ClickTime Reviews

Pros

Its fantastic and scalable - meaning that it suits an expanding business such as ours perfectly.

Roger A.

I used other time tracking in prior jobs. ClickTime is more flexible, easy to use and customize, has excellent help resources and responsive customer service.

Beth H.

Clicktime has been a good product for our payroll and expense reporting needs. Also great for capturing hours and equipment mileage for safety reporting.

Karen K.

Cons

We've had trouble integrating clicktime into our Quickbooks, it may be user error, but we've not quite figured it out yet.

Mic W.

Occasionally we have a conflict with our computer settings and clicktime.

Dana V.

Oleg L.

Great Time Keeping Software

Transcript

Kyle L.: My name is Kyle. I'm the Chief Financial Officer. We work in the oil and gas industry, and I...

Satisfied Longtime ClickTime User

As a longtime user of ClickTime and one of our agency's Administrators. I absolutely love ClickTime. The Customer Support staff has always been responsive and supportive of our needs. Years ago they worked with Sequel for the Admins to pull a special report landing in the most amazing, versatile pivot table that we still use today. This allows the super admins to summarize information and change parameters on the fly in ways that supersedes any of the Reports available too Managers. Recently, as we investigated and explored adopting the Project Insights tool, our rep was supportive, informative and patient in the process. We are looking forward to using that tool and seeing it develop to better serve our agency.

Pros

• The amount of information that this application collects while being very simple for users to fill out. • The variety of reports that managers can choose from viewing the data collected by task, person, project, etc. • Exporting these reports and also lists of project or users etc. into varying formats, .html, PDF, Excel... • The ease that the Advanced Tools allows Admins to alter past data that needs correction for a number of reasons, such as wrong task, wrong hours, wrong project, etc. were entered.

Cons

• Building custom reports can be a bit challenging • The ease and speed with which managers can choose the best existing report for their use. Seeing previews could be more clear and faster. • There is not an easy-to-use build-in way to monitor jobs by a project to project basis from budget to actual. We are currently adopting the Project Insights Tool that covers many of our needs but doesn't provide some features that we need to make it completely useful

Great Time Tracking Software!

I have enjoyed using ClickTime, it has made my daily routines much easier.

Pros

It made my life as an employee completing time sheets 95% faster than our old Excel Spreadsheet method. Also, completing Expense Reports and linking them to Jobs. As a manager, it made my life much easier tallying multiple employees and expenses time to one job.

Cons

Sometimes the Stopwatch or the other method wouldn't hold the time you put in and cause you to have to backtrack, but this does not happen often.

Hi Lucas, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime has helped you both as an employee and manager. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please continue reaching out to our Support team if you have any issues or questions. Best, Ethan

Helpful tool, but could be more helpful

This has been a helpful tool for our company, and with little funds as a nonprofit, the price is pretty good as well. Employees, supervisors, and admin use this daily to help get our work done

Pros

I like that my employees can easily divvy up time spent on program and grant related activities. As an administrator, I like the time off module because it helps to track vacation requests and automatically sends to a supervisor (reducing time and paper). The vacation accrual feature in this module is also helpful to reduce time and allows employees to check their balance at any time without bugging me for it. We also use the expense module and that has become helpful as well in reducing paper and time for supervisors.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to adjust expenses on the admin side after they have been submitted. If a change needs to be made to an expense project/job, admin can not adjust it, instead you have to reject it, have the employee change it and then resubmit it. Also while most reports work well for my needs, I have tried working with support to get a nice report with an employees expense sheet followed...

Hi Brittney! Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am going to reach out to you directly to share some great news. I have a way for you to be able to print out expense sheets with attached receipts, (without having to have a customized report) and I will be happy to get you our NEW QB Online connector! I am so very glad that you were able to share your needs so we know how best to serve you and your team. I will be in touch. Best Regards, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Easy to use and enables me to do my work not spend all my time running the software

It is dependable and easy to use.

Pros

ClickTime is extremely easy to learn. I had no problems setting it up and my employees have had no problems using it. The software enables me to have employees enter time and expenses themselves with a high degree of accuracy, quickly, and easily. I did not have to reconfigure my operations to use the software it worked how I was configured because of its adaptability.

Cons

Not having a plan that covers multiple people for a flat rate is an issue. Also given the frequently changing staffing levels and that I use per diem employees the monthly subscription by person while flexible for most is an issue for my operations. The software does not have the ability to automatically track compensation time or accumulate it and use it, nor does the time off module have an accumulation rule set that works for me. If I could create compensation and time off accumulation rules by hours worked or weeks worked, it would be better, and I would get the time off module.

