Anedot Reviews

Anedot

Fundraising tools for everyone

Anedot

Review Summary

Pros

The customer support is phenomenal, the built in tools are excellent, and we could not be more thrilled with Anedot.

Pastor Doug J.

Ve used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.

Jason C.

James A.

Jeremy M.

Sometimes it's a little difficult to get past compliance on opening an account. And when I ask why I get no reason for the deny.

Thomas D.

They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions.

Ryan P.

4.9

Comptroller/Treasurer

This company is great! So customer friendly, it's a nice change from most other applications out there.

Pros

Anedot seamlessly integrates with other applications and its easy for both customers and back end users.

Cons

When filtering to a date range, the filter also adds only contributions. I need to change it back to all transactions so I get the withdrawals as well.

James, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate your review, as well as the thoughtful feedback. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Good. Better. Best.

Some of our donors like to send check by mail because they don't like using PayPal or any online donation service. This could also be they want us to save the transaction fees and put it towards our mission. With Anedot the donor has the option online to pay our fees, as well as if they send a check we can record it online for the donor to create an donation record and we are not charged for this unless we run it through the ACH option. So it's a win win for everyone, and our donors become more familiar then with considering donation online instead of check by mail.

Pros

The interface is well thought out and easy to use. You can tell they know what they are doing when they design this, not only from a software perspective but from a donation service viewpoint as well.

Cons

The Anedot Brand is not a household name like PayPal that we have transitioned from, so it is taking some time for our donors to adapt but it is slowly working for us. Truthfully, what I don't like is that we didn't find Anedot sooner, but glad we finally did.

Frank, Thank you for your review and the kind words. We love serving our customers! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

My review

I had many donors that wanted to quickly and effortlessly make a donation and get a receipt. This platform was a solution.

Pros

It is a trusted donation platform among my audience.

Cons

I still don't know how to use it. I have my staff administering the changes and updates.

Kevin, Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that your donors enjoy our quick and effortless donation process. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is the best processing option for our pro life nonprofit!

From day one to now, our first year with Anedot has been stellar. Every state affiliate of National Right To Life should use this firmly pro-life, firmly conservative payment processing company! It’s a fantastic suite of fundraising tools!

Pros

Cons

Very minor tweaks could be made to some built-in wording on reports and formatting improvement on email notifications. Customer support has forwarded these concerns to the proper folks and we are confident that improvements will result.

Pastor Doug, Thank you for your kind words. I also appreciate the feedback that you passed along to the team. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Great donation service!

My overall experience has been extremely positive - I have really nothing bad to say, only a few improvements that could possibly be made.

Pros

I really like how intuitive the online dashboard is. It allows even an inexperienced user to perform advanced functions, see donor information, and more. I also like how responsive the support team is - they had me up and running the very next day, literally within hours.

Cons

I don't like that there aren't many customization features, particularly when it comes to sharing the donation page onto your own website. They try to force you to use the Anedot website to take donations, which I don't like as it takes away from the customization options that should be available.

Jacob, Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. Happy to hear you have had a positive experience with Anedot! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

The best user friendly & bookkeeper friendly software around!

Fantastic & I have had to use a few other platforms so I have them to compare to.

Pros

The set up of campaigns is easy to figure out. I love how you can design each differently. But from the bookkeeping side- the reporting capability is fantastic.

Cons

Forgive me if its a feature I don't know but if it could integrate with QuickBooks then my work life would be complete!

Jinger, Thank you for the review and the kind words. We currently integrate with QuickBooks via Zapier. If you'd like help setting it up, please do not hesitate to contact our service team! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is great for raising money in a user friendly, donor friendly platform

Anedot has great customer service and is very easily accessible. Great team and product! Best in the business.

Pros

I love the customizable donate pages and the data collection tools.

Cons

I like least the lack of integrations with email marketing opportunities - an integration with mailchimp or another email sender would be a huge asset for campaigns.

