The Applicant Manager

Easy use, customizable applicant tracking for SMBs

The Applicant Manager Reviews

Pros

To a user, they all love it. Having worked with some of the more complicated and expensive tools on the market, I was very pleased to see how TAM integrated with my hiring processes.

Russ D.

The vendor has been extremely helpful and responsive when I've had questions. I evaluated several systems, and felt that TAM would best meet our needs at a reasonable price.

Kathy H.

Melissa B.

Stephanie T.

There are parts when sending the rejection letters that's a bit confusing. The tables become distorted and it doesn't give you a message if the template run before hitting Save.

Kristina P.

Training and customer service was poor. We researched and had several vendors that we had demos with.

Donna V.

Streamlined our processes

It streamlines the whole recruiting process for us.

Pros

Applicants and resume were managed using Outlook and personalized folders in the past. This app revolutionized our process. Intuitive and saves time.

Cons

Educating our branch managers to use the software required effort (as with any other process change); it helped that the software was intuitive.

Satisfied

The recruiting process is more consistent and streamlined. I also have access to what my co-worker is working on and vice versa. We are able to work as more of a team with the software.

Pros

Ease of use of the tool. It did not take long to be trained on the system, and we were able to pick up some things as we went along. Also there are often trainings available when things change on the site.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I like least about the software. It really does seem to help us with all of our current needs.

Easy to Use and Supportive System

Overall, TAM has been very easy to use and efficient. Hiring managers enjoy the system, and the customer support team is always accessible and quick to response to our requests. I would recommend to others! I would like to see more automatized process to help our recruitment team enhance the candidate experience. Job description formatting is limited.

Pros

Ease of use. We've launched this to our hiring managers and its been very effective. Customer support is always available, with quick turn around time.

Cons

Formatting can be an issue, specifically with Job Posting text boxes. There isnt a lot of flexibility. Would like to see blind resume screening process for increased equity and diversity practices.

Great Software

Overall, the product has been great.

Pros

The software has been wonderful at tracking applicants through the entire process. It has been easy to set up to fit our needs. The software fits our needs. Customer support has been wonderful.

Cons

I've experiences some issues with event triggers not working. I've also experienced a glitch in the system that has sent numerous emails to various applicants. Customer support has handled each issue as it has come up in a timely manner

GREAT PRODUCT, GREAT SERVICE AND USER FRIENDLY

My experience has been great! We went from paper applications to TAM. Management is very pleased with the system and excited that we have moved away from paper. The TAM team is fantastic!

Pros

The best part of TAM is the customer service. Customer Service is so important. Anytime I have a question or concern, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] response back quickly. It's easy to use and has all of the basic features that an ATS should have.

Cons

I have been using TAM for a few months and I haven't found anything that I do not like.

Helpful ATS

Really good. Would recommend.

Pros

The integration process was very smooth and the price of the software is fairly inexpensive. I've received great customer service from TAM and I'm excited to see how the filtering options are enhanced in the feature. There is some room for improvement, however for the price I can't complain.

Cons

I wish it did a better job at filtering, but again for the price is does a good job.

TAM is great! Very intuitive ATS with a smooth implementation.

My main objective was to find an ATS that was easy for my hiring managers and executives to use. I have had not one single complaint from any of my users about implementing this tool. To a user, they all love it. Having worked with some of the more complicated and expensive tools on the market, I was very pleased to see how TAM integrated with my hiring processes

Pros

The Forms feature that TAM uses is without a doubt the coolest features I have ever seen in an ATS. Managers and Executives normally roll their eyes when HR tells them that they have to learn a new tool in order to hire candidates. TAM solved this by putting the majority of Manager and Executive interaction in simple, interactive forms that are emailed to users. They don’t even have to log into the...

Cons

I wish that I could click on the Positions from my dashboard and link to the job instead of having to go to the Positions Table to accomplish that.

Great HR Tool

As the one to upload job and send out it is very easy and fast to post a job. I like the tracking and ability to search is easy too. Just getting the managers to use the tool is the problem.

