SendGrid Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

On the basis of our 0 out of 10 experience with Customer Support for a question that competitors answered successfully within days, they didn't win our business.

Lee G.

The best part is the statistics you receive following an email campaign, you can view what % of users opened the email - superb for marketing.

It has been a solid service. There have been a few times I've had to get in touch with customer service for some help, and they were responsive and helpful.

Cons

This is what they do when they decide you have violated their rules. They will not tell you what you did.

Michael B.

This has been for invoices and payslips which are highly sensitive information to be missing or duplicated. It's made us look like fools repeatedly and our clients are furious.

blake t.

We haven't had a response to urgent requests for over 4 days and our clients are furious.

blake t.

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros

1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

This is a must-have.

They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Pros

Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Cons

The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

Email Marketing & Delivery service that worth it

Affordable Email Marketing & Delivery tool with rich variety of integrations and customization.

Pros

Rich on functionality, flexible pricing plans, good deliverability rates, API

Cons

Marketing plans are mostly for the newsletters and it lacks the built-in CRM-like system. But it can be fixed by third-party platforms via integrations.

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible,...

Pros

Free trial easy api integration cheap and good user interface

Cons

terrible support expensive hard to talk to someone

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Pros

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Cons

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

SendGrid Review

It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

Pros

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

Cons

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more. Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

Sendgrid is great

Was great for sending transactional, automated emails. API integration with my app was a breeze.

Pros

Love the UI, the simplicity of the setup, the training / onboarding videos, and the ease-of-use. It's a great tool. Also, the visual template builder is great.

Cons

I ended up switching to Mailgun just to test things out - and honestly, they're both pretty amazing, but I stuck with Mailgun because (at least at the time I switched) they had a more generous "free" plan. Sendgrid is great though!

Send Grid Is Best For Email

Pros

Send Grid not only helps route emails though my site but it is very compatible with WordPress and is very reliable when getting my emails to send out to clients.

Cons

There have been a few times I have had to reconfigure my Send Grid Plugin to my site. I feel like there is a disconnect between the servers IP and the response from my WordPress site.

Great solution for sending compliant email campaigns

We wanted to send email blast campaigns and drip campaigns from Clickfunnels this was a great solution to use for our SMTP settings.

Pros

There are a few ways to take advantage of Sendgrid. Having an API to plugin to third-party apps is great or you can create a complete email campaign right in Sendgrid.

Cons

Setup can be a bit daunting if you are not familiar with mail protocols.

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

Pros

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

Cons

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Pros

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks,...

Cons

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on...

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Pros

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Cons

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability...

If you're tight on the budget...

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Pros

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Cons

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS...

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Pros

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Cons

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Best Transnational Email App

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Pros

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Cons

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Very simple

Pros

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Cons

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

HORRIBLE customer support

I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer...

Pros

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Cons

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

Long time customer with 15+ active accounts

SendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.

Pros

I've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month). The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature. I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.

Cons

While building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs. This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.

Si tú eres el desarrollador y necesitas enviar correos o mensajes, esta es una gran opción.

En general cuando trabajo con sengrid hago las plantillas y solo agrego en código la llamada al api de sengrid para utilizar esas plantillas nuevas donde las necesito, o en su defecto entro en alguna plantilla para editar o cambiar el tamaño de texto o tipo de letra. Pero en general, una vez configurado todo, no hay que hacerle casi nada al código que maneja sengrid; es una sensación muy agradable el saber que si la implementación es la correcta (y documentada) no hay que volver a re trabajar en el proceso de envíos de emails.

Pros

La implementación en tecnologías como la son .net core y .net 4.5 es increíblemente amigable, no hay forma de que siguiendo el simple tutorial en la misma página web de sengrid puedas terminar confundido; simplemente agregas el nuget desde visual studio, agregas en tu código (o haces una clase genérica), las llaves necesarias que te proporcionan a través de tu perfil como más. Puedes agregar tu url y datos de empresa para evitar que tus correos terminen como spam en el correo de tus clientes. Además, la forma en que se pueden editar las plantillas y sustituir ciertos bloques del contenido por texto o algún otro dato que generes en código es también muy sencillo y cómodo.

Cons

En ocasiones la IU de la interfaz de la edición de las plantillas para en estado “Legacy” es lenta, y en algunos casos el generador de plantillas (el nuevo) se cofunde un poco en el orden de los componentes según se arrastran a la pantalla, pero con un poco de practica se le agarra el chiste.

Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services

SendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).

Pros

Often web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).

Cons

With you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.

Best ESP provider so far

Yes for product I liked, for team, not so much.

Pros

We used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement. It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam. It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.

Cons

The support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.

Awesome software!

We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Pros

We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Cons

Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything

We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Pros

My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc. I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Cons

I don't think I have any specific dislikes.

We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!

They consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.

Pros

It sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.

Cons

SendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.

SendGrid is a reliable email platform.

I have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.

Pros

SendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.

Cons

Even if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.