SendGrid Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

It has a really good transactional API and the dynamic template is nice and easy to use. Ruby gem for SendGrid is good as well.
What I love the most about, Sendgrid emails is that they are not spammed when they reach their target's mail box and are always marked as important.
The built in tracking is quite nice and they make it very easy to configure. Knowing not only opens/clicks but unique values was great.
I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything. This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.
Service is terrible lodged a customer service request replied quickly with useless information then didn't hear from them for 4 days.
When complaining to Sendgrid I spoke with several people who were empathic to my frustrations about the program no longer working as it should.

Eddie L.

CEO

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

Transcript

Eddie L.: Hi, my name is Eddie, I'm the CEO, and I give SendGrid a five out of five. If you need more...

Robert B.

Founder

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Simple Email Marketing Software

Transcript

Robert B.: Hello, my name is Robert. I am a digital marketing professional. My score for SendGrid is...

Oscar C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros

1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Eddie L.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

Pros

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

Cons

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp. To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop. On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

PG

Pedro G.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible,...

Pros

Free trial easy api integration cheap and good user interface

Cons

terrible support expensive hard to talk to someone

MM

Morgan M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

SendGrid - Email Campaign Platform

Pros

I enjoy being able to easily create and customize email campaigns to fit the company's messaging and needs. It is easy to track metrics on how you're capturing your email audience, and how to make future changes.

Cons

There are only minor issues such as formatting a campaign, sometimes the platform isn't as responsive as I would like it to be but this is rare.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

We wanted to try using a new tool

Pros

The developers started using Sendgrid to confirm that the emails provided on the portals we created were valid ones. Later on, our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to blast emails and follow up on how our users interacted with the content we sent. We used to work on another software but we didn't use it's full package and we found it too expensive. So, we ended up switching to Sendgrid and it's doing a good job so far.

Cons

Not the easiest software to use to be honest. The visual of it is just too much information dispayed directly, can be very confusing at first.

Richard P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Not the best

I would have liked to continue with SendGrid since we spend time upfront in its implementation, but we simply could not continue once we came to the conclusion that it was simply not performing for us as well as other ESPs.

Pros

The pricing and implementation were easy enough but once we ran into some issues with email deliverability I felt like I had to school them on what to do.

Cons

It did not adapt to our needs, primarily deliverability.

ZAiN R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Does what it says on the box

My email deliverability and response rates have drastically improved due to customers receiving my transactional emails.

Pros

Integration is dead easy and the free tiers are fantastic for small businesses and to try out the software.The Marketing Campain feature is great.Documentation is comprehensive as well. The real time analytics and reporting is fantastic.

Cons

Payment issues and customer service response times are a bit of an issue.

Rodion M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Pretty good as an SMTP server

Pretty good as an SMTP server.

Pros

Easily integrates with a lot of other email marketing software, quite easy to set up, improves email deliverability.

Cons

The menu could be more straightforward. It also has a bug that the support team says they know about but don't fix for some reason, even though it seems to me like it's very easy to fix: when you're approaching your sending threshold for one day, SendGrid sends you alert messages saying that you've used up over 95% of your 'MONTHLY' sending limit even though it's only 'DAILY' sending limit. When it first happened to me, I got very confused and contacted the support that they told me they know about it. All that's needed is to change one word. Don't get confused as I did.

JJ

Juliet J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

SendGrid App: The Comprehensive Pros and Cons for This Email Marketing App

SendGrid's high email deliverability rates are one of its most impactful features. This is essential for ensuring that your emails reach your subscribers' inboxes. This app provides advanced analytics, including A/B testing, to help you optimize your email campaigns for better results. SendGrid's developer-friendly platform makes it easy to integrate with other products and build custom email applications.

Pros

SendGrid's dashboard is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy to set up and manage email campaigns. SendGrid provides advanced analytics to help you track email open and click-through rates, unsubscribe rates, and more. SendGrid has scalable pricing, which means that their pricing plans are based on the number of emails sent per month, making it easy to scale up or down depending on your needs.

Cons

SendGrid's automation features are not as robust as some other email marketing platforms. Its segmentation options are somewhat limited, which could make it challenging to create highly targeted email campaigns.

IC

Isha C.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

API based Email Solution

Pros

- Customizable market emails with an editor that works using drag and drop.- Better email delivery than other platforms as it has verification via API.- Scalable to match any number of emails.

Cons

- Pricing for pro plans is expensive for a limited number of emails, however, it gets affordable with the higher number of emails you sent.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reliable, high-bandwidth, and reasonably priced

Overall, SendGrid has been a very valuable asset for our company. Even when we are not fully using every available feature, it's never failed us at a crucial moment, and continues to be a reliable and reasonably priced solution for us.

