Boulevard Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The few times that I’ve had to check a customer out it feels like Boulevard is doing it for me that’s how flawless it is. I really love these guys.
Switching from our primitive software we had before couldn’t have happened sooner. Boulevard is effective in booking, checking out and the customer service/tailoring is out of this world awesome.
It's a straightforward platform that is easy for our teams to use and it has been wonderful to partner with a platform that takes our feedback and collaborates with us on solutions.
The random booking algorithm is confusing and does not produce random results. Currently lacking options for Apple pay and Google pay.
The app especially is problematic, and offers no actual function of usefulness. The inability to view appointment details on the app (what service is requested), is especially frustrating.
This makes it time-consuming and leaves the possibility of error if a service provider works at multiple locations.

Chris A.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

Pros

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

Cons

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Best POS Software!

Overall the experience has been outstanding. The team is always attentive & responsive. They come up with alternatives & suggestions to help improve your experience! The software is great as it can be easily accessible on multiple devices & internet!

Pros

Boulevard software is very user friendly, easy to use & convenient! It has reduced the duration of front desk trainig. It has also made the managers that are behind the chair, have a very enjoyable experience. I

Cons

Some of the items that seem like they should be easy to customize, are in face a little more. It makes sense when you realize that the interface is for all users and not just your specific location (s).

TF

Tom F.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Payment and sales reporting does not meet expectations

I don’t receive many quick replies and when i do my questions don’t have answers. My suggestions get added to future development.

Pros

Online booking and scheduling appointments

Cons

The reporting doesn’t make much sense for the service providers that switched from other payment platforms like square.

MS

Mandy S.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

User-Friendly for All Involved

Boulevard has allowed us to attract a younger demographic through texting and online booking, and it has made it much easier for us to train new front desk staff. If you are looking to bring your salon into the 21st century, then Boulevard is for you!

Pros

We switched to Boulevard for our salon & spa scheduling and POS for a number of reasons, but the primary factor was the ability to have convenient online booking. Boulevard's online booking system is simple to use as both a customer and an administrator, and their customer interface is simple and modern. Additionally, they have phenomenal customer support and offer online trainings. The ability to text with clients in the software is a huge bonus as well!

Cons

Having come from a software with great reporting, Boulevard sometimes lacks the specific reports on product sales, services performed, etc. that we would like. However, we've been able to find workarounds or manually create most of the additional reports we need. We think that Boulevard is completely worth the cost, but if you are on a tight budget, do keep in mind that they are in the middle to top of the price range. You may also want to price out specific features - for example, Boulevard's in-house email client is much more expensive than many standalone emailing programs.

RL

Rachel L.

So happy with Boulevard!

It has been exceptional because of the excellent service. Couldn't be happier.

Pros

I LOVE the customer service. Your team is so accessible and on top of things anytime I've had a concern. Thank you so much. I know I'm one of the first users - I am so grateful you let me stay on. As a close second, I like the look of the design and the way it integrates with my existing site. The style and functionality together are unlike anything I've seen. It gives my booking interface a sophisticated look that aligns with my brand. I have nothing but positive things to say about you all!

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't sync well with my google calendar. In particular, my google cal events don't show on the Boulevard calendar. There were a few occasions where I was double-booked. But I have been double-checking those on a regular basis to avoid that from happening again.

KK

Kim K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Boulevard: bang for your buck that keeps on growing

Boulevard has been overall incredibly beneficial to our business. It’s combined more than one program that we were using before for less than the cost, and gave us many new added features.

Pros

Coming from using a combination of Rosy for salon scheduling and booking, Zingle for text messaging, and a third party payment processor, finding boulevard and finding out that all of these features were built in was a no brained. The system is colorful and aesthetically pleasing, the the customer support team is usually quick to answer and assist any comments, questions, or concerns. The dev team regularly adds new, requested features. The mobile app has been great for our staff to keep track of their days and know when their clients have arrived or booked keeps them on track.

Cons

Some features that we are waiting on for boulevard to implement feel like they should’ve been included with the base software, such as letting staff see their tips on the mobile app. Sometimes customer support just doesn’t get the problem you are having, and it feels like you’re explaining it over and over. The software has yet to be down, but sometimes the POS has moments of glitchy-ness. Inventory control could use a little clarification and could be streamlined.

LU

Lukas U.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Boulevard is expensive, but worth it

Boulevard is super-stable, slick, and easy to use as a POS ANDscheduling system. It saved us tons of hassles with Booker and Zenoti in terms of confusing interfaces and over-built functionality (Zenoti), and system instability/glitches (Booker). Boulevard's POS system and iPad app is also very slick and integrates very well with the software, which is more than we could say for Zenoti and Booker as well. Boulevard is expensive, but as a small business owner, time is money, and it saved us from a lot of headaches we were having with other scheduling/POS solutions.

