AlayaCare Logo

Suggested alternatives

carecenta
brightree
caretime-employee-management-system-for-home-health

The ease of use by internal and external staff is amazing. They are constantly looking to improve the software to make it even better (if that is possible).
The software is constantly improving and has many features that can help ease reporting, administration, and scheduling. Great date exploration tool to be able to build custom reports.
As a software integrator and developer, we loved that Alayacare (compared to other home care softwares) had a rich and maturing API.
Payroll - we are unable to set up pay rates for specific clients. Unfortunately the current pay rate features and functionality do not work for our company.
Right now we can only mass reject visits when we have a specific code we are rejecting OR cancelled visits. We are not able to filter by clock in/out percentage to mass approve visits.
It's frustrating to NOT be able to instantly review and evaluate report data, or the effect of changes in report filters.

Leighton F.

CEO

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

A good solution for most customers

Transcript

Leighton: Hi, my name is Leighton. I'm an IT administrator and I give AlayaCare four out of five stars....

DS

Diane S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Why AlayaCare is the only alternative for our company!

Our after hours on call system, is functioning so much better. Coordination of the client with the caregivers is seamless. Staff are wonderful to have on our side ... very responsive!

Pros

Ease of use .... so user friendly. Walk Me is awesome feature. All features needed for home care agencies as we move into the future.

Cons

Some issues with Skills and Qualification that were unable to resolve.

TM

Tianah M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Easy to use sysem that has improved our Company's work flow

Overall experience has been fantastic. The set-up process was seamless. Our Staff Members were pleased with the ease of transfering systems.

Pros

- Software has many features: Scheduling, Charting, Payroll, Human Resources / Document Control, kilometer tracking, etc. integrated into one. - Ongoing schedules can set up with primary and secondary staff members. - Data pulling / reporting. - Level of technical support whenever we have issues or questions.

Cons

- Message communication with staff members. At the moment, we are having to use multiple platforms to fill this need.

KB

Karen B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Alayacare Software Review

Alayacare is a good tool to use....but given that it is a fairly new product, you would expect some things to be better. The software seems to be in its "infancy". Basic things that you find in financial software such as a configuration workbook, change logs, etc are not in Alayacare. It means that making changes are more difficult. Everything that is in UAT and tested, needs to be re-entered into production. This is another opportunity for errors to sneak in. Alayacare is not designed to make upgrades while it is in production.

Pros

I was not working with the software when it was implemented. Unfortunately it turned out the implementation of the software was not optimal. As a result we are having to go back and fix a lot of things that are not working. There are aspects of the software that work well, and other pieces that are awkward or not thought out well.

Cons

Parts of the software that do not work well: - Facility staff planning...seems like a work around to have to have 2 service codes for staff. One to record their shift, then another to record their client time. - Facility Scheduling - having to use "Lines". It is difficult to view the overall staffing - Rolling data up into sub-programs and programs. The service codes seem to be a limiting factor....

CS

Christine S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

AlayaCare - up with the times

So Far it has been great, help is right there when needed. Still learning the ins and outs. But the organization is getting there.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to navigate around. The AlayaCare team is easy to work with and always able to help right away. I like how staff can see schedules and able to send reports directly to administrative staff. Easy to learn and easy to use. Still learning the system and what it is capable of.

Cons

I do not like that i cannot enter an employee for multiple shifts. (just fill ins) Takes a lot of time to put them in the system one by one. I know the AlayaCare team is working on this. Also the organization is struggling with some confidentiality issues. Employees are able to review previous reports other employees submit.

NE

Nancy E.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reports are way to complicated

Pretty good, the training is non existent and terrible, we should have had dedicated hands on training, we only know what we know and we do not know what we don't know.

Pros

Over all the platform is intuitive and quite easy to navigate, with the exception of data exploration

Cons

The report/data exploration section is too hard to manipulate and some of the built in agency reports are inconsistent so getting useful data is not easy. There are places where you need to do excessive number of clicks to get things done,, especially on the scheduling area.

AP

Ariel P.

Still Learning

At this point we've only been using it for a few weeks so I need to give the software the benefit of the doubt and know that as a team we're doing our best to work through these issues as a company. I know the manager and others within the company are working on making zones and groups that will help us to schedule a bit easier. I will keep an open mind and continue to learn how best to use the system.

Pros

I like the look of it, it's very appealing (which may sound silly but I think it's important). I also like the way updates go in automatically when processed and the way I can move my schedule around and actually create a schedule as well as from a coordinator stand point to be able to see where the nurses are out in the field is very helpful as they clock in and out of visits. Putting schedules in...

