All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Review Summary

Pros

All in all, this program will help your company function more smoothly which in turn can help you become more profitable.

Molly O.

Read the full review
The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Julia B.

Read the full review
Overall, this software is user friendly and easy to learn and teach to others. It has a nice visual layout and is reliable.

Caroline Z.

Read the full review

Cons

There are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients. Payment processor is also a down side.

Adam W.

Read the full review
At this time there are relatively limited out of the box reporting features which can be challenging the pull the information we're looking for at times.

Stephen N.

James B.

Read the full review

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

Pros

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

Cons

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Boulevard is Awesome

Overall my experience has been pretty great. Such a positive change from Mindbody. I just wished I switched sooner!

Pros

Is it so easy to check clients out! It is so easy for people to schedule online. We switched from Mindbody, and for our massage therapy studio, it is so much more intuitive and easy to take payments without mistakes. Scheduling calendar is easy to use. The Messaging system is so amazing. We text our clients all of the time now and all conversations show under their profile! Online booking is super...

Cons

Not being able to purchase services online or in the app, the app needs more functionality for sure. They have a bunch of new features they are working on that will be rolled out soon, however. They also need better payroll reporting features for paying other than commission. They are also bringing out better online booking smart booking to limit gaps, so that is something I am excited to use in January.

Payment and sales reporting does not meet expectations

I don’t receive many quick replies and when i do my questions don’t have answers. My suggestions get added to future development.

Pros

Online booking and scheduling appointments

Cons

The reporting doesn’t make much sense for the service providers that switched from other payment platforms like square.

Katie

Overall I'm very happy with the software. It's easy to use and training desk staff to use it is super slick. I love all the how to guides. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our managing partner has been amazing, always quick to respond and goes above and beyond with helping us.

Pros

I love how easily it sends comfirmations and takes care of the busy work we usually need to hire staff to complete, like pulling reports, custom timing for clients, and easy for clients to use for online booking

Cons

It's more small things that I'd like to see updated: for example when I save changes to services or products that I'm editing the page only lets you do one service then it auto refreshes to the top of the page, instead of saving and letting me continue where I'm at. That means I have to scroll all the way down to find the section, remember the next service that I have to edit, it's time consuming and...

Best POS Software!

Overall the experience has been outstanding. The team is always attentive & responsive. They come up with alternatives & suggestions to help improve your experience! The software is great as it can be easily accessible on multiple devices & internet!

Pros

Boulevard software is very user friendly, easy to use & convenient! It has reduced the duration of front desk trainig. It has also made the managers that are behind the chair, have a very enjoyable experience. I

Cons

Some of the items that seem like they should be easy to customize, are in face a little more. It makes sense when you realize that the interface is for all users and not just your specific location (s).

Happy we made the switch to Boulevard

Overall I am happy with Boulevard. Again, I was told some things upon signing up that were untrue, so that did make a bad first impression. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved the day as best she could. I am still waiting for hopefully new features in the program to make it easier as a business owner to use, as well as easier for clients and my receptionists to make less errors booking.

Pros

Boulevard is very user friendly. We used to have Mindbody software and are very happy we made the switch. The onboarding process was a little rocky, as there was some misinformation given to me, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and attentive helping me figure everything out. The consumer online booking looks sleek and is easy to use.

Cons

There seems to still be some kinks with online booking, I wish it smart booked better. It also is easy to book a staff member a service they don't perform. The sales reports include tax & tip, I wish there was a way to see our true sales without having to get out a calculator and do it myself. I also was told Mailchimp was included in the high monthly price, however, I have to pay almost $200 more a month for Mailchimp on top of the Boulevard price.

Wonderful for spas and salons

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

Pros

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

Cons

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

Pros

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive...

Cons

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

Welcome to the future or Salon/Spa booking!

Pros

Moving to BLVD has made every aspect of our business streamline and easy. Its so hard to name just a few aspects of what we love about this software because... well... we love it all! BLVD has offered us access to clients ability for easy, smart online booking, the software is very easy to learn and navigate, product inventory management is better than ever, ability to text with clients, touchless...

Cons

Honestly it is very hard for me to list off what I like least about BLVD as we truly love it. Our only issues have been with some of the detail summary reports being a bit off but we have been working with BLVD to get this issue solved.

Great Software for Salons

One of the best things about Boulevard is customer service. Any time we had questions or issues arise, our problem was dealt with swiftly and resolved. Whether we emailed the rep assigned to us or used the Help Chat or the Support Center, we always felt that our problem was addressed very quickly.

