AlayaCare Reviews

Pros

As a software integrator and developer, we loved that Alayacare (compared to other home care softwares) had a rich and maturing API.

We have had great support from our AlayaCare support team. They have answered all of our questions and provided us guidance when needed to ensure we were comfortable using the product.

Kelley S.

It was a new product, so I appreciated the ambition and excitement of the developers.

Melanie B.

Cons

Payroll - we are unable to set up pay rates for specific clients. Unfortunately the current pay rate features and functionality do not work for our company.

Shena M.

Shena M.

John W.

Best Homecare Software

Our company has increased its billing turnaround time through this system. We have also made our field staff happy by making everything real time (including ensuring that they get paid on time once paperwork is submitted).

Pros

The ease of use by internal and external staff is amazing. They are constantly looking to improve the software to make it even better (if that is possible).

Cons

The data exploration was cumbersome in the beginning as it has a lot to offer. With that being said, once you get familiar with it, it actually isn't as difficult as originally anticipated.

More of a Partner than a Vendor

Our experience with AlayaCare has been great. We have no intentions of switching to another provider. The AlayaCare team is committed to making the platform work, and work well, for their customers. If there's been something that we've needed, they've ever helped us to get it, or given us clear timeframes on when those items are road-mapped to be developed into the system.

Pros

I absolutely love the customizable form builder and the workflows that can be adjusted related to those forms. It has allowed our business to create our own solutions to situations that are specific to our us. The drag-and-drop scheduling is great as well. Our new scheduler picked up on the system after 30 minutes of training on his very first day, and was able to start helping out our team right away. I also love the shift offers that can be sent out directly from AlayaCare. We send texts directly to multiple staff members for open shifts, and it is a huge time saver for us. The Waystar integration has been a blessing to us as well for sending our electronic claims to Medicaid. We can click a button in AlayaCare and our claims are received by Waystar instantly.

Cons

The medications module. I cringe when I get a new or changed medication. It is time consuming (many fields are marked as required), and in current state, we are not able to make simple changes to meds such as changing the administration times of a medication without first discontinuing the med altogether and then re-entering the whole thing. The meds module also seems to load much more slowly than other modules in AlayaCare, so I often am sort of waiting for the page to load with my most recent changes.

A good solution for most customers

Overall it's been pretty positive, albeit with some caveats. Technical frustrations have been noticeable but the excellent support people have made up for this to an extent--they even flew someone out to help us with onboarding.

Pros

Form and report builder are easy-to-use for the most part, and are improving albeit rather slowly through updates. AlayaCare is an all-in-one tool for many healthcare providers, although has some issues for those who require more (see cons section). Data collection is very good and allows for identifying underperformance and bottlenecks within the company. Tech support is very courteous, friendly, and takes requests seriously.

Cons

Some functions seem to be more complex to use than they need to be, for this reason I wouldn't call it intuitive for the most part--non-technical employees will almost definitely need training. Also, even though support is very friendly, it seems it often takes a long time for even the most simple of bugs get fixed.

Too top-heavy

Frustrating. I see the potential but the execution right now is not good overall. The Data Exploration module for large periods of time has been unusable, and our company lives and dies on reports to our funders. Whenever I complain about the data exploration problems, they offer solutions for a very hefty fee. This should be something they're fixing, not us.

Pros

Employee tracking can be incredible. However, in areas with limited internet access, the off-line mode can be extremely unreliable. Data Exploration is intuitive and easy to use. Integration with other services can be a godsend.

Cons

The one-day delay between data input and access to data exploration is a killer and inhibits all aspects of daily business, sometimes adding a week to an otherwise 30 minute process. The off-line mode for caregivers is unreliable and clumsy to use. Technical support is too bureaucratic, requiring multiple zoom meetings when a simple email exchange should suffice. I always have to repeat the problem...

AlayaCare software review

Pros

The mobile software that be used on a smartphone is great. Love that it links to clients address and phone number. Clocking in and out feature is great.

Cons

Would be more helpful if different client statuses could be colour coded. i.e. discharged clients in red etc. On the desktop mode it requires many clicks to get where you need to get to.

HCR Home Care

While it has helped us with scheduling, the implementation has been more difficult than expected. We are looking forward to more changes/improvements in the near future.

Pros

We appreciate the flexibility we have within the system.

Cons

It has been a challenge to develop process work arounds to meet our needs. Custom report tool frequently doesn't provide access to what we need. Frequently experience sluggishness and time out errors.