Pros

Our help desk/support team skews more to the "client's industry specialist" side and less to the tech savant end. That being said, SendGrid continues to be simple to use tool for those that interact with it daily. Setup and further customizations have been simple, and over the course of 10 years, it has continued to prove its value with minimum service inturruptions.

Cons

Our team's only major complaint during our ensure using SendGrid was mostly when it was a less mature product. There were some shortcomings early on with the email marketing and contact management, but there has been considerable progress and improvements in almost all corners of their service and UI.

Paul C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

After 10 years - they banned by account without notice

I used the service for 10 years, sending telephone call receipts and email notifications from clients sites, not had any issues, then this last year clients started complaining about receiving emails at night. I thought that was odd, turns out that Sendgrid IP address was blacklisted, very expensive to upgrade to a dedicated IP address, so put up with the multitude of issues throughout the year - then last time complained about deliverability I then suddenly got an email to say "We have reviewed your account and have determined that Twilio’s services cannot support the content and/or nature of your business. " What an absolute JOKE, never host mission-critical email with these clowns - why suddenly an issue after 10 years! and why so careless suspend my account!

Pros

Basic SMTP - no really a lot to like in fact it's awful

Cons

We have reviewed your account and have determined that Twilio’s services cannot support the content and/or nature of your business. SLOW support

Andrew B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Pros

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Cons

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

SendGrid Review

It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

Pros

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

Cons

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more. Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

JB

JIll B.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Sendgrid Review

I have had many frustrating experiences working with this platform and spent more time using this then I would like to. I would likely not recommend this in comparison to other similar platforms like mailchimp.

Pros

The site is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are a lot of technical kinks that need to be worked out. Simple things like copy and paste, moving items around, etc. often do not work and will kick me out of the program. This often does not save my work even though it 'automatically' saves. Also, minor changes to specs often messes up the entire layout, causing me to have to start over. It would also be nice if you had the option to view emails from a browser, as we use this site for a newsletter and having the option to download this/upload a link to a website would be helpful.

MV

Martin V.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

API implementation is shaky and there are some 500s that you can't solve

After ending up on a 500 error from their server on a simple endpoint to create API keys on subusers, I made a support ticket. I had some answers at first and then the ticket stayed unanswered for 24 days, after which I went to Twitter to push them to answer me. They did answer me and told me to try using the API test tool to see if that would also produce the same 500. It did, it was now pretty clear that the error was on their side. 2 days later my ticket was simply deleted without any answer, I cannot see it in my list anymore. Despite asking them about it on Twitter again, nothing changed... I would strongly avoid Sendgrid if you're planning on using it for anything important.

Pros

If you use the most basic features of SendGrid, it will work and do what you need.

Cons

Don't use Subusers, ever! If you are a company who will need to rely on their subusers feature to provide services to your client, please don't, you're wasting your time and you're better off trying another provider that has the same type of functionality but that actually WORKS and is more simple. 500s left and right, endpoints that simply don't work, wrong documentation, ...

Abigail N.

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Pros

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks,...

Cons

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on...

Anatoly G.

Information Services,

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Pros

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Cons

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability...

bt

blake t.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used to be great but new API is both non functional and not supported at all

Currently we are extremely frustrated and disappointed with both the support and the product itself. I would leave tomorrow if we could.

Pros

Originally it gave us full visibility into our emails and helped us get much better tracking on who was receiving what and when. Important to know emails had been delivered as we deal with large numbers of payslips and emails for our clients.

Cons

Recently there's been a change with their new API which has been nothing short of woeful. We've had multiple clients either having emails not sent (where did they go?) or sending emails twice because they are getting incorrect feedback that the email hasn't been sent. (delivery report being wrong). This has been for invoices and payslips which are highly sensitive information to be missing or duplicated. It's...

MM

Matt M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Best Transnational Email App

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Pros

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Cons

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Abel B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

We use Sendgrid for many things

It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Pros

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Cons

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Vinay K S.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Good but pricy option for Transaction Emails and 3rd party SMTP

We use this for our learning website to validate emails and send course and account-specific notifications to the signed-up users and it is really a hassle-free tool.

Pros

Easy of getting startedGenerous Free TierSMTP

Cons

Pricing is on the higher side as compared to the competition

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Sendgrid - send mail easily

Overall I would say their service has been super reliable and mail delivery has been great.

Pros

SendGrid provide simple APIs to integrate with provide multiple programming language support for this. The service can scale and you get price reductions as you go up the tiers. There is also a legacy SMTP server option if you need to integrate older systems.

Cons

Until you reach the Pro plan you only have 3 days of logs available. This can be problematic when trying to troubleshoot issues and can sometimes force you onto a higher tier than you really need.

Esra K.

Awesome software!

We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Pros

We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Cons

Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

Alicia A.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything

We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Pros

My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc. I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Cons

I don't think I have any specific dislikes.