Favro Logo

The agile collaboration app for organizational flow.

Favro Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.28/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

I love the fact that it incorporates a spreadsheet element and "cards" and seamlessly pulls from one to the other. Super easy to wrap my head around that system.
We started using this to track project progress within our team, and love the features. Very easy to use and great interface.
The verification engine is very well thought out and works like a charm. Slack integration is great as that is where most users first start when they have a question.
Fearing I would lose all the boards, I didn't do this and assumed that the plan would be automatically degraded.
With a large number of subtasks, it becomes difficult for me to perform actions, because the application has too limited a number of tools for structuring.
It takes too much time to load, and the drag and drop functionality is very buggy.

Paolo L.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Good for non-technical teams

Better team management, who does what, very flexible board design, tracking of tasks across all boards, etc

Pros

We do not need to track scrum speed or similar, and instead we need to get everybody on the same page on who does what, in a sparse team over multiple sites. Favro has some features that make it more desirable than its most famous competitors: duration of tasks, overview of a person's tasks over multiple boards, tracking of card age, two status of avatars (you can tag who is done on a card), etc. Really cool for team management when you grow to 5+ teams on 4+ sites and people working remotely!

Cons

Nothing bad for the moment, only a bit of an investment for a (non-American) startup budget. Customer support mark of 4 is like that only because we did not yet try it.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Very Reasonable and Useful Project Management Software

Pros

I work with a team of people at the HR department. Although we handle different tasks and projects, there are some projects that we collaborate together. It’s important to find an app that has everything centralized in one system. This is where Favro comes to the picture. I was very happy to find this application which has very cheap monthly fees. I don’t even know where to start with the features, but this software allows you to brainstorm, track and plan ahead. You can use it on your phone and computer. The interface looks so cool and you can print out the reports of your projects.

Cons

It looks like a relatively new software that seems to be dynamic, but not all features can be used to its full potential. Better to not have many features but excel in what it can offer.

MS

Matthew S.

Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees

Great for general overview, not great for specifics

Okay experience with Favro, but my job requires a lot of flexibility with subtasks, which is where Favro lacks. The other organizational aspects work well.

Pros

Favro gives great overview information. It's nice that cards can live in multiple places so team members can all work on the same project.

Cons

Favro does not do subtasks well. Its possible, but isn't a smooth process.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

A Sophisticated Virtual Project Management Software

My score for Favro is 9.5/10, but they don't deserve to have it rounded down to 9. 10 it is.

Pros

I was searching for an app to manage my projects and was thrilled to have stumbled upon this program called Favro. Favro has so much to offer when it comes to working as a team. We can visualize our projects while discussing virtually and writing it down on the virtual whiteboard. You can create a board and add frames. I am a visual person when it comes to learning and Favro captured my attention. The program keeps me focuses and excited about our projects. The program allows you to do video conferencing calls and chats. Favro is a sophisticated software for project management.

Cons

I don’t have any problems with the software because it has really helped me with my projects and tasks. The price is also very reasonable and affordable. Only thing I'd suggest Favro improve is to how fast their team replies to tickets.

Sofia C.

Excellent app for the management of your projects and teams

It is a good option for task management, with a nice and intuitive design, it is a very competitive market but its service is good.

Pros

This relatively new application offers a very complete and attractive service for project management, has a very nice interface and its operation is very intuitive which helps a lot to implement and put into rapid production, because if your team has worked with methods agiles, it will be very easy to use this, has good tools and functionalities for an excellent management.

Cons

If you require complete management at the enterprise level you may lack features that you should complement with other applications, but you can perform the task acceptably

Doris L.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Help your work team to meet its objectives

Assign projects to my work team and ask them to manage the tasks through this application, they managed to do a special collaborative work since they really managed to organize themselves, the projects were executed without problem and in the agreed times

Pros

It is an application to manage projects that are easy to use, and with intuitive features that will help you to fulfill your plan. Create the workflow indicated to meet the project and generate high quality professional reports to inform your boss

Cons

Improve the aesthetics of the application would be great, add more visual elements that enrich it

Jonathan B.

Music, 1-10 employees

Our team is loving Favro - productivity unleashed!

The experience has been great so far, loving it and would recommend to our business partners.

Pros

We started using this to track project progress within our team, and love the features. very easy to use and great interface.

Cons

I don't think there is anything we dislike about Favro. It's all good so far, and we will keep using it!

Simon H.

After much searching, and many trials, we chose Favro as it most closely supported our workflow

Pros

Multiple boards in the same collection and sharing of cards between those boards. And the UX. And integrations.

Cons

Minor, but if I send a url of a card to a colleague, when they click it, they see only the card - they can't easily see which board it came from, so they lose context

Arvin D.

The perfect tool for good work flow

I can keep tasks organized and it removes the need of Post-it notes. I can document my work and generate reports. I can know what i have to do, and in what order i have to do it (prioritizing).

