Ease Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

We have had clients that are super happy to have benefit management all online with easy online tools to help manage their benefits and all of their employees. It is worth the monthly cost.
Ease is a great system, learning and adapting with input from brokers and end users. It's got a great look and feel to it and the ever growing 3rd party connections and integrations are awesome.
We use Ease to enroll in our benefits each year. It's always something I procrastinate because I expect it to be difficult but then Ease ends up making it super quick and easy.
Finding out why issues are happening can be extremely frustrating.
Things were not accurate, most likely a user error in our HR department. I only went in a few times but never really saw a use for it.
Mapping errors have sometimes caused bigger issues with the company as a whole.

Willie P.

EaseCentral is an incredible service and a tremendous value for the yearly investment

My clients and I use it and we like it. Here's a recent quote..."2018 is going well... We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

Pros

My clients and I love EaseCentral because it is easy to use. Here's a recent direct quote from a client: "So far this year is going welll. We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy as the Director of Operation and HR Manager. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. " EaseCentral has allowed me to win new business because they were so impressed with the new hire on-boarding capabilities and benefit enrollment & management functionality of the platform. Also, I like that I can teach my clients how to use it themselves and administer their own benefits in about 10-30 minutes of training. Bottom line is it's easy to learn and use.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like about EaseCentral is recently their Customer Success Support team must have just grown. When I called into EaseCentral in the past I would almost always get a person that I recognized and had worked with before. The last 2-3 times I've called in to ask a question of the support team, I feel that I got a new person and I honestly think I knew more about EaseCentral's features and capabilities than he/she did. That's about it...everything else is really 2 thumbs up. That's my feedback and the feedback from my clients have been very positive too. Thanks,

AK

Anne K.

Pro's and Cons

Building benefits into EASE is not easy. I have helped other agencies get started with the product. 1 agency had it for a year and their Admin person had watched Video after training video but had yet to get 1 group finished on the system where they could actually use it. We spent 2 days training them IN PERSON and getting them up and running. Recently, Ive been helping another agent - again NEW...

Pros

EASE - Has User friendly screens and Reports. It is easier for employees to use and navigate benefits. We also like the EASE phone app

Cons

We hate the Legacy mapping fees - particularly on the supplemental insurances such as vision and life as these fees practically take away our commissions on those plans. We spend time selling those as added value benefits , it's time consuming with very small commissions, so it's a RUB when EASE takes the equivalent of those commissions monthly for the Legacy mapping fees . These NEW additional fees can increase the software monthly charge by 30%

MH

Maria H.

Originally Great but declining

Overall experience has just been okay. As I said in the title, originally it was great but over the past several years it's been declining as they've gotten bigger and have made updates to their company structure. The product is good and we continue to use it because we can't move platforms during the busiest time of the year for our agency. However, we are exploring other options. Ease's support...

Pros

What I originally liked about Ease was that it was user friendly, support staff was accessible and had an easy interface. Integration with our business was seamless and had the tools we needed to set up our business and clients for success.

Cons

There are some capabilities missing such as being able to really be notified when an employee has completed their enrollment. Or when the employer has added an employee. Or being able to pull a deduction report only for employees who are new hires and not the entire company roster. I don't like how there's little integration with other insurance companies. Other enrollment platforms have several integrations.

TE

Tiffany E.

Using Ease with Ease

My overall experience with Ease has been great. It has allowed us to grow our business drastically by providing a streamlined, simplistic technology solution. Although, we have found that we have increasingly grown dissatisfied with the service provided by Ease Support.

Pros

Ease is one of the first ben admin systems I utilized when beginning my employment in the insurance industry. Due to it's simplicity and user friendliness, it has always been a preferred system to utilize. Not only is system configuration a breeze, but we find that our clients easily get accustomed to how the system operates as a whole.

Cons

The biggest con about Ease is its customer service. We have not had a great experience with our designated Customer Success Managers, as we have experienced lack of response and extreme delays in issue resolution. When reaching out to Support, we are frequently told different information by various representatives spoken to.

HE

Harley E.

Top Choice

Ease has been a solution to the Covid 19 problem where enrollment can be done by the employees at their homes. It has also been wonderful for groups with employees in multiple states for them to enroll on-line. And there is no missing information as the program requires answers before you can go to the next section. Customer support is right there to help you, no long waits that stops your progress.

