Eleo Logo

Online donor management & fundraising software

Eleo Reviews

Suggested alternatives

donorperfect-fundraising-software
donorsnap
everyaction

The people at Eleo are kind, friendly and super helpful and supportive. Eleo has saved me thousands of dollars a year and has helped me raise even more than they have saved me.
We love being able to make notes about donors to help us remember relationships and other crucial bits of information. But the best thing is the Customer Service.
Customer service is great - migration from other systems is easier than expected and price is great. I would recommend this software to any nonprofit.
Label function is limited. And I had issues with missing information when did my first download.
There has been only one instance where I found it difficult to organize a list.
This program can be difficult to navigate if the user is not trained properly.

PJ

Penny J.

Executive Director

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Thanks to Eleo, we are organized!

Transcript

Penny J.: I'm Penny. I am the executive director of a non-profit that works with young children and elementary...

BG

Bill G.

Executive Director

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best bang for your donor's buck

Transcript

Bill: Hi! My name is Bill, and I'm an executive director, and I want to give Eleo five out of five stars....

Civic & Social Organization,

Fantastic product for a low cost.

Pros

This product is super easy to use, even for coworkers for are not tech savy. If you ever had a question, their customer service team responds super quickly to assist with whatever you need.

Cons

There are a few negatives and kinks to the program. The first is that not all fields are able to be customized which makes it a little tricky trying to navigate it to fit the needs of your organization. I have encountered a few kinks in the program and mentioned it to their team and within a few weeks the kinks were fixed (i.e. not being able to soft credit a pledge payment or link a pledge payment to an event).

LG

LaToya G.

Love them

It's just amazing. Especially, for someone like me who can be technically challenged. Again easy to use and they ensure you are set up for success!

Pros

I love this software because it's easy to use. It also has a lot of functionality. Additionally, there are user guides in the system. They have weekly trainings. You can also schedule your own personal training. What I like most is the personal touch. They reach out to you and you can always get a hold of someone.

Cons

There is nothing. I don't have any complaints!

TW

Tonya W.

Software Review

Pros

Customer service is excellent. They are very responsive to questions and provide answers.

Cons

There are not clear definition documentation regarding "all" fields when importing data. This information is very important when customizing the software to a particular organization.

SP

Suzanne P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best, easiest to use and least expensive of any donation tracking software I've tried

Eleo makes it easy to get support--both initially and long term. They work with you extensively at the beginning to help get you started, then they are there on the phone for quick questions in the future.

Pros

It's very easy to use for all the basic features. As I got more familiar with it, I started using the advanced features such as adding a custom data entry field, and uploading my new donations vs manual data entry. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online if you prefer. The way I do our books made this feature not quite right for me, but I can see it being a great feature for others.

Cons

When manually entering new donations, it's a little cumbersome to have to search for the donor, open the donor record, then click on gifts, then add a gift. When I have a lot to enter, it's irritating. But I decided to just upload the new deposits. All you have to do is have a routine Excel spreadsheet and enter your donations quickly there. I routinely have a current downloaded list from Eleo with all the donors account numbers. I add the account number to the donation uploads, then upload the file. So quick and easy.

UK

Ursula K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Eleo is perfect for us! Very easy to use and the customer service is first rate

Pros

Eleo Online has proven to be the perfect CRM solution for our organization. Key strengths of Eleo include its intuitive donor management capabilities and adaptive pricing structure, making it both effective and cost-efficient. Eleo's customer support is first-rate, capable, and always willing to assist. Furthermore, Eleo's comprehensive privacy policy instills a sense of trust and security for our team. Lastly, we appreciate their detailed features catered towards the nonprofit sector, demonstrating Eleo's dedication to serving and optimizing the operations of organizations like ours. In summary, Eleo Online stands out as an exceptional CRM, marrying functionality with user experience, and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Cons

Our team has not come across any problems with Eleo.

MK

Michael K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Does exactly what it says and exactly what we need

Eleo is not only a great piece of software and capabilities but every time I call I get to talk to a live person that listens and addresses my needs. Even the ones I should have addressed myself with their awesome online help section.

