LawToolBox Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I like this software because (1) ease of use; (2) user friendly program; (3) good tutorials to guide the user through the program.
I like the regular version better and liked that layout better. Customer service has been helpful most of the time.
Ease of use - adding entries and having the ability to edit the entries as the case progresses is one of the best tools.
Product is useless and customer service terrible. I give it negative stars.
Also, the incorrect event names and descriptions are the same in both Panther and Outlook. These are the most basic errors that should have been caught well before the product was offered for sale.
Always having to purchase in six case increments is sometimes inconvenient.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

I have used Law Tool Box for a number of years and hope to never have to change!

An easy to use and reliable docketing program

Pros

Law Tool Box is a reliable docketing program that is easy to use. An added plus is the links to state and federal rules of civil procedure.

Cons

Deadlines do not automatically synch to your calendar without the use of Office 365. I would like to see improvements with the deadline "hide" feature.

NC

Nicole C.

Best for Legal Docketing

The firm's docketing system was outdated, complex and not compliant. LawToolBox solved all of these issues which

Pros

This product makes it easy to keep track of deadlines and be in compliance

Cons

n/a - I have no cons for LTB. It does what it is supposed to do.

LG

Laura G.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Cannot do my job quickly and accurately without Law ToolBox!

Efficiency, accuracy and peace of mind when tracking deadline.

Pros

It is easy to set up a case with expedited setup. Can do regular setup if needed. The dates calculate accurately. I like the reminders send to Outlook.

Cons

No way to make a deadlines chart for a period of time showing only cases for one attorney, and exclude all the other attorney's cases. Wish I could track the same Complaint served on multiple defendants and their individual deadlines for Answers and account for any Extensions of time granted a bit more easily. Right now I just manually make a deadline for each, or edit those I input prior. Wish I had "Date of Mediation" among the other trigger dates. Wish I knew how to create custom reports filtered for my attorney and her cases.

LP

Linda P.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

I am a long time user and fan of LTB.

Accuracy on deadline calculations and a huge savings in time which increased productivity.

Pros

After hand calculating deadlines for many, many years, I am very happy to have been introduced to LTB. It saves an incredible amount of time, is very easy to use, and makes recalculating deadlines so easy. It also has a lot of great forms and if you ever have a question, customer service responds quickly, is extremely knowledgeable about their product and gets the problem fixed.

Cons

The real estate calculator doesn't help our firm much and we have contacted LTB who is working on some changes so that we can use it in the state of Colorado.

VS

Van S.

I enjoy working with Law Toolbox for the ease of docketing deadlines.

Pros

It automatically generates deadlines and puts them in outlook. This makes my job function quicker and easier since I don't have to populate the dates after a Complaint is filed.

Cons

It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars.

Thank you for your review! In response to your comment, "It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars", this is actually one of the top features that sets us apart from all other docketing solutions. In LawToolBox you have the ability to hide ANY deadline that does not apply to your case. Even better, you can now set a template that automatically hides the deadlines every time you set up a case, so you don¿t have to hide them individually every time. If there is one instance where an automatically hidden deadlines applies, you can just reactivate in that one case. Hope this helps! Thank you for being a valued LawToolBox customer!

DS

Diane S.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

My experience with the LTB software has been great.

This software help me do my job and be a better paralegal. I don't have to spend my time in this busy office hand calculating and calendaring deadlines.This software helps me keep our team more efficient by using the reports.

Pros

It takes the guess work out of calendaring and provides peace of mind. It is easy to use and easy to teach others.

Cons

We do not have Integrated Deadlines and I don't like how I have to "update" to get things on the calendar and the process I have to go through to change a date or cancel a date. I think that should be all part of the software.

SW

Shannon W.

Law Tool Box is Amazing

I love it. It's the best calendaring tool I've used in 20 years of working in law firms. The customer service is amazing.

Pros

It's user-friendly, the customer support is amazing, and it's the best value for the money.

Cons

It's sometimes a little confusing but the amazing support makes it better.

Works great for standard District Court matters, although it could be more intuitive.

It works great as off-site docketing software. It is easy to use (i.e., requires little time to set up each case), and sends reminders regularly and consistently.

Pros

It is easy to use and takes very little training. Even someone with (basically) no legal background would be able to figure it out and successfully use it.

Cons

County Court actions are not included. New tracking features are added periodically, and it would be great if County Court actions could be added in the near future!

Cindy W.

Litigation deadline calendaring with ease and accuracy!

Peace of mind and professionalism knowing that my deadlines are calculated correctly.

Pros

The presumptive deadlines automatically calculating per court jurisdiction. Likewise, the ease with adding division specific and case management deadlines.

Cons

I'd like the rule Authority link to take me to the exact cite rather than just the main C.R.C.P. table of contents requiring that I navigate to the rule independently.

This software takes the headache out of calendaring deadlines for me - very reliable

Not having to double check deadlines

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You do not need extensive training to use this product. I love it!

Cons

I do not like the appointment time field - you cannot tab to it and add info from your keyboard easily because of the : that is pre populated in the field

LM

Lissette M.

Deadlines matter!

