TINYpulse Reviews

TINYpulse

Employee feedback collection & company culture creation

4.71/5 (34 reviews)

Pros
  • This software is fun and a great way to give feedback, both good and constructive. Sometimes I'm not sure if my feedback was submitted anonymously, so that makes me nervous.Corrine G.Read the full review
  • I like that I can anonymously provide feedback to my employer, while also being able to send "Cheers for Peers!" to congratulate people who have done a good job.Corrine G.Read the full review
  • TINYpulse helps not only helps management get great feedback, but also allows management to show employees how their feedback is helping to shape the company.Spencer E.Read the full review
Cons
  • Again, becuase we are a small team, it leaves people wondering "who left such a crappy score? who is unhappy?" - which can be a challenge to manage.Kaz Z.Read the full review
  • Some of the questions are quite frankly awful: "if your company was an animal what would it be.David G.Read the full review
  • Recent changes to their interface are hard to navigate and they've added a lot of features that they're forcing you to use. It can be more complex than it needs to be.Mollie A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Great tool, but be prepared to put in what you want to get out

Reviewed 2018-04-14

Pros
TinyPulse has been great for a number of things, but my favorite is the "cheers for peers" function. Our team has remote workers and it's been a great way to feel connected to them. TinyPulse has also been a great tool for collecting feedback beyond the basics of how staff feel about their jobs -- we've enjoyed using custom questions. The data visualization of the results are great, too, and easy to share out.

Cons
The user interface can be confusing, especially as an admin. Staff haven't always believed it's truly anonymous, too, so we've had to do some convincing.

Chris Fletcher

We use TINYpulse on a weekly basis to drive employee engagement and make sure all are heard.

Reviewed 2018-01-17

TINYpulse will send out a random question to all employees each week and encourage responses. All responses and anonymous and are sent to the administrator (my boss) for review. We all like it because we can be 100% honest in our feedback and know that we are being heard. About once a month we will all gather to resolve any outstanding issues among the group.

Pros

Cons
I wish there was some kind of incentive to get employees to respond more. Sometimes we can go a couple weeks with only 2-3 responses out of a 25+ group, which is somewhat disappointing.

Beatriz Datangel

Great engagement tool

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-04

Pros
* Great webhooks via Slack * The suggestions and pulses were great ways to check in without "filing a ticket" or "tapping BizOps/HR on the shoulder" ** More actionable than 7geese!

Cons
As a user, does not seem to be help incorporate all of my other operations needs: OKRs, goals, Not the best for small teams (under 35 employees) as the anonymity doesn't last long.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Whitney Blair

Awesome Platform

Reviewed 2020-05-19

My overall experience is positive. I've had no issues whatsoever.

Pros
This platform helps engage employees company wide. It's easy to use and navigate. Employees can feel at ease if they wish for their opinions to be communicated anonymously.

Cons
Nothing currently comes to mind. The system is self explanatory and easy to use. The dashboard is clean.

David Garwood

Some good features, but some of the questions it asks are dreadful!

Reviewed 2018-11-24

A great concept, well implemented. Iron out the non-professional questions and you have a great product!

Pros
It's a great way to get the lowdown from your staff about how they are feeling at work. The monthly question of how happy are you at work is good to get an overview. Having "Cheers for Peers" is a great way to get your staff thanking each other and improving morale.

Cons
Some of the questions are quite frankly awful: "if your company was an animal what would it be?". Really guys? I know you're trying to be lighthearted, but these sort of question add no value. Keep it useful!

Response from TINYpulse

Thanks for the review, David!

We've got some new questions coming next year with our new engagement framework! In the meantime, you can always skip questions that aren't a good fit - or remove them from your queue entirely.

Read more here:

-Tyler Adams
PR Specialist, TINYpulse
tyler.adams@tinypulse.com

Erin Villa

TinyPulse for the Win

Reviewed 2019-11-21

This changed the culture of our business by helping our managers learn to respond to employee complaints with an open heart.

Pros
I loved how it gives an anonymity option. This makes employees comfortable when expressing displeasures with the company. I also loved that you got a "choice" when choosing a gift card.

