Zenefits Reviews

4.12/5 (503 reviews)

Shae Jackson

Seamless low-cost solution for small to mid-sized companies that kills busy work

Reviewed 2018-12-03
Review Source: Software Advice

-Paperless onboarding/offboarding to support a remote workforce -Integrations with existing ATS, removing the needs for duplicate data entry -Digital document storage, allowing us to digitize all employee files. No more paper! -Time off tracking: Automatic rating to managers for review and approval of all time off requests while keeping the HR team aware of team schedules. Transparent reporting to have conversations with employees regarding the time off trends (% of unplanned versus planned time off). Time off solution also supports Prop 206 mandated sick leave. -Health insurance platform that allows for the execution of open enrollment, qualifying life events and new hire enrollments for all lines of coverage (med, dent, vision, life and disability). HSA app built in to allow employees to review available balances and submit out of pocket expenses. -ACA compliance: Built into existing subscription model that allows for ACA reporting, submission to IRS and 1094/1095 creation without the need for an accountant or an expensive solution. -Business intelligence: Real-time standard and customized reporting. I use this solution heavily as a federal contractor to execute our annual affirmative action reporting.With a solution like Zenefits, I have managed to reduce the HR budget year-over-year while going 100% paperless. The integration with our applicant tracking system allows me to push data seamlessly from my mobile device directly to Zenefits to extend an offer, wherever, whenever. I am no longer chained to the constraints of my desk, which is critical for an HR team of one. Easily the most comprehensive solution in the market (at this price point) that addresses onboarding/offboarding, automated and customized email triggers to employees, time and attendance, insurance, aca compliance, reporting (standard and custom) and a multitude of integrations. Since becoming a client over 2 years ago, I have gone to market year-over-year, and haven't found a solution that is comparable. Zenefits kills the busy work and allows me to dedicate time to our employees and driving meaningful initiatives, restructuring the experience with HR to being a partnership versus an administrative burden.

Mike margol

Feature-Packed HR Platform

Reviewed 2018-05-21

At our small company, we use Zenefits for basic HR administration like onboarding and enrolling employees in health benefits. It has saved us a lot of time over the past couple of years, particularly with the elimination of paper forms and the fact that it communicates with our healthcare provider. There are a lot of features on the platform and more seem to pop up every few weeks. The recent redesign has also made things a little easier for both administrators and employees. Our staff members also like the Time Off functionality in the system, whereby they can submit vacation or work-from-home requests and managers can then easily approve them directly from an email notification. Recently, the activation of the ClubZen area has given us a chance to interact with other Zenefits customers and provide direct feedback to the Zenefits team, which is an interesting idea and one that gives us a sense of belonging to the community at large. Monetarily speaking, we also think that the system is a great value for the price, even if we don't necessarily use every single feature available to us with our subscription.

Lauren Stickels

Zenefits Review - French Broad Chocolates

Reviewed 2017-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

It would be great if there were a way to require that employees enter bank account information and disable the paper check option all together. I believe this is legal in North Carolina, where we are located, as long as the employee receives a pay stub. It would also be amazing if there were a built in team communication portal. We currently use GSuite to build Groups which can encompass non-Gmail email addresses, as well as HotSchedules. It is a bit difficult to always be adding folks' emails to so many different systems. If Zenefits could track employee reviews based on their position/wage changes, that would also be amazing! That's all for now.The aesthetic of the site is nice. The overall idea of employee/administrator shared duties is nice. The onboarding process is almost as efficient as I think it could be and the insurance function works pretty well with some exceptions. The multiple integrations with other software are also vast and offer many options for integration.

Teresa Beeton

Zenefits has been great for our company!

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Zenefits has been a great way for a small business, like us, to ease into technology. It has really great and helpful tools, the cost is far less than alternative options, and their customer support is usually excellent. It has helped cut down benefits paperwork tremendously, kept us ACA compliant, streamlined our hiring process, and we were able to customize other areas (such as documents) to help us track policies & trainings. We're still finding ways to be able to customize it to work for our company. So with all of the options we use and new ways we are able to customize it, the cost continues to go down once it's all factored into the equation.

Venugopal Sivan

With the introduction of Zenefits!! Get most of your HR Problems Released!!!!

Reviewed 2018-08-20

In today’s life, a very big problem that big companies are facing is that HR is not manageable. I have seen a lot of companies that are facing this problem extremely. So, to overcome these barriers and make the flow smooth a brilliant software had been launched named: ZENEFITS!! It provides a platform that can be easily understood and can be used by an ordinary person. Great Na!! It also stores time and attendance of its users and supports Integration. One great thing is also that it provides a completely automated and electronic employees on-boarding services. It integrates all the functions of HR management under one roof only. This one is Awesome Guys!! It also supports reporting and filing data of ACA as well as it also supports customer service.

Diana Preston

I have used many HRIS products in my career - I love the simplicity and sophistication of Zenefits!

