Eleo Reviews

Eleo

Online donor management & fundraising software

4.84/5 (87 reviews)

Pros
  • We are thankful to have Eleo as the price and database capabilities fit our budget for a small non-profit like us. The support team has been very friendly and helpful.Angela B.Read the full review
  • The software also allows us to ensure fairness in our job selection and placement processes as well as provides us with amazing payroll results and supports.Marsha A.Read the full review
  • Customer service is great - migration from other systems is easier than expected and price is great. I would recommend this software to any nonprofit.Linda R.Read the full review
Cons
  • The style is a little out dated and not hugely intuitive. But I have definitely seen why worse.Aj m.Read the full review
  • Struggled with Braintree and trying to use that with gala options.Marisol J.Read the full review
  • When you first log on, there is so much that one may feel overwhelmed and confused.Delali K.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Marsha Armstrong

Excellence!

Reviewed 2019-05-10

We have been able to provide updated and real time reporting to both customers and funders. The software also allows us to ensure fairness in our job selection and placement processes as well as provides us with amazing payroll results and supports. As an agency we rely on the software and the providers over at CSS to make us successful and to date they have not disappointed.

Pros
The software has amazing usability and runs awesome reports. The ease in customizing it based on our needs makes it ones that makes it #1 in line with other competitors. We truly have no idea what we'd do without it.

Cons
We have no issues or complaints with the software.

Jamie Boyle

Great Value Product with Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2020-05-19

I'm finally able to see who my active members are, who has expired, who needs to be contacted, all with a few clicks of a button. We've had a database for years, but the real key to managing a database is to KNOW the data that's held within it. Eleo is helping us get to know our members and contacts more deeply than we did before.

Pros
What attracted our organization most to Eleo is how much bang you can get for your buck. This software has a lot of the same features as larger, more expensive CRM tools, but without the years-long contractual agreements, and with way more affordable pricing for a small/mid-sized non-profit like us. So far, Eleo has really delivered. We finally have a system in place for strategically reaching out to membership and generating the reports we need to analyze our success. I can't wait to see how far we can go with Eleo.

Cons
Integrations with different website platforms is somewhat lacking. For example, embedded forms don't seem to work well with WIX. Also, I'd really like to have membership sign-up forms as an option. However, Eleo's excellent team has helped us find solutions and work-arounds so far for every shortcoming.

Brandon Verrault

Limited but happy user

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-03-19

Pros
The flexibility in creating reports and other options.

Cons
From the limited features that I used, I don't have any negatives to mention.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Rachael DeGraffenried

Eleo has been wonderful!

Reviewed 2020-05-19

We have really enjoyed it!

Pros
Eleo is really easy to use and the customer service is amazing! And you just can't beat the price!

Cons
The look is a little dated and some of the categorizing of things is not entirely intuitive.

Melody Federico

Thanks for helping us!

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Pros
Price was affordable. Also - it's super easy to use for staff and volunteers.

Cons
Had to call customer service to understand how to create labels for the annual appeal mailing. But they were able to answer my questions quickly and labels printed great!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Darlie Gagatam

One of the Best ever!

Reviewed 2019-08-30

We've just subscribed to Eleo for almost a year now and so far, this is the best Donor Software I've ever used. I'm very satisfied of the prompt support and friendliness of the team and the design of the software itself for an everyday user like me.

Pros
Prompt customer support, affordable, user friendly, simple yet effective design for reporting.

Cons
I wish that in the future, they will integrate address updating.

Linda Rooney

Easy to use donor management software with all the bells and whistles non profits need

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-01-17

Pros
Out of the box implementation is great! Reports that most nonprofits commonly used are included - no more queries and report exports! Eleo also tracks volunteers and events. An added plus is that the software integrates with MailChimp and Constant Contact so you can track your email marketing within the system. Also integrates with DonorSearch for a great price. Online forms are easy to set up as well. I recommend this software to all my nonprofit clients who are looking for easier donor tracking.

Cons
For some - it can be hard to give up the report customization found in larger software (Raiser's Edge) but really do you need all that customization? Why not make life simpler? :)

Beth Delcambre

Best Product and 5 Star Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-03-25

We love dealing with the people at ELEO!

