Anedot Reviews

4.95/5 (20 reviews)

Ryan Phillips

ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS

Reviewed 2016-10-26

I have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The user friendliness they offer saves time and eliminates problems. The multiple options that they have provides for fast and efficient workflow that I allows me to provide the best of service to my clients. Anedot's prices are extremely competitive, although I would choose their service over any others even if their fees were doubled. Although they excel in all fields , I would have to say that the one thing that sticks out from working with them is their customer service., which in my 10 years experience is unprecedented. With other companies, you are lucky to find an email address of an actual representative in case of questions or issues. With Anedot, I have multiple email addresses and direct phone numbers of Anedot reps. Communication has never been an issue. Not only are they always there, but they reach out and contact me in regards to any issues or potential issues as soon as they happen to keep me in the loop and on top of everything./ They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions. And the politeness of anyone I have evr talked to from Anedot is and always has been welcoming and uplifting. It may at this point sound like I work for them and are just fillin gout the best review possible to help my company. That is not the case however. All of these things are 100% true and accurate, and personally, I am so busy right now with the election 2 weeks away, I don't have time to write reviews on anything.- But as a small piece of gratitude for all that they have done for me over the last few years, I will make time. Anedot is the best of the best.

Pros
Recommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.

Cons
I got nothing.

Response from Anedot

Ryan,

Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy!

Thanks again :) Here to help!

Brandon Jones

Anedot Increased Our Online Giving

Reviewed 2018-09-28

The experience has been great. Our online giving increased. The customer support has been fantastic.

Pros
I love the features and the customization. One reason I believe our giving increased when we switched from PayPal to Anedot is the fact that Anedot allowed us to carry our branding over to the giving platform, so you still feel like you are within our website. You have our logo, our colors, our campaign description, etc. I also love that the developers are continuing to enhance the product. When we first switched, Anedot was limited to card transactions. Now we have ACH. Other enhancement requests that I have submitted, I learned were already in the works. They are ahead of the game.

Cons
You have the ability to run reports showing the transaction history, but they are on-demand reports, meaning someone has to log in to run them. I would like to see these scheduled to run monthly and automatically email to the user.

Response from Anedot

Brandon,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We rely heavily on customer feedback, so we always appreciate reviews. Great things ahead!

Jacob Schneider

Great donation service!

Reviewed 2019-09-24

My overall experience has been extremely positive - I have really nothing bad to say, only a few improvements that could possibly be made.

Pros
I really like how intuitive the online dashboard is. It allows even an inexperienced user to perform advanced functions, see donor information, and more. I also like how responsive the support team is - they had me up and running the very next day, literally within hours.

Cons
I don't like that there aren't many customization features, particularly when it comes to sharing the donation page onto your own website. They try to force you to use the Anedot website to take donations, which I don't like as it takes away from the customization options that should be available.

Response from Anedot

Jacob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. Happy to hear you have had a positive experience with Anedot!

Carol Russell

Anedot is the BEST

Reviewed 2016-10-18

Anedot has been a life-saver! I came across them when they were first starting and I was looking for a system that would give me the necessary information to file with State Elections. They were the only system available who adapted their program and added the items I needed to file in my state. They are always available when there is a problem with a wonderful staff! Anyone who needs a quality system, with staff who treat you like family...look no farther, you have found them!! They are THE BEST!!!

Pros
Everything about them!

Cons
I haven't found any!!

Response from Anedot

Thanks for the kind review Carol! We appreciate your feedback over the years helping us continually improve the product! Great things ahead!

Jeremy Murray

Anedot is the best out there for fundraising! team are like family to us.

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Very happy that over a year ago we made the switch to Anedot. I'll never forget my first interaction with Anedot. We got a new client at the firm and I noticed he had it instead of the usual ActBlue. I called after-hours to inquire and left a voicemail---the next thing I know the CEO is calling me at night. I felt terrible at first, thinking I hit the wrong number, but he quickly explained he monitored after-hours messages.

Pros
Easy to use, quick, and great customer service. Love the chat feature. Everything is just simple. You can resolve most issues without even having to pick up the phone.

