Crelate Logo
Crelate

Recruiting software & applicant tracking for recruiters

visit website

Crelate Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

We are a small recruiting firm and I felt like they cared about your team and our success. It was also apparent that Crelate cares about their employees and sets them up for success.

BM

Brendan M.

It's been an overall great experience and the product continues to evolve with great new features and benefits that we actually use. I highly recommend it for any other growing search firm.

CF

Chris F.

Easy to use and easy to collaborate. The tags are helpful and I love that I can BCC emails and have them upload on a candidate's profile.

aa

adele a.

I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess.

BZ

Barbara Z.

Very difficult to get the support when you need it, and there is limited training information available. There pricing is on the high side for the level of product you get.

MB

Matt B.

But I've been asking for my resumes for 3 weeks and instead of offering me a refund or anything they almost blame me.

CH

Salesforce Sales Cloud-logocaret

Salesforce Sales Cloud

JazzHR-logocaret

JazzHR

How would you rate Crelate?

ATS Review

Support is excellent.

Pros

Simple and easy to use for the most part.

Cons

It is not as modern (in terms of look and feel) and doesn't integrate with LinkedIn.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you find the interface easy to navigate.

Extremely Valueable tool for Recruiting agencies

I love Crelate, use it on an hourly basis.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. It helps me manage both the candidate and client facing side of the business and customize almost any pipeline and report.

Cons

Since there are so many different facets, it took a bit longer to get up to speed on the product, but once I did, its very user intuitive. Also, the mobile app needs more work to get it to where the desktop product is.

A Happy Crelate User!

Crelate has been my CRM for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. I looked at many packages before I chose Crelate and found it to be packed with features at a great value. I particularly like how I can manage and track all of my projects on one page, with a snapshot of the progress of every candidate. I also am excited about the periodic updates to the software. They listen to their users and offer upgrades for free. I've already recommended it to one colleague and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.

Pros

It's an outstanding project management tool. I can track all my open projects on one page, and track every candidate through the recruiting process. Crelate is an incredible value, given that free updates are released periodically and I always feel I have current features.

Cons

Tough to say. The migration from my old database wasn't easy, but I found technical support to be outstanding.

The best for us

I demoed 12 different systems and Crelate was by far my top choice. It takes a little bit work to learn all the capabilities of this system but once you do, its a game changer!

Pros

The platform customization is amazing. We use Crelate as our CRM and ATS. It allows us to keep track of everything including our placements.

Cons

There are no cons since anything we have wanted to add the development team has designed or added for us.

Misdirected applications

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use in many ways and with good features.

Cons

The major flaw is in tracking those that are being recruited to apply for positions. If those individuals apply, the software attaches their materials to their file, but it doesn't put that file into the inbox to signal that the individual has applied. Our team has to spend lots of time going back into the files of the hundreds that we recruit to verify if they've applied, and then we need to move them to other stages, rather than their applications simply going into the inbox. The application gets attached to the file, but there are no notifications to alert us that they have actually applied. Either a design flaw or training issue, and we need assistance on sorting this out.

First, thank you for your review. It has highlighted a step we need to add to our trainings and our help articles at help.crelate.com. Second, this is something we will be able help you with. Someone from Crelate will be reaching out to schedule a time to review your situation and to help find the best solution for you and your company.

Amazing ATS - Crelate

I truly enjoy using Crelate, it's easy to understand and very user friendly

Pros

It is easy to use, and color coordinates everything. I'm a visual learner and as such find it easy to locate items / candidates when they are all under one tile in different colors. The options of placing candidates into different stages of the process is also very clean and useful, you don't need to scroll pages to find the candidates profiles ... it's all in that one tile or page.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the reporting aspect of this software as I was not provided any formal training. I'm sure with some online help and reading material I should be good to go and able to use the reporting system with ease.

Crelate is great! User friendly and easy to collaborate

Pros

Cons

I wish I could FWD emails and have them upload to a candidates' profile. I don't like that it has to be a BCC in my response because I often forget or the candidate ends the convo and I want to plug in their reply.

Being able to forward emails to the candidate profile is a great suggestion to enhance our journaling functionality. I will pass it on to the development team. Thank you.

A newby using Crelate

It is very easy for me to send information about a contact, to an associate quickly and easily.

