Elation Health Logo

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
simplepractice

I'm thrilled with all aspects of it and have been recommending it to every colleague who asks me which EMR to try. Fantastic product, great customer service.
My staff and I are extremely happy that we ended up with Elationhealth. Everyone loves Amazon as the website is very robust and user friendly.
Nevertheless, it is a powerful system and a joy to use. I highly recommend Elation EMR for a small to medium sized practice looking for an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system.
I have been trying to deal with this problem since early May and it is now July 13. Incredibly frustrating and I would not recommend this product to other physicians.

Ashley T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great software, poor customer service

It’s a great software, initially had issues and were not very responsive but since then has been quite smooth and overall satisfied- and I’m hard to please. Unhappy only with mostly provider service when ongoing issues and cannot speak to live person. And lack of follow through on options such as online booking they had explicitly stated upon signing up. Overall cost justifies the ease of use and time saved for physician.

Pros

Ease of use, easily accessible Pt info on one screen, few bugs/glitches, user friendly- very good compared to multiple other EHR I’ve used

Cons

Have to pay for billing software in addition to elation fee, ZERO discount for mid level prescribing practitioners, Absolutely no way to co tact them except via email re: issues which is very frustrating and have maybe 1 times out of 10 actually gotten back to me within their designated timeframe to rectify an issue/problem. When signed up 4/2017 salesman told me would be rolling out online booking for established patients over the summer. 12/17 still haven’t heard anything about offering that option

KM

Kevin M.

A Physician review

It’s been a wonderful experience. The people are amazing and have always been helpful and caring. The software is excellent, I love it, lots of features that help me get my work done. Just fix the app!

Pros

What I like most about my Elation software is that it’s quite intuitive to use. It feels like it’s built for a doctor. It works how it’s supposed to! It has everything laid out exactly how I want it. This software clearly was made with a lot of input from a practicing physician. Having used several EHR’s over the years, and hated all of them, I truly & absolutely love Elation. It’s fast and it thinks like my brain does.

Cons

The smart phone app. No good. It doesn’t have enough features to really be useful. I can’t send prescriptions, which is terrible. I can’t see my schedule, I can’t make appointments. All it does is text message and often times that doesn’t work at all. I get very frustrated with it. This is something I really want and need. It’s been 2 years and I have zero improvements in the app. I’m not happy with that. Everything else is awesome!

CM

Catherine M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Poor Onboarding and Customer Service

Onboarding has been a nightmare. I have had Elation for three months now and they still have not built my charts. That was the only way I was going to move EMR's-was if I didn't have to build all my own charts again. I was not given correct instructions for data download/upload and it has caused a huge lag. I have had to pay to keep both my old and new EMR open so I can have access to my patient data. I am having to build my patient charts as I see patients so they are not blank. I had a very kind onboarding person and she was very communicative. However, I think they may not have trained her properly or the entire system is not setup well. I have been handed over to the tech team and told some type of "retention" team was going to help as well. Have not heard from them yet.

Pros

I like the fact that you can prescribe through SureScripts.

Cons

The lack of customer service. I have been handed off several times.

MR

Mi Ran P.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Pros and cons after 4yrs. This program is out of dated. Needs to update.

I wanted to support a small local company, and wished many local physicians are connected. But Elation EHR is not updating by themselves, and it is getting out of dated.

Pros

East to use. No special training is required.

Cons

As a family physician, I have to review tons on consultation notes and labs, radiology, vaccine..... It is very hard to review the records due to the way of chart which is already built-in. If I review visit notes, I have to scroll down all the way to the end...... It takes so long, and my eyes get tired in rolling over all screen. Also this program is hard to get along for this coming new generation....

MW

Michael W.

Good Option for Small Office

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set-up. I have used for 2 years and happy with product

Cons

Sometimes slow and templates not designed as well as I would like. Forms to patients not great.

CR

Chelsea R.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Awesome easy to use product!!

Awesome! Elation has already made my clinic days run smoother than they were when I was using a different system for the last 2.5 years. I am running my clinic solo for now - scheduling/billing/inputting patients/refilling meds, and Elation makes this doable.

Pros

Elation is wonderful. I even told my non computer savvy father that it was so easy he could learn how to use it. I could probably run my clinic without any support staff because Elation is so intuitive and easy to use. I am constantly surprised by the ease.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet! I will let you guys know when I do.

RAJ D.

Amazon of EMRs!

I would pick this over any other software with multiple offices. There is a very common software that is very costly and very popular and also very aggressive but I did not like it. This software has a very cumbersome way to do things. I want to elaborate Elation in more detail. Great advantages: One screen has all features. Summary on l side- a must Note on r side. History in middle and all the...

Pros

It has been a 8 months since I have started using this software. I used to have Soapware EMR for 18 years. Soapware had to shut down as the owner was getting to that age and older softwares are not easy to upgrade. I looked at 15 softwares before I picked Elation. I knew what I need as a busy primary care Internist. My staff and I are extremely happy that we ended up with Elationhealth. Everyone...