Pros

Favro is so easy to use, the customer support is very good and fast responding, i haven't experienced any bugs, the search function is very good and can be used for advanced searching, the archiving is good, lots of hotkeys/shortcuts, great intergration and apps,

Cons

There could be more options for customisation for the Collections. I wish the collections could be but in folders or something similar to keep it more organized.

Christopher S.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Overall love the product. Think it's great (5-stars) but could be better.

A one-stop-view at all the project that I need to worry about.

Pros

The ability to create a task management workflow in a flexible way, that has some clear rules. For example, having a backlog different to an active board, that looks different, it very useful.

Cons

The mobile app isn't as clean as the desktop app. Moving cards is a weird interaction, for example, and visualizing backlogs + boards is so different from desktop that it's almost like a different app all together. I use the mobile app only to add things quickly, but it's so conceptually different that I use it for little else.

TP

Taylor P.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Favro has been great - we migrated from Trello, and it has been overall pretty seamless.

Overall - this has been a great productivity software. We have very much enjoyed the ability to have cards live in multiple locations, so that people in different departments can all make updates to the same card.

Pros

The ability to have cards live in multiple locations is the #1 reason we switched from Trello to Favro. The Marketing and Product teams have separate boards, but, often work together on tasks. It is great to have a single card or group of cards live in multiple locations, so that when anyone makes an update to the card, it is updated for everyone.

Cons

Management of cards and boards isn't as easy as I'd like it to be. Every week, we make a new board for tasks that we want to accomplish that week, and we move the cards between columns as we make progress on them. When we complete the task, we move the card all the way over to a 'Done' column that we create. The columns are the same every week, and each week we need to manually create a new board...

LB

Liran B.

I've been looking for a tool to replace Trello for a while. Favro is Trello on steroids.

Pros

The ability to turn features on and off. For example swim lanes are huge. Another example is the Slack integration. The core functionality is there, but I can also add additional pieces per project as needed. I also love the fact that if you can use Trello. Favro feels like its older, stronger, smarter brother. After a while, some of my client Trello boards turned into 30 column monstrosities. Favro...

Cons

I wish the card templates were dynamic. In other words, I create a template, and after updating the card template it updates all the other templates moving forward.

EP

Esther P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer support.

More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros

Easy to understand and use. More project structure than in Trello. Report abilities More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system). Clone function. Distinction between backlog and board Templates for boards and collections Copy function

Cons

Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review. User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving. Customer fields is a welcome feature. Several templates per board or backlog are not possible. Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with...

SB

Susan B.

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Organized, functional, keeps team on task, provides transparency about WIP

My team knows exactly what to work on, and stakeholder know all the projects that are currently WIP, or on deck.

Pros

1. Having a customizable backlog in addition to Kanban boards for team members. 2. The estimation field helps us follow scrum/agile process. 3. The ability to tag members, setup workflow rules, card limits, and manage a checklist of tasks to complete that card. 4. Private To Do list

Cons

1. Would like a "Go To" link to be able to open the card in it's location (whether in a different collection, backlog or board). 2. A way to sort my backlog ( rearrange order by card title, board location, dates, estimation, tags, members, etc.) 3. Double-click to open attachments instead of downloading. 4. The option to add a card from a backlog to a specific columns on a Kanban board (Doing, Done,...

JO

Jonathan O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great software! Highly recommendable for any business!

Our overall experience is very positive. We are extremely satisfied with the system, as we use it to both manage our day-to-day tasks and our various projects - both client projects and internal projects. We use a mix of agile and waterfall methodology when planning and managing our projects and the possibility to create a project plan (tree view) and have a corresponding board next it, is one of our favorite features!

Pros

The flexibility of being able to set up multiple collections with boards and lists (even project plans). It makes a mix of conventional project management methods (waterfall) and agile methodology work in one software. Furthermore the reports which can be created out of the software bring even more value to managing the business with Favro.

Cons

One thing that is missing for our organization is the possiblity to sort the cards when looking at "Cards assigned to me".

KS

Karel S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very powerful tool bringing the best from Trello and adding exactly what I was missing.

Pros

We can look at our work in any scale we want and keep everything connected. It is possible to both comprehensively present high-level roadmap to the stakeholders and keeps the tiny tasks for the development team in the same app. This is huge in terms of sustainability and maintenance of our work. The tool is incredibly flexible and I'm still trying to get the best from it.

Cons

Sometimes Favro can be overwhelming. Just today I was creating a huge WBS and I was scared I am missing something since the project tree hierarchy is missing some kind of visual cues to prevent accidents (like more group spacing). Favro is a little bit slow I get a feeling like an app is not running super smoothly like Trello for example and the lag disturbs me a bit. More problematic, however, is...

BF

Brian F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Favro - The True All-in-one Project Management tool

Favro is a truly collaborative tool. The tool we used previously claimed to be collaborative, and I even thought it was, but after moving to Favro I'm blown away by the ease with which tickets move from one department to the next, with everyone seeing the full history of the work done on that particular issue. It's brought a lot of transparency and (at the risk of over-using this word...) collaboration to our team.

