TherapyNotes Reviews

4.65/5 (435 reviews)

Jonadab Franco, MSW, LCSW

An easy to use electronic health record system

Reviewed 2019-01-03

TherapyNotes has been able to help me stay on task, coordinate care for my patients and assisting with insurance billing. Which many of you know this task alone can be a nightmare. TherapyNotes also helps you enroll in electronic billing or ERA with step-by-step actions of the insurance enrollment application process. TherapyNotes also offers assistance to clinicians that want to become credential on insurance panels (this is an extra fee of course, but is the most affordable one that I have found so far). All of these tasks can be a hassle. TherapyNotes calendar is easy to use and the cost per month service is affordable compared to other EHR's.I frequently tell my patients that math and computers have been a challenge for me. When I was searching for an electronic health record system, I found TherapyNotes.com which is an easy to use electronic health record. I had considered other EHR vendors or software before TherapyNotes such as AlphaFlex and Encounter Works. AlphaFlex was out of my budget reach, simply put they were asking for $700.00 monthly for solo-private-practice practitioners. Then Encounter Works was a nightmare EHR since the system was complicated and difficult to navigate. TherapyNotes is easy to use and affordable. It takes no time in learning how to use the software, and the unlimited customer support line is fantastic in helping you discover new tasks and providing excellent training. TherapyNotes has been my best friend in completing required insurance, Medicaid and Medicare needed documentation. Their system is audit proof since you cannot bill for services until you have completed your documentation keeping you within the documentation compliance between most insurance agencies.

Donna Delich

Excellent Company

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Excellent company I have been with Therapy Notes for over three years and have never had a bad experience with the product or the service. They go above and beyond to make sure you as a provider or user have the help and support you need. They are constantly making improvements in the software and they make taking care of the paperwork end of business so easy. I have had pleasant and great experiences every time I call their support team with questions. No question is left unanswered nor are they too trivial. They try to make the product as user friendly as possible and are there to guide you through it all. I love that my notes are professional and easily read, all information that needs to be in them are there, I once got audited on a couple of clients by Medicaid and it was so easy to pull up what I needed and get it sent in. Passed with flying colors because all that I needed was in the note format. My clients all get a reminder text or call and they love it. I appreciate all the hard work they do on their end to make this a top of the line product for those of us on the front lines with clients. Billing is easy and user friendly. i would and have recommended this company to anyone looking for a good safe and professional product to help you in keeping documentation and billing orderly and consistent with expectations of our fields of practice. Thank you Therapy Notes!I like everything about it. It is user friendly, if you need help the support team is exceptional. Notes are professional and clear, easy to read, treatment plans are wonderfully easy and all you need for notes are available for documentation. Their billing is easy and support is a phone call or email away. I have used the product for 3 years plus and have never had a bad experience with the company. It keeps confidentiality, and ease of keeping client information in a safe place.

Shawn Davis

A great therapy office addition

Reviewed 2012-10-24

Overall I am very happy with the system and recommend it for practices of all sizes. The pros out weight the cons. Most of the negatives I have found are potential future features. There is already a plan to integrate appointment reminders to clients, which will be a great time saver. I have found updates to the system to occur very quickly and good follow through on promised features. They owners are definitely motivated to keep customers happy when able. Notes are easy to enter for a busy practice. I love the features of uploading old paper charts for storage (other programs don't allow this). The feature of customizing procedure codes and interventions are a great option. The system is extremely easy to use. The to do list section is great for seeing notes that you may have forgotten to write, to notify you when a treatment plan is due, and to remind you to discharge clients who are no longer active. This is been extremely helpful to keep charts current. The ability to log in from other computers helps for accessing client information in a crisis without needing to go to the office. When I get requests for charts, I can easily download notes to fax or email without problems. The feature of generating client statements helps save a lot of time.

Andrea H

Therapy Notes for Administrative Use

Reviewed 2018-08-29

For me personally, and we have four offices filled with providers, Therapy Notes has enough options to fit the majority of our needs. I appreciate the quick support feedback. That's an important feature to me as a manager. I also appreciate their quick updates when there is an issue with the program, which is going to happen in any program one uses. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they keep all of their users up-to-date in real time. I think Therapy Notes is a really good program and I would recommend it to anyone in this industry. The software is pretty easy to use and set it up to what works best for your practice/office. I have trained many people on Therapy Notes since we started using it in February of 2016. The software is intuitive and learning the ins and outs is not too time consuming. I like it much, and I mean MUCH, better than our previous software program.

Katie Mahony

Awesome in Every Way!

