All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Fishbowl Reviews

Pros

He is great about explaining things when their is an issue. He is always polite and ready to help.

Kelly C.

Read the full review
Have been using Fishbowl for about 8 months now and when there is something I can't figure out or need help with the chat help is always there and does a good job.

Brian N.

Read the full review
We had an awesome 2-day training with the representative. He listened to all our concerns and questions and after the second day really hit all the points where we needed help with.

Brittany R.

Read the full review

Cons

Only way we caught error was due to our KPI’s being so out off. Does not work with Amazon.

Jamie A.

Read the full review
Inability to reverse transactions when an error made or new information is received. Not enough functionality and flexibility on the reports.

Tara C.

Read the full review
They seem to be a company with outdated software that is struggling financially. They would rather have upset customers and negative feedback than try to resolve issues.

Ryan J.

Asset to Our Company

They have done a wonderful job in taking care of us from learning to use it to just small mistakes here and there. The support is outstanding.

Pros

Fishbowl is a great asset to our company. It has been wonderful in helping us manage inventory for our warehouse and tracking errors. The customer support is always amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our representative is one of the most helpful people. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with the product.

Cons

Some reports cost extra, but I understand that it takes them time to write it. The turn around is usually fast.

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our team.

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

Pros

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

Cons

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply . In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

The updates are killing me

Pros

The customer support is great. It's just hard to get a hold of them when you need to speak to a live person on the phone. The people who work there are the nicest and most helpful when you do get to talk to them and they do resolve the day to day issues that pop up. ie, inventory getting stuck in committed status is a pretty quick fix, but then again, should it really happen in the first place?. Bigger problems take more time to fix, but they seem to keep working on it until its resolved. The people they have providing training are excellent. The wikis are pretty easy to access and are pretty good

Cons

This year the updates seem to break something that's had been working. Then it takes hours with customer support to fix and get going again. The phone support team could use more staff because it does take hours to get a call back. The reports are difficult to customize, you have to know programming. There is no simple report writer function or a reports that can be customized. If you have...

Works great for Small Manufacturer

I love the ease of analyzing each piece of our manufacturing process.

Pros

Ease of Quickbooks Online integration, ease of cost analysis

Cons

Reports are not as easy to manipulate as some programs

Excellent Manufacturing and Inventory Management Software Solution!

Pros

The versatility of viewing and tracking inventory the way we wanted to.

Cons

It lacked accounting software that we needed.

BEWARE License is Non-Transferrable- 30 day Cancellation

The system was very hard to follow and the initial integration was a nightmare. We had no customer service to help push us forward with a go live date and further onsite training was denied. This product was intended to be utilized with FishBowl GO however we were unable to see current quantity counts from any mobile or handheld device. The product is deceiving and lacks functionality for the processes...

Pros

What sold me on the product was its integration with QuickBooks.

Cons

BEWARE License is Non-Transferrable- 30 day Cancellation

Overall my experience with Fishbowl has been positive, it has evolved a lot since we started in 2013

Pros

From an administrator standpoint it is very easy to implement and maintain. From a end user standpoint it is very easy to train new Fishbowl users, all modules are designed with the end users ease of use in mind. Technical Support personnel are very knowledgeable and usually isolate and fix and issues quickly.

Cons

I wish the reporting side of Fishbowl was more robust, Home Care Industries is a manufacturer they rely heavily on making sure raw materials are on hand or on order to meet customer orders. Having a true MPS or MRP as part of Fishbowl with be a great enhancement.

Powerful, Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software

Stated simply, Fishbowl is the best in it's class, period! Easy to use, incredibly effective and affordable Inventory and Order Management Software.

Pros

Fishbowl offers and unparalleled ease of use. Our whole team was trained and up and running in hours. You simply won't find another software package with the range of features and reliability at this price range. It easily bests other software packages costing 3 times what Fishbowl costs!

Cons

Their call back support could be a little faster, but it's still likely better than most software companies.

overall good experience and easy to use once you understand the logic.

Since our business depends on inventory movement of over 4,000 items, it has helped tremendously in time, effort & accuracy.

Pros

Logical progression of activity and inventory movement. System is reliable and like anything else if it is used properly, you can rely on the results for inventory verification, PO status and exporting to QuickBooks.

Cons

the reports feature needs work to better assimilate data as I find the need to get outside help to write reports that I like to see but is nice to see that it assimilates in the system

Excellent customer support on integration project

We were fortunate to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in our integration effort connecting our new Shopify Ecom site to Fishbowl. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took an active and very patient approach with our team as we figured out all the various configuration options. The fact that we could work with him over the span of several video conference calls to get everything set up properly made all the difference - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has an excellent personality for this type of task, I highly recommend working with him.

Pros

Once we got our two disparate systems integrated the software worked well.

Cons

The user interface is difficult to navigate and make sense of

Can be a great product but will depend on your personnel

Pros

I'm an Advanced QuickBooks Pro Advisor and I specialize in Inventory set up and management. I haven't found any program with as many capabilities at such a low cost range as Fishbowl. Netsuite can handle what Fishbowl does but can easily go into the hundreds of thousands to setup and get started and I found the process very complex. Fishbowl on the other hand, can import from QuickBooks and have you set up and running in just a few minutes, though I stress that this should be used as test only. To accurately use Fishbowl it can take months to setup and learn properly. This largely depends on your current experience with technology, accounting practices and inventory knowledge.

