Boulevard Logo
Boulevard

Business management software for appointment-based self-care

visit website

Boulevard Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

Reviews by rating

The few times that I’ve had to check a customer out it feels like Boulevard is doing it for me that’s how flawless it is. I really love these guys.
Switching from our primitive software we had before couldn’t have happened sooner. Boulevard is effective in booking, checking out and the customer service/tailoring is out of this world awesome.
It's a straightforward platform that is easy for our teams to use and it has been wonderful to partner with a platform that takes our feedback and collaborates with us on solutions.
The random booking algorithm is confusing and does not produce random results. Currently lacking options for Apple pay and Google pay.
The app especially is problematic, and offers no actual function of usefulness. The inability to view appointment details on the app (what service is requested), is especially frustrating.
This makes it time-consuming and leaves the possibility of error if a service provider works at multiple locations.

LM

Lindsay M.

Manager

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Love where this software is headed!

Transcript

Lindsay M.: Hi, I'm Lindsay. I manage a hair salon outside of Philadelphia and we have about 17 stylists...

MT

Megan T.

Office Manager

Boulevard Saved Our Business

Transcript

Megan: Hi, I'm Megan. I'm the office manager for pro Do Blow Dry Bar. We're a blow dry bar located in...

KK

Kim K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Boulevard: bang for your buck that keeps on growing

Boulevard has been overall incredibly beneficial to our business. It’s combined more than one program that we were using before for less than the cost, and gave us many new added features.

Pros

Coming from using a combination of Rosy for salon scheduling and booking, Zingle for text messaging, and a third party payment processor, finding boulevard and finding out that all of these features were built in was a no brained. The system is colorful and aesthetically pleasing, the the customer support team is usually quick to answer and assist any comments, questions, or concerns. The dev team regularly adds new, requested features. The mobile app has been great for our staff to keep track of their days and know when their clients have arrived or booked keeps them on track.

Cons

Some features that we are waiting on for boulevard to implement feel like they should’ve been included with the base software, such as letting staff see their tips on the mobile app. Sometimes customer support just doesn’t get the problem you are having, and it feels like you’re explaining it over and over. The software has yet to be down, but sometimes the POS has moments of glitchy-ness. Inventory control could use a little clarification and could be streamlined.

KL

Katherine L.

Stewart Palmer Salon and Spa

Pros

It's really easy to train new employees, the software is very user friendly. Great support when anyone has questions and people are always kind even when we might ask a stupid question. I really like implementation and having face to face meetings. It was very personal and I've never had a software company do that.

Cons

Having the ability to set the swipe as the default card payment would be helpful. Checking out with phones and having the ability for the guest to leave a gratuity as well. I really can't think of any cons. I've loved it and recommended it to fellow salon owners and salon consulting companies.

MC

Marchelle C.

Boulevard

It’s a new software so it’s expected but I think a lot of things could of been better over the years. Lots of new updates to keep current and trendy but with that comes a roller coaster of trial and error. With that being said old tech should be easy but isn’t.

Pros

Seamless booking appointments online for clients and in person.

Cons

Glitches … a new one every week! As a business owner you don’t have the time to make customer support tickets and figure out how to do workarounds more often than not. But I guess that’s how it is with these softwares.

DW

David W.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Overall a Great System with focus on technology improvements.

I have to say the cost and the simplicity of the system is the part I like most. I really enjoy how easy this system is to use and the technology behind the system. The new Duo credit card reader is great except it would have been nice if it would have had a Magswipe to it as well.

Pros

I do have to say Boulevard is a very simple and easy system to use with a lot of power behind it to stand next to some of the bigger more popular booking software available. Another perk is the benefit of having the credit card processing with Boulevard and not an additional expense.

Cons

There are a few glitches such as selecting a date in the future you need to be in calendar mode instead of Front Desk Mode. Another annoying feature is the multiple clicks of confirming to book an appointment. I feel that is a waste of time. I will also say that it would be helpful if the system would send a text message to the client during the booking instead of only an email. As a stylist I will receive a text message of the newly booked appointment but not the client. Their app is not a very user friendly app for management.

