All categories

Elation

Cloud based electronic medical record system

Elation Reviews

Pros

Nevertheless, it is a powerful system and a joy to use. I highly recommend Elation EMR for a small to medium sized practice looking for an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system.

Andrew S.

I can tell you- Elation staff is super smart. Customer service is not needed much as everything works great.

RAJ D.

John S.

Ashley T.

Terrible customer service and no one takes responsibility.

Laura B.

Kevin M.

4.5

Great software, poor customer service

It’s a great software, initially had issues and were not very responsive but since then has been quite smooth and overall satisfied- and I’m hard to please. Unhappy only with mostly provider service when ongoing issues and cannot speak to live person. And lack of follow through on options such as online booking they had explicitly stated upon signing up. Overall cost justifies the ease of use and time saved for physician.

Pros

Ease of use, easily accessible Pt info on one screen, few bugs/glitches, user friendly- very good compared to multiple other EHR I’ve used

Cons

Have to pay for billing software in addition to elation fee, ZERO discount for mid level prescribing practitioners, Absolutely no way to co tact them except via email re: issues which is very frustrating and have maybe 1 times out of 10 actually gotten back to me within their designated timeframe to rectify an issue/problem. When signed up 4/2017 salesman told me would be rolling out online booking for established patients over the summer. 12/17 still haven’t heard anything about offering that option

A Physician review

It’s been a wonderful experience. The people are amazing and have always been helpful and caring. The software is excellent, I love it, lots of features that help me get my work done. Just fix the app!

Pros

What I like most about my Elation software is that it’s quite intuitive to use. It feels like it’s built for a doctor. It works how it’s supposed to! It has everything laid out exactly how I want it. This software clearly was made with a lot of input from a practicing physician. Having used several EHR’s over the years, and hated all of them, I truly & absolutely love Elation. It’s fast and it thinks like my brain does.

Cons

The smart phone app. No good. It doesn’t have enough features to really be useful. I can’t send prescriptions, which is terrible. I can’t see my schedule, I can’t make appointments. All it does is text message and often times that doesn’t work at all. I get very frustrated with it. This is something I really want and need. It’s been 2 years and I have zero improvements in the app. I’m not happy with that. Everything else is awesome!

Easy and simple but not very powerful or robust

Underwhelmed, overcharged. Switching to Cerbo or maybe AtlasMD or Akute Health

Pros

It's true you can figure it out in an hour or less. Very simple.

Cons

It's very simple. You can't customize anything at all about the look or layout of the information. Don't like the order in which information is displayed on the left side of the screen? Get used to it. Want to send a fax? You can, you just have to call it a referral, no matter what. So you if you want to fax something that isn't about a particular patient, you have to a create a fake patient called...

Amazon of EMRs!

I would pick this over any other software with multiple offices. There is a very common software that is very costly and very popular and also very aggressive but I did not like it. This software has a very cumbersome way to do things. I want to elaborate Elation in more detail. Great advantages: One screen has all features. Summary on l side- a must Note on r side. History in middle and all the...

Pros

It has been a 8 months since I have started using this software. I used to have Soapware EMR for 18 years. Soapware had to shut down as the owner was getting to that age and older softwares are not easy to upgrade. I looked at 15 softwares before I picked Elation. I knew what I need as a busy primary care Internist. My staff and I are extremely happy that we ended up with Elationhealth. Everyone...

Cons

There is not much to dislike. I was little nervous about interface with billing software but it has worked great. I picked MD connection for billing and that is another robust software. As soon as patient leaves and I send the bill to MD connection- it reaches real-time. Most complete softwares have many glitches or may have one side powerful and other side weak. This combination is great and my billing staff loves billing software also.

I am glad!

Pros

I have used Soapware for 20 years. I really liked Soapware for its speed and ease. Soapware unfortunately is going out of business. I watched demonstrations of about 15 software companies. I am writing this review to help others in my shoes. Most software companies are about 20-25 years old and have similar technology as Soapware. Older technology is somewhat rigid. I am glad the sales person...

Cons

Elation is an EMR alone and that made me nervous. Interface between Elation and MDconnection one of the billing software recommended by Elation works great according to doctors I talked to who are using both. This is a minor issue compared to the fun of working with ELation EMR.

Easy to learn and a joy to use - Highly recommend ElationEMR

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to learn and use. Our practice has been using Elation EMR for that past 5 years and has been very satisfied with it. Implementation was fast and easy with excellent support. I trained my staff with a 7 min screen capture video and they were up and running. Doctors went in without any advanced training. I suggested they see 2 patients per half day with Elation on their...

Cons

Development of new features has slowed as they've expanded. It seems the burdens of meaningful use and other mandates has interfered with evolving new features as quickly as I was hoping to see them.

I am so happy!

I am able to work faster without errors.

