LogicMonitor Reviews

4.7/5 (37 reviews)

Sean Fretenborough

When Cloud Monitoring Makes Sense

Reviewed 2016-02-15

At this time I am on v.71 with Collectors at version 20. I began using LogicMonitor around 2 years ago. It was one of the best "outsourcing" decisions we have made. Now have nearly 550 nodes in our environment and a countless number of stock and custom datasources we are alerting on utilizing a range of collection types including SNMP, WMI, Groovy, and Powershell. We previously used OpManager and had considered SolarWinds (I used it in a previous enterprise and was very happy with it). In the end, there were a couple factors that lead us to LM and kept us there. First, we are a very lean shop, and the manpower cost of standing up a new monitoring platform along with maintaining yet another machine, while minimal, was going to take time and that was a consideration. Second, we had a lot of stuff we wanted to monitor on each server and a bunch of product owners we wanted to have the ability to monitor thier products, the way they measured that didn't work against us. Finally, we wanted a way to monitor both internally and externally since we ourselves are a SAAS provider. LM satisfied all three. When we first came on board, they were reasonably new, and the turnaround time on custom datasources was minimal. I guess they are a victim of their own success, my one and only criticism is that now the turnaround on datasources is measured in months not hours. Otherwise, they are hitting on all cylinders. Their java collector is lightweight and can handle a good deal of throughput, I myself have between 100-150 nodes on my larger collectors with 1-minute collection on most datapoints. They have been in a positive development cycle over the past 18 months as they rolled out a new UI for not only for their App but their support site as well. I like how they did some hand holding for us "old timers" who had grown used to the utilitarian and direct legacy UI. They let us run that if we chose to, but introduced new dashboard and service elements in the new UI only, giving us more carrot than stick to make the leap. They are continuously improving their interface, especially their dashboards, giving us the ability to embed third party graphs (in our case some New Relic APM elements) into their layout. I am hoping they will allow us to soon provide a way to embed our LM dashboards into other iframes or share out directly. As a whole, the product is barely recognizable as it was when we came on board, yet every bit as functional with certain elements such as bulk alert tuning and multi-instance management providing even more. They have released a native iPhone application, it is good for alerting, however they have a good way to go to make it more usable overall. If they do to it what they have done to the web portal, it will be amazing. As it stands, our entire department has the application loaded and peek at it throughout our off hours, acknowledging alerts that we may not have seen yet because of the way our escalation rules have been written. It gives us some advance notice to spot a trend from other departments before it lands on our laps. The escalation rules and who they go to are fully tweakable as well as how users get alerted (email, sms, phone call). We have even begun alerting automation scripts to fire off on certain alert types. They have listened to their customers and continue to act on our needs. When renewals come up, there is no debate that we will keep them. They have become an embedded resource and so long as they keep performing at this level they will remain there.Their drive to improve the product! It's hands down the nicest evolution of a product over a short span I have seen. Their product is continually getting enhanced, new datasources are being added to the library, new features into their mobile app and new content in their training sessions. I spoke to many of their pro's in the review, but their continuous improvement cycle is truly impressive. I also want to give a special shout-out to the help-desk for helping me out of many datasource woes.

Robert Bermingham

LogicMonitor is a great choice!

