All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Crelate Reviews

Pros

Whenever I have had questions and I have reached out, rep has been great on getting back to me and helping me by sending videos, offering articles and even setting up calls to help walk us thru.

KATIE R.

Read the full review
Our sourcers and recruiters love it - they actually like it better than big talent management systems they've used with other companies. This is so cost-effective and so easy to use.

Cecelia E.

Read the full review
Cloud based and agile, created by people who care about the success of their customers, super easy to use, sync integrated to Chrome and all the job boards.

Todd D.

Read the full review

Cons

I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess.

Barbara Z.

Read the full review
No way to search for people without making a list. Sometimes i just need one person to contact and sifting through pages and pages even if alphabetical is lame.

Valerie R.

Brian C.

Crelate Talent - by a recruiter

I can track jobs, candidate progress, status, etc, very very easily The customer service is great. A bit slow - no one is there when you call - but they call you back, are very friendly and very thorough

Pros

1. Implementation consists....of a few minutes of work with the support team to get going 2. They can do a data conversion fairly quickly. 3. Learning to get started in it in is fast and intuitive. Then, as you learn more about it and figure out how to do things better, you can change what you do - and your prior work is not completely messed up! 4. Integration with my company website and with job boards is simply fantastic

Cons

Data conversion is expensive - but, I guess, so is everyones....

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I must agree with you about your third point. Being able to evolve your process, and keep your prior work, is something I have become thankful for too.

Easy to use software with great features

Overall, it's been a good experience and I would and have recommended the software to many firms in my network.

Pros

We love the search pipelines and the ability to quickly' drop and drag' candidates through the stages. We also love the integration with RingCentral and other apps on the market that make using it very easy. This software is one of the easier ones on the market to customize to your own internal work flow. It's also easy to add people to the database from other sites such as LinkedIn.

Cons

I haven't been able to get the CRM portion of the software to work for our workflow. Crelate sells itself as an ATS and a CRM but CRM part isn't as easy to integrate- at least in manner in which we use it.

Wow, so much to be thankful for with this review. First, thank you for taking the time to write a review and second, thank you for recommending us to others in your network. It is great to see that the easy workflow management, RingCentral integration, and free parsing tool are working so well for you. It is a bummer to hear that the CRM is not functioning how you would like it to. When you have the time, I would ask that you reach out to our support team 443-569-8262 Ext. 2, or support@crelate.com, and see if they can get you set you up how you want/need.

Crelate is fast, nimble and easy to use and their people are AMAZING

on a scale of 1/10 it was an 11. We are a small recruiting firm and I felt like they cared about your team and our success. It was also apparent that Crelate cares about their employees and sets them up for success. As a recruiter I refuse to set a person up for failure.

Pros

When I logged on for the trial I IMMEDIATELY noticed it was exponentially faster than Bullhorn. I also experienced how easy it was to use and knew we had to make the switch.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can think of that Crelate's recent update did not address.

Review of Crelate ATS

Lack luster. It get the job done most of the time, but would like to see a more robust product offering and user friendly UI.

Pros

Quick and easy to deploy compared to competitors in the market. Easier to administer than similar products.

Cons

Product support is lacking. Very difficult to get the support when you need it, and there is limited training information available. There pricing is on the high side for the level of product you get. The UI feels and looks very dated and is not as intuitive as some of their direct competitors.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback will be shared with the company and used to help us improve.

Crelate New User

So far, I enjoy the organization Crelate offers, this is a site truly made for recruiters.

Pros

I like the dashboard view, it organizes your jobs, and activates, nice way to glace and understand your current recruiting state as well as the reports that are offered.

Cons

I did not enjoy the implementation process, so many small details that was broken down into multiple sessions, very time consuming. For pay $750 I thought the implementation/configurations would be taken care of for us and then we would be trained but that was not the case. 2 weeks to get through the process. Our specialist was great, she was very patient and very enthusiastic.

Thank you for your review of Crelate. I also use the dashboard view and the reports a fair amount to organize myself and to make quick informed decisions. As we are always looking to improve, having direct and honest feedback about a user's experience is valuable. I will make sure to share your experience with the implementation team.

Best ATS for recruiting firms!

I couldn't be more happy with the transition to Crelate from our previous product. Their team truly understands the problems we are trying to solve and is extremely responsive. Their feature set continues to increase rapidly and is always very relevant.

