BrowserStack Logo

BrowserStack

Automated web and mobile application testing platform

BrowserStack Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The customer support is just amazing -very responsive and professional in the way of communication.
The ease of use is fantastic and the amount you can test. Definitely helped with my learning of developing with QA in mind.
There are no Linux/Ubuntu devices available for testing. Also, it is a bit expensive for small companies that don't use it that often, but only once in a while.

BrowserStack users...

Sauce Labs-logocaret
listing-logo

Sauce Labs

LambdaTest-logocaret
listing-logo

LambdaTest

How would you rate BrowserStack?

Good Multiple Device Testing

Transcript

Mike: Hi, my name is Mike. I'm a lead handshaker, and I give BrowserStack a five out of five. For more...

If you're looking for a solid "cross-browser" testing tool, "Here it is" The best on the market..!

It saves my time and money. As a tester we can't afford each and every resources to test our applications. That is why I choose browserstack. It helps me to complete my executions without any issues. It helps me to build a better product without any bugs.

Pros

01. When we made a web app, we bring it through the cross-browser parallel testing plan. because we didn't have any inhouse resources to test it on multiple platforms with different browsers. It need more resources. But browserstack will do it for us. It is a life saver. 02. second thing is "live testing" and "UI's", It's very easy to use and very understandable. 03. They provide 1500+ real...

Cons

01. couple of times we had glitches on a testing devices. I think it's because of the connection issues. But it's not a big deal. 02. Response time is slower sometimes. It's also depend on your network connection.

Danny Finkelstein - BrowserStack Review

Overall I've been using this product at 3 different companies for the past 8 years and I've been satisfied with my experience. Theres always going to be things that I would love to see more of (but that goes to say with any SASS product I utilize). BrowserStack looking at ways to optimize the network tunneling and latency between the VMs and the local tunnel would be even more key as I see a lot of customers looking towards alternatives sometimes like Docker Compose for running more performant tests (at least for chrome).

Pros

BrowserStack is easy to get up and going. The documentation is fairly simple to use and the community support allows me to find answers promptly. The incremental improvements to the dashboard for reviewing automated tests have been helpful.

Cons

I would have to say that BrowserStack is just not ahead of the game when it comes to beta versions of new iOS upgrades or chromedriver and sometimes in the past (although I've seen this improve) were late in providing the newest iOS version for automation.

Effortless cross browser testing with benefits.

To sum up, BrowserStack is an amazing tool with a lot of features and possibilities. The documentation is vast, and customer support is helpful. I was using it for about a year and a half, and it significantly improved cross-browser and cross-device testing coverage with a slight increase in workload. However, all those advantages are connected with a quite high price. If a company can afford this tool - it will be a great added value. On the other hand, there are a couple of cheaper competitors on the market, so it is not necessarily the best choice. Everything depends on company needs.

Pros

First of all, BrowserStack is extremely easy to use! To start LiveApp testing it is enough just to use one small program, enter the BS website and the user is ready to go with his local tests, so there is no need to move your tests to an external server to run them. Users can select the browser and its version and all is immediately ready to be tested. Secondly, automation and parallelism are natively...

Cons

Unfortunately, BrowserStack is quite pricey, and not every company will be ready to pay for it. It comes with a lot of features, but it is more expensive than its main market competitors. Sometimes slowdowns and lags are noticeable - as it is an external tool, some delays must be taken into account.

An essential tool for front-end devs (when it works)

Cross checking responsiveness is a MUST for web design, but using this tool is close to a nightmare. It typically takes me 15-20 minutes just to get it working correctly, and I can't explain why sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Their chrome plugin and the desktop app seem to work in connection to each other, but how or why they work sometimes and not others is a complete mystery. Testing Localhost sites especially will give you a headache as the tech just isn't well designed for a good user experience.

