Favro Reviews

4.37/5 (357 reviews)

Ivan Sanchez

Welcoming software screaming to get hands-on

Reviewed 2018-05-21

The software can be used across departments connecting people and departments in a collaborative platform. And it is very friendly to share the project progress during meetings.Favro is friendly, super flexible and yet powerful when going skin deep. The system is built around super-customizable tasks called CARDS. CARDS can be connected to each other, or arranged hierarchically. CARDS can contain checklists like a list of subtasks, a list of languages to translate, whatever. The CARDS can be grouped in BACKLOGS which are containers that will do for AGILE working styles but also for more traditional project management. They are not a Gantt chart yet I am pleased that I can have a list reflecting when the tasks (CARDS) have to happen, by whom, and grouped under project stages (for which I create a CARD one level up). The approach is completed with BOARDS, a very Agile approach in which CARDS are placed in columns. Favro beats its competitors in that you can build as many columns as required with whatever labels. In example To-Do/Doing/Completed, or In analysis/Approved/In progress/Under testing/Ready/Closed, you choose. Favro strength is its flexibility, making it suitable for Marketing, a software development team, a Manufacturing company, Sales department, you name it. You can fit in any project. To round off a CARD can live in more than one BACKLOG and one BOARD. This allows to make very powerful views on the tasks, like concurrently in a Dev team BOARD (To-Do/Doing/Completed) as the manager BOARD (Goals Q1/Goals Q2/Goals Q3) and yet still be one single task (CARD) maintained by all these roles. A BOARD can have more than one LANE i.e. for the

Anonymous

It's a great start - but hope they start adding more features soon...

Reviewed 2018-10-12

It has been good overall - I think they just need to making updates and improvements more often.I like how it flows and how cards can be in multiple areas. I like how the cards can be built out and be pretty custom. While we haven't been able to get them 100% for our needs - we've been able to get close. I also like how you can see a full history of everything that has happened. The workflow rules are nice (these seem pretty basic though - would love more options for these).

Taylor Patterson

Favro has been great - we migrated from Trello, and it has been overall pretty seamless.

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Overall - this has been a great productivity software. We have very much enjoyed the ability to have cards live in multiple locations, so that people in different departments can all make updates to the same card.The ability to have cards live in multiple locations is the #1 reason we switched from Trello to Favro. The Marketing and Product teams have separate boards, but, often work together on tasks. It is great to have a single card or group of cards live in multiple locations, so that when anyone makes an update to the card, it is updated for everyone.

Liran Baron

I've been looking for a tool to replace Trello for a while. Favro is Trello on steroids.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

The ability to turn features on and off. For example swim lanes are huge. Another example is the Slack integration. The core functionality is there, but I can also add additional pieces per project as needed. I also love the fact that if you can use Trello. Favro feels like its older, stronger, smarter brother. After a while, some of my client Trello boards turned into 30 column monstrosities. Favro allows me to turn those into clean organized boards. LOVE swim lanes. Swim lanes are a Kanban staple and allow me to easily organize my boards vertically and horizontally. Also love the Backlog elements. Helps keep things organized and contained. Clients and most people in general get overwhelmed with too much information. Favro allows me to strip away the noise for my clients so they know exactly where to look and what they need to do. For example, I can hide the backlogs, I can minimize the boards I don't care about. Less noise = more focus.

Fredrik Wärnsberg

Trello built for real work.

Reviewed 2017-11-28

It's ease of use. It's a better version than a whiteboard and post its (and I don't say that lightly!). It gives our team the same flexibility to structure and re-structure how we organize our work for our current needs as a white board would, but with all the added benefits that delightful software brings. A+!

Chris Glace

Great tool to manage boards/cards/bugs over weekly sprints.

Reviewed 2017-12-04

Easier management of sprints and greater insight into time to complete tasks. ie If cards are spanning multiple boards. The ability to have more granularity over the control of boards was a huge win over trello. That was the main reason for choosing this product over trello.We switched from Trello to Favro because managing bugs/tasks across sprints became time consuming. Being able to easily see boards across multiple sprints was a huge win. Also, the fact that bugs are always visible is great as well.

Esther Partschefeld

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer support.

Reviewed 2017-09-20

More structure and a better overview for our project.Easy to understand and use. More project structure than in Trello. Report abilities More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system). Clone function. Distinction between backlog and board Templates for boards and collections Copy function

Arturo Rivero

As simple or as complex and you need it to be for light project management. Like Trello on steroids.