RL

Rachel L.

So happy with Boulevard!

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

Pros

I LOVE the customer service. Your team is so accessible and on top of things anytime I've had a concern. Thank you so much. I know I'm one of the first users - I am so grateful you let me stay on. As a close second, I like the look of the design and the way it integrates with my existing site. The style and functionality together are unlike anything I've seen. It gives my booking interface a sophisticated look that aligns with my brand. I have nothing but positive things to say about you all!

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't sync well with my google calendar. In particular, my google cal events don't show on the Boulevard calendar. There were a few occasions where I was double-booked. But I have been double-checking those on a regular basis to avoid that from happening again.

MO

Molly O.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Happy, Happy, Happy BLVD 4-lifer Customer

I love that I don't have to worry about double bookings etc so we are able to give our clients the best customer service without losing that personal touch. It's fast at booking clients so I love that there isn't a lot of down time on the phone

Pros

There isn't enough time to discuss all that I love about this software. I love that the checkout page includes a gratuity line so our team doesn't have to ask 'would you like to leave gratuity for your artist' tacky! I love the cash drawer feature - helps to maintain an accurate cash drawer during the day. Inventory functionality is great. The reports are abundant and extremely powerful to help you keep track of running your business The checkout / reception page is ridiculously cool and informative I love that the help team is fast and ready to assist as much as they currently can The communications is great - you know when your clients, book when they arrive, when they check out, and when they cancel. Customization and team permissions are abundant.

Cons

I feel like because it's new some things are still being worked out. New like within the past few years. I do like how the customer service and help chat team are fast to respond to issues. I do not feel like the app fits this software! It is so forward and the app is just mundane. I hope more work and effort goes into it like being able to shrink down the size on the screen to show the whole day...

AM

Alicia M.

Boulevard is Awesome

Overall my experience has been pretty great. Such a positive change from Mindbody. I just wished I switched sooner!

Pros

Is it so easy to check clients out! It is so easy for people to schedule online. We switched from Mindbody, and for our massage therapy studio, it is so much more intuitive and easy to take payments without mistakes. Scheduling calendar is easy to use. The Messaging system is so amazing. We text our clients all of the time now and all conversations show under their profile! Online booking is super...

Cons

Not being able to purchase services online or in the app, the app needs more functionality for sure. They have a bunch of new features they are working on that will be rolled out soon, however. They also need better payroll reporting features for paying other than commission. They are also bringing out better online booking smart booking to limit gaps, so that is something I am excited to use in January.

JR

Jocelyn R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Wonderful for spas and salons

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

Pros

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

Cons

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

RF

Rosie F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

Pros

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive...

Cons

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

JA

Jennifer A.

Boulevard

It has been a good overall experience switching to boulevard, everyone we have worked with and spoken to have been very helpful.

Pros

We really like the ease of scheduling and how our clients can book and pay online.

Cons

We have still not been able to connect boulevard to our social media so that clients can book directly from those platforms.

RM

RoseMary M.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great Software for Salons

One of the best things about Boulevard is customer service. Any time we had questions or issues arise, our problem was dealt with swiftly and resolved. Whether we emailed the rep assigned to us or used the Help Chat or the Support Center, we always felt that our problem was addressed very quickly.

Pros

Boulevard is the 3rd scheduling software we have used in the salon, and is by far the best one. Boulevard is very user-friendly. We have had very few problems with it (business interruption or faulty software or the system going down) like we experienced with the other two programs we used in the past. We love the app the stylists/barbers can get on their phones to se e their schedules, be alerted when a client checks in and see client notes right on their phones.

Cons

The negative about Boulevard is that it doesn’t easily connect with any email marketing programs.

EB

Elyse B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Happy we made the switch to Boulevard

Overall I am happy with Boulevard. Again, I was told some things upon signing up that were untrue, so that did make a bad first impression. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved the day as best she could. I am still waiting for hopefully new features in the program to make it easier as a business owner to use, as well as easier for clients and my receptionists to make less errors booking.

