ThinkReservations Logo

Cloud-based hospitality property & booking management system

ThinkReservations Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cloudbeds
rezstream-cloud-pms
hostaway

It has been a very positive experience. The excellent support is like none I have ever experienced.
I have had nothing but positive experiences with ThinkReservations. Their customer service is easily available and they are always happy to help.
Seamless interface with my existing website, ease of client use, and great, responsive support.
I have worked with many other companys so there is some functionality that I do miss such as trying to find a guest without having their name, call me option rather than showing no availability.
Also when I do get a live person they do not seem to be as knowledgable as in the past and that can be frustrating and time consuming for me.

SE

Susan E.

Transition from 3 yrs of Wix to TR is painless

I am a new customer, who has used Wix for the past 3.5 years. I still use Wix, but stopped using the hotel feature. TR was able to port my info over, and the booking engine looks like my web site. Reports use all my booking data, even the 3+ years of Wix data. Going live was painless, with just one hiccup. When I turned Wix Hotels off, the TR booking engine needed to be re-set to point to the new Rooms tab.

Pros

Great flexibility in making changes to reservations, creation of rules for min night stays, credit card usage, and deposit rules. Good reports. Very easy to use on phone, can take reservations and new credit card info while working on my phone. Excellent customer service, even on a holiday weekend. Professional looking correspondence, with sophisticated templates and rules for when to send. Easy to find history on a reservation that is modified by more than one person. Easy to read and scroll calendar with easy links for zooming in. Never have to leave customer or reservation screen to take credit card info. Easy to merge duplicate customers.

Cons

Calendar notes don't work on iphone or ipad. I would like to have an ap just for the phone, however the regular website works pretty well on it.

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great to see that you've taken advantage of so many of our features to help run your business and that you've found our customer service to be valuable! We also love to hear that the transition was quick and easy. We'll be talking with our tech team about the calendar notes feature for mobile devices and we'll be in touch through Support. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

CL

Carol L.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great software, great customer support

Pros

This program is very easy to use and easy to learn how to use.

Cons

Customizing is not the easiest. There are a few features I wish I could change or customize but overall it's a great product

Hi Carol, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! It's great to hear that you've found the system so easy to use and have been able to benefit from our customer support team. We really appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

MC

Madison C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

ThinkReservations

Pros

The software has demos that are helpful for understanding the program. It has great integration's with various booking websites

Cons

Depending on how much you are planning to spend, it can be a little pricey.

Hi Madison, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you've found our educational training videos and channel manager integrations beneficial to your business. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

JO

John O.

ThinkReservations review

Good experience. Allows me to book and keep track of reservations and bill.

Pros

Easy to use and good support.

Cons

Doesn't have some of the features I would like.

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great hearing that you've found the system easy to use and have had a positive experience whenever you've contacted our Support team. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

GW

Greg W.

Review of ThinkReservations software

Positive experience with Think.

Pros

Ease of use, complete and accurate transfer of data from previous system. Think is very responsive to customer requests for customization.

Cons

nothing. Why I am I forced to write 40 chars?

TL

Teresa L.

Great functionality and support

I love Think Reservations. It usually works seamlessly and when it doesn’t—usually due to user error!—their customer support team is great at solving the issue.

Pros

Their software keeps evolving and improving.

Cons

Not always easy to adjust in the beginning, but customer service is exceptionally good.

LH

Loretta H.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Awesome Application!

A slight issue when setting up our rates. It was actually incorrectly configured originally by Think, but as I mentioned above I wanted multiple rates for a room and in my opinion maybe that should have been discouraged, as it creates multiple calendars. Of course, being challenged forced me to figure out and learn the software better and we couldn't be more pleased. Wished we had it 12 years ago when we first opened, but back then just having a website was a big deal :)

Pros

I spent a lot of time researching different Reservation software options before going with Think. Think offered us the functionality we wanted, but at an affordable price. I love the Reports the best, it makes both watching your stats and tax time a breeze! Of course the ease of making a reservation for potential guests and the look of the page matching my website plus the ability to act as channel manager with OTA's if desired were must have's and Think does very well.

