Bill4Time Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.46/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently.

FC

Francisco C.

I like the program and love the support staff. I love a secure platform for my records.

JA

Jane A.

This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

LC

Lisa C.

Sometimes I lost my last entrance and confused it one to the next one, repeating info.

AC

Angel C.

Limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed.

Cd

Microsoft Excel

Replicon-logocaret

Replicon

Compare both
How would you rate Bill4Time?

easy affordable

Customer Support Is Fantastic

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons

Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Bill4Time is worth your time

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Bill 4 Time

Our firm has had a great experience with Bill4Time. It makes our billing and invoicing process much simpler and less time consuming.

Pros

Bill4Time was extremely easy to implement to our law firm. The software makes it extremely easy to enter time from any place, whether it be in the office or on the beach. Creating invoices is also simple as is the ability to send them directly from the software.

Cons

Sometime the link between the program and the invoice takes a number of tries to work.

Bill4Time user for more than ten years-very happy with it

Excellent-vital and essential tool for my practice. Using it now for more than 13 years.

Pros

Ease of entry and reporting, including new dashboard

Cons

Bill set up a bit cumbersome but not really a problem.

"Would highly recommend!"

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons

I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.

Exceptional customer service!

Our experience has been a very positive one and we especially love the customer service and how the employees follow up to see how you're doing after an issue had been notified and fixed.

Pros

We're very happy with this product and all of our attorneys use it to enter all time entries for work performed. I especially like how easy it is to locate the case and enter the time worked.

Cons

Double entries were common before, but it seemed the company has fixed that problem.

Great for small businesses!

My experience has been only good.

Pros

I have used Bill4Time since I started my solo law practice 3 years ago. It has all the features I need for maintaining my time records, creating invoices and monitoring my accounts receivable and receipts. I set everything up on my own and have managed to easily use it with little need for support. And it is a great value!

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the product.

Have Bill4Time, Will Travel. And Invoice.

Catching time on the fly

Pros

Mobility is very handy. There is a considerable ability to make reports

Cons

Occasionally it takes a minute to catch up on the mobile device. I do have trouble getting invoicing to go smoothly. There are a lot of variables and a set system sequence to arrive at getting the payments applied to the right matter and getting the invoice finalized. The intuitiveness is there, but there is quite a lot to be intuitive about- many settings.

easy affordable

the support was terrible - but we rarely needed it. The platform went down on occasion - but it was rare.

Pros

this software was straight forward and functional - no fancy bells and whistles but it had the basics and worked well for a remote staff and multiple offices

Cons

it was missing tasks/workflows. That was the only thing missing - overall the best software I have seen for the price - by far

Bill4Time has made our internal billing process easy. Everything is easy to access and understand.

We were able to easily transition from outsourced to internal billing. It has saved us time and money with our accountant and has made it very easy to gather all the information we need in real time.

Pros

It is very easy to record, view, and edit time entries, and have them automatically feed into invoices. All the reports we need are there, and anytime we find a need with no report, the customer service at Bill4Time has been amazing with quick responses and solutions for our needs. Recording and applying payments has now become very easy, and the management of trust funds is also a great feature.

Cons

It's not always apparent to me which report will be the best for the data I need to view. I often have to do a lot of trial and error when selecting reports.

Thank you for your review Alanna!

Bill4Time is intuitively easy to use.

Pros

Our firm is a virtual office, so cloud-based SaaS is a must. Bill4Time has easy to use LEDES invoicing, and great reporting functions, and you can specify the data you want to focus on. In my practice, I haven't found anything that I need that Bill4Time doesn't do.

Cons

We've been using the service for over 4 years and earlier on, there was some funkiness involved when trying to create an invoice; however, they've appeared to fix this.

Great Billing Program

Pros

Bill4time is very easy to use and the transition form our old billing program was seamless. I really like that we are able to have the developers create custom reports that fit our needs.

Cons

So far I have found nothing that I don't like.

Experience using with Tax/Accounting firm

I have been working with Bill4Time for a number of years and the overall experience has been very good.

Pros

ease and flexibility of use, able to record time in arrears or make changes; able to write extensive description of work performed

Cons

Would prefer a report that is more customizable for columns to be displayed. Reports being printed are too limited in presentation. I use the detail report as support detail to accompany a company billing.

Bill4Time

Pros

Bill4Time is really easy to use. The best feature is that you can see all of your unbilled clients on one page, how much you have not billed them, etc. It is so much easier than other billing software because you just click to generate the invoice. Also, the batch billing makes it super easy to create all invoices at once.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about the software. The only thing i have noticed is that Smokeball billing has more features, but for me those extra features are not necessarily needed so I like the simplicity of Bill4Time.

Hitting the ground running

The cross platform experience is really great. The support for my small questions or glitches has been perfect. Honestly, I couldn't think of a way to improve the experience.

Pros

I put in minimal amount of information and was tracking my time on my first day of use.

Cons

Customizing invoices is a bit of a challenge, I suspect because it is pulling information from a variety of fields. Like any data base software application, you have to be careful about how you are utilizing the fields to avoid GIGO.

Bill4Time: Less time on billing.

I have saved a lot of money by using this software, and I would have otherwise had to spend a lot of time and money.

Pros

The software has a very reasonable price for the number of users you are allowed, and the functionality. There are multiple configurations that each client can have depending on the fee structure, and I have never had a problem with creating a billing agreement that could not be expressed in this software.

Cons

It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Easy to Use

I have been using B4T for over 12 years now and have always found it easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Love that I can do all my billing, invoicing and payment tracking in one location.

Cons

The latest app update was a huge improvement but more work is needed to improve efficiency & ease of use. Greater integration with lawpay would be good as well as use by solos.

great billing program

Great. A user-friendly interface allows you to quickly input your time. Extremely customizable. great customer service

Pros

simplicity. A user-friendly interface allows you to quickly input your time. Extremely customizable. great customer service

Cons

I really do not have any cons. i have tried many billing programs and again, this one's simplicity is amazing

Satisfied User

This software provides our firm with everything needed. When there is an issue on how to accomplish out of the ordinary day-to-day use, the support staff responds quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to navigate from opening new clients and projects, entering time and billing clients monthly.

Cons

At this time, there are no cons for this software.

Best billing platform out there.

Always loved it. Always will. It's just great.

Pros

Easy to use, seamless, easy to understand, reports are clear and comprehensible, really just everything.

Cons

Any way we can increase the maximum size for individual file uploads? At least in a way that won't jack the rates up??

Bill4Time is the backbone of our business

Love it!

Pros

It is easy to create new clients, projects and then track all project related billable time and expenses. Generating invoices at the end of each month is an easy and accurate process.

Cons

None really. We are happy with the entire workflow process.

Excellant Software

Its very good experience

Pros

Its user friendly approach and easy to insert the data and get output and various reports for analysis on real time basis

Cons

Tasks management since its not integrated with Office 365 hence difficult to use

Enjoy the ease of this software

Pros

I really like the option of adding/creating multiple cases under one client without having to duplicate the client. I also like the Add Expense option, which allows you to specfically categorize what your expense is (i.e. mileage, copies, filing fee, etc)

Cons

I wish they would create an app for it for cell phones. I have a habit of forgetting to enter time that I need to enter whenever I am out of the office (i.e. phone calls with clients on the weekend or in the evenings).

Why B4T

Benefits: help a easy control of expenses by project and fees.

Pros

I like the most it ease use. The easy undestanding for new collaborators of the company.

Cons

It would be good if it had an interface in Spanish.