Pros

I started in our company, basically knowing nothing. When I was introduced to Crelate, I was somewhat intimidated but jumped in with easy. Crelate help anyone learn their way around. I was able to begin inputting information and learned how to operate Crelate in no time!

Cons

Crelate is sometimes very slow. I have spent a lot of time waiting for the app to think.

Hi Debra - I'm Samantha from Crelate! Thanks for the nice review! We love hearing that our recruiting platform is intuitive for new users. We'd also like to learn where you aren't experiencing the fastest response from the Crelate side. Our customers constantly tell us that Crelate is the fastest ATS they've ever used, and we want the same experience for you! Please reach out to support@crelate.com if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help you get the speedy results you need. Thanks again!

Recruiting Tracking made easy

I save a lot of time with Crelate. It keeps me organized and maintains all of my notes. I can share candidate information with others on my team, and the history of candidate correspondence "travels" with the candidate profile throughout the system.

Pros

I enjoy the design and user experience of Crelate the most. It's easy to use, it has color coding and symbols for quick reference and all the features you need to move quickly. It has not been hard to give up my Excel tracking document at all. It also has feature (that I haven't used yet) to have applicants imported into the system straight from a job posting.

Cons

I had minor difficulties integrating with my Outlook, but it was easily resolved.

That is wonderful to see how Crelate is helping you and your business. As someone who loves their Excel, I understand the power of that statement. Thank you. I wanted to share another level of organization I use, custom tags. I use the tags to help me make quick lists, track specific campaigns, and highlight special candidate features.

TOTAL SATISFACTION

I'm a one-guy shop who needed to be highly organized with all my clients and candidates. I needed to find people quickly and easily. I needed to reach out to as many people as possible with the least amount of effort, and without being a "tech geek." Crelate made ALL that so simple. 5-Stars is what I give the Crelate team.

Pros

Hard to say because I loved the support and personal touch so very much. However, the ease of use is certainly a consideration for "like most." Then again, the simplicity/intuitiveness/looks should be a strong contender. But wait, what about the low cost? I'm definitely conflicted on this question.

Cons

I honestly don't have a least. I'll have to get back to you.

Crelate Ups and Downs

I think it can improve but this is the best recruiter tool I have used so far, so keep making it better and it'll stay that way!

Pros

I like that we can create lists, create events as reminders, and able to track every detail for every candidate.

Cons

I don't like the search options for crelate... its probably the least user-friendly setting crelate has. It's not so bad but the search options in advanced settings don't encompass enough details that are in our database for contacts. A lot of people go unnoticed in our base because we don't have the ability or setting to look them up properly. Also, I don't like how you can't merge lists or clean them up in a faster/ easier way. It puts a lot of pressure and time on us to make sure everything is perfect in each profile which most recruiters don't have the time to do.

Casey- Crelate User Review

Crelate is the third ATS we have used and it is by far the most organized and beneficial to our company. It allows very easy and open communication as well as quick access with the app they offer.

Pros

I like how easy it is to track applicants in the system by changing their status in the hiring process. You can also link your email and online calendar to Crelate so you get email and calendar updates regarding interviews, etc.

Cons

Overall I like everything about Crelate software, the only thing that is a con is how the system doesn’t always catch duplicate entries of candidates and having to manually merge records.

Hi Casey - I'm Samantha from Crelate. Thanks for the nice review! We're glad you find Crelate's recruiting workflows and email integration useful. Crelate has a "duplicate detection" feature that you can enable to limit the manual step of merging entries. I provided a link below that explains how to configure duplicate detection within Crelate. https://crelate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204395205-How-to-Use-Duplicate-Detection Thanks again!

All ATS' are not created equally

It's true, all ATS' are not created equally, however, most give you the same or very similar features and functionality. That's why pricing, product support, and the relationship developed between yourself as the customer, and all of those in the sellers company that you become involved with is critical to making a buying decision! Everyone that I've had the pleasure of dealing with at Crelate has...

Pros

Easy to learn / Easy to make customization changes / Easy to import resumes / Easy to load jobs and post to your webpage directly from Crelate / Mobile access /

Cons

Currently there is no highlight feature for key words on a resume, but this is coming very soon! Candidates and Client contacts are all listed in one group as "Contacts", they can be sorted, but they aren't kept separate.

