Mavenlink Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Mavenlink?

Pros

Easy to use, good loading times, simple but effective design, great reporting capabilities.

FC

Flaviu C.

I really love the ease of tracking time and the multiple options you have as a user of the system. The system is intuitive and there are great resources for reporting.

PN

Priya N.

Our team is so happy to have made the switch to Mavenlink. The sales and support team have been outstanding.

Cons

Really bad UI and it's difficult to use correctly. You should consider a modular set up where there are core functionalities that are streamlined for the need.

HH

Harvey H.

Many ways to do similar things and often so many features you’re unaware of. I find it is intimidating for new users and not as intuitive as other products.

EP

Evan P.

Mavenlink review

Transcript

Mustafa C.: Hi, I'm Mustafa. And I work in the Information Technology industry for a SAS company, and...

Good Project mgmt tool linking to NetSuite but lack of customizations to cater to business needs

Pros

Be able to link to NetSuite record with integrations and view utilization and project budget vs. actual.

Cons

Lack of some task tracking features like assignee commit date with taskes. Task role on time entries does not display on list view and task columns are hard to adjust for different usage of different team member.

Flexible platform, engaged support team, always getting better.

The client success and technical support teams have been exemplary to work with. They truly work to understand your use case for the product and offer solutions, and even involve us in conversations with the product teams to share our perspective on new feature sets.

Pros

It's clear that the platform is designed to fit many different styles of work, and much of it is highly configurable to your preferences. With the integrated APIs to Salesforce and Active Directory, among others, it's worked well to seamlessly stay in sync with the rest of our systems.

Cons

The Insights reporting platform is very powerful, but complex to learn how to implement custom configurations. You'll do well here if you have experience querying relational databases like SQL, but otherwise you will depend heavily on assistance from the support team and documentation to make adjustments to the custom reports.

Good time management SaaS solution

Pros

- Mavenlink allows us to bill times to projects and individual tasks. - Can see time spent against the project budget

Cons

- The task assignment and updating via Outlook is clunky, and it feels like it could do with some refinement.

On the right path

I am able to know project status, watch hours, and keep people on task with Mavenlink. It's been very helpful to eliminate all the check-ins I had to do, asking people what their status is; now I can just look.

Pros

Mavenlink has saved us a TON of time that we were using communicating and threading multiple products together. It gives one single source or truth for project planning and management and has eliminated many meetings and replaced multiple softwares.

Cons

Every task takes a LOT of clicks. I have very basic needs and it takes a lot of clicking to get the PM info that I need just to monitor my projects. It's there but, I'm always about 7 clicks away from it. Also, the scheduling of tasks is very labor-intensive. It's so complicated that only 3 of us are trained on it and I am glad to not be one of them.

Mavenlink is very good.

The only things I would need Mavenlink to add is as follows: -Have some sort of instant messaging service between members on a project. -Allow us to private more than one person when sending messages using m.mavenlink.com. -Have a real app that we can download from PlayStore/ Windows App Store or any other app store so we can use the full functionality of Mavenlink through the app -Also in the future, we could have some sort of video conferencing ability for persons on a project to have virtual meetings. That would be a dream!

Pros

It allows my colleagues in different countries to be kept up to date on different aspects of the various projects.

Cons

No instant messaging. App needs to available on Windows store/Playstore/other popular app stores so we can use Mavenlink on our smartphones.

Robust Project Management

Mavenlink would be an outstanding solution for anyone in need of organizational assistance. It's flexible enough to meet unique requirements, yet robust in ways that allow for in-depth project management.

Pros

• Campaign-based invitations allowing only relevant team members access to specific projects • Details, Checklists, Notes, Proofs, etc. for each individual task • Post (and pin) overviews, descriptions, files, and comments to the Activity Feed to keep all team members informed • Task-related Time-tracking, Budgeting, and Resource Planning for all types of team members • Proofs section for collaborative reviews

Cons

• Beginners may be overwhelmed with so many options and use-cases. However, the organization of tools and the vast availability of features and documentation help the user establish their own workflow that fits their unique individual needs.

Program Manager Review

It has been positive and has definitely streamlined a lot of my work on a day to day basis as a PM

Pros

The invoicing and billing functionality is great as well as allowing resources to be forecasted and allocated to multiple projects

Cons

It is a bit clunky to use at first as there is a lot of functionality within it

Achieve the 30,000 ft. view!

