Domotz Logo

Domotz

Network Monitoring & Management in an IoT World.

Domotz Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.75/10

Reviews by rating

API enables integration with other platforms with ease, and the customer service is excellent. I can't recommend the product highly enough for the enthusiast/prosumer and for professional use.
Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient.
The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature.
The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.
I haven't even tested all the possibilities. How can I already miss something.

Wesley P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, widespread fuctions and A+++ service

I have been using Domotz for years now, on the rare ocasions that I needed support they were fast to respond and able to resolve my issue.

Pros

Once it's setup, it's easy to use and required no maintenance. Whenever you need to change something and do require support, they react fast and won't stop to assist you untill your issue is resolved.

Cons

No cons or issues really, everything is working as desired.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

An outstanding network monitoring tool!

Pros

I have been using Domotz for over a year, I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the service and the fact that features are constantly improving.First, I like the UI very much, it's clear and smooth.Features to be considered:A complete device list with,- much information about the device- ways to connect to- customizable alerts- SNMP monitoring- TCP monitoring- System informationNetwork...

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is that its price has gone up 2x since I started using it. The increase is not huge, but we don't like price increases.

Edward M.

Utilities, self-employed

Domotz Pro - All the features you need

Pros

Low time to value. Setup was quick and easy and the process well thought though. SaaS based solution with the only local installs being the agents.

Cons

Cost could be prohibitive for small organisations or for private use.

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

Pros

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the...

Cons

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

SC

Shane C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Domotz is part of the team now!

This has allowed us to deliver a more proactive service to our customers as well as expand our service offering to things that require more visibility to the network. Overall this has been a great choice and I expect we will continue to expand the use of Domotz.

Pros

The architecture and licensing are simple – one device per site is all you have to worry about. There are many ways to host the agent, but the Domotz Box is a fantastic way to keep things simple – plug and play. It integrates with our PSA, alerting and documentation platforms, which is fantastic. The ability to see what is on a client’s network, whether we manage it or not, is very helpful. Also being able to access those devices without remote access to a PC on site makes life so much easier. It’s a well thought out and effective solution. Most importantly, the support experience has been fantastic. Although I haven’t needed too much in that regard, the few times I have contacted support resulted in very prompt response and resolution. That’s priceless.

Cons

Getting the hardware (Domotz Box) has been a been challenging, but that’s a distribution problem in Canada – I’m sure it’s no problem in the US. Thankfully there are other ways to host the agent. Things are not entirely intuitive at first, but like many things, once you figure out how it’s put together, it makes sense. Some of the integrations are paid, so those costs do add up.

TD

Torsten D.

Photography, 1-10 employees

A great and easy to use monitoring platform

I have a great experience using Domotz including the support that does a really good job with precise and fast responses.

Pros

Domotz has a very friendly user-interface, it has a web-app and a mobile-app, both offering support for dark mode. It recognizes new devices immediately with sending a push notification to the mobile devices, so that in case of an unauthorized access the necessary steps can be taken. I am using the platform since 2016 and since then it has been continuously being enhanced with new features. Domotz...

Cons

Nothing, Domotz offers all necessary functions for monitoring a network.

DH

Dan H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

An invaluable service for small business

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Pros

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Cons

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that. With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum: https://community.domotz.com/topic/1034-tcp-tunnel-vnc-client-to-connect-to-vnc-servers/

jh

jonathan h.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Pros

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Cons

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Pros

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

The perfect monitoring agent

Pros

Domotz does what it says on the box and is extremely robust and reliable. Perhaps the most important thing is that their support is second to none and is prompt, easy to understand and solves the problem every time without fail.

Cons

The only con is that sometimes it is hart to find things again after revisions, but, as an evolving piece of technology the new features usually outweigh this

GR

Greg R.

Domotz PRO

Supporting a network in another city 700 km away means I can't just get in a car to go and reboot a server. Domotz has never failed in allowing me to sort out emerging problems. I get alerted if a new device gets added to the network or when important devices disappear or go offline. Network issues can be monitored and corrected before they become a problem.

