Boulevard Reviews

Boulevard

Business management software for salons and spas

Boulevard

Review Summary

Pros

We like the ease of use from the Front Desk Associate's perspective, excellent performance metrics, and the outstanding customer service.

Don J.

Sara H.

All in all, this program will help your company function more smoothly which in turn can help you become more profitable.

Molly O.

Matthew W.

There are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients. Payment processor is also a down side.

Adam W.

James B.

4.8

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

Pros

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

Cons

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Snappy cloud solution that improves over time

A fun, fast, and growing company that definitely puts its end use at the focus of the product. Nearly a one software fits all type solution.

Pros

I enjoy that the cloud solution quickly sifts through what must be massive amounts of data that my business creates. It leans towards simplicity that my lay staff don't seem to have much issue with.

Cons

I admit the onboarding and going live schedules we're a bit aggressive and lacked true understanding that my data was going to be used properly the first time. Many edits and back and forth work was needed to get things running to the point I personally didn't have to troubleshoot things between my staff and the product support team.

User friendly.

Pros

Very user friendly. Booking for clients and the front desk staff is a breeze. In-app texting lowers the time staff spends confirming appointments in a high volume shop.

Cons

Customizable reports need to be expanded. They are currently hard to customize for results, and multiple reports need to be created and combined outside of Boulevard to achieve the desired results. The random booking algorithm is confusing and does not produce random results. Currently lacking options for Apple pay and Google pay. Could you more options for 3 party integrations such as NPS scores. Service providers and be created at a brand level but need to be customized at each shop level for services (i.e. length, service types available). This makes it time-consuming and leaves the possibility of error if a service provider works at multiple locations.

Best POS Software!

Overall the experience has been outstanding. The team is always attentive & responsive. They come up with alternatives & suggestions to help improve your experience! The software is great as it can be easily accessible on multiple devices & internet!

Pros

Boulevard software is very user friendly, easy to use & convenient! It has reduced the duration of front desk trainig. It has also made the managers that are behind the chair, have a very enjoyable experience. I

Cons

Some of the items that seem like they should be easy to customize, are in face a little more. It makes sense when you realize that the interface is for all users and not just your specific location (s).

A newer program always has it's quirks

Over all very positive experience with Boulevard. Couple of hiccups with intial set up, but once that was taken care of it's been relatively smooth sailing with no major inconveniences in use. Software hasn't gone down randomly in the middle of the day which is a problem we experienced regularly with the last software.

Pros

Integrated text messaging and payment processing is a life saver. Online booking has changed how our business operates in a good way. Love the customization options for users including their preferences for online booking or clients timing. Customer service is timely and friendly which is a huge plus over our previous software.

Cons

Reports could definitely be stronger. The beta options are nice, but often time out before they are able to deliver the real data. Would like some of that to be focused on stronger in the future. There's a lot of work arounds for some things - example, if you want to split a tip after a transation, you have to refund and then run again instead of allowing that to just be done on the ticket. Most things allow exporting to excel, but random things, like purchase order, do not, which woul d be extra helpful. Wish there was more info available for our stylists who use their mobile app.

Welcome to the future or Salon/Spa booking!

Pros

Moving to BLVD has made every aspect of our business streamline and easy. Its so hard to name just a few aspects of what we love about this software because... well... we love it all! BLVD has offered us access to clients ability for easy, smart online booking, the software is very easy to learn and navigate, product inventory management is better than ever, ability to text with clients, touchless...

Cons

Honestly it is very hard for me to list off what I like least about BLVD as we truly love it. Our only issues have been with some of the detail summary reports being a bit off but we have been working with BLVD to get this issue solved.

Great Software for Salons

One of the best things about Boulevard is customer service. Any time we had questions or issues arise, our problem was dealt with swiftly and resolved. Whether we emailed the rep assigned to us or used the Help Chat or the Support Center, we always felt that our problem was addressed very quickly.

Pros

Boulevard is the 3rd scheduling software we have used in the salon, and is by far the best one. Boulevard is very user-friendly. We have had very few problems with it (business interruption or faulty software or the system going down) like we experienced with the other two programs we used in the past. We love the app the stylists/barbers can get on their phones to se e their schedules, be alerted when a client checks in and see client notes right on their phones.

Cons

The negative about Boulevard is that it doesn’t easily connect with any email marketing programs.

BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR SALONS

INCREDIBLE.

Pros

I HEARD OF BLVD 8 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH OUR PLATFORMS. WE CHANGED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2020 WHILE OUR SALONS WERE FORCED TO CLOSE. IT WAS A SCARY TIME TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE CHANGES GOING ON IN THE WORLD BUT BLVD MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS. IN THE PAST THE SELLING AGENT HAS BEEN GREAT AND THEN ONCE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A ACCOUNT MANAGER EVERYTHING HAS FALLEN APART. THAT IS NOT THE CASE...

Cons

I WISH THAT IT COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED OUR PAST RETAIL HISTORY. I USED THAT A LOT IN THE PAST AND WE HAD TO MANUALLY RETRIEVED THAT DATA BEFORE THE TRANSFER HAPPENED FROM OUR PREVIOUS PLATFORM. I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BLVD MUCH QUICKER IF WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR RETAIL HISTORY TRANSFERRED.