Reviewed 2016-02-03

When we approached our monitoring project, we evaluated a number of different solutions. We'd been using Solarwinds for several years and we simply felt that it wasn't the right product for us. That isn't to say that Solarwinds isn't a good product! We used it significantly over the years but we needed something that fit us as an overwhelmed and understaffed IT Team better. We are a small company of about 250 employees and 5 offices across the US and many remote employees around the world. When we came upon LogicMonitor, it was clear that this was a different product and company. They were incredibly helpful during our evaluation and even allowed us to extend our trial period for longer than I am comfortable specifying (more embarrassing to me that our eval took so long). There are many factors that led us to choose LogicMonitor, but some of the biggest are: - Ease of Use: "Out of the box", they recognize and monitor so much of what we use, including the smaller vendors. If they don't recognize something, it is a fairly simple process to request that they add it to their software. Needless to say, this saves us a ton of time! In addition to recognizing the devices, they automatically add a set of monitors that they feel are the most important, but also give you the ability to easily disable what you aren't interested in or add additional monitors if they don't support something you wish to monitor. - SaaS: We knew we wanted something that could provide both internal and external monitoring, AND be available for our technicians, wherever they were. The lone drawback to their model is the number of internal servers required to monitor everything we wish to. For our main office, we needed to deploy a second server to complement the first because we were monitoring so much stuff. A very small price to pay for the ease of use and administration for the platform. - Price: Unlike many other vendors, LogicMonitor doesn't charge you per monitor, they only charge for the device. For example, in other products, a 48-port switch could use up 100+ monitoring licenses to monitor all ports and all of the critical switch functions. Logicmonitor only charges you 1 license to monitor the switch and you can have (I believe) an unlimited number of monitored items within that switch. For a smaller company like ours, cost is definitely a large factor and LogicMonitor was definitely a leader in this category. There are a lot of other factors that I could go into, but I'd rather not write a novel. Suffice to say that if you are in the market for a new monitoring solution, I HIGHLY recommend that you look into LogicMonitor. I'm confident that you will come away impressed and they will immediately become one of your top choices to implement!Many of them mentioned above.

Anonymous

Deeper insight into node performance, faster response to issues

Reviewed 2018-06-21

- Easy to use, easy to setup. - Dashboards are easily configured and look professional - LogicModule Exchange allows for community sharing of DataSources - Support team is incredibly responsive.

Ben Baynton

Really helps monitor

Reviewed 2018-03-31
Review Source: Software Advice

excellent detection of new devices on the network, and easy problem resolution. It's definitely reduced the number of bandwidth issues we have.q

Sachin Pande

Network Monitoring Systems cannot get better

Reviewed 2018-04-14
Review Source: Software Advice

It's like a black hole, the more you try to understand it the more it gets complex. Keep it simple while you are configuring as it's simple and dont try to get into too much depth. Documentation, technical support are always there to help you if configuring gets on your nerves. Thumbs up on that. But a detailed monitoring about CPU, memory utilization so little as to temperatures and fans are also provided. Protocols supported: OSPF, BGP etc.

Gavin Lau

Company use it for base services / network / servers monitoring.

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Easy to use, user interface is clean and friendly. Allow one license to screen all your VM guest within a host, so you don't need additional licenses for individual guests.

Robin Rajan

Best Decision for Network Monitoring

Reviewed 2018-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

It is so easy to configure and use, though it can be daunting if you get too deep, too quickly. But the documentation and support will always come to your rescue quickly.

Mike Dieter

Outstanding; Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 2015-08-10

Our use case is centered on routers, switches, wlan and other infrastructure hardware components of the service-delivery stack as opposed to servers, applications, etc. Based on LogicMonitor's performance to-date, I would fully expect that we will expand its role. In selecting LogicMonitor, we heavily weighted factors related to administrative overhead and convenience. On both counts LogicMonitor gets the highest marks: 1)We no longer spend time installing a bloated monitoring application on a server (physical or otherwise) or fighting to upgrade any part of the application's components. 2)We no longer spend time sustaining remote access mechanisms that make it cumbersome to view our monitoring data...wherever and whenever that data is needed, a browser is all that is required. I highly recommend LogicMonitor as a source of powerful and valuable insight that can be leveraged to maximize the ROI of your IT service-delivery stack.-Relatively low-effort administration -Exceptionally convenient -Extensive "Out-of-Box" definitions supporting a wide range of vendor product families -Well-thought UI -Time spent with LogicMonitor is time learning about the status of your IT Operations, not time spent fighting with a balky, uncooperative monitoring application

Anonymous

A simple to use, monitoring system that pretty much does it all

Reviewed 2018-09-13

We needed a system to report and alert on our infrastructure, which LogicMonitor has delivered on.Its ease of use, along with its mobile app make this a great monitoring system.