Cons

I'm finding it is not easy to use from a on call coordinator stand point, having to open multiple screens while dealing with other responsibilities in my position. Also being unable to keep filters the same on screens so I don't have to re-enter filters all the time if I have to reopen the screen. I end up opening a lot of screens to find information I need while not losing what I am working on currently...

KK

Keerthana K.

Public Safety, 201-500 employees

Alaycare needs improvement

there are pons and cons 50/50 they have to implement some functionalities from CIMS which was useful in my department. it is user friendly than CIMS. but some functionalities like I mentioned in the con section. if they fix it , it would be a great soft ware

Pros

searching for clients. Tasks Data exploration

Cons

scheduling loads all the time and it is a waste of time. Can not see the past history of schedule in one page in a list, filtered by department. we have to keep clicking the month button to see how frequent the client received the service. I do not like the new Form, it takes time to build it. my workers in the community always complained that their app does not load , could not clock out. No functionality to locate the client visits based on where they are located so that it is easy to schedule them in order. when scheduling it would be nice if there is an option to choose 15min, 30 min, 1hr, 2 hr ... and so on visits when editing the time in a schedule, we are not able to type the numbers . we can only click the up and down arrow key to change the time, which is a time waste.

KS

Kelley S.

AlayaCare Review

We have had great support from our AlayaCare support team. they have answered all of our questions and provided us guidance when needed to ensure we were comfortable using the product.

Pros

Easy to use scheduling for billing and payroll. Easy to use queries and the AlayaCare University has a great depth of knowledge for beginner users. The customizable dashboard is great for monitoring daily vital business stats.

Cons

There are several manual functions that should have been built in at the ground level. For example stat holiday shifts need to be split if the shift goes over night; the system does not recognize even though we added the stat holiday schedule at the beginning. Shift reminders are "on the list" but not yet an active function with caregivers in the field with clients the reminder is a great way to ensure shifts are actively monitored. Mobile app usage can be a challenge for the field staff at times. The system seems to have had alot of production downtime as of late.

JS

Jennifer S.

Responsive and Rapidly Improving

There are great opportunities to streamline and maximize efficiencies in our workflow; I'm seeing a bright future with developing opportunities to support quality, human resources and risk management through the AlayaCare platform.

Pros

We onboarded in a hurry, without dedicated staff while AlayaCare team was in an earlier growth phase. What I like now-today, is that many of the gaps have been identified and are being filled; It's becoming more user friendly for organizations without in-house tech/data support staff; Team is passionate about what they do, and there are specialists to address gaps and provide development on the fly, so to speak.

Cons

Because we onboarded fast, when AlayaCare Team was considerably smaller and newer than it is now, it was not easy to connect with the people who could specifically address our challenges; We've had particular difficulty with the accounting function; Generally, because data can be filtered and sorted so specifically, it's hard to know what's missing or wrong, and it can take some time to recognize and then track down discrepancies.

SR

Sandra R.

AlayaCare for Exercise and Falls

I like that I'm able to keep track of reports and clients - however, I do wish there was more of a bulk option to edit or complete certain tasks. But other than that, I also like the look of it. It's more up to date and doesn't look like a screen from the 90s that about to malfunction or look like it takes an hour to download.

Pros

Each department is able to use the software differently to suit the needs of their services

Cons

Since each department uses the software differently, it isn't always accurate or user friendly when it comes to efficiency for some tasks

SG

Sadie G.

Concerns

Not a bad system, there is great potential if they would ask staff that uses them. I think one day it would be nice if family members could access schedule system only to get a copy for themselves.

Pros

That all care and documents can be updated in the file. The access all staff has to use it. The easy tabs at the top.

Cons

How glitchy it is. all the updates make other things harder to use or are not needed. When updates happen or it goes down on working hours. To schedule updates in the middle of the night or after 8 pm would be great.

Hi Sadie, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We really value your feedback and will pass along your concerns to the team. We would also encourage you to submit your feedback and insights to our Ideas Forum: https://www.alayacare.com/ideas. These items will go directly to our product team. Thank you for your continued partnership and support.

ca

craig a.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

AlayaCare looks nice, features not as robust as we thought

Pros

I like how AlayaCare looks. It is not intimidating to users. The App is very nice on mobile

Cons

Running reports is not as easy as we hoped

WL

Wendy L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Improving our way of working

Great, all staff is productive and have patience to teach the individual or group

Pros

Easy to use it is very user friendly our coordinators learned scheduling system quick!

