Ovatu Manager Reviews

4.83/5 (114 reviews)

Anna Sanders

Ovatu's stellar customer service is the cherry on top of a wonderful online scheduling program.

Reviewed 2018-01-06

Pros
Love, love, LOVE Ovatu's customer service! I've received responses back as quickly as within a few minutes, but always within a day, even given our 14 hour time zone difference. I was born before personal computers existed (!), and I don't find these programs intuitive, but cust support rep and his crew have been nothing but welcoming and patient with each of my many questions. They are also very open to requests for improvements, and have made small program tweaks for me right away on a couple of occasions. Once I got the scheduler integrated into my website, I rarely need to interact with my clients before they come in for their appointments! I've had more than a few clients mention that they selected my business precisely because they COULD schedule online, without any phone tag delays. Clients really appreciate the email and text message appointment reminders, too (and I appreciate the lack of no-shows), and I love the automatic birthday reminder and review solicitation email follow-ups. The pricing is very affordable and, for everything that is included, is a bargain. I cannot recommend Ovatu enough. I am an extremely satisfied and very happy customer!

Cons
If I knew more about computers/coding, I think there are more features I could take advantage of. It took me a while to understand that there are some things that can't be done on the app and need to be done on the pc, although this is gradually changing. I'll sometimes see verbage on a form that doesn't make any sense to the layperson in me, but if I send in an inquiry to Customer Service, I get a clear answer.

Serina Vassar

Ovatu is the reason my company functions so easily in a paperless system! I absolutely love Ovatu!

Reviewed 2017-08-30

Ovatu literally allows me to run my company. It is an affordable price for a small business like my own and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Even though there are a few little tweaks I'd like to see in the future, they are small when compared to all of the benefits I receive from the product in general. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and run my own company solo. Many NTP students are working to get their private practices off the ground and I always, always recommend using Ovatu for their schedule and invoicing needs. It's great! I had spent months searching for a program like this and when I found Ovatu, I never looked back! Thanks for a great program!!

Pros
I absolutely love how all of my most used items are contained in one place! Extremely flexible schedule, invoicing, appointment reminders, client reviews, online scheduling - it's fantastic. I spent so much less time going back-and-forth for scheduling with most of my clients because they can very easily add themselves to my schedule through my website. I can open up the Ovatu app on my smart phone and easily check my schedule for updates. Fantastic! I recommend Ovatu to everyone and couldn't be happier with customer service as they are always polite and prompt returning my questions.

Cons
There are only 2 areas in which I think Ovatu could be tweaked: 1) adding in some way to track a few more types of expenses to reflect on the bottom line for revenue (items such as rent, insurance, payroll cost, etc. which is a little bit more of a job for accounting software) to give a more accurate overall picture in the Reports section. 2) An improved note-taking system to allow for a little bit more flexibility. I'd love to have a way to store private SOAP notes after each consultation that can include PDF attachments or diagrams, and, at the same time, another section of semi-public notes (between me and that particular client only - through their log-in) that clients can log-in and see through the mini-site which would contain recommendations for them to complete between appointments.

Suzanne Tapper

A great addition to my business. Has freed up my time significantly. Best of all my patients love it

Reviewed 2017-08-05

Pros
Ease of client use. Significant reduction in time spent on the phone. Integration with payment system prevents no shows. Continual development and improvement of the software. Tech support is fantastic. Adaptable

Cons
Invoicing and receipts: It would be great if the send invoice or receipt option on the app included the full business header complete with tax numbers etc. At the moment, in order for the receipts or invoices to have enough information on them for taxation purposes, I have to login to my account on my computer, find the customer, select the appointment individually, open full sale, select print, select view full sale, select open pdf in my Preview application and then email each sale individually from Preview. Many of my patients request receipts at the end of a course of treatment so they can claim from their insurers. At the moment I can only send them individual receipts, which means I may have to send up to 10 emails per person if they had 10 treatments. It's time consuming and can't be done during clinic time. It would be great to be able to send one email for a date range that has all their payments, itemisation of sales and all my business header and tax info. It would be great to be able to get more specific Waitlist info from patients i.e specific dates and times e.g Jo Bloggs waitlists for Tues morning, Wed after 5pm, Thursday 1-3pm

Melanie Shadday

I refer all my coworkers to ovatu! It makes life easier & gives me peace of mind.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Organization, peace of mind, back up storage

Pros
Having the option to send reminder texts/emails to clients is such a life-saver ! If I had to spend all my time after work texting & reminding people I would be exhausted. It is so nice knowing that a personalized reminder is always sent on time to them so that I don't have to! I also love the feature to save their formulas or pictures of my client's hair. The re-book feature is also great! No more counting weeks on a calendar, just hit 6 weeks and it tells you to the day where that is. I also love that everything is BACKED up! I had a phone crash on me years ago with all of my client's formulas and info on it, that was awful, never again!

