Gmail Reviews

4.73/5 (353 reviews)

Virginia Brooks

Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best collaborative suite platform for your company and condense your work files, documents, etc. into one storage area that everyone (with permission) can easily access. Here are some of the main reasons we were swayed into using Gmail within our company. Pros Gmail’s free secure webmail platform, offers up to 15 GB of storage for personal use, with the option available to purchase more storage (cloud and Google Drive) on an as needed basis. Gmail’s platform can be customized to a certain extend but generally keeps things clean and simple. Its search features save you from having to manually scroll and read past emails to locate the one you want; you can also set up personalized keyboard shortcuts to speed up the processes as well. You can also organize emails via labels, this feature acts much like a file finder, in which you can create categorized folders to nest specific emails under and easily reference them/easy retrieval. Time is of the essence in the business world, so the option to save emails, pre-written templates, and import contacts directly into the platform is great for accelerating email responses and keeping our clients from losing interest. The definitive feature of G Suite Office Suite is the set of team collaborative tools available to you for sharing/file storage, creating forms (registration, survey, etc.), Excel, Word documents, and PPT with the option to collaborate in real-time. G-Suite also includes video and conference calling, in which you can invite anyone to join by setting up a Google calendar invite.

Ian Mayman

The ultimate in email search and storage

Reviewed 2018-07-24

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y. Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails. Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing! Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox. Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly. Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Nathan Sichilongo

I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one. The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot. The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when I lost connectivity. Also you can compose several emails and minimize them as drafts while you have your inbox in the background and come back to them later if you wish to. Gmail is non intrusive and doesn't display ads like it did years ago. I like the fact that I can log in and view all my emails without any distractions or upgrade popups. Attaching files is simple and straightforward. Also seeing previews of attachments within emails is a neat trick and I use it almost every day. Gmail is a great free email service for anyone who wants to get the best web based email experience out there.

ALEJANDRO BALBÁS PERETTI

GMAIL: The ultimate work tool for any business/working environment

Reviewed 2018-06-25

What makes Gmail a great App is not just the application itself. The connectivity between Gmail and all Google applications makes you feel that there is no need to explore other options because the "Gmail experience" is very complete. The other positive aspect and in my opinion the strongest characteristic is that it is very strange in this days to find a person or company that doesn’t support its IT & Communications on at least some Google App, mainly the Gmail App. The Gmail experience has become a common language all over the world, to use it is just common sense.

Brittney Collier

The best email I've ever had - both personally and professionally!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

I love the fact that having a gmail gives you access to all of Google's other awesome applications like Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar etc. Regarding email specifically, it's great that your emails are automatically divided into categories based on their content (social, promotions, updates, etc.). I also love that you can unsubscribe from an email list with Google instead of having to go to the person's/company's website. The other applications really compliment Gmail and make collaboration much more smooth. When I use my gmail to book a flight or sometimes when I order a package, the day of my flight or delivery day for my package is automatically placed on my calendar. Gmail just keeps getting smarter while other email services can barely do what they say they will.

Thanh T. Nguyen, MBA

Simple and easy to use, free with minimal ads display

Reviewed 2018-05-04

I like how Gmail categorizes emails into three groups: Primary, Social, and Promotions. This simple trick makes navigating very easy. I am more productive as I can quickly discard any social or promotions emails I don't want to see. Of course, Gmail is developed by Google, so integrating other Google features/apps/websites are a breeze. E.g. Calendar, Notes, Tasks (keep in mind you have to click Try the new Gmail in the setting on the far right corner to have this new integrated experience).

Beth Dash

Best email program out there

Reviewed 2018-03-30

I like everything about Gmail. Integration with my phone, easily forwarding emails from other Gmail accounts I've created into my main email account, the ease of use, the generous 15 GB storage space. For a free service, it's spectacular.

Adith Krishna

Most popular email platform and my best choice!

Reviewed 2018-09-15

If you ask people for their personal email address, more than 70% of the people will give you a gmail address. The application is not only best when used in desktop but it integrates with several google chore extensions. I use gmail at work for identifying a person using their in built personal identification which pops up when you hover the mouse over an email address. I use LinkedIn sales navigator plugin and rapportive browser extensions with gmail to find/identify the person behind an email address which works very well. These extensions doesn't work well with any other email service providers.

Anil Jose

A service that can be used to send emails by all types of users.