Pros

Boulevard is very user friendly. We used to have Mindbody software and are very happy we made the switch. The onboarding process was a little rocky, as there was some misinformation given to me, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and attentive helping me figure everything out. The consumer online booking looks sleek and is easy to use.

Cons

There seems to still be some kinks with online booking, I wish it smart booked better. It also is easy to book a staff member a service they don't perform. The sales reports include tax & tip, I wish there was a way to see our true sales without having to get out a calculator and do it myself. I also was told Mailchimp was included in the high monthly price, however, I have to pay almost $200 more a month for Mailchimp on top of the Boulevard price.

FD

FORREST D.

BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR SALONS

INCREDIBLE.

Pros

I HEARD OF BLVD 8 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH OUR PLATFORMS. WE CHANGED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2020 WHILE OUR SALONS WERE FORCED TO CLOSE. IT WAS A SCARY TIME TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE CHANGES GOING ON IN THE WORLD BUT BLVD MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS. IN THE PAST THE SELLING AGENT HAS BEEN GREAT AND THEN ONCE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A ACCOUNT MANAGER EVERYTHING HAS FALLEN APART. THAT IS NOT THE CASE...

Cons

I WISH THAT IT COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED OUR PAST RETAIL HISTORY. I USED THAT A LOT IN THE PAST AND WE HAD TO MANUALLY RETRIEVED THAT DATA BEFORE THE TRANSFER HAPPENED FROM OUR PREVIOUS PLATFORM. I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BLVD MUCH QUICKER IF WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR RETAIL HISTORY TRANSFERRED.

VW

Virginia W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A Whole New World (Cue the Little Mermaid)

Pros

Easy to use & train new employees. Reporting is sooooo easy & I don't touch Excel nearly as often. Their support team is so kind, and so personable. They made the transition seamless & actually enjoyable. I really enjoy the front desk view, and I totally wasn't expecting that. That has been the saving grace, seeing who has confirmed & not confirmed- it makes my mornings smooth & less stressful. The Little Mermaid quote was a little cheeky but honestly accurate, it's been such a nice transition for my business & my team loves it.

Cons

I can't think of anything so far. As my business grows, I'll have a better sense but so far it's all really good!

NV

Nhu V.

Retail, 11-50 employees

y

Overall has been great because of the customer support. BLVD doesn't have all our needs met for our unique salon business (no software does and we dont expect anything to be perfect), but the customer support has been above and beyond in helping us find ways to lighten our load or another way to navigate.

Pros

User-friendly. Easy to navigate. Modern asthetics. Quick navigation for the most part. Quick and friendly customer support.

Cons

1. We wish we could customize some of our client communication via email or text. 2. We wish that guest booking would send a message to the person booking to confirm they booked without attaching emails to each profile. There should be a auto reply of booking when booking for guests as well. 3. wish we could export product information instead of manually entering in each product. 4. Product fields are not saveable and we need to re-enter. Leads room for error of misspelling and creating duplicates. 5. wish we can make changes easier to both locations.

MC

Marc C.

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

CL

Carlos L.

We love Boulevard

We absolutely love Boulevard and I recommend it to other salons as a Salon Business Coach.

Pros

We love all the advanced technology, features and ease of use.

Cons

At first we had issues with tech support but now things are much better.

CW

Cristina W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Tried several options – Boulevard won by a landslide.

Great! Onboarding was a breeze and my partner manager is super responsive. When problems arise they fix them very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use for new staff and for clients is unparalleled in my opinion – the learning curve is so short and with a fast growing team, ease of training is huge for our business. It's intuitive and I love the sleek design that clients experience.

Cons

Because it is new, there are occasionally features I miss from longer-established platforms (example - gift card functionality was only added recently). However, they are rolling out new features every single month and are very response to requests. Worth the wait for full functionality. For my business I wish it had class booking functionality but also appreciate the laser-focus on appointment-based booking.

MT

Margie T.

