Domotz Pro Reviews

Domotz Pro

Remote Network Monitoring & Management in an IoT World.

Domotz Pro

Review Summary

Nick K.

Maybe my favorite feature is how it discovers all the devices on the network and does an amazing job of identifying them. Also the remote device connection feature is worth its weight in gold.

Brannon Y.

jonathan h.

Jayce P.

Matthieu H.

Tim G.

5.0

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Pros

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Cons

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Proactive Monitoring

Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Pros

Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations. Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Cons

We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Pros

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Cons

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

Must have MSP Tool

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Pros

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Cons

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

Great Software

I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Pros

While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Cons

Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

Great for SMB

I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm. All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system. All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Pros

Very simple Scalable, even for not so small businesses Great and quick support

Cons

Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Pros

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Cons

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

Domotz

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on. 3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Cons

1. In application support links would be beneficial 2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day 3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Domotz for remote administration

Fast, easy, and stable

Pros

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

Cons

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

Excelent Network Management tool

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

Best monitoring software I've found so far!

Overall, I love this monitoring software! I helped me identify a down device (it had become locked) when I was away. Paid for itself already. I'm a big fan!

Pros

I've been looking for a long time for a small / home office monitoring software. I finally found a great solution that installs as an agent--I put it on my NAS--that discovers all wired/wireless devices and monitors their uptime. It can tell me if they are up or down, lose heartbeat, etc. It can also be "tuned" for those devices that might be a bit less "stable", sometimes losing their connections at night. You can designate connections as Important (always on) or Roaming (like a laptop that might not always be there). It has mobile (iPhone or Android) apps, plus can be run via Mac or PC apps. Alerts are sent via app or email. I have nearly 100 devices registered, and it works great! I'll be sticking with it!

Cons

None of these were deal breakers for me. First, you need to install an agent locally: some people may prefer agentless monitoring via a third-party / cloud solution, but I have found the quality is lower in this case. Second, it is tedious at first to set up every device's attributes (is it a router or laptop, do you want alerts or not), but this is necessary to have it work properly. Third, it didn't...

An invaluable service for small business

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Pros

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Cons

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that. With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum: https://community.domotz.com/topic/1034-tcp-tunnel-vnc-client-to-connect-to-vnc-servers/

Great Product

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Pros

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Cons

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations. We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Pros

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found. Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before. Growing list of integration partners. Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Cons

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Pros

It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Cons

It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

DomotzPro

Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls.... We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

Pros

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them! If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement . It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

Cons

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

The best monitoring tool ever.

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Pros

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Cons

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Pros

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Works great for our Use

Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Pros

The ability to remote into any system on our network Alerts when there are issues Ability to run in a VM

Cons

Can only scan a /24 network Monthly Fee :)

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform! Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. (support@domotz.com) Thanks again!

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Pros

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians, keeps track of all the company network products in order. It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures, the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time! Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Cons

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Domotz - Is good!

Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts. It has changed the way we offer customer service.

Pros

I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing. They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

Cons

The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

Fantastic for small MSP

The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal. You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users. The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it. Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic. I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly. All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Pros

Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature. Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Cons

The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support. But each release seems to get better and better.

Great and simple

I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Pros

The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Cons

It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one. Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it! Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone. I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations)....

Cons

Best value for money with stellar support!

We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

Pros

The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

Cons

This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!