Pros

Several items: - ease of configuration and customization - profile parsing from LinkedIn - job board management / website integration - email sync and candidate communication management - analytics - speed and relevance of new feature release - extensive help resources, training videos, etc.

Cons

- exporting data is not straightforward and requires additional vendor developer cost -

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is awesome to see how our tools, features, and trainings are helping to make your work easier.

Intuitive Powerful Software

Pros

We were one of the first users of Crelate and it has really done wonders for my billing and productivity. It is clean, intuitive and extremely user-friendly. The customer service is rapid and patient. It can be used for simplistic applicant tracking to powerful data-searching and captures a ton of important information. I would be lost without it and cannot imagine who we operated pre-Crelate.

Cons

I wish that we had the option to gray out positions when they're on "hold" or not hot anymore.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has been a privilege to work with your company for all these years. It makes me happy to know that our product continues to both serve and delight you. Your idea of being able to gray out a position that is "on hold" or "cooled off" is an interesting one. I will make sure to bring that up with our developers.

No regrets

I purchased Crelate Talent as soon as I opened my new recruiting business and I haven't looked back. It's been an overall great experience and the product continues to evolve with great new features and benefits that we actually use. I highly recommend it for any other growing search firm.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, which means it's easy to train recruiters on and it's easy for them to incorporate into their workflows.

Cons

The reporting and analytics features take a bit of playing with to get used to and to set them up the way you want.

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that your training and onboarding of new recruiters is made easier with the intuitive nature of our software. If you ever need support with the training, we offer a daily New User webinar and have some great New User guide at help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120316-new-user-guide

Regular User

Very good

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, and cloud based.

Cons

Like most software its a challenge to really get the best out of it.

Thank you for taking time to write this review and for acknowledging our customer service team. They are a wonderful group who work hard to find the right solution for each person they are helping.

Crelate is great! User friendly and easy to collaborate

Pros

Easy to use and easy to collaborate. The tags are helpful and I love that I can BCC emails and have them upload on a candidate's profile.

Cons

I wish I could FWD emails and have them upload to a candidates' profile. I don't like that it has to be a BCC in my response because I often forget or the candidate ends the convo and I want to plug in their reply.

Being able to forward emails to the candidate profile is a great suggestion to enhance our journaling functionality. I will pass it on to the development team. Thank you.

Excellence in both functionality and service

The software gets a solid A - very easy, simple, robust, scalable. Customer service an A+ - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, great listener, patient, never tried to "sell" rather constantly looked for ways to be "the solution" helping me/us navigate through an unknown software. Can't say enough good things about his service.

Pros

Extremely "user-friendly", whether that is in the daily usage or customization everything is thought out extremely well. This is software designed FOR end users NOT for technologists, which is very refreshing.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this point, they are aggressively updating and improving listening to their client base.

A simple user friendly system!

Overall, Crelate is very simple to use! I have used many many ATS and CRM's within the recruiting world and Crelate is by far the easiest system to use!

Pros

Crelate is extremely easy to use! It tracks your searches from lead to completion, with a highlight and drop process as you move from stage to stage. The system design allows you to be able at any time to track where you are in a role . As a Manager, it allows me to easily identify on a daily basis how my team is spending their time. The reporting functions are excellent!

Cons

For business development, the system will not allow you to add two names to an activity at a time. If I have had a meeting with 3 people I have to put the note in 3 times , under each person.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that Crelate Talent is helping you in the everyday management of your team. Have you tried our bulk activity assignment feature? That may save you the effort of copying the same note three times. You can learn more here: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120296-creating-a-bulk-activity, or contact our support team (443-569-8262 Ext. 2) and ask them about "Creating a Bulk Activity".

Why Did We Wait So Long!?

Pros

(AllSearch is a 20 Person Professional Direct Hire Company). Ladies and Gentlemen of Crelate, all of you deserve some seriously high praise. Starting with whose initial Demo and considerable Q&A (he was very patient with us, no pressure) helped us realize that this system we'd never heard of was worth top 3 consideration against some very name brand players, during a time we were looking at literally...

Cons

Nothing negative whatsoever to speak of yet. We migrated/converted over the course of the summer, went live on schedule a few weeks ago, with zero problems, and in the first two weeks, the general sentiment is the Title of this Review. Employees are thrilled, metrics are WAY up. Why, oh why, did we wait so long to migrate our core Recruiting ATS/CRM to a more modern platform. Granted it's the honeymoon period, but, so far, the Recruiting life is much better on Crelate.

