Microsoft To Do

Daily planner app for to-do lists and task management

Microsoft To Do Reviews

Pros

Was Simple to navigate , very reliable and supported all devices. Used to have many great features in the free version.

Merihan S.

Wunderlist is a great, fun, easy to use tool that keeps everyone on the same page, and allows for easy tracking of different tasks with different user and subtask options.

It was your classic todo list with good UI/UX and great necessary features. Good reminders, good syncing across phones, and has recurring todos.

YoYo F.

Cons

I hate that they took this app away. I did switch to another program but I miss Wunderlist.

Nathan T.

I gave it a shot for a week and was disappointed in its lack of functionality.

The drag and drop feature is terrible and needs improvement. Editing tasks should also be simpler.

1,515 reviews

Do Lists Together

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name's Jason and I am a Area Director of Community Development in the fitness industry....

A simplified project management tool

Used wunderlist for so many years, it made my life easier both in work and personal related tasks. In the last years the mobile application became really unstable and we had to migrate to Microsoft TODO

Pros

Very easy to use, create multiple lists and add tasks inside the list. You can share your lists with other team members and assign tasks to them. You will get reminders when a task is due.

Cons

The software is a great task list software but not a fully developed project management tool, it lacks collaboration tools and you can't create a timeline.

Productivity tool streamlined for maximum efficiency.

Wunderlust created a streamlined app with a layout and functionality that makes quick daily use easy on me to be more productive and organized.

Pros

The app is streamlined for quick and easy daily use. The layout is intuitive and appealing. The functionality in syncing, recovery, and input are top-tier.

Cons

In its effort to be streamlined, there are not as many options for user customization. While the app is intuitive for its main functions--productivity and organization--a bit more user customization would be nice.

Great

I tried many competitors, gave a chance to get used to them in a daily basis, but always got stuck with some limitation on the free plan. Microsoft To Do is really good, had everything I need to manage personal taks and projects and on top of that it's free.

Pros

It's simple and at the same time it's has everything I need to manage personal tasks and even some simple professional activities. The Android app and widget is great and I love the integration with Alexa (non-official, tho).

Cons

I really can't think about anything at this time. Microsoft To Do is a simples task management and as such, it's almost flawless. If you need more capabilities maybe it's time to consider a project management tool.

A neat solution, though far from perfect

Although it's quite an elegant solution overall (Microsoft has partnered with Wunderlist, so they must have seen something in it), it has a bit too many quirks and design flaws for my taste. All the basic functionality is there, the synchronization works seamlessly, and the app is visually appealing, but I wouldn't describe the whole experience with the interface as very smooth or extremely intuitive.

Pros

It's clean and simple, syncs quite well across devices (web interface and apps available, with widgets and even a browser add-on), and has some basic GTD functionality (though far from a complete solution).

Cons

Editing tasks is a bit of a nuisance because you have to double click on a task to access its data. Even editing a task name is a bit of a faff. Also, dragging tasks is not hassle-free, e.g. you have to grab the left edge of the task strip (which is not indicated visually except by a "hand" once you're actually hovering on the edge), but when you are in the Today list, although the hand appears as...

Light, but useable

Pros

Microsoft To Do is very suitable for anyone that in need of a simple but workable to-do software. It can easily manage the daily task that has all the feature to reminding, collaborating and add color coded to the task for its current progress.

Cons

There are not much can be talk about this software customization option. Everything is pretty standard. Automation on repetitive daily task can be done, but it will add the task on every day with no option to exclude certain day or make it only repetitive on some date of the month.

A Light To-Do List for Daily Use

I have been using Wunderlist for quite a time now and I am completely satisfied with Wunderlist. I love the fact that it responds much faster than other apps and doesn't consume resources as others do.

Pros

The thing I like most about Wunderlist is that it's very lightweight. It is really easy to work with and runs fast. I use Wunderlist on android and I have a widget on my home screen. I see my list whenever I open my phone and can add items to list easily. I know there are many apps available online which can do this but Wunderlist doesn't consume resources as other apps do.

Cons

Wunderlist was accuired by Microsoft in 2015 and then planned to kill it - so the future of Wunderlist is confusing. So it maybe better to use other apps which have secure future. There are many apps available online which have better features than those available in Wunderlist. So it maybe better to use other apps than Wunderlist. However, I am still using Wunderlist as I am used to it and it isn't resource intensive.

Wunderlist is organization for a very unorganized guy

Without Wunderlist, I'd be Wunderlost in wunderland, and with it I'm wunderful.

