Pushpay Logo

Giving and engagement management for churches

Pushpay Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.72/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

toucantech
network-for-good

The customer support was wonderful and the resources they give are wonderful. They can make customizable apps you can create.
Donor management is very good, and payment processing is very good for our church.
Pushpay is seamless and the Customer Support is amazing, quick and Knowledgeable.
We inform them “a contract that you have breached by the contract, we are moving on. After 3 months and $2400 the only thing we received from PushPay is lies and incompetence.
When we spoke with the Sales Reps boss we discovered he had no idea who we were or the issues we were having (i.e. the Sales Rep lied).
I dislike that it doesn’t integrate with Planner, which we use to coordinate all of our church teams.

Daniel E.

Senior Pastor

Rolls Royce Prices for Nissan Quality

Transcript

Daniel: Hi, my name is Daniel. I'm a senior pastor. I give Pushpay two out of five. For more reviews...

Steve C.

Youth Pastor

Using Pushpay for Church Ministry

Transcript

Steve: I'm Steve. I'm a Youth Pastor. I give Pushpay a five out of five rating. And form more reviews...

Aaron J R.

11-50 employees

Great software to organize finances and giving

A great way to combine a multitude of services into one!

Pros

Pushpay makes offering/tracking/reviewing finances incredibly easy from the admin side to the app side. We used to have separate services for text-to-give, online giving, etc. Now, we've centralized everything with Pushpay and can't imagine doing it any other way. Customer service is great as well!

Cons

I wish the transactions filter was more user-friendly; having time limits on lookups make it difficult if you're searching for a rogue gift or looking at long-term trends. Besides that, it's hard to complain.

Thank you for your review Aaron!

DP

Diana P.

Used monthly for 2+ years

No customer service

Over the last three to four weeks I have repeatedly attempted to communicate with customer service and have received several times an almost identical email in reply. They are not addressing my concerns and will not cancel with us even though we have paid in full and are not requesting a refund. My only conclusion is to believe that their customer service is a computer and not a person.

Pros

We used PushPay for a number of years when we were with a network of churches. We saw it as a credit card processing company and did not have full access to the product.

Cons

When we became an individual church we attempted to keep the same service. Instead we were over sold a product that was much more than we needed. While attempting to contact customer services we discovered that we were in a two year contract that could not be canceled. Their policies are company centered not customer centered.

Diana, we're so sorry your experience with Pushpay hasn't met your expectations. Putting people first is one of our core values, so we want to make sure your concerns are addressed. Can you please share your organization name?

PK

Peggy K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

The costs were high with little customer support

The costs were high ( Monthly subscription fee + Card/ACH fee + Batch header fee + Sales item fee). However, there are NO customer service. As a nonprofit organization, when we have issues with our donations, there's no phone number we can call to get our issues resolve quickly. We can only submit a ticket on their website and hope for someone to actually email us back. A lot of times, they won't get any response back till months later. Sometimes our tickets would be "closed" without us knowing. Pushpay only offer phone number for POTENTIAL NEW CUSTOMERS if you want to talk to their sales. We are looking for other donation platforms options.

Pros

Takes some efforts and time to set up. Easy to use once set up if not running into any issues

Cons

Some functions are not very intuitive. Ie, It's hard to change/edit donor's information after set up. Also if the donor pause or cancel recurring donations, there's no easy way to keep track.

DE

Daniel E.

Rolls Royce Prices for Nissan Quality

PushPay is overpriced and undefeatured. They also required a three-month notice to cancel them. As a result, we found ourselves simultaneously paying for our new online giving provider and for PushPay.

Pros

PushPay fulfills its purpose. It provides your church or organization with online giving options. However, in a world flooded with similar companies, PushPay charges Rolls Royce prices and delivers Nissan quality and features.

Cons

PushPay is extraordinarily expensive. They charged our church $150 per month regardless of the receiving a single donation online. On top of that, they charged the highest per donation fees of any other company and supplied us with fewer features. I highly recommend going with just about anyone other than PushPay.

re

roy e.

My review!

overall experience has been good.

Pros

donor management is very good, and payment processing is very good for our church.

Cons

Seems expensive, but works well, so you get what you pay for!

Thank you so much for your review, Roy! We're happy to hear you find value in our offerings and we look forward to providing you with excellent customer support!

MS

Marissa S.

Game changer!

Our church uses this software for "text to give" and "app giving." Great way to be available for those who don't carry cash or checkbooks on them and want to give to a project.

Pros

I love the convenience of this software. It is linked to our church app so it is very easy to get to and use, along with the "text to give" with our church's name being the subject.

Cons

I wish it wouldn't lump the giving amounts together. It is sometimes time-consuming to figure out which giving records were lumped together.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

PushPay; The Best Giving Software.