Cons
No complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features.

Response from Anedot

Jeremy,

Thank you for the review. Always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Great things ahead!

Paul Kilgore

PDS Review

Reviewed 2016-10-19

I'm a fan of the product though we use it pretty narrowly. I would like to see the ability to download activity that ties in with the transfer to the bank account. From my perspective that would be more efficient for bank reconciliations.

Pros
Clean simple interface.

Cons
Data entry sequencing could be better. When keying in donors for processing, it sort of jumps around the fields in an awkward way. Add a field for Source Code for the reciept.

Response from Anedot

Thanks for the feedback Paul! We're working to get those reports automated soon and have some exciting updates for the internal form also coming (including source codes for the internal keyed donations)! Great things ahead!

Anonymous

Anedot is great for raising money in a user friendly, donor friendly platform

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Anedot has great customer service and is very easily accessible. Great team and product! Best in the business.

Pros
I love the customizable donate pages and the data collection tools.

Cons
I like least the lack of integrations with email marketing opportunities - an integration with mailchimp or another email sender would be a huge asset for campaigns.

Response from Anedot

Thanks for the review! To clarify, we have integrations with many email marketing tools, as well as integrations with Zapier and WebHooks (used to connect with 1,500+ third-party apps). We appreciate the feedback!

Jason Cole

Anedot - Reliable Service - A Must Have

Reviewed 2018-10-08

I’ve used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.

Pros
The flexiblity and integration with other software tools. It works great with Facebook Pages or just in sharing the link.

Cons
The only downside is the bank’s timeframe for processing the deposits and that is not something Anedot can control.

Response from Anedot

Jason,

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities!

James Appel

Only place for political campaigns

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I am a political consultant for 16 campaigns in Maryland from the Governor to local county races.

Pros
I have been using Anedot for about seven years and I have expanded my client list and they all use Anedot. It's easy to use, integrates with websites seamlessly and the customer service is exceptional.

Cons
The one feature I would like to see is an export filter from last export.

Response from Anedot

James,

Thank you for being a long-time, valuable user of Anedot! We appreciate the review and the feedback!

LOY SHARP

Anedot for Non-Profit Organizations - Review

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Anedot has provided an easy to implement solution for online payments for our non-profit. We are very satisfied with the service.

Pros
Anedot is easy to set up and can be used on a website for online payments or for online donations in the case of a non-profit entity. The Anedot administrator dashboard is easy to navigate and contains all the information an accountant would need for proper reporting. Anedot has made improvements recently that allow online donations to be automatically transferred to the bank account you designate with frequencies of your choice: every 2 days, weekly or monthly.

Cons
Credit card processing fees are slightly above normal.

Response from Anedot

Loy,

We appreciate the review and the feedback! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Deborah Owens

Why Anedot?

Reviewed 2018-09-19

My donors feel a sense of security donating on this platform. I enjoy working with the team at Anedot.

Pros
Easy to use and affordable fees. Very efficient

Cons
funds transfer wasn't always immediate, but better now

Response from Anedot

Deborah,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Thanks again.

Anedot is a great tool

Reviewed 2019-10-09

I would definitely recommend Anedot. Their product and support are top-notch. We will continue to use them in the future.

Pros
Anedot is a great tool for raising money. We use it for most of our non-profit work and small political campaigns. They have everything you need and they make reporting a breeze.

Cons
The setup process can take a few days to make sure that you are not a scammer or running a fraud.

Response from Anedot

Thank you for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear that you are pleased with our product and customer service! As you mentioned, we take the verification process very seriously. Our team examines each account and stops scammers before they can cause harm to donors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Game Changer!

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros
Anedot’s ease of use has allowed me to spend less time dialing for dollars and more time getting all my other work in order! I was amazed after my first day using the app and realizing I’d garnered nearly in small donations just through text messages and a post on social media! Anedot allows you to save phone time for the heavy lifting and gives your core donor group the ease of one-click contributions. Total game changer!

