Asset Essentials Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I am not paid by them, but I would recommend them to any company. I have been in Manufacturing for just over 30 years, and this is the best software for this I have seen.
The reporting is great, it’s easy for me to make the detailed reports I need and see how we’re doing. On top of all this, the support staff is so nice and very responsive to any questions I have.
Overall the company has been very good to work with. They are very responsive to questions and issues, and have been there every step of the implementation.
These problems that belong to SchoolDude are truly having a negative impact here.
Some of the reports are a bit difficult to create. It might just be me that needs more training on it.
My only complaint would be the hierarchy of some of the items is unclear. I am very much a visual person.

Asset Essentials users...

ManagerPlus-logocaret

ManagerPlus

Oracle Database-logocaret

Oracle Database

How would you rate Asset Essentials?

Robust and Intuitive Asset Management

Transcript

Jorge: Hi, my name is Jorge, I'm a IT manager and I give Asset Essentials five out of five. For more...

Superior Value

We use it for reactive WOs, PMs, EHS training prompters, regulatory scheduling.

Pros

Cloud based; no IT help needed. Superior customer assistance.

Cons

The inability to delete a work order is a minor nuisance; I work around it by "re-writing" the WO.

Easy to use and track work orders

I have used this software at two school districts for about 10 years. You have kept the updates coming and it is very useful to me.

Pros

Ability to see past work orders, and work orders put in by peers.

Cons

I don't have any issues. works great, and does just what I need it to do.

Usage

Preventive maintenance is one of the most important aspect of this.

Pros

Making sure maintenance is doing the jobs assigned promptly and cost efficient

Cons

In the beginning the initial set up for our use, But once you have it set up in your format it is good.

Great Support

Pros

All the features are easy to learn. If you need help, Brightly staff is the BEST!

Cons

Could be more customizable. Sometimes it is helpful to move custom fields around in the Asset and Work Order forms

Great Product and Great Customer Service

Pros

The product works great for the administrators, technicians, and users. We get positive feedback regularly about our use of this product. And if there happens to be something we don't understand about the product or some way we think the product could be improved, the customer service is happy to respond to requests and take recommendations into consideration.

Cons

Honestly, there's not really anything we don't like about them. They have a good product that they continue to improve. I guess I just wish they had more products.

Great Product

Pros

Having all of our sites be able to create their own work order. Having the ability to have the program update the status of each work order and not have them call us to see what is going on. The ability to have the program be placed on our cell phones for easy entry of work orders.

Cons

Fixes issues like not being able to just attach documents and if we attached the wrong one to the wrong work order be able to take it off.

Preventative Maintenance software

Pros

The software has the best (easiest to navigate and common sense flow) user interface out of the 4-5 competitors that I evaluated. The sales rep that I worked with was low pressure and responsive to my needs and questions. Implementation cost and annual service costs were very competitive. The after purchase training and setup was also very positive. I have a point person and scheduled time blocks for training and continue to have great customer service 3 months after implementation. In fact my training rep. emailed me today asking how things were going and if I had any questions.

Cons

In a perfect world, I would like to tailor the software to my specific needs and industry. Facility Dude is a generic software from the sense that it accommodates the language and requirements spanning several very different industries. I have had to be creative in a few cases with how we classify groups and naming convention. Not a big issue however the inability to have some level of customization would be my only complaint.

Asset Essentials saves money

Overall, Asset Essentials has given us an opportunity to make sure issues are being addressed

Pros

Inputting information to start the program was easy. Training is excellent. I like the history of the work orders start to completion

Cons

I find it a little dated with some features. I think it will improve with time and updates.

Tech Request Made Easy

Pros

I like this product is easy and straight forward in entering a request. Only the facts are needed; not any unnecessary questions to clutter the request.

Cons

It is a little irritating when you can't login when you forget to pull down to itdirect and have to start over; there needs to be an option for iDevices or Android devices and netbooks rather than hardware. Finally, when checking on tech requests, it would be nice if the list pulled up with newest first. I know that is an option at the bottom, but sometimes I forget and have to go to end;

Asset Essentials

Excellent

Pros

the functionality of the program and ease of use for all that need to use it.

Cons

Nothing product is very easy to set up and use

SchoolDude software is outstanding.

