MaintainX

Manage Maintenance and Operations. Without the Paper Stacks.

visit website

MaintainX Reviews

Pros

Our overall experience with MaintainX has been great. They have great customer support, a very easy to set-up system, and the system very easy for users to learn and use.

Michael M.

The seamless transition between the desktop and the mobile app make this a really nice solution. The reporting, filtering and scheduling abilities of the work orders is really nice and easy to use.

Tom R.

I will keep using it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a maintenance software... it works well and has excellent support when you run into a jam and need help.

Aaron O.

Cons

The one thing I dislike about the app is that when work orders are closed they still.appear in closed orders for my team. I would.love to see the option to archive these while still be searchable.

Travis C.

It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything.

Christopher W.

Scheduling is a pain as you cant reorder the jobs on a calendar. Cant easily see who is assigned to a job in calendar view.

Blake B.

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

Pros

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX. It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis. Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

My right hand

The wasting time having to call each team member and discuss the issue and when it's stated and then when it's finished. I get notifications of all that without really having to micro manage

Pros

It's very user-friendly and all time communication without actually having to interupt my team for an update

Cons

I wish it had GPS capabilities so I could use the app and find my teams location in one spot.

Review and suggestions

The technicians like the platform for uploading most pictures and workorders. There have been times they still need to email information to the main office because Maintainx doesn't upload properly

Pros

We need more characters available for the description. I don't have enough room for all the information I need to put in there. Adding the addresses for us is not helpful. Almost every jobsite is different for us. Customizing the time for the start time and the due date time would be better. Sometimes we have a start time of 7:45 and we are unable to put the exact time in. 7:30 and 8:00 are the only options

Cons

See above. Getting used to it was not as hard as I initially thought

Great software

It’s been a great experience snd will help to streamline our maintenance and safety. The MaintainX staff has been great to work with and setting up our orgs.

Pros

It is very easy to use and get set up. It also doesn’t matter how experienced our guys are with tech it is very easy to use

Cons

Haven’t found something we don’t like yet

Very Satisfied

I've now had several meetings with our maintenance team. We have completed our first weekly's and will we are in progress with our first departments monthly PM's. The software is everything that I was lead to expect and more. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredibly resourceful, responsive and helpful. It's always nice to make a decision after testing 15 solutions (felt like 1000) and feel confident that you've made the correct decision. I feel that way right now and wanted to share. We still have some setup to go - I'm taking the walk before run approach with the guys but this is slick. I'm looking forward to the partnership.

Pros

Cons

So far the only cons were identified at selection and were so minor they didn't prohibit me from selecting the solution. Little things like work orders have a really slick ability to save filters but reporting and the mobile app do not have it. It's not a huge deal since mobile users can filter to themselves and see only what they need to but it would be helpful if they could save encompassing filters such as specific departments and weekly vs monthly vs annually.

Grows with your needs!

We have enjoyed partnering with MaintainX and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset in getting us what we need to be successful with the product! He helped create some of our procedure pages and that was HUGE!

Pros

We started using MaintainX about 6 months ago and what we like most is that they are always improving their product. They take what the customer needs and works to implement the closest version of what is needed.

Cons

The reports are not very easy to filter and are not able to be fully customized, yet. However, they are better than other systems we have seen and MaintainX is consistently improving the capabilities. The other piece I wish was improved is the layout of the exported work order. It is not very pretty and cannot, at this time, be customized to remove the information I don't need.

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

Pros

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Cons

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Great Product for you Facility

Really enjoy. Our Team has embraced it and it definitely keeps us on track with building maintenance

Pros

Very thorough once you have the platform....covers the entire buiding

Cons

Takes a little longer for users to load in requests compared to other products. Its outputs are much more detailed so I am certain that has something to do with it

MaintainX is an easy way to keep track of my property management tasks

I work in commercial property management and this app keeps me organized. Everything from preventative maintenance schedules to one-time repairs can easily be tracked. I also like that I can assign my items to another manager when I am on vacation.

Pros

The ability to quickly add images and other documents makes it easy to go back and reference jobs

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for large files to upload to the browser version. I have not experienced this issue with the Android app.

MaintainX- the facility managers multi tool

Overall I am hyper pleased with the software's performance, reliability, cost, and ease of use.

Pros

I most enjoy the simple UI. In my industry there is little to no budget for training and onboarding of personnel. My team is also made up of individuals in which English is a second language. MaintainX has been able to capture a feature rich suite of tools that anyone can master in a relative short amount of time.

Cons

As a user since its Beta, I have yet to find anything I do not like.

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position...

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Better than the rest

Great app with everything we were looking for and way below the cost of others. Great support team. We know we can get our jobs done and communicate better as a team using this app.

Pros

They reach out to us personally every so often to ask if we would like to change anything. They always listen to the issues we have and correct it as soon as possible.

Cons

You can only add one photo at a time in comments.

Awesome Maintenance Software

MaintainX is an amazing tool to have. I have had issues with other similar software and have found that getting staff onboard with this type of software to be very difficult. When I first introduced this software, my staff was completely against it, but as soon as they saw how easy it was and what communication improvements came from this software they jumped in and have not stopped using it.

Pros

I have been searching for a good maintenance software for a long time. When I came across MaintainX I was a bit skeptical, but quickly found that it was the right software for me and the company I work for. As soon as I signed up for the free trial, I was greeted with an email from their staff, and to my surprise, when I had a question I was responded to immediately.

Cons

The only down fall to this software is that I have quite a few staff members that will be requestors, but they do not speak English well and it would be best if there were a translator option from Spanish to English and vice versa, but I have been informed by the staff that they are working on that part of the software now. I hope that this comes quickly as it would ease the pain of trying to improve communication with some of my staff.

Excellent App!!

Excellent customer service and the easiest app we’ve had so far.