Cons

We have a lot of repeat guests and although I'm sure it's for security reasons their credit card information is not retained. I also find last minute reservations receive too many emails because the system automatically sends the confirmation and reminders out. And lastly, it's too difficult managing multiple rates running simultaneously because of the different calendars.

Hi Loretta, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations! It's great to hear how much you love the reports! We spent a lot of time researching how to make sure they provide what our customers need to be successful. We have added the ability for you to choose to retain credit cards with an individual guest, so we'll definitely have a member of our team reach out to make sure you know how to use this feature! We really appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations to play this important role in your business!

MP

Mary P.

We love ThinkReservations!!

I love the reservation system, the ease of use, the reports, the HELP CENTER is awesome, live customer service can not be beat. We have added packages that pop up when a reservation is being made that has definitely generated more revenue for us. I can't say enough good things about this company. We Love it!!

Pros

I was looking for a program that was user friendly but yet had all of the functions that I needed to run my business and would be cost efficient. THINK has all of this and so much more! We have been delighted from the begining. We ended up switching programs at the height of our busy season last year and I was concerned about learning the system during such a busy time. Executive was just a phone...

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like.

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! Our favorite part of your review is reading how you were able to upgrade during your busy season! We really strive to make the process as easy as possible and we love seeing that this is exactly what happened for you. We also love to see that you've had such a great experience when working with our team - we really do love what we do! It means so much to us that you trust ThinkReservations with such an important role in your business!

PB

Pat Bishop B.

Best decision EVER!!!!!

As an innkeeper we all wear many hats throughout the day. I appreciate anything that will allow me to do the tasks at hand, but will let me spend more time with our guests. It's easy, supportive and has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I admit it...... I am a creature of habit and I kind of like the ruts I make and am stubborn in wanting to change my ways, but I am so thankful that we listened at one of our conferences and decided to make the change. It was so easy to learn and if we do have questions....they are there for us! Our guests have found it easy to use as well and I love it pairs so well with our third party credit card company to make the financial part of the business easier as well.

Cons

I guess, if anything, my only challenge has been how the taxes are charged when the bill is paid. it sometimes will be off by a few cents and does not correlate with my quickbooks

Hi Pat, Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic review of ThinkReservations! We're so glad you made the decision to become a "Thinker"! We love to hear that you're saving time so you can be more attentive to your guests. It's also great knowing your guests have found our booking engine to be easy to use! We pride ourselves on the accuracy of our reports! ThinkReservations rounds taxes on each line item of the bill instead of the total of the bill, so we'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you shortly to walk you through where any discrepancy might be. Thank you so much for trusting ThinkReservations for such an important part of your business.

AB

Allison B.

Hospitality, self-employed

Great System for Small Inns

Owning an inn for over 17 years, I have used several reservation systems. ThinkReservations is the most user-friendly. And the price can't be beat. The only drawback is they don't offer website templates and hiring a company to build it for you can be very expensive. But they have builders they work with, so don't let that deter you if you have the funds. You will make it up with the price of their product.

Pros

The Calendar is easy to navigate and the emails are stylized and can be scheduled.

Cons

Many reservation systems now offer to build and host your website as part of the setup. It would be nice if Thinkreservations offered that.

SC

Susan C.

Swiss Army Knife of Reservation Software

Being a complete novice to the hospitality biz, I was happy that sellers had been using Think. They were veterans of the business, and I value their opinion. With ZERO experience, I found Think very logical, and easy to manipulate. I’ve been spoiled for other software offerings. Their customer service is live, US based, and very knowledgeable and patient.

Pros

The ability to generate such a wide range of reports, quickly.

Cons

Wish there was a way to look up by guest phone number. Sometimes, I am trying to match a missed call etc, if I could search by phone number (I know about searching by guest name) it would be helpful. Also, wish the “wait list” function was more seamless. I would like a notification when a prospective guest PUTS THEMSELF on the Wait List. A visual cue, like making a date/room on the grid show up purple if it has a wait list request on it, would be very helpful. Otherwise, I have to remember EVERY DAY, to run a report for wait list requests. If I skip a few days, and miss such a request, I have no chance of getting them back.