Reviewed 2018-05-17

Easy to use, easy to set rules, easy to create and assign tasks. Once you set the rules and procedures adapted to your processes, it's very easy to use and to keep organized. I recommend spending some time setting up processes and rules: It'll make your project management bulletproof, even when multiple team members collaborate in one board. It's also very easy to switch from one board to the other and it's easy to differentiate your dashboards from one another. Integrations are amazing, you can connect with many other third-party software.

Shun Endo

Intuitive and great for tracking individual tasks

Reviewed 2018-10-16

It’s a great tool that is easy for an individual contributor to understand and use for tasks . I hear from the side of project managers that it is a little hard to configure sometimes to keep track of all the nuances of projects and tasks.I like the visual format of the software, and the clearly marked columns showing the status of the task(in progress, in review, approved, done, etc). It keeps my managers aware of the status of each of my tasks, and I can choose who to notify. I also like that it notifies people I tag in the comments.

Very Reasonable and Useful Project Management Software

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I work with a team of people at the HR department. Although we handle different tasks and projects, there are some projects that we collaborate together. It’s important to find an app that has everything centralized in one system. This is where Favro comes to the picture. I was very happy to find this application which has very cheap monthly fees. I don’t even know where to start with the features, but this software allows you to brainstorm, track and plan ahead. You can use it on your phone and computer. The interface looks so cool and you can print out the reports of your projects.

Grunbaum Gil

Honest Opinion

Reviewed 2018-10-14

Getting all of my clients/projects orgenised as my calander and in control of my work and personal goals and tasks.After Reviewing 10 most known Managing Apps - I have decided on Favro - it was a hard and long process which took me about a little over a month in which I have used all my "free trials" periods on all of them. Favro was the most suitable for my way of working - I can freely and quickly load my tasks for various projects as they come later I can deal with each of them and assigned each of them to team members and keep track of my progress - it's visually very appealing and enables me to distinct right away where I am standing. I have checked 10 Apps - were left with two which Afro was one of the two. The mobile follow up is wonderfull too i can be in a meeting and look at my check list of that meeting and have no need of printouts of my meeting notes and use it to update my meeting notes as the meeting goes along.

Anonymous

Better than trello, less complexed than jira, but can be improved,

Reviewed 2018-05-17

- Gives more clarity to team and org - Providing separation of backlog and sprint goals increase the productivity - Two separate section really make the backlog and current sprint stories easy to maintain - Separation also gives the clarity to the team, hence increase the team velocity - Defining a template for each card is a pretty cool feature. - Having integration with 3rd party softwares like slack, mail really makes easy to track stories

A Sophisticated Virtual Project Management Software

Reviewed 2018-10-24

My score for Favro is 9.5/10, but they don't deserve to have it rounded down to 9. 10 it is.I was searching for an app to manage my projects and was thrilled to have stumbled upon this program called Favro. Favro has so much to offer when it comes to working as a team. We can visualize our projects while discussing virtually and writing it down on the virtual whiteboard. You can create a board and add frames. I am a visual person when it comes to learning and Favro captured my attention. The program keeps me focuses and excited about our projects. The program allows you to do video conferencing calls and chats. Favro is a sophisticated software for project management.

Susan Bushaw

Organized, functional, keeps team on task, provides transparency about WIP

Reviewed 2018-03-22

My team knows exactly what to work on, and stakeholder know all the projects that are currently WIP, or on deck.1. Having a customizable backlog in addition to Kanban boards for team members. 2. The estimation field helps us follow scrum/agile process. 3. The ability to tag members, setup workflow rules, card limits, and manage a checklist of tasks to complete that card. 4. Private To Do list

Damiaan Melis

EXCELLENT, but a few minor functionalities missing

Reviewed 2016-10-28

We've recently made the transition from Trello to Favro, and on the whole we're very happy with the quality of the software and the service provided. The only constructive criticism i have is: - having to download linked files to preview them, in trello you could view files linked to cards in browser without having to download them first. This is an essential functionality that favro is sorely lacking! - when you have multiple long collections of different long lists, it can become quite complicated to navigate around the collections, maybe an expanded set of shortcuts allowing you to jump from collection to collection and card to card could be quite useful in terms of the user experience. At the moment it can be quite tricky to find specific cards in big collections. Cheers, Damiaan Great UI and UX design, very useful for keeping track of big projects with lots of moving parts

Guillermo Eguiluz Mejia

The best tool out there to manage a development organization

Reviewed 2017-09-29

Excellent visibility, a great way to motivate the team and keep them focused on the most relevant stories on a sprint. Overall a very elegant solution for managing software organizations.Favro is very easy to use and they continuously deliver new functionality that makes a lot of sense. It's almost like they read my mind. I've tried other similar solutions in the market and nobody adapts so nicely to an agile/scrum development process. I can keep track of multiple developments, testing and implementation teams in the same tool.