Great Next Gen ATS for Boutique Search Firms

We have been using Crelate since Nov'18. Integration was seemless, support has always been prompt. They actively seek users input for improvements, they have regular virtual lunch and learns. They are Veteran friendly- one of the Founders is a Veteran.

Pros

the UI is one of my favorite features. Coming off 12+ years of Maxhire, I was looking for a UI that showed a dashboard of my call list, Profile info and resume and with Crelate, I can do that. Also, the search flow is completely customizable, terrific Linkedin integration, ease of use while talking with Candidates/taking notes, robust reporting features, creating email templates is a snap and I really like the ability to collaborate with team members within Crelate. The UI feature of tiles for the candidates is one of it's best features. I can customize the info on the tile (location, company, etc), it show the last time the candidate record was touch, so a quick glance tells me if I am over due to call someone.

Cons

While I can email a person from within Crelate, & it's automatically logged into that individuals record, I can't respond to that email from within Crelate or send a follow up note on my initial email from within Crelate. I have to rely on my email sent folder. Maxhire was doing that 12 yrs ago.

So many useful ways to customize!

Overall the program is great. It needs some small tweaks in the texting feature but overall it's great. I wish all users were able to delete duplicate candidates. There should also be an option when you are uploading several resumes at once, that you can deselect ones that are duplicates so you don't have to upload them again.

Pros

I love the reporting feature and how visual everything is. Seeing exactly how many candidates I have in each category is very useful. Taking notes and sending emails is extremely easy and makes my job go so much more smoothly.

Cons

Ring Central integration doesn't work that well. I constantly have to disable and re-enable to get the texts and calls to show up on the candidates profile. I am also unable to use the texting templates but I don't know why.

Crelate-My ATS Partner

Pros

Ease of use, and the intuitive aspects that allow you to navigate, even if you are not sure of the next step. If we hit a roadblock and need assistance, a quick note to the Support desk results in a timely, personal reply---and a solution. Most other ATS resources are more expensive, and they require a long term commitment. Crelate is very well priced, and for a small firm like ours, allows us to make monthly payments, and if necessary, flex up or down the number of users, as often as necessary.

Cons

Because the site "anticipates" your needs, it sometimes gets ahead of itself, requiring the user to make corrections. Example---when entering notes after a conversation, if you type a key word or phrase, you can experience unwanted text popping up and appearing in your notes, requiring corrections be made.

Crelate - Recruiting Firm

Very easy to use and learn on my own. Process made sense and you could follow prompts clearly.

Pros

Ease to learn and navigate Ability to add contacts/candidates Reporting Flow and function

Cons

Navigation between candidates and company files. Had to 'X' out of one to get back to original point.

Thank you for this review. Our team has worked hard to make the software work how you do and have a natural flow to the process.

Have been using it for over 12 months now

Pros

We have been using Crelate now for over 1 year. We have gone from 3 to 9 team members in that period, and very easy and cost effective to add a new team member. On top of that Crelate will help train the new team member at no cost. We are very happy with the look and feel of the system. Very easy to add contacts ... to work a job ... pull reporting ...etc..... Additionaly there are constant updates and improvements being launched (for free). We highly recommend Crelate to anyone.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see an improvement on is the job bank on our website. It works great, the link is there and everything .. but I wish it could be customized a little more and looked a little more "modern".

My experience has been up and down with the software.

Keeping a database of candidates, tracking flow of each candidate through the hiring process, tracking notes of conversations.

Pros

- Easy to use and maneuver around - Parsing candidates resumes over from their resume formats almost perfectly into the ATS - Using the software on my mobile phone while I'm out is very easy to pull up quick notes and add attachments - Cost of the ATS compared to others and still getting a quality product - Customer Support getting back to you in less than 24 hours

Cons

- Not able to use one centralized system for emailing and receiving emails as I had with Bullhorn - Not being able to create hierarchy charts or flow of who reports to whom - International phone numbers or locations are not defined in the ATS

Review on Crelate Talent

Fantastic service and product.

Pros

Modern interfaces. Search capabilities that will even search my notes for names, companies, etc.