Pros
ELEO Online Donor Management is the best. It has enabled us to find numerous volunteers for our organization. It is easy to create links that are easily added to emails, Facebook and our website to help us collect and document our donations, not to mention having reports available at a moments notice.We love being able to make notes about donors to help us remember relationships and other crucial bits of information. But the best thing is the Customer Service! They are always knowledgeable and answer the phones with smiles on. They are always able to help me to answer any questions that I might have.

Cons
There is nothing I can think of. I do, however, know the people there are constantly working to make ELEO better every day.

Kate Henry

Excellent product and support

Reviewed 2020-04-14

Pros
Eleo is very easy to use. A lot of it is intuitive but there is plenty of information in the knowledge base. The integrations to Constant Contact, Stripe and QuickBooks were essential for us. Their support is outstanding! I get a very quick response and they are always willing to answer questions. I don't feel like I"m lost in a call center.

Cons
I haven't found anything yet. Although the webforms are relatively easy, I'll need to spend time on learning to finesse the customization.

Chastity Corbett

Outstanding Donor Software

Reviewed 2020-03-20

I absolutely love the customer service. They are very attentive, and I always get a live person.

Pros
We are able to keep record of our donors, supporters, and create and manage events using the software. It makes everything easier and simpler to maintain.

Cons
It would be nice to have a peer to peer fundraising platform through Eleo.

Kristen Jones

A great solution at a low cost

Reviewed 2019-08-29

Overall, I think this is a great solution for the price. There are a great deal of user-friendly features to this platform, and they are willing to consider customer feedback for continued growth.

Pros
I come from a Raiser's Edge background and that was definitely not affordable for the company I am with now. This software is easy to use, and has *most* of the features I need. The integration with online giving and event registration pages is good, though a bit awkward to process. Many of the features are great, including the functionality of sending acknowledgements, receipts, tracking donor information, and allowing for customization of campaigns. Integration of online giving with Braintree has been complicated and credit card scammers have been able to make successful transactions. Eleo is looking at building in a reCaptcha. Customer support has been fantastic, and they are very willing to hear ideas for improvement.

Cons
I miss the query and reporting of Raiser's Edge. There is the ability to build customized reports, but they do not format in the nice, presentable formats of their regular reports. Mailing list-building is awkward.

Beth Miller

Eleo has been exceptionally functional and helpful with our transition away from spread sheets.

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Easily solicit LYBUNTs for end of year solicitations Integration for online donations Customer support for all questions

Pros
Customer support!! I am so delighted to talk to a real person when I have a problem. They are always quick to solve things. They also take our suggestions and try to incorporate new tools into the database as they make sense for organizations like ours. Ease of use- I have used and implemented 4 other databases at various non profits and this has been the easiest getting started with and training other individuals on. Functionality- We are able to track donors and pull useful reports. Integration- We are able to make custom webforms easily and targeted to specific uses.

Cons
Emailing using the database. I love that I am always able to track back what I sent out using the database but standard email products have so much more flexibility and versatility. I know that ELEO is always looking to improve functionality.

Carolee Marano

Eleo is flexible and feature-rich, an incredible value, and the support team is top-notch.

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Highly improved, more efficient and accurate data capture; reduced data management redundancies; better dashboard control over donations, fundraising and grants; easy data filtering and reporting to meet a variety of existing and emerging business purposes.

Pros
The software is easy to use to support data capture and reporting according to our organization's specific needs. The filtering and sorting aspects of Eleo let us easily work with different segments of our population of supporters, from individual to corporate donors, to event sponsors, to grant-makers...and more. Eleo works very well at a great price for our donations/donors and fundraising operations. The relatively new grants module adds unparalleled value to the Eleo software. The support team is professional, responsive, skilled, responsive and pleasant to work with. The overall value is outstanding.

Cons
Eleo is so function- and feature-rich that it is was challenging to learn from the general trainings how to use all of it optimally for our unique needs and goals. Nonetheless, the Eleo support team was highly responsive to all of our questions and helped us quickly learn how to use Eleo to best serve our organization's needs.

Rose Cofone

From the actual product to the wonderful support services, Eleo Online fulfills our needs.

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Eleo is as beneficial to me as any database system that I've used in the past at much larger organizations. It satisfies the donor information needs and offers the ability to retrieve, update donor information, and follow-up with donors through various appeals, letters, newsletters, or other communications with great ease.