A Whole New World (Cue the Little Mermaid)

Pros

Easy to use & train new employees. Reporting is sooooo easy & I don't touch Excel nearly as often. Their support team is so kind, and so personable. They made the transition seamless & actually enjoyable. I really enjoy the front desk view, and I totally wasn't expecting that. That has been the saving grace, seeing who has confirmed & not confirmed- it makes my mornings smooth & less stressful. The Little Mermaid quote was a little cheeky but honestly accurate, it's been such a nice transition for my business & my team loves it.

Cons

I can't think of anything so far. As my business grows, I'll have a better sense but so far it's all really good!

Wish we switched sooner

Never thought I could love software!

Pros

Boulevard is incredible. Everything is so easy to use. The functionality saves so much time and my staff actually love it.

Cons

Really wish I found Boulevard sooner. Not sure how I didnt know they existed!

Easy to deploy and use with all the right information at our fingertips

The Boulevard Labs team has been very easy to access and has been very responsive to our requests. Our partner manager in particular has been very helpful and has gone out of her way on many occasions to ensure our success.

Pros

Cons

Limited options for selecting our own merchant services provider for credit card processing. We understand additional providers will be made available soon. That said, the credit card processing fees are very competitive already.

Enrich your customer and employee experience immensely

At the end of the day, most salon owners do not require or use half of what is pitched by the big software players in the market. Boulevard cleverly ensures that what I absolutely require is used on a daily basis and has helped me use their technology to differentiate myself as a business. I am using Boulevard to elevate my customer experience to a point that clients know they would lose out on more than our technicians should they choose to leave.

Pros

By far the single most important feature of Boulevard it the integrated messenger. Being able to communicate so easily over text with clients, and have them use the same telephone number as the salon, has helped us to take our customer care to a new level. We have been praised by numerous guests on how well we have communicated with them through this COVID-19 crisis and lot of this is down to our ability...

Cons

Boulevard is well aware that they are not as comprehensive as others in the market and that is OK. Could reporting be better? Yes, and that's why they now have a new Beta Reports feature allowing us to test a much more flexible reporting tool. Could there be more integrations with payroll and accounting companies? Of course, but they are focusing on expanding those integrations once they are happy that they can generate the right report data to pass across. I am happy to be patient because the support I get today shows me how much they care about their clients needs and they will get to adding the features in time.

Best salon software I've ever used!

Solved the stress of all the "workarounds" we were having to do with our old software. Elevated the guests experience with working with our business.

Pros

It's hard to put in words the beauty of this software. It's visually beautiful, very quick to learn, easy to use, customer service is outstanding & quick to respond, and the online booking platform is so easy to use for our guests. We've been in business for 9 years and this is our 5th and final software. We've found the one!! The conversion from our other software was so easy and seamless (we've had disasters in the past) I can't recommend it enough!!!

Cons

A few features I feel are missing (but I'm told they are working on adding them) Referral program built in, option to pay commissions on discounted services or the original price, line items for set fees in the checkout instead of having to manually enter it, ability for guests to book directly from Instagram.

Makes training new staff so easy!

No need to send reports to accounting - they can access everything themselves. It's made training so simple and easy thanks to the system remembering how to book each client and allow the staff to move the appointments around on the days effortlessly to find the best time slot. No more wasting paper printing schedules and service bills, everything is done through the service providers app on their smart phone.

Pros

How you can click & grab a booking to move it around on the schedule.

Cons

We are no longer able to change the service provider once the order is processed.

The Ultimate Salon Software

Fantastic. I LOVE the Help Chat, the easy to use interface, and the fact that we can suggest features. It seems like BLVD is always adding new, helpful ways to use the software without there being too much unnecessary bulk.

Pros

The ease of use, and how easy it is to learn things. We have very stubborn stylists who are resistant to change, and they all seem to be doing really well with the transition. Any hiccups that happen are always easily fixed!

Cons

Nothing seems to be very difficult to understand so far. I would, however, prefer to be able to customize parts of the checkout window. For example: being able to turn off the gratuity-only sale, or prompting the user to type in a client name from a new sale on the Sales tab. We have some stylists who strictly checkout on the sales tab and forget to add client names because it's not very noticeable. It might also be helpful to be able to assign clients to a 'regular/preferred stylist' so that maybe it could auto-populate that name as the sales rep, if they were to just walk in and buy product. But overall, love everything!

Amazing system

I am extremely pleased with how well Boulevard integrated with my business and allows me to run my day more smoothly. I appreciate the extremely quick response time of our account manager and the help chat team as well. When you have timely concerns, waiting for an answer just isn't going to work! Finally, having the reporting documents that I need to fully understand what my business is telling me is so important. I have never been more aligned with what's right for my company and what I need to focus more on. I also think that it is extremely impressive that a company has a suggestion page for it's users to drop them information on what they need out of the system. All in all, this program will help your company function more smoothly which in turn can help you become more profitable!