BEST ATS I've seen in 25 years in the industry!

Crelate has streamlined our business process and workflows and empowered us to grow.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive interface allows new users to quickly adapt, reducing onboarding and integration of team members. Crelate's licensing/pricing and provisioning model provides the flexibility to run my business as I need to, vs other ATS providers who force me to make decisions based on their terms. The metrics available are endless and are quickly and easily accessible. The data provided...

Cons

There are only two cons. The first is inherent in any great and robust ATS and is NOT really a Con: there are so many features and capabilities I have no doubt that we are underutilizing the power of this tool. While their training and support tools are fabulous I just haven't had the time to really DIVE IN to maximize the capabilities of Crelate. The second is a Con: Crelate has room to improve its ability to manage duplicates. While user error certainly contributes to the creation of duplicates, I have seen other ATS' with better duplicate management tools. That said, when a duplicate is detected it is extremely easy to seamlessly and quickly merge the duplicate records.

Best ATS we have ever used

Crelate has added to our productivity. Their customer service is best in class, and I don’t know how we recruited without this platform. We are a small boutique firm and I can tell you any small firm should definitely use this product. They will treat you with respect and help ensure their product works for you. That was not the experience we had with other large and well known recruiting software. You will not regret using Crelate!

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. Additionally product very easy to use with a great customer interface. Wonderful interface with job boards and other recruiting platforms.

Cons

Sometimes can’t use wildcards in certain fields for searches. Also new company files are created with parsed resumes which leads to messy/invalid company files.

Good ATS System

Overall, Crelate is a very solid ATS with a functional CRM. I think there are a lot of great features in the program that make the use and functionality of it very good. I think there are a couple limitations on the back end but overall I would recommend this program to other users.

Pros

The candidate and task tracking along with the reporting and analytics features are the most functional and have been perfected. These are the features I have used the most.

Cons

I think there are limitations with outside integrations for various things. For testing, sourcing, etc. There are some limitations for integrations.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for drawing attention to our reporting and analytics functionality. It is a powerful tool that we have worked hard to make relevant to the Recruiting and Staffing industry, intuitive for the user, and valuable in the running of a business. As we continue to grow and expand our integrations, we are always looking for what our users want. If you have any suggestions, or questions, about integrations, I encourage you to visit help.crelate.com, or contact support using the help button in the app.

Crelate is User Friendly and Comprehensive!

Pros

To start, we switched over from another system and the pros at Crelate were spot on in transferring our data in its entirety from our old product! It automatically gave us a great feeling to find what we needed that we had almost a fluid transfer from our old ATS to this one. It is intuitively easy to use. For any professional who has worked with database software, or ATS systems already, the designers...

Cons

Candidates update their resumes all the time and move jobs more rapidly than they used to. When they send me a new resume, I wish I could parse all the new data into an existing record automatically and not have to do it manually. That is not available. When asked, I would have to create a new record and then merge the two together. That isn't as fluid I wish it could be.

Amazing product for recruiting agencies and executive search firms

A+ We're big fans! I highly recommend Crelate.

Pros

Crelate is top notch. It is BY FAR the best recruiting platform for agencies that I've used or tested. The product is highly customizable to your needs and has a ton of features. Better yet, the Crelate team is constantly hard at work building & releasing new features that improve usability and functionality. It's also priced very fairly and their customer service is attentive, responsive and helpful.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints about Crelate. It works well and is virtually bug free. If there is one con it's that the platform is not tailored to executive search processes. However, we stretched it for this purpose and never found ourselves wanting.

Highly Recommend

Rep. handled our migration. He was genius! Such a great analyst and made so many observations that helped me with the setup. I am shocked at how perfect the information migrated from MaxHire. It is seamless. I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess! This time it is perfect. Rep. has been helping me with the onboarding and is doing a great job as well! The entire team is fantastic.

