Asset Essentials Reviews

Pros

I am not paid by them, but I would recommend them to any company. I have been in Manufacturing for just over 30 years, and this is the best software for this I have seen.

Darryl E. R.

The reporting is great, it’s easy for me to make the detailed reports I need and see how we’re doing. On top of all this, the support staff is so nice and very responsive to any questions I have.

Micheal H.

Overall the company has been very good to work with. They are very responsive to questions and issues, and have been there every step of the implementation.

Caleb H.

Cheri L.

Franciso L.

Bobby B.

Robust and Intuitive Asset Management

Transcript

Jorge: Hi, my name is Jorge, I'm a IT manager and I give Asset Essentials five out of five. For more...

The Dude IS on your side !!

Uptime !! Real time maintenance requests. Mobile apps and the ability to track labor and costs. Not to mention spare parts and inventory. Our production folks can't believe the response team from maintenance! Let me know what maintenance people are doing without having to ask. I love being able to assign them work no matter where the are.. I do recommend buying tablets for them... I use $120 tablets. One or two hours of uptime pays for those quickly !

Pros

This software is truly the answer to maintenance and PM programs. Every machining and manufacturing plant in America should use this. If you have 5 or 5000 pieces of equipment, facility, or anything needing maintenance this should be your software. I have had to use ERP maintenance add ons that never allowed real TPM quality support. This software is designed SPECIFICALLY for maintenance. It is easy to use and learn. It pays for itself in the first 3 months. I have implemented this software 3 times. I am not paid by them, but I would recommend them to any company. I have been in Manufacturing for just over 30 years, and this is the best software for this I have seen! IT works !

Cons

I would like an add on that lets operators enter simple daily PM's and simple checks that can be tailored for each asset.

Van's Aircraft Asset Essentials startup review 12/22/20

Overall, the transition team was prepared and extremely helpful. Good job! However as mentioned above someone on the team and on the sales end of your operation needs to be better informed/aware of the immensity of the task of taking an old in use CMMS and making your Asset Essentials mate seamlessly.

Pros

The support team and training is top notch. The availability of phone or email support is phenomenal

Cons

At present, the promise bringing over the 12 years of history from our old CMMS has not been delivered. I was told that it could be done as part of the purchase price, then when the scope of the work was completely understood I was asked to pay $1,500 to bring that history into Asset Essentials. After a couple of weeks I was then told that it would take another $2,500 in addition to complete work. This is a classic saled case of "bait and switch", I am now considering not using Asset Essentials at all.

SchoolDude User Friendliness

Pros

My overall thoughts of schooldude would be that it serves it purpose for scheduling event but it really is not user friendly. The amount of time that it takes for a new user to complete a proposal to schedule an event is pretty tedious.

Cons

I am not a new user so it is easy for me to access and set of events but even explaining to new users is hard because of the lay out. I think it needs to be more simplistic. For example like when you turn on a new Iphone it asks for a piece of information then you hit next and it asks for another. Then it populates all your information for you to review at the end. One other flaw that I noticed in it for billing purposes is that it does not send an email notification when something new is put on to the calendar. Which would be really helpful when something is added last minute if the invoices are already completed for that day. I am not a veteran and do not know all the ins and outs of schooldude, but I do think these fixes could improve the users experience on it.

Annual review

I am very pleased with the software and it's capabilities. It would be nice to maybe have some videos on how to customize the screens. Specially some of the more basic features of the software.

Pros

This software is very easy to use in comparison to others on the market. I like the fact that their is a lot of possibilities to customize the data.

Cons

I would like the report section to be more user friendly. Some of the reports are a bit difficult to create. It might just be me that needs more training on it.

Amazing tech support

The software is easy to use. Keeps the maintenance department organized. Most of all the tech support that A/E provides is second to none. What ever issue we have if the tech on the line with you can't fix it they will follow the trouble ticket till it is resolved.

Pros

This software keeps are company maintenance organized.

Cons

What I didn't like about this software is that I didn't find and implement it sooner.

Making my job a lot easier...

Overall it was a good experience. My main issues that I ran up against were not the fault of my team or Asset Essentials.

Pros

When I first started with my current employer we utilized EPaC. I was not satisfied with the software especially at the price were paying. After being notified of a price increase I was spurred on to find a replacement. As luck would have it we had acquired on of our competitors. They had been looking at Asset Essentials. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he gave me his sales pitch. Long story short - we have more functionality, a much more intuitive interface, customer service that actually answers questions and a roll-over process that was nearly painless for less than half of what we had been paying before the cost increase.

Cons

My only complaint would be the hierarchy of some of the items is unclear. I am very much a visual person. I chart would have helped a great deal.

Essential as you grow

So far so good, we'll know more after implementation

Pros

Multi-use beyond facilities management and the scalability; it can be viewed as an enterprise system particularly for business with multi-locations

Cons

The lead time for implementation seemed long; the Dude team's understanding of our business could have been better at the beginning

Great value and pretty full featured

Pros

This CMMS is fairly easy to learn and to use. I like that it has a "requester" function so rank-and-file employees can enter requests for work/service. Setup is pretty intuitive, though some choices need to be thought out thoroughly. We use it for maintenance and sanitation, both of which are a big deal for us as we fall under food safety protocols (we are a food service distributor). The import function is especially useful during setup. It's nice that you can attach photos/documents to assets.