Cons
If you lost your gift card or deleted it in an email, it was tough to retrieve it again.

Corrine Grant

Fun Software

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-24

Pros

Cons
Sometimes I can't find people I'm looking for to send "Cheers for Peers!" to by email address or name, so then I don't use the software as much as I'd like because I get frustrated.

Response from TINYpulse

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We want Cheers for Peers to be a snap to use, and we're sorry to read you're not finding the folks you want to recognize!

I've sent this review to our product team - if you're available to speak to them, please get in touch (this message should include my email address).

Edit: Also, all responses to survey questions are anonymous. We're completely committed to anonymity. Apologies for not including that in my first response!

Tyler Adams
Communications Specialist, TINYpulse

Michael Jacobson

A great system for coaching and feedback!

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Pros
TinyPulse makes it easy to create, monitor, and track progress on team members' individual goals. It also is a great platform for employees to share ideas, give each other feedback, or send compliments ("cheers") to anyone who really stepped up.

Cons
It used to not have customizable feedback solicitation, but does now, so you can create the questions you want and send to anyone to provide feedback, even anonymously.

Jeff Hebrink

Great way to voice opinion

Reviewed 2019-12-12

I really like the idea of the software. It has made the company implement some changes already based on feedback.

Pros
I like that it allows me to voice my feedback to the company anonymously. I also love that it reminds me to answer the question of I haven't yet done it for the week.

Cons
I don't like that sometimes it doesn't allow me to "submit" my answer. I have to then start over and answer again.

stephen Griffiths

Excellent service and great for any company wishing to begin engagement surveys

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Excellent, the level of service and professionalism was great

Pros
I fund the level of service t be excellent and we have referred the platform to many of our clients because of this.

Cons
The functionality is somewhat limited but that said, it is more than adequate for any organisation that wishes to begin measuring engagement

Mollie Alred

TinyPulse is valuable tool for our management team to understand what is going on with the team.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Metrics about the team's happiness, metrics on specific survey questions, survey responses and feedback from employees, the opportunity for the team to "Cheers" each other.

Pros
We love the option to send "Cheers" or compliments to each other and the semi-monthly sruvey questions provide a ton of valuable information.

Jenn Holstine

Great Tool for Employee Feedback

Reviewed 2017-04-14

My company has been using TinyPulse for the last year or so. It has been a great tool for sharing feedback to our management team and has provided lots of opportunities for discussion over issues in our weekly staff meetings where we share all of the responses submitted to TinyPulse. I feel that the questions asked are very thoughtful and have often provided feedback that has benefited the culture in our office.

Pros
The ability to respond anonymously to questions. The ease of sharing results. Seeing comparisons between our company and the industry standard. Being able to send "Cheers" to co-workers.

Cons
I wish that the shareable links to the responses would expire after a week so that the responses wouldn't not remain accessible forever.

Anonymous

Extremely valuable to check in with how staff are doing

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Pros
Tinypulse is a powerful way to connect with staff to learn how they are doing. We use it to ask very serious questions as well as more fun questions. We share the data with staff to create transparency, which has had a huge impact on morale. It is 100% anonymous so staff are much more honest than they would typically be.

Cons
It isn't as interactive as we'd like it to be, especially with the Cheers feature - it could do more to help create community among staff.

Suzanne Davis

Great Customer Insights

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Our experience has improved with TINYpulse each year. I feel like I have a partner in employee engagement with them.

Pros
My customer support person spends the time with me to know my company, our needs and what we'd like to get out of TINYpulse.

Cons
I'd like to be able to customize some of the features in TINYgiftcard and I'd like to see a some additional features added to help me pick weekly pulses.

Spencer Ericson

Simple Data that leads to Great Results

Reviewed 2018-09-04

We used this tool to help us get data about how our employees felt about our company and about their experience working at our company. The data we received was amazing. We could truly get a pulse for each department.