Pros

The agent is very simple to configure and this has improved significantly over the years I have been using the product. I seem to recall downloading the software and running install scripts in the early days but current versions can be installed via the SNAP Store for ultimate simplicity and ease of setup. Once installed, a browser is needed to access the agent to configure it to connect to the Domotz cloud. From then on, everything can be configured and accessed from the Domotz apps, anywhere, anytime. The Domotz apps on desktop and iPad offer the same views and actions making it very easy to administer networks.

Cons

Sometimes the speed of operations appear to be slower than I would like however taking into account the scale of complexities that go into providing a secure tunnel between networks across the Internet it is a reasonable compromise.

JH

Joel H.

Rock Solid Product & Easy to Use

The business issue we solved was time. The time it took to send a technician out to the field to fix an issue that could be remotely corrected via Domotz. In a small business, that time saved equates to time and profits.

Pros

This list is so long about what I like about this product. The best way I can explain is the time it has saved my company and technicians from requiring to roll a truck to a job site for service. We have been able to fix 99% of the things that happen remotely.

Cons

Honestly, there is not anything I have found about this software or product that I dislike.

SP

Shawn P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best monitoring tool ever.

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Pros

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Cons

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

KN

Krzysztof N.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Mature network monitoring solution

After four years of using this solution I have got only good impression.

Pros

Easy to configure. Easy to use. Transparent network presence. Great user interface. Many installation options. Available for any platform.

Cons

Sometimes needs a little bit more attention during reconfiguration of existing appliance.

DN

Darren N.

Great Network Monitoring/Mapping software for MSPs and IT professionals

Allowing us as a growing MSP to focus on our customers and allow Domotz to look after and monitor the network. Really good to have a client side alert as well that allows them to look at alerts if required. Had most of the features we were looking for when refreshing our RMM portfolio, including sync and simplification of the data between other tools

Pros

Great, simple to use features allowing us to quickly setup our core network monitoring for new clients. Integration with our other MSP tools such as Autotask, Hudu and Unifi/Ubiquiti Network mapping - a part of a product we have been looking for but without the cost of others that we have previously used

Cons

More costly integration (per agent) for Autotask than we would like

RG

Rodolfo G.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Excelent Network Management tool

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

JW

Jörgen W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Network Assistent

Very great experience, Ive decided to use this on all my network install

Pros

The quick setup and the way the agent scan the entire network and gives me information about where all units are connected and also what type og things that are on the clients net.

Cons

Sometimes the agent can't detect all products, that leads to manual work of detecting the items.

Adnan M.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bomotz as a home user

I loved it. It’s a wonderful and well thought of product for home and enterprise use.

Pros

Best part of this solution is the mobile app and realtime notifications.

Cons

Solution must also have the capability to analyze traffic (network flows) and report trends and anomalies. Licensing should be based on the deployment scale instead of features.

MB

Mel B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Cons

The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

BS

Brad S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

We use this every day and love it!

Pros

We love how easy this product is to use and deploy.

Cons

We have not found anything yet that we genuinely dislike.

AH

Alan H.

Public Safety, self-employed

Domotz

Pros

Easy to use , works on multiple devices would recommend

Cons

None really its a really good application and solution to my requireements

YV

Yuri V.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Perfect tool to take control over the network

Pros

I do not have to be classic system administrator to start using Domotz. Clear interface, web and iOS app lets me know what happens in my network. Agent on Raspberry Pi works just perfect

Cons

did not found yet, for my company need works well

Craig P.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Domotz is a great tool

Domotz makes monitoring my networks a breeze. I like getting automatically notified when important devices go offline as well as when new devices join the network.

Pros

Great alerting and notifications and very easy to set up. The interface is very easy to use and the integration with my Synology made the setup simple.

Cons

The partner integrations are nice but not super useful.

ha

halion a.

works great

it has been great, support is very responsive and happy to help

Pros

easy to deploy, clean interface, cost effective

Cons

configure multi vlans can be a bit tricky

OR

Olivier R.

Support

Pros

Security and Support by distance, I use a lot

Cons

Please ease the way to manage/clean alerts especially upnp alerts