Travis Anna Harvey

Favro's main competitive advantage is the hierarchical listing of cards to help organize process.

Reviewed 2018-05-25

Project management is challenging in startups. Things are moving fast and devoting the resources to tracking progress on reaching goals and organizing your team isn't easy. Favro helps us communicate as a team and track progress on our big goals. The customized collections and views enable our strategic team to look at the "big picture" while our developers can look at the day to day task list, but all our information is synced up. The primary reason we went with Favro was the ability to hierarchically organize cards (like Asana) but also organize workflows like a Kanban tool. This fits our team approach the best. I also like that cards are the atomic unit of organization and that individual cards can show up in multiple boards, backlogs, and collections. In addition, the multiple and cutomizable collections is also helpful. But one of the best parts of Favro is their responsive and intelligent customer service reps who are able to answer questions quickly and effectively.

Colleen Mirabello

Overall great for managing our project - a bit lacking in search

Reviewed 2018-05-17

It helps our team manage what features we're working on and what we would like to build in the future.We use Favro to manage one product with a small team, having made the switch from Trello when that product couldn't handle our card volume. It's good as organizational software goes. It's nice that you can link cards together. The ability to have multiple boards and backlogs within the space, and to categorize cards within a backlog, are major selling points over Trello.

Jonathan O'Reilly

Great software! Highly recommendable for any business!

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Our overall experience is very positive. We are extremely satisfied with the system, as we use it to both manage our day-to-day tasks and our various projects - both client projects and internal projects. We use a mix of agile and waterfall methodology when planning and managing our projects and the possibility to create a project plan (tree view) and have a corresponding board next it, is one of our favorite features! The flexibility of being able to set up multiple collections with boards and lists (even project plans). It makes a mix of conventional project management methods (waterfall) and agile methodology work in one software. Furthermore the reports which can be created out of the software bring even more value to managing the business with Favro.

Zackary Templeton

Multifunctional software for each company

Reviewed 2018-05-05

We were searching for team-collaboration software when we found Favro, and now this system fulfills not only communication duties in our company but also allows us to manage all our projects using both of methodologies(Kanban/Scrum) which exist here not just as a simple addition to the collaboration program but as a full well-realized project-management tool. Prices are also reasonable and suitable as for simple single user the same as for enterprises.

Andrew Hall

We needed to manage the workflow of multiple teams working on a single project.

Reviewed 2018-06-04

Managing the progress of multiple teams working on the same project.It gave a quick and easy way to create and mange the tasks of different teams, while at the same time being able to have teams collaborate and understand what all the other teams are working. The integration of the other software into Favro was also a benefit since we were already using some of them, and they seamlessly worked into the Favro backend.

Andrei Kapeikin

Almost perfect project management platform

Reviewed 2018-11-05

I have been using Favro for 3 years. What I like most is that the workflow is configured quickly. It's hard to say at once what functions might be useful in the future, so Favro gives you the opportunity to add new functions to an already running workflow.

Karel Skopek

Very powerful tool bringing the best from Trello and adding exactly what I was missing.

Reviewed 2018-03-26

We can look at our work in any scale we want and keep everything connected. It is possible to both comprehensively present high-level roadmap to the stakeholders and keeps the tiny tasks for the development team in the same app. This is huge in terms of sustainability and maintenance of our work. The tool is incredibly flexible and I'm still trying to get the best from it.

Great enhancement to Trello-style Kanban with some unpolished edges

Reviewed 2018-10-13

It's a positive experience and so far I've used it for two projects I manage (invited 20+ co-workers to join). I hope the integration with other tools especially JIRA are even more thorough (it's functional right now, but not to a point I can just rely on that without manual touches)Features. Features. Features. It's fully packed with features I dreamed of in Trello and now all available and even better. The visual style is appealing and the product itself is solid

Julia Hallin

Intuitive and powerful tool for team and cross team collaboration

Reviewed 2017-09-25

Better team collaboration and less admin time. Favro is fast, intuitive and easy to use which means the team is actually using it! Other project management solutions I've used have ended up taking too much admin time. Favro also gives a really great overview when collaborating across teams and the filtering and search functionalities are working great, making sure you always see the cards that you are interested in.