Pros

Excellent UI and ease of use. Thorough onboarding and customer support. Feature-rich and well thought-out functionality for salon owners operating at any scale. Hardware and software is stable and reliable.

Cons

Boulevard is an excellent product, but you gotta pay for it!

MO

Molly O.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Happy, Happy, Happy BLVD 4-lifer Customer

I love that I don't have to worry about double bookings etc so we are able to give our clients the best customer service without losing that personal touch. It's fast at booking clients so I love that there isn't a lot of down time on the phone

Pros

There isn't enough time to discuss all that I love about this software. I love that the checkout page includes a gratuity line so our team doesn't have to ask 'would you like to leave gratuity for your artist' tacky! I love the cash drawer feature - helps to maintain an accurate cash drawer during the day. Inventory functionality is great. The reports are abundant and extremely powerful to help you keep track of running your business The checkout / reception page is ridiculously cool and informative I love that the help team is fast and ready to assist as much as they currently can The communications is great - you know when your clients, book when they arrive, when they check out, and when they cancel. Customization and team permissions are abundant.

Cons

I feel like because it's new some things are still being worked out. New like within the past few years. I do like how the customer service and help chat team are fast to respond to issues. I do not feel like the app fits this software! It is so forward and the app is just mundane. I hope more work and effort goes into it like being able to shrink down the size on the screen to show the whole day...

FT

Francisco T.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Fantastic!

Overall its been pretty pleasant. We were using Booker before and since transferring to Boulevard, it's been great. Everything has been relatively easy to learn and easy to train with other people. I feel like I learn something new like every week haha.

Pros

I love the ease of the tabs and being able to just read what is what and where to go. Theres no guessing on where you need to go in order to do what you need to do. Everything is very user friendly. It would be really hard to mess something up.

Cons

I dont like that you're not able to just stretch appointments by grabbing the appointment. You should be able to grab the bottom of the appointment and stretch it, instead of having to do an extra step, going into "Edit Appointment" and changing the time length. Also the "Week" view doesnt work if theres more then four barbers on your screen, that should be changed. There also should be some sort of Apple Pay option with Boulevard, its 2020 going into 2021 :)

AW

Adam W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

almost perfect

if we can work quickly through some of the challenges it will be great, if not buyers remorse

Pros

ease of booking and working with appointments

Cons

there are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients payment processor is also a down side integrations for internal marketing could be improved and create a SIGNIFICANT amount of value

BW

Britney W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Welcome to the future or Salon/Spa booking!

Pros

Moving to BLVD has made every aspect of our business streamline and easy. Its so hard to name just a few aspects of what we love about this software because... well... we love it all! BLVD has offered us access to clients ability for easy, smart online booking, the software is very easy to learn and navigate, product inventory management is better than ever, ability to text with clients, touchless...

Cons

Honestly it is very hard for me to list off what I like least about BLVD as we truly love it. Our only issues have been with some of the detail summary reports being a bit off but we have been working with BLVD to get this issue solved.

JR

Jocelyn R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Wonderful for spas and salons

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

Pros

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

Cons

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

RL

Rebekah L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best salon software I've ever used!

Solved the stress of all the "workarounds" we were having to do with our old software. Elevated the guests experience with working with our business.

Pros

It's hard to put in words the beauty of this software. It's visually beautiful, very quick to learn, easy to use, customer service is outstanding & quick to respond, and the online booking platform is so easy to use for our guests. We've been in business for 9 years and this is our 5th and final software. We've found the one!! The conversion from our other software was so easy and seamless (we've had disasters in the past) I can't recommend it enough!!!

Cons

A few features I feel are missing (but I'm told they are working on adding them) Referral program built in, option to pay commissions on discounted services or the original price, line items for set fees in the checkout instead of having to manually enter it, ability for guests to book directly from Instagram.

DL

DeLane L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Huge Fan of Boulevard

Pros

I’m the two years I’ve moved from MindBody to Boulevard, I’ve seen the growth. They are constantly giving useful and innovates updates to the software that make my life so much easier as a practitioner and business owner.

Cons

I recently did a price increase and realized that the price change doesn’t update all the appointments already scheduled prior to the change. It would be great for this option to at least be there to automatically change all prices including those already scheduled starting on a “certain date”.

KH

Kelly H.

Practically Perfect

Overall very satisfied with Boulevard. The support team is always prompt and supportive with a smile. The software allows us to keep our operations smooth and we feel very savvy with it. Clients always compliment the ease of use when scheduling and how beautiful it looks.

Pros

Immediately, I noticed BLVD's interface. It was a breath of fresh air. The schedule was easy to read, well organized, and allowed enough customization.