Cons

I wish it supported handheld units with integrated barcode scanning (like the Zebra TC70). Work order generation from PMs works well but it defaults all work orders to be due at midnight. We have to show that work orders are due at particular times of day (shifts). It would also be nice to have a "true" inspection program. Take fire extinguishers. It would be nice if you could walk through the warehouse, scan the barcode on the extinguisher, mark as pass/fail and move on to the next one. Their inspection doesn't quite work as seaemlessly as that.

Hi Robert, thank you for taking time to leave a review! We appreciate your input and happy to hear Asset Essentials is beneficial to you and your team.

Yost Foods Review

I am a manager and need information that tells me how we are doing. The reporting does not always do that and I have had to utilize customer service to get the information in a usable format. I now have that data but if I wanted different information, I am not sure how to get it out of the software/data.

Pros

I like that the data is stored in one location.

Cons

I do not like how difficult it is to navigate and manually filter items. It is not intuitive and that makes it difficult to understand how to generate reports and how to get actionable information reported out to those who need it.

Suddenly going downhill

I'm afraid SchoolDude has stretched itself too thin and is getting ready to implode. Sooooooo many problems this year. These problems that belong to SchoolDude are truly having a negative impact here.

Pros

When it worked right, which was before 2017, the inventory direct was a great tool for our Warehouse (over 4000 items). Before 2017, when things started going haywire, the PM direct was good; it could have been better. The Maintenance Direct still seems to be working.

Cons

In March of 2017 I do not know what changed; support has never been great but we started having all kinds of bizarre problems and most have not been fixed. The problems have been turned over to their developers......where they stay I guess.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our Facilities Management Department covers the operations of 24 town buildings in our municipality. These buildings also include three elementary schools and one middle school. Our maintainers and custodians handle all aspects of these buildings, from cleaning and grounds work, to repairs, HVAC and inspections (just to name a few). Prior to Maintenance Edge we utilized two work order systems....

Robust and Intuitive Asset Management

I am very pleased with their current level of customer service. At the beginning there were a few people we dealt with that are no longer there that did not provide the same level of customer care as the ones that we deal with now.

Pros

We fell in love with the ease of use of the interface. The level of control over the maintenance technicians is phenomenal and the ability to provide a service request portal to users without needing to purchase additional licenses was a huge deal maker.

Cons

As with many new implementations, we ran into a few bugs at the beginning when we first implemented the software. With their amazing customer support, we were able to overcome those issues, but it is something to consider.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear you're pleased with our customer service and that Asset Essentials has been intuitive, easy to use and made your life easier!

Here is my experience..

We have always had a Preventive Maintenance program and the software allows us to continue with keeping our PM schedule and tracking equipment history of repairs and Work Orders.

Pros

This software is very robust with features that you can use or not. It will just depend on the size of your organization and how much information you want to include when you are doing your implementation. There are areas I do not use due to other software packages that are in our organization. Customer support has been very good. We had time to get the feel of Asset Essentials before we migrated to it. The migration from our old software to Asset Essentials was seamless.

Cons

At this time I do not really have a lot of cons. Maybe the help guide, it is a bit over whelming when you want to look for a specific subject.

Hi Gary, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is making your life easier and that your migration was seamless. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions or need help!

A Tool You Can Not Go Without

We initially began using Facility Dude in July of 2013. Are initial goal was to utilize Facility Dude in several departments thru out our Government entity. The startegy was to start out slowly to see if the software would meet our needs. After adding our fifth department last week, we have become very pleased with its performance. Facility Dude is currently being used in our following departments:...

Rhinegeist 11/26/19 Review

Overall the system meets our needs and what we are trying to accomplish. I would like to see better reports so that I can "fine tune" my team and trends. Also on the original setup I was suppose to have unlimited storage, then they came back and said it would be "limited." There was also only one version of AE when I signed up, then the added AEE and wanted to change pricing. I was able to work out the issues, but still not exactly what was promised in the beginning.

Pros

I like the support availability and the ease of use. There are still areas where I think they can improve on, one being the mobile app (android/iphone).

Cons

Pulling certain reports and asset history is not user friendly. I have tried to work with them on multiple reports and it is always a nightmare of finding something that will work.

Hi Justin, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and patience as we continue to enhance and add more functionality to Asset Essentials. If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager or the Support team. We're glad you're part of The Dude!

Asset Essentials for Planned Maintenance

Overall Asset Essentials has been an incredible tool to show accountability for work orders on multiple levels from the techs, to requesters, to locations and even assets that are problematic.

Pros

It works great for prioritizing an keeping track of work orders from requesters along with planned maintenance schedules. The Report function is incredibly useful to assess where the techs are at with completion, labor hours, and availability.

Cons

The limited options for the tech accounts provide me with extra work editing their times. The timers are still tedious to use and when a work order is released on an asset it does not show details about the asset (ie. serial number or location) causing the techs to have to navigate to a different screen and research the asset to know which one it is exactly.