Reviewed 2018-04-11

There is so much to love - ease of configuration, plug and play functionality, instantaneous user access, complete control of documents, transparency to users, intuitive and consistent interfaces - the back-end touches that make this system so simple to use. New hires consistently comment on the simplicity of their onboarding and the professional appearance of the documents and emails they receive through Zenefits. I also appreciate that COBRA and other compliance requirements are seamlessly handled for me. I can be an HR department of one with Zenefits as my HR Coordinator. As a small nonprofit, we look for value and long-term investment in everything we buy - this has been one of the best and most effective purchases we have made.

Love hate relationship

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Listen, I'd still recommend them. I use the app almost daily, I log on at least a few times a week. It's a necessary tool in our belt and I'd be sad to lose them.Ok, so it's great that Zenefits centralizes all of your HR needs into one system. It's certainly easier than logging into individual insurance sites. I like that the app loads quickly and can quickly give me info on my commuter benefits balance or show me my insurance info. It's also very easy to log personal days. And it's nice seeing the structure of the company within the website -- it's great for transparency.

Robyn Whittingham

Zenefits was the first HRIS system my small company used (100 employee)

Reviewed 2018-01-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Worth taking a look at. User friendly for both HR and employees (self-serve) --easy and intuitive to use. Incredibly easy to create customized reports off using almost any data point(s). Smooth automated benefits enrollment process. Responsive customer service and great online help tools. System doesn't go down and is fast enough to keep up with our needs.

Betsy Cohen

Zenefits is a great piece of software making tremendous improvements all the time.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

The ease of use for both employee and administrator is fantastic. New hires report an extremely pleasant onboarding experience through the platform. The automation is great and most things work extremely well. When they don't, my account manager is incredibly responsive and helpful. I absolutely love that the product team has taken several of my suggestions for improved functionality and implemented them.

Michael Griffin

Zenefits is my go-to for all things related to HR. User friendly for both adm and end-user.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

As mentioned in the review...Zenefits was a lifesaver for our growing firm. Our firm was initially looking for a way to better manager PTO requests, but as we learned more about the product offerings, we took full advantage of making Zenefits the cornerstone of our HR infrastructure. Besides PTO tracking, the most useful/time saving features are onboarding new employees and open enrollment. With the functionality Zenefits provides, these previously time consuming and scattered tasks have become easy, accurate, and seamless. Having Zenefits available as a tool has enabled our Firm to offer employees a fully transparent HR tool that can assist them in managing their HR needs.

Anonymous

A Must-have for small businesses with employees. Gone are the days of Spreadsheets and file cabinets

Reviewed 2018-04-17

As a small business with only a few employees, it REALLY helps with getting our HR stuff together. So first off, we use zenefits on a daily basis for just about all of our HR functions. The support is great for when we've run into the very rare bug, and sales is always quick to get back to me. They regularly release new features and improve existing ones. They are also VERY receptive to user feedback and idea suggestions.

Sandy Preto

Excellent user interface for the admin and employees alike.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

An easy to use interface and a tool that allows our employees to electronically and seamlessly on-board. I enjoy that the tool automatically reminds the end-users to complete tasks and keeps track of everything in one useful tool. I would like to see it become an intranet for employees to access company specific templates, content and tools.What I like most about Zenefits is that it allows our employee on-boarding process to be completely automated and electronic. I love it!

Sandy Hopwood

Easy to Learn

Reviewed 2018-10-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Zenefits is a great value for the money, and when it comes to negotiating prices they truly want to ensure their customer is happy. I've been really happy with the system and am glad to see they are enhancing things like their Benefits and Rehire features. It's a good thing!Zenefits takes next to no time to learn--it's extremely intuitive and takes a lot of the guesswork out of communicating new processes to employees. I like how you can easily customize fields to get the data you want for each person, and how simple it is to update time off balances and requests for employees. It didn't take me long to get up and running with this system which was huge--our company is growing too fast for me to need 6 months to learn the HRIS. Also, benefit enrollment is stupidly easy for employees, I get barely any questions.

Anonymous

Simple to use for admins & employees love it!

Reviewed 2017-06-16

As Zenefits users for the past three years, we've loved how easy the solution is for onboarding new employees. Employees have made comments like "I knew the company really 'got it' when the onboarding was so simple. It also nice to manage everything in one platform - payroll, benefits, onboarding, business intelligence, etc. Without Zenefits we would likely need an additional employee just to do paperwork. Zenefits has always been responsive to our needs as an organization and our customer success manager has been extremely helpful.

Kim Prine

Zenefits has greatly streamlined our onboarding process for new hires.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

I have used Capterra in my research to find different software products and have found it to be very helpful.I like that all documents for employees can be found in one place. New hire documents, performance reviews and disciplinary actions can be accessed quickly. We also are able to keep copies of our policy manuals and employee handbooks on Zenefits for easy access by our employees.