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It means so much to us to hear that you've found the system so easy to use and have had a great experience when needing support. Our team is very passionate not just about our product, but our customers' experience and the industry as a whole. I'm happy to let you know...

DC

Dan C.

Best in Class Functionality, Reliability, and Friendly Customer Service

Think provides nice tools to communicate with our guests in a proactive manner before, during and after their stay with us. Easy to customize and personalize. They also provide great tools to maximize revenues with their yield management tools. They provide flexibility in their system to accommodate many business types and needs. I've never felt I need to compromise my operational systems to fit Think's functionality....rather it's the other way around. I can usually customize Think's system to meet my operational needs. Their customer service / support is immediate and friendly.

Pros

It provides me all the primary tools I need to manage my lodging business, i.e. reservation management system, booking engine, channel management, payment processing, and guest relations/communications. Simple, intuitive, comprehensive, thorough.

Cons

I'd like to be able to copy rates within a single rate type from one set of dates to another set of dates.

Hi Dan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. We love to hear that you find ThinkReservations to be so comprehensive - it sounds like you're really maximizing your use of the features. It's also wonderful to know that you've had great interactions with our Support team whenever needed! Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

SH

Sherwood H.

Great Management Company

Its a great experience with Think Reservation! When ever we need a question answered or help with technical problem they are always just a phone call away! They also have a HELP button that really answers most all your questions. When ever you have a idea for the booking engine they take it in consideration!

Pros

Dear Think Reservation Team, Not only are you a great management company! You also offer so much more! They are more then just a booking engine. They are always concern about making sure your business is running on all cylinders. We have been to a couple of B&B conferences and Think Reservation has attended. They have taught us more then just what they offer as a management company, from Learning about OTA and how they work for you and against you. Also making sure we understand the best ways to make our Bed and Breakfast successful .

Cons

Here at Bella we really don't have any CONS at this time::))

Hi Sherwood, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It means so much to us to hear that you've been able to attend some of our educational presentations and have learned above and beyond simply how to use ThinkReservations for your business. Our team is very passionate not just about our product, but our customers' experience and the industry as a whole. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

KH

Keith H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Think Reservations continues to exceed my expectations!

ThinkReservation's software and ongoing industry education is an excellent value and adds tremendously to my business. I consider ThinkReservations to be a partner in my business, not just a provider of software!

Pros

Ease of use. All the aspects of the software that I use are easy to find, customize, and utilize. The customer support was tremendous in helping me customize the software for my needs.

Cons

At first I was a little overwhelmed with all the options for use. Once I realized I could choose which items to use for my business needs it became much easier.

SM

Stephanie M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

The Best Reservation Software on Earth!!!

I love ThinkReservations. When I started with the company there was Rep helping me and he had the patience of Job. Any questions I had - and there were a lot - he answered patiently and in a language I could understand. Today, all of people now working with ThinkReservations are much the same in that they take the time I need to fix my mistakes and help with any questions and needs I have with the software.

Pros

It's easy to use - user friendly. For me this is most important as I am in no way techie. Instructions on how to use the software is simply written and understandable. On the "Help" pages for ThinkReservations answers are easy to understand.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for your review of ThinkReservations! It means so much to us to hear about your love of the system and our team! We are passionate about what we do and we're glad to hear it shows. We value your trust in us and look forward to continuing to work with you into the future!

EH

Eileen H.

great customer service

This is necessary in running our business

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Installation was easy and all my data could be exported from Rezovation into ThinkReservations

Cons

I need to call for support more often than I like

SK

Sara K.

Intuitive PMS

The ThinkReservations team was professional and the customer support was fantastic.

Pros

ThinkReservations was a great fit for our property and very user friendly to manage. Straightforward and intuitive.

Cons

The booking engine feature was not the best fit for our property as it did not show availability. The lack of integrations was a set back.

SB

Susan B.

GREAT RESERVATION SYSTEM

I LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Pros

THE EASE OF USE FOR BOTH OUR GUESTS AND STAFF. THEY CONTINUALLY UPGRADE TO NEWER AND BETTER FEATURES.

Cons

I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THT WHEN I SET A MINIMUM NIGHT, THE SOFTWARE ALTERS IT WHEN THOSE MINIMUMS CANNOT BE MET. I HAVE TO BLOCK THOSE ROOMS MANUALLY.