Cons
A few things I've noticed that could be tweaked are, on the app it doesn't say the month in the header and when rebooking or looking ahead for an appointment it would be nice to know right away which month it is. Also, not sure if this is available & maybe I haven't utilized it yet but it would nice to have a report of which clients haven't made an appointment in (insert time requirement i.e. 12 weeks) and be able to send specifically those clients a personalized "we miss you, here's %10 off" message. Something along those lines.

Leanna Bullins

Ovatu makes my business better

Reviewed 2019-06-06

I would think some of the benefits that I have received from having Ovatu, is just a breakdown of everything you do how many you do how much you’ve done how much you’ve made, and your time and exactly how much time you have left exactly how much time you have in between people,

Pros
I love the fact that I can login from anywhere no matter if I lose my phone my tablet my computer crashes etc., I can login from anywhere in the world or any device and check my appointments no matter what they cannot be lost. I love the fact that I can put in my prices I love the fact that it’s color-coded, and it will give me a detailed description and how much I’m making that week how much I have made in the past breakdown every single category and how many I’ve done and how many I have made doing that from years ago. I’ve had this for many many years and I am still a huge fan,it’s very affordable also.

Cons
I think the only con would be that it takes just a little bit more time than you normally would to make an appointment but the rewards in the end or so so worth it.

rachael Daigle

Love working with ovatu

Reviewed 2019-05-17

My overall all experience is great I could not run my business without this product.

Pros
Working with Ovatu has made my job so much easier. I have multiple employees some renters some commission this makes it easy to see what employee I need to keep track of. Keeping track of daily money and product sales is very easy and helps me with taxes and book keeping. My clients love the online booking option and use it all the time. I travel for large parties and can take the program with me any where. Being able to see schedules right from my phone lets me see my books are full and money is coming in when I’m not in the shop. The price is amazing other booking products cost hundreds of dollars. Every time we need to add an employee the process is very quick and easy for them to learn. I’m so glad I found Ovatu.

Cons
I would like to be able to print receipts

Tom Zappala

Far and away the best booking software for a hairdresser and their clients,

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Ovatu has provided the means for my independent small business to flourish above and beyond expectations.

Pros
The best thing about Ovatu is that clients actually use it. They speak of how easy , simple, and straightforward it is to engage with. These are individuals aged 17 to 71 from all different technological eras. This says something about the design and implementation. The biggest compliment to it's interface is that throughout the booking process, a client doesn't have to leave the experience to verify their email (and then re-log in). They see a booking, enter their details, and they are done. Customer support has always been stellar. High marks all around.

Cons
Would like to have certain elements (specifically on screen instructions during the booking process) be personalised. Would like to see the review system was better integrated with Google review guidelines.

Richard Hall

Great experience from beginning until now, easy set up and transfer over, great training and support

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
The online booking is a great feature and ever growing area of our business. Very customer friendly and integrates well in the system. It's more simpler than other systems to use, streamlined to suit rather than having features that aren't really relevant or will increase bottom line value. Having sms reminder cost built into the pricing structure reveals more of what the actual costs of using are rather than having continual add on cost to the service. Reports again are streamlined as to what is relevant but able to be adapted to in more depth accounting and business summary. The new quick sale and re-book feature works well

Cons
The appointment diary view is a bit small on my browser view but is better on a larger screen so not really a problem. Booking and changing breaks in the appointment diary is a bit of a faf admittedly but just probably more so because of changing from another system which in this area was easier but did not include so many of the better features of Ovatu. Bar-code scanning with a bar-code scanner would be better for me from using in a browser but realise many use the apple app of which I don't use apple.

Nicki Walker

Ovatu Manager - love it!

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Reduced the number of 'no-shows' due to the reminders going out automatically. Using the birthday reminders I am also able to offer a discount as an incentive to my clients and this reminds those who haven't had a treatment for a while that I'm here. Great to see at a glance all my bookings and with the various colours can see the variety too. Seeing the new reviews appear on my website! So very easy to use - love it!

Pros
I absolutely love how this software as it helps my business to run so smoothly. The reporting features are excellent and it is so easy to use on the desktop and my phone. It's great how it is integrated into my website and my clients have said how easy it is to book a treatment. I love how the reminders are sent out 24 hours beforehand and this has certainly helped with reduce the number of 'no-shows'. I would recommend this software to everyone!

Cons
The only thing that I have had an issue with is the booking a break on my phone (absolutely fine, web-based) but I understand this is being looked at and will be resolved. Hi have a Huawei phone.