Pros

Crelate is an excellent software. I moved from MaxHire (Bullhorn) to Crelate. I looked at 4 other systems before choosing Crelate and I'm so glad I made this choice. Brittanie was so patient with me and took her time to show me benefits and features of the SW. In fact, I actually had 3 phone demos with her and she did an amazing job. All the SW vendors I looked at demoed at least 2 or 3 times before I made up my mind. I love how easily you can customize Crelate. Your own workflow, your own activities, your own special items you need to know like travel, citizenship status, relo, desired locations for relo, etc. Do yourself a favor and test drive this product; you will love it!!

Cons

The only thing I hope they add it to be able to return an email out of the system. All your emails are tracked but you can't respond to an email from the system. Otherwise....it's awesome.

Overall Satisfied

Overall my experience has been good. Anytime I have had a question I always received a thorough answer quickly.

Pros

It is very intuitive. It was easy to pick up. When I wanted to find something, the most logical place to find the answer was where the answer was.

Cons

I don't not like how the systems don't talk to each. If I upload a fee agreement to a specific job, I want it to also upload into the company's file. When I add a website file in the job, I would want it to also upload to the company page so I am not duplicating my efforts. Also the address for individuals and company's is all American, I would like it to also populate for Canada.

Thank you for the review and for the feedback. It is great to hear that the intuitive nature of the software and the easy workflow management make your day run smoother. I will pass along your request for enhanced cross system communication and Canadian addresses. If you have other insights you would like to share, please reach out to our support team. They work closely with the development team to shape future projects.

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Excellent, best experience ever with an ATS software firm

This is the very best ATS software on the market for a contingency or retained search firm.

Pros

For a recruiter, it's always about the interface and workflow. Can I quickly see and get to all the information I need to multitask with multiple clients and candidates.? The answer in the case is a resounding YES! Crelate does that far better than everyone else for me. The second thing it does better than any ATS I have ever used is automation of repetitive tasks. You can actually customize your own...

Cons

Crelate Review from Recruiting Firm that does more than just contingent recruiting engagements

I have worked with Crelate for the last 3+ years and have found it easy to work with as a user and an administrator. As our company has grown our needs with regards to activity tracking and reporting have grown as well. Crelate has allowed us to easily make additions/changes. It is customizable and that has definitely proven to be helpful for us.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Crelate. Additionally, our team utilizes Crelate to track candidates not only for contingent searches but also for our sourcing/recruiting hourly engagements. Different types of engagements require different types of activity tracking and reporting. Crelate is a tool that can accommodate the diversity of our needs.

Cons

I do wish that Crelate had a more robust candidate campaign capability. Having the ability to easily establish and maintain drip campaigns with candidates could be useful.

Knowing that the customization have been helpful to you as you grow is awesome. We love to hear stories of the different ways our customers are using our product. Your suggestion of how to improve our campaign capabilities will be passed along. If you have other suggestions, or ideas, drop us a line. We us our customer feedback to drive our roadmap. Thank you.

Xtra Effort review of Crelate Software

Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc. is a 16 year Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success recruiting firm for enterprise technology companies. We have a national reach. The diverse nature of our client requirements make it imperative that we are agile when responding to super specific requests around candidate tenure, technical skills, industry knowledge, performance metrics, location, career stability,...

Pros

Cons

It would be great to have "required fields", forcing users to enter information on critical areas; and it would be helpful to limit users to specific pick lists, and not enable them to enter any data they want

KC's 2 cents...

I really like it! I find it much easier /more intuitive than our old system. I love the tile lay-out in the Search Dashboard. That really helps me see what I need to do and who I need to follow up with quickly. Very happy so far! (But still a new user.)

Pros

I love the brief video tutorials and outlines of how to do everything! You can look up exactly what you want to do and find a 3 minute video to show you how to do it. You don't have to listen to a 30 minute webinar. They also have diagrams to walk you through it. They have it broken down nicely for you.

Cons

So this could be user error (on my part)...But I do not find it easy to toggle back and forth between candidate documents. For example, I may want to have a candidate's CV open as well as their cover letter as well as the job spec notes for the position I want to discuss. I can't seem to have all three open and toggle back and forth in Crelate. I have to download each one and then do my toggling in Word.

Wow, what a rich review. Thank you. I agree, webinars are good for big pictures, but when trying to get work done- short tutorial videos are where its at. Your idea for having multiple documents open for viewing is a good one. I am going to see if I can task a developer to look into that for future improvement. If you have other ideas, questions, or suggestion please reach out to our Customer Success team. They are great at finding solutions and have a direct line to our Product Development team.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.