All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

The Applicant Manager

Easy use, customizable applicant tracking for SMBs

The Applicant Manager Reviews

Terrific recruiting and collaboration tool

Pros

Great value that enables any company to immediately and simply implement a professional recruiting presence on their own website, collect all relevant information automatically, including cover letters, resumes, and questionnaires, and then collaborate among all stakeholders during the interviewing process.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. The pricing is a bargain, their service has been excellent, and the product is a snap to use.

The Applicant Manager

Pros

It's very easy to use on the applicant side. Their customer service has been great, they are always there to answer questions I have, and they give monthly webinars that help explain different parts of the software.

Cons

They are still a developing software, which has both pros and cons, but for the most part, I have experienced the con side of it. I don't think they have fully reached their potential, and there are items that I wish it had. For example, they still haven't integrated with Monster job posting, and they said that was going to be done months ago. The integration would be great but not having it is not really the issue; it's just the fact they keep saying they are going to do it "soon."

TAM helped us move to the next level.

Pros

Easy to use, not cumbersome, and with the excellent training and support we got up and running very quickly.

Cons

It's pretty bare bones, but it's cost effective. I think the navigation could have fewer steps.

Dear Mimi, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The recognition that you gave us is very much appreciated by our team! I saw that you described TAM as being “bare bones”. Are there any particular features that you are looking for that would show you the full capabilities of TAM? Our goal is to provide a very “simple/clean” interface so that our users and their applicants have an effortless experience. However, TAM itself does offer a very wide feature set. Because each setup is custom to meet specific client needs, please let me or our support team know if there is anything that we can do to show you how TAM can further improve your recruiting experience. Edna

Great ATS!

Pros

TAM is extremely easy to use and intuitive. I was able to easily create what I needed without having to consult the user's manual all the time. Great workflow and organization of the product. Everything you need is on one page. Very easy to import resumes, open jobs and move people through the workflow process. Also you can totally customize what is most important to you.

Great Tech Support!

Pros

Great customer service and tech support. Will help solve any issues within hours. Jerry and the TAM staff are great!

Cons

There are limitations to certain customize-able features. The layout of the general application isn't customize-able at all.

Our first product so it was hard to change our internal culture, but TAM has trained and retrained and supported my users and helped them adopt it.

We have already added the onboarding upgrade for those offices that have successfully learned to make use of TAM.

Pros

Has to be customer support and the way they will deal directly with my end users. We don't have a lot of real savvy users, and TAM has helped them adopt and understand.

Cons

Nothing struck me as bad about the product. The job boards themselves are hard to make an impact on.

Happy with my ATS!

Pros

Everyone on TAM's staff is very easy to work with and has excellent listening skills. They are able to resolve issues quickly and easily, and they remember queries when sending out updates. I'm able to configure the recruiting workflow in any fashion and have multiple workflows. The system is very easy to learn and utilize, and the candidate application process can be configured to be as short and simple (or long and laborious) as the employer wants.

Cons

I really don't have any major complaints. They've added an optional approval process which is something I'd mentioned to them previously.

Very happy with it so far

Pros

It has been easy to use for both me as the administrator and for the hiring managers who have used it. It has really streamlined our process. The vendor has been extremely helpful and responsive when I've had questions. I evaluated several systems, and felt that TAM would best meet our needs at a reasonable price. We are a small firm and only hire a handful of candidates each year, so I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. TAM is a straightforward system that I can customize to meet my needs. I also liked the low-key sales approach - I never felt pressured or like they were trying to sell me anything I didn't need or want.

Cons

If I had to find a negative, I suppose it would be that it was a little tricky to get the integration with our website worked out. But TAM was very responsive in helping find a solution quickly.

Decent system if you don't have to track recruiter productivity

Pros

It's a fairly easy to use system, it tracks applicants, works excellently with Bamboo, and offers great on boarding tools.

Cons

It's kinda of expensive depending on which package you choose, it also doesn't offer any sort of tool to figure out which recruiters on your team are the most productive.

Hi Ericka, Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We don't have any clients associated with Aflac, and no users matching your name, so we think you might be writing about a different ATS. TAM has different billing options to fit almost any budget, and robust reporting options showing data "by Recruiter" as well as by Department, Location, and others, so you can easily see your Recruiters' productivity. If you are using TAM, please reach out to your account rep ASAP so we can check in on your account. If you're not using TAM, and the cost and reporting options of your current ATS aren't meeting your needs, TAM can most likely help, so please give us a call soon! - The Team at TAM

Overall nice product

Pros

It's great and easy to use. Love the posting automatically to certain sites. Information is easy to store for historical purpose

Cons

Don't like that their isn't a better system to pulling out internal candidates. I've experienced different systems that have made an icon next to an internal candidate.

Love this system

Pros

This HR system is great. It is very simple to use but has all of the features necessary. The cost is almost scary being so affordable.

Cons

TAM is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pros

TAM is officially my favorite ATS out of all the systems I have used over the course of my career. A few things in particular: I love the dashboard, and how easy it is to see where I am in all searches every step of the way. Creating templates for emails is so easy. I love the prescreen form options. I love the bulk update option for status/fail. Also... it's so inexpensive. Implementation was so smooth. I particularly appreciate that I didn’t have to deal with 50 different people - discovery, implementation and training has all been the same person! The entire experience has felt very personalized.