Reviewed 2018-08-05

You need not have any previous knowledge to work with it since it is simple to use. Even if the page closes automatically without knowledge, the email would be saved as a draft. There isn’t any trouble from advertisements. As it is free, it is appealing to daily users as well as business users. You need not buzz around to attach a file or could attach from Drive. Even if you forget to add the subject for your mail, a pop-up appears to remind you to fill the subject. Whenever you are typing in the Email ID section, a list of Email IDs of your contacts appears, and you have to only choose from them.

Benjamin Buske

Best E-Mail Service around

Reviewed 2018-05-06

Gmail is a great E-Mail service and completely free of charge. It allows filtering, auto responders and does even give an option to fetch emails from other accounts without forwarding. You can send mails from several email address and can easily bundle all your different mail addresses into one account. A nice feature of gmail is also the automation. If you receive a support ticket email, you can reply with a single click, you can confirm or refuse invitations the same way and you can even pay bills. Features allow for unsubscribing from email lists with a single click and much more. The 15GB Space you get for free, is also more than sufficient for most users. I in more than 10 years with Gmail am at about 10% of used space.

Sambath Ramesh

Gmail has made it convenient and simple to handle e-mails!

Reviewed 2018-05-10

The services are free, they seldom crash and emails are delivered at a faster rate ( ten seconds) when compared to other email service providers. They have a user-friendly GUI. It loads all your previous conversations to a single thread, that would be helpful to catch up with the previous messages. Gmail performs malware checks, all the attachments sent to you are further scanned for viruses. The greater degree of machine learning prevents spam messages from popping in your inbox. It incorporates multiple services like file storage, sharing photos, google search, translator, google forms, news, and maps at one place. It also offers various options for prioritizing like snoozing emails or pinning them. If there is any suspicious login, that would be notified making the account more secure.

Ashish Mishra

No one can come close to Gmail

Reviewed 2018-09-16

Gmail is the best free email service available, you can use it to the scheduled meeting and send attachments. Gmail id works with mostly all the google products. You can use google Gmail credential to login into other sites. you can get free 17 GB space to store documents free with gmail. you can create filter to separate out emails. You can mark them to a label and thus categorize it accordingly. Gmail offers functionality of integrating other email address to send and receive emails from the very same app. you can change the theme, there are hundreds of themes available to choose from. It is the best free mail client, and posses all the mandatory features available in any email service.

Jessi Hardy

Can't think of a better email program

Reviewed 2018-05-22

I've used Gmail for years now. Before switching to Gmail years ago, I was using Yahoo email, which wasn't that great, and still isn't. Google's gmail is by far superior. With access to Gmail, using the same login you can access a plethora of Google programs including google photos, google maps, calendar, documents, Youtube, etc. Why use any other email software when you can get the packaged deal with gmail for free.

Gabriel Maxwell

Do other email platforms even exist?

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Gmail is the ultimate business & personal email for organization. It is the best of the best, and if you use the rest of the G-suite, then there's really no other option than this. It integrates seamlessly with the other apps of course, because they're all from the same developer. Its extremely helpful to have one login for everything you need, and I couldn't say enough about how clean, organized and helpful Gmail is for me every single day. I use it for my office job, my freelance work, and my personal life and in every area, it does the job well. If you are still using an archaic form of email, please just make the switch now and save yourself some time!

Sebastian Weier

Google Mail is THE mail-service for making mailing easy

Reviewed 2018-09-07

Google is known for providing a great usability in all their products. As well as in Google Mail: * It is so clear with a minimum of adds * You can label your mails * Great spam-filter * Frequent updates * Nice app for accessing your mails * No costs * You can apply powerful filters to incoming mails Besides these facts I am very happy that Google offers this service since years. This product makes me feel like I use the modern internet. It has a perfect user experience for mailing and I recommend this to everyone for use as a private person.

Hesham Gomaa Elmasry , IBDL

The smartest Email App ever

Reviewed 2018-08-10

I like most the friendly UI and the very easy settings to manage everything, it is very secure, as it supports second level verification on my cell phone, it facilitates everything specially when I need to take specific actions with specific sender or specific domain, it supports different themes appropriate for all modes, I like best that it allows me to organize my incoming emails as I wish and based on my current needs, it is very effective and efficient and bugs free, I like also the supported labels for specific emails, and that I can give a priority to specific labels to appear first. Thank you G-Mail for making our life and work easier.