Pros

This software is magical, as it helps keep me organized but it is not complicated and is easy to use. That's a winner for me, because boring or hard to use organizers just waste my time. I don't like spending time organizing to begin with, that's certainty my down fall, and who wants a program that makes it difficult? Easy, effective, worth it

Cons

Absolutely nothing. I guess, I don't like that I have to do the task I out in there! As far as the software, it's the bees knees.

Great to-do list app, cross platform and does whatever I need

It's the best free product for todo list management I found. I use it daily for a few years now after having tried multiple alternatives, this one is no whistles, but works great!

Pros

It's easy to use, works on every platform I use (Mac, Windows, Web, Android and iOS), and does the job great. It allows collaboration (shared lists, assignees) and has reminders across platforms.

Cons

It doesn't allow complex due dates (e.g. every 2nd Tuesday), and doesn't support complex notes inside tasks, just basic text and links.

Best app for handling all your tasks and easy to use

Great experience overall I can track my daily/weekly/monthly tasks and it is synced across all my devices no matter the platform. I liked being able to setup notifications and reminders and able to check off as I did them or keep keep them going of not completed.

Pros

The software unlike others was easy to use and didn't have a bunch of stuff I didnt need and also I could have my students use it and they weren't confused asking me questions and they were up and running quickly and managing tasks.

Cons

I would say add more features or Integrations with other sites but that's also why it's good because it's simple and it just works!

Sorry to See it Go

I'm a Getting Things Done fan and started using Wunderlist to help. It's been a fantastic tool over the years and I'd still be using it if it weren't being discontinued.

Pros

Wunderlist is super easy to use and has great customizations. I like that it opens to the list page rather than a specific list.

Cons

That it was bought by Microsoft and will be discontinued. I also wish there was a way to turn off in-app notifications.

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Wunderlist - Super Simple Straightforward Task Keeper

I actually use Wunderlist actively. If I update tasks on my laptop, there's seamless syncing to my smartphone. I'm on an Android and the app is well designed, very easy to read my tasks, add, update. On my Macbook, I switched from using Wunderlist in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) and am using the desktop app. The desktop app takes very little memory compared to keeping an open tab in either browser....

Pros

Sometimes super simple is all you need. What I love about Wunderlist is that it really is a plain and simple tool to keep track of tasks. I've used Todoist, and that's a cool tool too. But ALL I want is something to keep me straight on tasks I have, and have it super easy for me to add and update them. Wunderlist delivers on it's simplicity from actually using it to the look and feel.

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to print out on paper my completed tasks depending on what I'm working on. You can't do this. You can print out your open tasks. I can view a list of the next 7 days of tasks but I can't view what I have open after that. In ToDoist you can view tasks past 1 week in the Inbox. I'm using a tag that I can search and pull up tasks that are over a week old.

A robust & useful task list app

Pros

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always...

Cons

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Have things to do? Wunderlist will keep you on track and get your to do list done!

Keeps me organized so I have more time to work and spend less time looking for information. Productivity has probably gone up 25% (according to my time tracking software).

Pros

I am a one person freelance business that does web and graphic design. I use Wunderlist to organize my projects. It's basically a to-do list on steroids. I can add an item to a list. Under that one item, I can add notes, uploads/files, checklists, a deadline, reminders, and star it to bring it to the top of my list. I can also create as many main lists as I want and have as many items as I need under...

Cons

There's no integration with anything else , like time tracking or invoicing software, that would make it a serious productivity app.

A Great Way to Manage All of Your Tasks for You and Your Team(s)

I've been using several different solutions for managing my tasks/projects/deadlines/to-do's for years. I've left Wunderlist only to find myself crawling back due to its ease of use features. It uses keyphrases and contextual clues to predict your tasks due dates or reminders and related contacts which reduces the time you spend making the task and more time to complete it/checking it off. I use it for my personal life as well as Team Projects and Project Management to keep track of all of our tasks in the company. It works very well for small businesses (1-20 employees) with simple tasks that do not require workflow and triggering.

Pros

-You can add anything from anywhere using email, typing out your tasks, or generating them from webpages/inbox etc. -Easy to use Reminder System that is effective at keeping you up to date with what needs to be done and not easy to ignore or let anything slip through the cracks with push notifications. -Smart Tasks allowing you to setup reminders, notifications, group members, tags, etc by simply using the correct words in your tasks and minimizing the time it takes to setup your tasks in general giving you more time to complete them! -Team Collaboration & List Share Options -Device Compatibility and Multi-Platform Apps -Gmail Integration

Cons

-Inability to create projects or automated tasks directly within the app itself, however this can be achieved by using integrations with Zapier etc or using other tools to talk to Wunderlist and create the tasks for you. -Can become bulky when you have a large number of tasks at one time or are managing a lot of projects or lists. -Sometimes the smart task creation/tagging can get in the way when you want to write something simple and it tries to do something else for you.

