Ovatu Logo

World Class Booking Software with a 60 Day Free Trial.

Ovatu Reviews

Suggested alternatives

acuity-scheduling
vagaro
wellnessliving

HELP GUIDE - WOW! now this is a great addition to the Ovatu Manager and set up, its easy to understand and the step by step instructions make it less of a task to take on yourself.
Forms are super helpful especially when they automatically send out. Online booking is great, I love how it integrates into my website seamlessly.
The customer service was super helpful. I wouldn't have been able to customize it to my needs without their useful guidance.
Unable to set up more than 1 set week (I work shifts). No shop option for customers to buy products online.
I don't like the inability to block out a specific day. You can block but it still allows you to book over it.
We have not used the system to its full potential, due to lack of training and information. This makes it difficult to show new staff how to work the system effectively.

LB

Leanna B.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Ovatu makes my business better

I would think some of the benefits that I have received from having Ovatu, is just a breakdown of everything you do how many you do how much you’ve done how much you’ve made, and your time and exactly how much time you have left exactly how much time you have in between people,

Pros

I love the fact that I can login from anywhere no matter if I lose my phone my tablet my computer crashes etc., I can login from anywhere in the world or any device and check my appointments no matter what they cannot be lost. I love the fact that I can put in my prices I love the fact that it’s color-coded, and it will give me a detailed description and how much I’m making that week how much I have made in the past breakdown every single category and how many I’ve done and how many I have made doing that from years ago. I’ve had this for many many years and I am still a huge fan,it’s very affordable also.

Cons

I think the only con would be that it takes just a little bit more time than you normally would to make an appointment but the rewards in the end or so so worth it.

JL

Jimmy L.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Ovatu Gives Me Time To Do Medicine

I recommend it to all my graduating students who go into running their own clinics. The product is great, the customer service is great - it would be silly not to use this program to run your clinic.

Pros

Ovatu is amazing. It makes managing bookings a snap and is very user friendly. With the option for me to book in patients or for patients to use the mini site as well as options of emailing campaigns, sms reminders and even taking payment. It is the only way I would want to run my clinic as it has been the smoothest system I've had the pleasure of using in the last 5 years (at other clinics and my own). It is also worth mentioning that the tech support and customer service are phenomenal. The Ovatu team really cares for their customers and are always on hand to assist with any problem I have had.

Cons

The minisite was a bit of a nightmare to set up (I have zero tech ability) but with the new updated site and also the constant customer support - this soon became one of the best features of Ovatu.

DS

David S.

Brilliant! I'm a voice teacher who has been using Ovatu since June 2012. It has everything I need.

Pros

Customer rep. responds to software issues so promptly. I've never had to wait more than a few hours to get a reply.

DL

Diane L.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Your the best

Absolutely fantastic. I really could not ask for more, they have answered everything I asked and went above and beyond to help me when I just didn’t get something. The site is easy to use once you mastered it. They are friendly, are very professional and I love this software the cost for one member of staff is not bad at all for what you get.

Pros

This software has everything I need and use for me as a self employed user of Ovatu. When I first started a couple of years or so ago I only used parts of the software and I gained my confidence through the staff members to use the software more, I don’t use everything but maybe I will further down the line. The whole setup is just perfect they seem to have thought of everything.

Cons

Nothing is difficult when you know how on this site but I am not technically minded so I had to ask many questions.

rD

rachael D.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Love working with ovatu

My overall all experience is great I could not run my business without this product.

Pros

Working with Ovatu has made my job so much easier. I have multiple employees some renters some commission this makes it easy to see what employee I need to keep track of. Keeping track of daily money and product sales is very easy and helps me with taxes and book keeping. My clients love the online booking option and use it all the time. I travel for large parties and can take the program with me any where. Being able to see schedules right from my phone lets me see my books are full and money is coming in when I’m not in the shop. The price is amazing other booking products cost hundreds of dollars. Every time we need to add an employee the process is very quick and easy for them to learn. I’m so glad I found Ovatu.

Cons

I would like to be able to print receipts

TZ

Tom Z.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Far and away the best booking software for a hairdresser and their clients,

Ovatu has provided the means for my independent small business to flourish above and beyond expectations.

Pros

The best thing about Ovatu is that clients actually use it. They speak of how easy , simple, and straightforward it is to engage with. These are individuals aged 17 to 71 from all different technological eras. This says something about the design and implementation. The biggest compliment to it's interface is that throughout the booking process, a client doesn't have to leave the experience to verify their email (and then re-log in). They see a booking, enter their details, and they are done. Customer support has always been stellar. High marks all around.

Cons

Would like to have certain elements (specifically on screen instructions during the booking process) be personalised. Would like to see the review system was better integrated with Google review guidelines.

