All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Gmail Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

Having the gmail app on your mobile is such a great help especially when you're offsite. It has wonderful push service and it sometimes gets the messages faster than its PC version.

Read the full review
Ve been using Gmail for more than 7 years, and this is was a great experience. And the great part is secure login/ signing to so many websites (which saves you a lot of time ).

Read the full review
Honestly if you don't know where something is, it's easy to find it. ANd lastly, the ability to use shortcuts (eg, in:all from:bob@company.com) to save time is a godsend.

Read the full review

Cons

Gmail is connected to google drive storage so if your google drive is full you have problems receiving mails. It's little discomfort for me.

zakaria g.

Read the full review
The lack of offline mode is sometimes really bad for us when we lose our internet connection but still need to retrieve some important files or emails to continue our work.

Read the full review
I would not say that this is a negative point, but it is something that should be rethought.

Cristovão R.

2,804

3,350 reviews

Dependability

Gmail makes my business correspondence easy to manage.

Overall, Gmail meets all of my business and personal needs. I have just integrated the smtp services in my website with Gmail which stops my business emails from going into my customers spam filter. I like the options of how to set up how I view my pages and the integration with other programs make it an easy application to work with.

Pros

Gmail is my email provider for business and personal. I switch from Microsoft years ago because Gmail was an online service that I could access from anywhere. It is within the Google umbrella and makes it simple to integrate with my day to day activities. It comes with many options such as filters, various screen displays, multiple emails, forwarding, and much more.

Cons

The only con I have with Gmail is how the emails are displayed when the Conversation View is turned on. There should be more options when enabling this option. It is an option that makes STREAK CRM work better when turned on but it is not very user friendly. Most of my emails have multiple users in it so emails sometimes get lost in the shuffle.

All i need for email

Gmail is the longest emails manager that i have use, either for personal use and business use. Throughout the years, Gmail has expended and giving better service for me especially when all the attachment file will be scanned first for any virus or malware before it will be available to be downloaded, it really help put ease to my mind.

Pros

Everyone has at least one Gmail account and i am one of them. Managing my personal email account is really easy as i can use it from my smartphone. They also has a good detection rate for spam email and i almost don't have to check my spam inbox anymore, as they really good at separating between legit and spam email.

Cons

There are not easy way to delete the email in my inbox. I have to select each of the email to delete it and no way to select everything in bulk, and delete them altogether. There are also no option to archive my email to off sites storage, everything is only accessible online and not offline.

Reliable and easy to navigate email service

My Organization has been using Gmail for the last 3-4 years. I have been personally using Gmail since it was launched in 2005-06. For personal use, I always advocated the use of Gmail over other email service providers. On the professional front, I think Gmail is a good tool and they are making progress in the right direction. They still have a long way to go to compete with MS Outlook that is specifically used for official purposes. I believe that Gmail needs to work on its ability to showcase the email threads in a better manner, provide the flexibility to include one email in another as an attachment by simple drag and drop and finally there are a lot of options available in Gmail which are not easy to find. For example: meeting schedules, how to delay sending an email in Gmail.

Pros

1) Nudges: Gmail sends prompters for emails where a follow-up may be required. It comes in very handy especially when you have multiple emails to respond to every day. 2) Emails can easily be categorized based on the filter rules provided. It makes my life very easy since I get close to 500+ emails every day. 3) It can easily be used with other Google Suite products like Google Docs, Google Sheets etc. 4) hangouts integrated directly with Gmail makes it very easy to know who is online and directly reach out to them via chat/call.

Cons

1) You cannot embed one email inside another email like an attachment. Many times, I have to refer to another mail while talking to colleagues or client and it is not possible to include that email in the form of an attachment by just dragging and dropping the email. this feature is available in Outlook and comes in very handy. 2) When there is a lot of back and forth on a single email thread, it is difficult to follow the mail thread in Gmail since it gets clustered.

Gmail works for me

I use my Gmail account to make phone calls, send and receive emails and attachment I love it. I never miss an email. I am completely confident that when I send my emails or attachments that they will be received immediately. I love the Hangout option that is available with Gmail, I use that often as well. My overall experience has been a good one with Gmail and I don't plan on using any other email apps in the near future. Gmail is the easiest app to use for communicating and grouping chats and emails. It is easy to forward attachments as well.