Craig Trochinski

Monitoring Made easy

Reviewed 2016-12-09

I work for an MSP Logic Monitor has greatly simplified our monitoring issues, with the ability to place a collector anywhere and that doesn't require a VPN tunnel back to our office it has reduced our firewall maintenance cost greatly. The built it SNMP mib library has saved us countless hours trying import MIBs and trying to decide what to alert on. There are a few features that I would like to see implemented in a logic monitor, the ability to tie devices together so that if an ISP goes down we get one alert not 20 separate alerts for each device at that location. I would also like to see the creation of data sources be simplified, recently I attempted to create a data point that reported on a string and found it extremely difficult to have it report on more than one variable. How easy it is to set up, the ability to deploy a collector in minutes and have an entire site monitored in a few hours.

Trevor Doyle

Great Product!

Reviewed 2016-02-22

I work for a company that’s split into 10 branch locations. We have only around three IT employees for our company. We decided to look for a networking monitoring program since we are growing quickly and we need a program to provide the health status of our network in a moments notice to find problems, also to help prevent them. We spent a lot of time researching into numerous products, and we decided to go with LogicMonitor. Where there was once darkness, there is now light! We currently also set up three 48 inch TV’s with chrome OS micro pc’s behind the TV’s for our datacenter. It nicely rotates through all of our monitored devices. Overall it has provided invaluable information to us, is priced competitively, very easily setup, and it does its job well. What more can you ask for in regards to a Network Monitoring solution?• Pricing Structure. You pay per device, not per switch port, etc. like other expensive products out there • It works for a small company, but can easily scale to meet the needs for even a ginormous company. • Support has been fantastic in helping us get things going, we were up and going within a day (vital for our already busy IT staff) • We can now receive phone calls, text messages, and e-mails for ANYTHING we want monitored that goes over its defined threshold. If a server or even a SERVICE we monitor goes down at 4am, LogicMonitor let's us know!

Bronze Cooley

From alerts to RDP to organized data. We know before the customer knows.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

There is too much to list. It is core to our monitoring.Ease of Use - Organization is key to success, and this tool provides easy to trace directory trees. Organization - We can easily set what type of alerts are red or yellow. What severity to contact us. Notifications - Enough information is provided in the notifications to engage the customer and begin investigation. Value for Money - We have not even scratched the surface of what LogicMonitor can do and we are doing more than we could with our previous software.

Amazing!

Reviewed 2017-06-12

Custom monitoring is amazing! You can monitor Veeam backup jobs if you want!LogicMonitor's capabilities alone make this the best monitoring software available. The fact that an average person can build a custom datasource to monitor some 3rd party software application is absolutely amazing!

Andy Domeier

SPS Commerce User Review

Reviewed 2014-02-26

Hello, I will try to bullet out a list of pros and cons below. My overall impression of Logic Monitor is a positive one. I have been happy with the scale at which we are able to adopt the systems. In itself Logic Monitor is a great service but I'd like to see more invested to integrate with other popular monitoring services like PagerDuty, etc. A few minor inefficiencies in the UI, but nothing major for us. . and by the way your support is great! Pros Exceptionally consistent! It's easy to be confident that all our alerts across the board are consistent unless set otherwise manually. -Flexible. I think the tool has just the right level of flexibility to it so that we can organize alerts and hosts in a manner that effectively aligns with our business. Visibility. Implementing the tool right as really increased our team's visibility to our overall health and performance. It's been a great win. Cons Pagerduty integration. There is a lot that we use Logic Monitor for but it will never be our ONLY monitoring tool, as a result we need a service like pager duty as a central hub to manage and maintain our alert streams. It is incredibly cumbersome today to not have resolutions close out alerts in PagerDuty and also to not have alerts that are acknowledged in pager duty acknowledge in Logic Monitor. This is the most important con to us right now. Transparency. There are some nice features that help you see the various alerts whether it's the alerts tab counters (that show on the main page) or the way hosts highlight when they have alerts associated. I would like to see more detail on those features, for example if there are 13 critical alerts, it would be nice to know how many are already Ack'd without clicking into the alerts tab and searching for those alerts. It would also be ideal if you could highlight the "hosts" on the hosts tab with the color of severity of their alerts. We spend a lot of time in the host view and being able to see a host highlighted yellow, orange, or red would be helpful to faster decision making. The alerts dashboard is not clear for hosts that are in SDT. I would actually prefer not to see those hosts in the alerts totals on the alerts tab, or potentially make that configurable. It's confusing to go to that tab to see alerts for hosts that are in SDT and don't actually need immediate response, those and Ack'd errors could almost be their own tab. Thanks for a great service and continued product development!

