Cons
The only thing I can come up with, and I am being nit-picky here, is it would be nice to be able to swap out different logos for different projects. Not a HUGE issue though.

Amber Hazelwood

Love this feature!

Reviewed 2016-07-26

I love this feature. It makes my life so much easier! The cost of it is not to high but completely worth the money.

Pros
The ability to save customers, chose to send now or later, picking the due date those are all nice.

Cons
If I could add new items from the invoice page that would be extremely helpful! Also the mobile version of adding invoices from my phone is a pain and doing it from my iPad isn't easy either.

Angela Lang

So far, the best I've found

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I really appreciate Square having invoices that are customizable and attractive to the customers. They just recently added a few new features to the invoices that I have wanted for almost 2 years, so I am thrilled to see the nice changes made to make it even better.

Pros
I can customize how my invoices look and how they are worded.

Cons
No complaints so far now.

Scott Friend

Fantastically easy to use but a bit expensive.

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Faster and easier payments from customers.

Pros
I love how easy it is to create an invoice in my web browser OR in my smartphone app. I also love the fact that customer/vendors can now opt to save client payment information securely on their systems to make payments faster and easier. I definitely get paid faster, on average, by using Square Invoices.

Cons
Payments made using their Invoices system are exempt from the instant deposit feature, according to their user terms. So if a client pays their bill by way of an invoice, I can't use the instant deposit feature - I have to wait until the next deposit cycle. I would also really like some better and further customization on invoice creation.

Ariel Meneese

Easy to use, not enough features available on the mobile app

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-12-05

We are able to send invoices to customers so easily and have the customers be able to pay them with ease as well. It's really a great system!

Pros
I love how easy it is to create an invoice in a matter of minutes! The invoices also look really nice without having to customize a whole lot.

Cons
On the mobile app, there isn't an option to request shipping address when creating an invoice. That is a major downside to how we use the system and would a really nice feature to have in the future. It would also be nice to be able to create invoice templates to be used on the mobile app.

Juliusz Dzierlatka

Great invoices by square

Reviewed 2016-11-06

I have my whole restaurant supported with Square, and most importantly by square invoices. I can see my restaurant's daily earnings

Pros
The detailed statistics, all mailed to me, and printable

Amazing, easy and effecient

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Pros
Its easy, its quick and most of all, i can send invoices right from my phone. It's absolutely the best!

Rick McCune

Great Product! Makes my life much easier.

Reviewed 2016-07-25

The program is thorough and very easy to use, and it keeps track of the outstanding invoices that I have.

Pros
It's ease of use.

Cons
The customer list duplicates customer names, and you have to go in and delete duplicates every so often.

Patricia Hamm

Great solution for my small online business

Reviewed 2016-07-23

I have been using Square invoices to collect payments for my online jewelry business since they were made available. I find Square to be so dependable that I dropped my individual merchant account and Paypal, using Square exclusively.

Pros
If you follow good business practices and keep good documentation Square will back you up in case of charge back attempts. Money is deposited into your checking account quickly.

Cons
Received notice that invoice rates will go up in September to the same rates charged by Paypal.

Square invoices

Reviewed 2018-08-10

I am using the invoices to manage deliveries and payments for baked goods

Pros
Invoices are easy to create, copy and update.

Cons
I cannot edit an invoice after it’s been marked paid. This is really a problem if it’s been marked paid in error. It’s also impossible to mark a partial payment in an invoice. I have a customer that makes partial payments and that’s forcing me to keep the invoice in an overdue state until it has been paid in full.

Mallisa Mott

Simple and Straight forward

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
We love using Square within our business because all of their software is so user-friendly. We use the Square Invoicing for our wholesale clients and it's made it even easier for them to pay their invoices online.

Cons
I wish Square invoices would sync with Quickbooks invoices since we use Quickbooks Online for the majority of our wholesale record-keeping.

LOVE this software!

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Pros
With the type of invoicing we do as a social media marketing firm, Square supports our needs. It is quickly, easy to use and keeps us highly organized and looking professional

Cons
I would like to have more options for invoice designs. I found them to be a bit limited - but definitely not a "con" that would stop me from using this software.

Kirk Gee

A HUGE benefit to small business!

Reviewed 2016-07-27

Square services have become the lifeline of my small business revenue stream. I've been using Square for over 4 years and it has evolved into a slick, easy-to-use and indispensable tool!

Pros
Quick and easy!

Cons
Not always as flexible as I would like but it is getting better in that area too. Sometimes it is not obvious to the client that receives the emailed invoice template, where to click to enter credit card payments.

Annie Moore

Recurring payments could be smoother

Reviewed 2018-02-08

I'm able to charge my clients for services at a cost less than other merchant services.

Pros
I do like the ease of check out at the terminal, however, it would be nice if there were a way to just charge a tip without a purchase--for the monthly autopay clients. It seems to be the best system I have used besides the invoice issue.

Cons
I have members who are on auto-pay. Square has an invoice system that the client has to click pay and save card to file. If the card is not saved they will have to click pay again when the invoice is sent next month. They also charge more for this type of payment. In today's world of technology there are much better ways to handle auto payments.

Kyla O'Neill

Great, Easy Way to Get Paid!

Reviewed 2017-01-09

I've been using Square invoices since they launched. I run a product-based business and using the invoice feature at wholesale trade shows has been amazing! I use the program on my iPad so I can quickly scroll through products with a buyer and select the items for their order. Since a lot of wholesale orders are not paid upfront, I can send the invoice in an email to be paid at a later date. I can easily edit the orders after the show and send reminders as the due date approaches. On the buyer's end, the process is really simple. They receive an email with the itemized order and your customized note. With a click on the "Pay" button, they can quickly enter their payment information and submit--no need to sign in or create an account. I loved that the processing rate for invoices was the same as running a credit card in person, but unfortunately, the rate increased in fall 2016. Because of that change, I direct customers to place orders through my online store instead, but I still can't beat the ease of use in the busy trade show setting, so I will continue to use invoices for that.

Crystal Gullo

Great feature

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
We are an all cash practice and the square invoice feature allows us to bill patients immediately when they forget their card, mis-calculate their cash, or have a denial. It prevents the awkwardness that comes from sending a statement days after treatment. They even have the option to save a payment form.