AlayaCare Review

I do feel that long-term this system will streamline our process if the adjustments we request are taken care of. However, it seems that a lot of tickets that we submit to Zendesk are met with a lot of pushback and insistence that these are not issues. It takes a very long time to get a result and sometimes we just get a "well that's how it is" answer which defeats the point of having a feedback option.

Pros

Seeing a full schedule for employees/clients has been so helpful! We can see exact days they were paid for and when they did/didn't work immediately instead of going on a goose chase for a timesheet!

Cons

The telephony option is honestly impractical. We can not view the shift until it is complete and it would be helpful if it was put on the schedule instead of being listed in Unapproved visits. We also have no use for the Service Duration. It creates a problem when transferring shifts from Unapproved visits to the schedule.

Upgrading our software experience

The largest business problem we were solving was selecting a solution that would allow ease of use for our field staff, including having all necessary forms online as well as allowing our hourly staff to use a mobile app to communicate with the home office.

Pros

I like that this software is web-based and can be accessed easily if you have the link and proper credentials.

Cons

Migrating data from our old system did not happen as expected. We assumed we could move our entire historical database over to ensure whenever we needed old information we had easy access to it. When it was time to do the data migration, we were advised that we had to truncate the history to a little more than 1 year.

Alaya care usage review

Very hard in the beginning, Multiple bugs and the support was not great ( only on-line). After in face meeting most of the problems were resolved.

Pros

I like the fact that my workers can access the information about the clients, can leave feedback regarding the service.

Cons

Setting up service with different bill codes is clumsy and require multiple steps.

Loads of Potential

Great people to work with. Overall good product. Looking forward to announced imporvements

Pros

The software is constantly improving and has many features that can help ease reporting, administration, and scheduling. Great date exploration tool to be able to build custom reports. Alayacare reps actively check in with clients to look for ways to improve and to maintain the relationship.

Cons

Some great features announced in production, but implementation can sometimes take longer than expected. Depending on the industry, certain workarounds are needed. The accounting side of this software is ok, but leave room for improvement.

Colbrow feedback

I think the software is ok but I think it has a long way to go to improve for ease of use. Scheduling visits can be very slow and clunky to use. It's not 'smart' by way of matching employee skill, availability to that of the visit request to identify who is a match/available. That is what is needed. I would like someone (like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) who knows our business and how we operate to help us utilise the system properly.

Pros

Reporting functionality - when it works. DE is great but I find I have a lot of issues with it being unable to crunch the data I need, it freezes all the time. I need to run lots of reports and then do VLOOKUPs to get what I need in 1 report. Time consuming! It takes a long time to get system improvements rolled out, without bugs! There are good features in the system but the short comings over shadow the good.

Cons

I do not like the way you have to manually create service codes, bill codes then link them to the service codes. The bill codes are not in alphabetical order in the list (but rather in order of creation which is not user friendly - especially when you have a large number of bill codes). Nor do I like that I have to update bill codes individually instead of being able to tick/select what I want to update with 'x' fee. It takes a long time. I don't like that it's not a complete package. Payroll - I'd like to see if there is any easier/better way for us to approve our visits for payroll process.

Still Learning

At this point we've only been using it for a few weeks so I need to give the software the benefit of the doubt and know that as a team we're doing our best to work through these issues as a company. I know the manager and others within the company are working on making zones and groups that will help us to schedule a bit easier. I will keep an open mind and continue to learn how best to use the system.

Pros

I like the look of it, it's very appealing (which may sound silly but I think it's important). I also like the way updates go in automatically when processed and the way I can move my schedule around and actually create a schedule as well as from a coordinator stand point to be able to see where the nurses are out in the field is very helpful as they clock in and out of visits. Putting schedules in...

Cons

I'm finding it is not easy to use from a on call coordinator stand point, having to open multiple screens while dealing with other responsibilities in my position. Also being unable to keep filters the same on screens so I don't have to re-enter filters all the time if I have to reopen the screen. I end up opening a lot of screens to find information I need while not losing what I am working on currently...

Alayacare Software Review

Alayacare is a good tool to use....but given that it is a fairly new product, you would expect some things to be better. The software seems to be in its "infancy". Basic things that you find in financial software such as a configuration workbook, change logs, etc are not in Alayacare. It means that making changes are more difficult. Everything that is in UAT and tested, needs to be re-entered into production. This is another opportunity for errors to sneak in. Alayacare is not designed to make upgrades while it is in production.

