Planday Reviews

4.53/5 (43 reviews)

Erica T.

Great Add-On for Practice Mgmt Systems Missing HR Functionality!

Reviewed 2018-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

My office uses a practice management system with next to zero HR functions, a terrible time clock, and no integration with platforms from other vendors. We were looking for a platform that would allow employees to see their schedules, request vacations, switch shifts, etc. we also wanted a time clock that integrated with quickbooks. PlanDay lets us do all of this quickly and easily. We have been able to literally cut our time spent on payroll by over 50%, and reduce scheduling time by at least 1/3. The other features have also helped us streamline, organize, and centralize our HR activities while “going paperless.” The app is user friendly and our employees love using it, we’ve even noticed a recognizable boost in employee morale since starting PlanDay Great sales, customer service, training, and tech personnel! Everyone is extremely helpful, knowledgeable, awesome at responding very quickly with easy to understand, concise yet complete answers. No pushy attempts to up sell, wanted to give me only the functionality I actually needed. Looked at several different platforms, PlanDay was by far the most user-friendly and visually appealing. Time clock feature syncs super easily and accurately with QuickBooks for Payroll, and employees love being able to clock in on their smartphones. LOVE the reporting feature that tracks attendance tardiness and other metrics for direct input into performance reviews. App is fantastic and employees love it. Provides pretty much all the functionality we need to go paperless with most of our HR functions - scheduling, shift changes/time off requests, payroll (via quickbooks sync), keeping track of benefits, personnel files, etc.! Has saved us significant time and money spent on HR!

Melissa Jensen

LoveLoveLove PlanDay!

Reviewed 2016-08-16

PlanDay was the best decision we made this year. Easy, fast and user friendly for both management and employees!We'd been looking for an online scheduling tool for the last few years, but all of them provided only information from the employee's point of view. PlanDay was the first (only?) to provide the ability for us to toggle back and forth from the employee view to the management, or "position view". Moreover, the customer service is beyond compare. What an incredible tool PlanDay has been for us!

Michael Lau

Very user friendly, great organizer, creates easy communication between management and staff.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

The App makes it very easy to keep scheduling organized. Very user friendly. After a short period of time getting used to Planday you will feel very comfortable. Customization for every aspect of the App makes it very easy to use the things you want and filter out the things you don't need. Allows for easy communication access between all users, from staff to management.

Karen Miller

Flexible Employee Scheduling Software

Reviewed 2018-06-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Almost all of my employees were able to get online and get started without any problems. The software is very simple to use, has a dashboard so that employees can see their own schedule and open tours on which they can bid. For the few that needed extra handholding, planday has the ability for the manager to sign in as the employee and get them set up at the beginning. The messaging system from within the software has been easy to use by everyone.The software is flexible enough to work with my tourism related business. I was able to categorize all of my employees into multiple categories. Using these categories I am able to place tour types onto the schedule and have the appropriate employees bid on various upcoming tours. The customer service training I received and the support and follow up at the beginning were extremely helpful in setting up my business onto the platform.

Doris Zercher

Overall experience has been positive.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Good management.I like that my employees can easily and quickly keep me informed of any changes or request that they have via text or email. That changes or work schedules are updated in real time. That off site employees can clock in. That the program is very easy to set up and use. That the support has always been excellent. This software has had a significant impact on my ability to manage my staff in a way that is efficient for them and our office.

Alexander Kobbevik

The smartest and best employee scheduling app, with punch-clock

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Saving a lot of timeSuper-easy to use and roll out new schedules for the employees and plan vacations. Also allowing punch-clock to be limited to the workplaces Wifi or location to punch in. Easy for employees to switch time-scheludes.