Pros

This software makes it easy to track applicants and if managers will give you notes to follow it makes the job easy and fast. The key here is that the managers have to use the note screen and it would be good if they could change the status on applicants as far as if they do not fit qualifications.

Cons

Need users to get involved in the status of employees. So that the user can update that information and we can send out a notice faster to those that are not as qualified as others and will not be interviewing.

Great HR software for small companies

Customer service is very prompt and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The platform is very user friendly with easy set up.

Cons

Event Triggers is a little cumbersome to understand.

Pretty satisfied, the customer support has been really helpful.

Pros

It is really user friendly and pretty simple to navigate

Cons

I do wish we could have more control over the documents sent through TAM for onboarding, and have the ability to personalize some of the documents more, like the Offer letter. I also wish it could connect to our Payroll system to automatically add them into out HRIS System.

Affordable

It's saved me a lot of time and helped me be more accountable on follow-up with applications, which is huge. Having everything in one place, being able to search through previous applicants and their application history and now allowing applicants to get lost in the process are huge benefits.

Pros

It was the most affordable full feature ATS I demo'd. It does the basic features very well. Quick responses from customer support. It's very nice being able to post to multiple job boards at once. It's nice being able to search applications/resume by keyword or by tags that I've assigned. Helps keep me accountable with reminders to follow-up with applicants, even if it's just to send a rejection email.

Cons

When I'm creating a new position and want to use the information from a previous post the history doesn't go back far enough sometimes, instead only showing the most recently closed positions. They say they check in with you regularly to make sure things are going ok but that hasn't been my experience. My original account manager checked in and was always available to answer questions but he has...

TAM is one of the cheapest month to month plans, while still being able to customize and automate the hiring process.

All in all, TAM is a good application tracking system. It's a lot better than hiring by email, and using excel files. They do have quite a bit of con, BUT it is one of the most advanced application tracking systems for a user. If you're mostly interested in keeping all of your applicants in one place, and easily posting jobs, TAM is a great option

Pros

-I like the Staff, has been amazing, she has helped me understand quite a bit about the software, and shes even offered several great suggestions, to make my workflow easier. I like that each user is assigned one designated go-to person. -I like the filtering features. You can view all candidates, and simply type what you want to see in each column. Other systems weren't as easy to filter out unwanted...

Cons

-I don't like the implementation fee. I'm quite a self learner. Although I was showed a few things, and answered a few questions. I'm not sure if its price is worth that. I set up everything during my trial run. Support walked me through all of her phases of training, yet everything I had already completed. -I don't like that the color schemes on the graphs. Its all shades of blue, so when you have...

Jessica, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We particularly appreciate your feedback on our implementation fee. You are definitely a strong self-starter and did a ton of less-guided work, once we had your system set up, but our tech team’s extensive work in getting your system customized and ready for that work is the same regardless of user skill, and dictates part of our implementation...

Great starter ATS

Great starter ATS system. We did not have anything in place before this system and it has helped streamline our process.

Pros

Great starter ATS system. Easy to use. visually appealing Quick set up Collects all info in 1 place.

Cons

Pay per user Missing a bunch functions. They could, in theory, be available but because we have a limited budget we only pay for 1 user they are not. Not the best customer service. Does not work on all browswers

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review! We've had a hard time reaching you for your regular support check-ins, so we're bummed, but not too surprised to see some misunderstandings here. First, TAM is a full-featured ATS and every client (single users to multi-national organizations) has access to all of TAM's functions, regardless of the number of users. Can we meet up some time soon...

Best Applicant Tracking Software for Small Company

After researching multiple ATS systems and sitting through many demos I once again (this is my second time implementing TAM with a company) selected TAM for our recruiting and applicant tracking needs.

Pros

Customized emails Great support team Constant upgrades Ongoing training Direct push to job boards

Cons

This product is only for recruiting and applicant tracking. No onboarding, training tracking, or HRIS capabilities - which I did not need at this time.