Cons

The support isn't stable. Depending on your time zone, you'll get a different team. Some zones, depending on the day and time, will pick up your call immediately and be very knowledgeable and helpful. Others will take a day to get back to you and you'll get someone who's only been there a few months but will confidently tell you something as fact and you might find our later they don't actually know...

FB has abled our business to grow from a home based co. to a 10,000ft fully functioning warehouse

Being able to operate above and beyond to what we used to. We can now compete with our competitors

Pros

I absolutely love that FB is easy to use and easy to teach. It has all the features that our company uses daily. Examples include customer pricing rules, customer "numbers" or customer sku's, Auto PO function, The import/export feature has been a God-send when we need to import products to our website or send information to our customers. The substitute feature is very helpful too. We also really love how we can create custom fields within every module. I really love how the FB team remembers our company when we call and goes above and beyond when we have a hiccup or questions. We can thank FB for some of our company's success. W/o being able to correctly track inventory and use it for daily operations, we wouldn't be operating at the level we are today.

Cons

There aren't things that I like "the least" but there are things I wish FB offered/had that would help our type of business/company. This includes: 1) Since we are a product distributor, we provide a lot of our customers w/ "quotes." FB has the ability to create an "estimate" but no way to store it or look back at it for reference. Pricing rules are essentially only created in our line of operation...

Using Fishbowl for a year

I've been using Fishbowl for the past year. I bought it for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons for me was because it can allow me to save credit card information for clients who continually order through our company. Another reason I liked it, is because I could place orders from anywhere using one of the plug ins. But the biggest reason I purchased it is because of it's accuracy in inventory,...

Pros

Encrypted credit card capture to charge recurring clients Stores pictures of the products that we sell Easy to add parts and products Lots and lots and lots of reports--- I don't think I've even opened half of them yet! I like how many features it has even though I don't use them all... it makes me think "When I get that far, then I can use this software to {fill in the blank} it's nice to know I literally have no limitations

Cons

I haven't found anything yet!

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the...

This reviewer only left a rating

North Park is a 3rd Party Logistics and Contract Packaging business, specializing in light manufacturing, warehousing, and B2C shipping services. We provide each customer the service and attention only the 'big guys' get at other fulfillment houses. Our search for a new Inventory/Manufacturing software solution was prompted by our move away from a warehouse operation towards a 3rd party solution...

Cons

Fishbowl Inventory & Manufacturing: Not great for custom manufacturers...

Inventory management is a breeze, great for warehousing and manufacturing bigger build products, the modules, and UI is well thought out, and very logical, they did a great job with it. They have great eCommerce integrations they added on for magento and amazon which makes it more powerful. The fact that you buy the product up front (with a year of support that can be renewed) makes it seem like you are saving money by owning the software, but you'll need to upgrade every year until the software does what you want it.

Pros

It's great if you are manufacturing the same thing over and over, so you need 500 or 1000 widgets made the same way. It's a pretty powerful tool for warehousing and inventory. It costs for just the warehousing, plus users and add-ons. They'll give you a discount if you ask them, but you almost should just go with a saas program you'll get quicker updates. fishbowl you can save lots of money down the road if you don't buy there support package. They have a pretty good product development team, but it takes them at least a year it seems like to roll out any useful new features you talk to them about.

Cons

Very challenging to set up, learning curve is huge in my opinion. The BOM stages work for the most part, but you'll spend a lot of time in a sandbox database seeing if what you want works (if your doing multi stage builds) If your doing 1 to 100 of anything, and what your making varies order to order, I'd recommend some other software like ordoo, shopvox, or corbridge. They are alot quicker to set up on the

Very tough start, but once up and running, seems much more friendly.

Pros

Search function is amazing! Really like Fishbowl for the most part. Ordering, inventory tracking, automatic updating, etc.

Cons

1) Can't look at a part and see how many times it was ordered easily. Have to go in and out of the purchase orders. Would like to look at a part, see how often it was ordered and from whom, how many were ordered and how much we paid in a simple list form. Right now I only see the PO/Vendor without any of the important details like quantity ordered and cost. 2) I also think the Revision for an...

This reviewer only left a rating

If you are considering Fishbowl for your business, you will be making a wise choice. Let me tell you a little about our business, what we were using before Fishbowl, and why we decided to go with them instead of the many choices you will have. We are a manufactures rep agency servicing the HVAC and plumbing industry. We work directly with the wholesale market and warehouse about 750 - 1000 sku's....

Cons

Fishbowl Good For SMBs Wanting An On-Premises ERP, But Prepare To Outgrow It.

It provided a decent ERP for the price but is definitely geared to low transaction volumes.

Pros

Fishbowl is relatively easy to use (by nature, ERP systems are complex) and is relatively reliable for companies whose transactions number in the low hundreds per day. Their support is quite effective but may be slower than you like -- if your business is effectively down due to an ERP issue, the last thing you want to get when you call support is voicemail. Unless things have changed in recent (2017)...