Cons

Not live totals in report . . .takes 24hrs - but Alaya is working on this

BL

Briana L.

Alayacare for CBI

Pros

I like that I can create my schedule and see my patients addresses on the phone. I do appreciate having access to physicians and medical orders from my phone in the patients chart.

Cons

This is not user friendly. It is extremely slow, it takes 8-10mins to complete a supply order for a patient when previously with Qcart it would take 2-3, as well having to type in the code or exact name of supplies is extremely tedious and takes more time if I have to go look up the item there should be a catalogue similar to Qcart. There are too many steps involved to retrieve orders. There is a...

VL

Valerie L.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

AlayaCare Review

Pros

Find it very user friendly, has a lot of useful categories and tabs that we can usually find a great option to utilize. There's been great updates and releases and some helpful webinars.

Cons

Would love to see a "duplicate product" feature on the Services tab as we often create very similar services and this would save filling out the entire form each time. SMS message reminders for virtual visits would be a great option as well.

TM

Tracy M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Alayacare

When problems arise the IT department are very quick at responding and fixing the issue

Pros

It is easy to use and IT department is always quick to help

Cons

When printing a document I have to ask to print 2 or 3 different times, It would be nice if it did it the first time requested

HT

Hannah T.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Pros

Input of Shifts and timing I do not have anything else to say

Cons

Keeping track of important dates or need for reminders of those dates E.g: a Birthday or Awards or absences Specifics - like access to car or Qualifications

TJ

Tsering J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

User Review

Good, would recommend it

Pros

User-Friendly. Ease of Access and availability of various options.

Cons

Some features are hard to follow or easily found. Would love if you had YouTube training videos online

HR

Heather R.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Feedback

As a user, I found the experience relatively non complicated.

Pros

I found it has different features than the system we were using Carelink. But some of them are definitely an improvement but Carelink had other features that are not on Alyacare. I think the rostering is most definitely an improvement.

Cons

The report running is quite difficult for staff that are not tech savvy..

KJ

Kathy J.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Billing User

Pros

Ease of use and integration between the user and government agency.

Cons

I have to log on to the Health Partner Gateway to see detailed reconciliation files.

KP

Kim P.

you should know

The experience so far has been very disappointing. Ive used a lot of software and this one is by far the worst experience. Its also quite clear this was not meant for nursing use and geared to psw use. Not sure why the company would purchase this.

Pros

I like that it can take the hpg updates and automatically update the clients profile

Cons

- documents are hidden in a file in a folder in sub folder in a tab in a module, its not efficient -its not a stable platform and it does not act predictably - ie changes don't stick, things don't load -the training was TERRIBLE -patient information is not easily accessible -there is a lack of meaningful reports. ie who is working today -the filters don't stick, why do I have to keep telling it I don't want to see things outside my area? This is going to get worse and worse as other areas of cbi migrate over

MJ

Melissa J.

Alayacare software review

I’m very happy with the software. It has helped grow our business with out increasing administrative staff.

Pros

Functionality, It’s very easy to navigate through.

Cons

I’m very happy with the software. There’s nothing that we are dissatisfied with.

DG

Deanna G.

Medical Devices, 201-500 employees

This app does not work! Im going with another company to get away from this medical error awaiting

Disaster

Pros

I dont like it at all!! It never works! Messes up my paycheck . IMPOSSIBLE TO CHART , SCREEN FREEZES , GOES BLACK. You may can chart one word literally every 15 minutes, well on a good day. Im moving companies. This is a huge medical error waiting to happen. It puts in double medications, clocks you out all by itself. No prize here!

Cons

That my company was fooled into thinking the app would be useful.

JC

Jessica C.

Alayacare Review

Pros

The options in Alayacare are endless. There are so many area's available in the software that help us capture the optimal amount of information needed to care for our client's

Cons

I am new to using the software in my position so I have not developed or found any area's yet that I do not like. It all seem's to work for me for what I use it for.

ns

naresh s.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5,001-10,000 employees

Left a good impression and still impressed

I loved the collaboration with the entire team... The team from customer facing to the development staff is really solutions oriented and they can keep it light and lively.

Pros

Current technology and extensible. Client Feedback drives the development

Cons

listening to neil. although he is a good talker.... he needs to take a breath and allow the listener to say something... :-) -- neils a good guy.