Cons

It seems as if this software was optimized for hair stylists, so there are some features that would be helpful in a nail salon setting. BLVD's calendar communication is missing some features regarding client confirmations and holidays/closed days. Not missing too many features though!

CW

Cristina W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Tried several options – Boulevard won by a landslide.

Great! Onboarding was a breeze and my partner manager is super responsive. When problems arise they fix them very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use for new staff and for clients is unparalleled in my opinion – the learning curve is so short and with a fast growing team, ease of training is huge for our business. It's intuitive and I love the sleek design that clients experience.

Cons

Because it is new, there are occasionally features I miss from longer-established platforms (example - gift card functionality was only added recently). However, they are rolling out new features every single month and are very response to requests. Worth the wait for full functionality. For my business I wish it had class booking functionality but also appreciate the laser-focus on appointment-based booking.

BD

Brian D.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Functional. Innovative. Classy.

Our clients are happier. Our employees are happier. Our bank account is happier.

Pros

If you are under the impression that salon software is all the same, Boulevard will change your mind. From setup and functionality, to after-sale service and support. They are constantly bringing additional functionality to the platform. We have a dedicated (in every sense of that word) partner on the service and support side. No call center "promises of resolution. Most of all, this is not a "subscription" you buy. Joining Boulevard provides you a team of specialists. And it is has a very classy feel for the clients.

Cons

None. The only difficult decision was deciding exactly how dissatisfied we'd become with our prior provider. Once we made the decision, the rest was easy!

EC

Elvira C.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Finally a software for salons to grow their business!

Never have I ever used a software that clients and stylists love, all while giving me all the insights and tools to scale and grow our business.

Pros

The custom reporting allowed me to effectively look at areas we needed to improve tailored to our salon’s needs!

Cons

Not a con but would love more options for text marketing through the software.

MS

Mari S.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Overall good, but needs som improvements

Overall it is good, but it doesn't serve my businesses needs 100%.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the interface is easier than other platforms I've seen. The customer help is very good, too!

Cons

There are often bugs/error messages when trying to adjust appointments, that can be very frustrating and hold up a client's checkout or scheduling experience. There also really needs to be an easy, clear option to book two services at the same time for the same person.

JB

Jennifer B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

So far so good - cautiously optimistic for the future!

Multiple merchant accounts, low credit card processing fees, automated messaging is nice. Overall customer service is very responsive and helpful, hopefully all the features we are waiting on will actually happen soon. Our previous system promised us that a huge feature we needed would be done in 3 months... for 3 years.

Pros

What was most important to us was the ability to have multiple merchant accounts as we have many renters and all share the same scheduling system.

Cons

We were told when we signed up that there was a Shopify sync, which was not actually working when we implemented it and it has been about 4 months so far and it's still not on the radar. So we are anxiously awaiting that piece which is a huge chunk of why we switched to boulevard. Also waiting on classes feature, new card readers, and gift card functionality.

MD

Michael D.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

The most innovative & functional salon software on the market

It's fantastic. It's the best in the industry and I've researched all of them. They're progressive in the sense that the software will continue to expand its features. Which in turn makes it easier for all of my staff and the clients to have the best experience possible.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly book appointments online via our own book now button. The ability have a complete cloud based service.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow you to have all the functions as the website

VC

Victoria C.

Thankful for BLVD

10/10- highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use/user interface. How thorough the reports are, text messaging built in, insanely amazing customer service

Cons

Hard to say, since there is constant improvement. Like stated previously would love to see a more thorough integration with MailChimp

LM

Lindsay M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Love where this software is headed!

Pros

extremely functional and user-friendly. It made for an easy transition at our salon for receptionist, stylists, and admins. The onboarding team and customer support are incredible, too! We have two locations and they are very easy to switch between and manage.

Cons

definitely a "young" product. There are some gaps in reporting and the lack of a client portal it a huge con for our clients, though, I believe one is in development for next year. We have two cash registers and we struggle to keep financial reporting clean due to a "floating drawer" concept. They support team was helpful with suggestions and we have a make-shift system but do hope that Blvd will invest in improving this feature.

MM

Makayla M.

User-Friendly, Essential Software

I’ve had a great experience using Blvd. Our company has tried many-a-salon softwares and Blvd has just stuck.

Pros

Blvd has quickly become essential for our business. It’s user-friendly, and the capabilities are endless. Easy appointment scheduling, inventory management and client list information. There is so much help and support if you’re unsure of how to do something, too which is much appreciated.

Cons

I would love a little more design-ability with email campaigns.

bc

beth c.

Great product

Overall - great Customer service is top notch

Pros

I like how there are several ways to do various features I love the messaging / texting off the dashboard I love being able to add internal notes for the staff to see on appointments and chats

Cons

There seem to be a lot of softwares rollouts which seem to nice for functionality but also makes it harder to keep up