Pros

Everything was very simple and easy to get started including the option for historical data to be loaded in. Eleo has so much more to offer as we grow and expand the mission and we have only scratched the surface with over 10k donors in our system.

Cons

Nothing truly makes me think about not liking anything in Eleo. It is an awesome product.

KC

Katy C.

Fantastic software and support

Easy to track donations and run reports.

Pros

Eleo is easy to use, and the support is fantastic. I also use Eleo for the Upperville Colt & Horse Show.

Cons

The duplicate check is odd- if I run the same search more than once, I often receive different results. It's probably me. LOL.

PZ

Pat Z.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

eleo is perfect for small Non-Profits

An overall excellent experience. the suppor tdepartment is timely, helpful and provides results.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. eleo was relativley easy to set up in the beginning and it is easy to use on a daily basis.

Cons

Ability to devleop a couple of reports I would like to have, but support has been able to produce them for me.

GT

George T.

I love Eleo Donor Management Platform

Any issues (and they have been related to getting used to the software mechanics) have been resolved with the patient assistance of the Eleo customer service staff. They are top notch.

Pros

I work for a very small not-for-profit. I was initially attracted to the monthly cost, which fit my budget. But when I saw the demo, and started asking questions of the staff I realized, the Eleo platform was very good. It had all the right features, it was customizable, and the staff was very helpful, patient, and courteous. Then when I provided my data for them to import...OH MY GOODNESS! Everything was flawless. Its a match made in heaven!

Cons

The platform I used previously for my donor portal sent me an email every time a donor made a donation. Eleo's system does not do that. I have to open Eleo to see if I have any donations. This is not a major problem. I have had to change habits. But I did like the automatic email notifications used to receive.

ES

Evett S.

Eleo Review

I enjoy working with this program. It's easy to learn and has the ability to customize many areas. The Eleo staff is super supportive and helpful!

Pros

Eleo is a great fit for this organization. It is a simple user-friendly platform that easily captures information and provides detailed reporting, allowing us to make informed decisions.

Cons

My concerns are being addressed in the 2024 Eleo updates.

PJ

Penny J.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Thanks to Eleo, we are organized!

For twenty years our organization got by with incomplete spreadsheets and scattered files before finally moving all of our donor records to Eleo. Even tiny organizations need Eleo! We can now track trends in giving. We can send email and personalized printed letters with ease. Our tech-adverse founders now see the value of a donor management system, and Eleo was the user-friendly vehicle that took them there. Eleo's customer service is the key: our questions and concerns are answered almost immediately through a personal email or phone call. We definitely recommend Eleo!

Pros

As a very small local nonprofit, we needed donor management software that was easy for 1-2 people to administer. We needed something efficient and easy to learn at an affordable price. Eleo was the answer. The stellar customer service and training is personal and fast. Database entry is intuitive and data is easy to manage. We especially like the customizable webforms (contact, donation) that easily integrate into the databases. We seamlessly correlated our Braintree and MailChimp accounts with Eleo. Eleo is perfect for tiny organizations like ours. We have a robust management system with a price we can afford.

Cons

There is one feature I hope Eleo will be able to add someday. I would like to be able to create videoclips to send to donors through Eleo. Just the ability to upload videoclips to Eleo would be a nice feature.

KB

Kaleitha B.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

A great CRM system!

The Eleo support staff is responsive, patient, and knowledgeable throughout the data migration process and beyond. They are always available to answer any questions and direct us to further resources or free personal training sessions if necessary. Eleo also offers occasional webinars to break down various aspects of the system. These Inside Eleo webinars are invaluable with clear and easy to follow presenters and information. The sessions are recorded which makes it great for revisiting when needed.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and use. It encompasses all the types of data that we were looking to manage, including donors, gifts, grants, events, volunteers, and members. The migration process was simple and overseen by an Eleo support person at no cost. This person was very attentive and patient along the way as we prepared our data for import. The system is easy to customize to fit the needs of our agency and we have added several fields to capture exactly the data that we want. The company is also open to suggestions for features we would like to see added to the system.

