Text In Church Logo
Text In Church

The trusted text & email software to help your church thrive

visit website

Text In Church Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

This software is outstanding. Not only is it easy to set up and implement, but the positive feedback you get from being able to easily communicate with guest, congregations, groups, etc, is non-stop.

Danielle K.

It's the best investment we've made for our church and it continues to grow and improve providing the best features you could ask for.

Danielle K.

We are doing a much better at data aquisition and therefore better at leading people through a funnel/process of assimilation as well as spiritual development.

JR

John R.

Sometimes the integration with Planning Center Online is spotty. That can be frustrating.

AJ

Adam J.

The only issue I have with the software is the lack of email open reports. You have to manually check each person to see if they opened the email.

Danielle K.

There was too much communication and it took forever to cancel. Then the emails were non stop.

CR

PastorsLine

Church Community Builder-logocaret

Church Community Builder

Compare both
How would you rate Text In Church?

Eric M.

Pastor

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great Tool for Immediate Communication with your Congregation

Transcript

Eric: My name is Eric. I'm a pastor of a local church and I give Text in Church a five, and for more...

For the price, it's a really great for automation

Transcript

Adam J.: My name is Adam and I'm a multi-site church director, and I give Text In Church four out of...

Text-in-Church review

It was okay. I couldn't justify the value for the price.

Pros

The opportunity to follow-up with people through text is great!

Cons

Expensive for churches starting out. Needs a better intro package.

Hi Aaron! Are you a church plant? We were actually born out of a church plant and offer 6 months completely free to all church plants. Reach out to our member success team and we'll be happy to get you set up. They can be reached at support@textinchurch.com

Fast Communication and a Reliable Secretary

Pros

Text In Church has helped our church spread information more quickly. The automated workflow has been the single most helpful tool in communicating with guests who have come to one of our services.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a message recording option that can be sent to all voicemail accounts on a distribution list. Some people do not have text messages, but the voicemail feature would net everyone.

Thanks for the great review Daniel.

If the church couldn't afford this program, I'd pay it myself!

Instant & easy communication with small and large groups.

Pros

I love being able to communicate quickly with the entire church or with selected groups in a moment via text messaging! Also, they can communicate back via text through the TIC Messenger App. They also help create a guest follow-up system!

Cons

We have had trouble getting our digital connect card form to work correctly at times. However, we can go into the program and collect the data when this happens.

Awesome source to reach everyone at one time

They are always helpful and quick to answer any questions or concerns that I have.

Pros

I love that this syncs with Planning Center Online. I can then choose the appropriate list to contact, and send out much needed information .

Cons

The new layout is a little hard to navigate. I really don't like that the scheduled time is in military time. It's very confusing.

Thanks for the great review Felicia! We'll be sure to get the time standardized :) You'll see that fixed very soon.

Great Effective Took

We have seen a significant response when used for events and reaching out to our 1st time visitors. It has changed the way we do church! Great tool for engaging individuals it makes contact and follow up personable.

Pros

The ease in which you can do mass texting.

Cons

The App, limitation with custom links and inability’s to set specific permissions for isers added.

Thanks for the great review! We have some new features coming the next few months that will address your cons. Including a brand new app.

Better than the rest

Pros

I tried other church texting platforms but Text In Church is more polished and simply works. I have only been using it for a week and already new guests are getting engaged. I have collected more contact info from guests in a week than I did last year!

Cons

I wish that we could use our church land line number as the texting source (Like Pastorsline)

Thanks for the great review! Nicholas, you can use your church landline. Just reach out to our support team and we'll be happy to set that up for you.

Great texting system for responding to groups of people

Pros

This is a great texting system to use when you need communication with a small group of people, we use this mostly for our student ministry.

Cons

I wish this system would integrate more with different software. We switched from using this software because it was limited to integrations.

Thanks for the review Misti! We currently integrate with Planning Center and are adding additional integrations in the near future. Thanks! ~ Tyler

For the price, it's a really great for automation

I think overall our organization really like Text In Church. It helps us to scale the "personal touch" with every person that walks through our doors.

Pros

How I can setup automation for workflows and just let the software do the rest.

Cons

Thanks, Adam! I really appreciate the review.

Text In Church is a great resources for following up with new guests

We are reaching new guests with this church everyweek. For many of the guests they feel as if they are getting a weekly touch reminding them that we care

Pros

The automated workflows are fantastic and have helped us to follow up with guests in a way that we never have before!

Cons

Hard to do everything using a mobile device

Thanks, Adam! I really appreciate the review. We have a new mobile app on the way! You're going to love it.

Great Product, Highly Reccomend!

Text in Church is a great product that ensures no one in our church is "falling through the cracks."

Pros

I really like how TIC syncs with Planning Center lists. I can have peace of mind, knowing that new visitors to my church will be followed up with instantly by a text and will go through a workflow process.

Cons

For whatever reason, Text in Church does not sync right away with Planning Center Online. That means if I create a new group and set it up in TIC to sync with PCO, it can take several hours or more to launch.

This Product Fills in the Gaps

We are using Text In Church to have a process in place that will help us to keep track of and follow up with our guests. The fact that this is an automated process ensures that this is done and does not require any manual intervention. I'm not having to depend upon someone to follow up with our guests.