Pros

- Uses actual devices and not emulators - A wide range of devices and sizes are available

Cons

- The Chrome extension works about one out of five times you try it - Lots of bugs in getting it to work, and often kicks you off the device for unknown reasons - The connection is slow, but to be expected with remote connection to a live device - Sometimes bugs still do not show on BrowserStack which I can see on my own device of the same type - Checking localhost sites is especially difficult to get working

review

Pros

cross platform/browser testing I like about this software

Cons

nothing specific I didn't like about this software

Easy to use and integrate, cross-browser and device test, parallel execution - Go with BrowserStack

Overall experience is good until now. We are happy with the parallel execution, easy configuration and integration features.

Pros

BrowserStack is very easy to use product. It was very easy to configure the tool with existing and new projects. We bought the license along with parallel execution which really helped in reducing the execution time.

Cons

There is nothing as such that we like least. We are supposed to used all the features that BrowserStack is providing.

Great platform for remote mobile test automation

Pros

This platform provides all needed features for mobile test automation on real devices. It has a good diversity of mobile devices. Also, it allows me to run automation on iPhone without the need to own a physical iPhone or macOS.

Cons

Until now I haven't found anything missing in this platform.

BrowserStack - Best set of browsers with cloud bases platform

Overall good option for cross browser testing with cross operating systems.

Pros

1. Wide range of options available for browsers with different set of Operating systems.

Cons

1. License is bit of expensive for small companies.

It's a great tool for cross browser testing as well as mobile automation testing.

Great tool overall.

Pros

User-friendly tool from both end user as well as admin perspective.

Cons

Rare outages. Bit slow when too many users working simultaneously.

BrowserStack - Multidevice Multibrowser Testing

Pros

The quick switch from one OS to another. The quick switch from a different version of browsers.

Cons

The complete service is more expensive respectively other, for examples: https://www.perfecto.io/

Save your time with BrowserStack

I would recommend this platform to all the developers who write codes, build websites but don’t have many devices or browsers available for testing. It is a real timesaver and a wonderful solution for developers. I recommend you to go for BrowserStack and increase the productivity of your team.

Pros

This platform is a real savior for developers: it saves a lot of time and resources. Maybe you don’t have all possible browsers installed on your PC or all possible devices at hand, but there is no need to worry. You can test your code on BrowserStack. The platform is very reliable, it is pleasant to know that it works without any glitches. In addition, the platform is being regularly updated, so you...

Cons

Sometimes it works a bit slow but I don’t think that the problem is connected with the platform, probably it depends on the internet speed. You can not test a few browsers at the same time. I would like to see this problem solved because browsers are many and it takes a long time to test the browsers one by one. BrowserStack suggests four plans but to my mind, all of them are expensive. I would like to see a cheaper platform.

The full web testing suite

We are testing our website projects against all browsers - operating systems and devices to fix errors, bugs and behavior. Without BrowserStack, testing on all those devices and browsers would be impossible to afford and maintain.

Pros

We are using BrowserStack to test our web applications on every platform there is and fix all bugs, design glitches, gestures etc. Having all those different devices, operating systems and browsers available is impossible. Thanks to BrowserStack not only we can test our websites on different browsers-platforms but we can document and verify everything using screenshots. The GeoLocation testing is very cool because we can test our websites which are available only in our country and need to know for sure if the website restricts user functionality for the rest of the world.

Cons

The plans that include Selenium which is of interest to us, are very pricey and it's difficult to afford if a company has low-budget websites on its list. For big companies that handle big projects with thousands of users these plans are affordable and a must-have especially for Single Page Applications and high-traffic websites.

Review from an administrator of BrowserStack

As Administrator my impression are good as like mentioned in pros section, the maintenance is not so high. One point that I think is a shame is the way the live testing seats are handled. Seats must be dedicated to users and they are underused.

Pros

- Configuration easy to build. - Little maintenance and support from administrator side. - Users and Teams of each project can easily use the system and get support. - Stability and functionalities.

Cons

- This system is good but not cheap. - Missing flexibility in managing Live testing seats. - Some of our Teams used specific framework which are not supported (Flutter for instance). - Need to rely on each Team to ensure follow up on what's executed on BrowserStack.

A Powerful Tool for Cross Browser Testing and Great Customer Service

The Browserstack team has been great. They worked one on one with our engineers to get up and running. They have listened to problems we are trying to solve and have come up with solutions that meet our needs.