Pros

Boulevard is the 3rd scheduling software we have used in the salon, and is by far the best one. Boulevard is very user-friendly. We have had very few problems with it (business interruption or faulty software or the system going down) like we experienced with the other two programs we used in the past. We love the app the stylists/barbers can get on their phones to se e their schedules, be alerted when a client checks in and see client notes right on their phones.

Cons

The negative about Boulevard is that it doesn’t easily connect with any email marketing programs.

A newer program always has it's quirks

Over all very positive experience with Boulevard. Couple of hiccups with intial set up, but once that was taken care of it's been relatively smooth sailing with no major inconveniences in use. Software hasn't gone down randomly in the middle of the day which is a problem we experienced regularly with the last software.

Pros

Integrated text messaging and payment processing is a life saver. Online booking has changed how our business operates in a good way. Love the customization options for users including their preferences for online booking or clients timing. Customer service is timely and friendly which is a huge plus over our previous software.

Cons

Reports could definitely be stronger. The beta options are nice, but often time out before they are able to deliver the real data. Would like some of that to be focused on stronger in the future. There's a lot of work arounds for some things - example, if you want to split a tip after a transation, you have to refund and then run again instead of allowing that to just be done on the ticket. Most things allow exporting to excel, but random things, like purchase order, do not, which woul d be extra helpful. Wish there was more info available for our stylists who use their mobile app.

Snappy cloud solution that improves over time

A fun, fast, and growing company that definitely puts its end use at the focus of the product. Nearly a one software fits all type solution.

Pros

I enjoy that the cloud solution quickly sifts through what must be massive amounts of data that my business creates. It leans towards simplicity that my lay staff don't seem to have much issue with.

Cons

I admit the onboarding and going live schedules we're a bit aggressive and lacked true understanding that my data was going to be used properly the first time. Many edits and back and forth work was needed to get things running to the point I personally didn't have to troubleshoot things between my staff and the product support team.

BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR SALONS

INCREDIBLE.

Pros

I HEARD OF BLVD 8 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH OUR PLATFORMS. WE CHANGED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2020 WHILE OUR SALONS WERE FORCED TO CLOSE. IT WAS A SCARY TIME TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE CHANGES GOING ON IN THE WORLD BUT BLVD MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS. IN THE PAST THE SELLING AGENT HAS BEEN GREAT AND THEN ONCE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A ACCOUNT MANAGER EVERYTHING HAS FALLEN APART. THAT IS NOT THE CASE...

Cons

I WISH THAT IT COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED OUR PAST RETAIL HISTORY. I USED THAT A LOT IN THE PAST AND WE HAD TO MANUALLY RETRIEVED THAT DATA BEFORE THE TRANSFER HAPPENED FROM OUR PREVIOUS PLATFORM. I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BLVD MUCH QUICKER IF WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR RETAIL HISTORY TRANSFERRED.

Easy to deploy and use with all the right information at our fingertips

The Boulevard Labs team has been very easy to access and has been very responsive to our requests. Our partner manager in particular has been very helpful and has gone out of her way on many occasions to ensure our success.

Pros

We like the ease of use from the Front Desk Associate's perspective, excellent performance metrics, and the outstanding customer service.

Cons

Limited options for selecting our own merchant services provider for credit card processing. We understand additional providers will be made available soon. That said, the credit card processing fees are very competitive already.

Enrich your customer and employee experience immensely

At the end of the day, most salon owners do not require or use half of what is pitched by the big software players in the market. Boulevard cleverly ensures that what I absolutely require is used on a daily basis and has helped me use their technology to differentiate myself as a business. I am using Boulevard to elevate my customer experience to a point that clients know they would lose out on more than our technicians should they choose to leave.

Pros

By far the single most important feature of Boulevard it the integrated messenger. Being able to communicate so easily over text with clients, and have them use the same telephone number as the salon, has helped us to take our customer care to a new level. We have been praised by numerous guests on how well we have communicated with them through this COVID-19 crisis and lot of this is down to our ability...

Cons

Boulevard is well aware that they are not as comprehensive as others in the market and that is OK. Could reporting be better? Yes, and that's why they now have a new Beta Reports feature allowing us to test a much more flexible reporting tool. Could there be more integrations with payroll and accounting companies? Of course, but they are focusing on expanding those integrations once they are happy that they can generate the right report data to pass across. I am happy to be patient because the support I get today shows me how much they care about their clients needs and they will get to adding the features in time.

Easy to use - growing features every month

Boulevard made my transition so easy, and even migrated more data than I expected. The customer support has been wonderful, and they allow us to provide feedback on features that we would like to see.

Pros

The software is very easy to use! Our new team members can get on boarded in days instead of weeks.

