Favro

The agile collaboration app for organizational flow.

Favro Reviews

Pros

I love the fact that it incorporates a spreadsheet element and "cards" and seamlessly pulls from one to the other. Super easy to wrap my head around that system.

The verification engine is very well thought out and works like a charm. Slack integration is great as that is where most users first start when they have a question.

Daivat D.

We started using this to track project progress within our team, and love the features. Very easy to use and great interface.

Jonathan B.

Cons

Fearing I would lose all the boards, I didn't do this and assumed that the plan would be automatically degraded.

Furkan E.

With a large number of subtasks, it becomes difficult for me to perform actions, because the application has too limited a number of tools for structuring.

Alex J.

It takes too much time to load, and the drag and drop functionality is very buggy.

Abstract Approach to Cards; Few Limitations

For business partners & employees there was a steep learning curve; BUT Favro’s blog and resources do an amazing job at showing a lot of different management styles & project management approaches being used on the platform. This really helped people with different business and personal backgrounds start with a strong footing. The biggest part of the adoption wasn’t the platform, but how individual actors in the organization wanted to manage projects and action items when there was no platform limitations... Which for a startup, is definitely required as the business solidified it’s processes over time. Basically, there were no bottlenecks presenter while doing a myriad of different project types on Favro... that’s a big statement for a platform.

Pros

The platform approaches cards agnostically, but ensures re-use of customizations through templates. Lanes, groups, automation, and tagging make almost anything manageable in Favro... more than almost all others that I’ve worked on for production level projects. Agnostic to project management styles is a huge benefit when running things in the platform. Also important, the platform is amazing for how old it is. It’s “young” but I’m sure it will surpass others in terms of features.

Cons

Lanes displayed as standard cards in “My cards” is a bit overwhelming. I’m sure in the future they will keep upgrading to pay a bit more attention to “admin” views and have more “authority” driven dashboard views that summate statistics that currently are only viewable directly to the boards themselves.

Everybody needs support at some moment and if you see yourself in this situation too, avoid favro.

The trial experience is not good when we were implementing and onboarding the team we need more days to have everybody working in the same page, but Favro don't have this option and lock down all my account data. We came from Asana to work in favro but when we had many projects running at the same time we lost the full picture and after 3 months we came back to Asana. I asked the support how to downgrade my plan and they told me the wrong instruction and my data was locked again. This is the worst feeling that you can offer to someone: lock someones data and answer the day after, well, I'm still waiting it.

Pros

Intuitive views my team enjoyed to work with favro

Cons

We can have a macro view of the projects and we had to work with other platforms together

Great UI, but lacks depth of functionality

I wouldn't say we had any benefits. We tried it because we liked their other product (Hansoft) which is native, and expected that they would be creating a web-version of what they had or at least something that is feature comparable.

Pros

1. Great UI for KanBan based products 2. Concept of parent child hierarchies that are not limited to 3 or 4 levels (allows us to do great planning). However, this functionality is really tedious to use in the UI, unlike their Hansoft product. 3. Easy to update cards/add comments/add attachments 4. Multiple assignees to cards 5. Tasklist within cards

Cons

1. The parent-child hierarchy is nearly impossible to use due to UI design / usability problems 2. Searching and reporting is completely lacking. I wouldn't even call it mediocre, it's just not there. There is some "filtering" which is absolutely unusable for any large project. 3. No ability to link tasks in any way or mark duplicates. 4. *** NO WAY TO EXPORT DATA *** : BEWARE OF THIS (I wrote my own export using their API, but lost between 30-50% of the details of each card)

Getting organized with Favro

Wonderful - I've never been more organized with my work

Pros

I love the ease of use and the responsive Favro team :)

Cons

No issues so far! This software is superior than the countless others I have tried before it.

Favro has predatory customer practices

Pros

The UI is acceptable. The general barrier of entry is low.

Cons

I had a horrible customer experience with Favro. I reduced the number of users for this month from 10 down to 2. The billing page had no clear way to degrade the plan to 2 users and I checked everywhere. The only potential button was for "cancel subscription" which would display the message "lose access to favro". Fearing I would lose all the boards, I didn't do this and assumed that the plan would...

Great tool to manage boards/cards/bugs over weekly sprints.

Easier management of sprints and greater insight into time to complete tasks. ie If cards are spanning multiple boards. The ability to have more granularity over the control of boards was a huge win over trello. That was the main reason for choosing this product over trello.

Pros

We switched from Trello to Favro because managing bugs/tasks across sprints became time consuming. Being able to easily see boards across multiple sprints was a huge win. Also, the fact that bugs are always visible is great as well.

