SendGrid Reviews

Pros

The cost benefit is very good and the free plan is very functional. It has excellent usability and performance and facilitates the management of multiple domains.

AF

ALEXANDER F.

The best part is the statistics you receive following an email campaign, you can view what % of users opened the email - superb for marketing.

It has a really good transactional API and the dynamic template is nice and easy to use. Ruby gem for SendGrid is good as well.

SK

Suman K.

Cons

I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything. This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

DK

Daniel K.

Service is terrible lodged a customer service request replied quickly with useless information then didn't hear from them for 4 days.

TB

Tony B.

When complaining to Sendgrid I spoke with several people who were empathic to my frustrations about the program no longer working as it should.

CW

Charles W.

Eddie L.

CEO

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

Transcript

Eddie L.: Hi, my name is Eddie, I'm the CEO, and I give SendGrid a five out of five. If you need more...

Simple Email Marketing Software

Transcript

Robert B.: Hello, my name is Robert. I am a digital marketing professional. My score for SendGrid is...

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

Pros

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime. The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns. From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

Cons

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like. On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites. Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

Pros

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

Cons

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp. To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop. On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

That's the best smtp software you can get for your buck

i would recommend sendrgrig to everyone my mum included. It's just the best smtp provider if you consider money and value

Pros

ok this is not a free software but you can get all you want: just smtp or stats and more.. what I really enjoyed was the stats service.. If you run an e-commerce you'll be familiar with the question: "did my customer got the email?" well with sendgrid you can actually answer that question. You'll have a full report and you can easily tell if your customer got the email or something went wrong. This is something just invaluable.

Cons

This is not a pricy software but you need to understand its value. if your business is not big enough maybe it will be hard to sustain. nevertheless i just can say this is the place to look even if you have a small business. unless you want to take the burden of handling smtp this software is just awesome.

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible,...

Pros

Free trial easy api integration cheap and good user interface

Cons

terrible support expensive hard to talk to someone

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros

1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

A full suite of rich marketing power.

We send thousands of 2-factor authentication emails out monthly with Sengrid and hundreds of marketing emails out each month. The flexibility in passing large volume of email data to a sending partner allowed us to focus on developing the areas we needed and leaving email marketing to Sendgrid.

Pros

Sendgrid have a full published API allowing for easy integration into any system you build. They have some super helpful guides online to get started and a whole host of customisable settings to ensure the product works for you.

Cons

The 30 day reporting period is quite limited and I wish this was closer to 90 days or longer.

This is a must-have.

They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Pros

Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Cons

The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

SendGrid Review 2021

Sendgrid helped us effectively manage our cold email outreach, supplying data in a very clear way for easy understanding. Sendgrid ensured we had an IP address and got our emails always delivered.

Pros

The most impactful feature of SendGrid for our business is data analysis of using both numbers and graphs to paint a very clear picture of the project performance. It is a very powerful tool we use for sending and managing emails campaigns, especially for cold email for marketing.

Cons

The most challenging part of using Sendgrid for us was the integration and setup process but the customer support and YouTube videos were very helpful.

Best email marketing tool for Small Business and Ecommerce sites.

Sendgrid helped us to reach our customers through accurate email delivery and monitoring system.

Pros

Subscriber engagement features, Accurate and Effective email delivery. Webform and API hooks.

Cons

Its pricing is High & on boarding process is difficult.

High potential

Has high potential, very secure with 2FA, limit the amount of templates you can have in each account and overall ok

Pros

Easy to use API, advanced features, relatively friendly and very secure with 2FA foreced on you and every user in the system

Cons

Customer support can improve significantly (didn’t reply to my ticket for more than 2 months, I had to approach the sales department for making sure my ticket is reviewed)

Effective Emailing tool

Excellent

Pros

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

Cons

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

Simplified email service

Pros

Our business application uses Sendgrid for various purposes, including notification, authentication, and transactional data. We migrated from a competitor that was draining our bank accounts and causing a slew of problems. The cost was a good match for our budget and objectives, and the send grid was a perfect fit for us. They provide some handy online manuals to get you started, as well as a variety of configurable options to make sure the device is suitable for you.

Cons

It requires greater adaptability and customization tools to be successful in the long run. I couldn't discover a method to adjust automatic track in UTMs; it can only be activated or deactivated, which isn't convenient. The integrating and installation procedure were the most challenging aspects of implementing Sendgrid for us. However, customer assistance and YouTube tutorials were beneficial.

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Pros

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks,...

Cons

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on...

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Pros

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Cons

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability...

If you're tight on the budget...

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Pros

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Cons

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS...

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Pros

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Cons

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

Pros

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

Cons

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

Best Transnational Email App

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Pros

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Cons

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Send Grid - Review

I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

Pros

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

Cons

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

We use Sendgrid for many things

It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Pros

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Cons

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Very simple

Pros

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Cons

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

HORRIBLE customer support

I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer...

Pros

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Cons

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Pros

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Cons

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

SendGrid Review

It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

Pros

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

Cons

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more. Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

Si tú eres el desarrollador y necesitas enviar correos o mensajes, esta es una gran opción.

En general cuando trabajo con sengrid hago las plantillas y solo agrego en código la llamada al api de sengrid para utilizar esas plantillas nuevas donde las necesito, o en su defecto entro en alguna plantilla para editar o cambiar el tamaño de texto o tipo de letra. Pero en general, una vez configurado todo, no hay que hacerle casi nada al código que maneja sengrid; es una sensación muy agradable el saber que si la implementación es la correcta (y documentada) no hay que volver a re trabajar en el proceso de envíos de emails.

Pros

La implementación en tecnologías como la son .net core y .net 4.5 es increíblemente amigable, no hay forma de que siguiendo el simple tutorial en la misma página web de sengrid puedas terminar confundido; simplemente agregas el nuget desde visual studio, agregas en tu código (o haces una clase genérica), las llaves necesarias que te proporcionan a través de tu perfil como más. Puedes agregar tu url y datos de empresa para evitar que tus correos terminen como spam en el correo de tus clientes. Además, la forma en que se pueden editar las plantillas y sustituir ciertos bloques del contenido por texto o algún otro dato que generes en código es también muy sencillo y cómodo.

Cons

En ocasiones la IU de la interfaz de la edición de las plantillas para en estado “Legacy” es lenta, y en algunos casos el generador de plantillas (el nuevo) se cofunde un poco en el orden de los componentes según se arrastran a la pantalla, pero con un poco de practica se le agarra el chiste.