Resource Guru Reviews

4.6

How would you rate Resource Guru?

Pros

Resource Guru is extremely easy to use and effective at managing a team. It loads quickly, is super reliable and is our go-to software for managing any project.

LB

Luke B.

Resource Guru is easy to use, and is updated to continue to make the product better for the customer. The repeatable booking function is fantastic.

KP

Katherine P.

I love how easy and simple Guru is to use. We spent so many years searching for a tool to fit our needs and only Guru could do what we needed - and better yet, it is so reasonably priced.

MA

Maggie A.

Cons

It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana. There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly.

MP

Melissa P.

Updating my work schedule/bookings is no longer a task that I dread.

JC

Jordan C.

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files. Unable to sort resources by experience level.

EG

Elom G.

A Helping Hand

Resource Guru is great really help keep on top managing your workflow.

Pros

Easy to use, helpfully displays list of tasks for the day and week. easy to amended if the work flow changes, and keep track of work done and what is lined up next.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is that unless you have schedule open in Brower your are not notified is anything is add or removed on the day you are work.

Hi Alan Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) We have firm plans to release an enhanced notification system in future, but in the meantime if you'd like emails to be sent more frequently you could setup DIY notifications using our Zapier integration. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app I'm not sure which email client you use, but as an example, you can find the triggers and actions available between Resource Guru and Gmail here https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations/resource-guru. I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Resource Guru

Really enjoyed it, easy system to work on very self explanatory

Pros

Friendly, very easy to use, and adaptable to my needs. Really enjoy the new things that come out regularly

Cons

Integration with other apps No undo feature

Hi Amanda Thanks for leaving your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that an undo button is very firmly on our roadmap for the future. I also wanted to mention that you can indeed connect Resource Guru with the other tools you use to run your business. You can build custom integrations using our API if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API...

Great Tool

it have been very positive. I implemented this across or company to get some visibility on our resource allocation. it have worked well and is not very expensive.

Pros

very easy to use and the calander view is great give me a sense of what is going on 2, 3, 4 weeks out.

Cons

would like to have a feature that allows the employee to be able to mark a task or a project complete, which would than send a notification back to me or the PM that they are available to do additional works.

My go-to tool for creative project planning

Resource Guru has helped me on my day to day, being able to plan and schedule projects easily for my team. The colour scheme makes it easy to, after a quick glance, know what projects are planned for the week and see who is working on what. The feature of 'split booking' is very hand as well.

Pros

Ease of use, highly customisable and visually appealing.

Cons

Something that could be added is the option of duplicating a scheduled project from one resource to another.

Hi Angela Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) I just wanted to let you know that you can quickly duplicate bookings from one resource to another by using SHIFT+drag, so there's no need to manually create bookings! You can find further details about it just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942096-duplicate-or-copy-calendar-events I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

A great way of organising your day

Pros

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

Cons

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

Hi Nikki, Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability. You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability. You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590 I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

Pros

- Color coding clients - Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource - Limiting permissions per user - Adding in when employees are OOO - Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before - Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

Cons

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words - It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana - There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Resource Guru - helps tackle lack of resource visibility

We are now able to track all of the resources within our department and run metrics on what is being worked on and what our utilisation is across IT. We also use this as a recharging model to our businesses so this is a vital piece of software.

Pros

The software is an easy to use format with searchable features and the ability to track personal from their actual hours work to the forecast showing future demand. The ability to allow resources to book against multiple codes and be organised in multiple teams means that reporting from the tool provides vital details for our KPI's and metrics, helping drive improvements and efficiencies within our organisation

Cons

There is a limited pipeline of change and growth of the software, which does not allow development in areas that would be useful to our company.

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

Pros

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

Cons

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings

The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial.

Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

Pros

The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities. It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products. Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place. A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

Cons

It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

Very User Friendly Resource

Simple and straightforward to use

Pros

Excellent for team planning; many colleagues can be grouped according to location or role so as to facilitate easy sight of teams on projects as well as how the projects are scheduled throughout a given period of time

Cons

Nothing at this stage is irksome; all aspects are use friendly

Love this tool

When I took over my role as class scheduler, our team was using a very outdated, manually intensive, spreadsheet. I looked at a number of scheduling applications, and so many of them are strictly hourly schedulers when I primarily needed a simpler daily view. We organized by class taught (projects) and type of delivery (clients). I have everything organized by billable/non-billable, color coordination of clients and have just a couple of admins while the rest of my team uses a single login to simply view the schedule when needed. We LOVE this tool, viewing/using it multiple times a day and are also now leveraging the reporting features.

Pros

Flexible, configurable, easy for non admins to use

Cons

Would like to be able to see details of an entry when hovering over it, more color options, more categories like products/clients that could be filtered or organized by

Resourcing consultants

We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest. Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Pros

Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device. Clear interface. Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

Cons

On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.

Clearly Brilliant!

I genuinely use this product every day and would find it hard to function in my day to day without it. Although there is room for improvement, I think in the last year it has improved greatly and am excited to see what features are to come in the future.

Pros

I love the way it looks and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy and paste a job across multiple users. Or have a tick box field that puts it into the diaries who will also attend that same meeting. I would like to be able to write all the information about the 'Event' in the projects tabs and for that to carry across to the timeline.

Hi Ashley - thanks for your positive review :) I just wanted to let you know that multi-resource and repeat bookings are on the roadmap. In the meantime you can SHIFT drag bookings to copy them. Also if you want to see the details of a project, you can click on the "pop-out" icon which you'll see when you hover over project/client on an existing booking. Here you can view/edit all the project details. I hope that helps :) Thanks, Percy

Time management made easy!