Pros

I was not working with the software when it was implemented. Unfortunately it turned out the implementation of the software was not optimal. As a result we are having to go back and fix a lot of things that are not working. There are aspects of the software that work well, and other pieces that are awkward or not thought out well.

Cons

Parts of the software that do not work well: - Facility staff planning...seems like a work around to have to have 2 service codes for staff. One to record their shift, then another to record their client time. - Facility Scheduling - having to use "Lines". It is difficult to view the overall staffing - Rolling data up into sub-programs and programs. The service codes seem to be a limiting factor....

Feedback for ALaya

Pros

The graphics are better than old program. The addition of app for HSW's to use is good progress for us - allows HSW's to see info about clients in the field and clock in and out of service. Also it is easy to learn/use for HSW's and does not take much data - critical issue. I like that I can work remotely from home using the browser based program.

Cons

Unable to generate hard copy report of client file. During scheduling, the time involved in loading pages was originally hard to bear. The help (?) option has never provided me with information I am looking for - typically basic questions about where to find information or deal with status changes or the like. Using ON HOLD feature is cumbersome as you can only schedule one service at a time over an...

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Gillian. We're sorry to hear about some of the concerns you're having. To help make things easier for you next time, instead of going through The Help (?) button, you can check the Zendesk Guide to find the information you're looking for: https://alayacare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. You can also use AlayaCareU on any non-production environment for a walk-through on the specific workflow you have questions about. Our team would be more than happy to help assist you with specific concerns, feel free to contact us at support@alayacare.com.

Alayacare More Cons than Pros

Pros

It is a user friendly platform both on web browser and app. Employees are able to clock in/out. Our percentage of successful clock in/out is higher than our old provider. Automatically calculates payable overtime.

Cons

Visit verification - being able to use the filter and mass approve. Right now we can only mass reject visits when we have a specific code we are rejecting OR cancelled visits. We are not able to filter by clock in/out percentage to mass approve visits. This will help visit verification happening in real life/timely matter. Payroll - we are unable to set up pay rates for specific clients. Unfortunately...

Hi Shena, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really value your feedback and will pass along your challenges to the team for further review. We would also encourage you to submit your feedback and insights to our Ideas Forum: https://www.alayacare.com/ideas. These items will go directly to our product team for consideration in future releases."

Alaycare needs improvement

there are pons and cons 50/50 they have to implement some functionalities from CIMS which was useful in my department. it is user friendly than CIMS. but some functionalities like I mentioned in the con section. if they fix it , it would be a great soft ware

Pros

searching for clients. Tasks Data exploration

Cons

scheduling loads all the time and it is a waste of time. Can not see the past history of schedule in one page in a list, filtered by department. we have to keep clicking the month button to see how frequent the client received the service. I do not like the new Form, it takes time to build it. my workers in the community always complained that their app does not load , could not clock out. No functionality to locate the client visits based on where they are located so that it is easy to schedule them in order. when scheduling it would be nice if there is an option to choose 15min, 30 min, 1hr, 2 hr ... and so on visits when editing the time in a schedule, we are not able to type the numbers . we can only click the up and down arrow key to change the time, which is a time waste.

AlayaCare

My overall experience with AlayaCare has been positive. We have found that the company has gone through a large amount of change and growth. There are times that I feel like our requests or issues have been dealt with very quickly, and other times where the issue can linger for quite a while. It can take quite a while at times for information to be available in DE and then we are required to figure out our own workarounds.

Pros

Ability to use App, ongoing improvements to user experience, intuitive, ease of navigation, end to end solution for charting, employee management, billing, scheduling, reporting and equipment orders. Modern look, ability to progress our company smoothly from paper-based to electronic. Customizable forms are amazing.

Cons

Big learning curve for pulling applicable reports in Data Exploration without a lot of guidance. Slow processing speed as additional modules/versions have been added or upgraded. Used to be very fast and responsive and still is for some sections of the production environment.

PICN alayacare review

Overall, I like working within Alayacare - we have used it to ease scheduling the nurses (creating multiple facilities); allows a quick overall look at the day. Processing of new referrals from the LHIN is made easy with the auto-populate feature of Alayacare.

Pros

The product was easy to learn - having the staging environment to allow staff to trial things without it affecting the live environment helps. As a trainer for my department, it is easy to teach.

