RoomKeyPMS Reviews

Pros

Katie Mclane with roomkey has been outstanding in her ability to help with any issues I have encountered.

Paul B.

It is a strong and neat system that is easy to navigate, the information layout is clean and clear and the menu is great. The fact it is cloud-based is great as it can be navigated from anywhere.

If you want a cost effective product that is easy to deploy, very easy to train your team to use and has many of the bells and whistles you would want - this is the right program.

Jeannette C.

Cons

Now, I need to block out something 6 months from now - same software error. The code doesn't recognize my last name as the owner.

Pat S.

Had some trouble with the meals tracking on the reports.

Barb W.

Not very convenient for hostel type accommodation, more suited to hotel properties. Customer service is very poor, difficult to get answers to many questions.

Zul B.

4.1

The Most Versatile PMS

This is the best PMS out there for my money. Opera is certainly the standard, but RoomKey does everything needed.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access my hotel from anywhere. I travel often and working with a property management system that I can access from anywhere provides loads of benefits.

Cons

The MAC interface was very frustrating, but it has since been developed a little better. I hope they develop their Apple product over time.

Great For Large Companies

My overall experience with Roomkey however, has been good with the customer service and tracking my bookings well. Great program with room for improvement, need more flexibility, but customer service is friendly and helpful. I don't feel stupid for asking any question I have and the solutions are taught in a way I can follow easily.

Pros

The customer service is unparalleled, lovely people, very helpful and informative. Lots of features and reports to run for what you need. Customizable for your individual business. Integrate with online platforms to get more customers.

Cons

If you are a smaller business I wouldn't recommend this program, it doesn't have a different package option with less features so I'm not overwhelmed with things I don't need. It is geared towards bigger companies like hotels or corporate. Difficult to navigate the program, not ease of access. Reports are hard to read as well.

Thank you for your positive review and feedback.

udating

Roomkey is easy to grasp most general areas. the finite idosyncrinicities can be a little difficult for a less computer literate person to understand but it can be trained into them.

Pros

Cons

Elearn needs to be kept current with the versions of roomkey so that we can accuratly train new employees. whenever a new version comes out a complete list of all the changes made should be provided before the version comes out so that policies that may be affected by the changes can be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. the tokenization of CC#'s has created some issues. Having the "settle" button on the authorized transaction window is almost a nessesity for our property. there are issues with authorizations becomeing confusing for our guests and they think we have double charged them. Iknow that better training in this area does solve most issues but when new employees are just learning roomkey they make mistakes and the settle button can solve this.

eLearn - we are currently working on making our online training library more user friendly by merging documents. This will make it much easier to find what you¿¿¿re looking for. As an example, if you were looking for a document on how to change your rates, you would go to the Rates Module Document and the table of contents will direct you to the section on how to change rates. Documents for new versions - We have started this process as of our most recent release. On all future upgrades we plan to send updated docs out a few weeks before the release date so that clients can learn about new features in advance and be better prepared to get the most out of RoomKey Settle button for Shift 4 ¿¿¿ This has been added in our new release.

Awesome Support

Support is awesome! specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

I like that the software is intuitive, easy to use and easy to train.

Cons

There are a few things that the system is not capable of doing that I am use to with Opera and OnQ.

Excellent Software at a Great Price & Excellent Customer Support

From the time I first contacted RoomKeyPMS to inquire about their software, which is over five years ago, to today, I have always had amazing customer support. Our property is tiny, only 14 rooms, yet they treat us as if we were their biggest customer. We don't get that treatment from most vendors due to our size.

Pros

RoomKey PMS has all the functionality of large hotel chain software, but is easier to use and has a better look and feel to it. And you can't beat its value for the price.

Cons

There really isn't much to improve for our hotel. It has all the bells and whistles we need, and then some.

Thank you Shelly for your excellent review. If there is anything we can help with please let us know.

Roomkey Worth the money and easy to use

Roomkey is worth the money investment. It has very nice customer support and easy to use. All our CRS systems work well with it.

Pros

Very easy and handy to use Great customer support service Compatible with many CRS systems

Cons

It would be great to have the mobile check-in with e-key function It would be nice to upgrade the rate loading calendar and setting

Thank you for your review Ayu. It's a pleasure working with your team.