Pros

Gmail is so easy to use. I love the extra features that Yahoo does not offer, like phone calls and hangout. When I finally discovered Gmail I deleted my Yahoo account. I like all the extra features on my Gmail account. I like the Hangout the most. I I use it for group video chats mostly for work. I have never had a delay or problem with the video chat. I even like it better than the Zoom app. Overall Gmail is the best email option for me. I check my email at least once a day and I use Hangout at least once a week. For that reason I encourage people to use Gmail for the opportunity for free communication. There is another advantage for Gmail which has helped me greatly. Gmail saves your information so it makes it easier to change cell phones, so very helpful.

Cons

I feel there are no cons with Gmail. At least not for me. I have been using it for over 5 years and have not even found a glitch. The way it is set up is much sleeker and neater than the Yahoo in witch I was using over 8 years. I do not really have any complaints I am a huge fan of Gmail. I did have to try multiple time to create my user name so I ended up using a suggested user name, it took me a while to get accustom to that so that is my one complaint about Gmail. As I stated before I have been using Gmail for years and haven't had any problems with it. I use my Gmail account daily so I haven't had to dealing with the disadvantage that people see if your Gmail is not as active, it will be shut down on you.

Review for Gmail email service

Using Gmail as my main email service provider is the best decision that i have done. I didn't encounter many error with this software unlike the last software that i have used. I has connect it with other service like Google Meet and Google Drive as an additional service make my work easy.

Pros

Gmail has a very easy to follow and straightforward interface for the email hub service and i don't think anyone will ever have a problem to get used to the interface. Attaching files and document is very easy and i can use its sibling software which is Google Drive to store my files, if the files is exceeding the file limit size.

Cons

The software did not refresh my inbox automatically, i had to manually refresh the tab for a new email to shown on my inbox. I don't know if it is a problem with my web browser or problem on the software side. Other than that, the search feature is not too accurate and the search keyword that i have entered didn't return the result that i want.

Top Teir Number 1 Email Service

Gmail is a great easy to use fast quick reliable service .number one in the industry and my favorite provider .

Pros

gmail is my favorite and most used email provided .it has great support and folder structure .easy to use and setup quickly.security is second to none. i recommend gmail to everyone looking for a email service thats quick to set up.

Cons

call times for support can sometimes take a while . emails to customer support could be faster .they offer a premium customer service and even with that there are wait times for support.

You can do everything with Gmail

Gmail is a great email provider, whether for personal or business purposes. Using Gmail has let me access to many feature provided by Google, such as Google business, google meet and Google Drive. All that can be used for free.

Pros

There are many tools and features that are comes with Gmail and option to sign-up to other software and website with Gmail account. It is really easy as i don't have to filling my information all over again. Gmail has a 15GB of free storage to contain my email and it is more than enough to use is lifetime.

Cons

There are almost nothing to dislike with this software, except that i can't stack multiple Gmail account on the same browser tab. I need to open multiple web browser tab to log-in to multiple account, and it will only make the browser run slower because each tabs will using a lot of my computer RAM resource.

Just Works

Overall Gmail was easy to set up and use. I now have multiple accounts both personal and business that I use every day.

Pros

It's just simple and easy to use. I love that I can connect it to my own email program. I have used Mac Mail in the past and currently use Spark email. It connects easily and syncs really well. I also like that it links to Google Docs and Calendar. I like keeping so much of my info in one place.

Cons

I don't love the look/feel of gmail, but since I connect it to my own email software that isn't really much of an issue for me.

Can’t go without it

My overall review is that I absolutely love gmail. It is my primary source of email for both work and personal. I couldn’t go without this email. Love the notifications since you can see they are from immediately.

Pros

What I like most about gmail is that it is totally secure and it is all connected with google. Never have to question that. It is full customizable and the price is right.

Cons

It sharing your account with another gmail user, it would be very nice, if myself, could pick and choose what emails from who would go through to their side and what would stay on my side so they would never see.

Good email to use

I am able to communicate with my employer as well as family through this app.

Pros

I like that I can receive emails on this app for free. Its a good way to communicate among the world wide web.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like about this app. I've had nothing but good experiences with this email app.

Reason of using Gmail

I am regular user of Gmail and it became one of the most important in my communication with team members and business. Mentioned above pros and cons are experienced by my own, so it would be more better if all of them are review and improve. One of most sad part of Gmail is we can not get back our account if we forget our password. I am really upset with Gmail on this part. Even I use my own phone number, email I was not able to get back. I got code on my Phone, code on email but at last it says "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you". I have tried to get back my account many times, even I contact customer support but it did not work. There may be many users like me and They are all looking and waiting to improve this issue.

Pros

Gmail is one of the best email service which is free to use. Apart from this some good side of Gmail are given below: - Perfect platform for Individual, group, any kind of business and Organization. - Well manage structure (Inbox, Sent, Starred and etc. ) - Many features and services ( google meet, google drive, google sheets, google docs and etc) - Features of audio, video call and screen sharing

Cons

All though Gmail is popular and Very helpful for user, still Gmail has some draw back. It would be more better if listed below points are review and improve: - It would be better if there was customer support in every nation (should have service for person to person) - Account could not verify (if in case forget password can not get back account even if we use own information) - Can not send large file - Can not send message if receiver's storage is full. (In some cases there might be only way to communicate. Such kind of features won't be able to connect) - Little bit confusing to use for the first time

"Always keep to its promise!"

Overall Gmail has given me all, the easiest and most convenient features in emailing services. That find it fulfilling in my daily works. It keeps me updated and on track at all times. It might not be perfect, but it holds its promise in giving great features for the user to enjoy. And because it updates all the time like most of the apps, we're in for surprises!

Pros

As you get and send messages, the messages are consequently assembled by the headline, regardless to the age of the content. As somebody answers to you, Gmail consequently raises all past related directives for your reference in a fell vertical string. This helpfully audit what has been talked about previously, and save you the time of looking through organizers that have you composed a month back....

Cons

With the hype and popularity of this application. However, it also has its downside. Unlike other new application that caters bigger screen to write their messages. Gmail has limited space which for me as a user I find difficulty in reviewing my composed messages, especially if it's long, you have to scroll it down to see it all. Moreover, when it comes to sending attachments such as docs, excel, pictures and etc. It has its own limitations. You can send several files in one email, but only small files. Bigger that 25 MB is not allowed, but rather the Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link instead which is a bit of a hassle.

Gmail....for a thought.

I can appreciate the effort that they're putting forth of weeding out spam because a lot of it is so ridiculously out of control now these days my spam account is so full of just random crazy things and if I had to go through my mail and weed out these things it I would be a crazy person. So my experience with Gmail is fabulous we've grown together adapted together and I've tried other email software and I just never took to any of them like I did Gmail

Pros

So, for what I use Gmail for makes it a perfect fit....for me. I say it's simple, clean and up to date. But maybe that's because I have evolved with Gmail and it's ever changing ways for quite some years now.

Cons

This is always such a hard part for me to fill in. Especially when the software in your own eyes truly really has no big falls certainly not any big enough to call something I hate. something that I really kind of dislike about it is maybe in the beginning it did not express to me how important it is to set up an automatic delete I can't tell you I have thousands and thousands and hundreds of thousands of emails on my Gmail account with them all combined together there's no telling how many of unread emails. Nobody's fault but my own nonetheless when is enough enough I guess.

Gmail makes electronic communication super easy

Gmail has been better for me than other electonic mailing systems. My business wouldn't have gone this fat without it. Even as the Google Mail has a few flaws, it's benefits supercedes it's faults. I would recommend it a a million times over!

Pros

I have been using Google Mail since 2014 and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is easy to link Gmail to different apps, social media and businesses. I also love the complexity of the system. Gmail allows you to use several options like adding your business, syncing accounts and backing up files. I backed up some files a few years ago without stress. Because I didn't put much work into...

Cons

Although Gmail is very useful, it's security check could be frustrating. Logging into your Gmail account with different browsers will attract security attention. All you need to do is verify, though. But not everyone likes doing that all the time. It also takes some time for me to receive my inboxes sometimes. I think your connectivity determines how fast you can send or receive messages.