Reviewed 2016-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Therapy Notes is the most Outstanding clinical documentation & billing software system I have ever used. It's "Ease of Use" is exceptional. But during times it may be difficult to solve your problem on your own, TN has a Rapid Customer Service Response Time (typically 24 or less via email), in addition to a vast array of Tutorials to access that are clearly written and easy to follow on just about every topic imaginable. I love having access to a knowledge-based library this comprehensive that I can utilize at times I need to look up a quick procedure I had forgotten or for when I need an answer quicker than it may take for TN to respond (NOTE: I'm referring to an email response!) You do have the option of calling the TN support team and receiving instant customer service from a friendly, patient TN support representative. One thing I love is that in the 4-5 short months I've been using TN, I've had to contact Support for a number of matters, as I am a new, first time practice owner. It's very comforting to be greeted by or responded to by the same set of people on staff to assist me. The consistent low turn over rate says a lot about the management of a company and the staff at TN genuinely make me feel as if they're getting to know me and my company/account personally. Some of the actual features that has made my job easier by switching to Therapy Notes is their multiple drop down menu features for Clinical Interventions, or the History drop down tap, which you can click on during a session with your Client to instantly review their status from their last session. Scheduling is a breeze, Billing is effortless and the Patient Portal is exceptional. The features are endless and I can't rave about it enough. Not to mention, they take ALL suggestions for improvement into consideration and actually respond to those requests with gratitude while providing you feedback on your request. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE, YET THOROUGH AND COMPREHENSIVE SYSTEM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSION, THEN THERAPY NOTES IS THE ONE TO CHOOSE. HANDS DOWN, IT HAS MADE MY JOB SIMPLER AND HAS FREED UP VALUABLE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN NOW ALLOCATE TO MY FAMILY OR OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST. STOP RESEARCHING NOW! I personally signed up for the 30 day free trial to 5 or 6 different systems simultaneously when trying to make my choice as to which company to use. THERAPY NOTES IS ALL YOU NEED. Enjoy!

Kerrin Houser

Great Experience with Therapy Notes

Reviewed 2015-03-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Therapy Notes has been the best thing we have done for our practice. It has saved time, money and space. I own a group practice and we are able to have multiple clinicians using the system at the same time. TherapyNotes will automatically do the billing with one click once the client information is entered and the note is finished. The notes are extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The notes can definitely be filled out between sessions to maximize your time. There is also no need for bulky file cabinets as all of the client documents can be scanned and entered into the system. It is very user-friendly, even my most technology challenged clinician can use it at ease. Also, the customer service is amazing. You can ask them any question and they will answer it, usually within a few minutes, at most a few hours. I would recommend this product to any clinician who wants to keep his or her sanity and time. Everything is all in one place and life is much more streamlined for sure! This product has literally saved my practice.

Gelsie Hahn

My general experience with Therapynotes has been good. The program is versatile, efficient and very

Reviewed 2018-04-15

This is a very good software that deals with most all of my company's needs in a user-friendly format with very good customer service.My pros for Therapynotes are: user-friendly for staff and clinicians; different degrees of accessibility for users as set up by the administrator; most of the office's working can be assess in Therapynotes (such as patient reminders, different levels of accounting, and patient files); good availability to the company for support which has been friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt; easy insurance billing, quick and efficient remit processing, easy entry and manageability of insurance companies, CPT codes, and other billing codes; patient progress notes are in a usable and a nicely tailored format for mental health usage, and diagnoses are generated when you begin to type it in versus having to know the ICD 10 codes.

Al Levy

TherapyNotes.com

Reviewed 2017-10-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Therapy Notes, after I have tried many other versions of therapist practice billing softwares is hands down the number one software billing program in my book. As a PhD psychotherapist in private practice since 1977 in Manhattan and Westport CT and supervisor of private practice clinicians since 1984, I highly recommend Therapy Notes for all your Private Practice Psychotherapist needs!Excellent software for billing and staying HIPPAA compliant while doing so. It guarantees that before you bill, all your necessary notes and compliances are in complete order.This software is a must for the Professional Therapist who has a new or established practice, especially if you have been in provate practice for many years already

John Laskowski

Always looking out for the provider

Reviewed 2018-08-03

There's a lot to like. Unlike the EHR at my previous agency, TherapyNotes.com speaks actual psychologist lingo and seems to include nothing unnecessary. Lately, they've provided free one-credit continuing education courses about ethics, attachment, mindfulness, and other relevant topics. I queried whether they could seek APA-accreditation for the CEU's (in addition to the already-in-place NBCC-accreditation) in order to meet my state's requirements, and customer service replied that they *already* have an application submitted with APA. I've requested that with other CEU providers in the past and have gotten a negative response...so I'm especially thankful for TherapyNotes.com!

Practice Management Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Using TherapyNotes.com allows me to confidently run my business, especially since I handle billing, scheduling, and documentation, in addition to providing the service. Thanks TherapyNotes!I most appreciate the organization the software provides. From running revenue reports to scheduling patient appointments, it keeps my time on the computer minimal and efficient. Customer Support has also been helpful on a number of occasions when I've called in to ask questions or get directions on performing a specific task.

Anonymous

Overall TherapyNotes is a great program for solo and small providers who are needing a EHR program.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

TherapyNotes is a great program for small providers who are needing to move to EHR/EMD. The interface is easy to follow, and the support team is easy to work with and great in resolving issues. I have recommended this platform to numerous peers and colleagues in the Mental Health Counseling or Psychotherapy fields.

Ugochi Babajide

# One Go-To

Reviewed 2018-08-02

I’d been holding off on reviewing Therapy Notes for nearly 2 years now because I’ve had this feeling that the moment I do, i’d jinx it. The truth is that I have not had a single bad experience with Therapy Notes since I got started. They have been so considerate. They understood that I although I needed a quality method of writing my notes, scheduling and submitting claims, I was also starting out - setting up my practice in a new city; and they took that into consideration in their pricing. Prior to Therapy Notes, I did my notes myself. Can I just say, it was HECTIC and time consuming. Now, note-taking and scheduling as well as submitting claims, are a breeze. Therapy Notes has surely made my work easier - to say the least. Special shout out to team. It’s simply awesome! Very kind, patient and polite, never failed me and I bet she never will. Therapy Notes...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and HR...keep hiring awesome workers. Creating progress notes (option to select from history) Submitting claims Scheduling and email reminders To many to list!

Anonymous

An excellent system for any therapist

Reviewed 2018-12-21

Excellent overall experience and I recommend TherapyNotes to any therapist I talk to. So comforting to have a system customized for therapists that helps make record keeping, documentation, and admin responsibilities run smoothly so we can focus on client-care. I have worked in other organizations that didn't have a system like TherapyNotes and it was a nightmare keeping up on notes and billing.Ease of scheduling and billing. Very knowledgeable and responsive customer support. The format of the psychotherapy progress note is excellent and has passed insurance audits with flying colors. It provides a great amount of safe-guards to help minimize documentation and billing errors. The amount of features offered for the price is outstanding in my opinion.

Suzi Anthony

The transition from paper record keeping to TherapyNotes was smooth and easier than expected!

Reviewed 2017-09-17

Moving from a paper system to an electronic record keeping system. Increased efficiency in my record keeping.I can't say enough great things about TherapyNotes, LLC. I am a licensed psychologist who has been in private practice for 10 years. I switched from a paper system to TherapyNotes about two years ago. At first I was worried that the adjustment would be rough on an "old-schooler" like me, but the transition was smooth and I found the platform very user friendly. I love that TherapyNotes integrates my calendar, to-do list, notes and billing - it helps me to keep organized and on top of my practice. The progress note template provided is quick and easy to complete yet thorough. If you're looking to change to an electronic record keeping system, I would highly recommend TherapyNotes, LLC.

Annie Coburn-Kane

Makes a small practice possible!

Reviewed 2017-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using TherapyNotes for a year. The improvements over time make the program easier to use, which only improves my satisfaction. With the note taking template I find my practice to be more goal oriented, as opposed to "problem du jour," and the ability to print out professional looking Intake Evals, notes and billing records provides very professional looking communication. I was skeptical that I had the brain to do billing, but the features of this program are intuitive and the phone support is so patient and knowledgeable, that even I can pull this off without hiring a biller. The price is quite reasonable. I was paying a lease fee that was a quarter to a third of what I was making at a group practice. The text message reminders are effective and scheduling portal saves me time on the phone. I have only had one person miss an appointment. TherapyNotes allows me to practice in a rural, underserved population without having a long commute to make my living. I feel a sense of satisfaction every time I use it. It's almost like having your own staff in a tablet! I use an iPad and a jet pack. I have a laptop for downloading the Electronic Funds Transactions that are not yet automatic. The service is reliable. It's never not come through and the system always responds. Ease of use

Starlene Spencer

User friendly plenty of options for our office setting. Great customer service they are very helpful

Reviewed 2018-04-13

The system is easy to learn. They have great options such as the automatic reminder system this helps cut down on individual calling. The new patient portal option seems to be helpful.