Cons

My main wish is if there was a way to quickly identify clutter. For example, bugs that have not been touched for 6+ months are probably not bugs or have already been fixed. Maybe have a way to call attention to those cards for deletion. It would also be awesome if there was some sort of "smart" check to let the user know that a card being added may have already been added. It can waste quite a bit of time when you start looking into a bug that someone else has already fixed because it was added twice.

As simple or as complex and you need it to be for light project management. Like Trello on steroids.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set rules, easy to create and assign tasks. Once you set the rules and procedures adapted to your processes, it's very easy to use and to keep organized. I recommend spending some time setting up processes and rules: It'll make your project management bulletproof, even when multiple team members collaborate in one board. It's also very easy to switch from one board to the other and it's easy to differentiate your dashboards from one another. Integrations are amazing, you can connect with many other third-party software.

Cons

Centralized time tracking is not offered, making project accounting difficult. Multiple clients or projects might require different ways of working, so I recommend diving into the details of the platform to fully understand it and master it. It also does not provide Gantt chart or project completion graphs that are so useful. I recommend complementing this platform with other tools for these features. Integrations are very useful to compensate for these cons.

Honest Opinion

Getting all of my clients/projects orgenised as my calander and in control of my work and personal goals and tasks.

Pros

After Reviewing 10 most known Managing Apps - I have decided on Favro - it was a hard and long process which took me about a little over a month in which I have used all my "free trials" periods on all of them. Favro was the most suitable for my way of working - I can freely and quickly load my tasks for various projects as they come later I can deal with each of them and assigned each of them to team...

Cons

I wanted to share one of my clients (projects) with his dashboard and found out accidentaly he could olso see my own privet dashbord - i have immidiatly cancled the option - so far hadn't have the time to learn to overcome that problem - i guess it's my lack of experience of operating Favro.

Favro's main competitive advantage is the hierarchical listing of cards to help organize process.

Project management is challenging in startups. Things are moving fast and devoting the resources to tracking progress on reaching goals and organizing your team isn't easy. Favro helps us communicate as a team and track progress on our big goals. The customized collections and views enable our strategic team to look at the "big picture" while our developers can look at the day to day task list, but all our information is synced up.

Pros

The primary reason we went with Favro was the ability to hierarchically organize cards (like Asana) but also organize workflows like a Kanban tool. This fits our team approach the best. I also like that cards are the atomic unit of organization and that individual cards can show up in multiple boards, backlogs, and collections. In addition, the multiple and cutomizable collections is also helpful. But one of the best parts of Favro is their responsive and intelligent customer service reps who are able to answer questions quickly and effectively.

Cons

The UI is very text heavy and doesn't allow for incorporating custom iconography. Icons improve efficiency in working with SaaS tools and I see places that would help in Favro. The pricing tiers seem steep. Doubling the monthly rate for an increase from 5 to 10 users feels inappropriate.

A great, intuitive tool for tracking tasks and monitoring project process.

Good, collective high-level alignment for our project. More team involvement in the production process.

Pros

The intuitiveness and flexibility of Favro's boards makes it one of the easiest production tools to use for high-level planning and execution. The visual design also makes it more appealing to use for most creative-minded folks.

Cons

The same flexibility that is great in some situations works against Favro in other situations. Templatizing for work flows and bug tracking is not as easy to do in Favro currently. It is very pricey, especially if you would like to try it out for personal use.

Welcoming software screaming to get hands-on

The software can be used across departments connecting people and departments in a collaborative platform. And it is very friendly to share the project progress during meetings.

Pros

Favro is friendly, super flexible and yet powerful when going skin deep. The system is built around super-customizable tasks called CARDS. CARDS can be connected to each other, or arranged hierarchically. CARDS can contain checklists like a list of subtasks, a list of languages to translate, whatever. The CARDS can be grouped in BACKLOGS which are containers that will do for AGILE working styles but...

Cons

The obvious con of so much flexibility is that at first it is not clear what will be the best way to use it, and some users may even feel lost. Actually it could be easy to make a few bad choices in the start and find yourself with a hard to maintain collection of boards and backlogs. Also the flexible categorization can make searching for existing tasks (CARDS) a dark science scrolling through a long list in which you have to hope you found all the relevant CARDS, the alternative being to go to the full featured reporting system. Being a new contender in the category at the moment it lacks the expansive list of integrations that some of their competitors have, yet the frequent updates denote they will catch up quickly.

It's a great start - but hope they start adding more features soon...