Update: Since the time of this review we have added integrations with several email sending platforms including: - SendGrid - Sendy.co - Mailchimp - Klaviyo - Iterable - ActiveCampaign - EmailOctopus - And more! Thank you for the review! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot - Reliable Service - A Must Have

I’ve used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.

Pros

The flexiblity and integration with other software tools. It works great with Facebook Pages or just in sharing the link.

Cons

The only downside is the bank’s timeframe for processing the deposits and that is not something Anedot can control.

Jason, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is a great tool

I would definitely recommend Anedot. Their product and support are top-notch. We will continue to use them in the future.

Pros

Anedot is a great tool for raising money. We use it for most of our non-profit work and small political campaigns. They have everything you need and they make reporting a breeze.

Cons

The setup process can take a few days to make sure that you are not a scammer or running a fraud.

Thank you for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear that you are pleased with our product and customer service! As you mentioned, we take the verification process very seriously. Our team examines each account and stops scammers before they can cause harm to donors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is a Breeze!

Wonderful! The staff are all very helpful and they are quick with all they do!

Pros

It's so easy to get set up and match your branding. Plus, there's no fees! You only give a percent of money that is donated, so nothing ever comes directly out of pocket!

Cons

I wish the editing process was a little more straightforward, maybe. It's not terrible, but maybe could be improved.

Cameron, thank you for the kind review and feedback. If you need help with anything, please do not hesitate to contact us! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS

I have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The...

Pros

Recommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.

Cons

I got nothing.

Ryan, Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy! Thanks again :) Here to help!

Anedot Increased Our Online Giving

The experience has been great. Our online giving increased. The customer support has been fantastic.

Pros

I love the features and the customization. One reason I believe our giving increased when we switched from PayPal to Anedot is the fact that Anedot allowed us to carry our branding over to the giving platform, so you still feel like you are within our website. You have our logo, our colors, our campaign description, etc. I also love that the developers are continuing to enhance the product. When we first switched, Anedot was limited to card transactions. Now we have ACH. Other enhancement requests that I have submitted, I learned were already in the works. They are ahead of the game.

Cons

You have the ability to run reports showing the transaction history, but they are on-demand reports, meaning someone has to log in to run them. I would like to see these scheduled to run monthly and automatically email to the user.

Brandon, Thank you for your thoughtful review. We rely heavily on customer feedback, so we always appreciate reviews. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

BEST there is!

I have been using Anedot since they started. I am the Treasurer for candidates, legislators and Political Action Committees in Oregon. Anedot is the ONLY platform I use for my clients. They offer everything we need, along with fantastic customer Services and price. There are other platforms out there, but when you add up all the piece-meal costs, or the loss of time when you have to manually go up to get and/or transfer info, Anedot beats them all! Thank You to Anedot for providing not only the Best platform available, but a staff that no one can beat...they are the BEST!!! Thank you Anedot!

Pros

What is there not to love about Anedot? Everything!

Cons

there is nothing I do not like about Anedot

Carol, Thank you for your very kind words. We love hearing from our happy customers! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is the best out there for fundraising! team are like family to us.

Very happy that over a year ago we made the switch to Anedot. I'll never forget my first interaction with Anedot. We got a new client at the firm and I noticed he had it instead of the usual ActBlue. I called after-hours to inquire and left a voicemail---the next thing I know the CEO is calling me at night. I felt terrible at first, thinking I hit the wrong number, but he quickly explained he monitored after-hours messages.

Pros

Easy to use, quick, and great customer service. Love the chat feature. Everything is just simple. You can resolve most issues without even having to pick up the phone.

Cons

No complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features.

Jeremy, Thank you for the review. Always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

PDS Review

I'm a fan of the product though we use it pretty narrowly. I would like to see the ability to download activity that ties in with the transfer to the bank account. From my perspective that would be more efficient for bank reconciliations.

Pros

Clean simple interface.