Pros

SchoolDude software is user friendly, with amazing reporting features. The Client Services Team goes above and beyond in support of the SchoolDude products. Client Services is not provided from a foreign country. The staff is easy to understand - there is no language barrier. SchoolDude University provides a unique opportunity to expand product knowledge and build relationships with peer institutions.

Cons

There is not a single aspect that I am unsatisfied with.

Wonderful and Amazing

Pros

The Product is easy to use, and has wonderful reporting capabilities. Since the product is web based it can be accessed from anywhere. Since the product is web based School dude has the capability to do comparisons on how you are doing in relation to the rest of the world. This shows me what areas we need to improve on and what areas we are doing great on.

Cons

We cannot have a work order assigned to more than one person. Can you guys please change this?

asset essentials

Pros

I find it very easy to set up preventative maintenance schedules

Cons

no back button only a cancel on some pages

We are pleased with the product and the training/support recieved. I have recommended it to others

Pros

It captures our assets and allows tracking of work orders

Cons

challenging to use on the mobile apps. Difficulty for staff to utilize effectively.

review

great

Pros

easy to use didnt take much time to learn how to use it

Cons

the price was more as you add more people

Review of reviews

overall content with this new state of the art apparatus and new innovations of the youth

Pros

the features it possesses to be able to analytically process the information correctly

Cons

The lack of team player skills and the overall impact on young maintenance employees

A good fit: SchoolDude's MaintenanceDirect and Landmark Christian

Pros

One of the most compelling reasons that we went with their product is that their applications are built exclusively for the needs of educational institutions. The company has basically put all of their eggs into that basket, which gives them an understanding of educational facilities and their maintenance requirements. Educational environments (be it public, private, or higher) are in a class all their own and are met with certain challenges that other businesses may not necessarily face. All of the staff I have had the pleasure of meeting and/or speaking with exhibit a sensitivity to and knowledge of those unique needs.

Cons

Having come from a completely paper system to an automated system such as SchoolDude's, I haven't experienced any flaws worth noting.

Great software if your organization is large enough or is planning on growing, like ours.

Pros

A centralized work ordering system helped streamline requests and communication through all of our campuses.

Cons

We wish there was a little more communication pieces on the work order so that we can provide more information to the requestor.

Great Product!

Its been beneficial and outstanding product overall.

Pros

Honestly the customer service with the live chat.

Cons

Some of the configurations like the parent to child configurations is done a little different then what I've been used to with other programs.

So far so good.

Pros

Too early to say what I like most, but very happy with the flexibility of the system and customer service. Lot's of tutorials.

Cons

Too early to tell. Only been using for a few days.

Yost Foods Review

I am a manager and need information that tells me how we are doing. The reporting does not always do that and I have had to utilize customer service to get the information in a usable format. I now have that data but if I wanted different information, I am not sure how to get it out of the software/data.

Pros

I like that the data is stored in one location.

Cons

I do not like how difficult it is to navigate and manually filter items. It is not intuitive and that makes it difficult to understand how to generate reports and how to get actionable information reported out to those who need it.

School Dude Review

Pros

The product is always up to date and keeps in real time with requests that our clients have put in that help us to reach them faster. It also is an easy to use source for checking into the history of requests along with dates submitted and dates completed.

Cons

Sometimes the product does force some of our tickets into a limbo of sorts when we've tried to assign it employees. It goes into a place in which it's not assigned nor is it open. This issue has caused conflict several times in which someone is waiting for help but we had no idea until we do a full search in which it will then be visible.

SchoolDude - Awesome Product - Awesome Service

Pros

Questions? Your answer is a phone call away, and there's always a human that answers the phone! We use Facility Scheduling and Maintenance Direct. Both products are easy to use and it's easy to train users in our buildings. SchoolDude also offered conference call training when we did the initial set up.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had a negative experience with SchoolDude.

MaintenanceDirect

Pros

MaintenanceDirect is very user-friendly. If you should have a issue navigating the system the customer service/ technical support is awesome.

Cons

I would like to be able to batch close work order but craft, assigned to, and/or purpose code.

Maintenance Tracker

Continued growth on preventative maintenance and day to day tracking of Technicians.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to Track. Easy to report.

Cons

Cell phone application could be better. Sometimes need to delete app and re-download.