Bullhorn ATS & CRM Logo

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews - Page 4

1,008 reviews

Bullhorn has set the bar high for CRM - GREAT!

Bullhorn has been great to work with. The CRM is a CRM for people who want to develop, maintain, and manage relationships with clients and candidates. The Bullhorn staff is always coming up with new and innovative ideas. The company does not sit still. They are attempting to do more, integrate more, and combine the interesting reality of automation and personal relationships.

Pros

The features of Bullhorn are excellent. The fields that can be customized and arranged per the user, the way work flow is presented and managed. The search tools are great. The task list and tearsheets are helpful.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the mass email function. When recipients get an email from a mass email, it might have "bullhorn" in the "from" portion of the email. Not too big of a deal, especially if you don't send mass messages

Bullhorn Review

Overall, Bullhorn is very user friendly and I would suggest it to other businesses.

Pros

Bullhorn is very user friendly - the candidate tracking system and database are very easy to maneuver.

Cons

When we go to send out a mass email to the industry it would be easier to attach a job description then copy paste in body.

Works well by itself and with others.

The integration with third-party apps is very handy. It allows you to keep everything in one place, which saves a lot of time. However, it might take a bit of research to be able to use this program to its fullest potential. Once you do so, it’s well worth the money.

Pros

One of the best features of Bullhorn is its integration with Outlook. It allows us to evaluate candidates without having to open a second program. It also allows you to schedule events and interviews with ease. The fact that it works really well with LinkedIn Recruiter is a big plus as well.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to be able to use this program to the best of its ability. We had to do a few searches in order to get it to work the way we wanted it to, but once we had it set up, it worked flawlessly. The downtime can be a pain, but that’s with every software.

Solid CMS

Great customer service. We just implemented BH new Novo platform and they were great during that transition process especially. Overall, if you're willing to put in the time up front to really get to know the system, it is a really really great tool.

Pros

It is very customizable and holds a ton of information. Covers the full-scope of the staffing and recruiting process from prospecting sales leads, to coorespondance tracking to placements and reporting. Also integrates with Gmail (seamlessly) as well as LinkedIn Recruiter (with a few bugs).

Cons

There are almost too many functions. I use Bullhorn literally all day every day and I don't think I have even scratched the surface of what all BH can do...its almost overwhelming to think about. This also makes training new users a bit more time costly than training on other software/systems.

Could be better, not interested in the smaller accoubts

I found bullhorn a deterrent to recording information in the main & tended to rely on email & memory. Only when the connection speed was at its very fastest did I find it functional to use.

Pros

Compatibility with broadbean & cv preview.

Cons

Distribution lists, coding, speed, intuition.

My love/hate relationship with Bullhorn

All in all I would consider myself a satisfied Bullhorn customer. Please continue to provide cutting edge technology and great customer service. Thank you for listening to the needs and requests of your customers.

Pros

As a Bullhorn customer for the past three years I have found this to be a well rounded product. I believe Bullhorn is focused on customer support and continuing to advance their product. Customer service is always very helpful and knowledgeable. The intuitive nature of the Bullhorn product is easy to use.

Cons

My company was part of the initial NOVO roll-out. This was not well planned out or executed. I wish Bullhorn didn't log out so quickly.

Great ATS (Application Tracking System)

Pros

The ATS piece of Bullhorn is the best in the business. The way candidates are managed and organized there is nothing better. The tool has a great way to track candidates from the applications to the placement stage and is very user-friendly. The tool also integrations very well with tools such as Broadbean and Daxtra which makes searching for candidates even better.

Cons

There is not much ability to customize the platform. IF you can keep you business to as close to 'out of box' as possible, you will be thankful. Also the true CRM piece of bullhorn does not comapre to competetors such as Salesforce

Being Recruiter

All over the it is good and useful software one can use for full Recruitment cycle.

Pros

Bullhorn is the best ATS i used so far. Bullhorn comprises of multiple job boards so we can search the quality candidate for our requirement. It has many features of starting from sourcing and posting till on-boarding of the candidate. There are many other helpful features and options present there for better efficiency and result. There are different records of companies, candidates, jobs, submissions, placements etc that will make ore easier to categorize and land to the result directly. All these records are categories by different colors so it looks beautiful though easy to find.

Cons

It could be tough to use or to find the specific result for the person who is using this for the first time, will take little training or practice to grab the things. Although once you get the things it would be easy and efficient for you.

