Google Voice Reviews

4.28/5 (39 reviews)

Beth Dash

Great, free app for VOIP calls

Reviewed 2018-03-31

I've used this app for years, and even though it's not one they're really doing much with anymore, I'm glad it's still up and running. I did hear they were planning to upgrade it or integrate it in some other platform eventually, but while I know it's part of Google Hangouts, I don't know about future plans. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my cell phone in the house somewhere, and having done away with landlines 20 years ago, I don't have another phone to use to call my missing cell to find it. So I use Google Voice to dial my cell, and track it down while it's ringing. (Yes, I know I can also use Find My Phone, but the few times I have tried that, it told me the phone was out of range, when in fact it was in the next room.) Also, for a while there I was having battery charging issues with my phone and it would die all the time. Google Voice was a great option for getting in touch with someone if I couldn't use my phone. Google Voice also gives you your own phone number, so for instance, on my website I used my Googe Voice phone number instead of giving out a personal cell number. Google Voice also takes messages, and although the alerts to having new Google Voice messages hasn't worked completely reliably, it is cool that it will transcribe the message for you using voice recognition so you can click on a message and just read it rather than having to listen to it. But of course voice recognition isn't always right, so sometimes the messages are a little garbled, but you can usually figure out what was said. There's no delay or hum on the line when I have used it to make calls. And you can text through this connection, too. If you go into settings and configure it the right way, you can even switch from Google Voice to another phone in the middle of the call. There are apps for Android use, although I haven't used any of them. And if you use it through the Google Hangouts portal, you can "face time" and conference call and share files. Oh - and calls are free in the US. If you want to call outside the US you have to add money to the account first.

David H. Deans

Comprehensive voice communication and text messaging productivity tool

Reviewed 2018-05-28

I've used this service back when it first launched as GrandCentral (renamed to Google Voice). I still use it today as the primary phone number for my marketing consulting business. Google Voice is a telephony service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada. A huge bonus, Google Voice offers one of the lowest international calling charges. Don't pay your mobile service provider high prices for international calling. Use Google's service with the mobile app on your smartphone to call anywhere in the world via clear and consistent high-quality Voice-Over-IP.

Mike Calabro

If you are an android user there really is no other choice for VM integration.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Google Voice does a lot of things. I do not fully utilize it. It is the best voicemail transcription apps that I have found. I rarely have to listen to my voicemail messages and just read them. Being able to have an extra phone number to give out is a godsend. The cost of international calls form Google voice is extremely competitive. If you are in another country and do not have phone access it can send your voicemails to your email, The basics of it are free.

Kevin Williams

Is there a better VOIP Option? The Answer is No Google Voice is the Best

Reviewed 2018-09-11

I have been using Google Voice since they had limited invites and from the beginning until now this is probably one of the best tools created in the last 10 years to be honest. The ability to have a free number that forwards to any number is great you can even use your laptop, tablet, or phone for free as an option as long as you have wifi enabled. My calls have never dropped, sms and mms is efficient and you can literally have as many numbers as you have Google accounts.

Anonymous

It's the best voice/texting app you could get for free

Reviewed 2018-03-10

Not everyone will agree with me, but I think it's true. Google Voice has a the best voice and texting you can get with an anonymous number for free. Most of the other apps require you pay a small fee just to send text messages from a burner number, but Google Voice lets you do that without needing to pay. I can also text on my computer without needing to ever touch my phone. It also provides voicemail transcripts if you're ever in a place where you can't listen to the message (i.e. on public transportation, in a meeting, etc).

Stephen G. Liss

Manage your phone calls like a boss!

Reviewed 2018-05-06

What I like most is that you can screen your calls very selectively. Unknown caller? Send directly to voicemail. This is a great way to weed out nuisance callers.

Google Voice is the best free VOIP app

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Google Voice does one thing - mobile VOIP, and does it well. It allows for good transcription, a usable mobile app, and free to start your account

Cheapest for long distance

Reviewed 2018-06-27

Google voice has been incredibly helpful to make the absolute cheapest calls to international mobiles or landlines. The interface is clean and easy to use and super easy to lookup contacts in your phone directory. It is also easy to manage credit and reload your balance as long as you have a google account.

Google Voice aka Hangouts Dialer

Reviewed 2018-08-28

I love the free calls for American and Canadian phone numbers. It's great for budget-conscious people in Canada and US since if you have WI-FI you can make free calls with the app.

MARTIN SSENKAAYA

Am still learning it

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-08-09

Marketing opportunities It makes work easy for company and makes you move faster at work You can also try it

Very good service

Reviewed 2018-05-09

I love google voice for many reasons, the main one is that it allows me to filter the calls I want to answer, letting me hear the name of the caller before. The function of transferring calls to another number is also very useful.

Ping Huang

decent voice application

Reviewed 2018-06-30

I find that this application can be used throughout different google accounts (gmail, google calendar...) which is pretty convenient so that I do not need multiple voice apps

Best for international calls

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Google Voice enables you to call most of the American businesses for very cheaply or for free from many countries. This is the reason I use Google Voice regularly.

Patrick Delgado

#1 FREE CALL ACCOUNTING APP

Reviewed 2015-12-24

As a Professional Business Technology Consultant for over 15 years, I've created, integrated and supported SWITCH/PBX's in Call Accounting verticals including but not limited to: Hospitality and Law Firms. Throughout my professional tenure I've not only written code but have had the experience of collaborating with EVERY SINGLE professional SWITCH/PBX hardware and application on the market. My conclusion, Google Voice is THE answer to simplifying a basic Hosted SWITCH/PBX solution. It's as simple as it gets to trunk calls and It's free!

Great Voip

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Basic Voip system. I primarily use it in conjunction with 8x8 to have a free number pop up on my phone.

Jameli Jimenez

Google Voice is an all-around telephone service provider.

Reviewed 2018-08-09

I like how it is not limited to voice call services. I can also use it to send bulk text messaging to support marketing and sales campaigns.

Niko Tsoumaris

Great product works on all your devices

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-06-06

II absolutely love using google voice as a secondary number to talk to friends its a great app apart from iphone. If you're looking for a free solution this is itBest free phone/text app period and it's FREE!

Juanita Harrison

Ease of hse

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-10-05

Google voice is extremely easy to use! Especially when I am in a rush and need to find out information pretty quickly, google voice is quick with the answer

Anonymous

Google rarely gets it wrong

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-05-22

Simple, easy to use, and effective. Like most of its products, Google perfects what is already out there.

Manny Velilla