It has been good overall - I think they just need to making updates and improvements more often.

Pros

I like how it flows and how cards can be in multiple areas. I like how the cards can be built out and be pretty custom. While we haven't been able to get them 100% for our needs - we've been able to get close. I also like how you can see a full history of everything that has happened. The workflow rules are nice (these seem pretty basic though - would love more options for these).

Cons

I'll be honest, I don't know the history of Favro or how long it has been around. We've been using it for around 4-5 months and it is replacing some of the other tools we were using. But the impression I am getting from it is that it is still in a beta phase. The main bones are there but it could really use additional features, or improvements made to the ones there. I haven't seen a single update...

Favro has been great - we migrated from Trello, and it has been overall pretty seamless.

Overall - this has been a great productivity software. We have very much enjoyed the ability to have cards live in multiple locations, so that people in different departments can all make updates to the same card.

Pros

The ability to have cards live in multiple locations is the #1 reason we switched from Trello to Favro. The Marketing and Product teams have separate boards, but, often work together on tasks. It is great to have a single card or group of cards live in multiple locations, so that when anyone makes an update to the card, it is updated for everyone.

Cons

Management of cards and boards isn't as easy as I'd like it to be. Every week, we make a new board for tasks that we want to accomplish that week, and we move the cards between columns as we make progress on them. When we complete the task, we move the card all the way over to a 'Done' column that we create. The columns are the same every week, and each week we need to manually create a new board...

My favorite tool!

Favro is really my favorite when it comes to this type of tool. In fact, I use it both in my professional and private life, and have done so since 2016! I’ve looked at other tools, but haven't found anything better. My main collections are (as the workspace is called in Favro - where you plan and overview your work): - Personal Kanban - A collection with rolling weekly planning for all my work activities. - Famban (Family Kanban) - A collection with rolling three weeks planning for all family related activities. - Lean Coffee - A collection used to run lean coffee meetings with remote team members. - Various collections for my different hobbies.

Pros

- The ease of setting everything up just as you want it, within minutes. - Strongest tool I’ve seen when it comes to visualization! Collections, columns, boards (“swim lanes”) and cards come together naturally, and it looks pretty too! - With the app on my phone I can reach all my collections at any time, if I have a thought and want to add a new card for example.

Cons

- Not really, everything I need is there. The app for the phone works, but it could be improved with a zoom in/out functionality (to get both overview and details).

I've been looking for a tool to replace Trello for a while. Favro is Trello on steroids.

Pros

The ability to turn features on and off. For example swim lanes are huge. Another example is the Slack integration. The core functionality is there, but I can also add additional pieces per project as needed. I also love the fact that if you can use Trello. Favro feels like its older, stronger, smarter brother. After a while, some of my client Trello boards turned into 30 column monstrosities. Favro...

Cons

I wish the card templates were dynamic. In other words, I create a template, and after updating the card template it updates all the other templates moving forward.

Trello built for real work.

Pros

It's ease of use. It's a better version than a whiteboard and post its (and I don't say that lightly!). It gives our team the same flexibility to structure and re-structure how we organize our work for our current needs as a white board would, but with all the added benefits that delightful software brings. A+!

Cons

I don't have that many annoyances. At the top of the list would proper two-way sync with JIRA, simply because of all the workflows associated with JIRA are awesome for so many things, except of doing actual work. I would absolutely love if I could get a synced backlog from JIRA, but keep the process of doing work and resolving tickets via Favro. That would honstely be my killer app because someone...

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer support.

More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros

Easy to understand and use. More project structure than in Trello. Report abilities More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system). Clone function. Distinction between backlog and board Templates for boards and collections Copy function

Cons

Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review. User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving. Customer fields is a welcome feature. Several templates per board or backlog are not possible. Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with...

Intuitive and great for tracking individual tasks

It’s a great tool that is easy for an individual contributor to understand and use for tasks . I hear from the side of project managers that it is a little hard to configure sometimes to keep track of all the nuances of projects and tasks.

Pros

I like the visual format of the software, and the clearly marked columns showing the status of the task(in progress, in review, approved, done, etc). It keeps my managers aware of the status of each of my tasks, and I can choose who to notify. I also like that it notifies people I tag in the comments.

Cons

As a graphic artist who attaches several images to tasks, the time it takes to load an image on screen for viewing is very slow. I did not encounter this on Trello, so surprising. It needs to be much snappier.

