Domotz Logo

Domotz

Network Monitoring & Management in an IoT World.

Domotz Reviews

5.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.83/10

Reviews by rating

API enables integration with other platforms with ease, and the customer service is excellent. I can't recommend the product highly enough for the enthusiast/prosumer and for professional use.
The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.
If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start.
I haven't even tested all the possibilities. How can I already miss something.

SP

Shawn P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best monitoring tool ever.

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Pros

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Cons

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Pros

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

KN

Krzysztof N.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Mature network monitoring solution

After four years of using this solution I have got only good impression.

Pros

Easy to configure. Easy to use. Transparent network presence. Great user interface. Many installation options. Available for any platform.

Cons

Sometimes needs a little bit more attention during reconfiguration of existing appliance.

WV

William V.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Works great for our Use

Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Pros

The ability to remote into any system on our network Alerts when there are issues Ability to run in a VM

Cons

Can only scan a /24 network Monthly Fee :)

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform! Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. (support@domotz.com) Thanks again!

Samuel C.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Pros

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians, keeps track of all the company network products in order. It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures, the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time! Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Cons

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

GS

Greg S.

Domotz - Is good!

Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts. It has changed the way we offer customer service.

Pros

I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing. They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

Cons

The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

NR

Niclas R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Pros

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Cons

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

DL

David L.

Domotz

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on. 3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Cons

1. In application support links would be beneficial 2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day 3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

WH

Wayne H.

Fantastic for small MSP

The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users. The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it. Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic. I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly. All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Pros

Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature. Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Cons

The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support. But each release seems to get better and better.

Clayton P. B.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

"Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making"

Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant. Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily. While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Pros

Easy Deployment/Setup Intelligent Design/UI/UX Detailed Insights Easy to Manage Global view of issues Network Topology - the greatest thing ever Amazing support team

Cons

If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

CF

Christopher F.

Hospitality, self-employed

Domotz for remote administration

Fast, easy, and stable

Pros

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

Cons

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

DN

Darren N.

Great Network Monitoring/Mapping software for MSPs and IT professionals

Allowing us as a growing MSP to focus on our customers and allow Domotz to look after and monitor the network. Really good to have a client side alert as well that allows them to look at alerts if required. Had most of the features we were looking for when refreshing our RMM portfolio, including sync and simplification of the data between other tools

Pros

Great, simple to use features allowing us to quickly setup our core network monitoring for new clients. Integration with our other MSP tools such as Autotask, Hudu and Unifi/Ubiquiti Network mapping - a part of a product we have been looking for but without the cost of others that we have previously used

Cons

More costly integration (per agent) for Autotask than we would like

JP

Jayce P.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Great and simple

I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Pros

The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Cons

It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one. Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

LD

Lello D.

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it! Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone. I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations)....

Remigiusz G.

Executive Office, self-employed

Best value for money with stellar support!

We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

Pros

The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

Cons

This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!

Wesley P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, widespread fuctions and A+++ service

I have been using Domotz for years now, on the rare ocasions that I needed support they were fast to respond and able to resolve my issue.

Pros

Once it's setup, it's easy to use and required no maintenance. Whenever you need to change something and do require support, they react fast and won't stop to assist you untill your issue is resolved.

Cons

No cons or issues really, everything is working as desired.

DS

David S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

How could we ever live without the Domotz-Solution?

With the Domtoz-Box I monitor all endpoints via one interface over all locations. I always know which devices need attention. So I also can support ALL devices via the portal. From PCs to our surveillance cameras and servers. The most important feature is the push notification to my smartphone. This is more than perfect.

Pros

I was sceptical because I could not imagine what the Domotz box could do for us. After the first test, I immediately signed up for the Premium Subscription and gained a whole new freedom. The features are enormous. I save so much time.

Cons

I haven't even tested all the possibilities. How can I already miss something?

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

The perfect monitoring agent

Pros

Domotz does what it says on the box and is extremely robust and reliable. Perhaps the most important thing is that their support is second to none and is prompt, easy to understand and solves the problem every time without fail.

Cons

The only con is that sometimes it is hart to find things again after revisions, but, as an evolving piece of technology the new features usually outweigh this

Christopher B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Two years later and I am still a satisfied Domotz user!

Pros

Domotz has been a life-saver on several occasions, when a device or server has gone down and it has immediately notified me. Or when a device was not stable and I could see it flapping. It is amazing software!

Cons

It did take some time to discover and configure all of the devices, and you do need a host machine to run the software. But it is well worth it!

PO

Paul O.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Excellent monitoring software

It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

Pros

I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Cons

Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

RG

Rodolfo G.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Excelent Network Management tool

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

JW

Jörgen W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Network Assistent

Very great experience, Ive decided to use this on all my network install

Pros

The quick setup and the way the agent scan the entire network and gives me information about where all units are connected and also what type og things that are on the clients net.

Cons

Sometimes the agent can't detect all products, that leads to manual work of detecting the items.

Daniel E.

Consumer Electronics, self-employed

Domotz For Prosumer/Enthusiast

I’ve been using Domotz for around 2 years. The product has enabled me to set up comprehensive monitoring and alerting of my home network and extensive home automation set up with ease.

Pros

A full-featured monitoring solution with an excellent web and mobile app, the integration with Ubiquiti network kit(including the capability to power cycle PoE devices) and it's VPN capabilities enable you to respond to issues through one unified interface. API enables integration with other platforms with ease, and the customer service is excellent. I can't recommend the product highly enough for the enthusiast/prosumer and for professional use

Cons

Very little not to like, whilst on the expensive side for personal / enthusiast usage - you very much get what you pay for.

TH

Tod H.

Domotz Box

Very satisfied. Easy to deploy options, easy to use, wealth of information. Support has been very acceptable and response.

Pros

Ease of deployment. Ease of use. Wealth of options. I'm an early adopter, I've used the Domotz Box from the get go. However, they have easy to deploy using Raspberry Pi, Synology, Windows or Linux. VPN and RDP are awesome. Continued expansion of support for specific network attached gear.

Cons

Not much ... does what I need it to do. I'm disappointed that they removed the Lite version for home/personal use, that was way affordable for the individual user.

JS

Jeffrey S.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Home and Remote User

GREAT software to let me know when something is down.

Pros

Easy to use and setup for a NON Professional. I'm NOT a Big Company just a single Synology user that has Units out of state.

Cons

NONE for myself, does WAY more than I use it for.