Workfront Reviews

4.25/5 (669 reviews)

Andrew K

Sys Admin User

Reviewed 2018-11-07

We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business. -The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.

Cherith Furagganan

WorkFront: Revolutionizing Our Workplace

Reviewed 2018-10-19
Review Source: Software Advice

WorkFront is way to important in our lives, especially if we are dealing with complicated tasks that needed everyone's help. Even though our supervisors or our associates are out in the office, it is easier for them to join the platform because of updated mobile version of the software. Overall, this software helps us do our jobs in a shortest time possible minimizing effort and maximizing results. Using this software is easier for our teams in the workplace to collaborate on projects because everything is already in a systematic order. Everyone, from our clients to our team players have the access to the projects that needed to be pondered on real time. With this, our employees tend to be efficient and effective in their assignments since the platform is easy to manage and user friendly. It helps us achieve our goals and do our tasks within the expected timelines. With it being user friendly, even our non techie associates were able to learn how to use it a short period of time. Being a company that was included in the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 says it all about this innovative product. For work management and solutions, get WorkFront now!

Jonathan Hobbs

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons. 1) I find it very intuitive for users to use 2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users 3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself 4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across 5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings 6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users 7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool 8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project. We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Anonymous

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Reviewed 2015-10-22

Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform. Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand. Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap). There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and it’s quite easy to get used to the habit. The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals... Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability. Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well. Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Christopher Miksch

Workfront Great for 'Doers' to monitor their KPI's

Reviewed 2018-12-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Great product!This software works great to track your KPI's and to update and monitor your progress on any assignments that are assigned to your and projects you are working on. For simple to-dos and assignments and tasks, etc. it's really effective with a pick list of choices to choose from to update the status, upload files, log hours work, comment, etc. and inform business stakeholders requesting on the progress of a given workfront request. For more thorough projects, it is very detailed and shows the workflow broken down if you know how to set expectations with Project Management tools following the process of PMI (Project Management Institute) or that of the project management profession itself and along the lines of the PMP; such as float and slack time, dependencies on tasks for deliverable's, critical paths, etc. Honestly it's a great tool and I highly recommend it. I use it daily and as long as you take the time to learn and use the tool lit'll help your organization and employees to better manage their workloads in Workfront. For me, it helps track my KPI's and deliverables for various stakeholders and business leaders.

Anonymous

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

Reviewed 2018-08-07

I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Workfront Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

We have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters. What I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.

Kristen Cook

Robust and Flexible But Missing a Few Critical Things

Reviewed 2015-09-03
Review Source: Software Advice

It is very configurable and encompasses the best of both worlds: the traditional project management structure (the project has a life of its own and contains many different kinds of objects), along with lighter object-oriented workflow (comments and approvals associated with specific documents). My product team is very responsive and I've had really great experiences with the remote consultants and help desk. Service is really excellent.

Vic Alejandro

Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.

Reviewed 2018-05-02

It allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.The work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.

Scott Sax

Using Workfront has made us better.

Reviewed 2015-04-22
Review Source: Software Advice

The interface and usability of the product is second to none. We've been using the software since 2009, choosing it because of the easy-to-use interface. The product has gone through numerous redesigns of the interface, and things have just gotten easier with each release. Our users really like it, and there is a quick turnaround in terms of getting started and using the product. The functionality of the software also gives us more than just a shared Gantt chart for projects. It really has given us the ability to manage all our work and be more productive.

Sheila Wilson

Must have for a successful team

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Thanks to user-friendly interface it is easy to train a new worker and show how to use the app. I also appreciate that I can customize my reports and dashboards because it makes my work more manageable, as well as communication with my coworkers. With this app, all team members can see what everyone is doing and who is responsible for what. Workfront helps marketing teams, agencies, and other departments manage their chaotic workloads. This software allows people to work on different projects, discuss their work and keep everything under control. If you are looking for an app, that will keep your team organized and workflow smooth — you need to install Workfront. This way you can monitor work, create tasks for your team and approve projects of your company without even being in the office. It seems to me that the cost of the application may seem high only for those who manage a small team consisting of just a few people. In other situations, the price is fully justified, if we recall all the possibilities that it provides. So complain about the cost as for me there is no point.

Narayan Raum

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Reviewed 2015-05-01
Review Source: Software Advice

The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.

Anonymous

Top-notch enterprise/corporate project management software solution

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Our experience has been amazing. We have one system to take in all requests and it allows us to track every detail of our projects and keep things on track. If I had to find a project management tool all over again...I'd still go with Workfront. Every time.Workfront is the total package. Where do I start! The extreme customization of the platform that can be done on my own is excellent. I have been able to tailor our request intake forms to be exactly what I need it to be and gather all of the information needed to complete our projects. In addition to that, one of my favorite features is the proofing tool. You can proof nearly any file type you can think of, you can annotate proofs and utilize automated workflows to take the guess work out of determining who's next in the review/approval chain, and you have a solid "paper trail" regarding who is providing the approvals and when. It makes my life much much easier!

Agneta Sjodin

From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work.

Reviewed 2017-05-18

Having a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.It has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.

Emma J. Hendren

Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or as my company does for larger programs that span multiple projects, create an actual Document Repository project that can be used across multiple boards. The community is very engaged and admins and project managers can speak together to help figure out the more advanced parts of the platform and how to help arrive at the endpoint your are searching for, wherever possible. They have phenomenal integration with other platforms, with options to have full DAM and more, but each add on increases the price (naturally). Even as they develop, they tend to have beta areas and accept feedback to continue to improve before they launch something that would impact the entire platform.Well-designed Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors Managing Workflows Reporting DAM Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront Integration with other platforms

Powerful PPM cloud-based tool

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Data! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now. It is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.