Cons

There is not much to dislike. I was little nervous about interface with billing software but it has worked great. I picked MD connection for billing and that is another robust software. As soon as patient leaves and I send the bill to MD connection- it reaches real-time. Most complete softwares have many glitches or may have one side powerful and other side weak. This combination is great and my billing staff loves billing software also.

RAJ D.

Used other for less than 6 months

I am glad!

Pros

I have used Soapware for 20 years. I really liked Soapware for its speed and ease. Soapware unfortunately is going out of business. I watched demonstrations of about 15 software companies. I am writing this review to help others in my shoes. Most software companies are about 20-25 years old and have similar technology as Soapware. Older technology is somewhat rigid. I am glad the sales person...

Cons

Elation is an EMR alone and that made me nervous. Interface between Elation and MDconnection one of the billing software recommended by Elation works great according to doctors I talked to who are using both. This is a minor issue compared to the fun of working with ELation EMR.

AA

Arden A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

I would like to use the platform but customer support is pathetic and no live interaction.

Pros

I very much liked the platform and ease of use right up until I had to deal with customer support regarding a matter moving practice. It has been pathetic since with only generic responses, no availability of live interaction even with people with whom I previously - recently - had live interaction.

Daphne R.

Easy to migrate to, fits most needs for medical charting

Affordable and fits basic charting needs

Pros

Easy setup/migration. Sales and support are very helpful. It fits most of our needs for medical charting.

Cons

Patient portal is not "family friendly" (parents with multiple children need to create and remember unique email addresses/logins for all). Minor updates are needed, like ability to add Handouts to visit note templates, attaching files to Passport message replies, etc - not major things, but requires our staff to repeatedly take extra steps/time to chart without these features.

wa

wael a.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Grateful for a positive experience

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for helping me set up my EHR Elation and integrate it with spruce, electronic fax and labs, it has been a grueling process to open a clinic in 3 months. I wanted to thank you for assigning me to [sensitive content hidden] who made my transition easy and troublefree, whenever something wasnt right she took the initiative to fix it quickly and communicated...

Pros

flexibility, customer service, affordability, features are loaded for what i want, customizable, easy to use

Cons

i didnt find it sooner than the last 6 months

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy and simple but not very powerful or robust

Underwhelmed, overcharged. Switching to Cerbo or maybe AtlasMD or Akute Health

Pros

It's true you can figure it out in an hour or less. Very simple.

Cons

It's very simple. You can't customize anything at all about the look or layout of the information. Don't like the order in which information is displayed on the left side of the screen? Get used to it. Want to send a fax? You can, you just have to call it a referral, no matter what. So you if you want to fax something that isn't about a particular patient, you have to a create a fake patient called...

LB

Laura B.

Data Migration Team Is Terrible

Terrible customer service and no one takes responsibility. I addressed my concerns with leadership at Elation and this accomplished nothing.

Pros

I like the ability to set reminders and track follow up.

Cons

I have lost so much data from my previous EHR that I never would have switched. The data migration team told me on several occasions that data could not be used or mapped into the charts. I hired an independent analyst who had to explain to their team how to map the data for migration. The third component of our data migration included all of patient medication, allergies, and history. Elation's migration...

CL

Cristen L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Elation is intuitive to use

Overall it has been good. Customer Support answers quickly, but honestly we have not needed much customer support.

Pros

Overall it's very easy to learn and teach new staff. Most staff members can be up and running with 1 hour of training or less. There are not a lot of screens, which makes it easy to find things. Honestly, it's easier to find items than in a paper chart. Templates are easy to create. We have used the patient forms templates to use for new patient paperwork, helping us minimize data entry.

Cons

As a surgeon, some of my schedule happens at the hospital. There is no way to create surgery slots that don't also send appointment reminders to patients, so it must be entered as a "meeting" and it doesn't link to the patient account. I have asked for a fix for 2.5 years, but it appears to be low on the list of upgrades.

AS

Andrew S.

Medical Practice,

Easy to learn and a joy to use - Highly recommend ElationEMR

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to learn and use. Our practice has been using Elation EMR for that past 5 years and has been very satisfied with it. Implementation was fast and easy with excellent support. I trained my staff with a 7 min screen capture video and they were up and running. Doctors went in without any advanced training. I suggested they see 2 patients per half day with Elation on their...

Cons

Development of new features has slowed as they've expanded. It seems the burdens of meaningful use and other mandates has interfered with evolving new features as quickly as I was hoping to see them.

NB

Natalia B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Very good and reasonably priced EMR

Excellent. The implementation was easy and the migration of the charts from our old EMR was excellent. We use it daily and is very reliable. I love that is web-based. We do not have to run backups and the records are always safe and accesible.