Tia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this excellent feedback! It’s one of our favorite things when we have users return to TAM when they’ve found a new job. It’s happening all the time now, and we love getting some of our favorite users back when they’ve left a job at a client company. One thing I wanted to make sure to alert you to, is that we do indeed provide support for onboarding!...

Great Implementation Team

The salesperson I first talked to was very inexperienced but VERY pleasant and great with following up and getting my questions answered. I have loved working with my client rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I have struggled with frustration over the time it takes to get simple things fixed (still waiting) with the tech team.

Pros

I loved working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to implement the software. She was highly knowledgeable and is always willing to answer my questions. It is easy to get in touch with her when there are issues as well. I like that we are able to rate applicants and that the software is easy to use.

Cons

I have had trouble with the development/tech team implementing necessary changes. We have an ongoing issue with our application and I have asked four times for the issue to be fixed and it is still not fixed. I also think that while the development team does a good job getting the program to work correctly, they don't always focus on the end-user experience or do enough testing on mobile or different...

TAM is a recruiting lifesaver!

Pros

I love TAM's ability to track emails to and from candidates/recruiters within their application profile. It allows for anyone who's part of the hiring team to see where they left off which is extremely helpful if someone was out sick. The automatic job postings to 5-6 job boards is incredible helpful as well. Our account managers were extremely helpful and always quick to respond. I'm also in love with the onboarding packet you can add.

Cons

The UX design of the email thread could be more appealing, the onboarding feature where candidates fill out forms has been glitchy/hard to work with from time to time. I wished it could automatically populate certain things.

James - thanks so much for your thorough review - we appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear more about what differences you'd like to see in TAM's email system. Your team has made great use of TAM's extra features, like onboarding. I know we've already made some improvements to those processes based on your feedback - are there other specific improvements you have in mind? The onboarding tool does have the ability to auto-populate a great number of fields prior to signing - which ones of these have been missing for you? Let's try to connect soon to review all of the above!

TAM Fan!

Pros

We're a small company and TAM checked all the boxes for us at a very reasonable rate. It is easy to use, the knowledge base is very helpful, and when we need something more, the customer service is instantaneous! There is no waiting for help. TAM has made our lives so much easier, especially as an Affirmative Action company with the tracking requirements we have. We've appreciated that when we have a suggestion, it is taken seriously and often times we see the system upgraded with those suggestions included. The system seems very nimble and the TAM staff highly responsive and a pleasure to work with. We don't use all the features, but those we do are easy and intuitive.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever, but looking forward to being able to text/track conversations with candidates in the future!

Michele - Thank you so much for your enthusiastic and thorough review! We've very much enjoyed having you as a client, and we look forward to a long partnership ahead! Cheers!

The Best of TAM

I have worked with a few different Applicant Tracking systems and none have been this easy to use. From the ease of application to friendly and prompt customer service, this is by far my favorite system to use.

Pros

I appreciate the customization available to me if I need it. It is also rare these days to have a service provider take your input and suggestions and put it to fruition. Another one of my favorite pieces is the regular webinars. I like learning how other companies use this software as it's given us some great ideas.

Cons

Now that we've used this software for a few years, our requisition list is getting rather long. When I am looking for a certain position to copy from, it'd be great to have more search features to pull the one I want.

Recruiting software that feels like it was built by recruiters

They have a free trial that gives a lot of great insight if you're considering the product. We didn't transfer over any of our previous ATS data so I can't speak to that part of the process. I love the event triggers that you can set up!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user-friendly. You can customize almost everything to fit your company needs. The customer support team is quick to respond and very helpful. TAM has the ability to create a spreadsheet of data from almost any applicant page you're viewing. The set-up/implementation was fast and we were working with a committed representative through the whole process who still checks in on us to see how things are going. The contract is truly month-to-month so you don't have to worry about over committing and being stuck with a product that doesn't work for you. Overall, great value for the money we spend!