Love BOULEVARD!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to look up information and also add and customize for our business. Tech support is always there to help and notify's us if there is any changes due to holidays ahead of time!

Cons

I wish that I could customize the differences while making the schedule, i.e every other monday instead of first and third, etc.

MS

Mari S.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Overall good, but needs som improvements

Overall it is good, but it doesn't serve my businesses needs 100%.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the interface is easier than other platforms I've seen. The customer help is very good, too!

Cons

There are often bugs/error messages when trying to adjust appointments, that can be very frustrating and hold up a client's checkout or scheduling experience. There also really needs to be an easy, clear option to book two services at the same time for the same person.

JU

John U.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Keep all of your clients details together and orderly.

I love BLVD. The only downside is there reports. There are so many important analytics that are important to salon team members when it comes to sales, understanding our clients, retaining clients, and retaining NEW clients. Improve this, and BLVD would be the overall greatest package available.

Pros

The 2 way messaging, and professional look of BLVD sets it apart from other systems.

Cons

Their reports need the most improvement The variety of reports do not measure up to what you would expect from BLVD. They should take a look at other systems and see these are strong points on other systems that may be the reason people hold back from becoming a BLVD User. Reports are so important for Owners and Managers who need to gather analytics in order to create benchmarks for team members.

TP

Twyla P.

Always Improving!

Overall the experience was great from set up to launch, the most critical of functions we need as a studio work in our favor

Pros

I love the ease of customization, especially since we utilize the software for both retail AND services. Additionally the fact that the price is steady regardless of the number of users is helpful for growing businesses. My favorite thing is the customer service, we've had barely any issues since we began using Boulevard, but the couple times they didn't beat us to the punch notifying us of issues, we had answers within MINUTES of reaching out.

Cons

The professional app needs a lot of work in my opinion. The lack of ability to take payments in the mobile app creates problems when we are trying to do purchases or enter appointments and aren't near a computer, and scheduling the appointments can be a chore, if there was a way to utilize the app so we have the same options to see and select the best times/all times for appointments and choose times that way would create a lot of ease for all users.

PT

Piotr T.

Railroad Manufacture, 501-1,000 employees

Boulevard

In my overall experience with Boulevard, I found it to be a powerful and feature-rich salon management platform. The range of tools and functionalities provided comprehensive support for various aspects of salon operations, helping to streamline processes and improve customer experience. With careful consideration of the pricing structure, Boulevard has the potential to be an excellent choice for salons seeking a holistic and efficient management solution.

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Boulevard was its comprehensive suite of salon management tools. From appointment scheduling to client management and POS functionality, Boulevard provided an all-in-one solution for running a salon business efficiently. The user-friendly interface and intuitive design made it easy to navigate and utilize the various features.

Cons

One aspect that I found less favorable about Boulevard was the pricing structure, which might be prohibitive for small or independent salons. While the platform offers robust features, the cost could be a barrier for businesses operating on a tight budget. Providing more flexible pricing options or scaled-down packages could make it more accessible to a wider range of salon owners.

VK

Venus K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Customer service is top notch

Pros

It works 97% of the time; appointments book easy and it keeps track of important numbers.

Cons

Edit functionality is minimal. Client database edits are good but could be better. It can get very cluttered because there is no way to delete service or retail; only disable or block I wish there were more reminders and in the reminders it detailed all services booked and if it were a group booking and what services were booked for that group. It only allows confirmation of one service I also wish the add on option like loyalty products would work and were easier to edit

AD

Ashley D.

Loving our new software

We switched from a really large, out of date system. Boulevard is clean and simple. It has brought our salon into 2020 with ease. I would have never gotten through the quarantine and being able to work remotely without the ease of Boulevard. The customer service staff is wonderful, always available, and quick to respond. I am so pleased with our choice to switch, I would never go back!

Pros

Ease of communicating to the company is top notch! The program is simple, clean, and easy to use. Transition from the other software we used was painless. Booking app and staff app is great! Integrated CC processing is amazing as well.

Cons

A few reports could be added, online booking features could be a bit cleaner.