Pros

Browserstack is easy to use and covers almost any OS/Browser combination you could possibly need for testing. The live version can be picked up and used by anyone on day one. My automation team was able to easily convert our Selenium scripts. If you need to test on real devices they offer that as well.

Cons

One user cannot be on multiple license types. We have automate pro and automate mobile licenses. For a user to move between them, you have to remove them from one license and add them to the other. Not a huge issue. We have mitigated this by separating duties, but for a smaller shop it could be an issue if you have more than one type of license.

BrowserStack to automate our mobile app tests

Pros

We leverage BrowserStack to automate our mobile app tests. It prevents us from having to manage our own on-premise device farm.

Cons

We have some problems integrating BrowserStack local inside a Docker container. GitHub issue already exists but has been open for a while without activity.

Good platform to scale web and mobile testing

No platform specific bugs missed anymore. We ended up on a few physical devices (while the rest of testing is on BrowserStack cloud) without loosing the quality of testing.

Pros

Ease of switching from local testing to testing in the cloud. Ability to group test results and generate basic reports. Ability to include test execution video in JIRA bug reports. Ability to re-start manual session with the same parameters as previous one.

Cons

Response time of their endpoints changes unpredictable over the day. That affects some testing, especially when we need to test some dynamic elements such as progress indicators in our mobile apps (that appear just for a few seconds so test cannot capture them opposite to local testing). Pretty complicated learning curve for newbees. When junior member joined my team, I needed to spend 3 hours explaining him basics about our test automation infrastructure built around BrowserStack.

PagBank reviewing BS

Most of the part we automate our UI testes with BS. So, it a crucial part of our daily development process. We also use BS to test our iOS application into several devices. Recently we discovered a bug in iOS 15 that was just solved because BS. Our MacOS's at the time were not updated with BigSur, so we were incapable to install our application with iOS 15 (because of Xcode). So BS come to our rescue and we could test, debug and delivery our app without the bug. In overall, my experience with BS is really great! Nothing to proclaim!

Pros

I like the most in BS is the easiness to use. It is quite simple to build our application and test in n devices. It is also fantastic how easy is to use another devices and the amount of different devices (in iOS mostly) turn our tests and even find some bugs a lot easier. We in PagBank are loving using BS to test our product and to guarantee a great software to our customers.

Cons

I think that BS need to provide new devices for Android platform. Here in Brazil we have a lot of devices that is most common use in our customers base, but we can't find theses devices in BS. I also like to ask you guys a better responsiveness about the bug that we sent to you! It is quite annoying not getting a answer about the problem.

Amazing range of browser-device combinations with a price

We are using Browserstack for automated regression tests and manual tests alike. Like i said in the pros its really easy to find almost any common device and trying to replicate whatever strange bugs your customers find without having to keep a massive inventory of devices!

Pros

It is super easy to spin up any device you want in a matter of a few minutes, be it iOS, Android, Windows, Mac or even Windows Phone. And its not only the ammount of devices, also the choice of browsers and their versions amazes me! Once you are connected, the browser is already open or in the process of opening and yo can start working on whatever you want. While the quality of the transcoding ranges from ok to good, the speed and stability was really great during all the tests i did! The local testing plugin helps tremendously and is a breeze to install and activate and it's staying activated so you dont have to think about which part of my testing infrastructure can browserstack reach twice.

Cons

There are no real error message when a session ends, sometimes it feels randomly, sometimes you have the feeling that the device just crashed but it could very well just be that someone from the team just spun up a new device and went over your quota. In general the most aggrevating thing is if you double click on a mac window, it is minimized but so far i havent found a way to undo it othe than opening a new window, which can be tedious depending on what you are testing. I tried to convince my old company to get Browserstack but it was declined because of the pricing and also in my current company we would need more licenses than we currently have to work without interruptions but don't get them because of pricing.

BrowserStack and Automation intergration

Brilliant, we used the videos for training documentation, and find that it opens the door to having a solid compatibility matrix and the real devices are brilliant for ensuring that the solution does work in all manner of landscapes.

