Hiver

Hiver: World's First Gmail-based Customer Service Helpdesk

visit website

Hiver Reviews

Pros

We have had a great experience with Hiver. It has really improved our customer service and any time I have had a question or issue their tech support was ready to help.

Amanda W.

I really enjoy the save and close feature when I know an issue has been resolved. It helps me keep track of everything I need in my busy job.

priyanka p.

Great experience, if we have an issue the support team is there to help.

Virginia T.

Cons

Awful experience!!! After integrating this tool, my clients stopped receiving my emails.

Andrea G.

Far too slow and laggy, its very frustrating and may ultimately force us to go back to Gmail.

David H.

Unfortunately the lag in the software makes for a long and tiresome day. It needs supercharged with more processing power.

David H.

4.7

We are so pleased to have found Hiver!

It is easy to administrate, very user friendly, and the support is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever waited more than a few seconds for a response from a member of their friendly and extremely competent support team.

Pros

The collaboration between Hiver and G-Suite to create a cohesive team environment has allowed us to better collaborate together to improve the customer experience. We can assign emails internally, share inboxes and disposition emails as open, pending, or closed - chat about 'tickets' in the Hiver side bar, and step in to assist on existing email chains without having to forward emails to different departments or members across the team.

Cons

I'd love to be able to create a 'ticket' within Hiver on behalf of a customer. Currently tickets can only be created based on an email interaction between a customer and our company.

Hiver is the absolutely best Shared Inbox service and helped us optimizing our workflows by 50%.

We tried several providers of Shared Inboxes and we ended up staying with Hiver for the solely reason that they choose to focus on the core aspects of mail management and not various other features, that businesses at our size usually use other Sales or Project services for. We have used Hiver for more than a year now and it has so far saved us from hundreds of hours by providing us with a great overview...

Pros

The mail management part is alfa omega. Its the core of this service, that makes it stand out from competitors. This tool allows you to manage hundreds of mails weekly without losing the overview. It integrates smoothly with G Suite, so are you already comfortable with Gmail, then you cannot miss Hiver!

Cons

Setting rules for the automations could be optimized to handle more criteria and it would be great to be allowed to bulk add email adresses instead of manually adding one by one. It works though and its great.

Easy to manage shared email inbox

Hiver can be really helpful when you are using a shared inbox with email address like info@ or sales@. It makes it so simple to assign email to the appropriate team members and you’ll get notified if someone else tries to reply to the same email that you are looking at, avoiding the issue of more than one person replying to the same email.

Pros

This platform helps to organize our influx of emails from clients, etc. This tool makes collaborative teamwork possible. You can leave notes to your colleagues in an email and they can review your response without adding it in the email. You can also leave notes for yourself in an email. The system is easy to use and if you need a shared email box and a multiple-person team to manage support inbox then hiver is your best choice.

Cons

I actually don’t find any issues with using this tool. It’s 100% useful. However, if I was picky I am not a fan of keeping the email in conversation view. It makes a bit hard to read emails in a thread but had to adjust for hiver.

None. Hiver completely derailed our operations at a period of peak media coverage.

Pros

Hiver features initially seemed great. I was eager to make use of their promised benefits. Unfortunately, Hiver completely halted our operations for over a week and lost us a great deal of business. Throughout it all, their team was unapologetic and dismissive of the role that Hiver had in derailing our email communications with clients. Rather than seeing this as an opportunity to resolve and repair clear technical defects, they blatanly blew off our repeated requests for support.

Cons

I tested out many collaborative email tools before deciding to go with Hiver. I was impressed by the intuitive design, canned response functionality and mobile app. Unfortunately, several days after installing the tool, we began to suspect that our clients were not receiving our emails consistently. I reached out to Hiver several times over the course of a few days and received no response. This lapse...

Hiver has been a game changer our account management team!

Pros

Hiver has made it so much easier for our client-facing teams to collaborate with each other and better serve all of our clients' needs. Everybody can see all the emails coming in, leave internal notes for each other, mark emails as pending/closed, use templates...the list goes on. It's been a huge game changer!

Cons

I wish we could use Hiver for even more. Everything about it is great, including amazing customer service, and so now I want to get rid of our other software/integration app providers and just use Hiver exclusively.

Easy Email Management

Great overall experience that has helped us become more efficient and communicate very effectively.

Pros

Hiver is a great way to manage a shared inbox efficiently and integrates easily with Gmail. Our team is able to assign emails, share notes, and easily see a chain of communication ensuring all incoming enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently. There are easy ways to set up template copy too, accessible to the whole team.

Cons

No cons, it's good to be aware that once an email is assigned to a staff member, you won't see this email thread again unless you actively search for it.

Managing a team was never easier!

KPI measurement Prioritizing emails, Coworking with shared inboxes, Highlight important emails that need immediate attention.