Lonnie Lykke Skouboe

From Nokia to iPhone

Reviewed 2015-05-22

We're a large (25+ personal) dental clinic placed in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark. We strive to work as productive and efficient as possible, with quality and costumer service as our key words. As a manager I used to spend several hours a week, both at work and outside work, doing schedules using exel, to make sure every shift was covered. Usually I would spend my Easter puzzling the schedule for the upcoming summer holiday, ringing and texting assistants to sort out who I could fit in where there was a gap. Those days are over, and even though we've used Planday for more than a year now, both my assistants, my boss and I'm still pleasantly surprised by how easy Planday is to use. I would recommend Planday to any business with hourly scheduled staff. Planday is like when I got my first iPhone!I must admit I was a little suspicious at first, starting something new, but that changed quickly. The introduction we got, the service and help was (is!) worth 5 stars. Planday is very easy to use, very userfriendly. The ability to customize everything is great. Easy to navigate around.

Mindy Andrus

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2016-10-17

Randy in Customer Support has been fantastic. I encountered a problem with my account and he called me back within minutes and was able to help me resolve the issue. He is polite, patient and professional. I highly recommend Planday for staff scheduling needs. I like the flexibility and customization features.

Paul Carr MBA

Great software

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Planday really reduces management time compiling the rota, it is easy for staff to manage holidays and good to help managers stick to weekly staffing budgets. The punch in/out function again reduces admin time for paper timesheets and reduces the possibility of fraud.

Fady Aroonsuck

My experience with Planday has been exceptional!

Reviewed 2017-07-14

I am able to schedule and create payroll reports for payments.What I like most about this software is the support. Customer rep has been very patient and very helpful every step of the way.

Hannah Robbins

Making life simpler

Reviewed 2016-12-13

We have been using Planday for just over a month now and I am amazed at how much easier it has made my life. Writing schedules has always been a nightmare and with Planday, it simplifies that task and allows our employees to request what shifts they want. It is very user-friendly and has a nice app for phones and tablets. The only downside is that we have had issues with the app working on one employee's Android phone not being able to log in. However, several others with the same phone have had no issues. We would also like to use the time clock feature but are waiting for the update that will allow employees to clock out for a lunch break. Customer support has been helpful and we have enjoyed our experience so far with Planday.

Eunice Nielsen

Saves me a full days work

Reviewed 2015-05-27

Payday use to be a full day adventure, trying to keep track of 30 employees in an Excel sheet, calculating their supplements according to the time of work and subtracting any personnel goods. After switching to Planday payday now takes roughly an hour, and that’s only because I double check everything to be sure. I still can’t believe it’s that easy, but it is.I like that it is so easy for our employees to put a shift up for sale/trade, and we no longer have to note down who switched with who. However, we still have the security of having to confirm the switch before it’s activated. My favorite part though, is the compatibility with our pay system. It saves me hours

Susie Pagander

Cut our scheduling time in half!

Reviewed 2016-12-12

Really great software, a little difficult to set up, but only because I didn't ask the questions I needed to. They have a live chat available for you and their response is usually pretty quick. My staff can put in what they prefer and their availability which in turn has created a happier staff. I love that is doubles as a message center so I can group message everyone and they can reply to me without bothering everyone in the group text. The time clock is available in my region, however, breaks (lunch) is not yet. I am excited to start using it in January because my payroll will be integrated into the schedule. So far I am excited about the change and the time it has saved my manager each week and the money I have saved allowing her to apply her time to more worthwhile tasks.How easy it makes everything after it was set up.

Kevin J Perkins

We chose Planday Domestic

Reviewed 2016-10-21
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small company, less than ten employees with the intention of someday being bigger. We needed a time and attendance software that allowed remote access, allowed calendar scheduling, analytics, payroll sync, and real time communication on events and expectations. We did not want to spend a lot of money.Plan day allows us to grow with employees and locations, they charge us monthly by the number of users. We can access all of the features from anywhere using the login console. The Graphics look professional and the staff had very little difficulty getting used to the system.