Cons

The reporting features on the actual reporting tab are limited, we often pull reports from applicant searches instead to look at the data we are most interested in. There were a couple of hiccups in the implementation that I thought would have been smoother considering the upfront work on both the Client and TAM's part. The color scheme for the workflow is a set gradient so that if you have a lot of steps in your workflow it's hard to discern between stages in the desktop tab graphic. Tracking can be a bit of a challenge when hiring multiple candidates for one role.

Amazing team with full support

Great team and excited to see how this ATS morphs as our needs do.

Pros

Full service ATS Easy to configure Able to section out different companies - staffing agency need Looks great

Cons

Greater analytics once candidate hits the ATS Greater analytics of exactly where candidates came from (vs. self identified)

Hi Cara, Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this review! It’s been our pleasure helping get your system up-and-running, and we know the service will continue to impress you, as we take feedback like yours very seriously when determining what features will make it into our next release. (You can expect to see releases every few months, and they’re always chock-full of items requested by clients like you.) For your question on applicant sources, we actually *just* released a new filter for source reporting, which will allow you to do exactly what you’ve asked for, here. We’d love to meet up with you some time soon to talk about what other analytics you’d like to see, so watch for an email form us to set that up. Thank you again for your review! Happy Holidays!

This reviewer only left a rating

Sure there are many options out there but if you are looking for one that flexible to your needs, then stop searching. I've found that when ever I've needed something from The Applicant Manager I was able to get it done. The entire program can be customized to how you want it and makes your processes almost effortless. The designers are quick to respond to any requests you may have and a delight to...

Cons

Easy to Implement, Efficient to Use, Effective!

Pros

TAM was not just the best value for the price (it is truly an affordable solution that should not be overlooked) it was easy to implement and made our recruitment process much more efficient and entire HR Team more effective as a result. The TAM team has amazing customer service, with immediate response to questions. The organization is so nimble that they can modify on the go to meet customer concerns or requests. The periodic "TAM Talks" outlining improvements directly from that client feedback are very helpful and all new version roll-outs are totally seamless without any additional cost.

Cons

Nothing - the product is easy to use and the support is matchless. They've gone above and beyond for us as we converted from an entirely manual process and were flexible enough to allow us to maintain certain manual controls.

Good applicant tracking software, a bit of learning curve

The Applicant Manager has really streamlined our internship application process. Being an internship program, we're structured a bit differently than many businesses that might use The Applicant Manager, but it does the trick and has been received well by students and community partners. Some of the extra features cost more, so be sure to verify which features are included with the package you purchase while evaluating your businesses' needs.

Pros

Once we had our account set up, it has been great to be able to track all of our internship applicants in one place. Support from our customer support consultant, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been very good.

Cons

It isn't the most user friendly interface and there is a bit of a learning curve (with training from a representative from The Applicant Manager). It seems a bit dated. When we were in the process of putting our application 'live' on our website, one of the features we had been told was included was removed from our account without notification. While we eventually resolved the issue with lots of calls to Customer Service, it caused a delay in implementation and was very disappointing.

I would recommend TAM

Love the electronic Req feature.

Pros

This ATS system is very user friendly, and has almost everything we need.

Cons

That candidates cannot have a log on to check their status.

TAM - Software delivers what it promised!

Would recommend this software for any company that needs a simple, easy to use software. Great for smaller to mid size employers.

Pros

* Overall Value * Great customer service (email and phone) * Ease of Use * Regular software updates * Not too complicated * Delivered the capabilities it promised

Cons

* Wished they had HRIS software too. Some off the workflows are not intuitive to set up (but that happens with all software).

Hi Glen, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your thoughts on TAM. As a best-of-breed service, we won’t be developing our own HRIS, but we do have partnerships with a couple of excellent HRIS systems (Bamboo and Namely) that can integrate seamlessly with your TAM system. If you haven’t already, we’ll be more than happy to get this set up for you. Thanks again, and Happy New year, Glenn!