Pros

The tool really makes time management easy and extremely visual. It does away with ugly excel spreadsheets and with a neat UX, it allows for easy time forecasting whilst also enabling you to easily keep on top of your time expenditure! I genuinely love this tool. Along with the tool, where there are areas for improvement, the development team are happy to listen and actually make changes based on feedback! I've provided feedback with a couple of times and both have been integrated into future updates - this is a company that listens and constantly develops for the users' needs.

Cons

Very difficult to outline any main cons, as like I said above, any issues I've had with the tool historically, they've been resolved! If I HAD to provide one, it'll be how the tool works across different devices. It's not especially mobile friendly...but that's me scraping the barrel for a con.

Best SaaS tool we use in our business

Pros

Resource Guru literally transformed our business. It’s a super simple, yet incredibly powerful scheduling tool. It was very easy to implement and there was no friction onboarding the team. We’ve even setup some automations using their API, which feeds the data into our operational reporting. If you’re looking for a resource management and scheduling tool, look no further than Resource Guru.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see them add is a ‘do this every time’ option when I am asked how to handle a clash, rather than making me choose every time. Our business is such that we have to rearrange the schedule A LOT, and it gets annoying having to select an option over and over when I’m switching people’s schedules and it’s only going to be a temporary clash for 2 seconds. That’s a very small complaint though. Other than that, the software is perfect!

Good

Pros

easy to view and assign the tasks and assignment

Cons

if I want to put 0.5 hours of one of the tasks in my schedule, instead of putting "0.5" in the hour, I need to put "30" in the minute. That is a little bit inconvenient.

Pretty Good

Pros

Its pretty user friendly. Not complicated to start implementing.

Cons

I find some of the defaults don't make as much sense and can cause unnecessary extra steps.

Resoucre Guru Review

I am very happy with the product and the service. Do wish it was a bit cheaper as we are on south africa so it works out a bit more than finance likes to pay.

Pros

I love how eay it is to book. The reperating of project work and consulntans has made it so much easier.

Cons

It needs mor colurs to choose from, as I sometimes end up with duplicates. Extracting of reports, would prefer to just extract one specifc report at a time.

Hi Jean Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) Did you know that you can apply any custom colours to your resources, projects and clients via our API? You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. I hope this helps, but if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out; we're always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

Resource Guru is perfect for my everyday booking needs!

I have been managing the project assignations in my department using Resource Guru since 2012. As soon as I tried it, I fell in love with it. Is gets the job done! And it does not contain a ton of useless features like some of its competitors. It is easy to use, realiable. I use it everyday to manage my staff occupation and I don't know if I could work without it. A really great tool!

Pros

The booking features are simple and efficient to use! The reporting module is also very useful!

Cons

For my personal needs, everything is there! Is does exactly what I need and it does the job perfectly.

Visual planning delivered

Pros

Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Cons

Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

Guru will get your team into gear

At any time the producers and project managers have a full overview of what the creative team is up to, if they have time to work on other projects and their availability. it is easy to work with for top line planning and for in-detail remarks or instructions. As you can limit the workdays to 8 hours it becomes quicky apparent if additional resources are needed as you create "on hold" projects.

Pros

it is easy to plan projects and see what every team member is working on, when holidays are happening and their general availability. No more questioning what they should be working on when their project manager is not around.

Cons

it suits the purpose I have for it, but it would be great if you would be able to archive non-active projects easier than handling them one by one.

Guru

Easy to use! All in the cloud.

Pros

It is easy to get started and it is easy to use

Cons

Reporting part. We need to be able to redraw a nice report of the hours used daily/weekly/monthly/yearly for each project with the hours and comment for each person pr day to support our invoicing

Hi Martin Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) Did you know that you can download detailed copies of your reports, and then use pivot tables to roll up your data how you choose (for example by day/week/month/year)? You can learn more about using the downloaded reports here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942087-using-the-downloaded-reports. I hope this helps! If you need any further assistance at any point please don't hesitate to reach out :) Happy scheduling! Kat

Guru Review for you

The program solves our equipment and people scheduling issues. Our staff can book and pre-book. From a business stand point I can quickly see ahead at how busy we are. I can run reports to see the utilization of our equipment and staff. This gives me some data I can use to see if more equipment or staff are required.

Pros

Cost. We don't have to limit how much we add to the schedule (people or equipment) because of the licensing cost. Because of that we use it more extensively and therefore get even more value from it.

Cons

The pictorial Guru and daily saying I like personally, but I have heard the comments from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that it takes away from the professional feel of the program.

Resource Guru Is The Way Forward

Have really loved using this software. It's been user friendly, informative, detailed and is a great platform to organise and structure work within out agency. I love the step by step guides when new features have been added and how the support team is readily available when-ever we need assistance.

Pros

I love how easily it allows one to pull reports and distribute work around the agency. You're able to trace ALL activity on the system so accountability becomes very simple. RG has helped us manage and allocate projects and work better

Cons

It would be great if RG could have reoccurring tasks as many of the projects we schedule are on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis. I do understand that this is a feature the dev team are looking into, so we look forward to that becoming a live feature.

Great Software, too expensive

Good software and with a few tweaks/improvements it would be great but works out to be too expensive for large groups of resources.

Pros

Really easy to use and makes all resource planning very visible. Highlights the problem areas and upcoming projects really well

Cons

It turned out to be far too expensive for a fairly small company to justify. There was limited functionality around moving/altering/copying lines and resources input although the team are looking into this. The colours are limited for the lines also, which may seem like a small thing but the colours help to show visually what is planned. It would also be handy to be able to zoom in and out more to see full years as well as weeks.