Hi Joel, Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We're glad to hear that ClickTime has been beneficial for you and your staff in many ways over the last 2+ years. We recognize your request for compensation time and more flexibility around our pricing structure because your staffing changes over time. We will work with our product team to address these issues and look forward to continuing to partner with you for a long time to come! Thanks, Ethan

MaPS, Inc.

As a consultant, I get paid for my time - and my days are often broken up into many tasks for many different clients. Tracked time = billable time and ClickTime allows me to quickly and easily track my time and run reports for monthly invoicing. Bidding new jobs is more accurate now too, since I can easily run reports by phase and task to see how I did on the last similar job - and estimate the hours/price the new job accordingly.

Pros

Easy to set-up and easy to use. Low cost.

Cons

Can't copy/paste/add repetitive tasks - have to fill out entry for each.

Hi Matt, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of Clicktime. I see that you asked for the ability to copy/paste/add repetitive tasks? I will reach out to you directly to help me understand the need in more detail and get this feature request properly logged for you. I look forward to speaking with you and thank you again for your wonderful feedback on ClickTime. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

ClickTime empowers our team

When I came on board, we were a four-person company using Excel spreadsheets to track everything on our individual hard drives. As we've grew -- we're now four times the size we were -- we needed a way for managers to see where we were on hours in somewhat real time. ClickTime allows us to do so. Managers can run reports to see who's on vacation, how everyone is doing against their time allocation budget, where we stand on clients to date. It's a great tool that lets them see their clients' status without solely relying on the accounting department.

Pros

ClickTime is intuitive to use and set up. We use the following modules: time tracking, expense reporting, time off management and resource planning. The mobile app makes mileage, expenses and receipts a breeze to track paperlessly. Time tracking, time off management and resource planning empower our account managers to use our clients' dollars wisely and our team members to manage their time appropriately.

Cons

Data exports flat only with custom reports. It's a bit clunky in handling retainer clients. There's not a way that I know of to write off/down time.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! I would love to get some more details around your retainer clients and how we may be able to create a workflow for write-ups and downs in your system. I will reach out directly to schedule some time with you. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Great Software for a Growing Company

Clicktime allows us to track hours, job functions, and expenses to individual projects. I also like the dashboard features which allow us see a quick snapshot of where our budgets are currently sitting and if we are close to exceeding project budgets.

Pros

Clicktime is easy to use and easy to track your hours by project, employee, client, ect. We are a small company but are spread out across multiple states. Using both the online clicktime portal as well as the IOS app have made tracking employee time easy.

Cons

Hi Mic, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! I'm glad to hear that you've found it easy to use and beneficial to your organization. Keep your eye out for an email from us regarding our Quickbooks integrationwe'd love to help you get it running smoothly! Best, Cali ClickTime

Served Us Well

The data we got from ClickTime was instrumental in helping us really determine our profitability per service line, per client and per person. Before we implemented, we were flying blind.

Pros

With a complex client base, we were able to customize to support a lot of daily entries. Great reporting and lots of customizations we could make to our reports. Very stable platform. In 8+ years it was almost never down.

Cons

We struggled with the mobile app. We started long in 2012, long before app came out. By the time it came out, we found it cumbersome. We never really tested the most recent versions as my team works all on desktop environment.

Hi Tom, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I will be more than happy to review the Mobile v2 application with you and see if this would be a good fit for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback and have a fantastic day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Easy to Use, Great Service

Our organization implemented ClickTime almost 4 years ago. It has a been a great solution for tracking our time. The system is easy to customize based on your needs. It's given us much better information for making better decisions. Reporting is easy and detailed. We also implemented the expense reporting module to automate our expense report process. That was a significant time savings for our organization. ClickTime is always rolling out new features and making improvements to the project. The help resources are great and easy to use if you have a question or encounter an issue. I highly recommend ClickTime.

Pros

ClickTime is very easy to use and can be customized to meet the needs of your organization

Cons

One of the challenges we've had as an organization is just determining what can a regular user see vs. a manager vs. an admin, but we've found easy work arounds for this.

Exactly what we need

Pros

ClickTime is reliable, simple, and does everything we need without extraneous features getting in our way.

Cons

There are some nits in the time entry form if I’m searching for things to complain about, but overall I have no major complaints.