Pros

I love the front desk page. It is extremely helpful in organizing the clients for the day and making sure that clients are well managed and greeted! I also like that the system has an app and that it is generally user friendly. The online booking feature is great because it keeps the client on your webpage instead of redirecting to another site.

Cons

You have to request and petition to get the company name on the merchant code for CC transactions - if you don't do this and clients dispute the charges when they check their CC statements and don't recognize the charge name, you're automatically charged $30. So be sure to petition for that change right away with your account manager. The app, while awesome to have, has a few things that it is lacking but I'm fully confident that it will soon be working at max capacity.

Functional. Innovative. Classy.

Our clients are happier. Our employees are happier. Our bank account is happier.

Pros

If you are under the impression that salon software is all the same, Boulevard will change your mind. From setup and functionality, to after-sale service and support. They are constantly bringing additional functionality to the platform. We have a dedicated (in every sense of that word) partner on the service and support side. No call center "promises of resolution. Most of all, this is not a "subscription" you buy. Joining Boulevard provides you a team of specialists. And it is has a very classy feel for the clients.

Cons

None. The only difficult decision was deciding exactly how dissatisfied we'd become with our prior provider. Once we made the decision, the rest was easy!

almost perfect

if we can work quickly through some of the challenges it will be great, if not buyers remorse

Pros

ease of booking and working with appointments

Cons

there are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients payment processor is also a down side integrations for internal marketing could be improved and create a SIGNIFICANT amount of value

The best, new salon software out there!

It's been the best! If you're a salon owner like myself, I highly recommend it! These people know what they're doing.

Pros

It's elegant, intuitive, easy to use, and has everything we could possibly need. Clients don't have to login anywhere online or register to make an appointment. From what we've come across, when clients have to create an account online just to make an appointment, it causes a drop off since it's too many steps. Reporting is detailed and easy to understand, unlike other salon software programs. Customer service is also the best, we have 1 rep we work with and can call them up anytime if we need help.

Cons

Needs email marketing within the platform. Right now we can pull a list of emails in the software and filter by locations, appointment type, stylist, etc. but it'd be nice if we could create the email directly in the platform.

Loving our new software

We switched from a really large, out of date system. Boulevard is clean and simple. It has brought our salon into 2020 with ease. I would have never gotten through the quarantine and being able to work remotely without the ease of Boulevard. The customer service staff is wonderful, always available, and quick to respond. I am so pleased with our choice to switch, I would never go back!

Pros

Ease of communicating to the company is top notch! The program is simple, clean, and easy to use. Transition from the other software we used was painless. Booking app and staff app is great! Integrated CC processing is amazing as well.

Cons

A few reports could be added, online booking features could be a bit cleaner.

Must have for Salon or Spa

I was impressed with the training and communication with the Boulevard onboarding team when we made the switch. They made the big switch easy and it was seamless. It can be scary to bring in new things to your business but this is a no brainer. The reporting systems are the most detailed, the training for staff makes it so you don't have to do anything, and the clients love it. Highly recommend!

Pros

How it is the most functional and modern software for my industry. Boulevard has simplified so many frustrating features we had to work through with other booking softwares, plus our clients have complimented how easy it is to use online booking.

Cons

The reports can be tricky to navigate and sometimes it can be slow but it resolves itself or If i need help I use the Help Chat service and any questions I have get resolved within minutes.

Boulevard review

Superb. Support has been outstanding, which is a key feature, or mny of them, on why i choose Boulevard over other POS companies. I used to sell POS (long time ago) and the support has been stellar, everyone is beyond professional and helpful.

Pros

The adaptability is a key feature, many, many features make for an easy fit into our existing business. So many options that I haven't begun scratching the surface.

Cons

Implementation was a little lacking - maybe offer an in person option for future establishments.

Love working with BLVD + excited to see them grow

Pros

BLVD is a great booking system for so many reasons. First and most importantly their team is incredibly responsive and helpful. Their help chat is perhaps the best on any platform that I use. Our rep is also always there to help us by answering questions or taking product requests. The platform is also pretty user-friendly and intuitive. BLVD is actively working on improvements + developments, so I look forward to seeing where they go next.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that are frustrating to our employees + our clients. For example the booking flow can feel stiff, and we are still not set up to have our clients have client profiles that they can log into and view their data in. On the internal side, sometimes there are processes that we have to do manually that I wish could be automated - pulling certain reports for example.

One of the best choices I have made for my salon business

Our overall experience with Boulevard has been exceptional. I have been so happy with this product. Worth every penny

Pros

What I like most is that is is easy, straight forward, it looks nice. Matches up with my branding, and the support team is on top. Any time I’ve needed support, have any question, someone reaches out usually within the same day- if not by next day. I can’t say enough about how much my team and I love this software- and we have only been using it for 5 months at this point.

Cons

Nothing so far- Boulevard is constantly working to make improvements and getting feedback/ideas from the customers using the software.

Made our lives to much easier!

Their team is beyond helpful and always eager to find new ways to improve the platform!

Pros

Boulevard is leaps and bounds ahead of our previous booking platform! The best part is the features are far more user friendly and much simpler UI.

Cons

At this time there are relatively limited out of the box reporting features which can be challenging the pull the information we're looking for at times.