Pros
TINYpulse is so easy for employees to use. Giving feedback can at times seem time consuming and overwhelming. TINYpulse makes sharing your opinion easy and fun. Because it's easy to give feedback management receives great insights into how employees feel about the company. TINYpulse helps not only helps management get great feedback, but also allows management to show employees how their feedback is helping to shape the company.

Cons
Customer support was often hard to reach. Some of our employees complained that they felt like their feedback wasn't always confidential.

Answering questions for work

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Pros
It is easy to respond to a TinyPulse questionnaire.

Cons
It doesn't really show the right responses. If you make a word cloud, sometimes the words "the" or "it" will show up in the middle rather than actual pressing words. It is important to weed out the filler words when looking at important trends in responses, which TinyPulse doesn't do.

Kaz Zvanitajs

I administer the pulse for our company

Reviewed 2016-01-12

Easy to use, love the blogs and based on the little bit I have used customer support, very helpful and responsive. My challenge is getting more members of our small team using Tinypulse. We are a small group, and some weeks there is little participation. Love the Cheers feature, a great way to publicly recognize our team members. Would love the option of being able to engage someone who doesn't leave a comment but leaves a poor score (ie: they rate their happiness at work low, but don't leave a comment, so I am unable to start a conversation with them). Again, becuase we are a small team, it leaves people wondering "who left such a crappy score? who is unhappy?" - which can be a challenge to manage.

Dusti Kempf

Good for Employee Engagement

Reviewed 2018-12-29

Pros
I love how modern this software is. My company used this to get feedback from it's employees and find out what is important to us. I also love that it has the cheers for peers option that allows you to give props and recognition to a co-worker. They layout is very clean and user friendly.

Cons
I think sending out a question each week can be too frequent. From the employee perspective, it got annoying, but it's a great idea to do monthly or quarterly.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

CJ Archer

Critical Employee Feedback, Simplified

Reviewed 2016-01-12

It's more important than ever to be listening to our employees and TINYpulse has made it extremely simple. The admin console aggregates statistics and feedback for quick review, allows sharing with other management teams and best of all is anonymous for the employees. We've had a fantastic team response to using TINYpulse and other departments of the company are now looking to roll it out as well. This is end-to-end simplicity.

Jim Kabel

A Critical Business Tool

Reviewed 2016-01-17

Overall, TinyPulse is an exceptional tool providing a great additional way to keep in touch with our team and on the pulse of their happiness. It also provides a way for us to ask specific, custom questions that are important to capture in a private, non-threatening way. I would like to see it integrated with other HR Tools that would enable us to effectively and continually measure feedback on the team.

Tinypulse Big Results!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-09-17

Trying to get anonymous real time feedback from the pulse of our department. We've had to assure people it is anonymous to combat fear of leaving the true feelings but since have communicated that.

Pros
It's a simple tool to use. Very intuitive and fun. Great way to get anonymous feedback. We strategically use it to course correct and get a vote and what people truly like.

Cons
No complaints so far. Great reporting and user interface. Accomplishes what I need.

Ian CARTWRIGHT

Great concept. Let down by onboarding despite Jeff Dome being excellent

Reviewed 2016-01-12

The onboarding literature is poor. Not detailed enough and not visually simple and clear. A concise video highlighting benefits and ease for the end user rather than your catch all one on the homepage selling product is needed to help explain and encourage use of tiny pulse. Also much clearer timeline of what happens when and to whom before that first email

Michael Visentine

Super great

Reviewed 2016-01-13

In the few months we have used TINYpulse, our experience has been outstanding. The support has been timely and helpful. The service is easy to use, simple and beneficial as we grow our company. I love this product and highly recommend it.

Trisha Brady

Fabulous

Reviewed 2016-01-12

My company has only been using it for about 4 weeks but we LOVE IT! It is easy to use and our employees are engaged in the process. Getting leaders engaged was a bit harder but they are coming around. Great product!

jesper hogstrom

Really simple to use both from a user and manager perspective.

Reviewed 2016-01-12

I've had a lot of fun using tinypulse. Teams love the feedback loop, to learn about what other think and cheer. As a manager it helps me prioritize activities to get maximum happiness effect.