Cesar A Siso L

The best email service in the Internet

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Gmail is the best email service in the internet far way of their competitors, with gmail you can do everything, it offers hundreds of apps like Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar and so many other that make your experience with email so great. I created my Gmail account about ten years ago and I never think about in change it, every month they offer new options to personalize your email, new apps to try and the amount of storage is huge side to side with their competitors. If you want an email account you have to use gmail.

Vona McCray

Right Hand Man

Reviewed 2018-05-15

I truly love Gmail, okay let me honest. I love anything Google. I have the app on my phone and tablet. I always have it on my desktop. Gmail is so easy to use and with the updates of being able to organize your inbox the way that you want makes my life a lot easier. I love Gmail so much that when I open my business I made sure that everyone on the team had their own. I just made life so easy. We all shared a Google Drive that we save attachments in and it just too easy to grab and send. Google... I will never ever use another!!!

Aleksei Villegas

Gmail is the email client I use every day, it is accepted everywhere!

Reviewed 2018-05-10

I like it mainly because it's from Google, and it's free! It has the chat even though I don't use it, like all mail clients, you can organize your emails, in tags, folders, you can put wallpaper, colors etc, you can check it on the phone, or on the computer. It is accepted as a login or registration method on almost all websites, shops, rss, etc. if you open your account you have access to many google applications, such as GoogleDrive, google My Business, google maps, and others. If you hire the paid version, everything gets better, it's little payment and a lot of profit.

Freddie Isbister

Does the basics but some of the best features are hidden

Reviewed 2018-10-02

The fact this easily syns with other google applications makes it hard to commit to using any other email provider. The layout is fairly easy to understand and the automatic filtering of some emails under three main headings helps with de cluttering inboxes. There are also useful features such as rules, folders and labels that allow for extra layers of email management.

Jayme Volstad

Easy to use, email balancing app!

Reviewed 2018-06-06

I love that I can view all of my email addresses to the app(although i dislike being unable to add beyond 6), and the ease of access between viewing the different accounts. If I want to deactivate an address from receiving mail it’s as simple as the click of a button. I sometimes get frustrated at trying to figure out where accidentally archived messages go when I accidentally swipe, and there is no customer support for gmail any more which is gravely disappointing. However, the app is free and picks a powerful punch of features for being of no charge!

Anonymous

Solid Email Tool

Reviewed 2018-06-27

An easy to use email tool that lets you customize and prioritize as you see fit for your daily emails. You can create as many custom folders as you need so that you can keep your emails as organized as possible (my favorite feature), create separate tabs so that incoming emails are flagged as social, personal, etc. You can even pick a custom background so it's not just boring grey - makes it a little fun when you want it to be! Setting up out of offices and folder forwarding and other misc items are all easy to figure out under the settings wheel too.

Tomasz Mieczkowski

Why am I even writing this review?

Reviewed 2018-07-10

I guess because it's there and I haven't done so yet? I've been using Gmail since... AOL. Yes. I don't know how many years it's been, but I'm pretty sure I created my Gmail account using a dial-up connection. XYZ years later I'm still loving it. I swears by the Inbox from Gmail, but I'm so used to it I can't even begin consider trying anything else. Labeling stuff and filters are super easy to use and let's not forget all the integrations. I send tasks straight to Asana and I track my emails using Docsify. My signatures are inserted using Wisestamp and everything is integrated with my Google Calendar. What other tool could do that?

Abhinav Trivedi

The Best Web email Service in The World

Reviewed 2018-07-11

♦ It is amazingly fast to open... ♦ Very Elegant Design... ♦ The Sorting of Inbox, Promotions, Social, Updates, Forums Is Just Amazing... It saves our time... ♦ Very Secure It automatically adds the Spam Email to Spam Box... ♦ You Can View all the mails at a time... ♦ It Delivers email very Fast... ♦ You can use Hangout on Gmail too on their Website... ♦ Advance level security to prevent Un-wanted logins... ♦ It also tells that from where and from which device I did my last login...

Dana Rankin

Best Email For Everything

Reviewed 2018-09-24

I like the customization available with Gmail of the backgrounds you can choose. The uses for personal and business can interconnect with each other. Utilizing the storage and files are vital. I enjoy the auto responder features and ease of search within the email inbox. Deleting spam is easy and quick. It is very easy to manage labels as well. I can organize my taks and my Google Calendar syncs right within the email so I can keep track of scheduled appointments. I alsoi like how well it looks on my smartphone. It also works well with some business apps I use that reject other emails. This is my favorite email of them all.