Legal Files Reviews

4.6/5 (15 reviews)

Angela DiFabio

Great Program

Reviewed 2016-11-30

We have had Legal Files since 1999 and I can't imagine how I would have been able to accomplish all that I do in any given day without Legal Files. It has helped us tremendously to work as one unit even though we are in 22 offices. As a manager, not always on the scene, it is detrimental for me to be able to access any information I need and it lets me do that without being in the office.

Susana Valiente

Everything done.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Extremely useful in the legal field. It takes time to learn how to use it, but once you get the hang of it it's amazing. The reminders are excellent and you can send reminders to others.

Jillian Pratt

Reviewed 2019-01-29

the new web based platform is easy to use and works anywhere.

Zia Islam

You will not find another product in the market to track your audit/legal needs

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Our Corporate Compliance uses this app for corporate compliance issue tracking/matter management1. It runs on multiple DBs 2. Customer Service is great 3. On site Training is included 4. Easy to learn and use 5. It is error free once installed.

Michal Lusk

Does Everything, But at a Cost

Reviewed 2017-02-06

Legal Files is definitely extremely capable software. It is very field-dense, allowing users to keep track of an extremely large amount of data. It does almost everything a law firm needs to have done by practice management software. However, Legal Files needs to be set up correctly to get the maximum benefit of the features. This requires paying the Legal Files support staff (likely) or having someone in-house who knows or can quickly learn the software well enough to do set up (not likely). Firms must also be willing to put in the time necessary to learn the software to get the benefit of the many features. Firms without a culture of innovation may struggle to learn Legal Files well enough to use the features for which they purchased it. Additionally, Legal Files is not cheap software. I do not think it is overpriced for what you get, but it does require a substantial up-front investment for software, training, support (billed separately every year), and either an in-house or virtual server. The fact it is server based makes it less adaptable as firm size fluctuates than cloud-based software.

Debbie Richcreek

Dedicated user since June 2011 and familiar with the software since 2007.

Reviewed 2015-10-23

Pros: Immediate access to documents by any assigned user (in or out of the office). Our office is trying (and succeeding) to go paperless, so LF allows us to do so the majority of the time. The ease of closing a file in LF is both time-saving and money-saving with off-site storage fees eliminated for 90% of our files. Cons: Would very much like to see improvements in indexing methods (electronic tabbing, if you will) for final/executed documents when there are multiples; i.e., real estate closings (sales, deeds, affidavits, etc.) or litigation (pleadings, briefs, etc.). I need to remind myself to get up from my desk now that we have Legal Files, because everything is at my fingertips at the touch of the keyboard - no need to go to the filing cabinet, etc.

Anonymous

Good software for law firms

Reviewed 2018-09-13

The features that connect the software to Outlook are very useful.

Brett Smith

Great software and great service

Reviewed 2015-10-22

I have worked with Legal Files software at two different companies now. I find it to be easy to use and very good for keeping our documents and matters organized. The integration with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat is seamless. In addition, whenever I have had occasion to work with their trainers and customer service personnel, they have been very knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Legal Files.

Deborah Krohe

Easy to use & does everything we need

Reviewed 2015-08-17

We've been using Legal Files for many years, and even the new staff members take to it quickly. It handles any type of case. I am a law firm administrator and so what I like about it personally is that I can customize it myself. Our lawyers really like that they can access Legal Files from anywhere and are crazy about the iPad app. And, we all love the fact that we can save email directly to case files.

Kay Eiseman

Legal Files Review

Reviewed 2016-11-30

A Legal Files Administrator/User/Trainer since 2010 for the Client/Server product. Would like additional report writing capabilities.The groupware concept

Shirley Taft Oar

Positive transformation!

Reviewed 2016-05-05

Legal Files became a vital part of our civil defense team. It transformed our practice, and provided an efficient means to meet the needs of complex litigation cases. We appreciate that it is completely customizable, and continues to meet the changing needs of our firm.

Paula Pagano

Great for case managment

Reviewed 2015-10-24

Legal Files is a great application for keeping your case files in order. All emails, documents and notes are stored in one place making the job easier and helping the user stay organized.

Katie Wall

Legal Files in Corporate Legal Dept

Reviewed 2015-10-22

I have no complaints with the system--easiest way to store files of all types.

Lanny Schimmel

Excellent, Simple Solution

Reviewed 2015-10-27

Legal Files is a great solution and the service is excellent.

Meredith Sullivan

Works well with a small firm

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Easy to use and navigate for a solo firm