Pros

This add will make teamwork 100% easier and more efficient. I can start by saying that the fact that it will sort every upcoming email to the person in charge is amazing, not only because it will help to have a more organized shared box, but it will also let us supervise the email flow from our colleagues and give them a hand whenever they need or are out for vacation. On the other hand, having the option to leave comments on the memo field, will also help us to remind important information or simply inform our colleagues about something. Last but not least, Hiver gives us the opportunity to work with shared mailboxes and prioritize whatever is important for the team and allows us to "Close" every task that no longer needs our attention.

Cons

It was hard for me to find a con for this tool as it offers all the essential features that I need to sort my emails and supervise the email flow for our team. However, I found probably a glitch when emails that are on "pending" status are not automatically opened whenever they get a reply.

Hiver Is A Must For High Volume Inboxes

Pros

Hiver is great for my team as we have several high volume inboxes. Prior to Hiver our teams would all log into a separate inbox and choose pages to work from which became increasingly less efficient. Hiver has changed this by adding all our inboxes in one place. The ability to assign emails and collision detection has also greatly reduced instances of double up on work as well. The collaboration tools are great with the ability to leave notes and @ mention other users as in the past we would be creating drafts in the emails to leave notes. It also provides the ability for automation which allows us to prioritize specific items

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to sort emails from oldest to newest Analytics can be a little hard to follow at times, though they do allow you to export the raw data and extrapolate from there

Awesome Product

Pros

I highly recommend this product for how well it integrates with Gmail / Google Custom Domain Mail. This product has been tremendously helpful in improving our email support and provide the tools necessary for properly tracking support requests and collaborating as a team!

Cons

Honestly, I had to think hard to come up with something I dislike about the product. The only thing may be that the emails synced via the "Shared Mailbox" functionality also show up in search results when you try to search your own mailbox for emails. There is a way around this by using special search criteria, but a generic search will return results from the Shared Mailbox as well as from your own "personal" mailbox.

Visibility, Visibility, Visibility

All around great experience from the demonstration through go-live. The Hiver team is also very responsive to questions we have as well as training support for new team members.

Pros

Hiver was selected for its integration within our G-Suite. Hiver has allowed our group to more effectively and efficiently deal with inbound emails while giving visibility into the email traffic our client and talent experience team have on a daily basis. I love the ability to customize the solution to our business needs.

Cons

I wish the analytics graphs were exportable for presentations, would also be great to be able to embed live graphs.

Excellent Add-On to a Gmail-centric Workflow

Overall, I very much like Hiver and think it is an excellent service that solved our very real problem when redesigning our company's architecture. I have been pleased not only with the functioning of Hiver, but also with the seemingly kind people behind the scenes who are always improving Hiver and are always available for a questions, if one arises.

Pros

Our company moved over to G Suite in an effort to move to cloud-based operations from our previous terminal server setup (Windows-based ONLY; accessibility was relatively limited if not at the office). When making the switch, we note that Gmail does not have a shared mailbox function – something that our company entirely relies on. So though you're getting the "Suite" of apps that are necessary (and...

Cons

Our company works entirely online – browser-based and mobile devices. Hiver has an iPhone app that we use and it is constantly improving, but the iPad app is the iPhone app on a bigger screen. Hiver's latest update duplicates the size parameters of the iPhone app, so it is not just enlarged (causing a grainy picture) but rather readable. The downside of the app version is that I can't seem to compose...

A real difference in admin heavy teams

Pros

Our team is small enough and the volume of admin tasks is manageable, so using a Jira ticketing system would have been far to restrictive. I appreciate the flexibility Hiver gives while still helping us organise tasks. The 3-4 of us manage the same mailbox where queries come into from the rest of the organisation, so it was hard for us to keep track of what has and hasn't been actioned, and by whom in the team. Hiver lies on top of this mailbox and allows us to assign queries to each other and mark the status of the emails which was a game changer for us. In addition, Hiver's analytics tool helps us understand what most of the queries are about and thus where to focus our energies when coming up with self-service options.

Cons

The analytics tool is not always very accurate. We'd like to understand what our response time is but often this is very skewed for some reason and isn't realistic. I think this is still a work in progress for them.

Team Email Management

Great experience, if we have an issue the support team is there to help.

Pros

Hiver has made our shared email process so easy! We tried several other products but this was the only one that solved our issues. We can make folders for separate teams, email templates and add access to those who need to be involved only. You can also schedule dates/times of when you would like the email to be sent. Google Chrome extension is available, if needed.

Cons

Would like more user analytics for tracking employees

Hiver is Gmail's best kept secret

Extremely positive. Our team has come to depend on it and use it every hour of every working day. Very positive and enaging support team also for the few times we've had questions.

Pros

We love the ability to tag our colleagues on emails relating to them and add internally viewable comments alongside the email thread. Unlike almost all the competitors we tested Hiver doesn't take you out of your Inbox workflow - it simply extends what you can do in Gmail in really cleaver ways.

Cons

The shared mailbox feature while great adds too many icons to the left menu in Gmail. A small complaint I know but I like to keep things as clutter free as possible.