Cons

I find the job order functions fiddly. For example, I need to go to Home and then "Sales" in order to change priority of jobs. I think you don't need the "Sales" and "Recruiting" functionality to be different (this could all be in one function. Also, I then have to go to "Jobs" tab to actually see detail of jobs and see my "Notes". Once again, if this could ALL be in the same place, this would be easier. Also, it would be great to be able to email documents (ie new resumes) to a contact, job order, or company that is already in the system. It would be great to be able to email out the documents that are linked in the system. Ie, I put job orders into documents in job orders. It would be great to be able to email that document to candidates.

Good for staffing companies

Overall it's been a good experience using Crelate. They've rolled out a lot of new features, which I haven't really used, so it hasn't changed much for over over the last 2 years.

Pros

Crelate is a good, user-friendly ATS that helps keep me organized with my applicant workflow and jobs. Nice that it's web-based and I can use it both in the office and working from home.

Cons

Job board integration is still not great if you have existing licenses. The old mobile app wasn't great either, but they are rolling out a new one, so we'll see how that one is.

Great system for recruiters!!

our sourcers and recruiters love it - they actually like it better than big talent management systems they've used with other companies. This is so cost-effective and so easy to use. Its great.

Pros

It is SO easy to use; great to save candidates; capture information about candidates - notes; send emails directly to candidates and see the response from them; we LOVE the new text messaging ability - its amazing ! Tagging makes it so easy to find specific skills needed among all the candidates in the system,

Cons

we haven't found anything i dislike yet.

Very intuitive and easy to use software!

Pros

All of my experiences working with the team at Crelate have been so friendly and positive. It's like having my own personal team of developers helping me answer questions and figure out some of the shortcuts in the product. The product is straightforward and easy to use, and it's easy to tweak it and customize some of the workflows and features. I also love how easy it is to look up a contact/candidate using LinkedIn or Google.

Cons

The search functionality is a little clunky, and they've acknowledged that and have it on their development list. That said, they showed me a couple of workarounds that seem to meet my needs with a relatively small database (2100 records). They have good publishing capability for some of the free job boards, but there is not a simple process to post with Monster or LinkedIn. Also, the web interface is very basic right now, and I'm not getting many candidates directly through the interface, which makes it a little more cumbersome to download the resumes from my email. I've been using the product for about a month and have this on my list of questions to ask the team to see if there is an easier way.

Crelate has changed my daily business!

Crelate has provided much needed simplicity and functionality for my recruiting workflow. My assistant is working 10+ hours per week LESS doing data entry and similar tasks with Crelate than with our previous ATS, which gives me 10+ hours of her time for more productive tasks. I love the flexibility and ease of use for the workflow stages, and I appreciate that all the information I need is on one screen - no waiting for other views to open. If I could give customer support a higher rating than 5 start...I definitely would do so!

Pros

Intuitive workflow, data entry/updates are easy in the profile screen, very limited clicks needed to get to all the info you need, easily customizable to my existing workflow. Customer service is fantastic!! Very responsive to customer suggestions. Simple database that gives me what I need without all the burden of an unnecessarily complicated system like Bullhorn. IPad app is fantastic for when I'm on the go!

Cons

Scheduling function is not as robust or flexible as I'd like (however, the fantastic tech guys are working on updates to this with the next update release, so this con could become obsolete soon!) This is not a massive system with tons of bells and whistles...it is a simple, intuitive ATS that provides all the functionality I need...but if you want ways to overly complicate things, this may not be the system for you.

New Crelate User- Loving it

Pros

I've been using Crelate for about 4 months now. It is dramatically better and makes my work much easier than products we used in the past. The visuals and the ease of drag and drop- to bring in linkedin info, to change stages, to schedule activities, upload resumes attached to emails, send emails, to make notes, etc. is wonderful. Managing prospects from sourcing through offer everyday is really easy with Crelate. I love that.

Cons

We have specific basic reporting we would like to provide our clients- to do this we have to hire consultants. I wish the basic reporting was better. Also the search/boolean functionality is not as intuitive as linked in talent pool searches.

Thank you for writing a review. It is wonderful to hear all the ways that Crelate Talent is helping to manage your pipeline. It sounds like you are comfortable with Boolean searches, but I wanted to share a few resources to help get any new hires up-to-speed faster with both Boolean searches and Crelate Talent's search features. Boolean Basics: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120254-search-and-basic-boolean-logic Basic Search: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120327-using-search Advanced Search: http://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120273-advanced-search