Cons
I’m really excited that PayPal has been added on, the next step and hopefully this happens immediately Anedot adds on squarecash capabilities. My only real challenge with the software so far is not the software itself, but getting the same message from donors again and again “Can I cashapp you?”

Response from Anedot

Thank you for the thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you already seeing an increase in donations! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Timothy Bertram

Best features and customer service

Reviewed 2018-09-19

Anedot is the only donation processor I'd recommend to folks. The customer service is unmatched, is raises more money, makes reporting simple, and it's easy to setup.

Pros
The upsell, recurring, and donor recovery features are awesome. Easy to clone campaigns as well.

Cons
Toggling back and forth between a campaign is a little tedious. If you're editing within a sub campaign and finish, you're taken back to the full menu again.

Response from Anedot

Timothy,

Thank you for taking the time to review Anedot. We always appreciate thoughtful feedback! Please let us know if we can further assist you.

James Finlay

Anedot is Perfect for Local Elections

Reviewed 2018-09-19

I am a treasurer for a local school board campaign.

Pros
The software is easy to use and has plenty of features. I like the you can require certain text fields for taking donations. For example, you can require the person's occupation.

Cons
I wish that the mobile app let you swipe credit cards.

Response from Anedot

James,

Thank you for the review! While we don't manufacture our own card readers, our mobile app is compatible with certain third-party card readers. Feel free to contact us and we will recommend a physical card reader that works with the app!

There is also a scan feature available for use on our app that allows you to scan the donor's card with the mobile device's camera. This scan function captures the same information that the card reader captures.

Fantastic Donation Platform for Non-Profits

Reviewed 2018-07-26

Pros
Ease of use, the low learning curve, and customer support. The interface is remarkably easy to use and very intuitive. The customer support is A+. Always very responsive to any requests or inquiries.

Cons
There are not a lot of analytic tools within Anedot. I'd like to see them build out some more advanced/sophisticated ways of seeing where the donors came from. There is a Google Analytic integration, but I'd prefer an in-app analytic experience.

Response from Anedot

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! I'd love to hear from you and see what types of analytics would be most useful so that we can work to build-in more ways for you to measure and analyze your success on the platform.

Bruce Strouble  Ph.D.

A great fundraising experience

Reviewed 2018-09-18

I really enjoy the software. I want to see it better publicized so that it is recognized as a household name like PayPal this would alleviate a lot of the apprehension Gen Xers and Babyboomers have with this software.

Pros
It was simple to use and integrate into my social media and email accounts

Cons
Many people express unfamiliarity with the software and are apprehensive to utilize it

Response from Anedot

Bruce,

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy using Anedot. Great things ahead!

Brendan Banks

Found on a recommendation, Anedot has lived up to the recommendation!

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Pros
It was easy to use and navigate. There are still somethings that you have to learn but the flow of the site makes it so that with little experience you can figure it out.

Cons
It does not work well with a mobile browser.

Response from Anedot

Thanks for the feedback! To clarify, the donation forms work very well on mobile browsers but account center for adjusting donation forms is not fully mobile optimized.

Arthur Thomas IV

Great donation service

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-08-10

It is a good donor site for me. They do cost slightly more for donations under compared to other such services so you really have to look at what donation types you plan to be getting mostly. It is a good service though.

Pros
They are very concerned about security and verifying who is using the service to collect money/donations. I got a phone call from them about setting up a new account. Creating a new account is pretty easy. It is not hard to get up and running.

Cons
I wish they had a bit more features like creating widgets to put on a website. I was slightly confused for just a short period about setting up a donation site versus my person account, but it was easy to figure out. The controls, like any new things, may be confusing at first but just go through them to familiarize yourself.

Response from Anedot

Arthur,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We always appreciate thoughtful feedback! Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Greg Panzer

Anedot is a Great Solution for Online Fundraising

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Saving time and very easy to use.

Pros
Very easy to use and quick to setup multiple campaigns.

Cons
Sometimes difficult to use text formatting in campaign text editor (text size will change, unable to underline although looks like it in editor, unable to use links).

Response from Anedot

Greg,

Thanks for using Anedot! We appreciate the review and the feedback!