Boutique Hotel PMS

Pros

The software is well designed for small-medium sized hotels, the cost is low compared to other PMS relooked at. Lots of great functions such as Group Reservations, Add-ons to upsell on booking engine, Built-in booking engine, integrations with various POS and other software. The Forum is a great place to suggest improvements. The reason we picked it is because our city of operation loses electricity and internet often, and the Smart Files allows us to do check-ins and check-outs regardless. Offers all the great upgrades for hotels that need it to grow.

Cons

Very few cons, but if I had to state a couple: Takes a long time to get a Mac version developed, only Windows. Integrations are pricey but there is a vast array to choose from. Antiquated MS-DOs looking platform, could use some updating. Just small things

Thank you very much for the review. We strive to be a affordable PMS that is high-value. Please make sure to update free to RoomKeyPMS 10 for the updated modern look. Thanks for the feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

It helped us grow

They were the right change for us when we switched. I didn't feel like they developed much for our use. Their development seemed to focus on products that cost money to implement.

Pros

For the most part easy to use. There were several reports I liked a lot.

Cons

no mobility to use the product. Groups sales had some issues. The product seemed slow compared to other systems.

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate the feedback. We have recently launched a new mobile check-in and check-out functionality you may not be aware of that may address some of your mobile needs. You can see the details at: https://roomkeypms.com/products/mobile/

Worked Great our needs as a small company

Good

Pros

We didn't need all the bells and whistles of a more expensive PMS, and this was a good fit at the time.

Cons

It wasn't really customized for the extended stay aspect of our business

Pros

I like some of the functions, and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I feel that there needs to be some upgrades to the software

Thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased to advise that our design team is currently working on some updates to the design of the software. We are very excited to unveil this very soon!

User Friendly

Along with the ease of use, the customer support of the friendly staff was a bonus!

Pros

This was an easy transition from franchise mandated software to an independent hotel PMS. Our staff was able to learn in literally days. All the necessary reports and management tools were available as well.

Cons

There were a few functions that I felt could of been more easily accessed, but overall the things I liked about the program outweighed the cons.

RaeAnn, thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent review. We are pleased to hear that your transition to RoomKeyPMS was very easy and we really appreciate your business. Our customer support team are here for you anytime!

Outstanding Customer Service

From start to finish, the company was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. They listened to what we needed and because we are a non-profit and not the usual type of client to use PMS software, they showed us how to use the system to our advantage and worked with us on customizing some reports that we found necessary.

Pros

As a non-profit organization, the combination of features and affordability made this product a winner. The platform is easy to navigate, the dashboard is very user friendly and if you don't know how to do something, there are hundreds of FAQs and How to articles with step by step instructions and screen shots to guide you. If you still need help, the customer service is exceptional. They are prompt, polite, knowledgeable and very friendly.

Cons

I have not found anything that I haven't liked.

Hi Charles. Thank you for the review. You and your team a pleasure to work with.

Simply the BEST!

Pros

The program along with interfaces are extremely easy to deploy and very, very user friendly! Their entire team are experienced hoteliers with warm, genuine and caring personalities. They take a personal approach in everything they do. They are continuously seeking ways to improve the product by reaching out to end users for feedback and beta testing. They also strive to ensure exceptional client services at every single touch point and beyond!

Cons

The only thing I would say I find challenging; when we first began with the program a little over 10 years ago I had become very used to having one main "go to" person I worked with as an ideas and support person. This allowed for a great working relationship and a clear understanding of needs and wishes. Now there is a team and I don't know all of them as well and sometimes communication isn't as clear as I would prefer - this would be from both my side and theirs.

Provides everything we need and is constantly innovating.

Streamlined daily operations, ease of training new employees, allows us to successfully serve our guests very intuitively.

Pros

Cloud-based, very user-friendly and easy to train, readily available training materials, accessible and attentive client resources, very responsive customer service, easy to manage and build any needed reports within the platform, allows us to integrate with all relevant industry software, provides ease and convenience to our daily duties, and constantly improving and anticipating the changing needs of our industry.