Hi Dan, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

ClickTime Applicability for a Small Nonprofit

Overall, our experience with ClickTime has been exceptional. As we were looking to upgrade our account, the support team was extremely helpful in providing in depth information regarding the various features available, allowed for a 30 day free trail, and walked us through the various functions of the upgrade through an interactive webinar. ClickTime is not only cost effective, it is user friendly, has a wide array of features and upgrades and the customer service is professional and easily accessible.

Pros

ClickTime provides a very practical and streamlined approach for managing staff and various program budgets. The Reports feature in particular is extremely helpful in tracking and reporting on grants. We can easily run reports for costs associated with an entire grant project, or break this down into specific jobs and even projects both in terms of staff time as well as associated expenses. There...

Cons

In relation to the Insights feature, the budget summaries and analysis do not include any associated expenses so a separate report has to be completed to get the full budget picture. While this adds another step, it is not a huge deal in relation to the functionality of ClickTime as a whole, rather it is just a small opportunity for ClickTime to hone in even more on this feature.

Hi Shannon, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am glad that your experience has been exceptional and I will absolutely share your feedback about our Support Team. Regarding your request about expenses and our Project Insights module. We have logged your feature request and I have shared this personally with the product team. We thank you for your detailed feedback as it helps us improve the overall experience of ClickTime for all users. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

User and Administrator friendly

Pros

We have been using Clicktime at our small engineering firm for over 10 years. Several of our employees are out on projects, they love the ease of using the phone app to log time and enter/upload receipts. As an administrator I find the program to be very straight forward and user friendly. Every time I call in to get help or ask a question they are professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a great, user friendly software to help track time and expense and give you the data you need to track projects and send invoices I highly recommend Clicktime!

Cons

We are looking forward to more updates and progress on the phone app. Occasionally we have a conflict with our computer settings and clicktime.

Hi Dana, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. I have reached out to you directly because I have some great news. We have a new mobile application and I would like to invite you and your team to participate in the public beta. We are glad to hear that we have provided you with such a positive experience and look forward to continuing that trend in the future. Many Thank, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Time tracker and Expense reporting - in one pot

Positive

Pros

I like friendly UI, offline mode of mobile app and combination of time tracking and expense reporting. Plus standard, out of the box reporting fetures. Easy to start.

Cons

Limited customizing features, slow custom development, weak integration API in Expense module. It is not a software for for time tracking on operational task level - in fact, you can tract only actiity types (they named it tasks). For the projects where we have dynamic tasks list (like support), and we want to track time on the level of each incident, we have to use anoter solution (redmine), and upload data to Clicktime. Price is also somenthing what you have consider. E.g. you can use another comparable time tracking for free. For us Expense tracking module is a anchor

Hi Oleg, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. We always appreciate your honest feedback. I have just contacted you regarding the Expense API. I've also passed along your feedback to our Product Team for review. They are aware of your requests and I hope we can provide the desired functionality soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or comments. Best, Cali ClickTime

Makes payroll a breeze

Almost 11 years using ClickTime, I don't ever see us using anything else. We've told many other organizations like ours about ClickTime and each one that has tried it has purchased the software. It just makes good sense in creating accurate timesheets.

Pros

ClickTime in a non-profit world has decreased the amount of time in processing payroll. Everything is right the first time once the employee submits their timesheet. The reports needed for our grantors can be run in just a couple of clicks. No more pulling timesheets from folders. The electronic signatures meet the requirements that our state and federal funders require which means less printing and filing. ClickTime is versatile in the ability to add multiple funding sources. Being able to inactivate old funders and creating new funders is easy. Our agency has used ClickTime since 2009 and wouldn't think of using anything else. The creators of ClickTime seem to improve the software each year with even better reports and ease of use for everyone.

Cons

Due to the fact that our pay week ends at 5 p.m. on a Friday instead of midnight, we are unable to get grant percentages on time spend on each funder accurately. Clicktime is not set up to end a pay week like that.

Hi Robbin, Thank you so very much for your review! Great news! I have an appointment set with Rhonda next week to talk about the cutoff time and to see how I can help! I look forward to working with your team. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Click Time Review

Pros

My company was previously using an Excel Sheet submission for payroll. Click Time has been much more streamline, easy to use, and reliable than the Excel Sheet. I like that I can review and edit my (as well as my staff's submission through my Supervision role) as needed and that everything as far as expense sheets and weekly time sheets are in one place. I also like that I can upload receipts easily for my expense sheets. I like that Click Time was able to work with my company to customize options for therapy/educational usage.