Cat Eacott

Streamlined my business! Been a loyal user for 4 year now and could never go back!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
Very user friendly , I picked it up right away, no tricky learning curve. Super easy to customise by adding your services and prices etc and not too time consuming either. Excellent reminder system, sends out reminder email 48hrs before to minimise no shows. Easy to view scheduling I love that the IPhone version can be used offline to take bookings etc then automatically syncs up when it has signal easy to store client information excellent customer service, very quick to reply and have always answered all my questions and solved all my issues within days if not hours,

Cons
annoying that the google compatible version doesn't seem as advanced, wanted to upgrade to the Google pixel phone but the Ovatu app wasn't as good so had to stick to iPhone

Rachel Proffit

Best business decision I've ever made - for two different companies!

Reviewed 2017-08-04

Pros
Fully customizable, easy to add services, tons of automated marketing, and the ability to send SMS messages. My guests rave about the ease of use for online booking integration, and I recommend the platform consistently. My contractors can view their schedules over a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, and have no syncing issues. Well done, Ovatu.

Cons
*So far* inability to integrate with Square. I prefer it to Stripe, which does the job in the intervening period, and I've been advised that Square may be in the works. Also, no customer service phone number / a significant (up to a day or more) delay in getting answers for issues when working through Facebook messenger. Thankfully, help isn't really needed much because it's such a stable, easy platform.

Jack Harrison

Excellent Booking Software For Small Businesses

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Ovatu has been a great tool for my business in managing bookings and providing reminders to customers. Once set up it works really well, but you have to ensure the databases and diaries are well maintained. I tried the product sales pages as well but ended up not using these although I'm sure if set up properly these would be a great resource too. Ovatu also has some clever ways of marketing your services to your customers too and allows you to target specific demographics to optimise your message. The cost compared to other similar systems is fantastic and as mentioned all support and training provided is excellent.

Pros
Easy to use booking facility. Automated reminders reduce number of missed appointments. Integration with website and Facebook page. Ability to send group emails to different customers depending on demographic or tags.

Cons
Bit tricky to set up (although their support is very good if you get stuck). Must be well maintained and kept up to date or can get a bit messy. Card payment system integration could be improved.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Karen Sher

Extremely happy I found this APP for my business

Reviewed 2017-08-14

I am able to run my business on my phone! Even when I bump into a client at the gym, I am able to book their appointment using my phone. Great App. Great product. Thank you!

Pros
Ease of use : Very easy to navigate the app. I love the reporting. Easy to see my profit for the day. I also get a quick response from customer support. My client enjoy receiving their reminders.

Cons
I find it easier booking clients using the app on my phone than on my computer. Too many boxes to click through before I can place the booking. I don't like the way the date is set out that I need to confirm a booking next to each time. Sometime it pushes times out to eg: 2:05pm instead of 2pm. It would be easier to put in a time at the top of the booking instead of scrolling down to find the time. Hope this makes sense!

Samantha Christie

I have been using Ovatu for a few years now and would be lost without it.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Pros
It is extremely easy to set up. Even if you are not good with computers the step by step guides are really easy to follow and the support online and over the phone is amazing!! It makes life so much easier as customers can book their own appointments online rather than messaging back and forward trying to organise a time that suits both of us. Customers are never waiting for me to get back to them as they can see everything they need to online and I can enjoy my days off. Also the new app is brilliant!!

Cons
Only bad thing about it is that it charges for sending texts to customers. If there was a way for it to link up to my own network provider and use my own allowance then it would be perfect.

Claire Rickards

Great software for my busy salon, easy to use & EXCELLENT customer service!!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Makes bookings a breeze and my customers love it!!

Pros
I love the simplicity of uploading, changing, tweaking my salon services. It's pretty self explanatory but, I have used the customer service call line a few times and always rectified my issue with tricky complicated (to me as I'm not tech savvy!) Problems and it's never an issue. My staff can also use the software with ease and my customers regularly tell me what a great addition online booking is with ovatu- life can be hectic but thanks to ovatu you can book with ease 24/7. It takes some of the stress out of running my busy salon

Cons
If you could see your daily revenue on a mobile device- iPhone -then it would be perfect. As I generally chop and change between my iPad where you can see the revenue at the top right of the screen

Kirsty Burgoyne

I was recommended Ovatu on a beauty Facebook Page. It has helped me grow my business significantly

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Streamlined booking & storing of customer details. Trct message confirmations, terms & conditions for booking policy.

Pros
Simple, effective & has saved me money from reduced cancellations & no-shows. I now wake up to multiple bookings each morning. Information is stored securely & helps keep everything streamlined. It syncs well to programs like Mailchimp also. The text reminder & follow up texts & emails are brilliant. These features have taken my business to a more professional level. I'm able to run reports & see where my business is.

Cons
When you click on the customers appointment you can't see their details. You have to manually search

Todd Barlow

Great for a Professional Tattooer! Almost perfect!