Ahmed Habib

Workfront is our way to success in Project Mangement even if it more expensive than other competitors

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

We are using WorkFront for about 2 years now and is very pleased with the functionality and feature set it provides to meet our needs to manage Workfront takes time and effort to implement, but anything worthwhile should. Workfront's team has been very helpful to us and really cares that we earn a win for our team. I am an end user of Workfront within teams. Workfront helps me keep on track with all my work, tracking progress and deadlines to ensure all work is delivered efficiently and on time. Customization and Small Duration to be built and including good tools for Project Management In case of owning a lot of tasks on daily basis: Workfront is the best for monitoring and follow up Including all the required Reports for Top Management Very Good Support Team Always upgrading and adding new features and reports

Cris Ritter

Unіmаgіnаblе аррrоасh tо lеаdіng thе рrоjесts

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Thе соntrоl оf еvеrythіng іs а kеy tо suссеss іn lеаdіng еvеry рrоjесt. If thе сеrtаіn рrоjесt wаs nоt suссеssful thіs іs 90% fаult оf thе mаnаgеr, bесаusе hе dіd nоt nоtісе thаt sоmеthіng wеnt wrоng, dіd nоt сhаngе іt іn tіmе. But wіth Wоrkfrоnt thеrе іs nо wаy thаt sоmеthіng lіkе thіs саn hарреn thаnks tо аll thе trасkіng сараbіlіtіеs оf thе systеm. All thе mеthоds оf mаnаgіng thе рrоjесt аrе аvаіlаblе, еvеn thе nеwеst оnе whісh I еvеn hаd nо tіmе tо try yеt, sо tоtаlly thіs systеm dоеs іts dutіеs thаt wаy іt shоuld sо I саn sаy thаt I аm sаtіsfіеd wіth thіs рrоduсt. If yоu ореn thе wеbsіtе оf thе соmраny yоu саn еаsіly rеаd аbоut еvеrythіng thаt іnсludеs іn thіs systеm, frоm my sіdе I саn оnly соnfіrm thаt аll thіs іs truе аnd саlm yоur роssіblе аnxіеty аbоut thаt. Pеорlе whо suрроrt thе сustоmеrs must bе аlwаys ореn, роlіtе аnd rеаdy tо hеlр іn аny mоmеnt аnd thаt іs еxасtly hоw I саn dеsсrіbе thе реорlе frоm thіs suрроrtіng tеаm, thеy аrе vеry рlеаsіng реорlе аnd I аm hаррy wіth thеіr wоrk!

Jessa Short

I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.

Reviewed 2018-05-02

I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Anna Sickling

A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.

Reviewed 2015-09-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Diana Hoffman

Working process controller

Reviewed 2018-12-14

We need to say that the tool is very flexible and the customer community is extremely helpful. In addition, we like an opportunity to have a general look at all the work the marketing team is producing. Also, requests play a critical part in our work. We are totally satisfied with the work of Workfront clients service. Workers of their support service are qualified professionals, who are ready to help you in a minute. What is more, they are open to new suggestions and ideas, and ready to get better at things. Technical support will always help you resolve all issues as they become available. But with the solution of the problem you will need to wait, because there are a lot of requests, and the processing goes in turn.

Eric Lucas

The product works great, nice company to work with

Reviewed 2015-09-01
Review Source: Software Advice

What really differentiates WorkFront from the competition is how well it communicates with the project team as changes are made. Basic reporting is almost trivial - I create reports and extracts for people while they wait. We can schedule reports and automate the communication of critical information. It also provides the project structure we need to model our portfolios, programs, and projects - that helps us keep clear lines of responsibility in projects.

Dave Gutzmann

Happy so far!

Reviewed 2015-09-18
Review Source: Software Advice

The product is very easy to use and most of tools provided are easily used or ignored if your companies processes and workflows don't need them. The Workfront consultants we've worked with so far have been great. They're all accommodating and want us to be successful. And the resources we can look at on our own without needing to talk to someone are also pretty great. The videos or schedule training sessions are helpful in giving high-level overviews of the software and how things work. The company also pushes upgrades to the software on a regular basis. I've seen several great improvements come across that tweak how easy it is to do things in the system.

Michael Fox

Workfront offers incredible flexibility and reporting

Reviewed 2015-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I absolutely love the user interface and the ability to customize layouts to display exactly the information my users need to get their work done efficiently. Allowing field editing inside views and dashboards is pure genius. Creating custom forms is easy and gives me the flexibility to collect all of the information needed for tasks, issues, projects, requests, etc., and the ability to update these as my company evolves. Reporting is very powerful and we are now using charts and graphs to quickly identify projects and tasks that need attention. Customer support and other services like training, webinars, consulting, user forums, etc. are all top rate. LEAP 2015 was truly impressive and I highly recommend attending LEAP 2016 (I know I'm looking forward to it!)

Angela Simon

Growing and Learning into Workfront

Reviewed 2015-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Being able to track the approvals on a document is amazing. Prior to Workfront we were keeping track of this via emails and CCing everyone and their supervisors to get responses. Now the system says in "black and white" where approvals are at for all of our documents. I also really like the ability to re-assign tasks to team members on the fly when someone is out sick or preparing to go on vacation. Since I am one of our system administrators I have access to the help desk and the service I have received for the few issues I have submitted has been attentive and friendly. I also like that Workfront encourages their customers to submit product ideas.