Cons

There are multiple features that are not fully developed, like user permissions. But they are adding new features and integrations every month.

Best salon software I've ever used!

Solved the stress of all the "workarounds" we were having to do with our old software. Elevated the guests experience with working with our business.

Pros

It's hard to put in words the beauty of this software. It's visually beautiful, very quick to learn, easy to use, customer service is outstanding & quick to respond, and the online booking platform is so easy to use for our guests. We've been in business for 9 years and this is our 5th and final software. We've found the one!! The conversion from our other software was so easy and seamless (we've had disasters in the past) I can't recommend it enough!!!

Cons

A few features I feel are missing (but I'm told they are working on adding them) Referral program built in, option to pay commissions on discounted services or the original price, line items for set fees in the checkout instead of having to manually enter it, ability for guests to book directly from Instagram.

A Whole New World (Cue the Little Mermaid)

Pros

Easy to use & train new employees. Reporting is sooooo easy & I don't touch Excel nearly as often. Their support team is so kind, and so personable. They made the transition seamless & actually enjoyable. I really enjoy the front desk view, and I totally wasn't expecting that. That has been the saving grace, seeing who has confirmed & not confirmed- it makes my mornings smooth & less stressful. The Little Mermaid quote was a little cheeky but honestly accurate, it's been such a nice transition for my business & my team loves it.

Cons

I can't think of anything so far. As my business grows, I'll have a better sense but so far it's all really good!

Makes training new staff so easy!

No need to send reports to accounting - they can access everything themselves. It's made training so simple and easy thanks to the system remembering how to book each client and allow the staff to move the appointments around on the days effortlessly to find the best time slot. No more wasting paper printing schedules and service bills, everything is done through the service providers app on their smart phone.

Pros

How you can click & grab a booking to move it around on the schedule.

Cons

We are no longer able to change the service provider once the order is processed.

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

Wish we switched sooner

Never thought I could love software!

Pros

Boulevard is incredible. Everything is so easy to use. The functionality saves so much time and my staff actually love it.

Cons

Really wish I found Boulevard sooner. Not sure how I didnt know they existed!

The Ultimate Salon Software

Fantastic. I LOVE the Help Chat, the easy to use interface, and the fact that we can suggest features. It seems like BLVD is always adding new, helpful ways to use the software without there being too much unnecessary bulk.

Pros

The ease of use, and how easy it is to learn things. We have very stubborn stylists who are resistant to change, and they all seem to be doing really well with the transition. Any hiccups that happen are always easily fixed!

Cons

Nothing seems to be very difficult to understand so far. I would, however, prefer to be able to customize parts of the checkout window. For example: being able to turn off the gratuity-only sale, or prompting the user to type in a client name from a new sale on the Sales tab. We have some stylists who strictly checkout on the sales tab and forget to add client names because it's not very noticeable. It might also be helpful to be able to assign clients to a 'regular/preferred stylist' so that maybe it could auto-populate that name as the sales rep, if they were to just walk in and buy product. But overall, love everything!

Fantastic!

Overall its been pretty pleasant. We were using Booker before and since transferring to Boulevard, it's been great. Everything has been relatively easy to learn and easy to train with other people. I feel like I learn something new like every week haha.

Pros

I love the ease of the tabs and being able to just read what is what and where to go. Theres no guessing on where you need to go in order to do what you need to do. Everything is very user friendly. It would be really hard to mess something up.

Cons

I dont like that you're not able to just stretch appointments by grabbing the appointment. You should be able to grab the bottom of the appointment and stretch it, instead of having to do an extra step, going into "Edit Appointment" and changing the time length. Also the "Week" view doesnt work if theres more then four barbers on your screen, that should be changed. There also should be some sort of Apple Pay option with Boulevard, its 2020 going into 2021 :)

Tried several options – Boulevard won by a landslide.

Great! Onboarding was a breeze and my partner manager is super responsive. When problems arise they fix them very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use for new staff and for clients is unparalleled in my opinion – the learning curve is so short and with a fast growing team, ease of training is huge for our business. It's intuitive and I love the sleek design that clients experience.

Cons

Because it is new, there are occasionally features I miss from longer-established platforms (example - gift card functionality was only added recently). However, they are rolling out new features every single month and are very response to requests. Worth the wait for full functionality. For my business I wish it had class booking functionality but also appreciate the laser-focus on appointment-based booking.

Transitioned with large brand from different software

Pros

Boulevard is intuitive, myself and our staff picked it up quickly. The reporting is much more detailed and customizable than what we had worked with before.

Cons

Transitioning was slow and a bit tough at first, but all data was eventually added and correct.

Select your country

© 2010-2020 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.