Cons

There is nothing to report, any potential issue was solved quickly or worked around easily. They welcome suggestions for improvement, and I readily provide them.

management functions, set up functions, shift functions, night audit functions

Pros --There has been a lot of very nice features that have helped us serve our Guests better. - The quick access to information on the home screen. - Quick Check-in and Check-out processes - Intuitive nature of the software (anticipates what the clerk needs to do next) - Credit Card Processing has been extremely easy and user friendly. Shift4 Interface is great ...

Cons

Room Key Pays for Itself!

Overall recommendation, looking into RSI would be a benefit to any hotel looking to maximize their revenue, save time, use state of art technology for GDS, key cards, credit card processing, etc. It's truly a magnificent system and the favorite aspect of our front desk

Pros

As a General Manager of 20 years in the hospitality industry I can confidently say our hotels performance is directly linked to Room Key. The technology is affordable; the staff at RSI is extremely cutting edge. Within the first six months of using RSI our occupancy went up 10%. Our staff honestly loves the system, front desk can be trained to take reservations and oversee check-ins within a few hours....

Cons

Well, in regards to the cons of the software, I guess there are a couple of things that I would like to see in future upgrades. We'd like to see the tape chart show a few additional days and we would like to enhance the logo imaging on the confirmations that we email out along with the fonts and overall design. We'd also like to add a function that drops held reservations with out guarantees after a preset time.

User Friendly and Exceptional Service

We have been using RoomKey PMS for a year now and it has been a great experience. The cloud based PMS allows me to connect to the property from anywhere in the world making it easy to access information or assist other users at any time. The interface is user friendly making it easy to train new employees on. The advanced user functions offer many solutions to revenue and property management. The...

Top Customer Support

RoomKey has many features and is relatively easy to use. Customer Support is excellent!

Pros

There are a variety of uses and customer support is quick and helpful.

Cons

Not sure why some updates change things that work for us. I.E. recent update does not save the last search name which was very helpful to us.

Thank you very much for your review. We take pride in ensuring we are able to provide immediate support for our customers. We appreciate the feedback regarding updates and will coordinate with our development team for review.

Good Product

Strong internet access is highly suggested to get better results on product use

Pros

Positive note about this product is that it is very easy to use and it very user friendly-- I love the menu because its simple! This software operates in the cloud so access is from anywhere you have internet

Cons

The product itself is outstanding. I've use this product and sometimes trying to get through customer service may take you a while.

Awesome Customer Service and Support Team!

Pros

The software is user friendly, and easy to manage when it comes to reports.

Cons

Housekeeping side of the program can be enhanced.

Hi Wanda. Thank you for your positive review. We are planning some enhancements to our tablet/web-based housekeeping module. If you haven't started using this module please let us know at support@roomkeypms.com so we can get you setup.

Great product to get started

Pros

Cons

Some of the reporting could be advanced, saying that they need to work on the customer service as it is not very effective.

Roomkey is the cornerstone of our growth

Our property has been using Roomkey since 2011. At first we wanted a simple front desk PMS to track reservations, check-in/out, and print confirmations. Roomkey Basic sounded like the right product at that time. As our business grew the demands changed. We now use Roomkey Full to implement group bookings, corporate accounts, & city ledger. We just made the choice to connect via GDS recently after...

Bad pms system

Pros

That it is a very simple system. There isn’t much to it

Cons

The user interface is terrible. It looks so outdated and customer service is terrible

Great PMS for Independent Hotels & Property Management

A solid PMS system for a new hotel with mixed use inventory, a robust rate strategy and many amenities.

Pros

RoomKey has robust features built into the basic package with affordable add-ons for numerous property types. The customer service and a support team that lives up to the sales pitch (which isn't always the case). It is a solid choice of PMS systems for independent hotels and small hotel companies not tied into proprietary PMS systems.

Cons

I honestly have not come across any real cons. Perhaps the information provided, pre-installation, could have been more robust. The client I was working with to choose and implement was not very knowledgeable and likely could not have done the installation without our help.

Easily one of the best hotel management systems in the market.

Pros

You can track your hotel's data from anywhere around the world due its cloud based system. The amount and different types of reports you can generate can give you a better idea of how efficient your hotel runs.

Cons

The UI needs improvement. It can better managed to show you important information. The system tends to have a lot of bugs and tech support is generally called.