Very Reasonable and Useful Project Management Software

Pros

I work with a team of people at the HR department. Although we handle different tasks and projects, there are some projects that we collaborate together. It’s important to find an app that has everything centralized in one system. This is where Favro comes to the picture. I was very happy to find this application which has very cheap monthly fees. I don’t even know where to start with the features, but this software allows you to brainstorm, track and plan ahead. You can use it on your phone and computer. The interface looks so cool and you can print out the reports of your projects.

Cons

It looks like a relatively new software that seems to be dynamic, but not all features can be used to its full potential. Better to not have many features but excel in what it can offer.

Better than trello, less complexed than jira, but can be improved,

- Gives more clarity to team and org - Providing separation of backlog and sprint goals increase the productivity

Pros

- Two separate section really make the backlog and current sprint stories easy to maintain - Separation also gives the clarity to the team, hence increase the team velocity - Defining a template for each card is a pretty cool feature. - Having integration with 3rd party softwares like slack, mail really makes easy to track stories

Cons

- Changing the estimation measure at one place changes at every place - I dont like the new UI, lot of light colors, decreasing the contrast, can't differentiate between different cards easily - There should be an easy option to get the address of the card, instead of clicking on the card and then copying the card link - If u write something and accidentally u refresh page those changes are discarded automatically this should not be the case it can be improved

A Sophisticated Virtual Project Management Software

My score for Favro is 9.5/10, but they don't deserve to have it rounded down to 9. 10 it is.

Pros

I was searching for an app to manage my projects and was thrilled to have stumbled upon this program called Favro. Favro has so much to offer when it comes to working as a team. We can visualize our projects while discussing virtually and writing it down on the virtual whiteboard. You can create a board and add frames. I am a visual person when it comes to learning and Favro captured my attention. The program keeps me focuses and excited about our projects. The program allows you to do video conferencing calls and chats. Favro is a sophisticated software for project management.

Cons

I don’t have any problems with the software because it has really helped me with my projects and tasks. The price is also very reasonable and affordable. Only thing I'd suggest Favro improve is to how fast their team replies to tickets.

Organized, functional, keeps team on task, provides transparency about WIP

My team knows exactly what to work on, and stakeholder know all the projects that are currently WIP, or on deck.

Pros

1. Having a customizable backlog in addition to Kanban boards for team members. 2. The estimation field helps us follow scrum/agile process. 3. The ability to tag members, setup workflow rules, card limits, and manage a checklist of tasks to complete that card. 4. Private To Do list

Cons

1. Would like a "Go To" link to be able to open the card in it's location (whether in a different collection, backlog or board). 2. A way to sort my backlog ( rearrange order by card title, board location, dates, estimation, tags, members, etc.) 3. Double-click to open attachments instead of downloading. 4. The option to add a card from a backlog to a specific columns on a Kanban board (Doing, Done,...

EXCELLENT, but a few minor functionalities missing

We've recently made the transition from Trello to Favro, and on the whole we're very happy with the quality of the software and the service provided. The only constructive criticism i have is: - having to download linked files to preview them, in trello you could view files linked to cards in browser without having to download them first. This is an essential functionality that favro is sorely lacking! -...

Pros

Great UI and UX design, very useful for keeping track of big projects with lots of moving parts

Cons

no linked file preview on cards, confusing to navigate large collections

The best tool out there to manage a development organization

Excellent visibility, a great way to motivate the team and keep them focused on the most relevant stories on a sprint. Overall a very elegant solution for managing software organizations.

Pros

Favro is very easy to use and they continuously deliver new functionality that makes a lot of sense. It's almost like they read my mind. I've tried other similar solutions in the market and nobody adapts so nicely to an agile/scrum development process. I can keep track of multiple developments, testing and implementation teams in the same tool.

Cons

Since Favro is really a "first of breed" product, some desirable functionality is just not there just yet. However, they're way further ahead than any other similar solution and they deliver new functionality very often. I do not like the fact that some of the key features are in the top version/pay plan. I do try to get the best out of what I actually have in my version.

Overall great for managing our project - a bit lacking in search

It helps our team manage what features we're working on and what we would like to build in the future.

Pros

We use Favro to manage one product with a small team, having made the switch from Trello when that product couldn't handle our card volume. It's good as organizational software goes. It's nice that you can link cards together. The ability to have multiple boards and backlogs within the space, and to categorize cards within a backlog, are major selling points over Trello.

Cons

It's very difficult to find cards. In Trello you can just do a search and it'll find you cards that have your search terms anywhere. In Favro you have to do an advanced search and look for your search team in individual fields (title, description, etc). This has definitely led to some resentment within our team because it's difficult to track things down.