Pros
I've worked with large foundations that were established decades ago and have thousands of donors. These institutions have donor database software systems that are outstanding. Moving to a much smaller but equally worthwhile foundation less than three years ago, I met with Eleo representatives and found them to offer a high quality system that equaled my experience at larger institutions. The ease of learning and using this system, the costs for this product, and the utility of this database system are all outstanding. In addition, their personal support of any questions or needs that arise is also outstanding!

Cons
That Eleo Online wasn't established earlier! The Amy Foundation was established 11 years ago and all donors records were kept on excel spreadsheets, all of which was accurately incorporated with exceptional ease into the Eleo system.

Angela Ball

Great affordable database for Non-Profits!

Reviewed 2019-08-23

We are thankful to have Eleo as the price and database capabilities fit our budget for a small non-profit like us. The support team has been very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to work with us and train us at any given time. We have been able to keep better records of our donors and pull reports based on their support. This capabilities has helped the organization excel and grow!

Pros
Eleo has helped the organization become more efficient. Each program campus is able to keep up-to-date records of their volunteers, participants and donors. It has also been a great tool for keeping track of the Fundraising Events (guests count, expenses and much more). Eleo's monthly price was unbeatable compared to others!

Cons
Capability of customizing some of the reports. Need to create more filtering options. Several times I had to reach out to the Eleo team for assistance as the reports had to be done in their back end.

Kim Conrad

Easy peasy!

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Growing our database of contacts and donors has really been a breeze with Eleo. I especially like the ease of operation all around.

Pros
I love that it easily grows as our organization expands. Creating reports is much quicker than other programs I've used at other non-profits I've worked for. It is a great that I can just search the library for a quick tutorial when I need to learn more of the functionality.

Cons
Sometimes it takes longer than I would like while waiting for an answer from the help desk. Also I had an experience with combining a duplicate donor. One of the contacts had more info than the other. I thought that when I combined them that Eleo would automatically keep the one with the most information (donations listed) but it kept the one without the needed info and I had to re-create the donaions.That being said, the customer service is always professional and courteous. I do appreciate that.

Maggie Savoca

I Recommend Eleo all the time

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Eleo allows my clients to track the relationship with each stakeholder - donor, volunteer, client, community contact, etc. It allows us to segment lists so we can customize our communication with each person. Nonprofits are all about relationships. Eleo is a vital tool to help you manage the many important relationships your nonprofit has established.

Pros
I have worked with and volunteered at nonprofits for the past 30 years. I am that rare person who likes databases and believes it is one of the most important tools a nonprofit can have. Eleo is easy to use, has dynamite training and support, and is super affordable compared with comparable software programs. Put the data in correctly and you will get out what you need to know to move your nonprofit forward. And if you need help doing it - support will help with that.

Cons
I can't think of anything I didn't like about Eleo. So many nonprofits are paying outrageous software fees without investing in the training to use it properly. Use Eleo, get trained and save money.

Sarah Robinson

Great software at a great price. We can now easily access our data for the information we need.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
Easy to use for entry and it is organized in a way that makes sense. We have donors and members. We can easily see where each stands and process new members and renewals. Easy to create letters and integrate for email communication. Provides lots of reports and each report can be filtered for what one needs. Customer support is friendly and efficient.

Cons
The software does what it is suppose to. It would be nice if I could have a software at this price that included my website, email, accounting system but I know that is not realistic.

Sasa Olessi Montano

Eleo has completely changed the way we manage our donations!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Ease and accuracy of data collection, ease of pulling data reports, time saving!

Pros
The software is intuitive and fairly easy to learn how to use. Eleo employees are incredibly helpful at training on the use of the software, responding to questions and troubleshooting issues - all in a timely manner. We were previously using an Excel spreadsheet - which was cumbersome and prone to errors. This software has improved the accuracy of our data entry and ease of pulling data reports.

Cons
The main drawback is that we didn't discover the software sooner! :) We use this software for pulling weekly deposit entries, as well pulling short and long term donation reports for use internally and for our direct mail campaign, and have been extremely satisfied with the amount of time it saves us and its ease of use!

Ellie Freedman

Easy to use and all the features we need.