Pros

I recently had to change from Soapware to Elation EHR. Soapware has shut down. I did demonstrations for about 15 software companies like some of the old ones but very popular ones. The biggest mistake a doctor can make is to go for an older software, that is clunky and slow. Never pick a software that has remote desktop connection needs. Those will be old and slow . I am glad I picked Elation....

They "get" us!

Pros

Ease of setup and use, and great for the frugal MD. We have adapted it to our general surgery practice and have used it for 3 years. Our billing service logs on and "harvests" our charges each week. The chart check system makes followup easy. Adaptable templates. Easy compliance, with help from the company if you want it. We have seen several practices fold or have to sell to a local foundation after spending a million dollars on a system that is too big.

Cons

Can't delete obsolete tags. Can't put in a short introductory phrase, like phonetic pronunciation of a last name at top--has to go in tags and stays forever. We are a referral practice rather than a primary care practice, so I wish I could list the referring clinician closer to the top. I wish we could name our own report headers. But really, these are minor compared to the value for the money.

Data Migration Team Is Terrible

Terrible customer service and no one takes responsibility. I addressed my concerns with leadership at Elation and this accomplished nothing.

Pros

I like the ability to set reminders and track follow up.

Cons

I have lost so much data from my previous EHR that I never would have switched. The data migration team told me on several occasions that data could not be used or mapped into the charts. I hired an independent analyst who had to explain to their team how to map the data for migration. The third component of our data migration included all of patient medication, allergies, and history. Elation's migration...

Easy to migrate to, fits most needs for medical charting

Affordable and fits basic charting needs

Pros

Easy setup/migration. Sales and support are very helpful. It fits most of our needs for medical charting.

Cons

Patient portal is not "family friendly" (parents with multiple children need to create and remember unique email addresses/logins for all). Minor updates are needed, like ability to add Handouts to visit note templates, attaching files to Passport message replies, etc - not major things, but requires our staff to repeatedly take extra steps/time to chart without these features.

Not integrating with vital sign machine, not disclosed before subscription.

Pros

iCloud based and popping up is relatively fast.

Cons

I am very disappointed with Elation not integrated with any vital machines or scales. Since I am doing solo practice, I am trying to reduce employees' work because it is hard to get good quality of bilingual employees. I did vital signs for patients for some time, and realized that it takes quite long for vital signs and body weight. Since I have been using Elation, I contacted them. I heard that...

Nearly a year in and I am still loving this product. So much.

Pros

Things I love about ElationEMR: - My favorite part is that the writing area expands as I type, so I can see/edit the entire note incredibly easily. - Only one tab is needed for the whole note. - It saves every keystroke, so if for some reason the connection is lost, I haven't lost a thing. - ePrescribing is smooth and fast. - Unbelievably great and friendly customer service. - It is totally...

Cons

It is so great that when I talk about it, I sound like I'm a salesperson for their company.

Primary care warhorse loves his EMR- who ever thought it could happen?

Pros

Your willingness to help small practices transfer their data from their current software nightmare to Elation - you're the best at this. Data transfer is by far the most anxiety provoking and painful parts of buying an EMR and most companies assume that you are on the hook for life no matter how painful it is to use their software. This company is pure disruption of an aging and underperforming industry - something we have needed for decades. It is time someone built an EMR for health care, not just for billing. You have done this and continue to improve your product. I have enormous respect for what you have done and continue to do.

Cons

Still no recall system and no lab interface with Quest or LabCorps. I know it's coming. I know that when these are done they will be done in Elation fashion and work effortlessly, but I hope you can do these soon.

Very happy with Elation

Pros

Simple interface. Easy to use. Not cluttered. Charts appear clean.

Cons

Would like to customize views- particularly the order in a patient's chart of medications, past medical history, problem list, social history. We should be able to change the order as we prefer. We should also be able to customize the physical exam categories (such as Gen, eyes, resp, cvs). Some of these categories are incorrectly named (MSS, NS). Would like to be able to fax prescriptions for...

Elation is my go-to EMR

My overall experience with Elation is very positive. It is my favorite EMR yet.

Pros

Elation works great. In our multidisciplinary medical setting, elation allows us to easily collaborate on patient care across many different disciplines.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of elation is how the referral system is a bit clunky. Our company has adapted to this clunkiness, but the software could improve in this area.

Fantastic Product!

Pros

We tried out two other EMRs before using Elation. Elation has been orders of magnitude better than the others. It's intuitive, easy to learn, the patient portal works well, and importantly our revenue jumped 30% after we started using it. I'm thrilled with all aspects of it and have been recommending it to every colleague who asks me which EMR to try. Fantastic product, great customer service. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Cons

The product has been great. As I said, I'm thrilled with what it does for us in terms of record keeping, scheduling, patient communication, and inter-office communication. There's nothing I've been disappointed with.

Elation

Great

Pros

easy to use! I appreciate the faxing feature, ability to integrate with labs/hospitals for lab orders and imaging, responsive customer service and fluidity in uploading documents

Cons

The reports never change nor is there an option to add a new report. I am constantly filing Dermatology reports under Misc because Derm doesn't exist! I can think of several other specialties that I have to list as misc which makes it difficult to find. I'm not impressed by the fact that I am unable to amend or edit any of the added lab values when trending. It can be quite frustrating to have to re-trend an entire report because RBC reads 55.2 rather than 5.52 ..erg!! Finally, it would be awesome if there was a texting/emailing feature to contact patients from elation. AND finally, the patient portal - patients are unable to access labs/imaging themselves. We would like to option to allow patients access to those reports rather then send them individually.

Powerful, intuitive, but not (yet) all-inclusive EHR. Not the best value. 2nd best EHR I've used.

Ability to transfer in my prior EHR documentation with only minimal to moderate pain

Pros

1. Scrolling "timeline" of notes and events 2. L-hand panel with patient summary 3. Logical charting format 4. Some nice "template-like" features 5. The next best thing to InLightEHR (but that EHR lost funding :() 6. Can view other documents while charting 7. Finds local/regional pharmacies/consultants with somewhat accurate demographics 8. Has almost every standard EHR feature 9. Fairly decent health maintenance module and nice (unobtrusive) reminders at beginning of each note

Cons

1. It could be more intuitive 2. Too many font and window colors- looks cluttered 3. Very rudimentary patient engagement tool (new update coming but adds another. 4. No medication dispensing/inventory management built in 5. No membership management built in 6. Poor order tracking as of now (hopefully this will change). You can't find a list of all uncompleted orders. 7. Poor in-office procedure documenting

So far, there isn't anything better available, but that's not saying much

Pros

the search function is intelligent and well-implemented free integrations with lab interfaces to allow lab data to be imported as data instead of as images of faxed pages.

Cons

The thing about it is that I am also a programmer. I work on web design, UI/UX, and frankly the UX sucks. But so does every other EMR. For many reasons, these companies just don't give a shit about the physician user experience, and things that are mainstream in other areas of tech (like a11y, typographic rhythm/size/width/readability, text contrast, material design, etc.) are totally foreign in the medical space. There is no mobile version on the web (they recently launched an app in the app store for iPhone, because apparently they think it's still 2011) - it's just the desktop site that requires you to pinch and zoom because no one there cared enough to write media queries in their css.

Great user interface and features

Excellent system but I wish they had a better pricing tier for practices with multiple providers

Pros

I really liked the fact that it interfaces with all pharmacies and major labs. This helps tremendously while running a busy practice and saves a lot of money in employees scanning documents.

Cons

I feel that have a person directly answer their help desk is more effective than sending an email and waiting for a day or two to get a response.

Outstanding EMR!

Pros

We tried two other EMRs before purchasing Elation and the difference between Elation and the other two is night and day. Elation is easy to use, intuitive, and helps us to be more productive. Our whole staff was using it easily within a day of purchasing it, and after one month of using it our revenue grew by 30%. They've been outstanding to work with during the onboarding process and have been extremely receptive and available when we have questions. I've recommended Elation to everyone I know who's looking for an EMR and I can't overstate how delighted I am with their product and their service.

Cons

There are no major issues with Elation at all. We've been more than delighted in the three months we've been using them.

Best EMR for small practice

Pros

Exceptional product using modern, intuitive technology which adapts to the times (transition to ICD10 is a breeze so far). Well thought out design which supports clinical care, enhancing efficiency and communication between staff, to and from patients and among other providers. No nickel and dime charges. Receptive customer service. Organized, easy to use chart. Able to meet Stage 1 Meaningful Use criteria without difficulty. High value.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about ElationEMR. It has been a pleasure working this vendor.

MD/owner

Are they going out of business? No one ever returns our messages.

Pros

Ease of use for patient records w template notes, well organized. Set was easy. Cost ok. Interface well with our labs/pharmacies. No issues with prescribing We like the patient portal: we only opened for outgoing messages.

Cons

Customer service is non existent They do not answer calls or emails (in fact they do not have any voice mail set up) They recommended Practice Suites as a billing partner ("we love them, great partner, will meet all your billing needs") and it totally destroyed my revenue cycle. promised us an OB flow sheet when we signed up...3 years ago. Absolutely awful

Overall smooth transition and easy to use

Pros

Easy to connect with other physicians and see everything about a patient on one screen. Less clicking is faster work

Cons

It would be very helpful if some of the add on features they mentioned when I was choosing an EHR were actually being developed. I was told they were currently working on a camera app to take clinical photos...don't see it

Small Private Practice

Wonderful overall experience with Elation

Pros

The ease of use. I can view almost everything I would ever need to see, all on one page. Easy and efficient to do notes, especially follow up visits.

Cons

It doesn’t interface with Labs (Labcorp, Sonora, etc) and no billing software available