Pros

MaintainX is so easy to use and keeps our job information so much more organized.

Cons

Wish there was a feature for our employees to clock in and out on.

MaintainX has changed the entire way we work

It’s changed how we work on site, making the whole team more efficient and productive. I couldn’t imagine working without it at this point!

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They have been very helpful during set up and really responsive to feedback and suggestions. This app as become a one stop shop for all of our in-house facilities management. We used to have two huge noticeboards full of clipboards, and dozens of paper student repairs forms everyday. This is all gone, bringing us even close to becoming a paperless office. I can easily...

Cons

I would love to purchase a seat for every staff member in my team, but the monthly costs would be too high. I'd love to see a scaled pricing plan, where the more users you have, the lower the price is.

Awesome software

MaintainX is a great software! they communicate with you and they want you input on things. we use this software on a day to day basis for our jobs and it works very well this is a great program all around. good Job guys!!! thanks you for making my life easier.

Pros

we love the fact that we are able to create individual work orders, also that we can see witch tech is on witch job with the in progress and that we can put it in the done column once the tech has finish the job. we also love the fact that when a service calls come in everyone is up to date on what is going on. also the fact that we can communicate on this software is great!! it is also awesome that we can leave notes of the job for others to read on each work order.

Cons

there is not much to least like on this software. the only thing i can think of is i would love to see another column for parts on order. once the tech has seen the job it would be great if we could put it in a parts on order status in a column away for the TO DO. i think that is a huge thing because i have some techs that get stress out when they see too much to do in that list so if there would be a 3rd column that would be great.

Efficient and Easy to Use Product

Very Good. I have been able to track PMs more easily.

Pros

The ability to use on devices is great for mobility. The interface is clean and uncomplicated, yet is deep and offers many options for me to save data for later use. It is quite intuitive compared to the last CMMS we were using.

Cons

Honestly not much. If anything it might be there is less focus on desktop, which is fine with me. There are some in our organization which is better for them to send me work requests. Of course this may already exist and I just haven't gotten that far yet!

MANUFACTURING ADAPTION

It is really usefull and needs some improvements

Pros

The software is super friendly and easy to use. A real tool that you can use to manage the jobs in the shop.

Cons

I would like, raw materials inventory, customer data base, suppliers data base and the posibility to set the priority of levels from 1 to 10, so the operator finishes the highest level but knows what is the next right after.

MaintainX

Overall, it is a great user friendly program.

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. I can add work orders from my computer as well as from my mobile phone. I can look daily at the progress my guys are making and give feedback. I can send messages through this portal as well.

Cons

My work orders fall off if my guys don't do them daily. Also, when printing reports dates come up when they shouldn't be populated.

GREAT COMMUNICATION TOOL

This has absolutely changed the way that we handle our work orders. It is great for communicating with other employees that are out in the field - it allows them to keep working and not have to take time out of their day to come pick up paper work orders. This also prevents lost text message that take up time from everyone's day to find out if it was received or not. Ugh! This app alerts our people when there are work orders that have not been done yet so there is no overlooking work to be done! I think it is great that I can go in and update a work order - the job changes alot of time and it is easy to just go in and edit and send it back out. Things are so much easier for us since we have been using this app and I can't imagine going back to the old way of handling the workload.

Pros

What I like most about this software: (1) how easy it is to use (2) the ability that we have to track our work orders and (3) I can create a work order to be done a few days from now and it will send out a reminder

Cons

I do not know of any cons at this point -- but I guess if I had to pick one, I would say that it doesn't cook for me.

Best Maintenance App

Maintainx has been very helpful with any questions we have. They have always responded promptly. When looking for an app which allows our small maintenance team to stay organized and communicate, we struggled to find something that was user friendly or not overly complicated. MaintainX is by far the best app for our needs. It is so simple to use, yet it has all the features your team would need.

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly. The chat feature within the app is great for keeping communication open.

Cons

None to be honest. It suited our needs perfectly

Perfect 👌🏼

Overall I am really happy with the use of this app. It save me time, so it saves me money. The price is great for the number of contracted labor's.

Pros

I really like this app as well as my team. We can easily add a service call or an HVAC instillation. The steps for the team asteroid easy to add and I have all the information for things like billing a customer, sending their warranty information, or simply writing a thank you letter. I don’t have to ask them any questions about work performed on the job because they are able to input any information...

Cons

I don’t like that the work orders that are on hold sit on the calendar on the day it was created. It would be easier if they sat in a separate folder and I could put them on the calendar later.

Great Software - Just what we needed!

Awesome support (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). Great company. Very competitive pricing. This product is helping us a lot and I highly recommend it. If you need any work order software, this is the one.

Pros

Ease of use - the mobile app is very intuitive to use. The inbox interface is smooth. It is easy for our maintenance team to see all open work orders and get them done. Speed - The app loads up nearly instantly. No waiting for work orders to appear or notifications to pop up. Visibility - This one is for me. I can open the app and quickly see what work is being done and I get a full history of all the work orders. We used to use pen and paper before this. User Interface - No clutter. The UI shows just the tools we need.

Cons

Creating repeating work orders is a bit awkward. All the capabilities are there but I needed a little help to get started. The "start time" on work orders was confusing. Some repeating work orders automatically showed up at 1am or 3am which is not ideal. This doesn't knock it down a star because all the capability is there, it's just a bit awkward. Also I would like the ability to label vendor phone numbers. Some vendors have an office number and then a cell number and they show up just in a list of "Contact Phone Numbers".

Outstanding Software

Pros

MaintainX offers an easy to use, logical, mobile friendly app. Our mechanics and drivers use it to report issues and document fixes. Reporting is available and the product is fairly priced.

Cons

The team added reporting functionality, which is helpful but I would like to see additional options offered.