We feel a safety and security that we won't experience any sudden issues with our giving whether that be in regards to people not being able to give, glitches, or security when they give.

Pros

If you want a software that makes giving easy to handle behind the scenes, and offers an experience for users that's effortless? PushPay is the option for you. Not only can you give online, but you can give from your mobile device with the touch of one button. They use leading security standards to make sure your accounts are safe from any intrusion. The process of implementation is incredible, they walk with you step by step in moving from other giving platforms and it makes everything feel like a breeze.

Cons

We are currently using F1 as a church and we have integrated F1 with PushPay, this can sometimes cause a headache, but eventually we plan to move from using this integration and use PushPay alone.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great way to donate

Overall they offer a great experience to the individual wanting to give without the trouble of the old church methods. It is worth it depending on the size of the church.

Pros

This software really takes the hassle away for donating to any non profit or faith based organizations. It is so simple to set up and it keeps track of the amount given, it also has the option to set up an automatic payment option, which is handy if you are a regular church or religious attendee and tithe every week.

Cons

Works fantastic as an app, but I have had a bit of trouble using the web browser. Also they were a bit more pricey than other options out there, not all churches can afford to pay the amount.

RC

Robert C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Giving made easy

Pros

The two things we like best about Pushpay is the end-user experience has been very easy and positive. We also opted into a deal where they created a mobile app for our church. That was very helpful

Cons

We still have had a few issues learning the text to give but that’s more on our end. We will reach out again and are sure that their tech-support will help us

Jami B.

Easy to give

Love it and I tell all my pastor friends how we enjoy it.

Pros

I love how easy it is to give to our church, or any church that is set up. On the side of setting up for different giving options with my church it is super easy and works great! Over 75% of my churches giving comes in on PushPay.

Cons

Can’t really think of anything I don’t like.

JS

Joshua S.

Easiest Tool on the Market

Stable, reliable, and a great team to work with.

Pros

Recurring giving is made very easy. We are 87% giving online only.

Cons

Processing charges and fees are the highest in the arena

We appreciate your review, Joshua! It's always great to hear how our solutions impact your ministry. We are constantly striving to innovate and provide best-in-class solutions that prove their value to our customers like you.

ED

Emily D.

Love Pushpay!!!!

Pros

I love the online giving platform in Pushpay! Very user friendly.

Cons

A feature that I feel could be added is more options to run financial data reports.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Emily! We love to hear that our platform is user-friendly, and we will be sure to relay the feedback around financial data reports.

JC

James C.

False Promotion of Fees

When our church signed up (Irving, TX), we were assured that the credit card processing fees were cheaper than other options (PayPal was specifically mentioned) and would run 2-2.5%. We used Push Pay for nearly two years. Our last several months, the credit card processing fees were 3.5-3.8%, far more than other companies. Then they raised their monthly fees from $75-99. All total, factoring in ACH, we paid 2.9% on our $13,000 of Push Pay revenue in October ($380). That is not acceptable. Most of all, I am disappointed in the deceit perpetrated in the pricing.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Limited to one bank account in processing. Overall fees are misrepresented and quite high.

Hey Jim, I noticed you posted about about this yesterday as well and I have personally taken your complaint up to our processing team. They explained the reason why the CC processing fee was high (due to the types of credit cards used) and they would love to talk with you about it. Would you like someone to call you today? -Stephanie

MM

Michael M.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

We use pushpay for all of our online church giving.

Increased users.

Pros

PushPay makes giving very simple, gives you a free app you can use along with their app and software. They are very helpful in terms of customer service and very responsive to inquiries and problems. We also integrate pushpay with our Rock RMS database, which has been very nice,

Cons

The price. It is a steep price you pay to use pushpay. A monthly + fees and percentages, it all adds up to quite a bit. They do make giving much easier for your church so some cost is offset by the addition of new and first time givers who were maybe turned off from the previous system. We are still working through some of that and considering if in the end it is ultimately worth it for us.

Thank you so much for your review Michael!

MF

Maizy F.

Used monthly for 2+ years

"OK" Church Giving Tool

While I like the concept of online giving, I think Pushpay is an expensive tool, that you'd have to make sure is worth your investment. There are other online payment tools available, which would be lower in fees. Overall, Pushpay does what it promises, but at a price.

Pros

Pushpay does what they promise, and that is to provide an online experience for those who want to give to their church digitally. I like that that we can give online whenever convenient, and we have the option to give with credit card or bank account, and set recurring as desired. Like any online payment tool, this is super convenient, and eliminates the necessity of carrying money or a check to church. The interface is simple enough that most can use it without issue.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Pushpay are the fees. While it's understandable that that they are a business who needs to make money, many churches have found it a hardship to pay their base fee as well as the percentage they take for the transition. For most churches, this would likely be thousands per year.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Maizy. Please let us know if there is any way we can help further prove the value of our technology.