Pros

Our team loves the amount of perspectives Mavenlink affords us when we need to gauge our incoming work and available resource capacities. The easy to operate Task Lists give our Creatives clear information when it comes time every morning to quickly get to work and know what is important and what can wait. The drag-and-drop gantt charts make scheduling and adjusting projects quick work for our Production team.

Cons

Given how powerful the suite is, it might come across at first to the unseasoned Creative as slightly overwhelming. Though, this feeling is quickly surpassed by empowerment once they understand how intuitive the UI/UX is.

Continuously Improving

I am new to using the software, however so far it has been intuitive and beneficial for our company. The best thing about Mavenlink is their commitment to continuously improve and ask for feedback.

Pros

The software helps our team communicate effectively throughout projects. We are able to capture the specific time used by each employee. Collaboration is easy and the templates allow us to save time.

Cons

When cost of per hour work differs with multiple employees work on a specific project, there is a discrepancy causing the budget to not align. Comments can get buried within projects unless the specific staff member is tagged each time.

Mavenlink helps us get project info to the people who need it.

When my team began a search for a new project management and resource management tool we were replacing a file based process, which meant that project information was all over the place. Since we've implemented Mavenlink we've enjoyed a HUGE improvement in team members and senior managers knowing exactly where to find the status of a project, what tasks people are working on, how the budget is burning, etc., all in real time.

Pros

Staff Resourcing - Mavenlink is the only product we found that realizes how important resource planning is to a service company. With Master Planning and scheduled hrs we have added visibility and granularity into our resourcing plans that wasn't possible with our old MS Project based process. Mavenlink is also focused on improving this area even more in 2016, which I am very excited about. Project...

Cons

We would really benefit from the addition of a view only user role for senior management, so we didn't need to manually add them to all projects. I would also really value some more search filter options on many pages and including search parameters into the URL so a specific search can be shared.

Mavenlink experience

Pros

In one place I have tasks, wall to talk with the team and project gantt.

Cons

Have to pay by collaborators. The price is very high.

Learning Curve, Overall Very Efficient

Pros

Our company switched to using Mavenlink over a year ago before a company merge and rebrand. The Mavenlink team worked very closely with Operations to incorporate new processes as we evolved into a new company. Previously, our company used another program to track project progress and time sheets. Mavenlink offered more features, visuals, and overall better experience.

Cons

Although Mavenlink does offer more features for users, there is definitely a learning curve to using it. It did take some time to find places to input hours or track projects and our company still works closely with the Mavenlink team to discover new functionality and learning how to effectively use the software. However, overall would definitely recommend this for any Marketing agency.

Top-tier team collaboration tool

Pros

Since I was hired a little more than a year ago, Mavenlink has been an integral part of how my team and I work on projects. Mavenlink's built-in modules have made it easy for team members to leave feedback on project deliverables. The platform also provides an archive of project deliverables, making it easy for team members to upload and download any given aspect of a job, from images to text documents. Mavenlink's task tracker also helps team members prioritize and stay on schedule. I would highly recommend Mavenlink for any digital marketing group.

Cons

Trying to find something I dislike about Mavenlink is actually sort of a challenge. Email notifications can get to be a little much, but those can be adjusted in users' profile settings.

OK for the basics, advanced functionality is either missing or not well implemented

Implementation was not very well executed. We basically had to figure it out on our own. THe "integrations" through thier integration tool are very poorly built and the tool is terrible. It gets the basics right but more advanced features like the Insights reporting add on are poorly executed.

Pros

Ease of use, Reporting, Project Financials

Cons

M Bridge integration platform is a complete failure. Its terrible. Training during implementation was not good. We've learned more on our own in a few classes. Time entry is weak and poorly designed. Lacks subprojects. User permissions are all or nothing in most cases.

I can now put my data to work for me

When I started my new job as Project Director at Primitive Spark, we had a variety of systems for managing our clients and operations, but most were not connected. After researching a ton of project management tools, we found Mavenlink to be as robust as we needed it to be without being overwhelming. The quick snapshots of the Analytics reports let you know if you're on track while the trends that are pulled from the Insights are very powerful to help us manage and course correct our estimate, resourcing and burn rate. Onboarding was easy and I always felt I had the support needed. So happy to have a single tool to help me do my job successfully.

Pros

Resourcing, Scheduling for projections, the ability to compare actuals vs. scheduled/estimates, timetracking with a timer/timesheet or in the weekly timesheet tool - flexibility to do it however works best for you. Easy onboarding of team...

Cons

The Gantt chart is slow to load when you have a large project plan, there is no in tool estimate feature really that is comprehensive, there are workarounds, but would love to see that added.