RH

Richard H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great experience from beginning until now, easy set up and transfer over, great training and support

Pros

The online booking is a great feature and ever growing area of our business. Very customer friendly and integrates well in the system. It's more simpler than other systems to use, streamlined to suit rather than having features that aren't really relevant or will increase bottom line value. Having sms reminder cost built into the pricing structure reveals more of what the actual costs of using are rather than having continual add on cost to the service. Reports again are streamlined as to what is relevant but able to be adapted to in more depth accounting and business summary. The new quick sale and re-book feature works well

Cons

The appointment diary view is a bit small on my browser view but is better on a larger screen so not really a problem. Booking and changing breaks in the appointment diary is a bit of a faf admittedly but just probably more so because of changing from another system which in this area was easier but did not include so many of the better features of Ovatu. Bar-code scanning with a bar-code scanner would be better for me from using in a browser but realise many use the apple app of which I don't use apple.

CE

Cat E.

Streamlined my business! Been a loyal user for 4 year now and could never go back!

Pros

Very user friendly , I picked it up right away, no tricky learning curve. Super easy to customise by adding your services and prices etc and not too time consuming either. Excellent reminder system, sends out reminder email 48hrs before to minimise no shows. Easy to view scheduling I love that the IPhone version can be used offline to take bookings etc then automatically syncs up when it has signal easy to store client information excellent customer service, very quick to reply and have always answered all my questions and solved all my issues within days if not hours,

Cons

annoying that the google compatible version doesn't seem as advanced, wanted to upgrade to the Google pixel phone but the Ovatu app wasn't as good so had to stick to iPhone

RP

Rachel P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Best business decision I've ever made - for two different companies!

Pros

Fully customizable, easy to add services, tons of automated marketing, and the ability to send SMS messages. My guests rave about the ease of use for online booking integration, and I recommend the platform consistently. My contractors can view their schedules over a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, and have no syncing issues. Well done, Ovatu.

Cons

*So far* inability to integrate with Square. I prefer it to Stripe, which does the job in the intervening period, and I've been advised that Square may be in the works. Also, no customer service phone number / a significant (up to a day or more) delay in getting answers for issues when working through Facebook messenger. Thankfully, help isn't really needed much because it's such a stable, easy platform.

TA

Thashna A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great experience but improvement needed

A work interactive booking system and accounting for business

Pros

Accessibility anytime anywhere Patient appointment reminder messages.

Cons

Can't look at specific lists by the touch of button. No Active Birthday reminder for the practitioner. Keeps deleting the discounts after they have been set. Have to open the appointment to see names as sometimes hidden in 10 minute slots on the mobile app. Can't add pics via mobile app to marketing emails as photos on phone incompatible.

SC

Samantha C.

I have been using Ovatu for a few years now and would be lost without it.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up. Even if you are not good with computers the step by step guides are really easy to follow and the support online and over the phone is amazing!! It makes life so much easier as customers can book their own appointments online rather than messaging back and forward trying to organise a time that suits both of us. Customers are never waiting for me to get back to them as they can see everything they need to online and I can enjoy my days off. Also the new app is brilliant!!

Cons

Only bad thing about it is that it charges for sending texts to customers. If there was a way for it to link up to my own network provider and use my own allowance then it would be perfect.

KB

Kirsty B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness,

I was recommended Ovatu on a beauty Facebook Page. It has helped me grow my business significantly

Streamlined booking & storing of customer details. Trct message confirmations, terms & conditions for booking policy.

Pros

Simple, effective & has saved me money from reduced cancellations & no-shows. I now wake up to multiple bookings each morning. Information is stored securely & helps keep everything streamlined. It syncs well to programs like Mailchimp also. The text reminder & follow up texts & emails are brilliant. These features have taken my business to a more professional level. I'm able to run reports & see where my business is.

Cons

When you click on the customers appointment you can't see their details. You have to manually search

JL

Julie L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Very pleased with this brilliant system

I highly recommend Ovatu and all the features it offers for small business.

Pros

I love the booking, invoice & recording of customer payments systems. Ovatu are quick to respond to emails, always giving great step by step instructions. The help function has excellent tutorial videos that are easy to follow, making use of their system easy.

Cons

i am happy with most features that this product offers. Recording the customers bookings requires going into the schedule clicking checkin in and then change of screen into customers invoice to add the sale, I understand the first sale to raise an invoice can be done with create a sale, butt if I wish to add to this invoice I need to go into the sales invoice. This process can be a little clunky.

BE

Balazs E.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

An easy to use equipment to organize patients schedule for a gynecology outpatient clinic.

Pros

User friendly interface, good and useful functions, excellent web area with so many useful functions. This application made my life easier with a 60% reduction in my incoming phone calls. OVATU You is a perfect application as well as I try to force my patients to use it.

