Rotageek Logo

Changing scheduling for good.

Rotageek Reviews

Suggested alternatives

makeshift
dayforce-hcm
when-i-work

Its great that we can notify our colleagues immediately of any shift changes and that it saves the use of a diary or having to write all of the shifts down. Paperless is always good too.
Overall I have a positive experience with Rotageek as it saves me around 2 hours every week which is brilliant.
Sometimes we have problems when putting in shifts that it changes the shift. This has only been a recent problem.
Very slow lately, doesn't load for a long while and changes fail to register causing you to make mistakes.
The more updates that come in the less easy it is to use it. Stop the updates as you are making the product worse.

WB

Warren B.

Wine and Spirits, 1,001-5,000 employees

Rotageek for the average user

Overall I am very happy with the software.

Pros

I open the app on my iPhone, or iPad, or via a link in an email or by logging into the desktop. It just works.. I can see my next duty, who I’m working with and where. Everything I need in one easy to read screen. I can manage my annual leave from the app, easily and without fuss. The app even tells me when there is an update ! As a user of the end product it does everything I need it to. I’m not involved in programming my hours or accepting my leave requests, but my Manager seems to manage it and she’s not the most tech savvy person I’ve worked with, so it is probably straight forward to add shifts etc.

Cons

I actually don’t think there is anything I can criticise this software for, I does what I need it to, when I need it to.

RQ

Richard Q.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

pros & cons

i become very frustrated with the system at the start then managed to find a calm way of scheduling the teams i needed to- then the functions changed and what used to take me 30mins is now taking roughly 60/90mins which is costly.

Pros

as a toll to record hours worked it is better than previous- however on a day i would get at least 5/8 emails from the team asking me to amend their hours as it has clocked them out/not recorded the day/app didn't work. it is a pro for the team to be able to see their schedule on an app it is a pro to have the holiday accreument available. paying team members who work across multiple sites is a plus.

Cons

i preferred when you could re order the employees - no idea why this function changed. when you copy and paste a shift if a short shift it reverts to a 30min break when for us many still take 60mins time consuming and if missed costs the bussiness. time it takes for employees to appear.

CC

Carl C.

End user experience

As previously mentioned, I don’t like the current scheduler which is 95% of what I use RotaGeek for.

Pros

It makes managing holidays a lot easier and simpler both for myself and my team

Cons

The new (current) scheduler is nowhere near as good as the old one, I don’t understand why something that was meant to be an upgrade has made it less user friendly and less easy to use, also I used to use the templates function which enabled me to do my rota’s really quickly and easily but now it takes significantly longer to do, I’ve previously complained about this and was told that shift patterns was the replacement for templates but the shift patterns are a completely different thing entirely and can’t be used for the same thing.

JC

James C.

Rotageek Review

Customer service is brilliant and overall the system is very easy to use.

Pros

Product is extremely easy to use and having the ability to have it on your phone with the app is brilliant. Highly recommend

Cons

As a company we have varying shift patterns every week and it would be handy to have an 'Day Off' marker available to use when organising the rota for staff members days off that week. This would be visually beneficial for myself when organising the rota but also for team members to indicate their days off rather than just leaving it blank on the rota and when the team member is not taking annual leave. Additionally if you were able to publish one individual team members rota when you have allotted unpublished shifts to other team members rather than having to publish the whole rota at once.

MC

Matthew C.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

It could be great

Over all Rotageek is a great tool to use. The staff love using it, their only gripe is that the app can sometimes be unreliable. It is really easy to use to create a rota for multiple teams and a large number of employees. Holiday , leave requests and sickness are straight forward to manage.

Pros

The possibilities are amazing but I feel the parameters are set by people who don't understand what the end users need. It is too rigid and not a lot of room to move when we have to go by parameters that are set by a head office that don't understand the operation.

Cons

I think the software is a amazing but there is just to many limitations put on it by the powers that be.

JM

Julie M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

In store experience

From what software we where using before it’s night and day of a different right staff right tim. I love how everything is on the app . All employees can see clearly what shifts are required and can set a calendar reminder.

Pros

I like how you can clearly see all employees details of shifts and break in order. You can tailor what you see to your settings

Cons

When doing a rota from temple it doesn’t always give you what you ask for. I always double check the rotas as some random errors can happen. I have used the chat device to ask for support on this on many occasions.

FM

Fabiano M.

Spot o’clock!

Pros

I would stick to the basics: it is an efficient way to plan my working hours around the week as it is always handy, right on my mobile screen. A few taps and I have all I need, my working days and days off. I can even plan my holidays with accurately.

Cons

I would enjoy the app better if the notification informing that my shift is about to start never failed. It is not like I need it to remind me that I have to leave for work but it is a feature that may require a little of a fine tuning from the developers.

PS

Pawel S.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing tool for any business

From the beginning I liked that rotageek listened to feedback , especially at The start and shaped the experience to our requirements.

Pros

I love the ease of use and how it allows me to interact with other users by implementing gaps for shift covers and notifications for any shifts created .whats amazing is that all staff get a notification about the shift I’ve created or changed by text and email too.thats so convenient.

Cons

Not too many cons .maybe some changes are unnecessary in my opinion and don’t add any extra usage .