Great for keeping on track.

Since we introduced Wunderlist to our business, we really seem to stay on top of things. If you remember something needs to be done, you can easily open the app and add it to the To-Do list and assign it to the proper staff member. As the owner, I can easily track what has been accomplished or the amount of progress that has been made on an assignment. It seems to motivate everyone to quickly get things checked off the list and move on to the next task. It has definitely been an asset to our company.

Pros

This app is wonderful for keeping tasks organized and on track. What we love most is the ability to assign tasks to others, share information, and make notes, and work together to finish tasks quickly and efficiently. It's a bonus that you can use it not only for business, but personal tasks as well, while keeping all of the "to- dos" separate. We love that it works equally as well on our laptops, tablets, and phones.

Cons

I tried to find something I dislike about this app, but I could not. Maybe they could add a larger selection of backgrounds.

Getting Things Done with Wunderlist

I was recommended Wunderlist from a friend. I am a paper gal through and through. Wunderlist has helped me be more efficient in my tasks. I can access and edit from my computer and my phone. One of the main perks of this program is sharing tasks. That has helped our team stay on the same page and work efficiently. I have used Trello in the past and did not find it as efficient/helpful as Wunderlist.

Pros

There are several things I like most about this software. Being a visual person, Wunderlist satisfies that need. Not only are the lists helpful at-a-glance, I enjoy the personalization allowed. On a more serious note, Wunderlist helps me in staying on target for my tasks. No task falls through the cracks. Within each task, it is helpful being able to set reminders, due dates, repetition, etc. Something else that has greatly come in handy, is being able to share tasks with others in the office. I can keep track of what is getting done or assign tasks to our office aid or other secretaries. The option to print all jobs or list is incredibly helpful.

Cons

I have not run into any problems. My tasks are not too large and this is a great program for the smaller tasks so far.

Great For Making To-Do Lists of Any Kind!

This is a great app if all you're really looking for is a fairly basic list-making software. I really enjoy using it for packing lists, shopping/grocery lists, and general to-do lists. But if you're looking for a more collaborative or robust project management software, this might not be the one for you.

Pros

Wunderlist makes it quick and easy to make lists of any kind. I like that you can easily switch between your different lists on the left hand side of the program, while managing the contents of those lists on the right hand side of the program (the majority of the screen is dedicated to this purpose). I also really appreciate that you can quickly churn out many list items in a row- all you have to...

Cons

Wunderlist is great at what it does, but it's probably not as robust a task management softwares as some others that are out on the market. But considering it's free, that's not necessarily the worst thing. One thing that does occasionally bother me is that any list items that are checked off are removed from the list, rather than being crossed out, moved to the bottom, or dimmed. While this can be nice for some things (like grocery shopping), it's more frustrating for recurring/unchanging lists (like a general packing list) since it means you either have to keep re-making the list every time you need it, or fish the crossed off items out of the "completed" tab every time after you're finished with it.

Stellar Interface

I'm never behind on completing tasks because everything I have to do is put into a task or list on Wunderlist. I am assigning tasks to team members and am able to keep track of things easily because due dates tell me when something needs to be done. Working through larger projects are easy.

Pros

I love the the week view. As I create tasks (some of them months in advance as I become aware of them), it gets too cumbersome to simply search multiple lists for what tasks need to be done. I live on the weekly list that simply puts everything in order, each day, of what's due that you've given a due date for. Of course, if you don't give it a due date, it won't show up in this view. Every single...

Cons

I wish you could duplicate lists. There are times we have similar items to do for event promotion that would be nice to simply copy one list, change the name/due date/and people included. Instead you're stuck having to create a new list/task from scratch.

Wunderlist - a simple and effective productivity tool

I have used Wunderlist for almost a year and I happily recommend it to people who want a simple tool to keep organized all the tasks - work, health, shopping. Don't expect overly complicated features, but it's also waaaaay more than a simple list on a paper. Overall, I can't live now without Wunderlist -it makes me more organized. Precious hint: unfortunately, Wunderlist doesn't do the client work, so it doesn't replace your endeavors.