Cons

Language support for HUNGARIAN would be a great value as (unfortunately typical in Hungary) nearly half of the patients cannot speak English. Sometimes duplicated booking is available. However I don't know the reason for it. Mass email for a specific day's patients is not available.

NM

Natalie M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

I love Ovatu and recommend it to everyone who needs bookings management software.

This software takes the pain out of running my business, from managing bookings to automated client contact, social media and back-end reporting. It does it all, and for a fraction of the price of the others

Pros

I like that it's easy for me and my clients to use, with the apps available. It's versatile and I can use it on all of my devices. It's easy to incorporate in to my website and the features are being updated all the time.

Cons

I would like to be subscribed to a newsletter outlining new features and how to use them, as nice as it is stumbling upon a new feature

RG

Rachel G.

This is a super program for hairdressers!!

Pros

easy to use and set up to your needs. well done A++++++ Particularly, for hairdressers I think, when it comes to colour services, being able to set it up so you can automatically have your colour application time and processing time and finishing time all automatic once you have easily set it up Super!!

Cons

That its not linked directly to square. Square is great and easy to use without the monthly fees!! It would be amazing if Ova2u could link up with square to we didn't have to jump out of one program and into another, as all our prices are set up in ova2u it would totally top it off if it was supported by square.

Hi Rachel, Thanks so much for the amazing review! It means a lot!! Just to let you know, Ovatu does now offer Square integration, you can find out more about it here: https://ovatu.com/updates/square-integration :)

NM

Nicole M.

I have been using Ovatu for several years now and I'm always impressed by the ongoing improvements.

Pros

Ovatu is easy to use for both staff and owners. The POS is brilliant but it's the functionality for me as an owner that I love. I can track staff performance, income, stock levels and so much more. Booking reminders are brilliant and so necessary. It has saved my business truck loads of money as it helps reduce those dreaded "no-shows".

Cons

I find occasionally the software can be a little "laggy" at times but this is usually resolved with regular updates.

AM

Anna M.

Ovatu

Pros

I have been with Ovatu for years. I am very impressed with the software and all the features that make running a salon much easier. The Ovatu team goes above and beyond to make the Ovatu experience easy and effective. Any assistance that is needed, not only are they more than happy to help but the speed in which they do this always amazes me. You won’t be disappointed in Ovatu!

Cons

So far Ovatu has addressed all my needs.

SB

Sharon B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Essential for sole trader or small salon

Overall I'm very impressed with Ovatu. I'm new to automated booking, but I've found it an essential part of my businesses processes.

Pros

The software has completely taken me out of the loop for booking appointments, saved me a huge amount of time

Cons

The help guides could cover more troubleshooting, but once I got used to how the system works it got easier.

Andrew R.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Great software and very helpful support staff

Management of clients/appointments/stock inventory system-all at the touch of a button anywhere in the world! It's pretty awesome I must say. In the past, it was lacking some features but it is constantly in development and the features that team have added have now made it awesome-we can do pretty much everything we want on the software.

Pros

Software integration on all popular devices-we can access and edit our appointments/client details at ease anywhere in the world.

Jv

Jackie v.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Overall great experience.

Pros

The reminder SMSs that get sent to the customers. Adding services & customers is very easy. Once I found out "secret" steps on how to use or find some of the functions then my previous frustrations were dissolved. Great support!

Cons

Creating Sales: There are definitely more user-friendly changes that I would suggest to be made. We've had to adapt to make it work for us.

SP

Sallyann P.

Excellent program. Dave you are so helpful and always so quick to respond and help with any problems

Pros

online booking is fantastic. It has changed my business. The mobile and ipad app is fantastic. All my staff can log in and see their roster and bookings which makes life easy for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes the flexibility of the online booking rules in the background is a bit limited. It would be good to be able to set up personalised reporting functionalities.

JM

Joshua M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

My little office manager in my pocket!

Ability to run and manage our appointments every day within the one app

Pros

Keeps me running to schedule and manages a large part of my business, allows us to all synchronise even though we are all in different parts of the city every day.

Cons

Wish there was a more in depth customer reporting function... such as by last appointment, money spent, services used etc.

CC

Charlie C.

Been great watching this app evolve over the years

Pros

The online booking system is the best I've found and takes papal deposits that you choose the amount or % Easy intigration to your website and no need for customers to have their own app!

Cons

You can't scan out professional stock for inventory so I need to use a whole separate system for this, also the reports can be glitchy and off.

OV

Oscar V.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Ovatu is easy to use and easy to learn . It's updates and alway current and innovating.

My whole business runs on this software

Pros

It has everything I need to run a business , from employees to checking a customer out . Invatory and reports

Cons

When looking to rebook , it doesn't show a small preview of the future dates schedule so you can choose to over ride your schedule . I'm very busy so this would help