All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Bill4Time Reviews

Pros

The software is easy to follow and figure out, very user friendly. With both a web-version and an app, it's super easy to keep up to date on your billing no matter where you are.

Julie B.

Read the full review
Within seconds I always get an answer to my questions. I love the chat feature and all of the representatives are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Cassandra J.

Read the full review
The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database.

Read the full review

Cons

When i am going to enter my times to the bill4time its a little boring because it doesn't have check spelling.

Read the full review
Limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed.

Carlos d.

Read the full review
It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Read the full review

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports...

Cons

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

Pros

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of...

Cons

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance: 1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this...

Bill4Time user for more than ten years-very happy with it

Excellent-vital and essential tool for my practice. Using it now for more than 13 years.

Pros

Ease of entry and reporting, including new dashboard

Cons

Bill set up a bit cumbersome but not really a problem.

Disappointed

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Time and Money Saving Software

Easy set up. User-friendly. Cost efficient. Bill4Time enables a small company to have the organization, efficiency, and the professional look of a large company without the large cost. The cost fits in our budget.

Pros

We love the ability to have live billing numbers, the opportunity for look-back, and the ability to attach client expenses to the billing.

Cons

As of now, I'm not sure of anything that I would change.

Great product for law office

Very easy to use in all capacities, from entering time and expenses, creating invoices, editing, reports, etc.

Pros

I really like the reports tab...I can run just about any kind of report very quickly and easily.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. There may have been some things in the past that I "wished" bill4time would have, and when I would ask for help if it existed, and if it didn't exist, it does now. Updates are happening without any interruption to our use.

Almost Does it All

Pros

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Cons

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Great, very easy to use

Pros

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

Cons

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Perfect for service business

Exceptional

Pros

It is perfect for use - never been easier to manage invoices and follow up with clients. Our accounting is virtually on Bill4time. Excellent product

Cons

Mobile App could be more user friendly and easier to navigate

Great customer support

The folks who work in customer support are always ready to help. I'm not a computer wizard and they know how to help you without making you feel like a complete idiot !

Pros

Customer support is great. I usually have an answer very shortly after I send an inquiry. Also, I used Timeslips for years and I love how much more flexible this program is.

Cons

I don't like that I HAVE to have a matter and a client. I would prefer to have a choice to only have a client.

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Pros

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Satisfaction

My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be...

Pros

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

Cons

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Pros

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training. Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite. The integration with QuickBooks works well. The iphone app is well done.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move). Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's...

Great Product and Support

Overall, I am pleased. The software is very easy to use to track time and expenses. Support is very good. The accounting features take some learning and could be made easier. Nice integration with Box too.

Pros

The software has a lot of useful features such as allowing you to bill by the hour, flat, or contingency. I use all three fee arrangements so this feature is crucial.

Cons

In terms of the user interface, it is not the most appealing software. Everything is basically blue, white, or grey. There is a helpful dashboard, but overall, it might benefit from some redesigning.

Mac user

Excellent.

Pros

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Cons

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.

Great Billing System and Great Value

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Pros

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance...

Cons

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

Pros

It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Cons

Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Excellent Product for a New and Continuing Users

Migrating to B4T has been a great move for our office. When I have had questions, it has been simple to do a quick chat or call to help me navigate my way. This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

Pros

We used another billing product which was specific to our business, but really inadequate for the practice. This has been a great change for us. The set up was easy. It is user-friendly overall - not just for hourly billing - but for info, expenses and accounting for each client including adding the receipts for the client's review. Additionally, the available reports make it simple to see who is billing how much, which payments have been made in any specific period and help us with work and cash flow.

Cons

The only issue that I have is when I am adding multiple expense or time entries, I occasionally end up with an open item that I am not sure is captured or not. This may be due to my method of entry, but it requires me to double back and recheck it.

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button....

Excellent Product; Better Support

Pros

The software itself is fine. What stands out, however, is the technical support. They not help with software questions, but help even more with correcting bookkeeping errors. We have gone to a virtual firm model, so each attorney handles more and more of the day to day administrative functions, including billing and bookkeeping. To know you have someone to call who can generally take the time to walk through and correct mistakes and provide technical assistance is critical.

Cons

As with any software if you were to develop it yourself (assuming you had the ability to do so) you would do it differently in some regards. For instance, I usually enter time for a day on the following day. it would be nice to not have to change the date for each entry, but to change the date just at the start and keep it on that date until you manually change to a different date. This is a nit and relates to how I do things. I'm sure I could come up with other nits, but overall the program works and works well.

Great Billing Software

Great product and great customer service.

Pros

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

Cons

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.

Great for Sole Practitioners needing task management and billing software

It's completely changed my practice. I no longer get distracted and find time slipping by without billing. I track my billings now and meet targets. It's the "assistant" I have been looking for.

Pros

It is exactly what I need. Most of the task management software for lawyers is designed for litigation and big firms. I needed more of a task management software that would help me keep track of matters and clients and deadlines, but not all of the bells and whistles and certainly not at the price of other companies. Bill4time is the exact software I need - it actually makes me more efficient and helps my focus - it keeps me on task and has improved my follow up with clients.

Cons

The name - I initially thought it was just a billing software but it is so much more.

Tech with a Human Touch

A colleague recommended Bill 4 Time to me many years ago. Since then, I've recommended it to every lawyer I know. It's easy to use, completely customizable, inexpensive and if you have a problem, there's always a human available to help. Billing is a breeze every month with this program. I love it!

Pros

It's very easy to learn and it's inexpensive for the service you get

Cons

I wish that I could list matters that I'm working on according to both the client and the matter instead of just the client. Sometimes I have two or 3 different matters open for the same client, but I can't tell at a glance which entry is the one I want to work on next.

I Enjoy Working With Bill4Time

I think Bill4Time is as easy or as complex as the user makes it. It fits those of us who are not really accounting types as well as those who are pros. I am able to add users, clients, projects, activities, tasks, etc...quickly, and easily. That means a lot to our small business.

Pros

1. I like being able to associate budgets to clients. This is very helpful if it involves a fixed bid project. We don't want to go over budget or under. Running the Budget Report every few days keeps our projects inline with the client's expected investment. 2. I like the new dashboard. It's much more convenient and fun. 3. It's easy to add in contractors when needed. It's easy to give them the access I want them to have. It's also easy to set contractor's rates.

Cons

I would like to be able to include sub-projects (or phases) under a parent project. This would be very convenient. I would like more control over the report formating. I've noticed that some really wide reports are generated on portrait layout PDFs. Sometimes we have all hands on deck and are really busy. I would like the software to send out an alert when hours logged are within 10% (or a user-defined percentage) of the associated budget. This would keep us from accidentally going over budget.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.