Hi Brandy, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear Asset Essentials has been helpful with tracking and reporting. Thanks again for your feedback!

Overall good

There seems to be a lot of functionalities we do not use. Some of this is our fault due to not having a full-time monitor for DS.

Pros

It is the first CMMS we have used and that has helped us with not letting work orders go unfinished. Made it easy to see what happens at night/weekends at our 24/7 facility without having to call in or stop by. Live Chat is very helpful.

Cons

- Metrics are hard to follow for the following reasons: 1. Each user has to be set up to follow a KPI. 2. KPI's aren't easy to set up and they don't log historical data. - Blanket licenses versus pay-per-license. - Parts entry sheet needs to be on the same page as the work order - similar to labor entry.

Hi Jeremiah, thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Asset Essentials has helped your team complete work orders and that you've been able to utilize live chat to get help from our support team. Our team would be happy to help you set up and use more functions within the system when you're ready!

Maintenance Direct has been a lifesaver for our department.

Pros

SchoolDude has the best customer service department! We really appreciate their prompt and friendly staff. Maintenance Direct is very user-friendly and allows unlimited user access. I loved that it was so easy to implement, you only had to enter minimal amount of data before using.

Cons

The only thing I can say is maybe allowing some customization in some of the filed categories instead of having to use their default list. Some districts may use different ways to describe the same function.

Asset Essentials Review

We had a verbal/spread sheet maintenance system before. This software is perfect for our organization. We primarily use it for documenting and tracking maintenance request and have not concerned ourselves with equipment maintenance cost tracking but the information is there when and if we decided to start doing it. Training was excellent and the instructor was able to answer all our questions quickly.

Pros

The features, ease of access, support and cost are perfect for our application.

Cons

We have not found any issues with the software or had any regrets for purchasing it.

Hi Dennis, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear Asset Essentials makes your workday run that much smoother. We're glad you're part of The Dude!

First CMMS at Atlas

Pros

MaintenanceEdge start up has been amazingly simple. Once our equipment list was finalized and given to Dude Solutions, their team completed all the data entry allowing free time for our end users to familiarize themselves with the software. The navigation is easy and training went smoothly and quickly. The support staff has been lightening quick about any questions that have come up. On going weekly scheduled meeting with our dedicated representative from Dude have reinforced training and expanded regularly on our knowledge of the program.

Cons

There are a few functions that have been lacking that tech support has been made aware of. Not all of the reports are able to be automatically generated on a schedule, ie. Downtime. I would like to see the ability to toggle some of the fields on or off depending on the end users preferences.

KNA Reveiw

We converted over from MP2 and utilize Asset Essentials for tracking machine repairs and for scheduling of preventive maintenance.

Pros

The software platform is easy to use. I also like that it has a mobile app that allows me to access the program from anywhere

Cons

I do not like the network lag as it adds several seconds to each step, making it rather time consuming for my team to use

Hi Mike, thanks for taking time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is easy to use and that you've enjoyed the mobile app. Thank you for being part of The Dude!

Asset Essentials

Pros

Asset Essentials has a very easy to use platform and mobile app. It allows my technicians to stay on the move across our 5 facilities. They are no longer tied to a desk top for work order info and completion.

Cons

The only con i have seen is the system does not change the equipment status to unavailable when there is an in progress work order.

Moved from BIgfoot to AE

Good

Pros

Very easy to setup and implement. Easy to work with and great people

Cons

The connector tools seems to be broken. I have had several issue with this . Seems there needs to be some fixes and development completed

Hi John, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear Asset Essentials has been easy to work with. Please reach out to our support team if you ever have questions or need help with something!

Definetantly not for manufacturing, load time galore

Overall i think this is a very beginner software with a ton of bugs and nonfunctional that they need to work out. Progress with bugs and these functionality problems take way too long if ever to be completed. Honestly wish we spent our money elsewhere.

Pros

setting up Pm's was a nice change from using Outlook calendar Work request made it easier for staff to tell me about broken equipment it does eliminate paper

Cons

very tough to start to use it because the lingo and they way they have it sorted doesn't really apply to manufacturing. to customize alot of thing you need them to do it because we don't have access. plus everything takes 5 at least 5 seconds to load. which doesn't sound like much but every thing you click will have load times. The app is terrible and unusable. load times, restriction in functionality. bugs. Ability to put in meter readings is terribly painful You cant add parts while in a workorder. its a separate page you have to go to. and you can't complete tasks while on a computer.

THE EASE OF IT ALL

Pros

Learning to use MD was so easy. I can enter purchased items, or stock items and then actually track the cost of a job, including the labor. It lets you know what status it is in, New Request, work in progress etc. and each person assigned to that job can actually go in leave notes for the others who are involved. If items have been ordered, you can also notify the others that once they arrive the job can be completed. Working in a school system, you deal with so many locations, and this helps to keep everyone informed and up to date on the latest.

Cons

I wish we had the options of ink colors, so if something is vital, that part could be done in red so that it is very visible.