Pros

For our Project working with BAT, we needed a software solution that could test multiple platforms, in parallel against 17+ different sites in many different languages. What I LOVED (and have used Browser Stack many times before) it enables our company to quickly tests against all manner of operating system and mobiles / tablets to give our client confidence in the software solution / environments we have provided.

Cons

The Cost of using Browser Stack can get a little pricey, but for what you get in return, I believe it's well worth it.

Test without having 1000 devices

We have been using Browser stack for a number of years. Still seems to be the best, most cost effective tool on the market. Good for the tester to check possible issues before each of our software releases and to report back to the developers.

Pros

Easy to swap between devices for testing on different browsers on different devices. Gives a good idea of what things will look like (not always perfect but very close), price is excellent and they are always adding new device and browser combinations. We like the support of what might be considered defunct or out of support devices and browsers as 5% of our market still uses these. Great for testing old versions of Internet Explorer too. Allows us to quickly test and check reports of issues from users on our range of in house solutions and systems.

Cons

Not always 100% accurate to the device/browser mix. We sometimes need to grab a device just to check when the issue cannot be replicated. This is only a couple of times a year.

Good Tool for Testing app on different devices and platform.

Main Problem for testing apps is Limited set of devices in inventory. BrowserStack removes this hurdle by providing developers, testers a platform where they can test apps on multiple devices. It was very difficult to have different sets of iOS devices as they are very expensive and also their simulators are working on only mac machines. But with BrowserStack one can test apps in real environments. It provides the same features like real devices with pre installed apps. You can also debug consoles to find any errors. Hence really handy and useful. So I would recommended BrowserStack if you want to don't spend extra money on different devices. You can choose BrowserStack and be relax as you don't need to worry about theft :-)

Pros

Variety of devices. Testing in Real Environment. Easy to manage with team. Easy to start and stop Sessions. Easy to install Applications from different platform. Love that they have Test-flight options separately Error handling becomes easy using console. Cost Saving as user don't need to buy multiple devices.Especially iPhones and iPads

Cons

There were few issues I came across. Sometime Setting app from iPhone didn't work. You need to close session and restart again. Subscription cost is little on higher side as compared to competitors But it's worth. Power consumptions is more. Some time its get slow. User has to restart session.

Provides a variety of browsers that may be difficult to cover in a regular test environment

We found BrowserStack to be great for some devices that we didn't have physical access to for budget or difficulty acquiring. This was particularly useful for some older iPhones.

Pros

Browserstack's focus is to provide a large amount of unique browsers (and device environments for Android and iOS) to allow for large scale testing on web apps to ensure they work reliably in all situations. We found this to be very useful for ensuring the rarer (but still very important) devices were covered during our testing of web apps (particularly on older iPhones). Its website and API provide easy ways to access these devices and with an automated setup this becomes very powerful.

Cons

Some latency testing could be unreliable in certain configurations on mobile apps. Although this feels like it was more of a problem with how our software was originally designed. We eventually solved most of these issues but it added confusion.

Best platform for Cross Browser & Device Automation Testing

We are getting the list of legacy and latest browsers / devices easily to verify the application compatibility.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with all Automation Framework

Cons

It dosent have SMS Function or Mobile Carrier service option

A Real Game Changer in Website Development

We've used BrowserStack for several years while building websites. Our clients trust that we are going to be able to test their website before it launches because of BrowserStack.

Pros

BrowserStack is a life saver in website development, so our team can test across all browsers for desktop, tablets, and all mobile devices. It also helps us to be able to replicate issues that clients may see, even if we don't have their device.

Cons

We can currently only have one user logged into BrowserStack at a time. There may be an upgraded plan for more users.

One stop for all testing roadblocks

Pros

In the old days, it was rather hard and time consuming to test and upload any Dev changes unless it has been thoroughly tested and ensured all across all platforms. The tricky part was not to test but the availability of these devices and platform to make life simpler for a QA team. With browser stack you can span across OS and browser and even test your app without relying on multiple tester. It has ensured it has covered all the basics as well as cope up with the increasing demand of new OS and browser that people look forward to use and ensure a bug free product

Cons

Since this is one of its kind product it is hard to find a drawback with it