Cons

Scheduling is not always the easiest - would be better if we were able to move multiple visits at once (in the employee daily schedule view). When creating recurrences, sometimes need multiple recurrences to schedule the client visits appropriately (3-4 recurrences).

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Trish. We're thrilled to hear our product has made things easy for you. To help with your scheduling recurrences concern, you can split recurrences for more convenient editing: https://alayacare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039173072-How-do-I-split-multi-day-Recurrences-for-Clients If you experience further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team: support@alayacare.com.

Why AlayaCare is the only alternative for our company!

Our after hours on call system, is functioning so much better. Coordination of the client with the caregivers is seamless. Staff are wonderful to have on our side ... very responsive!

Pros

Ease of use .... so user friendly. Walk Me is awesome feature. All features needed for home care agencies as we move into the future.

Cons

Some issues with Skills and Qualification that were unable to resolve.

AlayaCare Review

We have had great support from our AlayaCare support team. they have answered all of our questions and provided us guidance when needed to ensure we were comfortable using the product.

Pros

Easy to use scheduling for billing and payroll. Easy to use queries and the AlayaCare University has a great depth of knowledge for beginner users. The customizable dashboard is great for monitoring daily vital business stats.

Cons

There are several manual functions that should have been built in at the ground level. For example stat holiday shifts need to be split if the shift goes over night; the system does not recognize even though we added the stat holiday schedule at the beginning. Shift reminders are "on the list" but not yet an active function with caregivers in the field with clients the reminder is a great way to ensure shifts are actively monitored. Mobile app usage can be a challenge for the field staff at times. The system seems to have had alot of production downtime as of late.

Easy to use sysem that has improved our Company's work flow

Overall experience has been fantastic. The set-up process was seamless. Our Staff Members were pleased with the ease of transfering systems.

Pros

- Software has many features: Scheduling, Charting, Payroll, Human Resources / Document Control, kilometer tracking, etc. integrated into one. - Ongoing schedules can set up with primary and secondary staff members. - Data pulling / reporting. - Level of technical support whenever we have issues or questions.

Cons

- Message communication with staff members. At the moment, we are having to use multiple platforms to fill this need.

AlayaCare - up with the times

So Far it has been great, help is right there when needed. Still learning the ins and outs. But the organization is getting there.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to navigate around. The AlayaCare team is easy to work with and always able to help right away. I like how staff can see schedules and able to send reports directly to administrative staff. Easy to learn and easy to use. Still learning the system and what it is capable of.

Cons

I do not like that i cannot enter an employee for multiple shifts. (just fill ins) Takes a lot of time to put them in the system one by one. I know the AlayaCare team is working on this. Also the organization is struggling with some confidentiality issues. Employees are able to review previous reports other employees submit.

Concerns

Not a bad system, there is great potential if they would ask staff that uses them. I think one day it would be nice if family members could access schedule system only to get a copy for themselves.

Pros

That all care and documents can be updated in the file. The access all staff has to use it. The easy tabs at the top.

Cons

How glitchy it is. all the updates make other things harder to use or are not needed. When updates happen or it goes down on working hours. To schedule updates in the middle of the night or after 8 pm would be great.

Hi Sadie, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really value your feedback and will pass along your concerns to the team. We would also encourage you to submit your feedback and insights to our Ideas Forum: https://www.alayacare.com/ideas. These items will go directly to our product team. Thank you for your continued partnership and support.

Worth the Cost

We have historically been concerned about accuracy of CareGiver provided time and travel information. As we adopted AlayaCare office by office, we experienced immediate decreases in hours paid as well as reimbursable travel.

Pros

In the short time since deployment of AlayCare, features that have ben most impactful to us have been accurate capture of CareGiver compensation data (hours worked, and reimbursable travel time and related mileage). Our costs in these areas have significantly decreased.

Cons

We are working with support to develop live reporting that is available without waiting overnight. It's frustrating to NOT be able to instantly review and evaluate report data, or the effect of changes in report filters.

Reports are way to complicated

Pretty good, the training is non existent and terrible, we should have had dedicated hands on training, we only know what we know and we do not know what we don't know.

Pros

Over all the platform is intuitive and quite easy to navigate, with the exception of data exploration

Cons

The report/data exploration section is too hard to manipulate and some of the built in agency reports are inconsistent so getting useful data is not easy. There are places where you need to do excessive number of clicks to get things done,, especially on the scheduling area.