Cons

* Slow support response * Relatively slow performance * Cannot cancel running batch jobs * They recommend(ed) running Quickbooks and Fishbowl on the same server, which meant an extremely expensive server was required. The alternative was to split the two apps onto different machines and experience super-slow batch updates (some ran hours)

Precision Ag Industry Inventory Control

Pros

Fishbowl is a great company to work with! They are a solutions based company that strives to take the input of their customer. When we first implemented Fishbowl Inventory Software three years ago, we utilized their on site training to help assist with the setup and initial training. They don't just provide a cookie cutter approach to their support and training, they realize they work with all types of industry and have been able to adapt their software to work in nearly every need for inventory related purposes. Their software is easy to use, better than a DOS based system, and has great user interface for easy training of employees.

Cons

Fishbowl is very good at answering your questions and their tech support. Sometimes you have to leave a message and they have to return a phone call, however it is in a timely manner, and they generally have a solution prior to calling you back, getting your issue resolved in a timely manner. Their "live chat" on their website is a good alternative if they are unavailable by phone and your question just can't wait.

Fishbowl Inventory. Thank you Support

When I purchased Fishbowl there were many issues and I was very frustrated. After several attempts I met one of the CSR and can I say what a breath of fresh air he was and is. It is nice to meet someone who has your concerns on his mind when he approaches you and the way he handles matters is the way any company owner appreciates. He has been above the call of duty every time he handles my concerns. I...

Pros

Inventory Tracking is the biggest thing. Easy of use with Sales Order and Purchase Orders. It sends my accounting info to Quickbooks automatically at the end of the day.

Cons

Set up was a little time consuming. It took some effort to get everything in properly and just adapting to the new software functionality.

Needed Database tech support for failing upgrade

Helps the various departments of our company work together better.

Pros

One of the team members was my point of contact for our recent issue. We started upgrade at close of business and ran into issue late in the night. The upgrade process had been test driven successfully on the new target servers prior but something in the tag data at the moment of upgrade caused a failure. We opened for business the next AM dead in the water. They were excellent in his handling of the issue and giving it the attention we needed as our business was on hold due to the issue. The DB Tech that worked on the problem was also on point in the solving of the issue.

Cons

Only cure for bugs is full upgrade. Given that we have many custom reports it does not make it an easy option. Would like to also see support for iReport as it is bundled with your product but discontinued on it's own. Lastly, would like to see a solution that would create true "Admin" level accounts. We have in house admins that get all rights but cannot affect "Company" (and other misc) settings without using the factory "Admin" account.

Positive. Fishbowl performs its functions efficiently

It replaced a very old and unreliable product. By integrating with QuickBooks, we greatly expanded the candidate pool for our accounting department. We were able to grow our business with lower growth in staff.

Pros

The user interface allows new users to become proficient quickly. The ability to incorporate bar codes and product images is helpful. It is a great substitute for the Inventory module of QuickBooks if you need to do a lot of kitting and assemblies as well as calculating landed costs for imports.

Cons

Report writing/modifying is cumbersome. End user is captive to Fishbowl or 3rd party authors. There should be more flexibility akin to Quickbooks for users to add/subtract columns of data as well as filtering by multiple criteria. Most filters are all/everything or just one Customer, Vendor, Part Number, etc. We also had to have custom reports created for some very basic inventory management reports - FB's main purpose. More end user input should have been/should be sought EDI implementation is possible, but through 3rd party providers and automating order processing is limited.

Great Customer Service to help navigate the software

Pros

Fishbowl has been a good fit for our company so far. Learning a new software is almost like learning a new language, so it does take time to get to know all the features and understand how this software was designed to "think". This is where Customer Service comes in... and this is where Fishbowl shines. They have GREAT people on staff that are always willing to make the time to give you the training...

Cons

The most difficult part of Fishbowl has been using the Reports. We haven't quite figured out how to utilize them to pull the information we need. But I believe this is because the needs of our particular business aren't the needs of most companies. We also have the option to have custom reports made for those particular needs. Some of the formatted reports do not include grand totals.

In the knick of time!

Fishbowl Inventory was a great success in our first year of utilization. The biggest and easiest improvement was the vast reduction of manual order duplication, as we were able to have orders submitted from our website directly into Fishbowl, and then have sales orders pushed directly into Quick Books on the back end of the system. As we learn to better use Fishbowl, we are more accurate with reporting to our customer's accurate data, and also keep our sales representatives up to date with inventory levels, pricing, and order tracking on behalf of their customers. For the record - our small seed company grew with the help of Fishbowl Inventory!

Pros

We really like the data transfer capabilities with an API interface from our website order platform, and the data push into Quick books on the back end. So much time has been saved from manual data entry duplication. The ability to have multiple users from all over with remote hosting allows sales reps from TX to MT to place orders and see inventory availability prior to order placing. Having the opportunity to write our own I-reports to meet our specifications.

Cons

We haven't been able to make mobile applications work yet for our systems. We still have challenges with the real time tracking of inventory between locations with using bar-codes, scanners and mobile devices.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.