Asset Essentials Logo
Asset Essentials

Improve productivity and drive smarter operations decisions.

visit website

Asset Essentials Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

Reviews by rating

I am not paid by them, but I would recommend them to any company. I have been in Manufacturing for just over 30 years, and this is the best software for this I have seen.
The reporting is great, it’s easy for me to make the detailed reports I need and see how we’re doing. On top of all this, the support staff is so nice and very responsive to any questions I have.
Overall the company has been very good to work with. They are very responsive to questions and issues, and have been there every step of the implementation.
Some of the reports are a bit difficult to create. It might just be me that needs more training on it.
My only complaint would be the hierarchy of some of the items is unclear. I am very much a visual person.

rL

raul L.

opex manager

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

honest review

Transcript

Raul L.: Hi, my name is Raul. I work for NPS. My position is a Continuous Improvement Manager. Basically,...

JZ

Jon Z.

GIS Technician

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Great Support

Transcript

Jon: My name is Jon. I'm a maintenance data administrator. I've given Asset Essentials five out of five...

BL

Beth Lee S.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our Facilities Management Department covers the operations of 24 town buildings in our municipality. These buildings also include three elementary schools and one middle school. Our maintainers and custodians handle all aspects of these buildings, from cleaning and grounds work, to repairs, HVAC and inspections (just to name a few). Prior to Maintenance Edge we utilized two work order systems....

JM

Julie M.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Asset Essentials has helped for tracking project requests across many maintenance categories

[sensitive content hidden] from Asset Essentials was patient and sat with us through several implementation meetings and trainings. She was knowledgeable and able to help us out tremendously.

Pros

A big advantage over before when work orders were in Maximo and facility project requests were not is that the system has greater transparency and is more modern and streamlined. We are going to be able to provide end users with automated updates so they know when action has been taken on their requests. This will be a time savings and prevent the need for as many manual emails. I really like that we can attach all sorts of documents like pdfs and photo files to the requests.

Cons

A drawback to our transition was that it was not without issues to take our large school system and large maintenance and operations team through the change to begin using Asset Essentials due to the complexities. Even though planning was well thought out we did have a delayed roll out and we did experience additional delays with user training. It would also be helpful to be able to attach smaller video files to requests.

CL

Cheri L.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Suddenly going downhill

I'm afraid SchoolDude has stretched itself too thin and is getting ready to implode. Sooooooo many problems this year. These problems that belong to SchoolDude are truly having a negative impact here.

Pros

When it worked right, which was before 2017, the inventory direct was a great tool for our Warehouse (over 4000 items). Before 2017, when things started going haywire, the PM direct was good; it could have been better. The Maintenance Direct still seems to be working.

Cons

In March of 2017 I do not know what changed; support has never been great but we started having all kinds of bizarre problems and most have not been fixed. The problems have been turned over to their developers......where they stay I guess.

TM

Tricia M.

We love Asset Essentials

I won't lie, when we first signed up I was overwhelmed just looking at everything but they have amazing training sessions and people who help whenever we have run into an issue.

Pros

We love how it helps us track work orders and we can assign those requests to our teams. We are a large campus and this helps us with tracking the requests.

Cons

The cost is a challenge since the cost has been raised each year and there are many aspects of Asset Essentials that we don't use.

pc

patricia c.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Review of Asset Essentials - Austin Academy

until this past year I had no complaintsAsset Essentials is purchased by the district and those in my position have limited input in what software/resources we use

Pros

Real time changes in asset status - inventory is current as one uses this product via scanning equipment

Cons

last fixed asset audit - validated equipment was somehow changed during the reconciliation and now most fixed assets are showing as 'in use' in the wrong location

TF

Tony F.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Asset Essentials really aides in Maintenace and Fleet Management

Very pleased and love the reports that you can create for my admin.

Pros

Configurability to what you need. Ability to make changes immediately.

Cons

Sometimes users had problems logging in.

SN

Shawn N.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Asset Essentials great for schools

It's a great program with the proper training.

Pros

I love the work order process. Owners see what is done, when its done, etc.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little wonky. The filtering/sorting can be hard to figure out.

AT

Andrew T.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Rusd racine wisconsin

Excellent robust system to execute my work

Pros

Thorough execution of work order management

Cons

Slow server response time though great features monile app

JH

Jack H.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

new user of brightly

still learning but like what we have been doing so far.

Pros

The initial introduction is definitely a attention getter and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

The program seems like it should be capable of so much more, breaking down reports to finer line items as well as more user friendly

RS

Richie S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Asset Essentials the all around perfect management tool

Great System. Great Management tool. Reliable Customer Service

Pros

The ease of using and navigating the site.

Cons

No real complaints other then the beginning setup was difficult but very easy to learn once started .

GY

Garry Y.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Here is my experience..

We have always had a Preventive Maintenance program and the software allows us to continue with keeping our PM schedule and tracking equipment history of repairs and Work Orders.

Pros

This software is very robust with features that you can use or not. It will just depend on the size of your organization and how much information you want to include when you are doing your implementation. There are areas I do not use due to other software packages that are in our organization. Customer support has been very good. We had time to get the feel of Asset Essentials before we migrated to it. The migration from our old software to Asset Essentials was seamless.

Cons

At this time I do not really have a lot of cons. Maybe the help guide, it is a bit over whelming when you want to look for a specific subject.