Cons

So far we have found nothing that we dislike. We are still fairly new to the system.

CM

Carolee M.

Eleo is flexible and feature-rich, an incredible value, and the support team is top-notch.

Highly improved, more efficient and accurate data capture; reduced data management redundancies; better dashboard control over donations, fundraising and grants; easy data filtering and reporting to meet a variety of existing and emerging business purposes.

Pros

The software is easy to use to support data capture and reporting according to our organization's specific needs. The filtering and sorting aspects of Eleo let us easily work with different segments of our population of supporters, from individual to corporate donors, to event sponsors, to grant-makers...and more. Eleo works very well at a great price for our donations/donors and fundraising operations. The relatively new grants module adds unparalleled value to the Eleo software. The support team is professional, responsive, skilled, responsive and pleasant to work with. The overall value is outstanding.

Cons

Eleo is so function- and feature-rich that it is was challenging to learn from the general trainings how to use all of it optimally for our unique needs and goals. Nonetheless, the Eleo support team was highly responsive to all of our questions and helped us quickly learn how to use Eleo to best serve our organization's needs.

AB

Angela B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great affordable database for Non-Profits!

We are thankful to have Eleo as the price and database capabilities fit our budget for a small non-profit like us. The support team has been very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to work with us and train us at any given time. We have been able to keep better records of our donors and pull reports based on their support. This capabilities has helped the organization excel and grow!

Pros

Eleo has helped the organization become more efficient. Each program campus is able to keep up-to-date records of their volunteers, participants and donors. It has also been a great tool for keeping track of the Fundraising Events (guests count, expenses and much more). Eleo's monthly price was unbeatable compared to others!

Cons

Capability of customizing some of the reports. Need to create more filtering options. Several times I had to reach out to the Eleo team for assistance as the reports had to be done in their back end.

HF

Hilary F.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Incredible Product, Especially for the Price

Pros

This software is fully functional, with all modules included in the price. No having to pay for adding in a volunteer module, and events module, a grants module, etc. It's cloud-based, and there is no limit to the users. The support from ELEO us absolutely SUPERB! Call, get a person, get an answer. They don't charge you extra for it. They provide lots of training videos and documents as well as offer one-on-one trainings by request... none of which they charge for. They also didn't charge for the initial import/transfer of my data from our old software. Couldn't be happier. This is an amazing piece of software, especially for the price.

Cons

I'm still relatively new to this product, so any 'trouble' I'm having may very well be yet my own lack of understanding on how to do something. I do wish it switched from one screen to the next more quickly, though. Minor issue when compared to all the positives.

DH

Debbi H.

Eleo is the perfect for Our Nonprofit Organization

We cannot say enough positive things about the product and the customer service.

Pros

It was so easy implement Eleo and learning how to use it was a breeze. Between the excellent customer service and wonderful training materials, we were up and running immediately. The program is very user-friendly and intuitive and the features cover just about any situation we’ve encountered. The reporting features have helped us to improve our fundraising.

Cons

There are no cons! We are very happy with all aspects of Eleo

LD

Leta D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Our first donor management software

Prior to using Eleo, we had been using basic spreadsheets for donor management and tracking. Eleo has allowed us to manage all donor information in one place and further map out a strategic plan for fundraising.

Pros

I absolutely love all the capabilities Eleo has for organizing data and customization. Being able to input our own campaigns, appeals, and funds allows us to use Eleo's features to fit our specific needs. The customer service is impeccable and I appreciate how quick and easy it is to get assistance when needed.

Cons

We have yet to encounter and issue with Eleo! My only "complaint" would be that the system can run a bit slowly at times, but I imagine this is to be expected with any software with a high volume of data, not necessarily just Eleo. Other than that, I have no complaints about the software or our experience.

EF

Ellie F.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and all the features we need.