LawToolBox fills a need. We are happy to have a powerful safety net and tool backing us up. We don't miss deadlines as a team because of the functionality LawToolBox provides.

Pros

LawToolBox is extremely important to our practice as it auto calculates deadlines and calendars them for you/the team. It keeps us in compliance with state rules.

Cons

It seems to only run on outlook and that computer usually has to remain on to keep synchronizing.

LN

Linda N.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Best legal software! Best company!

This software is the best legal support software on the market. This company is the best with tech support, customer service, billing, etc. There are many, many companies out there that would do well to model themselves after this company.

Pros

It is so easy to use, follow, and understand. This software saves me at least 10 minutes per case per day.

Cons

I want to enter the date that I want the diary to appear as opposed to their automatic 7 day format.

CM

Carol M.

Docketing

Keeping case calendars is essential and LawToolBox is a great way to keep track of all the deadlines and also having the email alerts is extremely helpful.

Pros

Cons

I didn't like the pop up options for tutorials, but reached out to the support team and that was taken care of quickly.

CH

Chris H.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

LawToolBox provides an easy and functional way to track litigation matter calendars.

Efficient form of establishing an initial case calendar in state and federal court.

Pros

The software is user friendly, allows for editing trigger dates, and comes with accessible customer service for those tricky questions / situations.

Cons

There is a certain amount of personal oversight required to ensure that the automatically generated dates are correct and not duplicative of those issued by the court.

JM

Jeanne M.

It's all right.

knowing that all of my deadlines, even the hidden ones, are on my calendar, is a great benefit. But that's what the program is designed to do, so it should be a benefit.

Pros

appears to keep up with the latest rule changes so I dont have to. And when it does run correctly, I know I have all of the important deadlines on my computer and on my phone.

Cons

it locks up my computer or shuts down too frequently.

JI

Jennifer I.

I use this daily and find it easy and useful

Pros

That is calculates the deadlines for me automatically, that it is easy to use and that it can be shared with others within the firm

Cons

That is does not calculate all deadlines automatically. For instance, when a hearing is approaching the deadline to respond to motions changes. This program does not automatically calculate that so I have to do it myself

TH

Tamara H.

It is always reliable

Not having to count days on a calendar

Pros

Law Tool Box is always up to date on any rule changes. Customer service is very responsive and goes above and beyond to help resolve an issue.

Cons

The administrator functions are not intuitive. The Firm Admin should be able to add or remove attorneys to existing assistants logins

NS

Nicole S.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

I use this product for civil litigation purposes, in different federal jurisdictions

Familiarity with local and federal rules

Pros

Motion tracking, I like that is has the capability to incorporate local rules so that you are in compliance with all deadlines.

Cons

The suggested deadlines, sometimes don't apply. I find that most of the suggested deadlines do not pertain to the cases we are calendaring for.

LB

Lisa B.

LawToolBox is very user friendly, but some of the form templates can use updating. I do wish there w

Calendaring, calendaring and calendaring

Pros

Ease of use for deadlines and modifying deadlines. Would like to have a pre-lit category instead of the work around currently available.

Cons

Forms have to be modified significantly when created as far as margins, headers, page numbers, etc.

LC

Linda C.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

I have worked in the legal field for 42 years. This is the best docketing software I have ever used

Pros

Fast, efficient and convenient. The providers are amazing at keeping up with the laws and deadlines associated therewith.

Cons

Sometimes Integrated Deadlines doesn't work, which could be very detrimental in missing a deadline, if you don't pay attention.

MM

Mary M.

This is easy to use and keeps us on task.

Pros

I like how easy data is to input information and the ability to sync with our calendar. I like being able to download the deadline chart to our computer and print it out for ease of reference. Having templates available, even though I don't use them very often, is reassuring and when I have used them, invaluable. There has been a time when I accidentially closed a file too soon. It was very easy to return it to current status.

Cons

I would like to see the number of days from trial put in with the description of the deadline - you used to do this and it was very helpful.

JK

Jenny K.

We use Lawtoolbox as out main litigation software. It is helpful for smaller firms looking to save money.

Pros

The ease of use and reliability of the software is incredible. I don't have to worry that I'll miss a deadline.

Cons

The automatic running deadlines don't change when one deadline is extended. This can make the deadlines tedious to update.

LV

Lisa V.

Switch from regular LTB to 365

Pros

I like the regular version better and liked that layout better! Customer service has been helpful most of the time.

Cons

Training could be a little better on the new 365 software - i had to learn it fairly quickly and it was a short video.

TC

Toni C.

Toni Cruz

Pros

Easy to use - tutorial is great for new persons just starting to use the program

Cons

It does not allow you to do 3 day reminders, only 7 days reminders. So I use Outlook for the 3 day calendar reminder which most firms really use.

CM

Casandra M.

Takes time to get the hang of it but is very helpful once you do.

Pros

It is very good at updating rules as soon as they are in effect. Has a misc deadline option so you can calendar something case-related that isn't necessarily a deadline.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. You don't know exactly what a deadline will look like on the deadline chart until you've already submitted it. Although you can check off deadlines or hide them, you can't always straight up delete them. No choice about which deadlines will show up on chart if you enter, for example, an "at issue" date.