Cons

TAM makes managing numerous applicants easy

There are many software providers out there that work. But few that have the commitment and backing from their people that make you feel like you have an actual partner in HR. Not just a piece of technology.

Pros

The ability to easily see all associated documents per candidate is very helpful. You can easily switch between applicants and document any notes along the entire application process. With permission levels you can collaborate with numerous members of your organization and ensure that everyone has just the visibility they need.

Cons

Little bit of a learning curve but their support is second to none and had my inquiries answered in less than 12 hours.

Easy to Use

Great customer service, fast response.

Pros

TAM is user-friendly and easy to use. The reporting features make it easy to search far back and filter as needed. It's great that the job postings are automatically posted on external sites such as Indeed and Glassdoor.

Cons

I think the over website could be updated as it seems outdated. It would be also nice for candidates to be able to create a profile so they can apply for multiple positions at a time without having to apply for each separate.

TAM has it all

All of the staff I interacted with at TAM were knowledgeable, friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

Level of configurability is high but still seems easy, the user interface is simple and logical, multiple resume uploading options, price is competitive, self-service options are extensive and intuitive, completely mobile responsive, integrated with free job boards, all fields are searchable, knock out questions that are customizable for each position help recruiters improve efficiency.

Cons

No outlook integration button, which means emails must originate in TAM in order to be associated with the candidate's record.

Exactly What I Was Looking For

The main benefit for me was that I can now track exactly where we are with a specific applicant and see how well they have been doing throughout the interview process.

Pros

This software is extremely intuitive and had exactly what I was looking for when it comes to applicant tracking. I was able to track each potential candidate through the screening process, as well as house all of the applicant information in one place. This included resumes, cover letters, and any notes that were taken from the interviews.

Cons

There honestly was not much about this software that I did not like. I would recommend it to many companies due to the ease of use.

TAM - Top notch customer service and agile, customer-friendly system

Pros

The Applicant Manager puts their customers first and they make you feel special. I have made numerous requests to TAM for either enhanced features or simply questions on how to use the software more effectively. The TAM team, without fail, responds quickly and thoroughly. Even if a system enhancement isn't on their next release, they take the request into consideration and get it done for future releases (for those that would help multiple customers). Extremely fast attention to customer needs!

Cons

TAM responds to any feature enhancement requests quickly and with thoughtful consideration. That's all I ask for and they provide this. No real dislikes with this team.

Fantastic ATS for small or medium business!

Pros

It's very user-friendly, with easy customization, free postings, and an attractive personalized career page. It's easy to integrate to websites and has an internal portal. They have exceptional customer service from HR/Recruiting experts! It's excellent for employer branding, pipeline building, and skill coding. You're in the driver seat!

Cons

It's still a young product and a little fish in a big sea of whale competitors (but that, for me, is a good thing!) It's not as robust as I would like in KPI/Metrics tracking. I'm sure those things will become more detailed as our recruiting division continues to evolve and grow. I'm confident TAM ATS will grow along with us seamlessly.

Excellent Customer Service and Search Capabilities

Pros

The people at The Applicant Manager are great. We looked into lots of different Applicant Tracking systems and kept coming back to TAM. They answered every question I threw at them. What was great was that everyone I spoke to had recruiting experience. TAM has such an easy interface where I can take notes as I'm conducting my phone screen. I love the search capabilities and how easy it is to tailor the workflow. Customer Service is top notch. I get a response almost immediately if I have a problem or question. They also offer great ideas around Recruiting best practices especially during set up.

Cons

It would be great if they had an interview tab so results could be added directly into this section.

A fantastic Applicant Tracking tool, with top-notch service

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is fantastic. We get quick and full responses from the company and they ensure our questions are answered.

Cons

Nothing to date. It does not have all of the bells and whistles, but we don't need it to. We hire an estimated 150 people per year and have not had any problems.

Recruiting Manager

Pros

This system is easy to learn and very affordable. They are easy to get in touch with and willing to help out as much as they can on any issue.

Cons

We are on a tight budget, so this is the best option for us. For the price, there are so many great features. However, I do wish there were some more options and easy access to another "hired" database after an employee is hired. I know they are working on it, but I wish there were more seamless options when running background checks and payroll.

Seemless experience

Pros

easy to use, great customer support when questions arise, seems to integrate well with job boards/sources

Cons

Its pretty basic, which makes it easy to use but does lack the bells and whistles of other ATS I've used

Nice flow, easy to train people how to use. Data can be found quickly.

Pros

Easy to navigate thru the system. Nice job developers.

Cons

Nothing has frustrated me yet. Nice job developers.

Perfect solution for our needs

Pros

It's very easy to use and administer. The workflow process to move through applications/resumes is very easy to learn and allows you to efficiently screen applicants to find the best candidates. The ability to take notes, email through the system and assign candidates to different jobs/managers are powerful tools as well. The training and support provided by TAM are top-notch.

Cons

We have a very slow satellite internet connection, so while not the fault of TAM, it does take a little while to load screens and make changes. Once we upgrade our internet connection to a higher bandwidth, this problem will disappear. It's simply the nature of using online or cloud-based applications.

Best Decision Ever

Pros

We had been researching ways to finally give applicants an easy method of applying via mobile and our Company website. This truly fit the bill! The ease of implementation, creation, training our managers, and the excellent customer service was amazing. The ability it gives you to track and connect with applicants is one of the best. We are 100% happy with our choice!

Cons

Nothing at this time - as of now, we have had no issues or "dislikes"

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.