Cons

Data entry sequencing could be better. When keying in donors for processing, it sort of jumps around the fields in an awkward way. Add a field for Source Code for the reciept.

Thanks for the feedback Paul! We're working to get those reports automated soon and have some exciting updates for the internal form also coming (including source codes for the internal keyed donations)! Great things ahead!

Anedot for Non-Profit Organizations - Review

Anedot has provided an easy to implement solution for online payments for our non-profit. We are very satisfied with the service.

Pros

Anedot is easy to set up and can be used on a website for online payments or for online donations in the case of a non-profit entity. The Anedot administrator dashboard is easy to navigate and contains all the information an accountant would need for proper reporting. Anedot has made improvements recently that allow online donations to be automatically transferred to the bank account you designate with frequencies of your choice: every 2 days, weekly or monthly.

Cons

Credit card processing fees are slightly above normal.

Loy, We appreciate the review and the feedback! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Why Anedot?

My donors feel a sense of security donating on this platform. I enjoy working with the team at Anedot.

Pros

Easy to use and affordable fees. Very efficient

Cons

funds transfer wasn't always immediate, but better now

Deborah, Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Thanks again. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Best Political/Non-Profit Contribution Processor Around

Pros

Outstanding customer service. Easy to use and customize. Easy for donors to use.

Cons

A very few features require company assistance to setup, but fewer all the time.

Chris, Thanks for the review. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Game Changer!

Pros

Anedot’s ease of use has allowed me to spend less time dialing for dollars and more time getting all my other work in order! I was amazed after my first day using the app and realizing I’d garnered nearly in small donations just through text messages and a post on social media! Anedot allows you to save phone time for the heavy lifting and gives your core donor group the ease of one-click contributions. Total game changer!

Cons

I’m really excited that PayPal has been added on, the next step and hopefully this happens immediately Anedot adds on squarecash capabilities. My only real challenge with the software so far is not the software itself, but getting the same message from donors again and again “Can I cashapp you?”

Thank you for the thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you already seeing an increase in donations! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Amazing Product

Pros

The product is very intuitive and easy to use. Much better product then it's competitors.

Cons

Great staff and support team. Knowledgeable, responsive and good attitudes.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Easy to manage accounts and campaigns.

Cons

Welp, I guess it would be good to have more upsells and an online store.

Love Anedot

Pros

I love that I am able to customize the pages with different graphics, colors, and backgrounds. Also the ticket price option is a great feature.

Cons

The text formatting can sometimes be wonky.

Ian, Thank you for the review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Best customer service and fundraising software

We are raising more money than ever before with Anedot.

Pros

Upsells, donor recovery, ability to do rev shares.

Cons

I wish searching the database of donors was easier. It would also be great if Anedot labeled expired, cancelled, or error running cards on the commitments tab.

Tim, We appreciate the review and the feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is Perfect for Local Elections

I am a treasurer for a local school board campaign.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has plenty of features. I like the you can require certain text fields for taking donations. For example, you can require the person's occupation.

Cons

I wish that the mobile app let you swipe credit cards.

James, Thank you for the review! While we don't manufacture our own card readers, our mobile app is compatible with certain third-party card readers. Feel free to contact us and we will recommend a physical card reader that works with the app! There is also a scan feature available for use on our app that allows you to scan the donor's card with the mobile device's camera. This scan function captures the same information that the card reader captures. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Fantastic Donation Platform for Non-Profits

Pros

Ease of use, the low learning curve, and customer support. The interface is remarkably easy to use and very intuitive. The customer support is A+. Always very responsive to any requests or inquiries.

Cons

There are not a lot of analytic tools within Anedot. I'd like to see them build out some more advanced/sophisticated ways of seeing where the donors came from. There is a Google Analytic integration, but I'd prefer an in-app analytic experience.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! I'd love to hear from you and see what types of analytics would be most useful so that we can work to build-in more ways for you to measure and analyze your success on the platform. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot