Gmail Logo

Gmail

Free email and inbox management app, from Google

Gmail Reviews - Page 6

9,160 reviews

Gmail....for a thought.

I can appreciate the effort that they're putting forth of weeding out spam because a lot of it is so ridiculously out of control now these days my spam account is so full of just random crazy things and if I had to go through my mail and weed out these things it I would be a crazy person. So my experience with Gmail is fabulous we've grown together adapted together and I've tried other email software and I just never took to any of them like I did Gmail

Pros

So, for what I use Gmail for makes it a perfect fit....for me. I say it's simple, clean and up to date. But maybe that's because I have evolved with Gmail and it's ever changing ways for quite some years now.

Cons

This is always such a hard part for me to fill in. Especially when the software in your own eyes truly really has no big falls certainly not any big enough to call something I hate. something that I really kind of dislike about it is maybe in the beginning it did not express to me how important it is to set up an automatic delete I can't tell you I have thousands and thousands and hundreds of thousands of emails on my Gmail account with them all combined together there's no telling how many of unread emails. Nobody's fault but my own nonetheless when is enough enough I guess.

Top Teir Number 1 Email Service

Gmail is a great easy to use fast quick reliable service .number one in the industry and my favorite provider .

Pros

gmail is my favorite and most used email provided .it has great support and folder structure .easy to use and setup quickly.security is second to none. i recommend gmail to everyone looking for a email service thats quick to set up.

Cons

call times for support can sometimes take a while . emails to customer support could be faster .they offer a premium customer service and even with that there are wait times for support.

Gmail makes electronic communication super easy

Gmail has been better for me than other electonic mailing systems. My business wouldn't have gone this fat without it. Even as the Google Mail has a few flaws, it's benefits supercedes it's faults. I would recommend it a a million times over!

Pros

I have been using Google Mail since 2014 and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is easy to link Gmail to different apps, social media and businesses. I also love the complexity of the system. Gmail allows you to use several options like adding your business, syncing accounts and backing up files. I backed up some files a few years ago without stress. Because I didn't put much work into...

Cons

Although Gmail is very useful, it's security check could be frustrating. Logging into your Gmail account with different browsers will attract security attention. All you need to do is verify, though. But not everyone likes doing that all the time. It also takes some time for me to receive my inboxes sometimes. I think your connectivity determines how fast you can send or receive messages.

Strong email platform with exceptional integrations

find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros

The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons

One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected. At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder. I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

Wont fail with GMAIL

I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

A great product to use!

Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product. Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros

Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without...

Cons

Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your...

One of the best email service provider

Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros

Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful....

Cons

The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

Good Old Gmail

I do not have any problems with Gmail. It is a great software that I have been using for a long time, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Some of the most impactful features are the ability to schedule emails, ability to receive writing suggestions, and the ability to mix up your email stars. Scheduling emails is very helpful especially when I need to send multiple emails or I am running on a tight schedule. I just dedicate some time to type them all up and schedule them. This way I make sure it gets done and I won't forget to do it....

Cons

I am only a student, so for my purposes, all the features available are great. All the features that I am aware of are easy to use. However, when I first got gmail which was over 5 years ago, I do not remember receiving any sort of guidelines to help me get started. I had to discover most of it on my own, and there are certainly some features I don't know of yet. If there was some help along the way, rather than me experimenting around, that would have been even better. I have not really integrated gmail with other applications. However, I am currently considering syncing my gmail and google calendar. This might create more ease in my life.

Gmail Review

I am communicating through large groups of people through gmail and they make it quite easy. My favorite part about gmail is its ability to schedule emails to be sent at certain times. I only spend so much time in the office and most of my time giving lessons, so the ability to send emails when I'm not in front of the computer is amazing.

Pros

The features of Gmail, specifically abilities to star or mark important emails make the software very user friendly. Many of the functions are easy to use and there are multiple ways to perform each task. I tend to distribute videos and large powerpoints or spreadsheets through gmail and there has never been a problem attaching media or other links to my emails.

Cons

Integration with my existing business was fairly easy, however, there are some features that I wish gmail would fix up. Security is obviously a large priority yet I tend to miss out on some emails from new possible clients or employees because their emails get sent to spam. This is a con of gmail and I take fault for missing clients and not being able to find their emails as soon as possible.

Easy to use and offers many features

Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros

The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons

The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

Main Email account

It is secure for businesses and personal accounts - I think it's a great platform, I use it and would use it forever. I know I mentioned the main layout is dull, but that's just being superficial. It works, it's easy, it's customizable, it's fast.

Pros

I find Gmail very easy to use, it's fast and simple for anyone. Not only businesses can use it, but you can also get an account for free. There is a huge storage space for all your emails and I love that. I mainly use this as my professional account,but a good feature is that Gmail filters any spam or social, so you actually have a primary section for your primary and important emails. Speaking of...

Cons

I personally don't like the main layout, I find it outdated, just like the built-in-chat, I find it rather dull. Even though you have the search bar, to be honest, I don't like that emails are not on the same page - you can only see I think 50 at a time.

The wonderful functionality of Gmail

I started using Gmail in high school because our teachers recommended it and ever since that moment, I have never switched. Personally I've never had issues with Gmail and any time I've called customer support they were very friendly, outgoing, and helpful and I really appreciate that because there is nothing worse than the customer support being rude to the customer. Overall 10/10 experience.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is that it's very user friend and the interface design was done very well. I like how it's designed for people of all ages to use. I also really like how there are a lot of simple features, but also a lot of more complicated features like data sheets and stats for the individuals looking for those complicated features.

Cons

It's really hard to think of cons for this software because it really has everything one could need, but if there is one improvement that I think could be made would be have the processing time be a little faster because sometimes it can lag, but other than that I don't really have any cons.

The Easiest Communication Tool

MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I still use Gmail for all my communication needs.I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account which I have created 20 Years Ago.

Pros

What is really like about gmail is The Popularity it earned for itself , because this is the first step which creates HOPE because when people /kid started to learn and understand about the Technology/computer world ,like what kind of instrument /product it is or how and why people talk about it in every step of life.Even if we see in computer institution the first step which a instructor taught...

Cons

The lease I like about it is the customer service response because as per my personal experience GMAIL took three long days to respond any little query . In 21st century it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Google is okay but it's missing some things

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Great and continuing to add features

Pros

So many of the things that Gmail was first to do are now common in other email apps. But overall, it's nice to use a product that's part of the larger Google platform for easy access to calendars, shared documents, etc. I like that I can use the Gmail application for managing email for my website to keep that domain name in my email address (via G Suite). I like the many ways you can filter messages, setting rules for handling certain messages, etc. There are also many helpful ways to search your inbox and folders. I've also been impressed that they continue to add features, although it's always behind the newer competing email apps. They basically copy the cool features that other apps do, but I'm okay with that.

Cons

I've been using Gmail for a long time, so for several years now I've had to pay for extra space, which I don't like. But I also realize that sounds ridiculous. Maybe I just wish they would give you more space than they currently do. I can't imagine I have much more data than the average person... Here's another con that is probably ridiculous to complain about: they put too many good emails in Spam....

Gmail rocks, but does it offer joy?

Pros

I happen to have both a personal and a business Gmail account. There are many things to like about Gmail (free), great search, decent integration with the rest of their offerings, nice automations with filters and rules. There are features that they have built on top of the standard IMAP functionalities, like tags, filters and automatic categorization of emails, which are very useful and productive (albeit a bit restrictive, since they are exclusively available on the Gmail apps). The familiarity of the personal Gmail accounts is a big plus when using them in a corporate setting. Centrally managing the business email accounts is a breeze for your IT department. Plus: more storage, email aliases, and group email addresses.

Cons

Well, when talking about the free Gmail, there’s not much to complain about. You can’t really argue with the free price tag, can you? The only issue I can see is that there are no native desktop clients and the web version of Gmail feels a bit too much like a webpage and less than a web app. I can understand that for many this is a feature, not a bug — but even with the recent material redesign, the...

Gmail an app that promises!

Pros

Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 8 years, I must say it is an incredible application, I use it every day since I constantly receive emails from clients, partners and work, so I need to check my email trays constantly, I must say that it has never hit me or given me problems so the stability of the app is excellent. In addition to this gmail has a number of add-ons that you can...

Cons

Well, because not everything is always good, there are few things I do not like about the gmail app and one of them is that when you write a new message and add some files it is a bit difficult to do it from the phone, if you could do it a little simpler would be great, another thing is that when I send a message I do not get the notification of message sent or message waiting to be sent or message sent so I never know if my message has been sent really. For my part these are the only things that I dislike, everything else I like and I'm happy with the app, I really think it's excellent!

Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization

Pros

Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best...