The software let us organize and share our data. Instead of having data in many different systems and spreadsheets we now have the information we need in one online place. Our communication has improved also due to the integration with Mail Chimp and the ability to create list and print labels. We can even create lists and send it to Avery Labels for various creative print jobs.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the screens are organized well. Easy data entry screens. Reports allow you to select the information you want. Live customer service is great.

EH

Eileen H.

Banking, 1-10 employees

Intuitive, Easy to Learn Software - With Top-Notch Customer Service!

Eleo will allow us to more quickly manage donation data (to tie donations to specific fundraising campaigns) - we used to just use a spreadsheet to track donations for this purpose. It will also allow us to more fluidly build and manage mailing lists for invitations, appeals and events. This was previously a very painstaking manual process, using a combination of financial software data, Excel, and many rounds of review and edits. The help/library feature built into Eleo is very good; even so, I have encountered a few glitches and/or challenges while setting up and test-reporting using our data in Eleo. In all cases, Eleo customer service was incredibly responsive and have been able to resolve my issues quickly and efficiently!

Pros

Eleo is very easy to learn to use, and so far has proven very flexible in its reporting options so we can slice & dice data as we need/want.

Cons

I can't batch-enter donations, which would be a nice feature to save time during periods of high-volume giving. Also, the Relationships feature could be more robust so that we can more easily (and quickly) connect individuals to employers/organizations and/or family members. Also, adding Relationships in donor records is a notably slow process.

KE

Ken E.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Eleo is helping our nonprofit.

Eleo helps us look better to our donors because we are doing a better job of donor relations. It has helped increase the amount we received from our current donor base.

Pros

We chose eleo because of its ability to keep track of couples with different last names. It keeps track of both informal and formal salutations, so our communications can be personalized appropriately. Best of all, the customer support staff at eleo truly wants us to be successful. They are very knowable, patient, and friendly.

Cons

Getting the mail merge working proved a challenge. Once the right settings were in place, the process has become fast and easy.

DH

Dianne H.

Great product - Amazing customer service and support

From the demo, launch and now support - everything has exceeded expectations.

Pros

We are a small non-profit look for an affordable way to do many things. Ease of use and customer service/access to support was important to our team. Eleo has exceeded our expectations in terms of support.

Cons

I wish some things were a little more customizable, but again we're getting everything we "need" for an exceptional price.

MH

Maria H.

Great service !

I really enjoy using Eleo super easy to use .

Pros

I use Eleo Daily i like how Eleo keeps track of the Thank you letters I have to send out.

Cons

I don't like that im not able to select certain features that I really need for special reports.

AH

Alexis H.

1-10 employees

I love Eleo

Excited to dive deep into this system and see how our donor system will grow with Eleo's help!

Pros

I love the built-in support mechanisms- being able to make notes about how to use each page for other users, library with step by step instructions and a support button live support! Eleo treats each customer fairly in terms of support and features regardless of client size and pricing level- very important. Eleo will import all of your initial data for a free- this feature is usually a huge fee! I love that to do list and calendars can integrate with my Google account. The Grant Management section is nice and easy to use. Overall, this program is ideal for anyone! Thank you Eleo for creating such a great system!

Cons

So far, I have nothing to complain about! It is not the prettiest system in the world, it is very basic but in the end that simple look makes it easy for anyone to use.

LK

Laura K.

Amazing Customer Service

Pros

Every time I call Eleo, I was get a person to speak with rather than an automated machine.

Cons

Some of the features are a manual such as not being able to upload bounced email. It would be great to be able to also upload from stripe, rather than just a download or processing.

KK

Kathleen K.

Great product for non-profits

Overall, it has been a great experience. Any questions or confusion I have, there are great resources available, still confused - call your support team and they will help you. I love the integration with Stripe and Constant Contact, and Canva. Online forms for donations and registrations are easy to streamline everything.

Pros

ELEO incorporates multiple areas of non-profit management. From how information is input, reports that can be pulled, integrating with online donation, email marketing, and event management. The customer service is amazing, as are the resources to learn how to utilize the software effectively.

Cons

I am not able to add a signature file to the letter template.