We've been utilizing Bullhorn as our applicant tracking system for about 3-5 years now and like it.

We have been more effective at filling positions since instituting an ATS.

Pros

Bullhorn allows us to keep notes on each candidate we work with as well as a record of which positions they have applied to and any feedback. It helps us to stay organized.

Cons

The system can be a bit clunky at times and frequently logs you out throughout the day, so you are forever entering and re-entering your login credentials. Sometimes the system will actually allow you go through the process of making a change before telling you have been logged out, so then you have to go back and do it all over again. There are also frequent errors with resume parsing.

If you make Bullhorn your partner, they will enrich your company

I love Bullhorn, not only as a partner but as a company in general. It looks like an amazing place to work too. I feel that it still is not fully equipped to handle the (mainland) Europe market but I am confident that if Bullhorn uses us, the European clients as a partner too, it will work out.

Pros

The possibilities, the flexibility, the constant improvements. Bullhorn thinks with you and even for you to see how your business can get more out of the software and the business.

Cons

When your business is not standard in setup, Bullhorn allows you to change a lot but it can be difficult to manage all the different partners (all the separate costs add up to a big cost)

Decent

Good for what I need. As an independent recruiter, I can only speak from a 1 user perspective but it does the job well, is good value and the live chat customer service is excellent when you cant work something out. I still think there could be a lot of improvements and sometimes you have to click too many times to get to a page but it is a good easy to use database with a good layout. Decent and definitely one of the better ones on the market as I tried a few and many were awful!

Pros

Easy to use and good layout. Like the hotlists tool a lot. This is really helpful. Can use anywhere and app is handy.

Cons

too many clicks on a lot of actions. Can only search on surname, not first names. Notes system could be better

Bullhorn review, stay away if you are not a large recruiting firm

Their product lacks common sense functionality for basic recruiting. An example is the inability to remove a candidate from a target list from the candidate record itself. You have to navigate to a separate list section to remove the candidate from the list. There is zero relationship with them as a company. An example is having to go through a scripted check in with every customer service phone...

Cons

Hi Mark, I'm very sorry that we failed to provide you with a great customer experience. While, one of the issues you mentioned (the ability to remove a candidate from a tear sheet from the candidate record) has been updated in a recent product release, I understand your additional frustrations. If you would like to discuss your experience with Bullhorn further, or if their is any way I can assist you in your cancellation process, please feel free to reach out to me at emily.saquet@bullhorn.com.i am happy to be of help. Best, Emily Saquet Customer Marketing Specialist at Bullhorn

Bullhorn has great partnerships!

Pros

What I love most about Bullhorn is not only the easy interface but also their partnership with vendors. They have a marketplace that allows you find so many great tools to help your business and they all integrate with Bullhorn!

Cons

They have some things that are hard coded that I wish we could change. Also, they tend to tell customers about new features and give a date that it will be live but it usually takes longer than expected. For example, they said the new version would be rolled out in July and when I spoke to them about when we would be getting it they said it would be closer to December.

This reviewer only left a rating

As a Recruiter for Indecon Solutions (now Fahrenheit IT) it has been my pleasure to use the Bullhorn system for over five years. The Bullhorn suite allows us to enter all candidates into a system that may be searched by all the recruiters in the company. It also provides the sales staff a way to capture information on all prospects, clients, and job orders. Bullhorn enables our office to track all...

Cons

Pretty good functionality for our purposes

Pros

We use a heavily customized version of Bullhorn that is tailored to our specific needs. This allows us to trim cut out the features that we don't use and add features (for a fee) that we have to use every single day

Cons

It seems as though there's a Bullhorn outage at least 2 to 3 times per month that negatively impacts our workflow and the development time is ridiculous to say the least. We have been working towards transitioning to a new version of Bullhorn for almost 8 months now and have made little progress towards a working version rolling out with our customization intact.

Bullhorn evaluation

Pros

I liked most the tagging feature within bullhorn that allowed me to tag my colleagues within note updates within candidate profiles, job orders, or client documentation notes. These came through in real time to our outlook emails so nothing was lost. It really helped keep people in the loop, including my management on my activity

Cons

I had used bullhorn before it's most recent upgrade to Novo. I didn't like how you couldn't search Keywords in just the notes section as it would bring up resume keywords too but I understand Novo has fixed this enhancement

Good ATS ok CRM

Pros

Fairly easy to use. I like that the list views are all the same. It's nice that there is always more than one way to do something in Bullhorn, that way is one way is not working there is almost always a workaround.