Reviewed 2017-08-08

Pros
Saves all the clients info and makes future bookings a snap! It emails appointment reminders to clients! The software is easy to use, and anytime I've ever had a problem or concern, I got an email back from Ovatu within just a few hours

Cons
If I had to pick a Con for this software, there would be two. 1: there aren't enough free text message send outs included in my plan, so I don't use them at all. 2: on the print screen when printing your daily schedule from the iPhone app, the "print" button or link is almost impossible to see. A different font color would fix that. But those are minut.

Julie Lecons

Very pleased with this brilliant system

Reviewed 2018-10-08

I highly recommend Ovatu and all the features it offers for small business.

Pros
I love the booking, invoice & recording of customer payments systems. Ovatu are quick to respond to emails, always giving great step by step instructions. The help function has excellent tutorial videos that are easy to follow, making use of their system easy.

Cons
i am happy with most features that this product offers. Recording the customers bookings requires going into the schedule clicking checkin in and then change of screen into customers invoice to add the sale, I understand the first sale to raise an invoice can be done with create a sale, butt if I wish to add to this invoice I need to go into the sales invoice. This process can be a little clunky.

Balazs Erdodi

An easy to use equipment to organize patients schedule for a gynecology outpatient clinic.

Reviewed 2017-08-18

Pros
User friendly interface, good and useful functions, excellent web area with so many useful functions. This application made my life easier with a 60% reduction in my incoming phone calls. OVATU You is a perfect application as well as I try to force my patients to use it.

Cons
Language support for HUNGARIAN would be a great value as (unfortunately typical in Hungary) nearly half of the patients cannot speak English. Sometimes duplicated booking is available. However I don't know the reason for it. Mass email for a specific day's patients is not available.

Lisa Murray

My business is more successful Due to My personalised booking system, Ovatu

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
I have personalised the app for my Beauty Salon, allowing for all therapists, treatments, time allocation and costs to be added, making business run smoother! Clients all receive automatic appointment booking confirmations, reminders and any changes made to date or time, via email and/or text which saves a lot of manual time. Has made my "no" shows" a thing of the past! Ovstu is really easy to add new data and information as needed, very user friendly! Ovatu is really efficient and does everything I need it to.

Natalie McBurney

I love Ovatu and recommend it to everyone who needs bookings management software.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

This software takes the pain out of running my business, from managing bookings to automated client contact, social media and back-end reporting. It does it all, and for a fraction of the price of the others

Pros
I like that it's easy for me and my clients to use, with the apps available. It's versatile and I can use it on all of my devices. It's easy to incorporate in to my website and the features are being updated all the time.

Cons
I would like to be subscribed to a newsletter outlining new features and how to use them, as nice as it is stumbling upon a new feature

Andrea Connell

Excellent service, I'd recommend to any small business salon owner!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
It's easy to use and it is dependable. Anytime I've ever had a question or needed support, their people have been VERY responsive. Last year at tax time I had spent hours on something that I messed up, and their IT people were able to fix my problem within a couple of hours. I was so incredibly relieved. Shortly after, there was a small change in the software that made it easier to not make the mistake I was making. They truly care about improving the software and want to help you succeed!

Libby Gore

Experience with Ovatu has been overwhelmingly positive. An excellent choice for my small business.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
I like that I can manage all appointment scheduling and products for all aspects of my business. I like that the app is available on my phone as well as iPad. I love the automatic sms confirmations sent to my clients.

Cons
I would like to see a way to integrate my products with my webpage, so that I did not have to manage 2 product systems. I also would like to see Ovatu integrate the Square payment system. It would make the system even better if the web-based version and the app had the same functionalities.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Laurel Silverman

Ovatu works great for me to keep track of where my clients are in their packages and run reports.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

I can keep track of my clients sessions/packages with ease. I no longer need to remind clients of session times or payment due. The ease of running a report for month end, year end or invoicing a particular client.

Pros
Cost. Ease of use. Automated email reminders. Even though the customer service is through email, Dave and his staff have always been very prompt and responsive about taking care of any issues.

Cons
I wish it functioned with a better cc system like PayPal or venmo or customers could set up to pay from their bank as a transfer of funds.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Rachel Gibbs

This is a super program for hairdressers!!

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Pros
easy to use and set up to your needs. well done A++++++ Particularly, for hairdressers I think, when it comes to colour services, being able to set it up so you can automatically have your colour application time and processing time and finishing time all automatic once you have easily set it up Super!!

Cons
That its not linked directly to square. Square is great and easy to use without the monthly fees!! It would be amazing if Ova2u could link up with square to we didn't have to jump out of one program and into another, as all our prices are set up in ova2u it would totally top it off if it was supported by square.

Response from Ovatu

Hi Rachel,
Thanks so much for the amazing review! It means a lot!!
Just to let you know, Ovatu does now offer Square integration, you can find out more about it here: https://ovatu.com/updates/square-integration