Hi Gary, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is making your life easier and that your migration was seamless. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions or need help!

TI

TJ I.

A Tool You Can Not Go Without

We initially began using Facility Dude in July of 2013. Are initial goal was to utilize Facility Dude in several departments thru out our Government entity. The startegy was to start out slowly to see if the software would meet our needs. After adding our fifth department last week, we have become very pleased with its performance. Facility Dude is currently being used in our following departments:...

JB

Jeremiah B.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Overall good

There seems to be a lot of functionalities we do not use. Some of this is our fault due to not having a full-time monitor for DS.

Pros

It is the first CMMS we have used and that has helped us with not letting work orders go unfinished. Made it easy to see what happens at night/weekends at our 24/7 facility without having to call in or stop by. Live Chat is very helpful.

Cons

- Metrics are hard to follow for the following reasons: 1. Each user has to be set up to follow a KPI. 2. KPI's aren't easy to set up and they don't log historical data. - Blanket licenses versus pay-per-license. - Parts entry sheet needs to be on the same page as the work order - similar to labor entry.

Hi Jeremiah, thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Asset Essentials has helped your team complete work orders and that you've been able to utilize live chat to get help from our support team. Our team would be happy to help you set up and use more functions within the system when you're ready!

MH

Marty H.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Marty's Review

Pros

It is very intuitive. The HELP menu is excellent. Tech support is outstanding.

Cons

1. I would like to see the ability to look up parts by manufacturer number when adding parts to a work order. On many occasions the technician has to back out of the work order, go to the parts screen to identify the Brightly part number and then reopen the work order to input the part used. 2. I would like the ability to have a column in the parts screen that identified actual physical location of the part. At this time you can only see the location such as Bearing Cabinet. We want to see the Shelf/Row/Bin without having to open the part screen for the part.

FL

Francheska L.

Getting things done!

This really helps overall with our Facility Management Department to stay organize, maintain our work orders. It is simple and easy to access.

Pros

It is very easy to use, keep you organize, notifies Maintenance Workers their new work orders in email on a daily basis.

Cons

I have not come across anything leas about the asset essentials yet.

CI

Charlotte I.

Facilities Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Asset Essentials Review

Pros

I like the easy use of all aspects of this software. From the adding users to the work tickets. We also utilize the parts portion for inventory and tools.

Cons

The mobile app is my least favorite. We have had issue after issue with the app kicking people out throughout the day, not just work tickets, but to the client ID. Since we have authenticator licensing, we need to also fill out that information each time. It is very frustrating.

We really value your feedback and would love the opportunity to discuss it more deeply with you. Would you please reach out to support@dudesolutions.com and connect with us?

JR

Jeff R.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Tracker

Pros

I like the ability to build my page the way i want to. Its really convenient to see what is coming up each day and what has been completed. For inventory control i can tell what needs to be ordered for stock

Cons

I havent found a way that it will alert me when our parts clerk checks parts into asset with out me actually looking

DG

Doug G.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Asset Review

Pros

we like all of the options but still liked mobile 311 better out in the field.

Cons

Its not user friendly when you have used mobile 311 and switch to this. Maps will not follow you like mobile 311. work order set up is very hard to under stand its more like as long as you create it for someone else its ok but when you want to create and take off right there you have create a work order then go back into it and enter info.

RI

Rich I.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Not a fan

Pros

Nothing really, it’s confusing and not easy to use.

Cons

You get 3 emails every work order.

Hi Rich, We're sorry to hear that your experience with Asset Essentials was confusing and difficult, and your frustration over getting multiple emails per work order. We would like to find a solution or better understand how we can improve. We really value your feedback and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss it more deeply with you. Would you please reach out to support@brightlysoftware.com, so we can help?

DC

Douglas C.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

AE Review

Some work orders crash while saving or they just crash without warning

Pros

Ease of use and tracking of maintenance. Having an online data base is also nice.

Cons

The mobile application is hit and miss. We use the product in the field mostly and having an application of mobility is important.

DA

Doug A.

Furniture, 501-1,000 employees

My review

I's been a great experience working with Asset essentials people. Learning the software was very easy and self-explanatory. Also were able to download all of our data from our previous software.

Pros

Quick and easy setup and fantastic customer service and help. Also a lot of self help options.

Cons

After clicking it is a little slow closing out orders.

MG

Mallissa G.

Asset Essentials Help Desk

My experience is positive. I was able to place items on help desk that needed to get fixed and get help dispatched to areas needed.

Pros

I used this software to create and maintain help desk tickets for technology. It was easy to use and learn.

Cons

I had difficult getting a monthly list of tickets that needed to be completed. It was hard to navigate and find.

JD

Jaylee D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Jaylee Review

Overall I like AE and I will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the fact that it has so many fields to enter information, which creates more opportunities to collect data.

Cons

I wish there was a function to add video to the work orders.

AI

Adrian I.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

No Customer Support

Pros

The software itself is nice the layout is fairly easy to use and convenient.

Cons

Customer service. I have waited weeks on support tickets they hang up when I have called support and do not return calls.

Hi Adrian! We really value your feedback and would love the opportunity to discuss it more deeply with you. Would you please reach out to support@brightlysoftware.com so we can help?

MH

Mark H.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Asset Essentials - Review

Ok once you get used to it.

Pros

Managing equipment parts and work orders.

Cons

Over all a good product. All systems take time to master.