BA

Bashar A.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Excellent live chat service

Love it , can’t live without it !

Pros

It’s constantly being developed to suit our company s need s and any glitches dealt with quick. I enjoy the copy shift setting , it allows u to add the shift to any one at multiple times.

Cons

I access it on my phone browser and can get slightly frustrating with how small the text is .

SJ

Sharna J.

Really Good Rota Software

Really good! I would recommend this to other companies to use.

Pros

This app/website gets used in our company daily. It’s easy to use and has some fantastic features to ensure doing rotas is smoothly run. Commission reports are also super handy and easy to fill in daily. All in all a great software.

Cons

Honestly nothing to fault with this app, I liked all the features and didn’t have a problem with any of them.

JH

Jane H.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use and a great asset to my store

Pros

I like that I can easily amend shifts and have them sent out to the team very quickly. It's really good that the breaks are built into the system and that we can have different shifts that are set out to the businesses needs, offering different payroll codes. The support from the rotageek team is always fantastic.

Cons

At times the programme can freeze meaning that a refresh of the page is needed. The only thing that ever lets this down is issues inputting or amending shifts, but every problem I've encountered, I have been able to contact the rotageek team who investigate and fix the issue quickly.

SA

Sohail A.

I love RotaGeek

Outstanding!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, I have the mobile app on my phone also and find seeing my shift and other staff members shifts easy to view. I also find it easy to use for shift scheduling and the help function when you speak to a real person is absolutely outstanding.

Cons

Nothing, I love it, done such a great job!

HK

Helen K.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Rotageek makes issuing rotas and completing payroll so much quicker and not paperwork reliant

The system overall is great and speeds up processing payroll. It is also easy for when we make rota amends as the team receive immediate updates and the rota is always accurate to refer to.

Pros

Staff being able to check in and out for their shifts. Having a system that integrates between rotas and payroll is brilliant.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to issue some parts of the rota to certain users, rather than have to issue to all. The auto schedule and the shift templates are hard to use and could be more user friendly.

AD

Anthony D.

Great service and app

I find it easy to use and to set up shifts for colleges

Pros

I love that the rota geek has an app and you can see your shifts on your phone at ease with reminders and the college your Woking with

CD

Catherine D.

Pets at home user

Pros

Like the app on your phone to access to see what you're working and what the team are working. Easy to swap and change shifts and the colour function to distinguish between shifts

MS

Mark S.

Great Tool

Good, I like the system makes life easier

Pros

Very easy to use, we will soon be seeing a auto rota feature that will make the process a lot easier. colored shifts are useful. the App is really useful for my team.

Cons

can be buggy, when a shift is copied this can throw some errors to the system.

DJ

David J.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use & keep colleagues informed

Easy to use and update. Produces slick understandable reports. Can be easily accessed away from work on my mobile device which gives me the ability to respond to changes and requests quickly for colleagues

Pros

The ability to access and update away from work. It’s really easy for colleagues to request leave and for me to approve from the comfort of my sofa

Cons

Print function can be a tad glitchy on occasion

DL

Dave L.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Use it daily for letting my colleagues know when they are in. Not had an issue with it yet

Pros

Easy to use, help on hand if required. Someone is always there if I need it. Navigating through the site is not complicated at all.

Cons

Cant fault it. I use it daily and so do all of my colleagues

cw

claire w.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple to use, when you know how

Pros

Simplicity of adding shifts and changing shifts

Cons

It doesnt link up very well with the company payroll system as reason codes are not the same. And it would be good to be able program fixed shifts for those colleagues who do the same days and shifts every week.

ak

adnan k.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Great Scheduling Tool

Pros

Fantastic scheduling tool that lets me update and amend my schedules from anywhere on any device, provides updates to all users when any changes have been made and means that everyone knows when they should be working, really easy to use and great support

Cons

find the app a little fiddly to use, prefer to use the website option as its alot easier to manage large schedules on a bigger screen

JK

Jeno K.

Rotageek

Pros

I like the fact that you can see your shift, any annual leave, your team's shifts. Makes it easy to plan the day.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow and I mean slow. Randomly logs you out. Whenever an update comes up, it feels like a step backwards.

BC

Benjamin C.

Supermarkets, 5,001-10,000 employees

User

Pros

Super-fantastic support team, a huge credit to the brand Intuitive and user-friendly

Cons

Slowdown that requires clearing of cache to return to normal Some tools difficult to reach if new to the software or haven't used it in a while

SA

Sharon A.

Easy and helpful

Pros

Great software for rostering. Great for ease of communication with colleagues.

Cons

The shift scheduling when you need to put in 2 separate shifts for the same colleague on the same day, and it doesn’t really cooperate

Amy R.

Easy

It good, its updated staight away, it gives u alerts so u dont forget when ur working

Pros

Easy to use, clear, can check at any time

Cons

Not being able to change my holiday request. Can add new dates but cant ask to exstend appoved holiday

RH

Rhiannon H.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Good app but could be easier

Pros

I like that everyone has access to all the changes that are made and everyone’s on the same page.

Cons

I don’t like that the multiple people make it confusing to use, when they appear on multiple pay things