Hiver

great for managing a team, Hiver is very helpful and easy to work and make sure that any problem you occur is addressed a 100%

Pros

Easy to manage a team with, full visibility and different rolls.. good analytics for reporting

Cons

better reporting, with more robust and customizeable anayltics

I'm a Surv-Hiver

Hiver for us has been an accelerator and a generator for new business, just by keeping our team organised. It is the BEST shared inbox app available and we tried 3/4 others in the months before going for Hiver. The shared mailbox feature is simple to set up and works exactly as you would want it to - as an inbox view-able in the same way by multiple selected users. From there we can assign emails to relevant people (this feature is incredible and makes the email pop up in the users inbox without even the need to navigate to a different folder) and take non relevant emails ou of the folder allowing a seamless workflow between our sales and support team.

Pros

The shared mailbox features is incredible and provides exactly what we needed when looking into a viable Email sharing solution for Gmail. We use the shared mailbox for our info@ and sales@ email addresses and they can be shared seamlessly between colleagues and assigned without any clashing, or duplicate emails being sent out. Works an absolute treat

Cons

At times, since the support is only US and India based, the time difference means support is not always available to us UK time.

A Great Tool for Team Work!

It was a great experience. Customer service is always a priority for the Hiver Team, and the turnaround time to implement and train on Hiver usage was fairly quick due to the user friendly design.

Pros

The assignment feature allows us to assign to specific team mates. The notes allow us to have easy internal communication without the need to endlessly forward emails to people. From a management perspective, Hiver Analytics is a great tool to measure email productivity as well.

Cons

I would like to see assignment feature be available on a team level instead of an individual level. For example, an email can be assigned to a specific department that also have Hiver. With a shared inbox feature, the sent folder will also contain emails that were sent from other teammates. Wish there was an easier way to filter that.

Hiver was a game changer for us

Hiver has been awesome from a trial to full implementation. I was able to get exactly what I needed for my team and it has made our sales department so much better. Emails can easily get out of control and after struggling with basic Gmail for so long it was time to find a solution. Hiver became the perfect solution for us and it was the easiest pitch to my boss to get it.

Pros

Assigning emails to our team members has been a game changer. We are no longer fumbling over ourselves and can clearly see who is handling which email. It has added organization and accountability that was lacking on our team when it came to handling our main sales email account.

Cons

The analytics are easy but we don't use them very much.

A must have for Gmail!

The service has been great I was invited onto the Beta team for their IOS application which has really come along with their updates.

Pros

The shared inbox features are fantastic for teams using Gmail. The ability to add notes and assignments has really made our internal communication more efficient and effective. Anyone that has multiple teammembers and groups should have this service.

Cons

The product has been great for us. There are no negatives.

An essential tool in our business

Pros

We use Hiver to delegate tasks, share responsibility for customer-facing email accounts among on-site office staff and virtual assistants, and provide searchable history for customer communications across multiple parties. Hiver is the only solution we've found that's a G Suite add-on that meets our needs.

Cons

The mobile app is ok and has improved lately but there's still room for innovation there.

Hiver User for Life

HIVER has allowed my team to tackle a problem as a team. By sharing emails and folders, our clients receive immediate or very prompt responses from numerous persons on a team handling different aspects of a case. This is done in a coordinated, non-redundant or non-repetitive matter. It makes us efficient and profitable.

Pros

Its ease of use, integration with Gmail, customizable and easy settings for sharing folders.

Cons

I cannot share my contacts. This feature should be added.

Hiver Review

It has helped our communication in all departments, Quicker responses from clients via email and keeps us on track and collects data as well through out the day.

Pros

I Like how organized it is, the features are nothing compared to other softwares we have used at work. I can assign myself to the email and close it when it is taken care of. The notification on the top right corner are very helpful, it keeps all of us informed.

Cons

In the beginning when using this software there was a few minor glitches as in emails appearing again and again automatically. I'm glad that was solved.

Extremely useful, a little finicky

The usefulness just can't be beat, despite some challenges, it remains worthewhile

Pros

Hiver has a tremendous amount of useful functionality, specifically for a collective inbox setup. It integrates easily and intuitively with gmail and is easy to operate from the admin pannel

Cons

Customer support is responsive and friendly, but I've found challenges successfully communicating issues and solutions with them. Some of the automated trigger functions, which highly useful, can be a little too finicky to be fully reliable

Great email help

This program has been wonderful! Before Hiver it was very difficult to verify information that had been emailed between customers and employees, now were are able to see the emails and what was discussed so that everyone in the company is on the same page. It is also extremely helpful that you are able to see all the employees who responded to a specific email thread - this definitely helps with accountability issues (extremely helpful in a customer service setting).

Pros

The program allows for all employees to have access to the same information without sharing email passwords as long as the email is linked to Hiver.

Cons

Hiver was a bit tricky to use in the beginning, it takes some practice to get the hang of the program and how it works but it has been a definite help to us as users.

Hiver Review

Pros

Helps organize shared inbox and keeps members of company accountable for getting back to customers. No excuses for not seeing an email - Hiver makes it so easy to keep track of hundreds of daily emails!

Cons

I want customizable notification settings - I get emails assigned to me everyday and don't need that info but being able to see the times that a colleague @'s me will be super helpful and those seem to get lost in the notifications.