Cons

Click Time occasionally deletes the administration notes, which are extremely important to our company for billing and customer service purposes. Click Time also doesn't make the search function very easy for things in the service option. As a supervisor, I would like to be able to edit time sheets without clicking on each day, which takes an extended time to load.

Hi Robyn, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. We are glad to hear that ClickTime has streamlined your processes! Data integrity is very important to us, so I worked with your administrator yesterday to make sure that we are able to track all entries as they happen. Please let us know if you experience any issues going forward when they happen so we can address them immediately. I will also enter a week view feature request for editing timesheets, I think that is a great idea! Thank you again for all of your fantastic feedback. If you ever need any assistance we are always here for you. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Core software for our business

Top Notch. In a recent review with CRA where we showed our overall tracking and accounting system they were very impressed with our level of organization - Clicktime is one of three components that comprise our system.

Pros

The interface and functionality is excellent for myself as the company director, for our accounting person to track and gather hours on projects, and for our project manager to watch where the projects are compared to estimate. Entering time is also simple and easy for the employees as different projects are defined and sub tasks can be unique for each project / resource.

Cons

I'd like to see the daily notes for each time entry expanded upon, perhaps with a few different columns that could be selected.

Hi Ian, Thanks for your review of ClickTime. We're excited to hear that you've been able to better track where time is being spent on project compared to your estimates. Additionally, we've shared your suggestion regarding expanding the use of notes for time entry, and will review for possible improvements within ClickTime. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Ethan ClickTime

Excellent Record Keeping

It has been an very easy learning process for me and the staff. We have reduced discrepancies and errors to almost zero when billing clients and paying the staff.

Pros

The accuracy of timesheets for billing purposes and payroll. I like the historical data for making future budgets. Our auditor likes it when he is reconciling our financial records. Overall, it has made a vast improvement in our company and I only wish I had done this sooner.

Cons

Being fairly new, there were some reports that I requested and hopefully the company will incorporate them into the software. Salaried people will only be paid as if they worked 8 hours, but I will bill them for what they actually worked (8+ hours), then I would like to reduce the overage as a credit to comp time, but the software does not allow putting in negative amounts probably for a valid reason.

Hi Sonya, Thanks so much for your review! We're grateful to hear that ClickTime has added a lot of value for your whole team and has been easy to learn. We're very happy that ClickTime can continue to play a part in your staff's success! Ethan ClickTime

Selection team made the right decision.

ClickTime was my second choice, but as stated in the Title, I was wrong and the team was right. That said, we're in Year 5 with ClickTime and I'll be the first to say it's a great product and excellent value for the money.

Pros

Ease of use: very intuitive for users, managers & administrators. Good selection of standard reports and responsive to customer requests for customization. Admin functions comprehensive without being complicated. DCAA Compliance is annoying to staff as it should be since it means they aren't completing timecards daily!

Cons

This maybe more our fault than limitations with ClickTime's software, but XIA's Founder requires a running narrative in Activity Notes that can be quite long at times. The DCAA Compliance module can be quirky with respect to long Activity Notes, but we've not run across this limitation when detail is entered same day as time worked.

Hi Karl, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product (and have been for the last 5 years)! :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Simple to use with lots of functionality

I set our organization up with Clicktime 3 or 4 years ago and it's worked beautifully for us ever since. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel (Excel was a must for us). I was having trouble finding a simple timekeeping...

Pros

Simple user interface, lots of reports to choose from (and ability to export them in PDF or Excel), all the functionality we needed, easy to customize and get started!

Cons

The price per employee/mo model can easily bump this software from affordable to unaffordable in instances where we had to hire a bunch of contractors for a project. Since overhead isn't often recovered with non-profits, it forced us to have contractors track their time outside of the Clicktime system.

Great tool for project and resource management

I have overseen several time/project management tools over the past 10+ years, including 3rd party offerings and tools incorporated into an ERP. In my experience ClickTime is hands down the most user friendly for the everyday users and team managers. The Clicktime team provided exceptional support throughout the system setup and onboarding processes. Updating and maintaining the data in the system is much easier than other systems I have worked with. Overall it has been the best time/project management tool that I have used.