Lisa Mild

Just what we needed for a complete HR solution

Reviewed 2018-04-16

I like the fully integrated HR solution Zenefits provides from onboarding to time off, time and attendance, and payroll. As our company has grown, so have our needs, and Zenefit's offerings have been just what we needed each step of the way. Payroll is so simple and quick.

Anonymous

Overall I think the HRIS is a wonderful product. I do wish that benefit forms were easier to find

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Enrollment is simple, I like having one place for Associates to have most all their information, like their personal profile with contact information. We are remote company and have associates all over the nation. I think having paid time off in Zenefits is such a pro. It's very easy for me to see who has time off coming up for scheduling. It's nice housing our life insurance information as part of our offerings as well.

Anonymous

I am a huge fan of Zenefits. Their software is easy to use and makes HR management easy.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Increased efficiency and makes HR management easy--no paperwork and everything is managed electronically. I'm a huge fan.Before I joined MAX, I did not know software like Zenefits existed. This software is intuitive, easy to use and makes employee onboarding, separation and benefits management easy to do. It completely eliminates the mounds of paper that I used to accumulate for new hires and employees. In fact, I liked it so much that I recommended it to my former employer and they are now using it as well. I also had an incredible Benefits Advisor who always seems to have an ability to answer my crazy questions with efficiency and extreme patience.

Katie Stark

HR automated

Reviewed 2016-06-20

We started using it from the beginning of forming our company (over two years ago) and have been really pleased with the amount of features and support that Zenefits has provided. With any new company, there are usually some hiccups, but, they are always quick to fix problems and always available. We initially started out by using it as a platform before using them as our broker and haven't looked back since. We have two offices in California and Arizona and it has been really easy to onboard new employees remotely. Speed of onboarding, new features, seamless integration to QuickBooks for payroll, price, automation of most things HR.

Liz Eckstein

Zenefits has made a huge positive impact on the efficiency and quality of our HR processes.

Reviewed 2018-04-13

The ability to easily and accurately manage onboarding, offboarding, payroll, benefits. I love the ease of use for both administrators and staff as well as having all HR information in one place. The Help and online FAQs are extensive and extremely helpful as is the help desk and response time. Payroll is a breeze, open enrollment for benefits is smooth and the Time Off module is wonderful.

Anil Jose

Eases the HR flow management by enabling the on boarding process, payroll, and management of employee reports.

Reviewed 2018-07-07

Helps reduce the time consumption by eliminating paper forms. In the case of requests, like for leave or for work-related, the officials get email notifications which they can instantly check and respond. There is this ClubZen area where you can interact with the other users of the application and provide feedback to the firm. You will find quite a lot of Third party integrations. The graphical user interface is clean and easy to use for both customers and the employees. It is highly customizable. You can even hire candidates, have a background check and send them to offer letters. You can check the employee’s check in and check out times.

Amy D.

Streamlined HR administration allows professionals to focus on strategic work

Reviewed 2018-02-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Zenefits helps small businesses run their HR functions similar to what a big business would do with lots of resources. It is easy to do paperwork online like: I9s, ACA filings, W-2s, COBRA administration, new hire paperwork, etc. The tool also helps companies track time and attendance, time off, and offer a full suite of benefits to employees. I regularly tell others that we would need at least 1-2 additional employees to manage all the things that Zenefits does for us.

Anna DeLellis

Zenefits is an all in one HR management system

Reviewed 2018-07-25

The software takes a lot of work off of HR staff. If you use it to its full advantage, it can do the majority of payroll, insurance and benefit selections, open enrollment, hiring and termination, and employee contact information all for you.Zenefits allows me to easily hire, terminate, and track all employees safely and securely. It is user friendly and allows the employee to manage all of their personal information and benefits as well as benefit selections with ease.

Jenna Mullikin

Zenefits provides major benefits!

Reviewed 2018-04-11

Zenefits has provided a seamless onboarding regime! From integration with our Applicant tracking system, to signatures on employee documents, all the way through to benefit selection and benefit administration. Since Zenefits has partnered with Onedigital, Benefit admin has been wonderful with a personal benefit advocate for the company who constantly stays in touch and is extremely responsive.

Doug Logan

Awesome Software - Absolutely Awful Support

Reviewed 2017-10-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Gusto is by far the best payroll, and even if you go with Zenefits I suggest you use them for payroll. Do not let Zenefits convince you to switch over. Pretty much only their sales people are responsive/friendly and as soon as you pay, they disappear. If you are big enough to go with Workday, go with them (IIRC they require 12 employees). BambooHR has a decent option, but watch for the hidden fees. They're not really upfront on all the costs, and their stuff is complicated enough they require you to go through training to use it. I am REALLY hopeful that new management at Zenefits will finally clean things up, or Gusto will enter the full market of Zenefits and put them out of business. Gusto support is awesome, just don't leave Gusto in the middle of the year. They have a policy that you can't come back in the same year.For a small business there is not anyone cheaper than Zenefits and they have much greater integration and overall HR flow management than pretty much anyone I could find. When everything works, Zenefits is a beautiful thing.