Cons

Price. the overall cost of Bullhorn is already high, but if you want to add any new feature it all separate and pricey! I also just heard that they are launching (have Launched ) Bullhorn Novo that seemed to have some really neat features but if you are on S then you would have to pay more to switch. and all the learning for BH if geared to Novo not S

Love Bullhorn

I've worked with BH in 3 companies I've recruited for. It is a great tool, easy to learn and share insight with others.

Pros

Easy to work with, easy to configure, customize, drop in files, share with others via email. I like that the different modules or lists are color coded. I utilize the templates, tearsheets and task items. It's a great tool!

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little longer to load, but it is a robust system so a ton of data to process. I with I could submit resumes to opportunities but I'm still able to do it when adding a note (doesn't count towards submittal reporting).

Awesome Customer Support!!

Pros

I have been very impressed by the customer support provided in using the Software. Anytime I need to make changes or have questions about what more I can do to make everything work better for me, Bullhorn's customer support team is quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

Cons

I would prefer to have more "do it yourself" options within the software rather than always having to submit a ticket or just leave things hanging. I know some prefer to just rely on others to complete the back end needs but I often find it faster to just click a button to have it completed.

Everything works pretty well except the texting

Pros

I like the layout and design of this platform. It works quickly and aside from the texting, has no real issues with the functionality. It offers an excellent advanced search. We run a small temporary staffing agency so radius search is very helpful for us.

Cons

The texting system opts candidates out constantly. If they accidentally send an image or blank text, it opts them out without them knowing. Sometime it will just opt them out when they respond to us for no apparent reason. We have to call them and explain the situation and ask them to turn it back on. We have reached out to support many times now and they insist that it will be fixed but we've been dealing with this for almost a year now.

Really easy to use recruiting software

I would definately get a demo from Bullhorn before you finally decide on a vendor. These guys have a really good product backed with years of experience.

Pros

Bullhorn has been around for while and used by many sound companies which should speak for itself. Besides being really good, sound and trusted recruiting tech company they have always continued to improve and build even better technology. They put great effort into providing solutions to complex recruiting problems. Bullhorn manages all recruiting from requisition to hire in a user friendly manner. Some really good features, 1. Easy Job posting to channels like LinkedIn, job boards, Indeed and social media 2. Quickly screen and filter irrelevant candidates 3. great reporting and dashboards

Cons

From a features perspective there are not downsides, pricing might be a problem from smaller companies though

Recruiting Made Simple

Overall this is a great tool for any recruiter and will keep them on top of their numbers and give them the functionality they need to get their job done.

Pros

Bullhorn was the easiest software I've used in Recruiting. I like it's ability to track and log activity and it's ease of reporting. I know what my call count is at all times and the number of calls I need to make to hit my number. The reminders are extremely helpful as well.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software. I feel that it could improve it's user interface and make it a little more user friendly.

High Volume Staffing

Bullhorn Engage is a wonderful event and we will continue to return year after year.

Pros

Intuition, ease of use, customization and continuous improvements. I am really excited about Canvas and it's reporting capability but it's a bit intimidating to learn. Hoping that will greatly help our data and reporting capability.

Cons

I think the con was solved in the new Novo layout yesterday but not being able to easily see the live submittals, interviews, and placements on an order or a list. Showing totals isn't telling the user the whole story when trying to work efficiently.

A Recruiter's Bestfriend

Candidate management has always been a struggle for us but Bullhorn does a wonderful job in helping recruiters succeed on our daily tasks.

Pros

I've been using Bullhorn CRM for over two years now and I can definitely say that this is the best applicant tracking system ever. A user-friendly interface, the ability to add tasks and tear sheets. Not to mention that it also has a texting feature which is awesome.

Cons

I do not have any issues with the software. My Bullhorn usage has always been smooth-sailing and I have not encountered any problems with it.

Other ATSs are better!

I've been evaluating other ATSs and they provide more customization and features for the same price. Worth doing the research before choosing an ATS!

Pros

Can sort and move columns on lists, can do auto free text on most fields, offers job board integrations, now offer a chat with an specialist option which works!

Cons

Weak Outlook integration, can't mass update fields, don't have a minimum user count, mobile optimized website doesn't work, zip code search doesn't work properly, can't print a task report, technical support is only provided to a couple admin users.