Pros

There are two things that stood out for me. First was the ease with witch we were able to customize the system to align with the requirements for our business. The flexibility of ClickTime allowed us to make changes to the "standard" setup without delaying our timeline for the integration. The second item is the intuitive user interface for everyone who is recording their time. This allowed for a smooth transition from our legacy time/project management tool and many employees have provided positive feedback regarding the change.

Cons

I think the feature for setting a minimum hour requirement for a day/week could be improved. We are set up on a monthly cycle so the hour requirements are set up on a daily basis. For employees who work a flexible schedule (for example someone might work 6 hours one day and ten the next) and part time employees this has caused them to receive notices that their time is incomplete for days where they did not log the minimum 8 hours. This is only a minor inconvenience but caused some concern after the initial roll out. Our solution has been to remove the minimum hour requirement for these individuals, but having the flexibility to set the hour requirements weekly while also being able to manage on monthly cycle would solve this.

Hi Jason, Thank you for your wonderful review of ClickTime! As I understand it you have already been in contact with your Customer Success Manager and he is going to work with you on the completion hours in the timesheet settings. We appreciate all of your amazing feedback and please let us know if you think of any other topics that will be of value to you. Best Regards, The ClickTime Team

Time-saver and cost effective for our non-profit

Our experience has been excellent. Anthony, my customer service contact, has been amazing. Super responsive, available to help, but does not overwhelm me with questions or check ins. I appreciate that.

Pros

ClickTime was pretty easy to set-up and implement. Moving from an excel timesheet to online process makes the administrative aspects of time records management so much easier. We are currently working to implement the expense portion of the product.

Cons

There are some formatting options I wish were available for the site admin, however customer service has made any changes a painless process. They respond quickly and thoroughly. I wish the product allowed for a separate time-in and time-out function not assigned to a funding source or program. Additionally, the option to record general daily notes as a separate section instead of by funder would...

Support Team

ClickTime is user friendly and I haven't had any of our employees to complain. They actually like ClickTime better than any other software we have used in the past. I think we will be using this for years to come.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Being the administrator isn't hard either because ClickTime has an excellent support team that takes out time to listen and help to the best of their ability. I am always more than satisfied when I have to contact the support team. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Cons

I don't have any cons yet with the software. I guess the only thing I can think of is I wish I could convert the data into an invoice, but that's not enough for me to complain. Great software.

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! I have some great news for you that we do have an invoice report available to you that will hopefully give you what you need. Feel free to reach out to us at support@clicktime.com and we will be glad to walk you through the steps. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime Customer Success Manager

ClickTime has enabled us to better analyze operational and project costs!

Clicktime has a very intuitive user interface and it is easy to setup and maintain. It has enabled our IT department to track the level of effort we spend on operational task and project activities. We have a far better understanding of where our employees spend their time and able to make more informed decisions about where to invest our effort. It is also very easy to update and change the activities that are tracked so we have been able to evolve and mature our Clicktime usage over thee last two years. We were faced with budget cuts, which required us to make sure we were investing our time on the right activities. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making.

Pros

Cons

There are only 3 security roles available, even though you can configure access at an individual level it can be somewhat time consuming.

Clicktime is a Dynamic Timesheets System Especially Useful for Attorneys

It's been excellent. The ability to export timesheets quickly is integral to our reporting.

Pros

The interface allows you to add timesheets quickly and efficiently. We're a law office, so we bill in 6 minute increments. On average, I have 10 - 15 time entries daily, which is nightmarish. We've evaluated numerous tools, and Clicktime is just the most efficient in terms of it's UI.

Cons

The integration with QB Online is still being worked out and the integration with QB can be tricky.

Hi Ajay, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm thrilled to hear that you've found ClickTime to be quick and efficient to use. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Clicktime for multiple clients

I have tried other time keeping systems and this is more versatile and meets most of our needs. The customer support is great and they were really helpful during our set up, they answered all of our questions and got us set up in a way that worked best for our company.

Pros

The software allows me to pivot between clients. The ability to use either manual timers or clocked timers with notes is helpful in understanding our company's staff utility and client profitability. All the data captured allows us to create reports that can be manipulated to better analyze our company's performance.

Cons

There are glitches in time keeping system that can sometimes occur and it won't record the time or it will turn it into a manual entry rather than a timed entry so then we have to recreate the entry by hand and we might have lost some of the data integrity.

Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! We're excited that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime and been able to better understand your staff and company's overall performance. Thanks so much for the shout out to our onboarding and support teams as well. Please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance if, and when, you have any other questions or feedback. All the best, Ethan