Legal Files

Legal case and matter management software

Legal Files Reviews

Brett S.

Brett S.

Cons

Documents are not arranged chronologically so it is difficult to find the most recent version.

Steven T.

Estela H.

Not everything is very intuitive about the software. Less experienced computer users have a hard time with it.

4.6

Legal Files

Pros

the new web based platform is easy to use and works anywhere.

Cons

In the web based version you can't open multiple windows at once.

Legal Files Review

The organization of Legal Files is outstanding.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to learn. You can totally go paperless with this software which saves you money and time.

Cons

When transferring information from one file to another, it is difficult to transfer emails, you have to do them 1 at a time which is time consuming. It would be very nice if LF can figure out a way to be able to transfer a bulk of emails at a time. Thank you.

The best Legal Software

Pros

Ease of use, detailed consultation, constant help from the manager

Cons

There is nothing in program that I could not like.

MEH

IT GOT US THROUGH UNTIL WE FOUND SOMETHING BETTER.

Pros

IT WAS KIND OF MEDIOCRE FOR EVERYTHING. IT SYNCED WELL WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCTS AND ADOBE ACROBAT.

Cons

SO DIFFICULT TO LEARN/USE (I AM PRETTY TECH SAVVY). TERRIBLE REPORTING.

Thank you for being a customer of Legal Files for 10 years. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you personally to address any issues that we may be able to rectify. We value our partnerships with our customers and aim to provide top-notch customer service. We provide training services at the outset...

Great Program

We have had Legal Files since 1999 and I can't imagine how I would have been able to accomplish all that I do in any given day without Legal Files. It has helped us tremendously to work as one unit even though we are in 22 offices. As a manager, not always on the scene, it is detrimental for me to be able to access any information I need and it lets me do that without being in the office.

Cons

Legal Files has provided a valuable tool for our agency

Leal Files as a product and the customer support has been excellent.

Pros

The functions including the drop box from Outlook

Cons

documents are not arranged chronologically so it is difficult to find the most recent version.

Everything done.

Pros

Extremely useful in the legal field. It takes time to learn how to use it, but once you get the hang of it it's amazing. The reminders are excellent and you can send reminders to others.

Cons

Learning curve. However, you need to think of it as a paper file with the different tabs . It takes some time to learn how to use it but it's great.

Useful put clunky

Overall it gets the job done, providing essential filing services that can be shared across users and permits a variety of important controls.

Pros

Many features of this software are useful to the practice of law. It loads documents, tracks clients, tallies hours and more.

Cons

However, it is not intuitive and requires significant amount of time to learn the system compared to other software. The interface is also a bit dated, looking like something from Windows XP rather than modern day softward.

if you have a legal practice... you need to try this software

Pros

what I like the most about this software is that it facilitates our teamwork at the office because every document of every case we handle is available to everyone in the office so you don´t need to send them anything, they just need to get use to the software.

Cons

At the beggining it was not easy to understand all the features of the software but as everything it was just about time to get used to it.

Does Everything, But at a Cost

Legal Files is definitely extremely capable software. It is very field-dense, allowing users to keep track of an extremely large amount of data. It does almost everything a law firm needs to have done by practice management software. However, Legal Files needs to be set up correctly to get the maximum benefit of the features. This requires paying the Legal Files support staff (likely) or having someone...

Cons

You will not find another product in the market to track your audit/legal needs

Our Corporate Compliance uses this app for corporate compliance issue tracking/matter management

Pros

1. It runs on multiple DBs 2. Customer Service is great 3. On site Training is included 4. Easy to learn and use 5. It is error free once installed.

Cons

1. User Interface is a little oldish and although can be easily assimilated & understood, is not 21st century 2. Every installation is customized. So IT needs some time to devote to it. But once installed, there are no errors or usage issues.

Dedicated user since June 2011 and familiar with the software since 2007.

Pros: Immediate access to documents by any assigned user (in or out of the office). Our office is trying (and succeeding) to go paperless, so LF allows us to do so the majority of the time. The ease of closing a file in LF is both time-saving and money-saving with off-site storage fees eliminated for 90% of our files. Cons: Would very much like to see improvements in indexing methods (electronic tabbing, if you will) for final/executed documents when there are multiples; i.e., real estate closings (sales, deeds, affidavits, etc.) or litigation (pleadings, briefs, etc.). I need to remind myself to get up from my desk now that we have Legal Files, because everything is at my fingertips at the touch of the keyboard - no need to go to the filing cabinet, etc.

Cons

Very functional program for small to medium sized law firms

Pros

Outlook integration is key. Additionally, I found Legal Files did not overwhelm the user, which makes it perfect for small to medium sized law firms. Larger law firms may want more complex feeling programs.

Cons

I found functionality was not consistent across the various forms of the platform (i.e. web vs PC)

Great software and great service

I have worked with Legal Files software at two different companies now. I find it to be easy to use and very good for keeping our documents and matters organized. The integration with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat is seamless. In addition, whenever I have had occasion to work with their trainers and customer service personnel, they have been very knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Legal Files.

Cons

Easy to use & does everything we need

We've been using Legal Files for many years, and even the new staff members take to it quickly. It handles any type of case. I am a law firm administrator and so what I like about it personally is that I can customize it myself. Our lawyers really like that they can access Legal Files from anywhere and are crazy about the iPad app. And, we all love the fact that we can save email directly to case files.

Legal Files Review

A Legal Files Administrator/User/Trainer since 2010 for the Client/Server product. Would like additional report writing capabilities.

Pros

The groupware concept

Cons

Limited standard reports

Positive transformation!

Legal Files became a vital part of our civil defense team. It transformed our practice, and provided an efficient means to meet the needs of complex litigation cases. We appreciate that it is completely customizable, and continues to meet the changing needs of our firm.

Cons

Good software for law firms

Pros

The features that connect the software to Outlook are very useful.

Great for case managment

Legal Files is a great application for keeping your case files in order. All emails, documents and notes are stored in one place making the job easier and helping the user stay organized.

Legal Files in Corporate Legal Dept

I have no complaints with the system--easiest way to store files of all types.

Excellent, Simple Solution

Legal Files is a great solution and the service is excellent.

Cons

Works well with a small firm

Pros

Easy to use and navigate for a solo firm

Cons

Little bit complicated initially learning the software