Alex Zabielski

Great product

Reviewed 2016-12-08

We've only had this product for about a year now and it is quickly becoming our go to as a large MSP. The customer support tier 1 leaves a lot to be desired when you are already an IT professional but for beginners, I suppose it is not that bad. This is a bit more expensive than other products but worth it overall. The best thing about the product is they are always continuing to expand and update their technologies. Lightweight, fast, great integration platform

Matthew Kerfoot

LogicMonitor makes my life easy

Reviewed 2016-12-08

LogicMonitor is everything we could ever need. It is insane the amount of applications that we ditched when switching over to LogicMonitor simply because of the mass amounts of information it can pull and alert on.easy threshold management

Jonathan Parker

What can I say?

Reviewed 2016-02-01

What can I say? I have been using LogicMonitor for about a year now, what a year it has been. I am amazed at the things it can do and the time it saves me. I am able to monitor all my hosts and servers down to such a granular level that I can see if a service is started, disk usage and performance,the performance of interfaces, and a lot more. You can even create custom monitors to monitor just about anything on a device. The dashboard can be configured to provide any information at just a glance. In the past year I have seen the program grow and become more robust, yet still remain easy to configure and use. Knowing the issues in my environment before my clients do has been such a plus and saved many service hours. I don't know what more I can say except LogiMonitor is a great product that does what it says and does it simply. I am pleased to be a client of LogicMonitor and look forward to being one for many years to come.It works and it works well.

Alan Landucci-Ruiz

Great for DR

Reviewed 2016-02-03

We started out with simple monitoring using OpenNMS, but that was on-site monitoring. When we decided on a DR datacenter, we needed an external monitoring system that would help us if one of our sites went down. This has actually happened several times and without LogicMonitor, it would have taken hours to bring the site back online. LogicMonitor has also helped in providing insight into our systems, monitoring things like battery voltage and temperature. It's very versatile and I recommend it for any company!Able to access from anywhere. Monitors things you might not have thought about monitoring (like NTP synchronizations).

LogicMonitor Rules!

Reviewed 2016-12-16

The first thing I do when I log into my computer is open LogicMonitor. LogicMonitor helps to make my job easier.Reports and the automation that can be built into it.

Tim Li

good software

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-08-01

LogicMonitor is a handy management tool. It offers customizable dashboard to help monitoring and troubleshooting.

Gita Patel

Its alright

Reviewed 2018-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Its okay for beginners. Discover all active network interfaces Monitor throughput, discards, errors Track BGP sessions and OSPF adjacencies Watch power usage across POE states Track flow via NetFlow, Jflow, and sFlow Monitor chassis CPU cores, memory pools, temperatures & fans

Scott Harkless

Great cloud monitoring tool

Reviewed 2016-12-08

We moved from Zenoss over to a cloud-based Logic Monitor and could not be happier with our choice. We have had some issues but the support from LM has been great and have worked with use through all of them. We also replaced Pingdom with moving over to Logic Monitor to monitor our websites. Cloud based solution that uses internal collectors so you can have several so if one goes down the others will pick up that collector should be monitoring

Jesus "Dan²" Flores

Experience with Logic Monitor

Reviewed 2016-12-08

logic monitor is a good detector for failed or going to fail devices. This is very helpful on us engineers so that we can prevent a disaster from happening.Accurate and Fast

Network monitoring

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Using this tool for network monitoring. Informative dashboard, lots of metrics, easy to track utilization. Good technical support. Very easy to install and use. Cloud service is a big plus too

Gary Dewrell

Best support from any tech company on earth.

Reviewed 2014-09-10

You can have a great product but if your customer support is crappy it is not worth the money. I am happy to say the Logic Monitor has the best support of any company I have ever worked with in my 25+ years in the industry. Does not hurt that their product is awesome either. Ease of use. Very reasonable cost. Feature rich. Reliable. Best support on the planet. Listens to the customer base.