Hi Susan, We really appreciate that you've taken the time to share a review for ThinkReservations! It's wonderful to hear that not only your staff, but also your guests, find the system easy to use! Thank you for the feedback on Minimum Night Restrictions. We have designed them to automatically relax to help maximize revenue. If you haven't already, we'd suggest reaching out to our Support team to review your particular business strategy to see if there may be a solution they can assist with. We really value that you trust ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

JF

Janice F.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Once You Choose "Think", You'll Never Go Back!

Absolutely EXCELLENT! From set up training, through every enhancement, and whenever technical support was needed, they are patient, responsive and technically savvy. Twenty years in business and multiple frustrating property management systems later, ThinkReservations finally came on our radar and we see no reason to ever change.

Pros

Most user friendly, sensitive-to-user-needs system we've encountered in 20 years of hospitality business.

Cons

Limitations in creating response templates, as we do not know HTML

Hi Janice, It's wonderful to read the feedback on your experience with ThinkReservations! We're so happy to see that you've found our Support team to be valuable and that you've been able to appreciate our feature enhancements since becoming a "Thinker"! Please know that if you ever need assistance with your email templates our Support team will be happy to help you out! Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

VG

Victor G.

The best Reservation software

Pros

Having used other reservation systems we found ThinkReservations to be easy to implement and very easy for our users to learn. Just about everything we need to do can be accomplished on one screen. Our main reason for switching to Think was their interface to OTA's which makes keeping multiple calendars obsolete. Their support is excellent. We've never been kept waiting for a response. their support personnel are knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like. When we've come up with an issue their support has been able to resolve every one promptly.

Hi Victor, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It means so much to us to hear how well our channel manager is working for you to simplify the OTA connections! We also love hearing that you've had a great experience whenever you've contacted our Support team. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

LG

Lyn G.

Owner/Innkeeper

I am not a techie person, and it is pretty easy to use. However, should I have any issues there is always a helpful hand offered from their team.

Pros

EVERYTHING, ease of use, wonderful team that is very knowledgeable and helpful

Cons

no complaints whatsoever -I only wish I knew more how to use the product more efficiently As I said before, I am not techie

Hi Lyn, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations! We really value your feedback and are so happy to hear that you find the system easy to use and our team to be so knowledgeable. We very much appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

RL

Rick L.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

We love the functionality!

Very Positive. I personally have called for customer support and have been pleased with their help.

Pros

The ease of use in generating rate changes across internal and external (OTA) platforms, as well as the breadth and detail of reports which we use on a daily basis. The previous desktop software was cumbersome and the support was slow to respond and many times was unable to fix issues we had. I can get immediate help now and most issues are quickly and efficiently resolved.

Cons

I am satisfied with all aspects of the software.

Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It means so much to us to hear that you've found rate updates to be so easy and that you've found our reports so beneficial. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

AM

Ashley M.

Best in the Business

Makes entering bookings quick. Any edits can be done with the click of a couple of buttons. Love this system.

Pros

Can't say enough good things about this product. From the first day of using it was easy getting set up and using. Best customer service ever.

Cons

The only con is it is not set up for putting in long term bookings such as week or monthly bookings. Must put in for each day which is time consuming.

BD

Belinda D.

Gets the job done

Pretty good experience so far.

Pros

support platform assistance and ease of use

Cons

Inability to sych with more calendars such as Glamping Hub

Hi Belinda, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations! We're glad to hear you've had a good experience so far. If you're interested in working with Glamping Hub, we do offer a limited synchronization with that platform. Our Support Team would be happy to assist you with learning how it works and helping you set up the connection! Thank you for trusting our team to plan such an important role in your business!

HL

Heidi L.

One of the best decisions our Inn made was to switch to Think Reservations

At the Iris Inn, our package sales skyrocketed using Think Reservations, since packages are shown to the guest at the end of the buying decision.

Pros

easy interface with OTAs fabulous support

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing I do not like.

Hi Heidi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's especially wonderful to hear that your package sales skyrocketed once you upgraded - that's our goal! Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!