Allen Levy

I love the support and the professional quality of Therapy Notes.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Greatest efficiency of appointment scheduling and billing as well as accurate documentation of all therapy sessions I love the support and the professional quality of Therapy Notes. I have tried most of the programs for therapist billing and practice out there today and Therapy Notes stands head and shoulders above the rest. Having been in practice for 40 years now, I hope to be able to continue for the next few decades with Therapy Notes as my professional companion.

Cheryl Elam

Extremely comprehensive and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-07-05
Review Source: Software Advice

After this recent malware attack, they will be stronger and better prepared than most companies out there providing Electronic Medical Records. The product is extremely well written, with all the functionality that you need in a private practice or a group practice. It is also extremely easy to use. Customer service is excellent all well. It was written by a group of experienced software engineers, and the main developer/owner is married to a psychologist! This is probably one of the reasons it is so comprehensive, they both are experts in the respective fields and know what was needed at the onset.

stephen meyers

Great EMR for private practice mental health

Reviewed 2017-06-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, this is a great product. Customer support is second to none, I'd recommend this solution to any private practice owner. This EMR is as user-friendly as they come. Set up and integration are quite simple, scheduling is a breeze, and EDI claim submission requires little more than a click of the mouse. If you own a small to medium sized counseling practice, I highly recommend this product. TherapyNotes is a no-frills, cost effective solution for any practice owner looking to simplify scheduling and billing functions.

Betty J. Owen

Betty J. Owen, LCSW, Clinical Director

Reviewed 2012-06-05

I recommend this program to everyone small or large agencies. It meets and surpasses all expectations for a documentation program. The interfacing is clean and efficient. Scheduler is a breeze. Record keeping is amazing. When I meet with other organizations I suggest they take a look at this wonderful and timely program. Our State Licensing Auditor reported it was her easiest audit due to the ease in navigation of Therapy Notes. The only suggestion she has is for us to have a clinician section where all license, insurance, etc. could be accessible while auditing each clinician. Even the State Auditor loves Therapy Notes. We love your program. It has resulted in the biggest change in our office for the past ten years. I love the document uploads and its ease of use. Jordan West researched and reviewed many software programs before being introduced to therapy notes. It has resulted Simplification in our practice Decreased paperwork. We scan and drop all documentation into each client file reducing the need to handle client files. We have gone nearly paperless due to therapy notes. It is easy to navigate. Ease of auditing clinician files have improved record keeping. It was a nightmare each month to complete audits on client files. Time and energy saving. Documentation may be completed at home or at the office Training requirements are minimal. HIPAA standards are in place which allows clinicians to have confidence in documentation. Great Support Staff.

Anthony Zamudio

Time saving

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Easy to use the very first time; doesn't require a lot of software knowledge I really love the program because their technical support is very helpful especially with helping me figure out billing procedures. One service representative gave me additional advice on what to include with mailing billing to major insurance company to get reimbursed (he went beyond what other software companies have provided me in the past)

Bunny Stanfield

Couldn't be more satisfied!

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I love TN because I can do all of my documentation and billing at the end of each visit. I don't need a clerical staff, billing service or an exchange service. I can be a one person business and spend my time on my work with patients. Also, the Technical Help staff if really knowledgeable re: billing, coding, documentation etc. and have been able to get me through even the most gnarly issues. It is easy to use, keeps me on track and when my docs are reviewed by the insurance companies they have never made suggestions about how I could improve my documentation or that I am missing something important like timely tx plans, interventions etc.

Linda Morrison

I Couldn't Do This Business of Mine Without Therapy Notes!

Reviewed 2018-08-18

The software is simple to understand. Easy note writing, billing, scheduing and reminders to clients. Everything I need is right in one place. What I like the best is that it always works. If I have a question the support people are AMAZING and helpful and quick to respond with clear correct information on how to solve my issue. I feel very well supported. I have no patience for technical issues and with Therapy Notes I know I will be able to get any answers I need. The best part is that it is rare that I even have a question because the system works so well.

Antoninus Hines, JR.

Why You Need TherapyNotes

Reviewed 2018-10-05

It's been sensational and made my job so much easier. We're talking from a black and white infomercial struggle to a color view of life with the product difference here.This software is intuitive and does a good job of only displaying the information needed for the page that you're viewing or task you're trying to undertake. Easy to use.

Doug Girard

Disappointed after 3 years with the platform

Reviewed 2018-03-11

Good documentation management. Well-designed for use with families and minors. Billing features met my needs as a practitioner not accepting insurance.