Pros

The Ease software is easy to use. Adding a new company is a snap because all the product data, forms and plan designs are in the Ease library. Plan Administrators love the fact that all of their employee's information is at their fingertips and chasing illegible enrollment forms is a thing of the past. And, 1095 ACA reporting is quick and easy. A Great feature is that you have a Success Manager assigned to you so you can get up and running quickly and someone to go to for assistance with any feature.

Cons

I am waiting for integration with some of the largest carriers to take place so enrollments and terminations would be automated. However, Ease has added multiple carriers to that list, just not the ones I sell.

MC

Matthew C.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Ease Greatest Tool for Brokers to have!!!

Fantastic! The first minute that I heard about ease, I was all over it and wanted to see the product immediately. From that day 4+ years ago I haven't stopped using ease whatsoever- the truth is that ease has been a power-play tool for me in my multiple implementations. If I ever hit a wall and there is an issue, I love how ease is always there to fix and assist with the problem. I can not recommend ease enough- this has changed my productivity and ability to engage my clients and their employees.

Pros

I love the User experience of the software compared to other competitors in the marketplace. The overall system is wonderful, works like a charm, super easy to administer benefits. The software is always driving forward and enhancing their capabilities, so for my sake I can't choose just 1 thing about ease because everything works perfectly.

Cons

I would like more flexibility with the document generator for custom documents. The employees need some expansion on types of income/compensation that the employer can have as options. It would be nice to have the ability for Per Diem compensation, hourly plus salary pay types...more options

MV

Maria V.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

EASE made easy!

You basically set up all your plans and emails that you want to send to employees. Add all employees in with an excel sheet. Then you can start by sending an email that goes out to employees to select their benefits. You can even put a video like a tutorial on how to use.

Pros

I loved that this software is friendly user for both the administrator and for our staff. I never receive any complaints from our employees.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. It's so easy to maintain.

Human Resources, self-employed

Intuitive, easy to use

Companies love Ease when I introduce it to them. It's simple, clean-looking, and cuts down on paperwork.

Pros

I like how intuitive the software is; everything is where I think it will be.

Cons

I don't like that I have to add certain history manually (for example, the previously-taken PTO in EaseHR).

MM

Michael M.

Ease Customer Service is Ruining a Good Product

Our overall experience has been overshadowed by very poor customer service at all levels. When the software has caused such bad problems that we have to spend many, many hours to find and fix the damage that was done to the data, I found it very surprising when no apologies were given, and no one at Ease took responsibility for getting the issues fixed in a timely manner. It literally has taken months to get a couple of the problems fixed.

Pros

We are an insurance broker and use Ease primarily for benefit enrollment and oversight of our clients' employees. Dealing with medium sized businesses, reports and censuses are often created to solve problems. Ease has a sizeable array to choose from and I have always been able to find what I need. Also, building new companies in Ease and adding employees by spread sheet upload is relatively quick and easy.

Cons

Renewing benefits during open enrollment and also adding new benefits can be challenging. If you don't do it often it is difficult to remember everything that should be done. And you won't necessarily know if you have made a mistake until down the road when something doesn't work correctly. There is much to learn working in this area, although there are small question marks next to many items that can be clicked on and can be quite helpful.

RV

Robert V.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Long Time EASE user

Overall I have had a positive experience and this option works for 98% of groups with 100 or fewer employees.

Pros

I like that you can easily set up and deploy groups. The user interface is easy and clean. Also, this product has great form mapping with real signatures.

Cons

Some more sophisticated benefits may not be supported. Not much in the way of customizing for specific use.

PA

Pamela A.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

EASE for Business Benefits

EASE greatly reduces the need for paper Open Enrollment documents and applications/forms, which in today's day and age is important to conservation of natural resources. It also facilitates the use of remote employees - they don't have to come in to the office to complete onboarding documents or enroll in benefits, which is very helpful if the remote employee works or lives in another state.

Pros

EASE allows the human resources department of a business to focus their attention on bigger and more critical projects by freeing up the time they might spend explaining benefits to employees or gathering information needed for tracking and maintaining records. With the optional HRIS and ACA Reporting services, staying on top of important compliance requirements is much easier and all in one place.

Cons

The most significant issue for me is the inability to pick up the phone and talk to someone at EASE to resolve an issue. They do have a support chat feature that helps, but, sometimes it's easiest to just get on the phone - it saves time that may be critical to the issue and provides faster feedback, generally.

KW

Kay W.

Ease Benefit Management

Ease is a time saver for employee enrollments, for both new hire and open enrollment. Ease has been easy to use and download enrollment forms or reports needed to send to the carriers to get enrollment processed and completed. Ease provides good training for both us and out clients. Clients like using the Ease platform and like getting the reports with benefits information and contribution amounts after open enrollment closes. Ease had made my job easier and I don't have to get paper applications completed by hand by employees. Employees are able to sign electronically through Ease.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy for employees to navigate to enroll in company benefits. I like the EDI Feed option that some carriers are signed up for, I like the paperless submissions directly to the carriers. Ease is very good for yearly open enrollment set up. Ease provides great reports once open enrollment has closed. Easy to download forms that need to be submitted to carriers who do not use an EDI Feed. Our company group insureds like the Ease platform and find it easy to use. Ease provides good training to everyone. Ease support is friendly and helpful.

Cons

The biggest con is not all carriers are set up on an EDI Feed, so email or faxed enrollment forms must be submitted to the carriers. Once in a while there are a few problems during open enrollment, but Ease does fix them quickly for us.

BW

Bill W.

Insurance, self-employed

Bill Warren's Ease Review

Pros

The most value I find with the software is that information I need for my clients is readily available. Information on specific employees or the descriptions of a client's benefits are just a click away. Enrolling new groups and open enrollment are much easier since employees receive the enrollment material electronically which includes their benefits and payroll deductions so they can make informed decision. The employer and I can track progress and receive information on a more timely basis and the enrollment material we receive is legible. I can easily download employee enrollment information to the insurance company's enrollment format which save time and is completely accurate. Enrolling new employees during the plan year is much easier for the employer, employee and broker.

Cons

The main issue that I find with the software is that it does not connect with my insurance companies. Currently only 1 of my insurance companies is connected with Ease. Due to the non-connectivity, I have to manually input changes in enrollment. When my customers add to delete employees on their insurance plan, I have to manually make the change on the insurance company's web site. It really simplifies the process for the 1 insurance company that's connected to Ease.

LO

Lindsey O.

Solid Benefit Administration Platform

It's a solid platform. It can always be better, it can always be cheaper, customer service could always respond faster and it can always expand, but it's a good product. The same can be said about most other HR and benefit platforms.

Pros

I like that a good portion of our client information can be stored in one place and that most of that information can transfer onto forms for us and our clients.

Cons

Not everything transfers well, so we usually still need to edit forms and reports that get generated, and the Ease Connect that forces some clients to use an EC to Carrier feature has not gone over well with all but one or two of our clients.

DH

Debbie H.

EASE from a Broker and Employer Viewpoint

Compliance, aca reporting

Pros

Truly the ease of set up and the availability of all the features such as basic enrollment to full HR data collection and compliance documentation

Cons

we have honestly not had any reason or situation we have had issues with or disliked. That does not mean it could happen but right now we feel we have a great program compared to other programs we have used for clients. Ease of administration and setup is key as well as ease for employers and their employees.

RG

Regina G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Ease Platform Works for our Clients Benefits Administration Needs

Ease is a system that we use daily to manage our clients benefits and its one that works for our clients needs.

Pros

We handle most our our clients benefits administration in Ease and it is a user friendly system. We have no issues with setting up new clients and maintaining our clients renewals each year. The system tracks open enrollment progress for us and new hire enrollments, terminations, or QLE. All around it is a great system for benefits administration. The carrier connections with Ease is an awesome feature that has helped cut down time of processing for our clients.

Cons

There are many great features that we aren't familiar with and have yet to use. It would be great if our clients used more than just the benefits administration feature and this is something we have to explores. Two clients have their payroll integrated with Ease and at first it wasn't clear on how the deductions needed to be sent over to the payroll system and we had errors. We were able to clarify the process and now the process runs smoothly.

PT

Patti T.

Account Manager

Several years ago, we used Ease to manage the benefits of a large employer with multiple benefits and multiple eligibility rules. The group was managing their benefits manually and via spreadsheets. The group was able to implement everything in Ease. An Ease representative made himself available over a holiday to help us import data and implement this group.

Pros

Ease provides a great platform for onboarding and benefit enrollment. From the setup side, Ease is one place to store all benefit plan information, eligibility rates, employee demographics. I use Ease as my go-to place when I need to reference enrollment or benefit questions.

Cons

I do not have anything specific I can say I do not like about Ease. There are continual enhancements being made and sometimes I do not know about the functionality until I am processing a change or a renewal.

NC

Nadia C.

The name say's it all

When we selected EASE we were looking for a platform that would be simple to implement and would reduce administrative work time for our account management staff. We have found EASE can accomplish those tasks well. While we did need to designate time for implementation and training for our staff as well as our clients, we found that time spent on ongoing service work reduced.

Pros

The Ease of implementation and carrier connections.

Cons

The lack of options in the H.S.A. contribution build and the cap on broker users.

Nolan W.

Insurance,

After trying many systems... Ease Central comes out on top

The main benefit our agency has received from this product is the ability to streamline the enrollment experience for our clients. On of our top goals, as it relates to interacting with our clients and prospects, is to teach. We want people to deepen their understanding of healthcare, and their benefits options. Ease Central has helped us further our mission.

Pros

Our agency has committed to using Ease Central as our default system. Though we use others from time to time, Ease Central continues to be the most user friendly choice we're aware of - For employees, company admin, and brokers like us. The reality is - Benefits administration can be complex... Having said that, Ease makes it as simple as our agency has seen.

Cons

There are a few small features that we've requested, and that the Ease Central team is working on. Our first BIG feature request has been implemented - COBRA automation through our preferred COBRA vendor... Outside of that, we'd love to see the system auto-generate term forms for employees who are no longer with the employer or eligible for benefits.

MP

Melissa P.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Ease is the best online enrollment platform

Ease makes my job so much easier. I am a full service agent, so having a tool like Ease to manage enrollments, terminations, open enrollment, etc. is invaluable. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Pros

Ease is super easy to use and navigate. It is very intuitive, which makes it easy for me to "sell" it to my clients, even the ones who are not tech savvy. My clients and their employees love it, and it makes my job so much easier.

Cons

I've been using Ease for over 5 years and it just keeps getting better. However, I'm not a fan of the newest update to Manage Changes, but that's just me. Overall, I would say the main thing that would make Ease even better would be for all the major carriers to be connected to Ease so I could send automatic feeds instead of having to either email enrollments/terminations or process them on the individual carrier websites.

ER

Elizabeth R.

Great and simple

Overall I like it, very easy and simple to use.

Pros

The fact that it is so easy to maneuver and if you can't figure something out you can simply call EASE and they help you, no waiting hours on hold.

Cons

The only thing is that you can't customize certain censuses, you do have some options but not many. For example including; Demographics & current plans including dependents and how they were enrolled.

Susan K.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Ease is an excellent Benefit Admin system to use for all of our clients

I have used Ease almost every workday for almost 3 years and love that they are continually improving the system to be more user friendly for brokers, employers and employees.

Pros

The simple and quick setup process to add a new benefit offering or even a new client.

Cons

The customer service is a bit stretched for knowledge and availability The carrier connections are not as extensive as some other Ben admin systems

AS

Aida S.

Ease Review

It has been ok. Support is getting better but I oftentimes figure things out on my own.

Pros

I like the simplicity on the employee's end.

Cons

The back-end setup can be complicated and time-consuming. There are always issues that are unpredictable. Even when running tests there are scenarios that come up that end up in errors. Training is poor on the product. It has been a learn-as-you-go experience.

IR

Ian R.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Ben Admin system that's easy to setup, fast to deploy and most importantly - it works

simplification of benefits administration, which continues to consume more and more time from people in the insurance industry.

Pros

After trying a wide variety of ben admin systems, my favorite aspects of EaseCentral are that it's easy to setup, user friendly for group administrators and employees to use, and it creates a centralized database with a record of all benefits decisions that are available 24/7 from anywhere. Our team can setup a client in a matter of hours even after QA testing. Anyone who's been through long setups with other systems knows the importance of being able to launch quickly. The EaseCentral system was designed and continues to evolve in ways that make almost any benefits program and contribution strategy a possibility to deploy.

Cons

Product updates and new capabilities happen so quickly that if you miss a couple weeks of updates, you can be really behind.

ND

Nancy D.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

One piece of constructive criticism

Overall, have been very, very pleased, and our employers have been overwhelmingly happy. Even those we more or less forced into moving to the platform have come back and said how much they like it. It's made our admin lives much easier.

Pros

The efficiency and accuracy - save us (or our employers) a lot of time that we were previously wasting, having to follow up on paper forms to get missing information, figure out what something said that we couldn't read, etc.

Cons

There have been a couple of things that are inaccurate or incomplete. For instance, the program seems to automatically default to saying the Rx coverage is NOT creditable...but most of them are. There has also been at least one case where the detail of the BCBS lab and x-ray benefit was not exactly accurate. We can "fix" these, but we DEPEND on the program to do most of this for us.