RD

Robin D.

Great for online giving

I believe it encourages generosity in our church because it is incredibly simple. It's not just techies who give through pushpay!

Pros

It is simple to use, either online or by text. The auto withdrawal is invaluable. The daily reports I receive on giving are easy to work with

Cons

They send a lot of emails with a parent organization (I think). I will receive emails from Church Fuel or something that, at first glance, I don't associate with pushpay.

GD

Gordon D.

They talk a good game

Pros

There is nothing good I can say about Pushpay.

Cons

Besides being the most expensive credit card processor for churches they know nothing about customer service and treating the customer fairly. We had a 3 year contract with them that was nothing but frustration and trouble. In January I emailed and told them we would not renew when our contract was up 2/27/21. They went ahead and withdrew $6000 from our account anyway! And now they say, "We can only give $5000 back." One thousand dollars is a lot for our church. The latest numbers I could find is Pushpay made over $98 million dollars in 2018. They lost a customer ( and hopefully many more, when I talk to other churches I know) over $1,000.

RS

Robbey S.

A must software that pays for its self quickly.

Pros

For a church that meets once a week corporately, this is an awesome giving solution. I've spoken with pastors who think they can't afford it and in minutes of showing them the weekly stats the pushpay give you they understand they were wrong. The mobile app is great, text to give feature works wonderful, and it integrates well with your website.

Cons

There is no reason you should not do business with this company and grow your giving today. 1/3 of our giving comes from this app.

MP

Moses P.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great for our monthly tithes

Pros

We absolutely love this product for paying our monthly church tithes. It has made everything so much easier now that we set it up for a weekly draw on our account and that's it!! Also, if we are wanting to contribute to any other fund at the church they simply add it to the drop down menu and we can easily go in and pay whether we are in church or not. Makes everything much more simple and keeps our tithes on track so that we don't miss any.

Cons

The only con I have noticed is there aren't many people in our church using it right now. I think the 55 and older crowd still prefer to write a check so we haven't seen the full benefits of implementing it just yet. But we are going to set up "stations" at events to have some of the youth set it up for people who might not be as tech savvy.

AM

Amy M.

Switching from PushPay

I am currently in the process of switching our online giving platform to something much cheaper with better customer service.

Pros

It is a good product that works very well. Its easy for users and admins to use and navigate. There isn't anything wrong with the service they offer.

Cons

It has the worst customer service that I've dealt with. They offer incentives that are impossible to meet, they don't respond to service tickets, they charged our church the wrong amount and took over 2 months to return the money to our account (over $2000!). The product cost WAY too much money. There are other products out there that offer the same things for a lot less money.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Simple on the outside...

Very friendly sales and support but the giving was complicated to have to coordinate on the back end.

Pros

When this product was first viewed it looked like a simple version to a complicated problem of giving to the non profit through an app.

Cons

Once we began to get into the nuts and bolts of USING the application, it was definitely not user friendly and had many many hiccups in coordinating with our already existing giving system.

Brad D.

Real Estate, self-employed

Broken CVV Validator

Tech Support seems fairly incompetent and has a hard time grasping technical issues. Perhaps they do not really have a development team and simply contracted code development and shifted every resource to sales and marketing since then?

Pros

Fairly simple as an end-user for most things, some UI components could be improved, like deleting cards.

Cons

The AMEX code behind pushpay is buggy and does not allow adding AMEX payment options if the card has a 3-digit CVV code. This could potentially impact a fair number of payers and prevent adoption of online payments. Do you really want to block 10, 15, 20% of your potential audience from paying on-line???

BB

Brian B.

Used other for 1-2 years

Pushpay review

Pros

Easy to navigate and use from multiple devices.

Cons

The annual cost is very high. The entry cost was spot on. It would be nice if it stayed at that rate.

KT

Kevin T.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

PushPay fulfills a need in today's culture

We have been highly satisfied and our members have embraced this method of giving.

Pros

Pushpay enables our members to give on multiple platforms in a convenient way. It also provides for automatic withdrawal. It enables us to create specific areas of ministry where people can choose to give.

Cons

I cant recall anything we disliked except maybe the price could always be more affordable?

KT

Kevin T.

Church Giving Made Easy!

We are incredibly satisfied with using Pushpay and have seen an increase of giving that is consistent through the online platform.

Pros

The simple and ease of implementing the software. It took very little time to setup and was fully functional for our members to be using. Members also expressed the ease of giving online through using Pushpay.

Cons

working through the setup menus to designate different giving options.