Mavenlink will save you tons of time and money!

Mavenlink is pretty awesome! Though it can seem a bit pricey, the tool itself covers a wide array of what our company needs on a daily basis: from project management to billing integration with our Quickbooks. When it comes customer service, you can get ahold of chat service within seconds any day or time of the week.

Pros

Project Management Milestone Management Task Management Resource Management Invoicing Planning App integration

Cons

Mobile app still needs work Pricey, but not that much in the grand scheme of things. Needs better scheduling views such as calendar or kanban style options

Our entire business is built around Mavenlink

Pros

Mavenlink strikes the perfect balance between robustness and ease of use. Project management is absolutely essential to our business so it's important that we're given the tools necessary to effectively manage projects. However, vast tool sets typically come tethered with the disadvantage of cumbersome and/or difficult functionality. Mavenlink has navigated this issue masterfully and provides a tool...

Cons

I would love to see recurring project management integrated with the tool, both from an invoicing standpoint and a task management standpoint. I believe this is on the horizon but hasn't rolled out yet.

Good time tracking software

First time using time-tracking software. Time tracking is easy enough. I haven't used much of the management features to give a review of that. It seems fine, but a little rougher in some spots for us.

Pros

I like that it's online and accessible anywhere. Also like that the timer remembers where you are at even when the browser/computer is restarted.

Cons

I think it would be better or nice to have a different method of time tracking where the start time is an actual time of the day and then you (and managers) can what you did at what time specifically instead of just knowing "I spent 4 hours doing X sometime today, but don't know when". The timer can be a bit cumbersome. Whenever you're finished, you have to manually search for the project/task to...

Reliable project management at a fair price

We are able to manage multiple projects among many people and stay on track. Our clients appreciate the accurate status reports we can provide using Mavenlink.

Pros

We rely heavily on the software's built-in time management features to keep projects within budget. I also appreciate their responsiveness when we have a problem.

Cons

The billing process could be improved to mesh even more smoothly with Quickbooks.

Perfect for a growing business

Mavenlink is a wonderful software to use if you are looking for an easy-to-use project management tool.

Pros

Mavenlink is easy to use and fairly intuitive. We've had no problems with the software and they are making monthly updates to add new and useful features based on customer feedback. Project tracking is the primary reason we use Mavenlink and our workflow has never been better. I really don't know how we managed without Mavenlink before.

Cons

The main issue we are having with this software currently is when it comes to deadlines changing. At this time you can update the project deadline but non of the project related tasks will readjust to the updated deadline.

A Great Project Management Software

Pros

-good training resources and support -great beginning to end project management -flexible -ability to select settings and setup in a way to optimize your business -analytics / canned reports are a great way to understand the business -connects with many other software allowing data flow back and forth

Cons

-custom reporting is complicated. Highly recommend the Mavenlink Business Intelligence solutions training for a good understanding of custom reporting capabilities.

Suvoda Review of Mavenlink

It is great for project management and time tracking. We are still reviewing resource management to use that moving forward.

Pros

Being able to track time and allows you to hold project management of all your projects in one location.

Cons

The connections between the different levels: User, Project, and Tasks. When it comes to reporting, it would be a lot easier if these were all joined. Right now, we need to pull data out of Mavenlink and manipulate it in excel to see the metrics.

Great product - highly recommended

I've been using Mavenlink for over 2 years now and I've loved it from the beginning. Compared to other systems I've used, Mavenlink has been the easiest to use both as a PM as well as a contributor.

Pros

- The UI is fantastic and very intuitive - Collaborating at the project level has been helpful and productive - Having all key project information in one place is a huge plus - Timesheet management is so much more easier - Invoicing is easy now! - Assigning tasks and being able to see what's assigned to you is effective and efficient

Cons

The only Con I can think of is the inability to have the status of a project or the task drive accessibility. In other words, if a task is marked as complete (status), then resources wouldn't see it in their timesheet. The workaround of just removing the resources once a task or project is complete is a bit time consuming.

Works for what we need

Overall I'm comfortable with the software although I don't think its good for everything.

Pros

Good wide-ranging visibility on things across the agency. Very customizable.

Cons

A lot of complexities that get lost or are irrelevant to what we use it for. Other teams using the software have issues with reporting. There's plenty of features that are better suited for other disciplines or not used at all. The data syncing and lag is something we work around but not ideal

Kaitlyn's review

pretty good

Pros

easy to use, nice user experience, easy to learn

Cons

load time for data, sometimes find little bugs in software