Pros

I am that kind of person who constantly strives to do more in less time. I read a lot of productivity guides and books. I believe about myself that I know a thing or two about productivity. However, there is no productivity expert to know exactly how to make a perfect you. In spite of that, there are tools to help you being more productive and Wunderlist is one of these. Wunderlist does a great job...

Cons

I tried for a few minutes to find a weak point of Wunderlist. I didn't identify one.Probably the integration with a time management tool might might be the subject of an improved version in the future. It will be great to have in a single dasboard Wunderlist+Clockify. However, many people use it for its simplicity and easiness of use. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Most Efficient todo list app I’ve ever used.

We have a lot of volunteers and only a few paid staff. So to have a program that makes it easier to communicate lists to people with out asking them to pay a lot of money is highly beneficial. Wunderlist is my go to note taking app. Most meeting notes are usually lists anyway, and I find it very simple to capture my thoughts on this app

Pros

What I love most about this product is the simplicity and speed of list making. I also use this as a field note book to organize and capture thoughts and ideas quickly. A lot of note taking apps and todo list apps have more features but they are also a lot more complicated to use. Wunderlist is simple and has a very clean lay out. You can also make sub tasks and notes for each todo. But the best part is that it is not at all complicated. The lists can be shared, Either with people on wunderlist , or you can generate a pdf and email / text the list. I use this feature often with agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs.

Cons

It would be amazing if there was a separate landscape view for iPad and Desk top that layed out the entire lists in rows where you could see them at once. I use separate lists for days of the week. If there was a way of seeing each in a row format at once, it would be easier to migrate tasks to other list as needed.

Wunderlist is a simple and elegant to-do list app that will be sorely missed

I will sorely miss Wunderlist as it approaches its last days in 2020. I will struggle to find another List app that keeps it as simple (yet functional!) as Wunderlist.

Pros

I loved how it kept my to-do lists and grocery lists easy to organize and add to. It was stellar for keeping simple things simple. Sharing my lists with family and friends was a real breeze. My whole family uses Wunderlist and we can't complain at all, it's really that predictable, reliable, useful, and great!

Cons

It may be too simple for some people. I find that it is best used as a grocery list and checklist app as opposed to a to-do list app (which many may find Trello to be a better alternative in that regard). The biggest Con for me is that I've used Wunderlist for years now and they are shutting down. So I can only recommend it until they discontinue the service.

Excellent for tracking and sorting tasks! Easy to use.

I use this for work, personal life, and volunteer life. I created folders for the various things that I need to do and sort tasks into the various folders. For work, I use this daily to help me track my tasks and keep me focused on what I need to do and I also used shared lists with coworkers to track things we need to purchase for the office. For personal life, I use this as a grocery list, occasionally...

Pros

This program tracks all of my tasks. I can organize them into categories and set reminders or due dates for them. It is web based so it's accessible whenever you have the internet and can be used across devices. It synchronizes in real time.

Cons

This is a good product in general, but on some occasions there would be issues with synchronization. The Wunderlist Team worked hard to fix them though and they were usually sort term. I haven't seen any issues in a while with this so they may have improved their system

The perfect work / life organiser

Overall I would highly recommend Wunderlist to anyone who is trying to be more organsied. It has helped set reminders, repeating tasks, lists, assignments and more. The mobile app is excellent, especially if you share tasks and lists with others.

Pros

Wunderlist is so simple and effective that it implements into your work / personal life perfectly. The overall ease of use and complete cross device compatibility makes it the go to app for all things to do. Being able to create mulitple lists, setting priorities and adding information and sub lists makes this a great platform.

Cons

As it is designed as a simple to do app, sometimes it lacks deeper features which would be nice. Team collaboration can become limited, but for daily tasks and simple projects it's excellent.

Wunderlist - easily organize your daily tasks

I have been using it for personal purposes - in order to plan my daily activities. In our modern time it is useful to have an app like that, where you can write down your tasks for the week for example, and then just watch every day what you need to do. It helps you not to forget something to do, also keeps the health of your brain and keeps a positive attitude of you when you do not miss anything to do or some person to date. I pretty recommend the app, because it is easy to use, and gives a lot of features that everyone who wants a task organizer will appreciate them.

Pros

1. I like it because the interface is very easy to use and intuitive - you can download the app and almost immediately start using it without thinking how to work with the app. 2. It has section TODAY, in which you can see everything you planned for today. The good thing is that it automatically shows it to you, without choosing today's date from some calendar for example. 3. You can set reminders,...

Cons

Till my use of the program, I didn't experience any inconvenience or difficulties with the program. I pretty like it, and since now I cannot tell any cons, because I am very glad using this app.