Bill4Time Reviews

Bill4Time

Cloud-based time billing software

4.71/5 (82 reviews)

Pros
  • The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Customer support is excellent. We had timeslips prior to Bill4Time and we are so happy that we made the change.Veronica S.Read the full review
  • I would mention the ease of use, ease of implementation, the cost is amazing.Lynda R.Read the full review
Cons
  • When i am going to enter my times to the bill4time its a little boring because it doesn't have check spelling.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed.Carlos d.Read the full review
  • It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jason Hunter

Clean, easy to use billing software

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros
The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Matthew Byers

Almost Does it All

Reviewed 2020-04-03

Pros
It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Cons
I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Ellen Weisman

Disappointed

Reviewed 2019-05-09

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros
That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons
After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Julia Baigent

Best Small Office Law Practive Software Ever

Reviewed 2020-03-17

Love it. Simple and fast. Great reporting.

Pros
It is very intuitive and easy to use. I can enter time and run reports in no time flat.

Cons
Would love to be able to link expenses from my bank account to be able to run an income and expense report.

Tama Threlkeld

The perfect fit

Reviewed 2020-01-11

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros
The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons
I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

William Flevares

Money Well Spent

Reviewed 2020-01-02

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros
Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons
Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Christine Williams

Great Billing System and Great Value

Reviewed 2020-04-16

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Pros
B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her. Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

Cons
I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Liana Colon Valentin

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

Reviewed 2020-05-11

I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

Pros
It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Cons
Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Gonzalo Alarcón I.

Cost - benefit best alternative

Reviewed 2020-04-13

Very good

Pros
Easy to use, intuitive alternative and the best alternative from a cost-benefit analysis.

Cons
The iPhone app.

Mark Nerenberg

Have Bill4Time, Will Travel. And Invoice.

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Catching time on the fly

Pros
Mobility is very handy. There is a considerable ability to make reports

Cons
Occasionally it takes a minute to catch up on the mobile device. I do have trouble getting invoicing to go smoothly. There are a lot of variables and a set system sequence to arrive at getting the payments applied to the right matter and getting the invoice finalized. The intuitiveness is there, but there is quite a lot to be intuitive about- many settings.

Owen Gabrielson

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Reviewed 2020-04-29

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Pros
The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training. Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite. The integration with QuickBooks works well. The iphone app is well done.

Cons
The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move). Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice. The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!) Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ashton Cary

The perfect solution

Reviewed 2020-01-02

I run a small business that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years. Our work load is sometimes overwhelming. Bill4Time allows us to track our work and bill for our services and it is very simple to use and this allows us to spend the majority of our time performing our work that we are paid for. I looked at several similar online project management services and chose B4T. I am glad that I did.

Pros
Our company deals with over 100 clients, each of which has numerous projects. Bill4Time allows us to track our time on each project, produce invoices quickly and track payments and receivables. As with any complex software there is a learning curve. Bill4time was very easy to implement. Any questions or how to's they are always available to help.

Cons
All in all I really don't have any complaints.

Shana Baldwin

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Reviewed 2017-10-05

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros
The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Ann Morelli

Well worth the money

Reviewed 2020-01-02

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros
Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons
There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Leslie Bower

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them. What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros
Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Anonymous

Billing is easier with this software!

Reviewed 2018-08-09

Pros
We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons
There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Carlos de Hoyos

Good sftware

Reviewed 2020-01-16

easy to bill

Pros
cloud base -easy to use, the app is pefect

Cons
limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Carin Zemel

Easy to use, essential tool

Reviewed 2020-01-02

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros
It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons
Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Tracy Stalling

Bill 4 Time changed my life

Reviewed 2020-01-02

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros
The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons
Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Jake Hinkins

Customer Support Is Fantastic

Reviewed 2017-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros
Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons
Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Norm Robinson

Great Time and Billing Program in the World!

Reviewed 2020-05-20

I've used it for several years and I depend on it implicitly. My business is 100% time-billed. This keeps me organized and I make certain every client pays what they should for our work - no less, no more. It takes the guessing out of my business. My clients like the invoices too (except the total amount due :)

Pros
Ease of use. Easily customizable. Mobile or desktop. Accurate. It makes certain I don't "lose" any time during the day. Time is money!

Cons
I haven't found anything that is not there that I need. It's great.

Nanci Sebo

Bill4Time is worth your time

Reviewed 2017-11-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros
This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons
There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Archana Bala

One Stop Shop For Professionals

Reviewed 2020-01-03

- Time saving - Superb for accounting - REcievables management - Resource management and training tool - Excellent for keeping track of expenses

Pros
From management of resources to billing and recovery this software has all you need as a small / mid sized business. I have used it from day 1 of being independent - for 5 years now and I can say that it has minimized accounting functions substantial and provides real time data which is very useful for busy professionals.

Cons
Web interface is a bit heavy and slow to use

Raychael Urquidi

"Would highly recommend!"

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Pros
" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons
There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Jim Kurkhill

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

Review Source: Software Advice

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros
Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons
I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.