Pros

What I like most about this product is that it provides follow-ups to our visitors with periodic reminders to come back to visit us or join the church. It also has an option for people to sign up for activities and events.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to add my own forms to use for different things that happen in the church. You are pretty much restricted to the templates that they offer already.

Clyde, thanks for the amazing review! Really appreciate your thoughtful review.

I love this product!

I love this product - it’s fun and it’s working to develop relationships necessary for increases engagement

Pros

The interaction with first-time guests. They are responding to texts and we are building relationships from the outset.

Cons

It doesn’t interact with Fellowship One, our church database, so I have to replicate notes from TIC to F1. I wish the 2 taking with each other.

Thanks for the great review Suzanne! We currently integrate with Planning Center and Church Community Builder, but not yet Fellowship One.

Great way to connect

We use Text In Church. It is a great way to connect with our entire church or groups within our church. Love the ease of sending out messages to my Men's Group.

Pros

I can quickly send out messages to groups. I can schedule a message to go out on certain dates and/or time.

Cons

I wish I could do this from my Android phone.

We do have an iPhone app and will release an android version for our iOS friends in the future.

Great software

Pros

I love the ease of being able to communicate with our entire congregation in only a few minutes.

Cons

The app is still slow and quirky l, even after multiple updates.

Wow! Dave thanks for the great review!

Great value and product!

Pros

I like the ease of use of the product, along with the various ways you can customize it. We use this product mainly for the texting component, but will occasionally send emails with it. I also appreciated how they continually are making the product better, there are new features added regularly!

Cons

If you had asked a couple of weeks ago, I would have said a con is that you can only send to one group at a time, but they recently changed that!

Katie, thanks for the amazing review!

Review of Text in Church

Text in Church customer service is incredible & I very much loved their option to help in getting all my forms set up so all I had to do was go in and customize.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and doesn't take a lot of time to be able to incorporate into your follow up strategy.

Cons

Overall I don't feel like there is anything I don't like about this software.

Raving fan

Pros

Powerful and easy to use to connect with others and send a reminder to my team.

Cons

None! It is one of the best decisions we made.

You should try Text In Church

We recently used the system to reach out to members who were MIA. We got 90% response from the MIA members and they actually came and are now coming to church.

Pros

The templates that are already set up makes it very easy for a newbie to start using the software. THe team seems to be very engaged with the customers/clients.

Cons

The mobile app does not allow for the same function as the software use on the computer.

Thanks, Pam! I really appreciate the review.

Text in Church is an awesome tool. Highly recommend.

Pros

The best thing about Text in Church is how easy to use it is. Anyone, no matter how good they are with computers, can easily learn how to use the software.

Cons

I really have no negatives about this software. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and the price is very reasonable!

Good for small company

Pros

Very easy to setup and get started. Straightforward instructions. Help and suppport are quick and easy to talk with when needed. The groups are easy to setup and use.

Cons

We found it was limited for the different types of emails we wanted to send as far as choices of fonts, styling of emails, etc. The "workflow" steps recommended for sending repeat emails and texts have not been good for our use.

Thanks for the review Mylinda. I'd love for you to connect with our Member Success Team to help get your automated workflow strategy dialed in. Automated workflows are typically used to send a series of messages to folks who take a particular action. It's perfect for guest follow-up or volunteer onboarding. It's not common to emails repeatedly. I'd love to help.

No one helps the church follow up with guests through text messaging like Text in Church

There is no software that is better to follow up with guests via text messages than Text in church. It is simple to use, and easy to administrate. It is also great to access the information at any point or any place.

Pros

Using this software to follow up with guests and definitely a highlight. Also, the fact that they provide a local phone number from which the texts are sent, allows a personal cell phone to stay personal.

Cons

While the cost is fair, I do feel like this type of software can be done for free. However, Text in Church makes it simple and professional. A great option for any sized church.

Wow! Thanks for the awesome review Jason.

Good way to communicate to church members

realy easy to send messages, either from the web or mobile app.

Pros

It's easy to send a text, to an the whole body or a select group of members.

Cons

It's not integrated with other software, but if all you need is a text platform, this will work.

Hi there, thanks so much for the review. What software are you wanting to integrate with? Text In Church currently integrates with Planning Center, CCB, and Mailchimp. And, others are in progress.

Excellent Church Communication Tool

It is a great way to send out text messages, emails to individuals as well as specific groups within your church community.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up, and how much easier it is to get information circulated with various people and groups within our church community.

Cons

My only wish so far is that you could attach PDF to the emails you are sending out.

Thanks, Chris! I really appreciate the review.

TIC

This gets messages to people quickly and to a lot of people at one time. It is so easy to use and very convenient.

Pros

It is very easy to use and so convenient

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about it.

Wow, Ginger thanks for the great review!

Text in Church

Text in Church helps us communicate well and directly with the largest number of people in our organization, which numbers about 500 church members.

Pros

Easy to use, reaches people better than email.

Cons

Problems with Church Management Software integration (Church Community Builder).

Paul, thanks for the awesome review.