Strong email platform with exceptional integrations

find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros

The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons

One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected. At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder. I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

Wont fail with GMAIL

I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

A great product to use!

Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product. Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros

Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without...

Cons

Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your...

One of the best email service provider

Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros

Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful....

Cons

The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

Good Old Gmail

I do not have any problems with Gmail. It is a great software that I have been using for a long time, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Some of the most impactful features are the ability to schedule emails, ability to receive writing suggestions, and the ability to mix up your email stars. Scheduling emails is very helpful especially when I need to send multiple emails or I am running on a tight schedule. I just dedicate some time to type them all up and schedule them. This way I make sure it gets done and I won't forget to do it....

Cons

I am only a student, so for my purposes, all the features available are great. All the features that I am aware of are easy to use. However, when I first got gmail which was over 5 years ago, I do not remember receiving any sort of guidelines to help me get started. I had to discover most of it on my own, and there are certainly some features I don't know of yet. If there was some help along the way, rather than me experimenting around, that would have been even better. I have not really integrated gmail with other applications. However, I am currently considering syncing my gmail and google calendar. This might create more ease in my life.

Gmail Review

I am communicating through large groups of people through gmail and they make it quite easy. My favorite part about gmail is its ability to schedule emails to be sent at certain times. I only spend so much time in the office and most of my time giving lessons, so the ability to send emails when I'm not in front of the computer is amazing.

Pros

The features of Gmail, specifically abilities to star or mark important emails make the software very user friendly. Many of the functions are easy to use and there are multiple ways to perform each task. I tend to distribute videos and large powerpoints or spreadsheets through gmail and there has never been a problem attaching media or other links to my emails.

Cons

Integration with my existing business was fairly easy, however, there are some features that I wish gmail would fix up. Security is obviously a large priority yet I tend to miss out on some emails from new possible clients or employees because their emails get sent to spam. This is a con of gmail and I take fault for missing clients and not being able to find their emails as soon as possible.

Easy to use and offers many features

Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros

The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons

The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

Main Email account

It is secure for businesses and personal accounts - I think it's a great platform, I use it and would use it forever. I know I mentioned the main layout is dull, but that's just being superficial. It works, it's easy, it's customizable, it's fast.

Pros

I find Gmail very easy to use, it's fast and simple for anyone. Not only businesses can use it, but you can also get an account for free. There is a huge storage space for all your emails and I love that. I mainly use this as my professional account,but a good feature is that Gmail filters any spam or social, so you actually have a primary section for your primary and important emails. Speaking of...

Cons

I personally don't like the main layout, I find it outdated, just like the built-in-chat, I find it rather dull. Even though you have the search bar, to be honest, I don't like that emails are not on the same page - you can only see I think 50 at a time.

The wonderful functionality of Gmail

I started using Gmail in high school because our teachers recommended it and ever since that moment, I have never switched. Personally I've never had issues with Gmail and any time I've called customer support they were very friendly, outgoing, and helpful and I really appreciate that because there is nothing worse than the customer support being rude to the customer. Overall 10/10 experience.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is that it's very user friend and the interface design was done very well. I like how it's designed for people of all ages to use. I also really like how there are a lot of simple features, but also a lot of more complicated features like data sheets and stats for the individuals looking for those complicated features.

Cons

It's really hard to think of cons for this software because it really has everything one could need, but if there is one improvement that I think could be made would be have the processing time be a little faster because sometimes it can lag, but other than that I don't really have any cons.

The Easiest Communication Tool

MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I still use Gmail for all my communication needs.I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account which I have created 20 Years Ago.

Pros

What is really like about gmail is The Popularity it earned for itself , because this is the first step which creates HOPE because when people /kid started to learn and understand about the Technology/computer world ,like what kind of instrument /product it is or how and why people talk about it in every step of life.Even if we see in computer institution the first step which a instructor taught...

Cons

The lease I like about it is the customer service response because as per my personal experience GMAIL took three long days to respond any little query . In 21st century it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Google is okay but it's missing some things

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.