Pros

Easy to use, very complete. Always reliable. Very few times have got interruption of service.

Cons

I wish sending records could be easier. It is not possible to fax records larger than 20 pages.

Raj D.

I am so happy!

I am able to work faster without errors.

Pros

I recently had to change from Soapware to Elation EHR. Soapware has shut down. I did demonstrations for about 15 software companies like some of the old ones but very popular ones. The biggest mistake a doctor can make is to go for an older software, that is clunky and slow. Never pick a software that has remote desktop connection needs. Those will be old and slow . I am glad I picked Elation....

ME

M. Ellen M.

They "get" us!

Pros

Ease of setup and use, and great for the frugal MD. We have adapted it to our general surgery practice and have used it for 3 years. Our billing service logs on and "harvests" our charges each week. The chart check system makes followup easy. Adaptable templates. Easy compliance, with help from the company if you want it. We have seen several practices fold or have to sell to a local foundation after spending a million dollars on a system that is too big.

Cons

Can't delete obsolete tags. Can't put in a short introductory phrase, like phonetic pronunciation of a last name at top--has to go in tags and stays forever. We are a referral practice rather than a primary care practice, so I wish I could list the referring clinician closer to the top. I wish we could name our own report headers. But really, these are minor compared to the value for the money.

BJ

Bruce J.

Elation EHR - The premier EHR for direct primary care practices

It has been a pleasure to use ElationHealth. I don't have as much input into its features as I did with smaller companies' products, but it is a mature product and is the best one for direct primary care charting in regards to ease of use and GUI and logical layout.

Pros

Elation integrates (connects) fairly well with Hint Health, Spruce and MDScripts and Quest Labs. It is quite intuitive. E-prescribing is the best feature by far and most used. Charting makes sense. Reverse chronological chart notes imitate paper charts most closely. Patient summary panel is very helpful. Patient engagement software for relaying lab results is intuitive.

Cons

The patient engagement portion (called Passport) is fair, but needs to catch up with the rest of the software.

ZZ

Zain Z.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

So far, there isn't anything better available, but that's not saying much

Pros

the search function is intelligent and well-implemented free integrations with lab interfaces to allow lab data to be imported as data instead of as images of faxed pages.

Cons

The thing about it is that I am also a programmer. I work on web design, UI/UX, and frankly the UX sucks. But so does every other EMR. For many reasons, these companies just don't give a shit about the physician user experience, and things that are mainstream in other areas of tech (like a11y, typographic rhythm/size/width/readability, text contrast, material design, etc.) are totally foreign in the medical space. There is no mobile version on the web (they recently launched an app in the app store for iPhone, because apparently they think it's still 2011) - it's just the desktop site that requires you to pinch and zoom because no one there cared enough to write media queries in their css.

MS

Mara S.

Happy user

Pros

I love the Passport option for patients to directly communicate with me

Cons

There's not much I don't like about it. It's very functional for adult primary care

IM

Ilanit M.

Good entry-level product

We decided to discontinue with Elation Health for a variety of reasons: customer support wasn't great, there was no analytics or robust reporting, and it wouldn't have allowed us to scale our business in a way that we envision for our company. It is a good entry-level EHR software but is not robust enough for our needs.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and the features and functionality were relatively intuitive. Everyone on the team was able to figure out pretty quickly how to use it and we were able to deploy it quickly.

Cons

There is no data analytics so it is not possible to track trends. There is no billing functionality so it is not an all-in-one software. Reporting was not robust. Not many other products integrated with Elation Health which made it challenging to develop our processes.

MW

Mark W.

Glad we switched.

Very happy that we made the switch.

Pros

E-prescribing and the activity dashboard are my most favorite features. They are very intuitive and do not take a lot of training to master.

Cons

Medication interactions are too restrictive in the e-prescribing even on the setting for only major interactions. Importing our old program into Elation was not to my satisfaction. I have to go to my old system and import the record into Elation manually for EACH patient.

CM

Colleen M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

MD/owner

Are they going out of business? No one ever returns our messages.

Pros

Ease of use for patient records w template notes, well organized. Set was easy. Cost ok. Interface well with our labs/pharmacies. No issues with prescribing We like the patient portal: we only opened for outgoing messages.

Cons

Customer service is non existent They do not answer calls or emails (in fact they do not have any voice mail set up) They recommended Practice Suites as a billing partner ("we love them, great partner, will meet all your billing needs") and it totally destroyed my revenue cycle. promised us an OB flow sheet when we signed up...3 years ago. Absolutely awful

WM

William M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

This Ehr system has everything you need to run your practice and is kept up to date .

When Soapware stopped this EHR is better , more up to date , great support , easy to use and good value for your money

Pros

prescription of medications including scheduled medication , so easy to use and up to date all the time. Telemedicine which is a new feature and very easy to use and has great video . If there is issue with the software , it is quickly addressed .

Cons

I Cant think at this moment issue with this software.