Pros

The best thing about Favro is the flexibility. No matter what kind of processes you're managing, you'll find a way to do it in Favro. Other apps I've used force you to follow a certain flow; they are, in other words, opinionated. Favro isn't. While it may take you some time to adjust to this tool if you're moving to it from another tool, BE PATIENT BECAUSE IT WILL DEFINITELY BE WORTH IT.

Cons

My complaints about Favro are all trivial. For example, my primary complaint is that the software does not display filenames for attachments. I'd like it to show filenames because we like to refer each other to specific attachments (screenshots, mockups, etc.), which is difficult when you can't refer to them by filename. See? Pretty trivial.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great enhancement to Trello-style Kanban with some unpolished edges

It's a positive experience and so far I've used it for two projects I manage (invited 20+ co-workers to join). I hope the integration with other tools especially JIRA are even more thorough (it's functional right now, but not to a point I can just rely on that without manual touches)

Pros

Features. Features. Features. It's fully packed with features I dreamed of in Trello and now all available and even better. The visual style is appealing and the product itself is solid

Cons

There're some rough edges in how the web app is loaded in the browser. For large boards it takes a long pause, sometimes so long that I wonder if the board is empty. The pricing is on the expensive side. Lack of a personal / individual plan is also unfortunate so I can't use that for both professional and personal projects.

CT

Christopher T.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very good, when I did report a bug on the calendar feature it was fixed within 48 hours

Increased productivity, single point for different disciplines to collaborate and more functionality than trello (where we was currently using 2 separate systems for client management and development)

Pros

Easy to use and easy to work with our small team Being able to plan out projects in backlog and then split actionable items in to weeks within boards has made a real difference to our productivity

Cons

We manage all our clients in a single collection (with work divided between two people) This is great and easy to use, but if we want to export a timeline for a particular client we need to remove members from the tasks not associated with the particular client. It would be great if we could filter the timeline view on a single backlog within a collection

CP

Caroline P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

We've been using Favro for a while now on my team. Overall there's a lot of things I like about it.

Organization and planning

Pros

I like how easy it is to view my projects for the week and to see what my other co workers are working on. Archiving is a really nice feature so the card can be tucked away, but also easily viewed

Cons

I know my coworkers have brought up some issues regarding the program. Personally small things get to me : 1. When I use command H to hide my browser window it hides all the cards. 2. The new format makes it difficult for me to see if new cards have been added 3. It used to be easier to move cards around between collections

FE

Fredrik E.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Small production team loving Favro

It's been helping our productivity. We have managed to get everything from our production workflow to our sales to be in a very good order. Great piece of software!

Pros

For a team under five persons Favro is super cheap. We've tried them all (Asana, Trello etc) and none of them has fit us. With favro we are finally getting a tool we use daily without it feeling like it takes up too much time. All of us enjoy using it and have found a great way of managing our time and projects through Favro.

Cons

We really wish there was a better overview of a calender. That way you could set tasks/cards and see your own personal calendar of what has to be done, but also see what your team is working on and deadlines.

SF

Stephanie F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

More detailed than Trello

Much better than Trello and more organised. Good to have people on chat support

Pros

We use Favro mostly for the detailed time tracking software - to push out reports at the end of each working week.

Cons

It would be good to have collapsable rows in each collection to make the board more compact. We are making new collections per project as we like the collapsable lanes. Sometimes when we have finished with a project we want to move it all under one collection like an older archived list but obviously, can't put a collection in a collection. It would also be useful to put the cards into a scroll...

DM

Damiaan M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Transformative, favro is a wonderful way to maintain clarity & oversight of projects, large or small

everything

Pros

It has fundamentally changed the way we manage and oversee projects. the linear movement of cards across the various boards gives a very visual overview of the state of a project. Having the entire team collaborate across different elements of the project but all feeding back into the favro board, it is the beating hear of everything we do!

Cons

No .pdf preview is very annoying (especially when trello has this....) Attached images don't appear when searching cards

AP

Andrea P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A fresh platform to manage your projects!

We were looking for software that could help us monitor activities within our creative agency and we came across Favro. Favro's software structure is highly modular and allows us to manage various types of projects. Moreover, the possibility to interact also with external members of our organization is a feature that can not miss for an agency.

Pros

The platform allows you to easily change the way you manage a project. Moreover, one of the pros that convinced us was the possibility to have the chronology of the single workings (timesheet) that allows us to have under control how much time we invest in which project. In addition, the fresh interface makes it much more enjoyable to use than other more challenging platforms.

Cons

One of the aspects to improve is the possibility to customize Excel exports, useful to collect data and make company statistics. Also, it would be great to have a panel where you can manage the permissions of individual users or groups of users. It's a young platform but I'm sure it will be improved over time!

MS

Mike S.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent platform for tracking complex tasks

Pros

Our company has a lot of employees. On average, even a small project has 500-600 users. I can’t imagine how we would organize work without Favro, because it’s physically impossible to track the work of all employees on our own.

Cons

It is difficult to make friends cards among themselves. Also, when a large number of subtasks appear, the workflow threatens to turn into chaos. Therefore, I believe that we need to add more structuring tools to the interface.