Cons

Gmail’s email tracking is not the most suitable feature for those in marketing and sales, looking to keep track of open rates, link clicks, who clicked on the specific link, etc. But Google is completely transparent about this issue; Gmail’s documentation clearly states tracking may not be accurate, there are various factors you need to be aware of to make sure your actions don’t interfere with the...

The ultimate in email search and storage

Pros

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y. Additionally...

Cons

An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox. Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.

I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service

Pros

Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one. The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot. The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when...

Cons

That is not to say that everything is perfect, there are things about Gmail that are not great. As a mobile app user, I am disappointed with the Gmail app. It doesnt sync to the web when you mark emails as read, you also cant unsend messages and adding attachments on the file is not as seamless as on the web app. Hangouts in Gmail has never really made sense to me, I wish there was a way to just...

The best email service

Pros

Gmail has so many useful tools. I can't imagine living without it. 1) Excellent search Gmail is really good at searching through messages. Granted it can take a few attempts, but you can nearly always find the message you are looking for. Other email services don't even come close to providing such good search results. 2) Forward to any email address Gmail has a built in forwarding option allowing...

Cons

Inbox and Gmail both have different features that the other don't. So I have to keep on switching between them. It would be nice if Google put all of Gmail's features into Inbox so I could just use one interface.

Gmail is ALWAYS the way to go!!!

I love it, I rely on it every day, and don't believe I can ever trust a product anymore than I would my Gmail. I'm always protected, is easy to use, And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Pros

I rely on my Gmail account multiple times a day, and I love that for less than $2 a month I can get additional storage, and never have to worry about my inbox being full.

Cons

I can't state anything I dislike with Gmail, It is an excellent product with exceptional value! You cannot beat it!!

The only email service I will ever use

Gmail has made my business life so much more organized. I've been able to keep things filed in folders and easily accessible so I always know exactly where they are. Also, just keeping my schedules all aligned from personal and business life is the most fantastic thing. I love not having to switch accounts to see all my calendar listings all in one place.

Pros

Ever since I started using Gmail probably about 10 years ago, I've never looked back. I have multiple accounts for personal as well as business. I love how easy it is to keep all my accounts together and toggle between them seamlessly. I love the integration with Google calendar and how I can pull things directly from emails and send them to my calendar. I also love how it automatically filters out social and marketing mail to keep my main inbox more streamlined and less filled with ads and Facebook notifications. Truly don't think an email service could fit me better.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to search for certain things but that's usually because companies have multiple emails and don't keep things easy to search which is on them, not Gmail.

The only email platform I use

I've been using Gmail as my sole email provider since before I graduated college. I have two personal email addresses and my company uses Google Workspaces for our work emails as well. Using the app on my phone and checking my email on desktop is easy. Setting themes is simple and there are lots of options for that. Setting up signatures and vacation responders takes just a few minutes. I'll continue to use Gmail probably for the rest of my life.

Pros

Searching for what I need is very intuitive. I love that emails go into three folders – primary, social and promotions. The spam folder does a pretty good job of filtering out what is actually spam. I like that Gmail notifies me when it's getting full and I need to delete things as well. The Gmail app is so great for my phone as well because those emails are stored on the app/in the cloud and not actually on my iPhone like the emails app that comes with the phone. I get too many emails for that. The app is also great because I can toggle my work email on and off so I'm not bombarded by emails all weekend. I can toggle any of my email addresses on and off and that's a feature I haven't seen in other email apps. That's a huge one for me.

Cons

The spam filter is good, but it's not 100%. Every now and then I see emails come through that are phishing while pretending to be my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I can tell that it's not him, but I wish those were caught by the spam filter instead of coming to my primary inbox. I can easily block those email addresses, but I wish I didn't have to. It's the smallest of gripes, but you can never be too careful.

Pros & Cons of Gmail

Overall my experience with Gmail is great. It's a very time-saving communication tool.

Pros

It is one of the most simple email program. I am using this from my student life to my corporate life, and still, now I am having a great time using Gmail to do my work and sync some of my data together in one account. Since the categories of mails are divided so I don't have to look for every advertisement email. This is also a very useful tool to communicate with other people while keeping the previous transaction and chat record. It helps me a lot to communicate with my customers and sending them a quick reply. Easy to use from laptop and mobile both.

Cons

Gmail need to upgrade and widen their free online storage limit. The account delete option from mobile should need to be upgraded. I couldn't delete my mail account from my mobile phone without any trace. After deleting the account it still shows my inbox emails. The hardest thing to use in this application is to change the mail settings. Sometimes Gmail caught important mails as spam as a result I had to face a hard time finding specific emails.