Reviewed 2018-02-25

The software let us organize and share our data. Instead of having data in many different systems and spreadsheets we now have the information we need in one online place. Our communication has improved also due to the integration with Mail Chimp and the ability to create list and print labels. We can even create lists and send it to Avery Labels for various creative print jobs.

Pros
The software is easy to use and the screens are organized well. Easy data entry screens. Reports allow you to select the information you want. Live customer service is great.

christina mccarthy

Easy and intuitive!

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Eleo is an easy to use system that allows me to track and monitor my donors. When I have needed help, the support I have gotten through email and phone has been quick and effective. I highly recommend eleo!

Pros
Eleo makes sense. I run a small non-profit, with no special fundraising staff, and the Eleo software ease-of-use makes it extremely valuable to me. I don't have the time needed to become an expert on the huge platforms, and eleo can do just about everything that I need.

Cons
The only issue I have had is with combining multiple gifts from a single donor for a letter. I need to have the gifts listed separately, but I don't think eleo does that.

Jabeen Obaray

Eleo has been a lifechanger for us!

Reviewed 2019-03-27

We were previously using an Excel sheet to track thousands of donors *cringe*. Unfortunately, most donor databases were way out of our non-profit budget. Eleo is not only affordable, but was incredibly user friendly and quick to learn. On top of that, the customer service is fantastic. I receive a check-in email from one of the staff on a regular basis and if I have questions, she promptly provides an answer!

Pros
The reasonable cost (especially compared to other databases) and ease of use/quick learning curve.

Cons
It would be nice if we could use the internal thank you feature by uploading our logo and customizing. However, we are still able to do this with a mail merge, so it's not a huge loss.

Christopher Miller

Quality, Affordable, and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Eleo is used as our donor database. Since we are a small non-profit organization the extra gimmicks and tools are not needed. Eleo has even more options than our company utilizes. The price is fair and the functionality works since we have a full-time employee who is dedicated to updating the records. Eleo has to be used by an active employee. It is not meant to be run by a passive approach. My experience with customer service has been the most beneficial part of Eleo. Since, it is a smaller company I have never had to wait for a representative to answer the phone. The representatives are stationed in the United States and are easily understandable and they're almost always available. They also offer the ability to sign up for an appointment the following day.

Pros
The software is extremely user friendly. There is a navigation bar at the top of the site and there are many customizable options within each page. Furthermore, the settings allows you to control much of the database. They have integration with mail chimp and PayPal, but I have yet to explore that region.

Cons
The software does have numerous customizable options, but there are limitations. The software is basic in its function and for large companies or non-profits it is too manually concentrated.

Julie Nordstrom

Very satisfied!

Reviewed 2019-03-18

Eleo has been a very good choice for our non-profit. Once the information base was in the system, it has proven to be an efficient and time-saving way of tracking our gifts to this organization.

Pros
Eleo is easy to use and has all the information so easily accessable. The thing I like most about this software is the availability of the information for each contributor. I glean information from the contact info as I record the current gift. This saves me time and makes the statistics more accurate.

Cons
The only thing I wish was a bit different, is that I wish we could add a couple of specific information tidbits to each contributor's gift (I.e. who the gift is in memory of). We have found ways to make this work, but it is a little more cumbersome.

Eileen Harkins

Intuitive, Easy to Learn Software - With Top-Notch Customer Service!

Reviewed 2019-03-19

Eleo will allow us to more quickly manage donation data (to tie donations to specific fundraising campaigns) - we used to just use a spreadsheet to track donations for this purpose. It will also allow us to more fluidly build and manage mailing lists for invitations, appeals and events. This was previously a very painstaking manual process, using a combination of financial software data, Excel, and many rounds of review and edits. The help/library feature built into Eleo is very good; even so, I have encountered a few glitches and/or challenges while setting up and test-reporting using our data in Eleo. In all cases, Eleo customer service was incredibly responsive and have been able to resolve my issues quickly and efficiently!

Pros
Eleo is very easy to learn to use, and so far has proven very flexible in its reporting options so we can slice & dice data as we need/want.

Cons
I can't batch-enter donations, which would be a nice feature to save time during periods of high-volume giving. Also, the Relationships feature could be more robust so that we can more easily (and quickly) connect individuals to employers/organizations and/or family members. Also, adding Relationships in donor records is a notably slow process.