Thomas Greenall

Bespoke Hotels has implemented Planday in 5 hotels. It has been a great success.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Improved Employee satisfaction. Admin time efficiencies. Increased accuracy in collating hours worked.Tracking Time & Attendance - Keeps a tight track on casual hours from a management perspective but also the employees love the app by giving them clear shift times and the option to make themselves unavailable and swap shifts. Cutting Admin Time - easy to put together rotas and produce reports for payroll processing at month end. Payroll visability - easy to track daily, weekly and monthly payroll spend.

Gita Patel

Awesome!!!

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

it's awesome! take advantage of the 30 day free trial if youre scared to jump right in I started off using the 30 day free trial with this as many programs dont offer trials anymore and I honestly fell in love!

Kazim Ladimeji

Makes scheduling staff easy

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Drag and drop functionality. Nice, clean, fresh layout. It's also good that staff can swap shifts between themselves, giving them more flexibility and without putting a greater admin burden on managers. They listen to users and constantly improve the product. The in app weather forecast visibility makes it much easier to forecast footfall and schedule.

Jesse Caszatt

PlanDay = Free day

Reviewed 2016-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Plan day has allowed me to reduce the time it takes me to create a two week schedule by 2/3rds. It also has reduced the amount of managing the schedule on my end and placed it on the staff. Saves time, reduces the time need to manage every shift change, vacation requests, and open shift. Makes Staff responsible for their own schedule management. The Punch Clock has also been great to manage when the staff clocks in and out. The BEST support ever!

James Zhang

5 Stars from Chexology (SharkTank featured item rental economy SaaS)

Reviewed 2015-10-17

We are a NYC-based item rental SaaS that typically hires, trains, and staffs 400-1,000 W4 brand ambassadors during the winter season. Previously, we used ShiftPlanning, which was expensive, had an outdated UI, and an unfriendly mobile experience. I reached out to Cody knowing I'd need my team's buy-in to terminate our old vendor. He made it a 1-week decision with a better price and a superior product. The great thing about Planday is intelligent control over your workers' organization and being able to reach them in many ways (Twilio type SMS, required reads, news feed) to make your client comfortable. The best thing is having an "on-demand" shift grabbing feature to make work equitable and replacements instant. We sort of up-sell Planday into our services now as being "best-in-class." I don't think I'm lying! Thanks guys. - James Zhang Chief Operating Officer Chexology LLC

Marc Dyker

Planday Review

Reviewed 2016-07-22

Planday was one of the most useful tools i have come across for organizing shifts and punch clock information

Tim Mills

Brilliant

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Simple easy to use, all the staff love the app

Heather Smith

Research Reveals Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2015-11-10

I signed up for a free trial of Planday for research purposes. I have a long history of working with enterprise resource planning and HR information systems. I've had an academic interest in cloud-based, mobile tools for some time. Planday has created a unique product in that space by fostering collaboration and I wanted a hands-on experience. This was the first time I had an immediate check-in from a live person. If this is indicative of the typical customer experience, Planday is far ahead of SAP, Oracle, Workday, and other employee scheduling and workforce planning tools. Daniel Cline contacted me shortly after I signed up to see how he could help me make the most out of the tool. As a technology professional who has overseen many product procurement efforts, this level of customer service is a rare find. Keep up the great work!

Marta Baldwin

I can't say enough about how much I dislike this product. There are constant issues and glitches.

Reviewed 2018-05-31

The scheduling module works pretty well The scheduling feature is easy to use and works pretty well. The templates make it easy to duplicate schedules that are used often.

TJ Slain

Basic online scheduling app

Reviewed 2018-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Cheaper than most, easy to use, mobile app available for staff and management. User friendly, not many complaints from staff

Betty Lambert

I used this software at one company I consulted for. They wanted to track vacation usage of employees and personal time off.

Reviewed 2017-11-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I used this easily to keep track of employee vacation time and also used to calculate what time we owed employees when they quit the company. It helped us to prepare a final check accurately, reducing issues after a termination